Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.45/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

371 Meineke Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My husband and I always use Meineke for our oil changes. The location at 3332 N Oracle Rd in Tucson does a fabulous job of providing quality auto service at a reasonable price. We are always taking care of promptly with the best service possible.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Last week I had a tune up a fuel injection cleaning, my great experience that time prompted me to come back this week and have a 3.5 lift kit and a complete dual exhaust system installed, the manager Jim took very good care of me, and exceeded my expectations, my 2008 Chevy Suburban not only looks great, but sounds and runs like a charm. These quality experiences and attention to detail by Jim and his staff is prompting me to come next week for new tires and rims. My overall experience thus far has left with a feeling of deep appreciation, and I will refer all of my friends and family to this particular Meineke store (Store #2267).

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Meineke has Always been my Go-To ever since they were there for me in my time of emergency need. I came to them when my car was having an extended crank. They didn’t want me to spend any unnecessary money if they weren’t 100% sure what the problem was. They gave me some suggestions and even asked me to talk to Firestone about my warranty before I spent money with them. I came back to them after doing their suggestions and they even taught me on how I could see if it’s really a matter of fact fuel pressure problem. They helped me at a low cost and they still gave me the best parts for a Chevy. It was quick, easy, and they seemed to genuinely care. They also told me that if the problem arises again they won’t charge me for another diagnostics. They are doing great!

Original review: July 20, 2018

RE: 82nd & Powell location in Portland, OR. After a terrible, almost car-destroying trip to Pep Boys, I decided to try Meineke for my oil changes. They were friendly and quick with reasonable prices. Since then, I've had them replace my shocks and struts, replace my alternator, fix oil leaks and patch tires. They always are up-front with me about costs of parts and labor and the time that it will take to complete a job. They always give me the best deal they can, including discounts on pricier jobs and freebies when they can sneak them in. John has exceptional customer service. He makes sure I'm laughing the whole time I'm there. He also has given me rides to and from work when my car needs to stay at the shop during the day. I always feel like I get the best service and will continue to go to this Meineke for all of my car care needs! They are all a bunch of rock stars but John is phenomenal at his job!

Original review: July 15, 2018

I shopped around for the best price I can get to fix the exhaust on my 2011 Nissan Sentra. Then I finally took a chance at this Meineke location in South Plainfield #249. Both times I brought my car there 1) Basic Oil Change, 2) To install Connector Pipe & Heavy Duty Muffler, I was very happy with their work. Mike gladly explained to me what type of work needs to be done and worked with me with the budget I had. Mike was able to accommodate me on their busy schedule and that was huge since it was on a Friday. The welcome feeling as soon as I entered the shop was very pleasant with Steve's big smile.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: May 10, 2019

I set up an appointment for an oil change at 8:00 am on Friday at Meineke Temecula, CA. They supposed to open at 7:30 am. Well, me, another customer and some employees were waiting to open the doors... I stay there after 8:00 am (the other customer left some minutes before me), and I just went to another shop to get my car service. So bad they don’t have any respect for customers and employees...

Original review: May 4, 2019

I went for Starter Replacement and they charged me 500 dollars for a cost that should have been around 200 dollars. When I picked up the car and asked for paperwork they were trying not to give it to me. The repair finally admitted that they charged me the extra money to go out to lunch and split the proceeds among the crew. They finally returned two hundred of the 500 dollars I gave them. However, now I suspect it was a minor problem they resolved and they did not replace my starter. Avoid this location at all cost.

Original review: May 1, 2019

A few years ago, I replaced the exhaust assembly with one that came with a lifetime warranty. The location that did the work recently went out of business in Canada and Meineke told me to go to another location but that location refused to honour that warranty. I called customer service and was told over and over that someone will get back to me with a resolution but no one has. This has gone on for over two months... They are simply dishonest and don't care about their customers. Avoid Meineke as they will never honour their commitments. Your money will be wasted with such an dishonest company.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I went to Meineke Car Care Center located in Peachtree City, GA on February 1st, 2019 and explained to them I was experiencing heavy pulsation and shaking of my steering wheel when I get up to speed and go to put on breaks. They told me they would take it back and diagnose it for me. I also had an oil change and wheel alignment done.

They came back and informed me that my front rotors were badly warped and needed to be replaced immediately and that my pulsation and shaking of the steering wheel was originating from it. I gave them the go ahead to go on and replace my front pads and rotors. They informed me that my back rotors were okay and still had life in them. I ended up going back to them two weeks later and informed them that the pulsation and shaking was back. They drove it and looked at it and said the rotors were warped again and that they must have been sent some defective parts. So, they went ahead and replaced them free of charge.

Well approximately a couple of weeks later in March of 2019 I went back to them with the same issue. The pulsation and shaking of my steering wheel had come back again. Well this is where the owner (lady) begin to get rude and wants to point out that it must be my driving causing it and that the calipers must be bad. Well I just wanted my money back at this point so I could just take it to someone else. She informed me that I needed to call corporate and still proceeded to change them out again even though I didn't want that. She also told me that if I brought it back that she would not change them again unless I showed her proof that I had gotten my front calipers done.

Well I took my vehicle to Precision Tune Auto Care for a diagnostic test of my front rotors and calipers. They came back and told me that my calipers were fine but that I needed front pads and rotors again because they are most definitely warped again. All of this makes me wonder if my front rotors and pads were ever changed to begin with.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was charged 45 over the phone and billed 50+tax almost 60 bucks for ten minutes of labor. I had two receipts. They were charging me 2100 to fix issues. I found all of my new parts needed for my brake system for 190 on Amazon and everything he claimed was bad was not. Meineke just added premium parts too. I wasn't given options. I paid my mechanically inclined engineer friend 100. He only wanted 50 bucks for less than an hour of labor. I guess I was a female so they tried to play me. It's their loss. I'm spending money on my project car but I don't want to be screwed over in the process. My friend is fixing it. Stay away from Meineke.

Original review: April 2, 2019

NEVER use MEINKE/MAFIA MUFFLER. Recently, my muffler rusted through and fell off where it joins the tailpipe and I took it to my local Meineke in Asheville, NC (124 Patton Avenue). **, the owner or manager, said, “Great news, it’s just your muffler. The total will be $1385.89 to repair.” $1,400 for a muffler? Why so expensive? ** said, “My ‘parts guy’ says, it’s an older Volvo (2002) and turbo.” My ** meter immediately went off. “I DON’T HAVE A TURBO Volvo, **.” As he stammered to come up with a reasonable response, I found my OEM muffler online for $159. I told him this.

** pretended to be surprised, “Really? Send me the link. I’ll look into it and call you back. Or, you can order it and have it sent here and we’ll install it.” I said, “Sure. Meanwhile, I’ll come get the car. But, is it safe to drive without the muffler?” I asked. “Well, I can’t say for certain because the tailpipe is near the gas tank, which could be dangerous.” It sounded like he was inferring that it might blow up or something. That’s a bunch of crap. They are on opposite sides of the chassis and do you know how hot my car would have to run for me to be in danger?

RESOLUTION: I got my car and muffler and took it around the corner to AFFORDABLE MUFFLER, a highly-reputable owner-run Muffler-Exhaust garage on Haywood Avenue. George, the owner and mechanic, soldered my old muffler back in place within 30 minutes while I waited, for $53. MEINEKE never looked into or offered to reattach my old muffler. Instead, MAFIA MUFFLER tried to over-charge me $1332.89. My advice is never use them.

Also, when I originally called Meineke they told me to use their free Meineke Membership, which would give me 5 free tows per year to them. That, in itself, makes you wonder how good their work is if you may need to be towed to them 5 times within a year. Nevertheless, I signed up for the service. However, no one ever arrived to tow me. I called Meineke Membership three times, yet no one ever came or called me back. Five hours later I eventually called a towing service on my own to take my car to Meineke. And the rest is history.

Original review: March 28, 2019

They are awesome of what they do. First time being there was excellent. Oil change was in time. Matter he said less than an hour and it was. I recommend to get you oil change done here. Very friendly atmosphere.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The man that was behind the counter was so rude from the moment I walked into this establishment that I was completely taken back. It only got worse! When my oil change was done, he said I needed my turbo resealed and quoted me $600-$700. Also, said I needed an oil pan gasket in which he also quoted me $600-$700. I Googled these jobs and the price online was about half the cost in which this man at Meineke quoted me. When I brought this to his attention, he sarcastically said, "oh you one of those googlers? Yeah, and I believe everything I read online too!" I found this to be insulting and completely unprofessional. I would not recommend this establishment to my worst enemy much less a friend or family member.

Original review: March 5, 2019

My 4Runner was having issues, so I took it into Meineke to do a full diagnostic. They ended up changing a few filters, doing the brakes and an oil change. They told me the car was 100% safe to drive, I gave them six hundred dollars and was on my way. Fast forward less than 24 hours later and I am stranded 60 miles away from home with my very pregnant wife and dog on a Sunday. I called Meineke’s towing service and they charged me $300 for a tow truck they never even sent! It took 6 hours to find a towing company to take us home. (Another 400$.) We were almost stranded in 20 degree weather in the middle of nowhere thanks to this company. When I called to tell them what happened, they said they weren’t at fault. $1000 and a broken car later, I’m just out of luck.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

6 Feb 2019 10:30 am. I purchased a Flowmaster muffler online. I took my 2007 Toyota Tacoma pickup to the shop to get it installed. Meineke care center #2735 located on Reisterstown Rd, Pikesville, MD 21208. Tech WM3 informed me it would take some time to install the exhaust pipe muffler and tailpipe. 6 hrs in the shop. I could see 3 or 4 parts trucks delivering pieces of exhaust during this time. I was informed many times the job was near completion. After 5 hrs there a manager came in and asked me if I wanted a ride home.

I'm 71 year old disabled Vietnam veteran. I suffer with many chronic pains. No food or medications, just water. To the completion of this crappy install. 6hrs later. The exhaust pipe and muffler were hanging close to the ground below the leaf springs. I asked the tech if that was the best he could do? He said yes. Now I'm very upset and not satisfied with the work $300.00 I paid the shop. I informed Meineke corporate on the phone requesting my money refunded to me. I took my truck to Toyota where I should have taken it first. They removed Meineke’s so unprofessional crap, and replaced the exhaust pipe, muffler, and tailpipe with Toyota parts $780.00. I want my $300.00 refunded.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My 1983 Ranger had an exhaust leak and a hole in the muffler during my Vegas trip last week. I took her to a Meineke Muffler repair in North Vegas. Well I got ripped off. My bad for not checking the BBB on my phone before going there. Found today 7 days after exhaust leak came back they just used red silicone at the catalytic gasket area, just no gasket. They took me for $490 to fix leak and install a new muffler using existing old rusted clamps. After getting home I found the closest Meineke is 100 miles away. I'll do it myself to make sure it's done right. Order gaskets from eBay today. I hate getting suckered.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Never go to the Meineke in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I went for a simple oil change and after they told me my vehicle was ready I tried to open the door and the latch comes off in my hand and superglue is all over my hand. They broke the exterior handle on my driver's side door and the manager without any apology precedes to tell me, as if I'm stupid, that the latch was previously superglued on. They refused to do anything about it so I filed a complaint with the district manager. I have not received a call back yet. If there's no call back by this week I might just have to go to my local news station.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

This shop was an absolute nightmare to deal with. In my experience, their staff and owner acted completely unprofessional, quoted me price estimates and projected completion times, only for them to take two and half weeks beyond the time they initially told me things would be finished. On top of everything, when they finally returned my car, it had denting and scratches. The owner attempted to pass the buck, only to then try to say that I could leave it longer and they would take care of it. After the entire ordeal, there was no way I was trusting my car to their shop anymore - I then had to go through insurance to have the bodywork handled.

Above this, the owner refused to acknowledge my coupon, which is the entire reason I brought my car here to begin with. I let him read the fine print, and when he couldn't find a reason to not accept it, he just flat out said no. Meineke corporate said that shops are independent. Poor representation of the Meineke brand and a poor experience with thinking the brand would look after its customers. A completely awful experience from start to finish, my opinion was that the owner is completely unprofessional. Would never trust my car with them for any work in the future under any circumstances.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I took my car to be serviced at the location in Horn Lake, MS and paid for an expensive service and still picked my car back up with the same issues. I took it back and he diagnosed the problem in five minute saying he didn't catch the day before. They did not do a proper job AT ALL, and only wanted the money out of the service and not to really fix my car issue. Clay was rude and did not care that he cheated me out of my money and a service that I really didn't need. They changed prices and told me it would be one price, then turned around and said another.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

MEINEKE REVIEW - This company Located on Pimlico Parkway in Lexington Kentucky is an incompetent business and the manager or owner who’s name is Charlie ** in my opinion is a con artist. I took my vintage pickup truck to Meineke on Pimlico Parkway last month to have dual exhaust installed and a couple oil leaks repaired at a cost of approximately $850.00. When I picked the truck 3 days later, they had installed the exhaust, but the tail pile was crooked. The oil leaks were not repaired. I took the truck back 4 more times during the next 3 weeks, but the leaks were still not repaired. I was told by Charlie that there were other leaks and he charged me an additional $450.00.

I was then told the truck was finished and picked it up, only to find the next day after sitting all night in my garage that the leaks that I paid to be repaired had gotten worse. I took the truck back and every day I was given a different excuse by Charlie why my truck was not ready. Excuses such as: the parts has to order the part, or the parts truck broke down or the sent the wrong part or I don’t have the correct tool to install the part, etc.

After Meineke had the truck for 8 days, I was told the truck was finally finished. I picked the truck up and Charlie then told me that the leak was not completely taken care of and he had ordered yet another part to fix it. I decided to not take it back for any further work, but rather asked Charlie for a partial refund so that I could find a reputable repair shop to do the work. Of Course he refused to give a refund. I then contacted Meineke Customer service and they are a joke as well. I was told that they had spoken to Charlie and he would finish the work properly. This fly by night company should not be in business and I will never do business with any of Meineke’s shops again. Consumer Beware.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I took my car in because my window would not roll up. They ended up putting in the wrong part which blew a fuse. While they were trying to fix that they cut a wire which caused a problem with my transmission. Even though the technician admitted to causing the problem, the manager said there was no way to prove they caused the problem and said it was "bad timing." They refused to pay for the problems they caused including the fuse and transmission and still wanted me to pay for the window. I went in for a window issue and by the end of it my car was not even driveable. They had my car for over a week and I had to get it towed to the dealership to fix the transmission issue. The manager is not honest or reliable. I will never go back there.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I visited Meineke this morning 10/11/2018 at West 38th Street Indianapolis, IN location for oil change. From beginning to end the service was absolutely excellent, especially the front desk staff and mechanic Mr. Anthony **. Five stars ⭐️ much appreciated!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Ok took my truck to Meineke in Bridgeport Ohio 43912 to have 2 transmission lines replaced local parts store same place. They get them 19$ and 21$. Person said be 60$ plus parts. Went got my truck. It was 281$$. Told him should of called me. I'd came got truck, did it myself. Said 4 hours labor and a tool need to do it with a screwdriver. I can do this but due to health problem with my head I can lay flat and get up without falling and be down for days till it clears up and sad. I've worked with this shop for long time. Like I said should of called me. I'd went got it, did turn this in to their main office. Wonder how many other they give cheapest then hit them up for big bucks. Beware of Meineke of Bridgeport Ohio!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Hi, Just got my car serviced on Saturday 09/22/2018. It has been an awful experience getting my car serviced at Meineke. When I drove my car today to New York airport after servicing, I could find that there was engine oil dripping out of the car and smoke coming out. When we opened the bonnet, we found there was no cap on the Engine Oil box and all the oil was spilled over the machine and it was smoking. Absolutely, unprofessional service and really putting someone's life in danger if someone does not notices it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My brakes went out, so I went to Meineke to have them perform the Free brake inspection. If you look at their advertisement for it, it clearly states they inspect the brake hoses, calipers, rotors and master ignition for free. I went into store 2275 in South Elgin where I dealt with Dennis D’Onofrio the owner. He told me that the inspection would have to go to the lift for diagnosis which costs $50. Because the free inspection he just looks at the car. You CANNOT inspect brake hoses and line unless you are underneath the car. As my car is on the lift this incompetent clown tells me my differential is leaking. Which it wasn’t. It was clearly the busted brake hose dripping onto it. He tried to add it on my bill for $190 but I declined service because it didn’t need work! Apparently the mechanics thought I was doing that service and they tried to remove a bolt and ended up breaking one inside the housing.

I didn’t notice this until the next day because I never agreed to service on the differential. As I went to pay I asked him again how he inspects brakes with your it being on a lift. This joker told me he inspects brakes like that all the time. I told him the free inspection was false advertisement. He turns to his mechanics and says “This guy thinks you should work for free, so I won’t pay you guys tonight, you can go home with no paycheck” then calls me a “** cheap guy” as he walks away. Furious, I called customer service and built a case. The person handling my case was just as incompetent as the owner. I mentioned the damage they did and he told me if I wanted to dispute charges to take it up with the owner! They sent me back to the unprofessional thief to see if he will pay for damages.

As I confronted him I video recorded the incident and he tried to take my phone away from me then aggressively bumped me and put his fist in a punching manner. This OWNER was going to assault me for calling him out on the damage done to my car! Nonetheless I called the police and filed a report. The same incompetent case handler then told me that the owner told him, that they will not be resolving the damages done to my car and agreed with him that the diagnostics they ran on my brake line was valid to be charged. It was literally and inspection to see that a hose was dripping while on the lift. After I explained that this owner tried to assault me I asked how they can allow this person to represent their company like that? He basically told me corporate won’t do anything since the owner (that tried to assault me) had final say.

This man is a fraud trying to charge people for services they don’t need and lied about damage to my car and corporate sat behind him. This is unacceptable and absolutely appalling. I will NEVER take my car to another Meineke and make sure that my network of people do the same. This company stood behind a man who charged me for something that was advertised as free, damaged my car and denied it and resolution for the damages and allow him to continue running the franchise after he attempted to assault me for confronting him about the damage he did to my car. This company basically condoned the theft and the violence. This is an outrage.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I went to the MEINEKE IN PEACHTREE CITY, GEORGIA on two different days. I had made an appointment online and picked the 11:30 a.m. slot & in the notes, I had stated that I needed my alternator changed. I had been seen on Aug 18th with an appointment for my air conditioner needed Freon and I informed her that my engine light had came on. The store shop owner name PAM said she would have the mechanic check it, and informed me that it was my transmission. When I got my vehicle back I went home, then I had to go to the store, and while driving my battery light comes on and touching on the 9 which is very low. I take it to another shop and they put it on the diagnostic machine and tells me that my alternator is bad and that was the reason for my engine light being on and that there wasn't anything wrong with my transmission.

I arrived to Meineke on time and when I stated to the Shop Mgr PAM that I had an 11:30 a.m. appointment and the reason for my appointment, she stated to me that she wasn't for sure if she could do it because the system generated 30 mins for an alternator change and it normally would take 1hr. I then stated to her that I have an appointment and I stated in the notes alternator change so It's not my fault that the system generated 30 mins. She accused me of picking 30 mins and I had told her that there was no way for me to pick how long a job would take. I then tried to show her how I did it and she told me that she didn't want to see it because she didn't know anything about how the website appointment worked. I told her that I can show her and she said that she didn't care and didn't want me to show her.

I then begin to tell her that I had called another Meineke location and asked them how long would it take to swipe out my alternator and they told me 30 mins. I informed her of that conversation and she said she didn't care because it's her store and she was charging me for an hour. I asked her did she know the number to the corporate office, and she stated to me that Corporate doesn't pay my bills here nor do they tell me what to do with my shop. So I just said alright then, because I wasn't about to get into an arguing match with her. Then she says to me, I really don't accept parts bought in, and I told her since when does Meineke or any shop not let you bring in parts that you purchase from a store and not put them on a person's vehicle.

I informed her that being military and constantly moving around, I have always done business in every state with Meineke and never not once did they tell me I couldn't purchase my parts myself. I was charged labor in each of those states to put on my parts, but never refused service all because I purchased the parts myself, which saved me a little money, and Meineke still got paid for labor. And I understood if I didn't purchase Meineke parts then my parts weren't warranty with Meineke. I understood that. When I informed her of all this, she said she didn't care once again and that it was her shop not corporate shop. And that she can refuse whatever she wanted. Now even if she is a franchise store, she still holds the name Meineke and should live up to Meineke expectations & customer service. I wasn't happy at all, and I felt cheated out of my hard earned money.

They pulled my vehicle in and I started my time and watched to make sure that once my vehicle was in, that they wouldn't try to walk away from it and ride the 1hr time out. My vehicle is a 2000 Chevy Blazer, and I myself had changed my alternator in my driveway by myself well within 30 mins, because everything is on top and so easy to get to. I couldn't do it this time due to having major surgery 2 weeks ago and can't do anything for 6 months. That's why I chose for Meineke to do it for me because they always treated me good in the past. So as I watched she stated to me that I didn't have to watch and I told her that I wanted to. So once they got the alternator on and charged my battery which was a brand new battery only 2 weeks old. They pulled it out and it took them 31 mins total.

When I informed her of how long it took, she stated to me once again that she didn't care and overcharged me by having to pay for an hr. I ask her did they have a 30 min charge and she said yes, but again I'm charging you the 1hr that I stated to you before beginning the work. She also upset another customer who was very unhappy with the work on her vehicle and wanted to talk to the mechanic who worked on her vehicle, and she stated to that customer that she wasn't allowed to talk to the mechanic and couldn't. Now I have never in my life heard of a shop manager refusing to allow the customer to talk to the mechanics, especially if the mechanic was the one who worked on that vehicle. She was very nasty and unprofessional and representing Meineke name on her shop.

I also take my hard earned money and trust Meineke to treat me well and with respect. I'm to the point, I don't want to do business with Meineke anymore because the only one closest to me is in Peachtree City which is her shop. She's giving Meineke a bad name and bad reputation. I hope this can get resolved and not swept under rug. I hope there will be consequences for her actions, and hold her accountable. I know I won't be getting my money back, what a shame.

I still have more work on my vehicle that I need done, but I think I'll give that business to someone else who knows how to treat, speak and talk to their customers. You might want to think twice before having your vehicle service at Meineke in Peachtree City, GA because PAM the Owner don't know how to treat, or talk to her customers, and she cheats you out of your hard earned money. I now drive a hour away to the next city to have my vehicle service, or have my vehicles towed a hour away to be service. This site does not care about their customers, nor how they demonstrate integrity regarding their work. The staff here in Peachtree City, GA has no interpersonal skills whatsoever. I would not refer or suggest anyone to bring their car to this shop for any kind of repairs.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Nette from Killeen Tx, went to have my serpentine belt replaced. Mind you have had my car for 8 yrs and have never had any problems with it so 2 days after having the belt replaced I'm at the gas station and my A/C stops blowing cold, car starts smoking and I lift up the hood and my power steering fluid is spraying everywhere. It's now at the shop with a broken Power steering hose due to the serpentine belt tensioner not being adjusted when the new belt was put on. Could of blew my whole engine. **. $513.00 So far. Hopefully that's it!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I am a truck mechanic but I had medical problems and needed a oil change, my daughter took my jeep to shop for an oil change only. By the time she was able to leave the oil change became an estimated $500.00 repair bill before she was able to get the jeep out of there. They wrote all these oil leaks down that HAD TO BE REPAIRED it was unsafe to drive, when she came home I jumped under it to look at these oil leaks, they said it needed an rear axle outer seal, there was oil on there on the outside and on the tire. I pulled it apart and found no oil inside or on the brakes. Also the motor oil pan drain bolt was leaking and was sealed up with silicone but was still leaking. Only thing wrong was it was left loose and sealed like that. By the way there were no oil drops on the driveway and it always parked in the same place.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

They charged me $759 for an oil change and to replace the rear brakes. Made me give a $100 deposit to order the brakes. Was initially quoted $149, which became $349, ended up being $759. Owner unavailable.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

My husband and I came to Meineke on June 29 2018 for my rear brake pads to be replaced. We arrived there approximately 11:15 am. Sadly to say we sat there for about 3.5 hrs for a brake job that should have only taken an hour. The brake job took 3.5 hrs because the assigned mechanic put the truck up on the lift and removed the wheels and left my truck up in the air and went to lunch before doing any work. Time went by. After two hrs of waiting we inquired about the truck. It was after 1pm. Once we brought the time frame to the manager's attention about how long we have been waiting he then took over and did the work himself. That took another hour and a half. We finally left Meineke at 4pm.

On top of that no one could find my lug cap. The mechanic was fired. The manager claimed that he was going to order me a lug cap. We continued to follow up regarding as to when my cap would be in. All we keep getting was the run around and put off. The manager continued to tell us it will be here in a week. Now it's three weeks later and we followed up with the shop manager again and that manager no longer works there. And of course no cap was ever ordered. We explained to the new manager who is there today and he wants to dim down the situation about the fact that when my truck arrived to Meineke my truck was whole with all lug caps. When my truck was worked on at Meineke we the customer was treated disrespectful by having us sit in the waiting area for 3+hrs for an hour brake job. On top of that the original mechanic took my lug cap and no one at the shop can find it.

To add to more insult we was lied to by the previous manager telling us that Meineke had ordered the lug cap to be replaced to bring my truck back whole. Only to be told by the new manager Tony on (July 17, 2018) that I can get a lug cap at the junk yard for $5.00. I informed the new manager that Meineke can and will get the lug cap being that it was Meineke who took off the lug cap and lost it. What an insult to me as a customer and befiling of my vehicle that was whole when I brought my vehicle in for brake repair.

This site does not care about their customers, nor how they demonstrate integrity regarding their work. The staff here has no interpersonal skills whatsoever. I would not refer or suggest anyone to bring their car to this shop for any kind of repairs. I want my lug cap replaced ASAP. I feel I have been patient enough in dealing with the run around, poor work and awful customer service and treated like I don't value my vehicle and damage my vehicle. We were contacted by Meineke customer service - ** whom states they want another opportunity to make this situation right.

Well I posted this back in July. The issue occurred June 29th. It is now August and I have not received any action from the customer service or Corp as promised. This is why these managers can be as vile and nasty to you as the customer because they know Corp will not do anything to help you as the paying customer. My issue has been escalated and reported to BBB and Consumer Financial Protection Agency. Ladies and gentlemen, beware and very cautious of taking your car to Mieneke Car Care in Snellville. For this business is not in the business of providing good customer relationships. They definitely will not be held accountable if their managers of these shops or their staff mess up your car, or take a part from your vehicle like they did mine.

You will not be compensated for it. Their corporate office is no better. They don't care about getting the consumer a resolution for their managers and employee's mess ups. Nor for their nasty unethical behaviors demonstrated. You just will be total out of luck. Take note as to why this shop continues to have a high turnover with maintaining managers and mechanics. Do yourself a favor and find another auto car shop that will work with integrity and stand true to their customer service ethics and the way they do business.

Meineke expert review by Lauren Fix

Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Houston and is now a part of Driven Brands, which is headquartered in North Carolina. They have more than 900 locations around the world. Meineke Car Care Centers performs tire service, preventative maintenance and some repair services.

• Roadside assistance: Customers who get a synthetic blend, high mileage or full synthetic oil change package receive four months of free 24-hour road assistance. It includes lockout assistances, hit and run protection, rental car discounts, concierge benefits and more. Members of Meineke’s free rewards program also receive free towing for up to 15 miles.

• Online resources: Meineke’s blog has informational articles, expert advice, maintenance tips and industry news. It is useful for most automobile owners. The chain’s website also has an auto repair and car parts dictionary, which includes basic definition of terms customers might see or hear when having their vehicle serviced or repaired.

• Social media: Meineke is active on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Consumers can follow the brand to get maintenance tips and see special offers.

• Online scheduling: Customers ready to schedule a service appointment can do so online. The website will show them coupons associated with the service they are requesting. Same day appointments may be available.

• Best for: Meineke offers services to help most consumers with basic car maintenance and repair.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Meineke Company Information