1.15/5
Based on 32 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

333 Meineke Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 12, 2018

We took our car to Meineke #2128, 2630 E Bell Rd Suite 1, Phoenix, AZ 85032 on Sat 5/5/2018 to get an A/C inspection done. We explained to ** and ** that the air blew hot when the car was still or parked. ** told us it would cost $65 for the inspection. ** then took us outside and let us have a look inside the hood of the car. The car was hooked up to a machine that diagnosed that both of the fans on the front side of the car were not working. They both were broken and needed repair. ** warned us that if they (both fans) were not replaced, this can cause great damage to the A/C unit and to the engine itself since the car would overheat. ** had me and my husband look at both fans and verify that they both were not moving and that they need to be replaced. We agreed to leave the car with them and have them do further testing.

** called me and let me know that indeed it was the fan motors and they needed to be replaced. ** quoted me the total balance for labor and work to be $373.44. I agreed to this over the phone since it was assumed that this would fix the issue with our A/C and not cause further problems like ** had warned us. We paid for the work with both ** and ** there behind the desk. We asked ** that how long would the fans last and if this work was guaranteed. He jokingly told ** to charge us an extra $100 for the guarantee. ** told us that the fans (2) would last about 5-20 years!

The following day, Sunday 5/6/2018 the car started to blow warm air as I was at a red light. The situation just progressed from there. It continued to blow warm air as we were parked. My husband took the car back on 5/10/2018. ** called me and let me know that unfortunately the fan that they did not replaced had just broken and needs repair. I told ** that we had paid to have both fans replaced. He said no that he told us they were replacing just 1 fan and we only paid for 1. ** hung up the phone on me. He said we could pay for the work or not. It is our problem not his.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Meinke in Gulfport MS - I took my used car to get the air conditioning looked at, that was my first mistake. Although it advertises that the a/c check is free... it is not. Ultimately I had took the car in for a compressor and dryer to be replaced. I knew it would be a costly repair but, for $1227.02, I thought that it would be repaired for longer than 2 days!!! Especially since John ** (manager) was gracious enough to rent me a car, while the repairs were being done. Mr. ** stated something like, "I don't know why it's not blowing cool, I might have to take it to the dealership to see what's going on."

Apparently he was able to fix it long enough to take my money and get me out of the door. Long story short, do not take your car to this, or any Meineke! I took my vehicle to get my air conditioning repaired and now it is not blowing any air at all, and the engine light is on! So far, all that Mr. ** has been able to offer is a; "I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with your car".

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I own a 2010 Ford Escape and the muffler developed a hole, I stopped in a Meineke Service Center in West New York, NJ on Kennedy Blvd and 65th street. I was told it would cost $563.00 to replace the muffler and so I went ahead with the repair. The first muffler was defective and the owner had it replaced. The second muffler was making a humming noise that makes it unbearable on long trips. After visiting the location a few times, the owner told me he couldn't do anything else for me, but if I wanted I could purchase the original muffler from the dealership ($565.00) and he would pay for half and install it for free, which meant I would end up paying over $700.00 for a $600.00 dollar muffler.

So I contacted Meineke customer service and was told I would get a call back in 72 hours, which turned to be 3 months. I was told that the solution the site owner had given me was an acceptable practice since I didn't choose the OEM option (which I wasn't offered originally). Then I was told that the warranty period was over and that there was nothing else they could do. So I'm left with a bad muffler and $563.00 dollars in the red. Please do not go to any Meineke locations for service, they are not serious about their business, they are only there to steal money from customers that in good faith want to give them business. Needless to say I'm going to end up taking these people to small claims court because the parent company does not stand behind the customer, but approves of the shady practices their franchisees employ to rob customers.

Original review: May 26, 2018

IF YOU VALUE THE APPEARANCE OF YOUR CAR, DO NOT TAKE IT HERE!!! SLOPPY AMATEUR TECHS!!! I have a nice vintage Integra Special Edition I am trying to restore. I took it here for a fluids systems clean and change. (Brake, clutch, power steering and coolant.) It's a good deal for the services and the last time I was here for an oil change a year ago, they found everything I already knew was wrong with the car and quoted prices to fix. Ok, they seemed to know what they were doing so I bring it in to change the fluids. Different crew this time, different techs and service writer. I figured normal turnover for a small shop like this and went ahead with the work. I go to pick it up, the fluids look great, very clear, but they somehow sprayed brake fluid or something on the windshield wiper cowling (black TPO plastic) permanently spotting it. I bring this to their attention and they try to deny it!

I had repainted the wiper arms 3 weeks prior and was so impressed at how new they looked I took a few pics. I show the pics to the service writer explaining they HAD to have done this. He begrudgingly agrees they did it, and wants an opportunity to try and fix it. I don't know why I agreed to this, but I bring it in the next day. They take less than an hour to completely destroy the wiper cowling. They sanded it with some kind of very abrasive pad or paper permanently scratching the edge of the windshield in the process. Then they spray some kind of solvent or de-greaser directly on the cowling, which turns it a powdery milky white and eats the paint off of the wiper arms I just restored 3 weeks prior!! They offer to replace the part, but new parts are not available so only a used part in about the same condition as mine was before they destroyed it. Ok, that's fair, I'll take the part but the shop is NOT TOUCHING THE CAR EVER AGAIN!!

If this was a newer car or the parts they damaged had no prior damage I'd be taking them to small claims court. The fluids are clear, but the damage they caused EACH TIME THEY TOUCHED THE CAR, is inexcusable. Paying $350.00 to have a shop damage the car, then the shop pays $25 for a replacement part which I no longer trust them to install. So I restored the used part and re-installed it myself. It feels like I got cheated and they got off easy. I really think they should pay ME for the hours labor I saved them by me installing the part myself. Their shop rate is $120.00 an hour. I would accept a $120.00 refund on the services they rendered damaging my car in the process, and consider the matter resolved. WARNING!!! Do not take your car here unless you don't care what the car looks like. These are very sloppy, very amateur technicians.

Original review: May 24, 2018

On 5/21/18 at 1pm I went to the Meineke Santa Rosa Ca. Store #933 to have my oil changed. Writer ** came to me during the service & said Tec ** said I needed a new air filter & proceeded to show me a filthy air filter. Told him that was impossible cause I just had it changed in March of 2018 plus the one he showed me was not the filter for my car! I refused his offer. Then he returned shortly saying I needed tires & hoses. Again had hoses changed in Oct of 2017 & my tires aren't brand new but they have plenty of tread left. I felt he was trying to play me since I'm a senior & didn't know anything about my car. After leaving I checked my air filter & it still looked brand new. Also checked tires, hoses & belts & I would say they were in excellent condition. I strongly recommend to not use this Auto Center. Go somewhere else!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: May 24, 2018

Recently I called and made an appointment with Meineke on Shelbyville Rd. in Middletown KY for an oil change. When I arrived for my appointment I could barely get into the parking lot for all the cars parked for service so after temporarily parking in front of the bays, I entered the waiting area which was filled with customers. I asked the guy at the desk how far behind they were and he told me, "About a half an hour?" I suggested that I return in a half hour if that would be better and he agreed. When I returned to a line of new people, another guy was behind the desk so I explained that I had an appointment but his co-worker had informed me that they were running a half hour behind and I was returning for my oil change. I then asked how long he thought it would be since I had noticed a couple of people in line in front of me were there for various reasons without appointments and the lot was still full of cars to be serviced.

All the sudden I hear the original guy's loud talking from the back room telling me that making an appointment doesn't mean that you will be helped at that time, it just means that you will be in front of the line of any customers that haven't made an appointment... that it would be the same thing as if I was in a doctor's office waiting room! With all those people in the waiting area, and the cars parked outside, I guess he was letting me know that my appointment really didn't matter. An oil change isn't worth waiting all day for... I can go onto the next place if that's the case but they need to advise their customers of that before giving them an 'appointment' time. This is my last trip to Meineke for anything and a warning for others.

Original review: May 6, 2018

For the second time my maintenance light comes on way before oil change is so I spoke to the Meineke location on Hunting Park. Before my mileage number is at 68,628 approx. The sign in my window says 70,200 approx. Today is May 5. The sticker says May 18. My maintenance light blink at me tonight while out. I am home. Have to get up on a Sunday to get my oil changed again. There are others issues. This is my main concern. Neither car will be returning to this location, change mechanics. Too much.

Original review: May 2, 2018

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AND READ ON UNTIL YOU GET FURTHER INTO THIS POST... Six months ago, I had contacted Consumer Protection (Attorney General) regarding an unsafe car that I had purchased from Plaistow Auto Group in NH. They were then obligated to fix the car, and they did have some repairs done (some by themselves, and some by Plaistow Meineke). However, the EVAP system wasn’t working properly and still read error codes. The car was to PASS INSPECTION LEGALLY.

For SIX MONTHS, Plaistow Auto had yanked me around and said they had "fixed" the EVAP system (THREE times!), only for me to drive it home each time and it would go on again once I hit the highway. (I know darn well that they were just turning off the engine light with their code reader!) Consumer Protection then notified us that it had been 6 months already, and they had to close the case at the 6 month deadline. (Can you believe that they took the car 3 times and had it for SIX months, and it STILL wasn’t fixed completely???) They told me to pursue it further with another agency if it wasn't fixed by then. Once Plaistow Auto was notified of this 6 month deadline, they stalled until the VERY LAST DAY (they had the car) and then refused to FINISH FIXING the EVAP system. (Now when I have to get it inspected again in September, it will fail!)

NOW HERE'S WHERE MEINEKE COMES IN: All during these 6 months, Meineke had said that their EVAP "smoking" tester had been "down"...how convenient! Their "buddies" at Plaistow Meineke, by the way, do "favors" for them such as: allowing them to get their own parts, paying with cash so it would not be in the system...therefore no paperwork (I requested some, but they said “we don’t have any because they “deal with cash when it involves Chris (at Plaistow Auto)” (they even “lost” my estimate from National Tire and Battery with everything wrong with the car), and saying their EVAP tester was "down" for 6 months...yet they gave me a sticker anyway without testing it??

I even showed them the code P0455 on my code reader before I even left the parking lot, but the manager Ben said I would have to take it up with Plaistow Auto because they were “working for them”. What? They were the ones who gave me the illegal sticker!! If a car does not have the engine light out, it is NOT supposed to pass!! I asked if I could finish this by allowing me to get the EVAP system tested at Seabrook, NH Meineke (where I live), and then have either Seabrook or Plaistow Meineke do the repairs at their (or Plaistow Auto’s) expense. BUT NOOO!!!

No responses from any of my emails to Meineke Customer Service, and there are no Corporate Offices to write to. If ANYONE in here knows of an email address to the corporate offices, please let me know. And if any Meineke representatives read this post, PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS CAR LEGALLY!! Right now, I consider it illegal, even though they put an inspection sticker on it. It shouldn't have passed!! I know, I know...what is she complaining about if she got a sticker?? It could cost me $1000 to fix it myself in September, and it was their responsibility, as state by the Consumer Protection, Office of the Attorney General, to make the car safe and legally inspected!!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I took my family van to get brakes checked out and was informed that I would need all 4 rotors resurfaced and pads replaced. I was fine with that then two weeks later I’m back to have the same thing done because it was not done the first time. I was told by the mechanic that the brakes were making noise 'cause they were badly warped and rusted. After two weeks? Someone didn’t do their job.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I received a flyer in the mail for an oil change, and called the number to schedule the appointment. The address of the shop (as provided in the flyer) was almost a half hour drive from my house. On the scheduled date and time, I drove to the shop only to FIND IT PERMANENTLY CLOSED. I called the number again and was informed by a very uninterested representative that they were "sorry", but it wasn't "their fault" that the franchisee had closed its doors "without informing them". SERIOUSLY?!? It doesn't surprise that Meineke's reputation is at ground level! (which I unfortunately only found out when I decided to post this review). A franchiser that has such poor communication with its franchisees that doesn't even know when they close, and keeps scheduling appointments for unsuspecting customers!!! SUCH A WASTE OF MY TIME. Never going to a Meineke again.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Great customer service. Gary is honest and efficient when diagnosing and fixing our vehicles. We have bad experiences with other mechanics. And it is convenient to have Charlestown Rd. Meineke around the corner from us.

Resolution response: March 31, 2018

This issue was resolved with the owner of the location. He handled it professionally and I am satisfied with the resolution.

Original review: March 5, 2018

If I could, I would give the review 0 stars. I went for a standard oil change and they filled my car with the incorrect type of oil, too much oil, and the wrong oil filter. These mistakes caused huge problems with my car and I had to pay almost $500 to have the mistakes corrected. When I told the owner the mistakes that his employees made, he said "What do you want me to do?" Save your money and time and go somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We have spent thousands of dollars on repairs through this shop. Over the course of several repairs, one of which involved replacing the timing belt and tensioner. On multiple repairs we had to take my car back to fix a botched job. When we got fed up and took our car to another shop we were told the timing belt and tensioner would have to be repaired as the timing belt is loose, the sticker indicating the replacement of the timing belt didn't even match the belt that was put in the car and the tensioner needed adjusted.

The total repair, for a job supposedly done at Meineke Store #455 at 6650 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO, would cost another $1200 - $1300 dollars. When I called Meineke about it I was told the sticker didn't have to match the belt and that if I wanted to bring the car back in they would look at it but there shouldn't be anything wrong. When I told them I wasn't comfortable bringing it to them again after so many botched jobs he had no recollection or record of such events and said the one time they did re-repair it was as a favor to us because we had spent so much money through them.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Overpriced bait-and-switch - They do not honor the Meineke coupons. And that do not have any technicians that are ** and played. They advertise us on the building. The management slash owner is more worried about bottomline than the customer retention or the livelihood mechanic.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I had an appointment with Meineke auto on Jan 8 2017 for an oil change. I had received 2 emails advertising 2 different offers via email, the 1st offered an oil change for $9.99 and the 2nd offered a buy one, get one free. I asked the guy at the desk about both, he told me the 2nd one was over, and the 1st one never happened. I asked him if someone could look at my gas cap lid because it wouldn't open, he told me that it would cost me $135.00 for it to be looked at, he was arrogant and argumentative, defensive, and accused me of lying.

I went next door to Kevin's automotive and got my work done there. Kevin was courteous and informative, I received the oil change and he checked my gas cap lid, he told me all it needed was a little oil, and I wasn't charged. This is one of the worst experiences I've ever had with any auto repair company. I do not have a receipt because no work was done, but it was the Meineke at Iliff & Quebec in Denver Co., and the assistant manager was awful!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Took my Mazda pickup in. Was running rough. Dakota the first of five managers I've dealt with said I need to replace ECM. Said computer said it was bad. Gave OK. Picked up truck. Drove home about a mile from Outer Loop location in Louisville Ky. The truck ran worse than before. Took back and left. Mgr. told me he would get on in the morning. Three days later said to drive a couple days. Now truck was running even worse BACKFIRING etc. Took back to find they had replaced ECM with wrong one. Said they replaced with correct one. Said needed injectors cleaned. Then new plugs and wires. New alternator. Took back. Still backfiring. STILL HAD WRONG ECM. Said they would locate the correct one. OhThey returned mine for core charge? This has been going on for over a year. I even took them 3 ECMs for them to try.

Changed Mgr. again. Left for three weeks. Nothing done. Said they had been booked up. Why was I put to the back? No answer. They lost my keys. Had to take another. Now if not too late reporting to BBB. Consumer reports talking to an atty. Truck has given up setting in driveway. Have spent $2000.00 PLUS with Meinekie. If I get no help will paint yellow and find parking spot to show to different people. ALSO they replaced brakes made noise. Told me it would stop after a while. Never did.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

It’s the worse place ever... I bring my car here the first time for to do the balance, replace the headlights and breaks. They only finish the break. Second day, they change the lights, and they “said” the balance was good, but wasn’t! Now my car has some noise and they’re saying it's not their problem. I’m been here three days and they didn’t fixed my car.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Please don't waste your time and go here. I went in because my car was not powering and was told it needed new spark plugs. He told me whoever did it last put the wrong ones in which a recent mechanic inspected this work and said the spark plugs are still incorrect. They did that along with a new oxygen sensor, which late I was told shouldn't be replaced unless the wire is bad... But the tech didn't show me anything. And also fuel injection cleaning and service. All of which didn't fix ANYTHING. A week later came back because my car felt like it was gonna stall (which it did after leaving). When I took it into Meineke for him to look over he had my WHOLE car dissembled and I was there for 3 hrs and he still didn't know what it was. In fact told me a new problem was the issue and I need to pay 800 more on top of the 1300 I already blew.

So I had a family friend inspect all of this and told me that "nothing they did fixed my problem and the work should have only been recommendations". Meineke just be digging for reasons to charge you. As I sat in the lobby at Meineke, I listened to other folks coming in for basic stuff and they kept telling EVERYONE they needed new rotors or some sort of brake issue, even if all you wanted was an oil change. A simple oil change for every customer was not simple. They had to find 'something'. EVERYONE that came they told them 800-1000$ more than what they came to get done. The price gouge and lie to everyone. I sat quietly by the window, listened, and shook my head. It was in that moment, I wished I never went there. So now I got a diagnostic reader, which I high recommend. Found out it's the mass air flow sensor that needs replaced. A repair that costs $105 - 270 in price. Not 1300$ and still not fixed.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

"Basic oil change (sorry, out of your oil), synthetic blend (also out of that oil weight) but I will give you a discount on the $70 full synthetic change". Not even going to try again. They were ok in the earlier years, but now it's all about money.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I called Meineke and asked if they do wheel alignments on Mini automobiles and they replied, “Yes, in fact we do all cars.” Upon bringing my vehicle to them I noticed a leak from my clutch slave cylinder and asked them to repair that and recharge the AC system. Upon pick up the auto, I was told Meineke was unable to perform an alignment as they lacked special Mini tools. They said they only adjusted toe settings and only charged for half the alignment price. The vehicle did NOT blow cold and AC was not working nor did the car shift. They said of the 475 I was billed, they could not get the AC to blow cold and the shifting issue was likely air in the system. I was unable to drive my car off their lot. The linkage seemed impacted when their mechanic jammed on a shift knob I asked them to leave off. Instead he smashed it on unkeyed and this caused my shift linkage to be awry.

Incidentally with AC not operative upon pickup my power window on driver side was suddenly inoperative. I received no resolution other than bring it back for AC and drive car to get air bled out of clutch cylinder. We are not a Mini dealer they said. I told them that my car pulls so what kind of alignment did you perform??? I paid 475 dollars and the car is same or worse than when I brought it in! I cannot get it to shift gears now that you worked on it. I only got half an alignment and my AC does not work. This is the first and last time I ever trust and go to Meineke.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I went in for an oil change and was told by the manager they were having a hard time getting the skid plate off of my VW Beetle because the bolts holding it in place were rusted. I asked if they could get it off and even told them they could cut the bolts and put the skid plate in the back seat until I got new bolts for it - they said no problem. I left thinking they had put the skid plate back on because it wasn't in my car.

On the way home, my driver side window started giving me trouble, so the next morning I took the car to my mechanic. I left the car with them since the parts I needed had to be ordered. I asked if they could order new bolts for the skid plate since the ones on it were rusted. My mechanic called me back and asked if I wanted an oil change while the skid plate was off. I said no and told him I didn't need one because I'd had one the day before I brought it to him. He said that was not possible because there was no way anyone could have taken that skid plate off - they had needed an air hammer to get the last few screws out (FYI - I recently bought it and it had previously lived in Pennsylvania).

I asked him to check and be sure before I called Meineke (Myrtle Beach, George Bishop Parkway) upset. He called me back and stated that there was fresh oil, but the filter was black. He saved it for me and it was filthy! Meineke never changed the filter and the worst part was that I got the synthetic oil change and would have driven around with a filthy oil filter for 10,000 miles!!!

I called the manager James and told him what happened - he said he would call me back. When he did he said he looked at the video and it shows the tech removing the skid plate so I went in to look at it myself. All the tech did was undo the plastic plate around the skid plate and move it aside to let the oil out. You could even see it wiggle because he left it hanging in the air while. The steel skid plate would have had to be taken off completely because of its size and weight and it surely wouldn't have wiggled in the air - plus the video never showed the tech changing the oil filter!!! James said he would have the owner, Jim, call me. He never did. I was not offered a refund or anything! I spent over $200 dollars there that day only to be lied to, left with a huge bill and almost another 10,000 miles on a filthy oil filter!!! NEVER, NEVER GO THERE!!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I took my car in for an oil change and agreed to have a couple of other services performed. When I came there my ac worked fine on level 1 but when I left I noticed they had it on the maximum level and the windows down. Apparently the next day I was driving it I noticed that the ac was only blowing on the max speed of 5. I took it back to them to look at it and they said the blower resistor was bad. It was not bad when I brought it in. They claim it's a part and they go bad and their services were not anywhere near my blower resistor. But when you're checking fuses, messing with relays, and other electrical things how can you be sure that you did not fry the relay. But that day I left more disappointed. The mechanic messed with my alarm and it was no longer chirping when you arm and disarm it.

I didn't buy the alarm so I did not know how to begin to figure out what setting he changed. I know it only takes a minute or 2 for people that know cars to put an alarm in valet mode. So after I tried for days I went back up to Meineke and asked if he could change the setting back and the lying trash that checked my air said that is how the alarm works and he didn't change anything. That's a lie for sure, an alarm cannot put itself into valet mode and he was smirking and grinning just repeating about how the alarm worked and it doesn't chirp when you lock it. I now know that they truly do not want to help people and don't have you, your car, nor your pocket's interest in mind. It took me researching after leaving there for an hour to find out that the alarm was in valet mode and how to get it out. When he could have changed the setting back in 2 mins.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I contacted Meineke about recharging my ac system. I informed them. I had converted my system. From a r12, to r134 system. They stated the price would be 189.00. I agreed came in. The guy came to me. And stated: "I have to pull the compressor to drain." I have mechanical experience. Yet I asked: "How much." I was told 578.00. I agreed. Yet looking thru the window. The compressor wasn't taken out of the vehicle. I questioned this. And was told, "We didn't have to."

I said, "What justifies the same charge." I was told labor. Straight up hustle. And they knew. I knew. I paid. And left. I didn't want to pay bail. And for an attorney. The bill stated 7 hours. I was there 2 hours. And 1 hour they worked on the vehicle. Simply did a recharge refrigerant. And oil. Do yourself a favor. Find another business. This is not the same company of old. I contacted the main office. And provided my email address. My phone nos. The invoice. Told I would hear from them. Nothing. Invoice #**. Estimate ID.**

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Went to the Meineke in Old Saybrook, CT for brake work. 104 days later my steering locks up and my wheels are making terrible noises while I am driving. I had to frantically pull over. My vehicle was undrivable and had to be towed. The rotor froze because the bearings were installed improperly. I could have been killed. The ensuing weeks were a nightmarish web of lies and run-arounds. They refused to do anything about it because I was two weeks outside of the 90 day warranty, for labor and parts.

Corporate refused to intervene, saying I had to reach a resolution on my own with the shop I took it to. So guess how eager the guys there were willing to give me my money back? Not a chance. Meineke is a soulless anti-consumer corporation. I will never go there again and I will also spend the rest of my days convincing everyone I know never to go there. Stay away. You are not protected if something happens. Their warranty policies are only there to save themselves and to rip you off if something goes wrong.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I typically do not go so far as to write reviews but this situation lead me to warn everyone about my experience at the Meineke on Roswell Road in the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody Area. Simply put, they serviced my brakes about 7/8 months ago and now they are squeaking again. I went back today to have it checked out and they are telling me that it is just wear and tear and that the warranty does not cover that and that I need a 400+ brake job. I called my Chevy dealership and they said it would be $270 worse case. The girl at the desk was rude and very dismissive as if she did not care at all... so, long story short... DO NOT GO THERE... THEY SUCK!!! Never again.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Went there with the transmission lines that were leaking. I was told by the people Meineke they could not get the transmission lines for my vehicle so I then paid almost $700 to get what they said was going to be a new transmission lines which turned out to be my old transmission lines with the rubber tool shove through it. Needless to say they start leaking again. Left me stranded many miles away from home. I've tried calling the customer service many times and I've gotten nothing but "we're going to fill out another report, we're going to fill out another report" even though they're still under warranty. The shop won't even call me back or even remotely standby the work that they do. This is the shop at the top of Kent Des Moines Road in Kent on Pacific Highway South. The new manager said to me in his goodbye worst and me were "if it wasn't for me you would be driving it at all." Wonderful huh.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I went there with my car to have free AC check. Was told I only needed AC evac and recharge. No leaks found. One hour later all freon leaked out. Went back a 2nd time. The techs couldn't find any leaks. I left so I was told to come back a 3rd time and I was given another evac and recharge again. Told no leaks found. All leaked out in 2 hours so now I'm out 100.00 and still AC broke with not one employee can tell me what's wrong with my AC.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I went to Meineke on a referral from my boyfriend. I needed a transmission fluid flush, and I was about to go on vacation, so I asked for a road trip check where they check the battery, a/c, etc. I got it in right away and it took them about an hour. They gave me the check list sheet, and told me everything look great, but I would need to come back in a few days to check my fluid levels to make sure I wasn't leaking.

A few days later I'm back and they tell me again everything looks fine. Three days later a day before I'm about to drive 7 hours for my vacation my car won't start. I had to jump it multiple times that day just to go to work and leave work. I brought it in to them later that day and the mechanic proceeds to tell me that I need a new battery. Six days after they had just told me everything looked fine and my car had no issues I now all of the sudden need a new battery. I asked the man "how can my battery need changed when you just checked it six days ago and it was fine"? He tells me that the battery checker he used last time isn't very reliable, so he used a different battery checker this time, and it showed that I need a new battery. I asked him why in the world would he use that checker if he knew it wasn't reliable? He told me they are supposed to use anyway.

So basically this company is using faulty equipment knowingly, telling people their batteries are fine, and in reality they have no idea! Thank God I wasn't in a different state before this happened. They didn't even offer to put it in for free since they missed it the first time. I am extremely disgusted with this company and I feel they should be reprimanded for lying to people and using faulty equipment!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I book appointment for this place in Antiok Ca for 11:30 am on 07.06.2017. Arrived around 11:20 am, wait till 12:03 pm and went to ask when they will do service my car but was informed I need wait maybe one more hour before they start do something on my car. This people don't have respect to customer's time.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Management staff has changes three time in the past year. Every changes it got worse. Here are some of the occurrences: Last (new) manager could no locate our record on the computer system (his name is Mitchell). The manager before that only there for about two month (same thing happened). Today 06/27/17 once again, another manager, walked in around 8:00 a.m. - the first thing come out from him was "do you have an appointment?"

Meineke expert review by Lauren Fix

Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Houston and is now a part of Driven Brands, which is headquartered in North Carolina. They have more than 900 locations around the world. Meineke Car Care Centers performs tire service, preventative maintenance and some repair services.

• Roadside assistance: Customers who get a synthetic blend, high mileage or full synthetic oil change package receive four months of free 24-hour road assistance. It includes lockout assistances, hit and run protection, rental car discounts, concierge benefits and more. Members of Meineke’s free rewards program also receive free towing for up to 15 miles.

• Online resources: Meineke’s blog has informational articles, expert advice, maintenance tips and industry news. It is useful for most automobile owners. The chain’s website also has an auto repair and car parts dictionary, which includes basic definition of terms customers might see or hear when having their vehicle serviced or repaired.

• Social media: Meineke is active on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Consumers can follow the brand to get maintenance tips and see special offers.

• Online scheduling: Customers ready to schedule a service appointment can do so online. The website will show them coupons associated with the service they are requesting. Same day appointments may be available.

• Best for: Meineke offers services to help most consumers with basic car maintenance and repair.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Meineke Company Information