Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.47/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

376 Meineke Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I want take a minute and acknowledge a manager at the Firetower location in Greenville, North Carolina. James went above and beyond the scope of his job to help me out with my 1985 BMW 318i. He researched a spindle that was extremely difficult to locate. After I bought two sets of coilovers that didn’t fit. He then purchased them for me on his dime. I’m extremely humbled by his kindness and dedication to his mission of getting the job done. This proved to me that James is stand up guy who has honor and integrity and is willing to step up for his fellow man. I’m retired military, BRAVO ZULU James for a job well done. HMC (SWCC/AW/SWF) ** W

Original review: March 28, 2019

They are awesome of what they do. First time being there was excellent. Oil change was in time. Matter he said less than an hour and it was. I recommend to get you oil change done here. Very friendly atmosphere.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My husband and I always use Meineke for our oil changes. The location at 3332 N Oracle Rd in Tucson does a fabulous job of providing quality auto service at a reasonable price. We are always taking care of promptly with the best service possible.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Last week I had a tune up a fuel injection cleaning, my great experience that time prompted me to come back this week and have a 3.5 lift kit and a complete dual exhaust system installed, the manager Jim took very good care of me, and exceeded my expectations, my 2008 Chevy Suburban not only looks great, but sounds and runs like a charm. These quality experiences and attention to detail by Jim and his staff is prompting me to come next week for new tires and rims. My overall experience thus far has left with a feeling of deep appreciation, and I will refer all of my friends and family to this particular Meineke store (Store #2267).

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I visited Meineke this morning 10/11/2018 at West 38th Street Indianapolis, IN location for oil change. From beginning to end the service was absolutely excellent, especially the front desk staff and mechanic Mr. Anthony **. Five stars ⭐️ much appreciated!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I called about the full synthetic oil change 44.95 plus 1 extra quart 10.00 so I drove to Lakewood. When I got there it turned into 5 extra quart a special oil filter. I've gotten oil changes before and never used 10 quarts nor was a special filter required. All a money grab from a woman. I see bad business.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I took my car to the location in 130 Rahway Ave, because is showing a leak related to the vacuum hose, the employee told me the service would take 2 hours maximum. I went to the shop 4 hours later and I didn't find my car there. Surprisingly one of the techs arrived and pulled a tire from my trunk. The car was being used to transport things to other repair shops. The employee came out of the store a reset the car and charged my credit card. The car is again with the same problem.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Took my car to Meineke on Saturday, 6/29/19 for oil change. Had coupon from them for 50% discount on AC recharge. I had nice cool air but thought perhaps this would ensure I had cold air for the Las Vegas summer. I wound up getting brakes and tires also. I live 1/2 mile from location so did not use air on the way home. On Sunday, 6/30/19, I turned on the AC to have only hot air blow. I called the location this morning to report the issue. I was told it's a closed system, and the only thing that could have happened would have been a leak. Since I had cold air prior to their working on this "closed system", I should not have developed a leak from the time I took it to them and turning on the air about 24 hours later.

I am taking the car back in this afternoon. I have already advised the location this needs to be fully rectified without additional cost to me, and that I plan to dispute the charges with the credit card company if this is not handled. I am posting the review to alert others. If this is rectified to my satisfaction, I will retract the negative review.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Terrible shop, do not go inside. After checking me in, they took my vehicle off the property without permission (oil change/tire rotation), he ran over a metal sign on the way out, have a pic, then ripped one of two new windshield wipers in packages (I had just brought them to the door a few minutes earlier). They got upset when I asked to see the tire and acted like it was nothing to do this-- maniacs. After the vehicle was quickly raised, they decided to refuse service. The employee that drove it slammed the doors and said "I ran over six more signs just like it." I don't know them, they don't know me. Unbelievable. If you've had a similar experience let me know, I may have to sue. I don't want to be tied up -- no one does, but things have gotten worse and worse.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I set up an appointment for an oil change at 8:00 am on Friday at Meineke Temecula, CA. They supposed to open at 7:30 am. Well, me, another customer and some employees were waiting to open the doors... I stay there after 8:00 am (the other customer left some minutes before me), and I just went to another shop to get my car service. So bad they don’t have any respect for customers and employees...

Meineke expert review by Lauren Fix

Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Houston and is now a part of Driven Brands, which is headquartered in North Carolina. They have more than 900 locations around the world. Meineke Car Care Centers performs tire service, preventative maintenance and some repair services.

• Roadside assistance: Customers who get a synthetic blend, high mileage or full synthetic oil change package receive four months of free 24-hour road assistance. It includes lockout assistances, hit and run protection, rental car discounts, concierge benefits and more. Members of Meineke’s free rewards program also receive free towing for up to 15 miles.

• Online resources: Meineke’s blog has informational articles, expert advice, maintenance tips and industry news. It is useful for most automobile owners. The chain’s website also has an auto repair and car parts dictionary, which includes basic definition of terms customers might see or hear when having their vehicle serviced or repaired.

• Social media: Meineke is active on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Consumers can follow the brand to get maintenance tips and see special offers.

• Online scheduling: Customers ready to schedule a service appointment can do so online. The website will show them coupons associated with the service they are requesting. Same day appointments may be available.

• Best for: Meineke offers services to help most consumers with basic car maintenance and repair.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Meineke Company Information