Meineke

Stars Rating

• 10%
  • 90%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?
    Customer Service

Reviewed July 12, 2024

Meineke was supposed to fix my air conditioner. Something broke in my anti theft system and currently is still there trying to be repaired. Seems after 7 weeks of trying different things to fix it, it's not getting fixed! I wouldn't be so upset right now if I didn't have to in return pay for my own car rental which is over $1,600! I just want Meineke corporate to finally return my call after the 5th call today and agree to pay for my rental. I brought it there running perfect, now it's not running. I am NOT responsible for this bill. Meineke please call me and fix this. Ya know, my husband passed away 2 days before this unexpectedly. So I've had to deal with all of this Meineke stress while grieving for my husband. It's not right.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

7/1. Brought my 450 Benz gls in for acrylic breaks. $650. Asked for a receipt. Westley said he’d email it. Followed up the next day. No receipt. The third day followed up again. If you plan on selling a car and/or you keep meticulous receipts for an $85k car (go figure) you require detailed receipt for the type of breaks. Managers finally emails the receipt w no info on the breaks (and also says he emailed twice which I have no record of and I doubt he does either).. It just says breaks and break pads. After being ghosted I reached out to customer service with a very frustrated and direct email and they never even write back. They didn’t even bother to respond.

I’ve reached out to BBB and consumer protection. One begins to here at consumer protection. Why they are so against providing a detailed receipt after no less than four requests. What kind of breaks did I buy? I asked for ceramic and was quoted ceramic. Will update this until I get my GD detailed receipt. And taking it to another on Tuesday to tell me what breaks I bought. Meineke will be responding to the SEVERAL reviews I’m going to write and to the BBB and consumer protection for starters. If I told my client and I work for a bank, and that I bought something but failed to provide a detailed receipt, and after four requests, I’d be fired. Again will update. Unacceptable and they are going to be very unhappy with the multiple reviews and online complaints unless it’s remedied immediately. Mark my words. Dismal and dumb situation to be spending hours of my time on.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 23, 2024

I have a brother who is somewhat mentally challenged and drives a 1999 Toyota that has 192,558 miles. He paid $ 1,000 for the vehicle a little over 1 year ago. He was having an issue with the car "jerking" and drove to Meineke @ 7420 N Milwaukee Ave, Niles, Il 60714 On March 13th at which time he paid $ 679.81 to have various engine + transmission mounts replaced. Before he left he left he was asked by someone at the front desk to call his credit card company to find out how much credit line he had left on his card and he foolishly responded "Around $ 8,000". He was then advised that he should leave the vehicle there for further evaluation and he went home. He was then contacted with a long list of items that would make the vehicle "like new" and likely give him many more years of life on the road. Due most in part to his mental state he simply said go ahead with the work.

Several days later he went to pick up the car and was presented with a bill for an additional $ 5,876.74. He paid with his credit card and left. Unaware that all of this transpired, I saw him the next day and told him that he now had almost $ 8,000 wrapped up in a car that was still worth around $1,000. He responded with "I'm Sorry". I told him that I was also sorry for him since he had now drained most of his bank account. I now have complaints filed with the Illinois Attorney General's Office + Better Business Bureau. I am also looking into his protections under the disability rights act and possible consumer fraud claims. I tried to work this out with someone at management level, however after several attempts of calling the Manager at Meineke and being told that "there's nothing we can do". If an Attorney should read this and would be willing to take this case on, it would be greatly appreciated. **

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 10, 2024

I had two concerns: the transmission and the oil leak. Meineke partially addressed one concern-- the transmission. Meineke performed a diagnostic and presented me with 2 codes. I was told I would have to go to the dealer for the repair. The oil leak was not addressed. The diagnostic was supposed to be provided within one hour because I am a AAA member. It was not provided within that timeframe. The technician said that Meineke was not required to diagnose my car within an hour, just first come first come. Clearly, the technician did not know the AAA policy. According to AAA, I was also supposed to receive a multipoint inspection. I did not receive that either. Ultimately, I had to take my car to the dealer. I provided the dealer the codes I had received from Meineke. There were many more codes for the transmission than the ones Meineke provided. This trip to Meineke was definitely not worth the money nor the time and effort.

Reviewed April 13, 2024

If I could choose 0 stars I would. Unethical. Horrible service. The manager, is incapable and unethical. They did not have an oil filter in stock and it took 2 hours for just an oil change! Very bad service! I don’t recommend it!

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed April 11, 2024

If I could choose 0 stars I would. Unethical. Horrible service. Will, the manager, is incapable and unethical. Made repairs to my vehicle without discussion, consent or authorization. He then didn't even fix the problem and charged me $368 for a $ 20 part! Unlike reputable shops in the area he charges a ridiculous $170/hr for diagnostics and does not apply that to the repairs. He had my vehicle for over 24hrs and was struggling. As I was leaving he mentions it rides rough which is one of the things I reported to him in the first place. Then advised me it was ok to drive it, just to bring it back the next week to look at the transmission.

The next morning my check engine light was back on. I had to take it to the dealership for an actual qualified professional to service it. Come to find out I shouldn't have been driving it! When I called him on it he LIED and said he told me that and then hung up on me. They are unprofessional, unqualified and seriously over priced. Do yourself a favor and take it to someone worth it. Once the BBB complaint was filed, they have refused to respond to the requests by the BBB.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 5, 2024

My car had an oil leak and I had to have it towed by AAA. Triple A told me that they had a recommended auto repair shop (Meineke Car Care Center) that they could tow it to for repairs, and I agreed. Please Note: Meineke Car Care Center is NOT accredited with the Better Business Bureau, and they are a Foreign Limited Liability Company. I brought my car in mid-November 2023 and after a week, the Manager ("Matthew **") informed me that I would have to order the parts ($171) and they gave me the part numbers that I should order. I did and had them shipped to Meineke.

Another three weeks went by, and Matthew informed me that he gave me the incorrect part numbers. I asked him to send them back to BMW and he did, but that process took five weeks. By then, it was now January 2024. I was understanding because of the two major holidays and things move slower then; however, I found out on January 9th, 2024, that my parts had not been shipped back and he finally did so on January 10th, 2024. On January 16th, I found out that BMW would not accept one of the parts they sent back because it had been "used". Matthew claimed it was still new, but BMW insisted it wasn't. I decided to just accept the loss on that part at that point.

They sent me an estimate of $840 and said it required my electronic signature for them to proceed, and I signed it. By then we are well into late February 2024, and Matt called me and said that they could not fix my car and that I would not have to pay anything. The really sad thing is that there were only two hoses visible and accessible on the top side of the engine that had to be replaced. Even though I felt I had wasted 3 months with them, I said okay and asked when I could come and have my car towed to BMW. He said there is no problem leaving your car here as long as you need to.

When I called to inform them that I was coming to have my car towed and asked to speak to Matthew, I was told that he was no longer there and that my car had been towed away. The new Manager, Richard, was extremely rude. I told him everything that transpired and asked him to simply have my car towed back so I could take it to BMW. He refused and treated me badly, but I will leave that alone for a second. I went to the place where the vehicle was towed and told them what was going on. I asked for the key to see if the parts that I paid for were in the car. They (JR) told me they did not have the key, and that if the key was sent with the car, it would be unlocked with the key inside. They were also very nice and respectful and had specific procedures for what they do with a towed car.

I went back to Meineke and spoke to Richard. He held the phone to his ear and mouth the whole time I was there, and he appeared to be afraid. When he was talking, I asked if he was speaking to me or the person on the phone. He said he was talking to me and would not put the phone down after I asked him, and he started being rude. He said that I was trying to argue, and I said no, I am trying to get my key. He said that he gave the key to the tow truck driver, and I told him that I just came from up there and they do not have the key.

Richard again told me that the key was not there and that was it. He then told me to have a nice day. if you ever must deal with this Richard guy, please know that you have been warned! They have now left me with no alternative but to file a lawsuit against them while I simply wanted to get two oil hoses replaced so that I could give the car to my Son.

Profile pic of the author.
      Price

Reviewed March 2, 2024

I was told by other companies that I needed a new catalytic converter. Tyler at the Denver site on E. Iliff Ave said something altogether different. His diagnosis cost $600 instead of $3000. The light has never come back on. Thanks for going the extra steps. I highly recommend this Denver shop.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2024

I had my 2004 Jeep towed to Meineke in mid Jan 2024. I told them of the issues I had been having woth power steering as well as what I observed the initial day that it was towed. They said a diagnostic would cost $100.00. I asked if they used Snap FINANCES as my finances are challenged. They said yes and I was approved for 1,986.00. They told me after having the truck there for a few days that it had a coolant leak but the leak wasn't exiting the truck but was going somewhere. They are the mechanic. Then I received a notice that the engine diagnostic came back as (4Good). The report said the engine diagnostic was good! So I was very hopeful. They also said I needed a power steering pump, flush, brakes, rotors, calipers, and tire rods, and a new radiator. All of this was about $2,600!

I asked them about the yellow fluid under the gas cap, they said, "Oh we didn't check that." NOW I'M NO MECHANIC BUT I THOUGHT THAT WAS Very ODD. They said no yellow fluid was seen on the oil dipstick. It was after that that they said now I needed an engine flush. I was already over $2,000. Plus I had to pay any overages at this point. I told them I'd get the other stuff done - additional flush and tire rods -since the 'Engine' Report Diagnostic was good. If that initial engine report was bad I WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN ALL OF THAT WORK DONE. It would not have made sense. Repairs were made I assumed. I picked up the truck on Jan. 19, 2024 and all of the windows fogged up, and the defrost wasn't defogging that same evening!! So I took the truck back the Very next morning saying "Why are all windows fogging up even during the day!" They said -turn the defrost heater all the way up. That was it!

They didn't check anything else! That didn't work! I only drove for 2 days and the very same issues that happened when I first had it towed occurred again! The steering wheel started making sounds when turning, the brakes locked up, the truck loss power, and smoke started billowing from under the hood! I coasted to an area of grass off of a street about 5 miles from home and put it in park. I jumped out, I was so afraid, I called an Uber to take me home!! Then I called Meineke to tell them the Same thing happened to my truck! It was towed back to Meineke. I called the corporate office to complain! I called Snap FINANCES who put in a dispute. They couldn't believe these issues either. I talked to 2 local Mieneke Managers - Now Meineke says I have a Blown Head Gasket and the engine is DONE! and to come and get it. That truck was my only source of transportation!!

Meineke received their $2100.00 and said they aren't refunding me or Snap FINANCE. So SNAP FINANCE AND MYSELF HAVE NOTHING! It's a classic RIP OFF. I ASKED THEM WHAT ABOUT THE INITIAL 'GOOD ENGINE' REPORT? You all should ask them to explain that too. Now they are trying to place the blame elsewhere. Meanwhile I have no transportation! So - To any woman, senior citizen or anyone for that matter. DON'T GO TO MEINEKE! THEY JUST LITERALLY DON'T CARE WHAT THEY TELL YOU AS LONG AS THEY GET PAID. Those Meineke guys and Corporate Guys, CEO too Should be ashamed!

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

They're completely incompetent for diagnostic and repair work. I had a transmission fluid leak on my F-150 and took it to them. They told me it was a gasket. It leaked again and they said it was the harness. Immediately after this my truck started riding rough, grinding gears and losing power. I puller over on the highway and called and them. They did pay for my truck to be towed. I thought they were showing me due diligence. They said they had their master mechanic look at it.

After looking into my problem over several days, they called and told me it was the transmission that needed to be replaced. I wasn't happy about this but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. They replace the transmission. It drove okay for about a week but I noticed the shifting was a bit rough. Now it's been a couple weeks and it is doing the same thing it was doing prior to them replacing my transmission. I should have taken elsewhere. I hope others have a better experience but as for me, I will no longer being taking my vehicles to this shop or any Meineke for that matter.

Meineke author review by Lauren Fix

Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Houston and is now a part of Driven Brands, which is headquartered in North Carolina. They have more than 900 locations around the world. Meineke Car Care Centers performs tire service, preventative maintenance and some repair services.

• Roadside assistance: Customers who get a synthetic blend, high mileage or full synthetic oil change package receive four months of free 24-hour road assistance. It includes lockout assistances, hit and run protection, rental car discounts, concierge benefits and more. Members of Meineke’s free rewards program also receive free towing for up to 15 miles.

• Online resources: Meineke’s blog has informational articles, expert advice, maintenance tips and industry news. It is useful for most automobile owners. The chain’s website also has an auto repair and car parts dictionary, which includes basic definition of terms customers might see or hear when having their vehicle serviced or repaired.

• Social media: Meineke is active on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Consumers can follow the brand to get maintenance tips and see special offers.

• Online scheduling: Customers ready to schedule a service appointment can do so online. The website will show them coupons associated with the service they are requesting. Same day appointments may be available.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, The Car Coach®, is a nationally recognized automotive expert, sector analyst, journalist, author, keynote speaker and television host. A trusted car expert, Lauren provides an insider’s perspective on a wide range of automotive topics and aspects, energy, industry, consumer news and safety issues. Her analysis is honest and straightforward. Lauren is the CEO of Automotive Aspects and the Editor-in-Chief of Car Coach Reports, a global automotive news outlet. She is an automotive contributor to national and local television news shows including Fox News, Fox Business, CNN International, The Weather Channel, Inside Edition, Local Now News, NewsMax, The Daily Flash show and more.

Meineke Company Information