2.8/5 (854 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Meineke Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: May 25, 2022

I have never had such a terrible and deceitful experience as I have had with Meineke. Took my son's car to them because the AC wasn't working. They replaced the compressor for $1300 and explained there is a 12-month warranty on the part. Within 5 minutes of leaving the shop, it quit working again so I took it right back.

They had it for another day and a half and then tell me the condenser and expansion valve are bad and that the warranty for the compressor is void if those aren't replaced, for another $900.

Never mentioned to me that was a possibility. I picked up the car and took it to the dealership for a 2nd opinion because I felt scammed. The condenser and expansion valve are fine but the brand new compressor they put in, failed and Meineke won't honor their warranty because I didn't have those 2 parts replaced that were never mentioned as being bad during the diagnostics. I would not recommend those thieving liars to anyone.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I took my vehicle (2004 Lincoln Town Car) to Meineke on 1745 N. Olden Ave in Trenton on 4/20 for an oil change at 10:30 am. They performed the oil change and returned the vehicle with no recommendations for any additional service. The next day I took the car for an inspection and was informed that there was a temp plug in my oil tank. This was a surprise to me. So, I immediately went back to Meineke. If the temp plug was in the vehicle when I bought it in for service, the mechanic would have noticed it as soon as he had the car suspended. He would have informed me that there was a temp plug and that I would need a new oil tank, before doing any work on the car. This did not happen.

It appears that the mechanic stripped the screw and plugged the oil tank without my knowledge when performing the oil change. I spoke with the Manager, and he advised that there was nothing in the report, so there may have been a miscommunication. This just proves my theory, that the mechanic made an error and tried to cover it up by plugging it and not reporting it. Which is why it wasn’t in the report. Had things been handled properly on either scenario there should have been a conversation.

Scenario 1: The mechanic noticed a plug in the tank. The mechanic advises the customer of the plug and recommends a new oil tank prior to performing the oil change. If the customer declines; at least they are aware that the temp plug will be placed back in the tank and the tank would need to be replaced down the road. This would be in the report.

Scenario 2: The mechanic stripped the screw while performing the oil change. He inserts a temp plug and advises the customer. The mechanic should then add that to his report, so the Manager would be aware of the mistake, and they should decide to replace the customers oil pan at no charge to him. Neither one of these scenarios happened. They expect me to believe that the temp plug was on the vehicle when I bought it to them, and the mechanic just performed the oil change without mentioning the plug or including the observation of said plug in the report. The manager offered to give me a discount the next time I come in for service. This is unacceptable. I would never go back to this Meineke for any type of service and would not recommend that anyone else gets their vehicle serviced there. The only acceptable resolution is for them to own their mistake and replace my oil pan.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Brought in for wiring issue due to rodent damage. Was initially told there was damage to the engine wiring harness. The next day, was told, no it was damage to the wiring to the map sensor. None of my gauges were working in the instrument cluster. I asked about the wiring harness, was told that all was inspected under the hood and that the instrument cluster itself needed to be pulled. I declined. Told me it had to be the cluster because the truck started after fixing the bad wire for the map sensor. I took it to the dealership and behold, it was damage to the engine wiring harness. The dealer fixed it and my cluster was working.

Meineke originally told me wiring harness then tried to gouge me into the cluster pull. I paid 422+ dollars for the pigtail into the map sensor. The dealer stated that the wire damage was on the firewall running to transmission. How was this missed during the labor I was charged at Meineke? That's just it, it wasn't. Instead of fixing the damage that Meineke said they spotted, they attempted to create more labor by telling me they needed to pull the cluster, Talking to the Meineke's area manager, Mike ** and Barry ** (Service Guy), it is like aerial acrobats and deflection. Mike finally uttered, "Well my guys aren't perfect." When I asked why didn't they replace the damage that was obviously seen during their diagnostics? Mike was dismissive saying there were too many issues but never explained why Meineke failed to replace the damage they first made me aware.

Meineke saw an opportunity to take advantage of me. I was charged several hours for labor Meineke did not perform. Mike also wanted to let me know that he pays his guys more than what the dealer pays. So my price is fair. Tried to call customer service, no answer. Mike informed me that I can't go no higher than him. Basically, I'm just a victim and luckily wasn't taken further advantage. I told Mike I will fight to get this resolved. Mike told me, "do what you got to do."

Original review: April 26, 2022

I Took my car to be serviced on April 19, 2022 at 94 Kings Highway East Fairfield 06825, they told me that I could not drive the car. The Inner rod on the right side Had to be fixed. I paid $475. On the 25th I had to return the vehicle Because of hearing noise coming from the right side tire. I took it back on 25 April 2022. I spoke to a guy name Ceaser who promise my car will be ready the next day at 10am. My car was not ready until 5 PM. I missed a whole day of work and they are charging me $400.

Original review: March 16, 2022

**DANGEROUS** Took my truck for repairs and they did NOT tighten my lug nuts. Wheel could have come off and killed myself or someone else. Didn't notice anything on the drive home, but as soon I left the house soon after, it started to make awful noises. Immediately took it the closest shop and sure enough lug nuts completely loose. If my wife had been driving, she may not have noticed and definitely could have caused a serious accident. Called the store to let them know what happened, went in the next day to talk with Steve the manager, agreed to do a refund of $550 for the work done. Two weeks later, NO REFUND. Finally talked to Jeff, regional manager, he refused to do the refund after it was already offered by Steve. Absolutely ridiculous. Will be waiting to hear from someone at the corporate offices.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Absolute "RIP OFF". Charged $75.00. Installed for a $17.99 air filter that I changed myself last year in 5 minutes flat ... also took 1 hr for oil change without having tires rotated (didn't want to spend the day there) having tires rotated...

Original review: March 4, 2022

I just went to get my truck a oil change full synthetic at 74 dollars 83.50 plus tax so I pulls out a coupon from their website and the manager said they don't accept the coupons. The same thing happened to me at the Meineke in Roselle on st George Ave and this was the meineke on Elizabeth Ave in Newark. I'm just trying to understand why do they have coupons on their website if they are not accepting them.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I would like to complain about the store #1435 at 18795 West Bluemound Road, Brookfield, WI 53045. The mechanic ** convinced me to get sway bar links installed here since Meineke offers LIFETIME GUARANTEE for $328.34. Within 10 months one of the sway bar link broke. I returned to them and ** quoted $166.09 to replace. He's claiming that since another part was replaces, they will not honor the lifetime guarantee. Best regards, Haroon.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I took my car in to be repaired. Codes were showing. Crankshaft sensor was going bad. They said the alternator was bad and charged me $560. I picked up the car and it broke down within a mile. I got the car towed back and they said the wiring they had moved to change the alternator had shorted out and melted. They spliced the wires only to find out the car will not drive for long without stalling. They said they had reset the computer but no change and now they say that the computer might be damaged because of the short, but they say they won't change the computer because the codes don't tell them to. So I now have a useless car from them not doing the job correct. I had to get another tow truck to get my car back to my house as they also would not tow it back for me.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

An engine check symbol/light appeared on my 2011 Honda Odyssey while on my way returning home from a Thanksgiving road trip. Brought into Meineke Car Care Center located at 10035 Memorial Parkway SW, Huntsville, AL 35803 today (11/26/2021) and they checked and told me that I need to replace spark plugs as well as ignition coils. They (**) said the ignition coils package cost $210.00 and the spark plugs are $10.56/piece, and that they only charged me an hour labor worth $84 (giving me $100 discount since I replacing both ignition coils & spark plugs together). A total of $289.11, sounds reasonable, so I agreed and left the car with them. He (**) said the job will be done in 45 mins and I can pick up my car around noon. Came around noon and paid $289.11 with my credit card. Came outside started up the car (noticed the heat has been set to Max) and went outside to open up the hood to take a look.

It didn’t look like the ignition coils have been replaced as they look old and dirty/rusty. Drove home (couple blocks away) opened up the hood, removed the engine block cover for a better look and found out that nothing has been replaced. I called Meineke (believe it was ** who answered the phone). Told me to bring the car back in for them to take a look. I brought the car back and told ** (the guy that I’ve been dealing with) that they didn’t replace the ignition coils as they looked old/used. He asked me for the car key and went to the car…about 5-7 mins later came back telling me he just have them replaced. I asked him how could it be done so fast, he told me it’s easy and quick job…. I doubted.

Came out to open the hood to check it again. Nothing changed! How terrible! I got home (now that I completely distrust their work ethics) decided to remove one of the spark plugs to see if they got replaced as claimed by Meineke (and clearly showed in the bill). Disappointedly, the spark plug looked old and rusty to be any new ones. I feel this is a fraud and I was scammed! The only thing fixed is probably the engine light/symbol being reset(?).

Meineke author review by Lauren Fix

Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Houston and is now a part of Driven Brands, which is headquartered in North Carolina. They have more than 900 locations around the world. Meineke Car Care Centers performs tire service, preventative maintenance and some repair services.

• Roadside assistance: Customers who get a synthetic blend, high mileage or full synthetic oil change package receive four months of free 24-hour road assistance. It includes lockout assistances, hit and run protection, rental car discounts, concierge benefits and more. Members of Meineke’s free rewards program also receive free towing for up to 15 miles.

• Online resources: Meineke’s blog has informational articles, expert advice, maintenance tips and industry news. It is useful for most automobile owners. The chain’s website also has an auto repair and car parts dictionary, which includes basic definition of terms customers might see or hear when having their vehicle serviced or repaired.

• Social media: Meineke is active on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Consumers can follow the brand to get maintenance tips and see special offers.

• Online scheduling: Customers ready to schedule a service appointment can do so online. The website will show them coupons associated with the service they are requesting. Same day appointments may be available.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Meineke Company Information