Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

360 Meineke Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Never go to the Meineke in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I went for a simple oil change and after they told me my vehicle was ready I tried to open the door and the latch comes off in my hand and superglue is all over my hand. They broke the exterior handle on my driver's side door and the manager without any apology precedes to tell me, as if I'm stupid, that the latch was previously superglued on. They refused to do anything about it so I filed a complaint with the district manager. I have not received a call back yet. If there's no call back by this week I might just have to go to my local news station.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

This shop was an absolute nightmare to deal with. In my experience, their staff and owner acted completely unprofessional, quoted me price estimates and projected completion times, only for them to take two and half weeks beyond the time they initially told me things would be finished. On top of everything, when they finally returned my car, it had denting and scratches. The owner attempted to pass the buck, only to then try to say that I could leave it longer and they would take care of it. After the entire ordeal, there was no way I was trusting my car to their shop anymore - I then had to go through insurance to have the bodywork handled.

Above this, the owner refused to acknowledge my coupon, which is the entire reason I brought my car here to begin with. I let him read the fine print, and when he couldn't find a reason to not accept it, he just flat out said no. Meineke corporate said that shops are independent. Poor representation of the Meineke brand and a poor experience with thinking the brand would look after its customers. A completely awful experience from start to finish, my opinion was that the owner is completely unprofessional. Would never trust my car with them for any work in the future under any circumstances.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I took my car to be serviced at the location in Horn Lake, MS and paid for an expensive service and still picked my car back up with the same issues. I took it back and he diagnosed the problem in five minute saying he didn't catch the day before. They did not do a proper job AT ALL, and only wanted the money out of the service and not to really fix my car issue. Clay was rude and did not care that he cheated me out of my money and a service that I really didn't need. They changed prices and told me it would be one price, then turned around and said another.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

MEINEKE REVIEW - This company Located on Pimlico Parkway in Lexington Kentucky is an incompetent business and the manager or owner who’s name is Charlie ** in my opinion is a con artist. I took my vintage pickup truck to Meineke on Pimlico Parkway last month to have dual exhaust installed and a couple oil leaks repaired at a cost of approximately $850.00. When I picked the truck 3 days later, they had installed the exhaust, but the tail pile was crooked. The oil leaks were not repaired. I took the truck back 4 more times during the next 3 weeks, but the leaks were still not repaired. I was told by Charlie that there were other leaks and he charged me an additional $450.00.

I was then told the truck was finished and picked it up, only to find the next day after sitting all night in my garage that the leaks that I paid to be repaired had gotten worse. I took the truck back and every day I was given a different excuse by Charlie why my truck was not ready. Excuses such as: the parts has to order the part, or the parts truck broke down or the sent the wrong part or I don’t have the correct tool to install the part, etc.

After Meineke had the truck for 8 days, I was told the truck was finally finished. I picked the truck up and Charlie then told me that the leak was not completely taken care of and he had ordered yet another part to fix it. I decided to not take it back for any further work, but rather asked Charlie for a partial refund so that I could find a reputable repair shop to do the work. Of Course he refused to give a refund. I then contacted Meineke Customer service and they are a joke as well. I was told that they had spoken to Charlie and he would finish the work properly. This fly by night company should not be in business and I will never do business with any of Meineke’s shops again. Consumer Beware.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My husband and I always use Meineke for our oil changes. The location at 3332 N Oracle Rd in Tucson does a fabulous job of providing quality auto service at a reasonable price. We are always taking care of promptly with the best service possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Last week I had a tune up a fuel injection cleaning, my great experience that time prompted me to come back this week and have a 3.5 lift kit and a complete dual exhaust system installed, the manager Jim took very good care of me, and exceeded my expectations, my 2008 Chevy Suburban not only looks great, but sounds and runs like a charm. These quality experiences and attention to detail by Jim and his staff is prompting me to come next week for new tires and rims. My overall experience thus far has left with a feeling of deep appreciation, and I will refer all of my friends and family to this particular Meineke store (Store #2267).

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I took my car in because my window would not roll up. They ended up putting in the wrong part which blew a fuse. While they were trying to fix that they cut a wire which caused a problem with my transmission. Even though the technician admitted to causing the problem, the manager said there was no way to prove they caused the problem and said it was "bad timing." They refused to pay for the problems they caused including the fuse and transmission and still wanted me to pay for the window. I went in for a window issue and by the end of it my car was not even driveable. They had my car for over a week and I had to get it towed to the dealership to fix the transmission issue. The manager is not honest or reliable. I will never go back there.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I visited Meineke this morning 10/11/2018 at West 38th Street Indianapolis, IN location for oil change. From beginning to end the service was absolutely excellent, especially the front desk staff and mechanic Mr. Anthony **. Five stars ⭐️ much appreciated!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Ok took my truck to Meineke in Bridgeport Ohio 43912 to have 2 transmission lines replaced local parts store same place. They get them 19$ and 21$. Person said be 60$ plus parts. Went got my truck. It was 281$$. Told him should of called me. I'd came got truck, did it myself. Said 4 hours labor and a tool need to do it with a screwdriver. I can do this but due to health problem with my head I can lay flat and get up without falling and be down for days till it clears up and sad. I've worked with this shop for long time. Like I said should of called me. I'd went got it, did turn this in to their main office. Wonder how many other they give cheapest then hit them up for big bucks. Beware of Meineke of Bridgeport Ohio!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Hi, Just got my car serviced on Saturday 09/22/2018. It has been an awful experience getting my car serviced at Meineke. When I drove my car today to New York airport after servicing, I could find that there was engine oil dripping out of the car and smoke coming out. When we opened the bonnet, we found there was no cap on the Engine Oil box and all the oil was spilled over the machine and it was smoking. Absolutely, unprofessional service and really putting someone's life in danger if someone does not notices it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My brakes went out, so I went to Meineke to have them perform the Free brake inspection. If you look at their advertisement for it, it clearly states they inspect the brake hoses, calipers, rotors and master ignition for free. I went into store 2275 in South Elgin where I dealt with Dennis D’Onofrio the owner. He told me that the inspection would have to go to the lift for diagnosis which costs $50. Because the free inspection he just looks at the car. You CANNOT inspect brake hoses and line unless you are underneath the car. As my car is on the lift this incompetent clown tells me my differential is leaking. Which it wasn’t. It was clearly the busted brake hose dripping onto it. He tried to add it on my bill for $190 but I declined service because it didn’t need work! Apparently the mechanics thought I was doing that service and they tried to remove a bolt and ended up breaking one inside the housing.

I didn’t notice this until the next day because I never agreed to service on the differential. As I went to pay I asked him again how he inspects brakes with your it being on a lift. This joker told me he inspects brakes like that all the time. I told him the free inspection was false advertisement. He turns to his mechanics and says “This guy thinks you should work for free, so I won’t pay you guys tonight, you can go home with no paycheck” then calls me a “** cheap guy” as he walks away. Furious, I called customer service and built a case. The person handling my case was just as incompetent as the owner. I mentioned the damage they did and he told me if I wanted to dispute charges to take it up with the owner! They sent me back to the unprofessional thief to see if he will pay for damages.

As I confronted him I video recorded the incident and he tried to take my phone away from me then aggressively bumped me and put his fist in a punching manner. This OWNER was going to assault me for calling him out on the damage done to my car! Nonetheless I called the police and filed a report. The same incompetent case handler then told me that the owner told him, that they will not be resolving the damages done to my car and agreed with him that the diagnostics they ran on my brake line was valid to be charged. It was literally and inspection to see that a hose was dripping while on the lift. After I explained that this owner tried to assault me I asked how they can allow this person to represent their company like that? He basically told me corporate won’t do anything since the owner (that tried to assault me) had final say.

This man is a fraud trying to charge people for services they don’t need and lied about damage to my car and corporate sat behind him. This is unacceptable and absolutely appalling. I will NEVER take my car to another Meineke and make sure that my network of people do the same. This company stood behind a man who charged me for something that was advertised as free, damaged my car and denied it and resolution for the damages and allow him to continue running the franchise after he attempted to assault me for confronting him about the damage he did to my car. This company basically condoned the theft and the violence. This is an outrage.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I went to the MEINEKE IN PEACHTREE CITY, GEORGIA on two different days. I had made an appointment online and picked the 11:30 a.m. slot & in the notes, I had stated that I needed my alternator changed. I had been seen on Aug 18th with an appointment for my air conditioner needed Freon and I informed her that my engine light had came on. The store shop owner name PAM said she would have the mechanic check it, and informed me that it was my transmission. When I got my vehicle back I went home, then I had to go to the store, and while driving my battery light comes on and touching on the 9 which is very low. I take it to another shop and they put it on the diagnostic machine and tells me that my alternator is bad and that was the reason for my engine light being on and that there wasn't anything wrong with my transmission.

I arrived to Meineke on time and when I stated to the Shop Mgr PAM that I had an 11:30 a.m. appointment and the reason for my appointment, she stated to me that she wasn't for sure if she could do it because the system generated 30 mins for an alternator change and it normally would take 1hr. I then stated to her that I have an appointment and I stated in the notes alternator change so It's not my fault that the system generated 30 mins. She accused me of picking 30 mins and I had told her that there was no way for me to pick how long a job would take. I then tried to show her how I did it and she told me that she didn't want to see it because she didn't know anything about how the website appointment worked. I told her that I can show her and she said that she didn't care and didn't want me to show her.

I then begin to tell her that I had called another Meineke location and asked them how long would it take to swipe out my alternator and they told me 30 mins. I informed her of that conversation and she said she didn't care because it's her store and she was charging me for an hour. I asked her did she know the number to the corporate office, and she stated to me that Corporate doesn't pay my bills here nor do they tell me what to do with my shop. So I just said alright then, because I wasn't about to get into an arguing match with her. Then she says to me, I really don't accept parts bought in, and I told her since when does Meineke or any shop not let you bring in parts that you purchase from a store and not put them on a person's vehicle.

I informed her that being military and constantly moving around, I have always done business in every state with Meineke and never not once did they tell me I couldn't purchase my parts myself. I was charged labor in each of those states to put on my parts, but never refused service all because I purchased the parts myself, which saved me a little money, and Meineke still got paid for labor. And I understood if I didn't purchase Meineke parts then my parts weren't warranty with Meineke. I understood that. When I informed her of all this, she said she didn't care once again and that it was her shop not corporate shop. And that she can refuse whatever she wanted. Now even if she is a franchise store, she still holds the name Meineke and should live up to Meineke expectations & customer service. I wasn't happy at all, and I felt cheated out of my hard earned money.

They pulled my vehicle in and I started my time and watched to make sure that once my vehicle was in, that they wouldn't try to walk away from it and ride the 1hr time out. My vehicle is a 2000 Chevy Blazer, and I myself had changed my alternator in my driveway by myself well within 30 mins, because everything is on top and so easy to get to. I couldn't do it this time due to having major surgery 2 weeks ago and can't do anything for 6 months. That's why I chose for Meineke to do it for me because they always treated me good in the past. So as I watched she stated to me that I didn't have to watch and I told her that I wanted to. So once they got the alternator on and charged my battery which was a brand new battery only 2 weeks old. They pulled it out and it took them 31 mins total.

When I informed her of how long it took, she stated to me once again that she didn't care and overcharged me by having to pay for an hr. I ask her did they have a 30 min charge and she said yes, but again I'm charging you the 1hr that I stated to you before beginning the work. She also upset another customer who was very unhappy with the work on her vehicle and wanted to talk to the mechanic who worked on her vehicle, and she stated to that customer that she wasn't allowed to talk to the mechanic and couldn't. Now I have never in my life heard of a shop manager refusing to allow the customer to talk to the mechanics, especially if the mechanic was the one who worked on that vehicle. She was very nasty and unprofessional and representing Meineke name on her shop.

I also take my hard earned money and trust Meineke to treat me well and with respect. I'm to the point, I don't want to do business with Meineke anymore because the only one closest to me is in Peachtree City which is her shop. She's giving Meineke a bad name and bad reputation. I hope this can get resolved and not swept under rug. I hope there will be consequences for her actions, and hold her accountable. I know I won't be getting my money back, what a shame.

I still have more work on my vehicle that I need done, but I think I'll give that business to someone else who knows how to treat, speak and talk to their customers. You might want to think twice before having your vehicle service at Meineke in Peachtree City, GA because PAM the Owner don't know how to treat, or talk to her customers, and she cheats you out of your hard earned money. I now drive a hour away to the next city to have my vehicle service, or have my vehicles towed a hour away to be service. This site does not care about their customers, nor how they demonstrate integrity regarding their work. The staff here in Peachtree City, GA has no interpersonal skills whatsoever. I would not refer or suggest anyone to bring their car to this shop for any kind of repairs.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Nette from Killeen Tx, went to have my serpentine belt replaced. Mind you have had my car for 8 yrs and have never had any problems with it so 2 days after having the belt replaced I'm at the gas station and my A/C stops blowing cold, car starts smoking and I lift up the hood and my power steering fluid is spraying everywhere. It's now at the shop with a broken Power steering hose due to the serpentine belt tensioner not being adjusted when the new belt was put on. Could of blew my whole engine. **. $513.00 So far. Hopefully that's it!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I am a truck mechanic but I had medical problems and needed a oil change, my daughter took my jeep to shop for an oil change only. By the time she was able to leave the oil change became an estimated $500.00 repair bill before she was able to get the jeep out of there. They wrote all these oil leaks down that HAD TO BE REPAIRED it was unsafe to drive, when she came home I jumped under it to look at these oil leaks, they said it needed an rear axle outer seal, there was oil on there on the outside and on the tire. I pulled it apart and found no oil inside or on the brakes. Also the motor oil pan drain bolt was leaking and was sealed up with silicone but was still leaking. Only thing wrong was it was left loose and sealed like that. By the way there were no oil drops on the driveway and it always parked in the same place.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

They charged me $759 for an oil change and to replace the rear brakes. Made me give a $100 deposit to order the brakes. Was initially quoted $149, which became $349, ended up being $759. Owner unavailable.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

My husband and I came to Meineke on June 29 2018 for my rear brake pads to be replaced. We arrived there approximately 11:15 am. Sadly to say we sat there for about 3.5 hrs for a brake job that should have only taken an hour. The brake job took 3.5 hrs because the assigned mechanic put the truck up on the lift and removed the wheels and left my truck up in the air and went to lunch before doing any work. Time went by. After two hrs of waiting we inquired about the truck. It was after 1pm. Once we brought the time frame to the manager's attention about how long we have been waiting he then took over and did the work himself. That took another hour and a half. We finally left Meineke at 4pm.

On top of that no one could find my lug cap. The mechanic was fired. The manager claimed that he was going to order me a lug cap. We continued to follow up regarding as to when my cap would be in. All we keep getting was the run around and put off. The manager continued to tell us it will be here in a week. Now it's three weeks later and we followed up with the shop manager again and that manager no longer works there. And of course no cap was ever ordered. We explained to the new manager who is there today and he wants to dim down the situation about the fact that when my truck arrived to Meineke my truck was whole with all lug caps. When my truck was worked on at Meineke we the customer was treated disrespectful by having us sit in the waiting area for 3+hrs for an hour brake job. On top of that the original mechanic took my lug cap and no one at the shop can find it.

To add to more insult we was lied to by the previous manager telling us that Meineke had ordered the lug cap to be replaced to bring my truck back whole. Only to be told by the new manager Tony on (July 17, 2018) that I can get a lug cap at the junk yard for $5.00. I informed the new manager that Meineke can and will get the lug cap being that it was Meineke who took off the lug cap and lost it. What an insult to me as a customer and befiling of my vehicle that was whole when I brought my vehicle in for brake repair.

This site does not care about their customers, nor how they demonstrate integrity regarding their work. The staff here has no interpersonal skills whatsoever. I would not refer or suggest anyone to bring their car to this shop for any kind of repairs. I want my lug cap replaced ASAP. I feel I have been patient enough in dealing with the run around, poor work and awful customer service and treated like I don't value my vehicle and damage my vehicle. We were contacted by Meineke customer service - ** whom states they want another opportunity to make this situation right.

Well I posted this back in July. The issue occurred June 29th. It is now August and I have not received any action from the customer service or Corp as promised. This is why these managers can be as vile and nasty to you as the customer because they know Corp will not do anything to help you as the paying customer. My issue has been escalated and reported to BBB and Consumer Financial Protection Agency. Ladies and gentlemen, beware and very cautious of taking your car to Mieneke Car Care in Snellville. For this business is not in the business of providing good customer relationships. They definitely will not be held accountable if their managers of these shops or their staff mess up your car, or take a part from your vehicle like they did mine.

You will not be compensated for it. Their corporate office is no better. They don't care about getting the consumer a resolution for their managers and employee's mess ups. Nor for their nasty unethical behaviors demonstrated. You just will be total out of luck. Take note as to why this shop continues to have a high turnover with maintaining managers and mechanics. Do yourself a favor and find another auto car shop that will work with integrity and stand true to their customer service ethics and the way they do business.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Meineke has Always been my Go-To ever since they were there for me in my time of emergency need. I came to them when my car was having an extended crank. They didn’t want me to spend any unnecessary money if they weren’t 100% sure what the problem was. They gave me some suggestions and even asked me to talk to Firestone about my warranty before I spent money with them. I came back to them after doing their suggestions and they even taught me on how I could see if it’s really a matter of fact fuel pressure problem. They helped me at a low cost and they still gave me the best parts for a Chevy. It was quick, easy, and they seemed to genuinely care. They also told me that if the problem arises again they won’t charge me for another diagnostics. They are doing great!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Manchester CT Meineke on 290 Broad Street is a shady place! After having my car sit for 2 wks without being touched, prior to that having my car sit for a month I went to pick up my car and was told they did the repairs needed. Not even fresh out the parking lot my car cut off. I started it again and not much longer it cut off again. I went under my car and seen the service I paid $900 for was not done, the part was rusted just like I sent it! The store Manager ** was rude displaying poor customer service skills. All this manager ** kept saying was “that’s not my problem." What poor customer service! You took my $900+ money, lied repeatedly about fixing my car but yet this is not your problem! EVERYONE PLEASE STAY CLEAR!! Nothing but a bunch of scammers!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Unbelievable!!! So, after being completely lied to and reaching out to two other ASE certified mechanics I’m realizing this is one of the most shady auto shops in the area! (Meineke on S. Herlong Rock Hill SC) I recently spent around $300 (on top of other numerous auto repairs that weren’t done correctly) on a exhaust manifold gasket which was completely unnecessary!!! I came into the shop complaining about my 2013 Toyota Camry having sounds like a lawn mower whenever I started it or revved the engine up. I was told it was the gasket and not a leak, etc. so I went ahead and got the work done.

Came home, everything sounded great... one week went by and I am having the same exact sound if not worse. Took it back and was told the erosion and rust on and near the manifold happened within a week and I needed the entire thing replaced... ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? Also, as I was leaving the mechanic goes “oh, I went ahead and put some auto putty on the holes so you won’t hear it”. So, is that what your company did the last time I was in so I thought the issue was fixed??? Mind you, this is the same franchise that can’t even complete a proper brake job without removing brake dust, etc. and I’ve had to come and get my brakes redone by them three times in 6 months!!! I will most definitely be contacting whoever I can about this matter and expect some resolutions immediately!!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

RE: 82nd & Powell location in Portland, OR. After a terrible, almost car-destroying trip to Pep Boys, I decided to try Meineke for my oil changes. They were friendly and quick with reasonable prices. Since then, I've had them replace my shocks and struts, replace my alternator, fix oil leaks and patch tires. They always are up-front with me about costs of parts and labor and the time that it will take to complete a job. They always give me the best deal they can, including discounts on pricier jobs and freebies when they can sneak them in. John has exceptional customer service. He makes sure I'm laughing the whole time I'm there. He also has given me rides to and from work when my car needs to stay at the shop during the day. I always feel like I get the best service and will continue to go to this Meineke for all of my car care needs! They are all a bunch of rock stars but John is phenomenal at his job!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have 2117 points in my Meineke rewards and I went to dealership to do the oil change with my points but as because of some kind of system issues, franchise/dealership can only see 437 points in their system, so I spent an hour at dealership calling and created a case with Meineke support center. They have promised me that they will call me to let me know the resolution, after ticket was open, I waited for call for a week and no call came from Meineke so I called 2 times and both the times they were working on it. Today I called and they said ticket is closed and there were no resolution so I asked them to reopen and CSR said that ticket cannot be reopened as per company policy.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I shopped around for the best price I can get to fix the exhaust on my 2011 Nissan Sentra. Then I finally took a chance at this Meineke location in South Plainfield #249. Both times I brought my car there 1) Basic Oil Change, 2) To install Connector Pipe & Heavy Duty Muffler, I was very happy with their work. Mike gladly explained to me what type of work needs to be done and worked with me with the budget I had. Mike was able to accommodate me on their busy schedule and that was huge since it was on a Friday. The welcome feeling as soon as I entered the shop was very pleasant with Steve's big smile.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Came to Meineke with a rattle. My A/C was out. I okayed them $1000 to fix it but only saw a page to sign w/ no charges then $129/hr labor. Went online. My part was 3x cost. Came back. Only hot air. They can't find the part. Their contract was 7 to 10 days. Said then that they charged the A/C and they noticed bubbling. $240 for hose. However I only had a 6 inch diameter leak in my driveway. They said oh they only charged the upper section. Oh and by the way when I picked up my car the first day it was locked in park. They tried and tried and then gave me a little screwdriver to stick in a transmission lockout so it would shift??? Then they told me 2 days ago they ordered a new hose after I asked them for a corporate contact. This is now day 3. No call.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Meineke Car Care Center needs to be shut down. I took my car in for an oil change and left with over $900 worth of parts and labor. My car wasn't driving bad at all before I got there. They talked me into replacing an axle on my front end and buy a set of 4 tires which actually had plenty of tread. They told me my axle was bad and my tires had cracking between the ample amount of treads. The day after having all this work done my car acted like it drove worse than it ever has since I owned it.

2 days later I KNEW something wasn't right but now it was Sunday. I called the shop first thing Monday morning and got my car to the shop. I wondered if it would make it safely and called the shop to see if it should be towed in. Salesman said don't worry about it and bring it in. We found the lug nuts weren't tightened when they put the new set of tires on. I hadn't even gave authorization to put the tires on, but had discussed perhaps getting new tires for the car.

After the salesman promised I could get a $100 rebate after mailing in a form and receipt of the parts and labor I bought, over $900 I never received my rebate. I have called the rebate company, Synchrony Car Care to no avail. Their phone system doesn't allow you to talk to people. Leave messages to no avail. Stay away from Meineke and their promise of any rebates for spending money with them. Bait and switch at its greatest. My car nearly suffered catastrophic damage and possible damage or death.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I took my car to the Meineke located at 1525 Holiday Ln, Fairfield to repair my sunroof. It was the worst experience I have in my life. They kept my car for 2 days and every time I called them they told me it will be ready soon. At the end they gave my car back and said they didn't receive the part they ordered! They asked me to deposit 400$ for the part! They called me after 2 more days and told me the part is there. I took my car there once more and after 2 hrs wait they told me the part is defective and they are not able to fix it. The attitude of the male staff was not respectful at all. He told me he is not responsible for all the time I lost or for the fact that they couldn't keep their promise to repair my car...

Original review: June 25, 2018

I took my car to Meineke on 18728-E N, S Pointe Dr, Hagerstown, MD 21742. They installed a faulty part that led to coolant leak and engine damage within a week. Then the manager tried to blame it on me for not detecting the problem with their faulty repair quickly. When I told him that his opinion didn't align with the facts, he asked me to leave. So much for customer service and business ethics. I am taking them to court.

Original review: June 22, 2018

STAY AWAY!!! I took my car in to get an oil change and my air filter replaced because I had to make a trip to Houston. About 30-45 minutes after getting this done in route Houston, Texas my check engine light comes on. I called Meineke while in route to Houston to inform them of what happened. I spoke to the assistant manager and told him I'll bring the car into the shop once I got back from Houston because my check engine light came on and it has never come on until they did work on my car. After getting back from Houston I was told the first time they just need to reset the something in the car. I leave and about 15 minutes later the check engine light comes on again.

I call up to Meineke again and told the guy my check engine light came on again so they check it. This time I was told that the clamps wasn't claimed all the way and that he test drove it and everything is fine now. Later on I was going to dinner and the light comes on again. I call back up to the shop on Monday and they said it was nothing they can do and that he talked to his manager and he printed out some papers for me to come get about resetting the check engine light. Now I'm having to pay $300 for a sensor they messed up to be put into my car. I really wished I had just driven to Houston without getting an oil change. I should've just waited until I got back to go to McSpadden's where I normally get all my oil changes and maintenance done.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We took our car to Meineke #2128, 2630 E Bell Rd Suite 1, Phoenix, AZ 85032 on Sat 5/5/2018 to get an A/C inspection done. We explained to ** and ** that the air blew hot when the car was still or parked. ** told us it would cost $65 for the inspection. ** then took us outside and let us have a look inside the hood of the car. The car was hooked up to a machine that diagnosed that both of the fans on the front side of the car were not working. They both were broken and needed repair. ** warned us that if they (both fans) were not replaced, this can cause great damage to the A/C unit and to the engine itself since the car would overheat. ** had me and my husband look at both fans and verify that they both were not moving and that they need to be replaced. We agreed to leave the car with them and have them do further testing.

** called me and let me know that indeed it was the fan motors and they needed to be replaced. ** quoted me the total balance for labor and work to be $373.44. I agreed to this over the phone since it was assumed that this would fix the issue with our A/C and not cause further problems like ** had warned us. We paid for the work with both ** and ** there behind the desk. We asked ** that how long would the fans last and if this work was guaranteed. He jokingly told ** to charge us an extra $100 for the guarantee. ** told us that the fans (2) would last about 5-20 years!

The following day, Sunday 5/6/2018 the car started to blow warm air as I was at a red light. The situation just progressed from there. It continued to blow warm air as we were parked. My husband took the car back on 5/10/2018. ** called me and let me know that unfortunately the fan that they did not replaced had just broken and needs repair. I told ** that we had paid to have both fans replaced. He said no that he told us they were replacing just 1 fan and we only paid for 1. ** hung up the phone on me. He said we could pay for the work or not. It is our problem not his.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Meinke in Gulfport MS - I took my used car to get the air conditioning looked at, that was my first mistake. Although it advertises that the a/c check is free... it is not. Ultimately I had took the car in for a compressor and dryer to be replaced. I knew it would be a costly repair but, for $1227.02, I thought that it would be repaired for longer than 2 days!!! Especially since John ** (manager) was gracious enough to rent me a car, while the repairs were being done. Mr. ** stated something like, "I don't know why it's not blowing cool, I might have to take it to the dealership to see what's going on."

Apparently he was able to fix it long enough to take my money and get me out of the door. Long story short, do not take your car to this, or any Meineke! I took my vehicle to get my air conditioning repaired and now it is not blowing any air at all, and the engine light is on! So far, all that Mr. ** has been able to offer is a; "I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with your car".

Original review: June 7, 2018

I own a 2010 Ford Escape and the muffler developed a hole, I stopped in a Meineke Service Center in West New York, NJ on Kennedy Blvd and 65th street. I was told it would cost $563.00 to replace the muffler and so I went ahead with the repair. The first muffler was defective and the owner had it replaced. The second muffler was making a humming noise that makes it unbearable on long trips. After visiting the location a few times, the owner told me he couldn't do anything else for me, but if I wanted I could purchase the original muffler from the dealership ($565.00) and he would pay for half and install it for free, which meant I would end up paying over $700.00 for a $600.00 dollar muffler.

So I contacted Meineke customer service and was told I would get a call back in 72 hours, which turned to be 3 months. I was told that the solution the site owner had given me was an acceptable practice since I didn't choose the OEM option (which I wasn't offered originally). Then I was told that the warranty period was over and that there was nothing else they could do. So I'm left with a bad muffler and $563.00 dollars in the red. Please do not go to any Meineke locations for service, they are not serious about their business, they are only there to steal money from customers that in good faith want to give them business. Needless to say I'm going to end up taking these people to small claims court because the parent company does not stand behind the customer, but approves of the shady practices their franchisees employ to rob customers.

Meineke expert review by Lauren Fix

Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Houston and is now a part of Driven Brands, which is headquartered in North Carolina. They have more than 900 locations around the world. Meineke Car Care Centers performs tire service, preventative maintenance and some repair services.

• Roadside assistance: Customers who get a synthetic blend, high mileage or full synthetic oil change package receive four months of free 24-hour road assistance. It includes lockout assistances, hit and run protection, rental car discounts, concierge benefits and more. Members of Meineke’s free rewards program also receive free towing for up to 15 miles.

• Online resources: Meineke’s blog has informational articles, expert advice, maintenance tips and industry news. It is useful for most automobile owners. The chain’s website also has an auto repair and car parts dictionary, which includes basic definition of terms customers might see or hear when having their vehicle serviced or repaired.

• Social media: Meineke is active on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Consumers can follow the brand to get maintenance tips and see special offers.

• Online scheduling: Customers ready to schedule a service appointment can do so online. The website will show them coupons associated with the service they are requesting. Same day appointments may be available.

• Best for: Meineke offers services to help most consumers with basic car maintenance and repair.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Meineke Company Information