Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Meineke Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: March 26, 2021

The communication here could have been a whole lot better; I had to call and visit the repair shop a couple of times every other day or week to get updates or information on my 2011 Toyota Prius. My major disappointment with this place was every time my car was brought out of the shop, there were still issues with my engine making knocking sounds or warning lights showing up on the dashboard or having missing part below the front windshield that they keep saying would get looked at. I’ve spent over $5000 here throughout the last few months just trying to get back on the road with no more major issues, which is money I wish I had put towards another car. The mechanics should have been upfront about their limitations working on hybrids and recommended having it taken somewhere else.

The only reason I’m giving this place two stars instead of one is that I felt Craig, at the front desk, was trying to help me out by having someone provide me a ride to and from my home and getting my car checked by a Toyota dealer mechanic for free which saved me now from spending another $3000 to work on the AC compressor. It is what it is. Money is gone.

Original review: March 10, 2021

While I was on the interstate to get back home in Stephens City from Meineke in Winchester, the whole hood of my car flies up, smashes my windshield, and my line of vision of the road goes black. I honestly can't tell you my exact feelings at the time. The best I can describe my feeling is shock. It felt like looking death right in the face. Again, I was in the fast lane with a 18 wheeler on my right and a big pickup truck riding my tail. I immediately thought to get off on the left but there was nowhere to go. I had to think fast.

I put my hazard lights on in hopes that the surrounding cars could catch a hint or just hopefully see my cry for help. I ended up just BARELY seeing a sliver of something where I could see the 18 wheeler. I just barely cut it off with no reliable vision and I make it in the right lane as well as make it to the Exxon right off the ramp. All while this is happening, my mom was two cars behind that 18 wheeler, watching her daughter swerving, assuming it was a popped tire but to her surprise, when she pulls up next to me, she sees my whole hood bent back and covering my windshield. She was pretty hysterical, me? Still in shock.

THEY DID NOT CLOSE MY HOOD BACK AFTER THEY UNLATCHED IT! My mom called the owner of the shop hysterical and in shock in response to the events that have just unfolded. Oz immediately denied that they did anything under the hood and that they didn't even go under it. The owner also said he'd check the cameras and blah blah. For someone who claims to not be responsible, he came to the gas station my car is at and told my mom that he'd take care of everything.

The men he brought with him even tested my hood to verify that it wasn't just randomly popping up. Two grown men tried to pull my hood up to see if it truly was just the latch, it was not. My mom had confidence he would do the right thing once he told us he'd take care of everything (he drove my car back to the shop) until Monday comes around and he tells us personally he would not put his child back in the car but it is looking at ONLY *600* dollars worth of damage... All while this happens he's still refusing to take accountability for the situation I had to endure as a result of HIS SHOP'S CARELESSNESS.

My car was a authentic Subaru. The people I purchased this from brung it to Subaru dealerships and all the parts are from Subaru as well. I honestly don't see myself comfortably riding in it no more without constant flashbacks of my car hood flipping up. The thought itself is crippling. Even being in the car now with someone else driving, I feel like I can barely breathe sometimes, especially on the highway. I sometimes can't help but push on the hood of my mom's car before I get in for extra security.

The owner/manager of the shop Oz, hung up in my mom's face when she requested his insurance information so we could file a claim after he chose not to take proper accountability and quite frankly, we no longer trust the services of this shop. It would be no surprise to find something else deeply wrong with the car once we did get it back from the possession of Meineke on Pleasant Valley Ave in Winchester. We called corporate TWICE with no callback and when I called the second time I discovered corporate contacted the owner first where the owner again LIED on the record saying they didn't have any reason to check under my hood. But still they haven't contacted us. Please put yourself in my shoes or even my mother's. I pray nobody is put in this same situation as I am.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Went to Meineke in Greer, SC. Told the front desk person need front brakes. He said he would check and let me know. He said I need back brakes. I took his advice over my own. Paid for back brakes. Drove off the car making same noise. Called back. The person acted like he could care less. I told him I felt it was my front brakes. He lied and said, "I told you it was all four brakes." Lied. He NEVER said anything about my front brakes. He wanted me to come back to have the front brakes done. I don't know that he did my back brakes. I would never trust them at all. They lied and cared less about the fact. I now have to have the same work done and have paid for work that was probably not needed nor done. Meineke 212 Main Street Greer SC are a group of crooks!!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

First mistake, when we picked it up we didn't even get it out of the parking lot knowing it still had an exhaust issue. Should have known there was not a competent person to work on it. Second mistake, when we were told it would be just under $500, we should have signed the estimate so the price would not go up. Third mistake, we got a new manifold rather than wait a couple days for him to get it in. (He failed to tell us there would be no warranty until later, then changed to include warranty.) In the end it took over two weeks to get our vehicle back. Fourth mistake, the price kept going up and the van has not been worked on. We're up to $1,100. And still don't have the van. The total price was over $1200. The van still has an exhaust leak. The motor housing was not put back on securely and a clip was broken (1994 Ford Econoline—motor housing is between the front seats), making it noisy and smelly. Meineke is a VERY, VERY big mistake.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

My husband brought my car for a oil change and after picking up my car the brakes would not work nor did my e-brake! My husband drove back to the Salem NH shop and explained to them the car did not have that issue before going there and was told they could fix whatever what was going on and was quoted a ridiculous amount of money despite the fact the car never had any issues with the brake until he picked it up from them! I made sure my husband bring my car to my mechanic whom confirmed with me that someone had done something for the piece to break! Meineke of course denied any wrongdoing! Please do not bring your car there!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I took my '05 Lesabre for an oil change. I had a coupon from the internet that offered a $17.95 oil change for up to 5 quarts of 5w30 oil and filter replacement. The car is rated to hold 4 1/2 quarts of oil. The desk man, Jesus, told me that store honors that coupon for only 3 1/2 quarts of oil. I offered to buy another quart to fill it up. He offered me instead a $34.95 oil change with a 30% discount which I believe should bring the price to $24.45. The bill was for an oil change at $.10, 4 quarts of oil at $4.00, oil change labor at $10.00, and an oil filter at $7.95.

The discount turned out to be $11.42, so the job cost $26.63 plus $1.67 sales tax equals $28.30. I reluctantly agreed to the price, figuring that the extra quart of oil would cost me almost $9.00. I paid the bill and drove straight home, about 4 miles. Next morning I checked the oil level, it was one quart low. Now I am even more upset because I apparently paid $28.30 for an oil change that should have cost $17.95 plus tax, and the car got sent out one quart low on oil! I believe the store should honor the coupon as published. The run-around to the higher-priced service upset me, then finding that the car was one quart low after all upset me more. I am sure I am not the first person victimized this way. I am not able to scan the receipt and send it with this review.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I made a reservation for Meineke here in Fairfield. I gave them all the information on the car. I told them I was going to use a coupon. This morning the clerk at Meineke told me that I could not use that coupon because it was not for the car I drive. I was then told the actual cost would be $62. Why wasn't I told that the coupon wasn't good for my car when I made the reservation and gave them the exact same information? So I wasted a week waiting for the reservation and now I have to look around and make a new reservation at another shop...

Original review: June 27, 2020

Meineke impressed me with their fast service, friendliness, and resourcefulness when it came to finding me the best price. I had previously went to Firestone and they were going to charge me double what Meineke charged me, partly because they were going to replace parts that David and Brent were able to repair. Meineke was very thorough and I will be coming to them again when I need any auto work.

Original review: April 6, 2020

This company is so wonderful. They are reputable, professional and down to earth. They have also been around for years. I have referred both friends and other families to them also. I hope they stick around!

Original review: April 5, 2020

Great shop for a car maintenance, very professional, friendly, and efficient service and honest with the customer, clean job. My car running very good any time After the service.. I feel very safe with this shop..

Meineke author review by Lauren Fix

Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Houston and is now a part of Driven Brands, which is headquartered in North Carolina. They have more than 900 locations around the world. Meineke Car Care Centers performs tire service, preventative maintenance and some repair services.

• Roadside assistance: Customers who get a synthetic blend, high mileage or full synthetic oil change package receive four months of free 24-hour road assistance. It includes lockout assistances, hit and run protection, rental car discounts, concierge benefits and more. Members of Meineke’s free rewards program also receive free towing for up to 15 miles.

• Online resources: Meineke’s blog has informational articles, expert advice, maintenance tips and industry news. It is useful for most automobile owners. The chain’s website also has an auto repair and car parts dictionary, which includes basic definition of terms customers might see or hear when having their vehicle serviced or repaired.

• Social media: Meineke is active on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Consumers can follow the brand to get maintenance tips and see special offers.

• Online scheduling: Customers ready to schedule a service appointment can do so online. The website will show them coupons associated with the service they are requesting. Same day appointments may be available.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Meineke Company Information