2.4/5 (43 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Meineke Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The Romeoville location really seems customer oriented, and most of my repairs seem decent and fairly priced, though there is one exception when I didn't get my usual guy. I've also told them to remember to lock the vehicle up. Hopefully they are doing that with some cars being parked in a remote lot.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Meineke is a great brand, I find them to be reasonably priced and you can’t beat their warranty. I also like that there are locations all over the country so if you’re out of town and need work done there’s sure to be a location nearby.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

On 7/26/21 I took my 2009 Nissan Murano to Meineke Store # 310 due to the "Service Engine Soon" being illuminated (Code p0463, Fuel level sensor. Upon arriving I spoke with the Service Manager informing him my vehicle was not able to pass emission test because of the "Service Engine Soon" light. In addition I asked him to check the suspension. I left my vehicle, received a call from the Service Manager informing me I needed a control arm, ball joint, and alternator, I agreed to have those issues repaired.

On Friday 7/30/2 I received a call informing me my vehicle was ready for pickup. After completing the required paperwork and arranging for payment ($1824.00) I went to my car started it and found that the "Service Engine Soon" was still illuminated. I returned to the office, informed the Service Manager, my car was taken back into the garage to be checked. The Service Manager came out and told me the light had flickered and went off and there were no codes in the system at that time, I was instructed to drive it over the weekend to see if it came back on.

Saturday 7/31/21 the " Service Engine Soon" light came back on. I called Meineke and spoke with a different Service Manager informing him of my continuing issue with the light. I was told to bring it back in to them and they would check it out. After being checked still another Service Manager informed me that there was a code "p0463" in the system indicating the "Fuel Level Sensor needed replacing. He stated It was located in the fuel pump and that my car had two (2) fuel pumps due to it being "All Wheel Drive". I told him it was not an all wheel drive but a two wheel drive.

He again stated that his system showed him that my car had two (2) fuel pumps and it would be an additional $1300.00 to have them replaced there. I explained to him that it was the original issue that prompted me to take it to them in the first place telling him I had the codes checked by Autozone prior to bringing it to them and I knew the code was p0463 when I dropped it off there. He told me I would have to speak with the original Service Manager and he would be there Monday (8/8/21). I also sent an email to Meinekebell@aol.com explaining my issue on 7/30/21, I have not received a response as of today 8/5/21.

Original review: July 16, 2021

We were on vacation in Williamsburg, Va. The flex pipe in my exhaust system broke. We went to Meineke Car Care Center #938 at 399 Second Street in Williamsburg. They charged us 399.88 for labor (159.95 per hour for 2.5 hours). This is over twice the price I pay my mechanic for labor. I was stuck though as I needed to get my car fixed before we could drive home to New York. The people who worked at this Meineke were very nice; however the labor charge was excessive.

Original review: May 17, 2021

HORRIBLE BUSINESS! This unprofessional shop can't even do a oil change or tire rotation without problems: They overfilled my oil. They made me come back four times to try and fit me in for the tire rotation, but every time they had excuses such as, "We're too busy," "My tech is out sick," etc. I finally got my $10 back for the tire rotation that they failed at. Do yourself a favor, avoid Meineke and support your local mechanic. All Meineke cares about is taking your money.

Original review: March 26, 2021

The communication here could have been a whole lot better; I had to call and visit the repair shop a couple of times every other day or week to get updates or information on my 2011 Toyota Prius. My major disappointment with this place was every time my car was brought out of the shop, there were still issues with my engine making knocking sounds or warning lights showing up on the dashboard or having missing part below the front windshield that they keep saying would get looked at. I’ve spent over $5000 here throughout the last few months just trying to get back on the road with no more major issues, which is money I wish I had put towards another car. The mechanics should have been upfront about their limitations working on hybrids and recommended having it taken somewhere else.

The only reason I’m giving this place two stars instead of one is that I felt Craig, at the front desk, was trying to help me out by having someone provide me a ride to and from my home and getting my car checked by a Toyota dealer mechanic for free which saved me now from spending another $3000 to work on the AC compressor. It is what it is. Money is gone.

Original review: March 10, 2021

While I was on the interstate to get back home in Stephens City from Meineke in Winchester, the whole hood of my car flies up, smashes my windshield, and my line of vision of the road goes black. I honestly can't tell you my exact feelings at the time. The best I can describe my feeling is shock. It felt like looking death right in the face. Again, I was in the fast lane with a 18 wheeler on my right and a big pickup truck riding my tail. I immediately thought to get off on the left but there was nowhere to go. I had to think fast.

I put my hazard lights on in hopes that the surrounding cars could catch a hint or just hopefully see my cry for help. I ended up just BARELY seeing a sliver of something where I could see the 18 wheeler. I just barely cut it off with no reliable vision and I make it in the right lane as well as make it to the Exxon right off the ramp. All while this is happening, my mom was two cars behind that 18 wheeler, watching her daughter swerving, assuming it was a popped tire but to her surprise, when she pulls up next to me, she sees my whole hood bent back and covering my windshield. She was pretty hysterical, me? Still in shock.

THEY DID NOT CLOSE MY HOOD BACK AFTER THEY UNLATCHED IT! My mom called the owner of the shop hysterical and in shock in response to the events that have just unfolded. Oz immediately denied that they did anything under the hood and that they didn't even go under it. The owner also said he'd check the cameras and blah blah. For someone who claims to not be responsible, he came to the gas station my car is at and told my mom that he'd take care of everything.

The men he brought with him even tested my hood to verify that it wasn't just randomly popping up. Two grown men tried to pull my hood up to see if it truly was just the latch, it was not. My mom had confidence he would do the right thing once he told us he'd take care of everything (he drove my car back to the shop) until Monday comes around and he tells us personally he would not put his child back in the car but it is looking at ONLY *600* dollars worth of damage... All while this happens he's still refusing to take accountability for the situation I had to endure as a result of HIS SHOP'S CARELESSNESS.

My car was a authentic Subaru. The people I purchased this from brung it to Subaru dealerships and all the parts are from Subaru as well. I honestly don't see myself comfortably riding in it no more without constant flashbacks of my car hood flipping up. The thought itself is crippling. Even being in the car now with someone else driving, I feel like I can barely breathe sometimes, especially on the highway. I sometimes can't help but push on the hood of my mom's car before I get in for extra security.

The owner/manager of the shop Oz, hung up in my mom's face when she requested his insurance information so we could file a claim after he chose not to take proper accountability and quite frankly, we no longer trust the services of this shop. It would be no surprise to find something else deeply wrong with the car once we did get it back from the possession of Meineke on Pleasant Valley Ave in Winchester. We called corporate TWICE with no callback and when I called the second time I discovered corporate contacted the owner first where the owner again LIED on the record saying they didn't have any reason to check under my hood. But still they haven't contacted us. Please put yourself in my shoes or even my mother's. I pray nobody is put in this same situation as I am.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Went to Meineke in Greer, SC. Told the front desk person need front brakes. He said he would check and let me know. He said I need back brakes. I took his advice over my own. Paid for back brakes. Drove off the car making same noise. Called back. The person acted like he could care less. I told him I felt it was my front brakes. He lied and said, "I told you it was all four brakes." Lied. He NEVER said anything about my front brakes. He wanted me to come back to have the front brakes done. I don't know that he did my back brakes. I would never trust them at all. They lied and cared less about the fact. I now have to have the same work done and have paid for work that was probably not needed nor done. Meineke 212 Main Street Greer SC are a group of crooks!!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

First mistake, when we picked it up we didn't even get it out of the parking lot knowing it still had an exhaust issue. Should have known there was not a competent person to work on it. Second mistake, when we were told it would be just under $500, we should have signed the estimate so the price would not go up. Third mistake, we got a new manifold rather than wait a couple days for him to get it in. (He failed to tell us there would be no warranty until later, then changed to include warranty.) In the end it took over two weeks to get our vehicle back. Fourth mistake, the price kept going up and the van has not been worked on. We're up to $1,100. And still don't have the van. The total price was over $1200. The van still has an exhaust leak. The motor housing was not put back on securely and a clip was broken (1994 Ford Econoline—motor housing is between the front seats), making it noisy and smelly. Meineke is a VERY, VERY big mistake.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

My husband brought my car for a oil change and after picking up my car the brakes would not work nor did my e-brake! My husband drove back to the Salem NH shop and explained to them the car did not have that issue before going there and was told they could fix whatever what was going on and was quoted a ridiculous amount of money despite the fact the car never had any issues with the brake until he picked it up from them! I made sure my husband bring my car to my mechanic whom confirmed with me that someone had done something for the piece to break! Meineke of course denied any wrongdoing! Please do not bring your car there!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I took my '05 Lesabre for an oil change. I had a coupon from the internet that offered a $17.95 oil change for up to 5 quarts of 5w30 oil and filter replacement. The car is rated to hold 4 1/2 quarts of oil. The desk man, Jesus, told me that store honors that coupon for only 3 1/2 quarts of oil. I offered to buy another quart to fill it up. He offered me instead a $34.95 oil change with a 30% discount which I believe should bring the price to $24.45. The bill was for an oil change at $.10, 4 quarts of oil at $4.00, oil change labor at $10.00, and an oil filter at $7.95.

The discount turned out to be $11.42, so the job cost $26.63 plus $1.67 sales tax equals $28.30. I reluctantly agreed to the price, figuring that the extra quart of oil would cost me almost $9.00. I paid the bill and drove straight home, about 4 miles. Next morning I checked the oil level, it was one quart low. Now I am even more upset because I apparently paid $28.30 for an oil change that should have cost $17.95 plus tax, and the car got sent out one quart low on oil! I believe the store should honor the coupon as published. The run-around to the higher-priced service upset me, then finding that the car was one quart low after all upset me more. I am sure I am not the first person victimized this way. I am not able to scan the receipt and send it with this review.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I made a reservation for Meineke here in Fairfield. I gave them all the information on the car. I told them I was going to use a coupon. This morning the clerk at Meineke told me that I could not use that coupon because it was not for the car I drive. I was then told the actual cost would be $62. Why wasn't I told that the coupon wasn't good for my car when I made the reservation and gave them the exact same information? So I wasted a week waiting for the reservation and now I have to look around and make a new reservation at another shop...

Original review: June 27, 2020

Meineke impressed me with their fast service, friendliness, and resourcefulness when it came to finding me the best price. I had previously went to Firestone and they were going to charge me double what Meineke charged me, partly because they were going to replace parts that David and Brent were able to repair. Meineke was very thorough and I will be coming to them again when I need any auto work.

Original review: April 6, 2020

This company is so wonderful. They are reputable, professional and down to earth. They have also been around for years. I have referred both friends and other families to them also. I hope they stick around!

Original review: April 5, 2020

Great shop for a car maintenance, very professional, friendly, and efficient service and honest with the customer, clean job. My car running very good any time After the service.. I feel very safe with this shop..

Original review: April 4, 2020

My wife asked Meineke Wylie Tx to do an wheel rotation & alignment. They pointed out that the tires were less than optimal to do the rotation, but did the alignment and charged for that. The next day or 2, we took the car to NTB for new tires and free alignment check. They sent me pictures of the alignment, which was not correct. Let me know if you want to see them. ** Thanks for the opportunity to say, I would not let Meineke shampoo my dog.

Original review: April 2, 2020

They were accommodating. They were fast and professional. The tire I had them repair didn't hold, but the rest of the work was great. The waiting room was lovely, the wifi fast and the restroom was clean. Good company.

Original review: March 30, 2020

After many oil changes and much service done never again will I go there. Paid about 300 and my car was still doing the same thing and they wouldn't help with fixing the issue still going on. I was told to meet the boss at a certain time. I went there and he wasn't there.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Taking your vehicle to Meineke for repairs ask the service manager how long has he or she knows about autos because I knew more than the service manager when I took my auto for repair. He took my auto in. Took the engine apart. Clean the injectors and put back together. With the damage problem the engine light came on again. Brought it back and charge me again twice came to $900.00. I called corporate they took my complaint. If they don't resolve this matter I will take it small claims court.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I had my car fixed at Meineke yesterday 3/24/2020 and I dropped it off at 8:00 am and it was done at 12:00. They had to fix my muffler on the side of my car. I have a body kit on my car and they are the only place I would trust enough to take care of my car. I have been going to them for the past 30 plus years, they are all the nicest people I know and I trust them too.

Original review: March 27, 2020

This is my favorite place to get my car services at. The customer service is always on point. They actually care about how you doing that particular day, and not because it’s their job to be Friendly. Also, the prices are very fair!!

Original review: March 23, 2020

Each time I have visited my local Meineke I have been greeted by name and asked how they could help me. My first instance was about a strange sound when I used the brakes. A few minutes later the car was up on the lift wheel off and I was shown why the brakes were noisy. A quick temporary fix while waiting for new parts that had to be ordered.

A few days later I was called in to have the parts fitted. A good job done. Cost was reasonable. Next visit was for air conditioning not working. Appointment made for a check problem identified. Cost of repair explained and compared with my own knowledge. Again price reasonable. My last visit was a noisy exhaust. Expecting to be told the whole unit needed replacing was surprised when I was told a broken bracket need replacing, One hour later I was driving home once more with my vehicle running quietly again. This time I thought the price was higher than expected.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Great facility. Always prompt. Very cordial and probably fairly priced. They work with me on cost. I just don't like car repairs in general. Carlos is great getting me in fast and doing the repairs timely.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

My experience here at the Merritt Blvd location has been great for years!! All the staff is professional and very thorough with their job. I’ve never had a bad experience here. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Was given a telephone quote on a flat-rate service for the swap out of summer rubber for winter wheels (all mounted/balanced). Upon completion I was billed the amount quoted, plus an additional charge referred to on the receipt called "shop supplies". I neglected to notice this small extra charge immediately, but did take notice of it once home. I called the shop later that same day for an explanation of this charge not referred to in my quote, and was told it was to pay for shop electricity, and gloves, and that this charge was directed from "head office". In calling Meineke's main number I'm told that the shop I'd attended was a franchisee location, and Meineke disagrees with the franchisee, and does not impose such charges, as I was later told in telephone conversation with a staffer at head office.

Remember that I'd requested a quote for a flat-rate service, a common seasonal service at that, and not a request for any sort of estimate, something which commonly allows for an adjustment of up to 10% upwards, so I'd expect my quote to stand, with taxes tacked on of course. I'm feel I'm justifiably ticked that this extra charge was not told me at any time, not in my phone quote and no time while I was waiting for the completion of service, that I only felt suspect to this "gouge", once my change was dealt back to me.

I've been using this service location regularly for a few years for my oil changes, but am currently seeking out a garage to fulfill all of my service needs, but this situation has left a bitter taste. It's hard enough to find a garage where one can trust the staff, and we all know the automobile service industry hasn't the best reputation for fairness to begin with. Well that's my story, and I would recommend readers do their due diligence in shop selection, but I can say that I won't be back.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I wish I didn't have to do this, but no one with authority will call me back. Bryan at Edmonds, WA (the manager) Meineke flat out tried to slip a fast one on me. Promised the rotors turned and new pads installed on my vehicle for 500.00 after I rejected a quote of 587.00 for front pads and new rotors. After they installed the wheels when the job was complete, I asked why they did not turn the rotors.. He stated that they couldn't, that then changed two minutes later to "I'm sorry. You're right. Come back later this week and we will do it, just no hard braking." I understand you can install pads over old rotors and they will bed. When you resurface rotors and install used brake pads it can have an adverse effect. He stated many times that he was working extra hard to earn my business and trust. Well that just went out the door.

The fact that he flat out didn't say anything about not turning the rotors and was just going to let me leave shows his ethics and integrity. How many others have you messed over? This job was after I spent 700.00 the previous week. I would not trust this facility, I don't trust him to work on my vehicle and I will also be filing a complaint with Washington State Attorney General since no one from Meineke cares enough to call back.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

A Meineke dealer would not honour an advertised promotion on Nov.15, 2019, therefore I called Meineke customer service to file a complaint (complaint filed with Flavee). Had no response. I called a week later and was told the matter will be "escalated"....still no response. Here it is December 4, and NOBODY from Meineke has responded to my FALSE ADVERTISING complaint. Based on my experience, I would not trust Meineke to service my car as they could not care less.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Meineke 3766 Robert C Byrd Drive Beckley, WV 25801. I have only just begun using this garage and my experiences there have already convinced me that quality car care definitely takes a back seat to profit. I went in because my car was hesitating. The mechanic that looked at my car told me I needed to have my head gasket replaced because it was leaking fluid. They kept my car for a week and tried to get me to replace the front end cradle bushings, the rear sway bar linkages, and said they found melted wires going to the fuel injectors and had to replace them. They are also trying to talk me into allowing them to flush the radiator in a 23-year-old car and swear that it will not damage the transmission.

The final bill was over $1500. I did not have the car back even half a day when the Check Engine light came on. When I looked under the hood, I found fluid on top of my valve covers, a worm clamp that had fallen down between my air conditioner radiator and the regular one and even the paper instructions for tightening the bolts on the head gasket stuffed in the engine. They had broken the handle off my oil dipstick and made no effort to replace it.

When I took it back for these things and the Check Engine light, they told me the head gasket had not been properly tightened down and was now cracked, but instead of replacing it, they put some kind of silicone goop on it instead. They replaced the dipstick with one that didn't fit and cut it down and cut notches on it so I could use it instead. They twice told me the car was ready, and twice the Check Engine light came back on, once before I left the parking lot and the second time within a half an hour, before I had even had time to go home.

I took the car in at 8 o'clock yesterday morning to find out why the Check Engine light was still on. They said the O2 sensors on the left side needed to be replaced. But they also told me that my power steering pump was leaking. It wasn't when I took it in. I asked them if they had checked to see if the leak was coming from above. The mechanic then slid back a hose cover and turned the wheel and power steering fluid shot out from two different places. If my car had been leaking at that rate, the power steering reservoir would have been empty weeks ago. I had just had all the fluids topped off. They said they would order the hose and I decided to wait because I was not sure how safe the car would be to drive with the leak. They kept me there from 8 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon before they told me the parts place had sent the wrong hose and they would overnight it and it would be there at 7:30 this morning.

They are talking about charging me over $400 to replace the two O2 sensors and the hose, and they have been working on my car for over three weeks. Instead of improving the car's performance, it now vibrates and idles rough which it never did before. To be blunt. their mechanics are trained at finding things to fix, but have absolutely NO skill in actually making repairs. I sat there yesterday listening as people came in for things like an oil change or a safety inspection, and they tried to get them to have new ball joints, tires, control arms, and God knows what else done. They work on the quota system, and they have absolutely no qualms about charging over $80 an hour for labor for guys who shouldn't even be allowed to work at a Jiffy Lube. Do not EVER allow them to do work if you can get it done by your regular mechanic.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I called about the full synthetic oil change 44.95 plus 1 extra quart 10.00 so I drove to Lakewood. When I got there it turned into 5 extra quart a special oil filter. I've gotten oil changes before and never used 10 quarts nor was a special filter required. All a money grab from a woman. I see bad business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I want take a minute and acknowledge a manager at the Firetower location in Greenville, North Carolina. James went above and beyond the scope of his job to help me out with my 1985 BMW 318i. He researched a spindle that was extremely difficult to locate. After I bought two sets of coilovers that didn’t fit. He then purchased them for me on his dime. I’m extremely humbled by his kindness and dedication to his mission of getting the job done. This proved to me that James is stand up guy who has honor and integrity and is willing to step up for his fellow man. I’m retired military, BRAVO ZULU James for a job well done. HMC (SWCC/AW/SWF) ** W

Meineke Company Information