Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.47/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

376 Meineke Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2019

I went for Starter Replacement and they charged me 500 dollars for a cost that should have been around 200 dollars. When I picked up the car and asked for paperwork they were trying not to give it to me. The repair finally admitted that they charged me the extra money to go out to lunch and split the proceeds among the crew. They finally returned two hundred of the 500 dollars I gave them. However, now I suspect it was a minor problem they resolved and they did not replace my starter. Avoid this location at all cost.

Original review: May 1, 2019

A few years ago, I replaced the exhaust assembly with one that came with a lifetime warranty. The location that did the work recently went out of business in Canada and Meineke told me to go to another location but that location refused to honour that warranty. I called customer service and was told over and over that someone will get back to me with a resolution but no one has. This has gone on for over two months... They are simply dishonest and don't care about their customers. Avoid Meineke as they will never honour their commitments. Your money will be wasted with such an dishonest company.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I went to Meineke Car Care Center located in Peachtree City, GA on February 1st, 2019 and explained to them I was experiencing heavy pulsation and shaking of my steering wheel when I get up to speed and go to put on breaks. They told me they would take it back and diagnose it for me. I also had an oil change and wheel alignment done.

They came back and informed me that my front rotors were badly warped and needed to be replaced immediately and that my pulsation and shaking of the steering wheel was originating from it. I gave them the go ahead to go on and replace my front pads and rotors. They informed me that my back rotors were okay and still had life in them. I ended up going back to them two weeks later and informed them that the pulsation and shaking was back. They drove it and looked at it and said the rotors were warped again and that they must have been sent some defective parts. So, they went ahead and replaced them free of charge.

Well approximately a couple of weeks later in March of 2019 I went back to them with the same issue. The pulsation and shaking of my steering wheel had come back again. Well this is where the owner (lady) begin to get rude and wants to point out that it must be my driving causing it and that the calipers must be bad. Well I just wanted my money back at this point so I could just take it to someone else. She informed me that I needed to call corporate and still proceeded to change them out again even though I didn't want that. She also told me that if I brought it back that she would not change them again unless I showed her proof that I had gotten my front calipers done.

Well I took my vehicle to Precision Tune Auto Care for a diagnostic test of my front rotors and calipers. They came back and told me that my calipers were fine but that I needed front pads and rotors again because they are most definitely warped again. All of this makes me wonder if my front rotors and pads were ever changed to begin with.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was charged 45 over the phone and billed 50+tax almost 60 bucks for ten minutes of labor. I had two receipts. They were charging me 2100 to fix issues. I found all of my new parts needed for my brake system for 190 on Amazon and everything he claimed was bad was not. Meineke just added premium parts too. I wasn't given options. I paid my mechanically inclined engineer friend 100. He only wanted 50 bucks for less than an hour of labor. I guess I was a female so they tried to play me. It's their loss. I'm spending money on my project car but I don't want to be screwed over in the process. My friend is fixing it. Stay away from Meineke.

Original review: April 2, 2019

NEVER use MEINKE/MAFIA MUFFLER. Recently, my muffler rusted through and fell off where it joins the tailpipe and I took it to my local Meineke in Asheville, NC (124 Patton Avenue). **, the owner or manager, said, “Great news, it’s just your muffler. The total will be $1385.89 to repair.” $1,400 for a muffler? Why so expensive? ** said, “My ‘parts guy’ says, it’s an older Volvo (2002) and turbo.” My ** meter immediately went off. “I DON’T HAVE A TURBO Volvo, **.” As he stammered to come up with a reasonable response, I found my OEM muffler online for $159. I told him this.

** pretended to be surprised, “Really? Send me the link. I’ll look into it and call you back. Or, you can order it and have it sent here and we’ll install it.” I said, “Sure. Meanwhile, I’ll come get the car. But, is it safe to drive without the muffler?” I asked. “Well, I can’t say for certain because the tailpipe is near the gas tank, which could be dangerous.” It sounded like he was inferring that it might blow up or something. That’s a bunch of crap. They are on opposite sides of the chassis and do you know how hot my car would have to run for me to be in danger?

RESOLUTION: I got my car and muffler and took it around the corner to AFFORDABLE MUFFLER, a highly-reputable owner-run Muffler-Exhaust garage on Haywood Avenue. George, the owner and mechanic, soldered my old muffler back in place within 30 minutes while I waited, for $53. MEINEKE never looked into or offered to reattach my old muffler. Instead, MAFIA MUFFLER tried to over-charge me $1332.89. My advice is never use them.

Also, when I originally called Meineke they told me to use their free Meineke Membership, which would give me 5 free tows per year to them. That, in itself, makes you wonder how good their work is if you may need to be towed to them 5 times within a year. Nevertheless, I signed up for the service. However, no one ever arrived to tow me. I called Meineke Membership three times, yet no one ever came or called me back. Five hours later I eventually called a towing service on my own to take my car to Meineke. And the rest is history.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: March 28, 2019

They are awesome of what they do. First time being there was excellent. Oil change was in time. Matter he said less than an hour and it was. I recommend to get you oil change done here. Very friendly atmosphere.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The man that was behind the counter was so rude from the moment I walked into this establishment that I was completely taken back. It only got worse! When my oil change was done, he said I needed my turbo resealed and quoted me $600-$700. Also, said I needed an oil pan gasket in which he also quoted me $600-$700. I Googled these jobs and the price online was about half the cost in which this man at Meineke quoted me. When I brought this to his attention, he sarcastically said, "oh you one of those googlers? Yeah, and I believe everything I read online too!" I found this to be insulting and completely unprofessional. I would not recommend this establishment to my worst enemy much less a friend or family member.

Original review: March 5, 2019

My 4Runner was having issues, so I took it into Meineke to do a full diagnostic. They ended up changing a few filters, doing the brakes and an oil change. They told me the car was 100% safe to drive, I gave them six hundred dollars and was on my way. Fast forward less than 24 hours later and I am stranded 60 miles away from home with my very pregnant wife and dog on a Sunday. I called Meineke’s towing service and they charged me $300 for a tow truck they never even sent! It took 6 hours to find a towing company to take us home. (Another 400$.) We were almost stranded in 20 degree weather in the middle of nowhere thanks to this company. When I called to tell them what happened, they said they weren’t at fault. $1000 and a broken car later, I’m just out of luck.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

6 Feb 2019 10:30 am. I purchased a Flowmaster muffler online. I took my 2007 Toyota Tacoma pickup to the shop to get it installed. Meineke care center #2735 located on Reisterstown Rd, Pikesville, MD 21208. Tech WM3 informed me it would take some time to install the exhaust pipe muffler and tailpipe. 6 hrs in the shop. I could see 3 or 4 parts trucks delivering pieces of exhaust during this time. I was informed many times the job was near completion. After 5 hrs there a manager came in and asked me if I wanted a ride home.

I'm 71 year old disabled Vietnam veteran. I suffer with many chronic pains. No food or medications, just water. To the completion of this crappy install. 6hrs later. The exhaust pipe and muffler were hanging close to the ground below the leaf springs. I asked the tech if that was the best he could do? He said yes. Now I'm very upset and not satisfied with the work $300.00 I paid the shop. I informed Meineke corporate on the phone requesting my money refunded to me. I took my truck to Toyota where I should have taken it first. They removed Meineke’s so unprofessional crap, and replaced the exhaust pipe, muffler, and tailpipe with Toyota parts $780.00. I want my $300.00 refunded.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My 1983 Ranger had an exhaust leak and a hole in the muffler during my Vegas trip last week. I took her to a Meineke Muffler repair in North Vegas. Well I got ripped off. My bad for not checking the BBB on my phone before going there. Found today 7 days after exhaust leak came back they just used red silicone at the catalytic gasket area, just no gasket. They took me for $490 to fix leak and install a new muffler using existing old rusted clamps. After getting home I found the closest Meineke is 100 miles away. I'll do it myself to make sure it's done right. Order gaskets from eBay today. I hate getting suckered.

Meineke Company Information