Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.47/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

376 Meineke Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Never go to the Meineke in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I went for a simple oil change and after they told me my vehicle was ready I tried to open the door and the latch comes off in my hand and superglue is all over my hand. They broke the exterior handle on my driver's side door and the manager without any apology precedes to tell me, as if I'm stupid, that the latch was previously superglued on. They refused to do anything about it so I filed a complaint with the district manager. I have not received a call back yet. If there's no call back by this week I might just have to go to my local news station.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

This shop was an absolute nightmare to deal with. In my experience, their staff and owner acted completely unprofessional, quoted me price estimates and projected completion times, only for them to take two and half weeks beyond the time they initially told me things would be finished. On top of everything, when they finally returned my car, it had denting and scratches. The owner attempted to pass the buck, only to then try to say that I could leave it longer and they would take care of it. After the entire ordeal, there was no way I was trusting my car to their shop anymore - I then had to go through insurance to have the bodywork handled.

Above this, the owner refused to acknowledge my coupon, which is the entire reason I brought my car here to begin with. I let him read the fine print, and when he couldn't find a reason to not accept it, he just flat out said no. Meineke corporate said that shops are independent. Poor representation of the Meineke brand and a poor experience with thinking the brand would look after its customers. A completely awful experience from start to finish, my opinion was that the owner is completely unprofessional. Would never trust my car with them for any work in the future under any circumstances.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I took my car to be serviced at the location in Horn Lake, MS and paid for an expensive service and still picked my car back up with the same issues. I took it back and he diagnosed the problem in five minute saying he didn't catch the day before. They did not do a proper job AT ALL, and only wanted the money out of the service and not to really fix my car issue. Clay was rude and did not care that he cheated me out of my money and a service that I really didn't need. They changed prices and told me it would be one price, then turned around and said another.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

MEINEKE REVIEW - This company Located on Pimlico Parkway in Lexington Kentucky is an incompetent business and the manager or owner who’s name is Charlie ** in my opinion is a con artist. I took my vintage pickup truck to Meineke on Pimlico Parkway last month to have dual exhaust installed and a couple oil leaks repaired at a cost of approximately $850.00. When I picked the truck 3 days later, they had installed the exhaust, but the tail pile was crooked. The oil leaks were not repaired. I took the truck back 4 more times during the next 3 weeks, but the leaks were still not repaired. I was told by Charlie that there were other leaks and he charged me an additional $450.00.

I was then told the truck was finished and picked it up, only to find the next day after sitting all night in my garage that the leaks that I paid to be repaired had gotten worse. I took the truck back and every day I was given a different excuse by Charlie why my truck was not ready. Excuses such as: the parts has to order the part, or the parts truck broke down or the sent the wrong part or I don’t have the correct tool to install the part, etc.

After Meineke had the truck for 8 days, I was told the truck was finally finished. I picked the truck up and Charlie then told me that the leak was not completely taken care of and he had ordered yet another part to fix it. I decided to not take it back for any further work, but rather asked Charlie for a partial refund so that I could find a reputable repair shop to do the work. Of Course he refused to give a refund. I then contacted Meineke Customer service and they are a joke as well. I was told that they had spoken to Charlie and he would finish the work properly. This fly by night company should not be in business and I will never do business with any of Meineke’s shops again. Consumer Beware.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I took my car in because my window would not roll up. They ended up putting in the wrong part which blew a fuse. While they were trying to fix that they cut a wire which caused a problem with my transmission. Even though the technician admitted to causing the problem, the manager said there was no way to prove they caused the problem and said it was "bad timing." They refused to pay for the problems they caused including the fuse and transmission and still wanted me to pay for the window. I went in for a window issue and by the end of it my car was not even driveable. They had my car for over a week and I had to get it towed to the dealership to fix the transmission issue. The manager is not honest or reliable. I will never go back there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meineke?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Ok took my truck to Meineke in Bridgeport Ohio 43912 to have 2 transmission lines replaced local parts store same place. They get them 19$ and 21$. Person said be 60$ plus parts. Went got my truck. It was 281$$. Told him should of called me. I'd came got truck, did it myself. Said 4 hours labor and a tool need to do it with a screwdriver. I can do this but due to health problem with my head I can lay flat and get up without falling and be down for days till it clears up and sad. I've worked with this shop for long time. Like I said should of called me. I'd went got it, did turn this in to their main office. Wonder how many other they give cheapest then hit them up for big bucks. Beware of Meineke of Bridgeport Ohio!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Hi, Just got my car serviced on Saturday 09/22/2018. It has been an awful experience getting my car serviced at Meineke. When I drove my car today to New York airport after servicing, I could find that there was engine oil dripping out of the car and smoke coming out. When we opened the bonnet, we found there was no cap on the Engine Oil box and all the oil was spilled over the machine and it was smoking. Absolutely, unprofessional service and really putting someone's life in danger if someone does not notices it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My brakes went out, so I went to Meineke to have them perform the Free brake inspection. If you look at their advertisement for it, it clearly states they inspect the brake hoses, calipers, rotors and master ignition for free. I went into store 2275 in South Elgin where I dealt with Dennis D’Onofrio the owner. He told me that the inspection would have to go to the lift for diagnosis which costs $50. Because the free inspection he just looks at the car. You CANNOT inspect brake hoses and line unless you are underneath the car. As my car is on the lift this incompetent clown tells me my differential is leaking. Which it wasn’t. It was clearly the busted brake hose dripping onto it. He tried to add it on my bill for $190 but I declined service because it didn’t need work! Apparently the mechanics thought I was doing that service and they tried to remove a bolt and ended up breaking one inside the housing.

I didn’t notice this until the next day because I never agreed to service on the differential. As I went to pay I asked him again how he inspects brakes with your it being on a lift. This joker told me he inspects brakes like that all the time. I told him the free inspection was false advertisement. He turns to his mechanics and says “This guy thinks you should work for free, so I won’t pay you guys tonight, you can go home with no paycheck” then calls me a “** cheap guy” as he walks away. Furious, I called customer service and built a case. The person handling my case was just as incompetent as the owner. I mentioned the damage they did and he told me if I wanted to dispute charges to take it up with the owner! They sent me back to the unprofessional thief to see if he will pay for damages.

As I confronted him I video recorded the incident and he tried to take my phone away from me then aggressively bumped me and put his fist in a punching manner. This OWNER was going to assault me for calling him out on the damage done to my car! Nonetheless I called the police and filed a report. The same incompetent case handler then told me that the owner told him, that they will not be resolving the damages done to my car and agreed with him that the diagnostics they ran on my brake line was valid to be charged. It was literally and inspection to see that a hose was dripping while on the lift. After I explained that this owner tried to assault me I asked how they can allow this person to represent their company like that? He basically told me corporate won’t do anything since the owner (that tried to assault me) had final say.

This man is a fraud trying to charge people for services they don’t need and lied about damage to my car and corporate sat behind him. This is unacceptable and absolutely appalling. I will NEVER take my car to another Meineke and make sure that my network of people do the same. This company stood behind a man who charged me for something that was advertised as free, damaged my car and denied it and resolution for the damages and allow him to continue running the franchise after he attempted to assault me for confronting him about the damage he did to my car. This company basically condoned the theft and the violence. This is an outrage.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I went to the MEINEKE IN PEACHTREE CITY, GEORGIA on two different days. I had made an appointment online and picked the 11:30 a.m. slot & in the notes, I had stated that I needed my alternator changed. I had been seen on Aug 18th with an appointment for my air conditioner needed Freon and I informed her that my engine light had came on. The store shop owner name PAM said she would have the mechanic check it, and informed me that it was my transmission. When I got my vehicle back I went home, then I had to go to the store, and while driving my battery light comes on and touching on the 9 which is very low. I take it to another shop and they put it on the diagnostic machine and tells me that my alternator is bad and that was the reason for my engine light being on and that there wasn't anything wrong with my transmission.

I arrived to Meineke on time and when I stated to the Shop Mgr PAM that I had an 11:30 a.m. appointment and the reason for my appointment, she stated to me that she wasn't for sure if she could do it because the system generated 30 mins for an alternator change and it normally would take 1hr. I then stated to her that I have an appointment and I stated in the notes alternator change so It's not my fault that the system generated 30 mins. She accused me of picking 30 mins and I had told her that there was no way for me to pick how long a job would take. I then tried to show her how I did it and she told me that she didn't want to see it because she didn't know anything about how the website appointment worked. I told her that I can show her and she said that she didn't care and didn't want me to show her.

I then begin to tell her that I had called another Meineke location and asked them how long would it take to swipe out my alternator and they told me 30 mins. I informed her of that conversation and she said she didn't care because it's her store and she was charging me for an hour. I asked her did she know the number to the corporate office, and she stated to me that Corporate doesn't pay my bills here nor do they tell me what to do with my shop. So I just said alright then, because I wasn't about to get into an arguing match with her. Then she says to me, I really don't accept parts bought in, and I told her since when does Meineke or any shop not let you bring in parts that you purchase from a store and not put them on a person's vehicle.

I informed her that being military and constantly moving around, I have always done business in every state with Meineke and never not once did they tell me I couldn't purchase my parts myself. I was charged labor in each of those states to put on my parts, but never refused service all because I purchased the parts myself, which saved me a little money, and Meineke still got paid for labor. And I understood if I didn't purchase Meineke parts then my parts weren't warranty with Meineke. I understood that. When I informed her of all this, she said she didn't care once again and that it was her shop not corporate shop. And that she can refuse whatever she wanted. Now even if she is a franchise store, she still holds the name Meineke and should live up to Meineke expectations & customer service. I wasn't happy at all, and I felt cheated out of my hard earned money.

They pulled my vehicle in and I started my time and watched to make sure that once my vehicle was in, that they wouldn't try to walk away from it and ride the 1hr time out. My vehicle is a 2000 Chevy Blazer, and I myself had changed my alternator in my driveway by myself well within 30 mins, because everything is on top and so easy to get to. I couldn't do it this time due to having major surgery 2 weeks ago and can't do anything for 6 months. That's why I chose for Meineke to do it for me because they always treated me good in the past. So as I watched she stated to me that I didn't have to watch and I told her that I wanted to. So once they got the alternator on and charged my battery which was a brand new battery only 2 weeks old. They pulled it out and it took them 31 mins total.

When I informed her of how long it took, she stated to me once again that she didn't care and overcharged me by having to pay for an hr. I ask her did they have a 30 min charge and she said yes, but again I'm charging you the 1hr that I stated to you before beginning the work. She also upset another customer who was very unhappy with the work on her vehicle and wanted to talk to the mechanic who worked on her vehicle, and she stated to that customer that she wasn't allowed to talk to the mechanic and couldn't. Now I have never in my life heard of a shop manager refusing to allow the customer to talk to the mechanics, especially if the mechanic was the one who worked on that vehicle. She was very nasty and unprofessional and representing Meineke name on her shop.

I also take my hard earned money and trust Meineke to treat me well and with respect. I'm to the point, I don't want to do business with Meineke anymore because the only one closest to me is in Peachtree City which is her shop. She's giving Meineke a bad name and bad reputation. I hope this can get resolved and not swept under rug. I hope there will be consequences for her actions, and hold her accountable. I know I won't be getting my money back, what a shame.

I still have more work on my vehicle that I need done, but I think I'll give that business to someone else who knows how to treat, speak and talk to their customers. You might want to think twice before having your vehicle service at Meineke in Peachtree City, GA because PAM the Owner don't know how to treat, or talk to her customers, and she cheats you out of your hard earned money. I now drive a hour away to the next city to have my vehicle service, or have my vehicles towed a hour away to be service. This site does not care about their customers, nor how they demonstrate integrity regarding their work. The staff here in Peachtree City, GA has no interpersonal skills whatsoever. I would not refer or suggest anyone to bring their car to this shop for any kind of repairs.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Nette from Killeen Tx, went to have my serpentine belt replaced. Mind you have had my car for 8 yrs and have never had any problems with it so 2 days after having the belt replaced I'm at the gas station and my A/C stops blowing cold, car starts smoking and I lift up the hood and my power steering fluid is spraying everywhere. It's now at the shop with a broken Power steering hose due to the serpentine belt tensioner not being adjusted when the new belt was put on. Could of blew my whole engine. **. $513.00 So far. Hopefully that's it!

Meineke Company Information