4.23/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

13 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

2017 Sonata is my 5th one. I have never had any problems with any of them. Good on gas, quiet ride, enough room for 5 people, and good size trunk. Good in rain and snow, too.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Hyundai Sonata is as reliable as any car as I have ever had, inexpensive to maintain, and virtually no repairs over 154,000+ miles. No other car I have ever owned has done so well.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2018

This my 3rd Sonata Hybrid. They just keep getting better. The 2017 has the battery under the vehicle so there's a full trunk now. I have taken two 1200 mile trips and have averaged over 42 miles per gallon.

Original review: May 4, 2018

WHILE MY HYUNDAI SONATA IS A 2004 BOUGHT NEW, I HAVE TO REPORT THAT IT HAS BEEN A MOST DEPENDABLE CAR. With not much more than routine maintenance, 2 new batteries, a new set of tires, new brakes, oil changes, and gas, it has dependably rolled on and on and on. We are ready for a new set of tires and to replace some blown fuses, but this car will probably still be rolling on when I go to my grave. (71) We are neither one shiny and new anymore, but she wears her years well.

Original review: May 3, 2018

The 2013 Hyundai Sonata SE has a surprisingly peppy engine for a 4 cylinder, although the seats can be more comfortably designed. The car never quite gets the alleged 35mpg on the highway, but that can be due to the diluted gasoline we get, mixed with ethanol. Another government scam foisted on the public, to benefit corn growers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai Sonata?

Original review: April 30, 2018

Hyundai Sonata looks and runs great & it's a awesome pleasure to drive. It's the fourth Hyundai we've had. It's built to give my family & myself a very safe & comfortable drive.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My 2013 Hyundai Sonata is reliable as it is beautiful. It's the first brand new car I ever purchased. It was a lot of bang for the buck. I've had a Cadillac, a Camry and a Maxima, but this car is very comfortable, energy efficient, and it has never been in for repairs - only one new set of brakes and one new set of tires. I've never once had a problem with it. I would purchase this car again in a heartbeat.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I purchased my Sonata brand new in October 2014. I had to regretfully leave it behind in September 2015 as we are now in Japan for 3 to 5 years. I could not ship the vehicle and since I was not authorized storage reimbursement we elected to leave behind for college student son to use. The short time I got to drive I really enjoyed plus got most of the added features that was a plus.

Original review: April 28, 2018

You need an extended electronics warranty. Hyundai Sonata Hybrids start to go at 39,000 miles. Thank goodness, I had a zero deductible warranty for a 100,000 miles.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This Sonata is my 6th Hyundai in 7 years. The cars look great, good design, everything you need for accessories is included. Great cars. They are quiet inside, I always buy the turbo models, great performance. The sound systems are very good quality too.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I purchased two Sonatas in past 6 years. One a 2011 model & the second a 2016. Both cars are performing well and the updates over years has increased greatly. The service dept at my dealer is excellent and free car washes for life of car.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Sonata - The paint on the exterior peeled off. I went to the dealer and he would not back the paint 'warranty'. For Hyundai it is 36000, regardless of age. The paint problem really made me mad. When I went to a paint shop, I was told Hyundai has had a problem for 10 years and they know it. The so-called 100000 warranty is also fraud. Try to use warranty, it gets technical and ends up costing you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Hyundai offers a great product at a decent price. Their warranty and service are excellent. This is my second Sonata! It is reliable and durable. Plus, the limited edition comes loaded!

Hyundai Sonata Company Information