2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

3.9/5 (1886 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Hyundai Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

My 2020 Elantra SEL is not even a year old yet, it has 5,000 miles. I brought it in for routine oil change and to get my tail light fixed (btw that broke with no warning after I went through a car wash but anyway). I see there is a recall so I get that checked as well only to find out my car has failed the recall and needs a brand new engine installed. It will take 4-6 weeks MINIMUM. I am going on a long drive in 10 days to visit a sick family member. I need my car. I also need it for work.

I am in disbelief that this car is under a year old and needs a brand new engine. That is literally the most insane thing I've ever heard in my life. I have already been without a car for several days and now I find out I won't have my car for 4-6 weeks?? I will be in a rental. This is causing me an enormous amount of stress and is inconveniencing me beyond belief.

Not to mention all this time I have been driving a literal death trap. It could have caught fire at any moment. I am literally trying not to think about that for my own mental health. Imagine if I did not manage to get my car serviced before my long trip and it exploded on the road and killed me or someone I love. I am truly beside myself at how bad of a company Hyundai is. I want them to contact me and let me know how they will make this right. For starters, I expect a reimbursement on my car payment for the time I will not have my car. Why am I paying for something I can't even drive? This is insane.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

2021 iconic does not support Apple phones even though they have Apple iplay icon in car. USB port does not work either. Although there is one in the car. Salespeople do not know this. Salesperson said my iPhone would work in the car. It does not. I sent an email to customer service. The form letter they sent back said they put what they feel the customer wants in the car. Really? Do you believe the customer doesn’t want to be able to use iPhones (really). And I mean any generation iPhone. I cannot use my phone GPS with Apple iplay or even my phone. Why would anyone not want to be able to use their iphone functions in a 2021 new car. No help or assistance from dealer or Hyundai. Will never buy a Hyundai again. They do not stand by their cars or even offer any type of resolution. Beware.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

We had a Santa Fe and loved it but was looking for something newer for our retirement vehicle. The new Santa Fe was bigger and didn't want a bigger vehicle. We drove the newer Tucson and loved it and bought it the same day. It fit all our needs and been so happy with it. The staff is friendly and when we bought it, it was 0% interest for 9 years which we plan to pay off way by then. This is one satisfied customer.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Never trusting the brand again. Just 4.5 years old car and all paint is coming off from roof. They can’t repair it without removing the front and back glasses which is going to break and it will cost me extra 700-1000$.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Single mother of 3 small children. Barely scraping by only to have my Hyundai that is still under warranty blow the engine. Drop it off at dealership and was told a week till they could look at it. It’s been a month! And $1400 in rental car fees that I don’t have! Now I am completely without a vehicle and NO ONE, not consumer affairs, case manager, service dept itself can give me at the very least an ETA on when I can have my car back. Pathetic way to run a company. The guy who sold me this lemon at Hyundai of Fort Myers, the people refusing to call me back at Gainesville Hyundai and Corporate Hyundai who basically just say “I’m sorry” but have no solution. I want to thank you for putting my job on the line and leaving me and my kids stranded. I will never buy another Hyundai again!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Don’t use Hyundai’s emergency roadside assistance. They left my wife stranded in 105 degrees in rush hour traffic on a busy highway. She had a flat tire and called Hyundai Emergency Roadside Assistance and two hours later they canceled her tow. They blamed it on AAA. They said to call our own towing company and we would get reimbursed. Four months later no reimbursement. Hyundai roadside assistance is worthless and dangerous.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I took out a 2 year lease on a Hyundai Tucson. It was extended to 3 years because of lockdown. The contract mileage was 10000/pa but I returned the car with less than 20000 on the clock. No consideration was given for the reduced mileage. A lot of my friends leased vehicles with other companies but were given discounts for their reduced mileage. This was the only company that I have used who have not made allowances for this. It is the last time that I will ever use them again. It's a shame as I loved the car!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

This is how they rope you in to buying their crummy cars “We have American’s best Warranty.” Don’t ever expect to use it though when you need it. They’ll do everything in their power to get out of having to pay to fix your car when something goes wrong. In my case, my whole electrical system fried within less than two years of having the car. Thinking I had “American’s Best Warranty” I thought, no big deal I’ll bring it in and they’ll fix it. Well, no, they tried to claim an animal chewed through my wires so it wasn’t covered by the warranty and I had to go through my insurance to have it fixed. Mind you, this is before I found out there was a class action lawsuit filed against this company for cars with unexpected engine and electrical failures and them failing to make repairs and weaseling their way out of them.

They kept my car for 10 weeks trying to fix the issue and every time they fix one issue they would call back and say “oh turns out this is also wrong with your car because of the animal, you have to go through your insurance and put in another supplemental claim.” After 8,000 paid by my initial insurance claim and two supplemental claims of a 1000 a piece and a 500 deductible from me, they gave me back my car that still doesn’t work and still having electrical problems. Their response, we’ll diagnose the problem for 300 dollars to figure out what’s wrong with it now and now they want me to put in another supplemental claim due to another wire that was frayed due to “animal damage.” I can’t even trade the car in because no other dealer wants it due to all the problems and I still have 12,000 left to pay and a car that doesn’t function right.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Leased a vehicle and when I got the seatbelt wouldn’t work. Had to take it In, yr later AC stopped working. Car has been at dealer for 4 days and they don’t know when it will be done. No compensation, wouldn’t give me a rental nor any help from Corporate. They said they will call me back in 10 business days. They leased me a LEMON and left me hanging in every way. I do not recommend Hyundai or any of their parent companies because they don’t care about the consumer whatsoever. Worst experience of my life, never again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I spoke with Lindsey in Corporate. I was told that the paint warranty had expired and nothing could be done. The hood was deplorable. I want something to offset my $600 repair costs, free tune-ups, free oil changes.

Hyundai Company Information