3.38/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Hyundai Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2019

My daughter was driving my 2011 Hybrid Sonata home from Florida when the engine seized in Georgia. It was towed to Peacock Hyundai where they helped my daughter tremendously by getting her another vehicle to finish her trip home. Since the engine wouldn’t be there in a timely matter, Hyundai gave us fair market value for the vehicle. Everyone that we dealt with was very helpful. I would recommend Peacock Hyundai of Georgia and also the Hyundai products.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Dan was the man that helped me choose my car. I sort of new what I wanted but his thoughtfulness concerning price and payments was second to none. He also picked us up as we had no car due an accident. He ran through every aspect of what I needed the car for. Many thanks to all at the showroom supplying us coffee while we chose. So to all at the Newport showroom a big thank you and the car well that is just great. I love it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Love my Santa Fe. Never had problems. My question is to the manufacturer. An idea for you guys. Make a 4 by 4 Santa Fe just like a Jeep Cherokee. Lifted a little higher like a Jeep Cherokee. It would be a great competition. What you think Hyundai?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Not happy with AC drainage system or Checks before delivery, AC drainage continue after engine stops - I did checks for more than 2 weeks from office to home and home to office. The drain continue even after 4 hours or 7 hours of engine stops in form of droplets.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

This 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, is my 7th Santa Fe since 2001. I love the car. More room than the Toyota Rav 4, or the other SUV's in this class. As of now, there is a recall for the car. I have spoken to several owners who have had the recall fixed, and the problems with it are a nightmare. The updated software obviously isn't doing the job. The car will slow down (at any given time) if the software registers a problem. I drive on highways all the time, with my 2 yr. old grandson in the car. I cannot afford for the car to indiscriminately slow down when I have a tractor trailer or other cars driving behind me at 70 - 80 miles per hour.

I offered to sign a waiver to say I do not want the recall done. They wont do it as they feel it is a safety issue. My car is fine. The fixed software issue is the real safety issue. I called the corporate office, who is referring me to a case manager. But the corporate office already said if there is a safety recall, the have to fix it, period. I asked him if there is a form that Hyundai will sign to say if I get into an accident because of the recall, that I hold them responsible for that. They cannot do that. Not that I thought they will. But I would like to have it on record, here, that I do not want it fixed, and if it is fixed, and I have a severe accident that I or my family will sue the Hyundai company. Unfortunately, my family will have lost myself and my 2 year old grandson if this should happen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Beware brand new vehicle tire blow out!!!! To make a long story short, I am a car enthusiast and previously a Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, and Volkswagen buyer. After hearing my co-workers speak well about the Hyundai product I decided to give it a try and went well for a few years until a couple of months ago. Just recently accompanied my in-laws to purchase their 2019 Hyundai Sante Fe Limited, shortly after a couple months ago they had a side wall blow out from the right rear tire by simply going down the road without striking any debris or objects on the road with only having 2000 miles on there new car! We were prompted to call the tire manufacture by the dealers service department to find out it was Continental Tires when owners manual stated we were suppose to have Hankook or Kumho tires? Called Continental and AND THEY STATED TIRES DO NOT HAVE ANY WARRANTY!!!!

I WILL (NEVER) BUY ANY CONTINENTAL TIRES OR A HYUNDAI AGAIN! Due to the fact that manufacturers don't care about consumers' safety or welfare, this tire blowout was very similar to the Firestone defective tires back in the day that caused many lives sadly. Basically if Hyundai is putting a tires on there cars that are defective and neither want to take responsibly by making it right for the consumer, frankly it's not worth buying!!

My In-laws sadly ended up paying for a new tire $258.00 plus install because Continental said their tires have no warranty! I just recently finishing purchasing a new Mazda, and when my in-laws are done with this Hyundai it will be their last!! FYI also you might want to have it in writing on new car tire warranty because this was a lesson learned experience with tires, reason for buying new cars is so that you don't have to be buying parts, tires, or car repair. Hopefully this will help someone in the near future. Thank you for reading.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I called Hyundai assurance re my Tuscon. I bought a two year lease. I am covered. I called 3 pm to make a case for towing later in evening. I called at 9 pm to have tow. The guy came and said he can't do it because it is parked behind a car and in front of another. He left me stranded. I called hyundia back. They told me stop complaining and hung up. This is useless totally. I waited till 7 am to call my Geico who picked up car no issue and dropped it at service. When I called them in the morning they said I have no coverage cause I live in burrows. Seriously disturbing. I like my car but the poeple and service are zeros.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Purchased a 2013 veloster turbo in feb 2014 off showroom floor... Purchase price 39 588 with extended warranty which at time of purchase was told warranty was bumper to bumper... Not long into owning the car problems started... Sensors navigation power windows airbag replacement just to name a few... All covered by Hyundai warranty... Now at 114 km was informed car needs new engine... which of course extended warranty will not cover... They deemed it normal wear and tear... Really?... When I complained to canada hyundai and ontario hyundai nobody wants to pay for it... Customer service at hyundai canada was appalling. Was basically told "Oh well too bad you are on your own"... Would not even give me a number for corporate hyundai...

Now my question is... This make and model has already had a recall on the engine... Hyundai fix a computer upgrade. My question is how can hyundai canada sell this car on the market knowing from the get go this 2013 turbo had engine problems... Supposedly by the 2014 model they fixed the issues... Unfortunately this does not help me... The attitude from canada hyundai when I approached them for a fix was... not their problem... Would not do one thing to help me... Washed their hands of it... Hyundai canada once they get your 40.000 dollars that's it... I asked them who pays 40.000 for a car and needs an engine replacement at 114 000 km... HYUNDAI... Their customer service needs revamped... So disappointed in Hyundai's reaction...

Would advise do not purchase hyundai as they certainly do not stand behind their product... They passed off the problem to the consumer. This is a prime example of a cheaply manufactured car for a very expensive price... Hyundai canada would not help me at all... Very rude and unprofessional head office... My advice stay away from purchasing a Hyundai veloster turbo or any hyundai product... When you have problems with their vehicle they are certainly not going to help you, as was proven in this case... Totally gobsmacked at Hyundai's response...

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Recently, my brakes began failing on my 50k mile Genesis coupe. The mechanic diagnosed the problem as a HECU failure similar to the basis of a recall on Genesis sedans. There are other similar failures noted on the NTSB website and various websites. I called Hyundai as the problem is a design defect. Their only response was to tell me that they won't do anything because my warranty is up. In the past, a fire hazard in Sonatas that was the subject of a recall was "fixed" by setting the cars to stop working if there is danger of fire. Hyundai is not a dependable car, or company and puts its drivers at risk.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Driving a new 2019 Tuscon Elite AWD. Car is good but had a alignment/steering issue from day one. Issue was addressed after four attempts and four months, although at a Ford Dealership. No issue with vehicle or even local dealerships. Issue for me is with the parent support team in CA. After months of steering issue finally opened a case with Hyundai Corporate.

Cutting to chase, the folks in corporate are rude, did zero to help or expedite addressing issue and essentially deflected any liability what-so-ever. They opened a case I thought to help me, then never followed up, returned calls, answered emails - absolutely nothing! So again decent SUV, great value, but absolutely the 100% worst national customer support line I've ever had the dissatisfaction of working with. If you a like a good value, then Hyundai is a safe bet. If if you also like a fair and open OEM who is concerned with customer feedback with new car issues, then run as fast as you can from Hyundai based on this writer's firsthand experience.

Hyundai Company Information