Hyundai

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My 2016 sonata is a month old. The adaptive cruise system has failed and initiated an emergency stop while driving. The driver door is misaligned and allows road noise into the cabin and water into the "sealed" part of the door. The driver's side windshield wiper is misaligned and fumbles across the windshield making all sorts of noise. When I went to Hyundai of Serramonte the service clerk directed me first to a body shop. Then to the Hyundai where I purchased the car since it was a different dealer. Then told me the problem was normal and pointed to a far off car and said something like all doors are like that. We then walked over to the other car so I could show him the weather stripping on the other car does not create a gap like is on my car. He then said I can make an appointment if I want and walked off.

Purchased Hyundai Sonata 2007 model in November of 2006. Paint started to peel in September of 2009, while car still under warranty. However, I thought I'd hit something and did not bring paint problem to customer service at dealership (Shawnee Mission Hyundai in Lenexa, Kansas, area). Nonetheless, the service department should have seen it and known it was not right. In 2010 brought paint issue to attention of dealership and manager said it was a bad paint job and asked me to wait until regional rep came in to see my car. He left or was fired. Took this up with second manager who also said the problem was a Hyundai issue and should be taken up with the regional manager. This manager left or got fired and then I took the issue up with a third Service Department Manager at Shawnee Mission Hyundai. He also said he thought the problem was a Hyundai issue.

I took pictures and met with the regional manager who insulted me saying it was "normal wear and tear". He offered a 10% discount on repair which was NOT acceptable to me. Then I took it up to corporate and after further delays we're now in the year 2013 or so. Corporate said "NOT OUR PROBLEM." So, go to the internet and google Hyundai paint jobs to see what kind of inferior painting they're doing with their autos. My car is white "pearl" and I've found numerous pictures of Sonatas with the same issue. So, here's my solution. Shawnee Mission Hyundai in the Kansas City area has lost me as a customer, including the $5,000 in repairs I'm incurred from normal wear and tear and maintenance. Also, I'm not buying their Santa Fe I was planning to buy.

Suggest you stay away from Hyundai automobiles because, based upon my experience, they won't stand behind their work. Also, bought a "Bumper to Bumper" extended warranty from Shawnee Mission Hyundai when purchased the car. Their Bumper to Bumper extended warranty did NOT cover the paint job. So NEVER BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM HYUNDAI. There is no bumper to bumper warranty - it was just sales hype by Shawnee Mission Hyundai sales staff. There it is. My report. Do with it what you will; but I am not buying another Hyundai and recommend that you don't either.

I purchased my first Hyundai two years ago! After hearing nothing but glowing reviews about the company and the cars dependability. Sadly I can't say I have seen any of that! After 12+ trips to your dealerships for service issues this purchase has left me with nothing but regret. I have taken my vehicle to two separate dealerships in Nashville in hopes of receiving better service. I have time and time again been left disappointed. The car dies while driving down the road and all anyone can tell me is that it must be bad gas or I'm letting it get too low before refilling. They have even given me lesson on how to pump gas which is an insult to my intelligence. My touch screen dash went out only to get replaced with a dash that was even more broken than the one I drove in with. I was left to drive around with a none functioning dashboard till yet another could be ordered.

Recently after taking it to an outside mechanic even more issues were brought to my attention that in all the times your dealers have had the car were never even mentioned to me! The recall work on my rear brakes (which I was never even informed had been recalled!) wasn't holding up my rear brakes were still malfunctioning and causing wear to my front brakes. In addition to the fact that my car's rotational tires were on backwards! It saddens me to think a company so well noted for its customer service in the twelve times it had my car never took the time to even look at my car long enough to notice such simple things as tires and brakes! This level of neglect has made me feel unsafe to drive a car from a company who can take my safety and the safety of others on the road so carelessly for granted.

I initially purchased the car for 16,995 before taxes and now less than two years later they are telling me the value of my car is a mere 8,995. Seeing as how no one has stepped up and taken accountability for these issues it seems my only choice is to go online and post reviews. I just don't understand how this level of service has become acceptable? What happened to your morals and value?

I bought a 2011 Hyundai Sonata last year in April 2015. I bought it used with about 89k miles on it. Up until Sep. 25th 2016, the car has been working perfectly. But about a week before that date, I noticed how badly the car was burning up oil. I was putting a quart in it every week because it would read low. On the 24th, I was driving with my 1 year old in the car and all the sudden the car started making a clanking noise. Thank God I made it home that night because I wasn't sure if I would without the car breaking down. When I got home, I turned the car off and turned it back on and it just sounded terrible. Sounded as if the whole engine was falling apart. The next day, I knew I wasn't going to be able to drive it.

I called Columbia Hyundai in Cincinnati and I took it there to the shop on the 28th. They discovered that my car was part of the motor recall for that model car and that my car needed a new engine. It is now Nov. 9th 2016 and my car still has not been fixed. It's been in the shop for 6 weeks now. They still have a car in their shop from July that hasn't gotten a motor. I just got off the phone with them and they said it will maybe be the 1st week of December when they start getting motors. Shouldn't they have started mass producing these motors knowing there was a recall on the engine for thousands of cars? Makes no sense to me. Thankfully, Hyundai is 100% paying for the new motor and the rental car I am using. However, I am still making a payment every month on a car I do not have and I have asked Hyundai to reimburse me for this and they refuse to do so. Not very satisfied with Hyundai right now.

I bought a Hyundai Accent 2016 as a compact car for the city in late April 2016. The test drive was short; I did not notice any issue then. After a few weeks driving small distances every other day, I noticed that my back was getting stiff, my neck also, and I developed acute pain in the sciatic nerve. Every bump on the road made it less and less bearable. Early July, I had to drive the car on much longer distances through the city... By the third day I was crippled in bed with excruciating pain.

As I was contemplating the ceiling wondering how I was going to take my dog out and feed the kids, I realized that the last time this had happened, 25 years ago, I had bought a Hyundai Excel and I had not linked the pain to the car! Instead I spent thousands of dollars at a chiropractor and on pain killers; saddened that I had a bad back at such a young age. I had no idea a seat could be so badly built; also the suspension could be so weak and of bad quality, that it could injure our backs. In between I bought a Volvo to raise a family; then a Lexus; and I had no problem even during pregnancy or after moving stuff from house to house.

This time, I went online and yes, many others also experience back pain in a Hyundai. Doing yoga, bicycling and being fit, my age is not related to the problem, I told the dealer when I brought the car back. He offered 14 000 dollars in July to take my 20 000 dollars Hyundai back. He tried to sell to me a Sonata or an Elantra 2017 for an extra four thousand dollars. I refused. I simply cannot afford such a loss. Online I had found that many others also report acute back problems with these Sonata and Elantra. I contacted Hyundai Canada and they told me to try another dealership, that there was nothing they could do.

I researched and ordered two orthopedic cushions and back support to help. I still have a sensitive back. It is manageable, as long as I do not do long drives. Otherwise I feel stiff and need special care and rest when I get out of the car. My yoga practice has suffered from this and I no longer contemplate becoming a yoga instructor. So please DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SUCH DAMAGE TO YOUR BACK. I will sell this car as soon as possible and will never own a Hyundai again. The second time was one too many. Now I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

I purchased a new sonata about 4 months ago. Love the car except when I push the gas the car hesitates then jumps forward. This is very concerning and dangerous when sitting in traffic or trying to merge. Guess I should have checked the reviews but we had had 2 other Hyundai cars without this problem.

This morning I found my front passenger tire completely deflated in the parking lot of my apartment complex, right as I was trying to get to work. I reached out to Hyundai's roadside assistance hotline and I spoke with Bridget, who was so patient with me and very helpful. She was very detailed with me and was able to get assistance to me in under an hour. They also sent a link to my cellphone so that I could track en route where the tow truck was and how soon they would be there. Josh, my roadside assistance mechanic, was early and could not have been nicer. He was finished with my tire replacement in ten minutes or less and answered all of my questions. He also made sure I had an appointment right away to get my tire fixed/replaced. My service today was excellent and I highly recommend Hyundai's 24/7 assistance program. They really made me feel like a valued customer.

My wife and I finance a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. We have three small children and this is our only means of transportation someday a because my car is a junk box and doesn't work all the time. Being that this is our only car my wife is very very much on top of it, she takes it for oil changes when and even before it is due. We had gotten a recall in regards to the steering column and decided that the dealer we normally use (formally Brad Benson Hyundai, now DCN) is inconvenient being that it's so far away and thought we would get the same workmanship that we have received in the past if we brought it to a closer location. We were so wrong.

First, after the first recall they did not have a loaner car, so we relied on friends and family for a day or so. After picking up the car from freehold Hyundai, we noticed the steering was looser than usual and it had a knocking noise when the wheel was being turned. We called back FREEHOLD Hyundai and they said there was nothing wrong, so in that same day we continued driving. For about the three hours we had the car the engine was giving out on us... Again something unusual that was not there before we brought it in. So I said "forget this. I'm bringing it back to where it just came from." We went to FREEHOLD Hyundai and told them we can't drive the car like this... The servicemen named Issac was a bit understanding but not very because he kept telling us the steering was absolutely fine. They hold the car and the next day or so they called us and told us that our engine had "caught fire"... So here's what it is.

I gave them a perfectly working car, and bring it to this chop shop and I get it back and my steering is all screwed up and then my engine just catches fire?? I'm sorry but I call **. They have terrible mechanics at this shop and I believe, I firmly believe that they screwed something up as far as the engine is concerned and used the cover up that the engine caught fire because they knew there was a class action lawsuit against Hyundai for having engines going on fire after a certain amount of time. We were told at first that our engine wasn't going to be fixed for a few months because they were on back order because so many car engines were catching fire. So they did the right thing and issued my wife and I a loaner car for the time being.

A month had gone by and we gotten news that my 8 year old son would need open heart surgery. Then someone posted a negative review about them not having a loaner car and we magically get a call the next day or so that our engine had been replaced and that "we have something of theirs, and they have something of ours" and we NEEDED to go and get our car. That's not all. After giving this dealership a chance to redeem itself by trying to contact the man in charge of vehicle service, they wanted us to pay 1000 dollars to get everything fixed. Oh I forgot to mention that the power lock button was broken off and my cruise control stopped working all by itself!!! Isn't that magical??? We brought it to our own mechanic and he said that it's a bushing on the steering column and is about 500 dollars to replace to the labor it requires.

We have been back and forth with Hyundai the corporation for an entire week, with no resolution... Absolutely no idea from anyone to get the work done to get my wife and I our car back. So our car went in for a recall repair in July/August and it is now Oct going into November and I still don't have a car or any way to fix this. The corporation isn't working with me and the dealer is refusing to acknowledge any wrongdoing on their part. So here we stand, a minor recall turns into a disaster. We have tree kids one of whom was in the hospital in Queens NY and we live in NJ and no car!!! And no help...

So here's what you're gonna do... You're gonna go search cars companies that have exquisite customer satisfaction... And stay as far away from this ** of a company as you can. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT buy a car from this company and especially stay as far away from FREEHOLD NJ Hyundai dealership. It's terrible and they have terrible and inferior people working there.

I bought a 2016 Elantra GT right off the lot. I was so proud. My first brand new car. It did great until it reached about 12,000 miles. Then it decided to quit starting. I had it towed to the dealership. The service department was helpful... at first. They did change something with the start button and I picked the car back up. One day later, same thing. Couldn't get it out of my driveway. This started happening June 13, 2016. Since then my car has been in the shop non-stop, except for the 4 times I picked it up and became stranded at various places because it wouldn't start. I went through the BBB as required by Hyundai. The BBB determined that the car needed to be repurchased or traded for the same model. Hyundai offered to repurchase the car in August. I completed all the paperwork requested... every... single... time. The repurchase was supposed to be completed today October 21, 2016.

I have called and called every number for Hyundai--no one can help me. My case manager, Kris **, is always out of the office and has called me once. No e-mail, nothing. I have had to rent a car out of pocket for the last 3 weeks, maxing credit cards and cancelling trips with my family. I have never felt so devalued in my life. I don't think Hyundai understands that even though my payment was small to them, not having a reliable car has caused a huge amount of stress for me and so much hardship on my family. As a single mom of two great boys, we have had to cancel trips and reroute funds for the rental car. I am a teacher and have to get to work. Communication would have made a terrible situation much more bearable. Worst service ever... I will never recommend buying a Hyundai to anyone. Please don't. They do not stand behind their word.

When shopping around I was looking for a convenience features. Sonata Hybrid 2016 was slightly better than other midsize hybrid alternatives. Looked at all these reviews on Edmunds and similar websites. From their perspective it looks good. After one month of driving (and pretty good experience) main battery broke. Brought it to a dealership. It took already 2 days just to localize the problem. Accordingly to them it will take another 1-2 days to get an answer from Hyundai what needs to be done. This is a car on a warranty. What happens when it's out. I feel I'm screwed. This is a new car. Just started to pay for it.

I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT new, and have driven it for four years, putting about 70K miles on it. Based on my multiple bad experiences with this car, I will never again purchase another Hyundai vehicle. First - as is well known, the true MPG is nowhere near the marketing claims made by Hyundai (and there is an unresolved class action lawsuit underway to address that). Then I had a problem where the rear quarter-panel window trim fell off - fortunately I found a TSB published on the internet about that, so Hyundai fixed it under warranty. If I hadn't researched the problem and printed out the TSB, the dealer would have charged me $$$ for the repair.

Then most recently I had a problem where the clutch started chattering/slipping. My mechanic discovered that the transmission input shaft seal was defective/leaking. Even though this is covered by the Hyundai 10 year/100K warranty - Hyundai refused to honor the warranty and pay for the repair. I can't wait to trade in this car, and kiss Hyundai goodbye forever. If you are considering buying a Hyundai vehicle, I would recommend purchasing instead a vehicle with higher quality/reliability and from a manufacturer who stands behind their product and their warranty commitments (think Honda, Toyota, Mazda). And definitely don't count on the Hyundai 10 year/100K warranty actually providing you any protection from product defects.

I purchased a used Santa Fe in 2014, it was a 2013 with 18,400 miles. It ran fine for me until June of this year. The headlights go off and stay off until I have it serviced. The back windshield wiper doesn't work now either. I took car into local Hyundai dealer. They have tried everything from changing fuse to changing computer box to saying that batch of boxes was defected, they tried it again. This the fifth time in the shop, this time it's been 3 weeks with no word from Hyundai despite at least 15 calls from me. They just tell me the techs are looking at it via "skyping" telling mechanics what to try next. I do not want this car back. It has been in the shop a total of 7 weeks since June. This SUV is still under the original warranty.

The last time the lights went out it was 1 am on a very dark road in an area I don't know well. I was actually crying I was so scared of hitting someone. I put my flashers on the rest of the way home and drove very slow. It did help. I know it was dangerous to do, but believe me, if I thought I would have put anyone's life in danger I wouldn't have done it. Consumer Affairs is now involved, but no solution. A letter to the State Attorney General is next. My house burned down in a fire on August 5, I lost everything. Now, I have no house and no car through no fault of my own. My house will be rebuilt eventually, right now I feel empty.

I have just learned do to mine failing that Hyundai has an issue with the Electric Assist Power Steering Drive Motor and Drive Coupling degrading. This Problem afflicts a large number of Models and Years Of age. I Have an 2012 Sonata Limited 2.0 which is the wife's car with 70k on it. It has been pretty much trouble free except for the High Pressure Fuel Pump that failed this Year which was under warranty.

The Drive Coupling being an essential aid in steering when it starts to degrade to have a slight bump like that can be felt when turning the steering wheel with a slight left to right turn. You can also have a loud knocking noise that sound like something has came loose under your vehicle when driving over rough road areas. The noises are all coming from the electric drive assist on the steering column under the Dash. From others who have had this issue it can cost you up to $500 to repair or you can fix it yourself with a few hours labor and the Part cost of under $10. Nonetheless it is a mass issue that Hyundai should cover fix No matter the Age or Mileage.

Hyundai's look great. But they are like a beautiful apple that is rotten inside. This is concerning a 2012 Hyundai Sonata SE Turbo. I have owned Hondas all my life, and have been extremely happy with their reliability. I had a Honda Civic that I sold at 115000 miles and the only maintenance I had to do was change the oil, muffler, and brakes. I then had an Acura RSX which I traded in with 92000 miles where I only had to change the oil and brakes. My next vehicle was a Honda Accord which I sold with 184000 miles on it. Again, the only maintenance I had to do was oil and brakes.

I was going to purchase another Honda, but I fell in love with the styling and the horsepower of the Hyundai Sonata Turbo. I had reservations about purchasing a Hyundai because I remembered the poor quality of Hyundai vehicles throughout the 90s. I decided to take a leap of faith and buy a certified pre-owned which came with the 60k bumper to bumper and 100k powertrain warranty. I figured if Hyundai offered this type of warranty, they must build quality vehicles. My vehicle had 41k miles on it when I purchased it. I have had the car 2 years now and have had nothing but problems with it. The Carfax report showed this vehicle had the Lower control arms replaced (before I purchased it). Since I have purchased it I have had the following problems.

46771 miles - Transmission Sensor failure caused the transmission to jump between 2nd and 4th gear and also cause the engine to shift very hard with a big thud. 48619 miles - The Engine failed and the motor long block was replaced. 48886 miles - Coolant was leaking. Replaced hose clamp. 49216 miles - Check engine light came on. Code p0076. Pin 1 was not connecting to solenoid so this was corrected.

Somewhere around this time, I called Hyundai to complain about the poor quality of this vehicle. I was assigned to a specialist who was going to help assess why my vehicle was constantly in the repair shop. I do not recall his name. He called me to tell me he had spoken with the service Manager at AutoFair Hyundai in Manchester, NH where I purchased the vehicle. The specialist was unapologetic about my problems and treated me like I was wasting his time. In fact he ranks as possible the worst company representative I have dealt with in my lifetime. He said everything checked out and they did their due diligence with the vehicle.

I informed the gentleman that I wanted a new vehicle. He scoffed at the notion. He stated that I had a warranty to cover anything wrong with the car. This was not satisfactory to me because my time was valuable and if the vehicle was malfunctioning at 46k miles, what would happen as the parts aged? The vehicle I purchased was clearly not manufactured properly. He basically told me again that the warranty was in place and that is all I would get. I informed the specialist that I am a recruiter who speaks with over 100 people per week and I would make sure to tell everyone about the poor quality and poor customer service that Hyundai provided. He said, that's fine and the call ended. Clearly this gentleman did not care about me or my situation and didn't care that Hyundai made a very poor quality vehicle.

Continuing on with the repairs made to this vehicle. 51670 miles - Rattling when traveling in the city. Stabilizer end link replaced. 58285 creaking when turning. Axle joints replaced. This was all performed under warranty. It didn't cost me anything monetarily, but it did cost me a lot of time taking the car to the dealer and having to get rides to and from the dealership. Sometimes I waited for the vehicle if it was only going to be a couple hours.

Since the warranty expired, I have had to replace the sway bar links at 74000 miles due to rattling when driving over bumps. The creaking that was supposed to be fixed by the replacement of the axle joints has gotten worse. I believe the strut mounts are the culprit. In addition, when I start the vehicle in the morning, the engine is having a bit of trouble turning over and is shaking for the first 10 seconds or so. Also, when I start the engine, there is a rush of liquid in the dashboard. I would venture to guess this is due to a failing heater core. Another issue is the transmission is downshifting into 4th gear very hard. The vehicle now has 80500 miles. It is acting like a vehicle with 180500 miles.

More repairs at 80500 miles. Housing around the thermostat was replaced due to leaking coolant. Tube leading to oil filter was cracked and leaking oil. Engine head warped. Hyundai doesn't care about its customers. The warranty is bogus. The technicians diagnosing the issues at the dealerships have very little knowledge of the vehicles and take forever to diagnose issues - at the cost of $125 per hour. Beautiful design, very poor quality.

I purchased my new Sonata Hybrid in April 2015. I want to complain about the front shroud or fairing. The clearance of the fairing to regular parking block is "0" inches. These are standard parking blocks, that a car has to pull up to in any parking space. My front fairing has now been severely damaged and is hanging off the car because the clearance does not match the standard height for a parking block. I want to know why I have this expensive repair because of poor design of the front end. If I repair the damage, the next block will, of course, rip the new one off too!!! Parking away from the block creates a safety hazard to me and other cars and drivers in a parking lot because of improper parking space allocations.

Safe parking is part of safe operation of my vehicle, and I can be fined because of improper parking in a designated space. The tires are the original factory ones, so the profile should be Hyundai's responsibility of design. I want to know what you (Hyundai) suggests to do to fix this design problem for now and the future of my expensive hybrid car???

I purchased two years ago a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited certified used from a local Hyundai dealership in Waterloo iowa. At the time had done it to replaced another Sonata that had electrical issues. Last September I was made aware via the Internet that my car had a major recall with the motor. At the time, I thought about trading the car in, but no dealership would touch the car because had a knocking noise which lower value of the car. So fast forward today, I eventually had the engine replace.

When I picked up my car the dealership they not only replaced the engine but done the recalled for the brake stopper pad. Soon after my current nightmare started. The motor sound like it was whistling sound every time I drove it. At first I thought it was because it was braking in so I didn't let it worry me. Then a few months later it stop this when the knocking sound came back. Also car didn't want to shift right and one time it would not start at all. Last straw was the check engine light came on and stay on. I had taken the car into a local repair shop who put it on the computer. This is when he informed me that three of the four valves were gone. That should not happen if a complete engine was replaced.

So I contact Hyundai to informed them that my engine was gone again and they need to buy back this piece of junk. They took their sweet you known what time to respond to my request or even find another solution to my problem. They can't be trusted. I should mention, on September 27 about 400 pm CST I almost in serious car accident with this piece of junk. As I pulled into the parking lot of daughters dance studio, I had applied my brakes. Was putting the car into park, when the car suddenly speed up and jump the curb coming within inches hitting the building. I was completely in shock when it happen. So, asked if she seen me put my foot brake on the brake. She told me yes.

So right away I called Hyundai about this event and got told have my car tow to a local Hyundai dealership which would had been the one who had done the original recall work. I done it as told and when I did not hear back from Hyundai or the dealership where the car was tow to, I got a big song and dance from them that it went to some regional Manager I should hear back soon. As of yesterday did not hear back from them, so I had my car tow outed the dealerships parking lot and sent to another reliable automotive repair shop to have the car inspect for engine damage and the brakes fix.

I was lucky I had not been killed driving this piece of junk. I am now 10,000 dollars under water with this car, and can't even drive it. My advice to all who are thinking about buying a certified used Hyundai Sonatas or any other hyundai product that matter is don't. You will get burn and hurt. Take it from me. They make a beautiful product for great value, but being cheap is the being not worth at the end.

I called them this morning because of a flat tire in my driveway. I was off the phone in less than 5 minutes. The estimated time of arrival was 9:21 am. They actually got there 10 minutes early. Everyone was wonderful and helpful. Fast and courteous. Not one complaint. Definitely would use them again any day of the week.

Consumer Increased Rating!

My Hyundai Elantra's battery died in a parking deck. I called Hyundai's roadside assistance, and they refused to help me because I was parked in a parking deck. My insurance company reimbursed me a small amount, but not what I had to pay to get my car out of the deck. When I called roadside assistance to ask for a reimbursement, I spoke with someone named Myrna in Phoenix, AZ. She was very nice and gave me all the information I needed to send to Medford, MA. I sent it certified mail, and never heard from them again. I called them numerous times with a claim number, that they claim doesn't exist. I have a certified mail return receipt, but Hyundai Roadside assistance still refuses to address my issue.

I built a 2017 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 SE AWD online and I got the quote $331.11 a month. Now, when I physically visited one of your Hyundai branches, I got a different monthly payment for the exact same vehicle. The monthly payment is $421.66 a month!!! I accepted winter package ($1600 value) to be added to the car original price. However, I don't think this will have a difference of almost a $90 a month for 24 months! How come this is happening? Why is that difference for? Can you explain.

Saturday, August 13th, I purchased a 2016 New Hyundai Tucson Sport from Empire Hyundai, Inc. in the Fall River, MA branch. The vehicle had 19 miles. I did a lot of research on this car, dealing with Kasey **, the internet manager of Empire Hyundai. We had a very lengthy phone call and email conversation, where she gave us the final price, everything included. My husband and I wanted the purchase to be hassle-free, considering the drive to pick up the car was 40 miles from my house round-trip. We asked Kasey to start the paperwork for us, which she gladly said yes to. She assigned us to the sales person Rob **, who then brought us to Tyler **, the vice president and financial manager to get all the paperwork signed. Within 20 minutes we were able to see the vehicle.

However, before we looked inside, Rob ** informed us that there were three cigarette burns on the passenger seat, but reassured us that it would be fixed and that they would provide us with a rental car at no cost to us while they do so. My husband and I left after, and on that Monday morning I called and asked if the rental car was ready because I had to work that afternoon. When I arrived, Rob greeted me and brought me to the receptionist, who said there was no reservation for a rental car for me, so she called to get one.

About fifteen minutes later, Kevin ** from Enterprise came to pick me up and bring me to their branch to get the rental. It was not brought to me. Kevin apologized that they did not have a reservation for me for a rental. The only car available due to the lack of reservation was a 7-passenger Grand Caravan. Three days passed and I did not receive any calls to inform me of the progress of my vehicle. I called once with no answer.

I called once more and asked to speak to the owner, but he was not in that day. I then asked to speak to the vice president Tyler **, the son of the owner. He told me he did not know anything about the progress of my vehicle because he works for the financial department. I demanded he do something, considering he was the vice president of the company. He then transferred me to Rob, who informed me that the car was not ready yet because they had to purchase a whole new seat, and the workers had to install it.

I told him I was getting impatient and displeased, considering I was forced into driving around a huge caravan, and told him if I did not get more answers on the progress of my car by 4 pm, I would consider returning the vehicle altogether. By 4:30, Rob called and said that the vehicle was ready to come pick up. I got there and looked at the car, and it was filthy, both outside and inside. I told him that the least they could have done was to wash the car after all my troubles. He told me to sit inside and wait, as he was dealing with other customers. I waited for about a half hour before I spoke to anyone else. No one would come speak with me, especially the manager, Paul **, who I had asked for.

Finally, the lease specialist, Donald **, came over to me and asked if I would be happy if they cleaned the car and put gas in the tank. I thought it was quite unprofessional that that was all they could do for me after the trouble I'd gone through. As I was about to leave, I asked them why the manager, Paul, was not on that night, and they informed me that he in fact was the entire time, and he did not bother to come speak to me the whole time I was waiting to talk with someone.

They got Paul to come speak with me, and he offered to install a remote starter. They also said they would put covers on the front two seats. When I got the car back again, the seat covers were still in the process of being shipped, and the remote starter was not working correctly. It started by itself five times in one day in fact. Therefore, I have to bring the car to the shop to get that fixed, while still waiting for the seat covers, and on top of all of that, there is a hole in the flooring below the passenger seat; a flap that looks as though it should have been glued down.

Needless to say, I had an awful experience at the Empire Hyundai car dealership and would not recommend anyone to buy a car there, especially at the Fall River branch. These situations should not be occurring when you're involving the purchase of a $31,000 vehicle, a brand new one at that. My boss, the Operations Director at 99 Restaurants, also shared with me a similar, awful experience he had had at Empire Hyundai. I hope that this will bring attention to this dealership, warning others to steer clear and pursue other dealerships when purchasing a car, and hopefully enhance the performance of the way this business is run. Thank you.

I got a brand new 2013 Hyundai Accent from a dealership in Burlington, Ontario, in late December of 2013 (almost January of 2014). The car started falling apart in September 2016. Not worth the money, folks!

April of 2016 my vehicle was making a loud knocking noise then finally cut off. I had AAA to tow it to my mechanics which he stated that I was having engine problems. I then towed it to Hyundai dealership and they informed me that I would need a new engine. They gave me the runaround saying that I had to come up with documentation showing that I had been getting oil changes. I asked how many do they need and they informed me that I need to come up with as many as possible, and that I wouldn't be able to receive a rental car until I was approved.

Two weeks after having my vehicle I called and they told me that I was approved for a rental. On a regular basis (at least twice a week} I called to get an update with my car. All that I could get from the conversation was, "Just keep driving the rental until I tell you to stop." I was given a Nissan Frontier, which was a nice truck but mpg 19 city / 23 highway which we all know that Hyundai 28 city / 36 highway. So it was killing me in gas because I drive 1 hour and 30 to and from work.

So I took it back after having it for a little over 2 months and got a Kia Optima for maybe 5 days then my car was ready. I was called at 1:30 and was told that I had to pick my car up that same day, which put me in an inconvenience because I was scheduled to work a late shift and there was no preparation for that. Hyundai informed me that the billing for the rental car ended that day and after that I would be responsible. That put me in a bind because I had to get off work and drive hour and a half to pick up my vehicle. They had my vehicle from April to June.

Two days after my vehicle was returned to me my check engine light came on. I took my vehicle back to Hyundai to find out if it was related to the engine block and I was told that it was the high pressure fuel pump $748, transmission sensor $710, and clock spring $398. I was charged $99.95 to do this diagnostic testing. Of course I don't have this kind of money so I declined other than paying for the diagnostic testing.

In August I starting experiencing shaking and popping in my steering wheel, so again, I took it to Hyundai to find out the problem and at this time I was told that it was the steering coupler $404. All of this in one year. This car is a lemon and something needs to be done about this. It makes no sense to have to pay for the car and $2260 worth of repairs all in 2 months' time. Personally I think everyone that owns one of these vehicle should get a refund.

I visited the Larry H Miller Hyundai dealership on Aug 26, 2016. Through their website I applied for financing to purchase a used vehicle. Shortly afterwards I received a call from someone claiming to be in their finance department. This person told me I was approved for financing and rattled off a range of payment amounts. Now, at this point I had not told them what vehicle I wanted so there was no way they could tell me what my supposed payment was. I told him great, I will keep looking at your inventory and when I find something I will contact you.

In the meantime I requested information regarding their financing offer. I made this request in writing via email 8 times, over the phone several times and through their chat system twice. And yet, after 10 days I couldn't get ANYONE with this dealership to even tell me the name of the company who wants to sell me a loan. I certainly never received the lawfully required WRITTEN finance offer with all the appropriate legal information as required by State and Federal Law.

Finally, I made one more attempt to resolve this issue without going through all this. I contacted Larry H Miller Hyundai, explained I had an issue that I needed help with and I asked to speak to their Finance department head. Not only did they not let me speak to this person, they REFUSED to even tell me this person's name. All they would do is take down my email, which they already had for over a week.

Now that I have to start a vehicle search over again, I am still going to suffer a financial penalty when I apply for financing from another dealer/bank. You only get so many credit bureau hits during a two year period and now I am going to be penalized with a higher interest rate because I will have another hit on my credit report. And of course I still don't have the vehicle I was trying to buy originally.

I have a 2013 Sonata and I have to say the service has been terrible. The service staff is always rude and they do not honor warranty or recalls (always blaming the customer). I had the pleasure of witnessing the service provided to a friend by Volkswagen and was floored at the concern, the detail, and the prompt repair.

Bought a Santa Fe Online for over 17k and was promised new winter tires, studded on new rims and was told tires on car were 70% tread life as well as no body damage! What I received was used winter tires on rusty rims, tires on car that are 20% tread life and scratches, dings, dents & scuffs all over front of car! They also overcharged us $1100 more than online price! The salesman I talked to said it wasn't up to him but the managers who decided! Next time I will get everything in writing and this will be our last Hyundai purchase ever! Totally disappointed and stressed out with the experience! Hyundai Canada won't return call and Northlands Hyundai in Prince George ignoring us!

Worthless Warranty. My 2012 Hyundai Genesis engine broke a piston rod and punched a hole in the block. I had just had the oil changed and the engine was full of oil. But because I didn't have the oil changed at a Hyundai dealership, Hyundai America claimed I didn't have any oil in the engine and denied my warranty claim. This was with 45,000 miles on the engine. Nothing I could do would change their mind. If they say no, that's it regardless of their warranty. What a lousy company!!!

In June of this year (2016) I went to motor vehicle to get the necessary paperwork to register my car in my new location. I called Hyundai Motors to find out what I need to do get the title transfer. I was told to fax all my information to them including the paperwork from DMV. I faxed everything down to them in June and I was told it would be a couple of days, to get it to the mvc. As of today I still do not have my title. I have called almost everyday and I've been hung up on. I've talked to 4 different supervisors and gotten stone walled on every phone call. Their favorite answer is "The title dept isn't available at this moment." Hyundai Motor has the world's worst customer service and support.

Over 30 days my 2014 model i30 with 25.000 km EPS unit couldn't be replaced and it's still in the service. I basically can't drive a car which I paid to. Moreover I wouldn't like to discuss about the security issue of this part as I was driving, the wheel went off, wouldn't even turn. Thank god that I was driving in an easy road with a low speed so I had chance to park my car within a safe zone. I even wouldn't like to imagine what would happen if this problem would occur on the highway. Hyundai Turkey is behaving premature to handle the case. In this century I am not able to understand why the required part can not be delivered within 30 days while there are people touring around the world with bicycles or on foot less than 30 days. As a result of all, I don't have any other chances but to go to legal court to claim my rights and never ever touch anything called Hyundai.

GC 2013 3.8 Track (Love Car can't say the same for Company) - On Saturday, April 16th, 2016 I went to Balise Hyundai to have my vehicle serviced and to address my concerns about the paint peeling on the front bumper near the hood of the car. I showed the peeling paint to the service advisor Phil ** who took pictures of my front bumper and stated that he would pass them along to the person who handles warranty claims. Phil explained that I would need to come back to Balise Hyundai during the week to have my concerns addressed. It is important to note taking time off during the week was not feasible during that time due to the structure of my current role and the responsibilities it entails.

On Wednesday May 11th, 2016 I brought my vehicle to Balise Hyundai and showed the bumper to Bob ** (Service Director) who immediately began to tell me that my warranty didn't cover the damage and that it appeared as if the bumper was painted over or that something had spilled on it and therefore was not Hyundai's responsibility to cover. Bob proceeded to take pictures while he instructed his co-worker Stephanie to gather some info on my vehicle. After a few minutes of both Bob and Stephanie examining my vehicle, I asked Stephanie to update me on what was being discussed. She stated that I was not under warranty for paint as my car was three years old.

I told her that while my car was a 2013, I did not begin my lease until September of 2013. She then asked me about the mileage which I told her was less than 36,000 miles. Another 5 to 10 minutes of conversation with Bob yielded a plethora of biased assumptions that I found to be quite concerning. Bob ** insinuated I caused the damage to my vehicle. I left Balise Hyundai and then called Hyundai Motor America to report my warranty claim and ask questions. At that point, the integrity of Bob ** was in question and I was concerned that Bob would intentionally fail to submit the warranty claim and tell me it was not covered or submit the claim filled with biased narrative and minimal facts.

I spoke with a Genesis representative named Christina (case #**) and she explained to me that she would look into it and contact Balise Hyundai to follow-up. Christina said she would call me back that day to update me however I never received a call. Later that day I was set to travel out of the country for two weeks. On Thursday, May 26th, 2016 I contacted Hyundai Motor America to follow up regarding my warranty claim. I explained that I had not heard from Bob or Stephanie about next steps.

On Friday, May 27th, 2016 I received a call from Stephanie who left a voicemail stating that Hyundai wanted me to take my vehicle to the Balise repair shop to get an estimate of the damage. Upon hearing the message left by Stephanie I called her back and was unable to speak to her directly. I left a detailed voicemail inquiring about the arrangement of a specific date/time to bring the car for an estimate. Stephanie never responded to my message.

On Saturday, June 4th, 2016 I brought the vehicle to Balise to get the estimate and was told that the repair shop is only open during the week. I spoke with General Manager Brian ** who told me to email him pictures of the paint concerns and that he would get an estimate for me on Monday and send me the quote. (See attached photos) On Tuesday, June 7th, 2016 Brian emailed me stating that a rep is coming today and will see if he approves the work. Estimate is $1,300.

On Wednesday, June 8th, 2016 I emailed Brian back and ask him if the rep would be calling me directly to let me know the decision concerning my car. Brian emailed me back informing me that it was decided that my hood would not be covered but that the decision to repaint the bumper hadn't been made yet. On Friday, June 10th, 2016 I emailed Brian to find out how long it would be to determine if my bumper was going to be covered under warranty. He replied back confirming it would be 7 to 10 business days. On Tuesday, June 21st, 2016 I emailed Brian seeking an update on the pending situation. I received no reply.

On Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 I receive a voicemail from Bob ** stating that he wanted me to return his call because Consumer Affairs wanted a factory rep to look at my vehicle. He also stated the rep would be at Balise on Thursday (the very next day). I called Bob back to arrange the time for the factory rep to see my vehicle. I explained to Bob that I worked and that he was giving me very short notice. I asked if I could schedule something for Friday or the week after and Bob told me that the Factory rep only comes once a month and that if I didn't come tomorrow (Thursday) it would be next month before another meeting could be arranged.

On Thursday, June 30th, 2016 I arrived at Balise at approximately 7:30 am which was the agreed time slot. This time was chosen as it was early enough for business to be handled and ensured I'd make it to work on time. The factory rep showed up after 7:30 am and while I sat in the waiting area Bob failed to inform me that the factory rep arrived. At around 7:50 am I went to find Bob to inquire about the factory rep. That is when I was informed that Loi **, Eastern Region District Parts & Service Manager was already looking at my car.

When I approached Loi he informed me that he was checking to see if there was any report of an accident concerning my car. After a few minutes, Loi approached me and told me that the bumper damage was going to be covered but not the chipped paint on the hood of the car. I was then instructed to go to the Balise repair shop and schedule a date to have my car brought in for repair. I followed those instructions and spoke with the Collision Repair Manager, Tim **. We agreed to have the bumper painted on July 11th, 2016 and he told me that it would take two days.

On Monday, July 11th, 2016 I brought my car to Balise repair. To my surprise, I then had to rent a car from Enterprise because Balise Hyundai stated that they didn't have any loaners. They also informed me that even if they did have loaners, it would cost me. Over the course of two days, it cost me $60 to rent the car from Enterprise. On July 13th, 2016 I returned to Balise to pick up my car but was told that it was not ready. I was then left to rent a vehicle for another day. For my inconvenience, Jim ** who works for Balise Collision Repair agreed to cover the rental cost for that day.

On July 14th, 2016 I returned to Balise to pick-up my car and was astonished by what I saw. I spoke with Balise Collision Repair Appraiser, Jesse ** about the fact that the color of the bumper that was painted did not match the color of the rest of the vehicle! During my conversation with Jesse, he informed me that prior to beginning the paint job he called over to Bob ** and asked about blending the paint into the hood and the fender to prevent the noticeable color difference. He was told by Bob to only paint the bumper. Jesse explained to me that the color difference was typical with the type of paint on my car and that during most repairs to assure that the color matches the other parts of the car they blend into the other areas. (See attached photos)

I haven't yet heard about whether or not I will be reimbursed or receive credit towards my monthly payment. When I followed-up with Hyundai Motor Finance about my situation was I essential told "sorry for your troubles. You still must pay your monthly bill and if we don't receive payment we will repo your car. It will be auctioned and all accrued expenses will be your responsibility." Moral of this story: Don't buy Hyundai as their Customer Service is horrible and they don't care about loyal customers.

2014 ix35 R/H door mirror indicator lens. The cost of these indicator lenses are over expensive compared with other makers of cars. There is no excuse for this as many are exactly the same make up and the same materials. WHY?

Hyundai Company Profile