3.54/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

1496 Hyundai Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2019

My daughter was driving my 2011 Hybrid Sonata home from Florida when the engine seized in Georgia. It was towed to Peacock Hyundai where they helped my daughter tremendously by getting her another vehicle to finish her trip home. Since the engine wouldn’t be there in a timely matter, Hyundai gave us fair market value for the vehicle. Everyone that we dealt with was very helpful. I would recommend Peacock Hyundai of Georgia and also the Hyundai products.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Dan was the man that helped me choose my car. I sort of new what I wanted but his thoughtfulness concerning price and payments was second to none. He also picked us up as we had no car due an accident. He ran through every aspect of what I needed the car for. Many thanks to all at the showroom supplying us coffee while we chose. So to all at the Newport showroom a big thank you and the car well that is just great. I love it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Love my Santa Fe. Never had problems. My question is to the manufacturer. An idea for you guys. Make a 4 by 4 Santa Fe just like a Jeep Cherokee. Lifted a little higher like a Jeep Cherokee. It would be a great competition. What you think Hyundai?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Don’t Buy it and waste your time and money! I lease Hyundai Tucson on December 2018. The car was running perfect for 3 months. The start showing same problem over and over, the problem is happened often but in not continuous manner. The problem is:

1. If the car off, once you insert the key in ignition, the key stuck and not turn the car on. After 15 to 30 minutes the car back to normal.

2. If the car on ... suddenly the maintenance light, the turned on, the AC turned off, the front left signal off, the engine overheated and when you turn the car off the key stuck in ignition. The issue continue happened almost once a week for 30 minutes and then disappeared and back running normal. I took one of my vacation day and took it to the dealer. I explained the issue in detail, he said as far as the issue not continues he can diagnose it.

“Ppl who create car cannot identify issue and leave you with possibility to stuck in the middle of nowhere of that issue happened ... funny right”. Every time the issue happening I called hyundai to come pick up the car and find out what’s going out and give me a loaner car since my work required a car all time —- customer service, case manager reject my request. Last time the issue cont. so I called the road side assistance. They took it to the dealer. The car was in repair for three days. Hyundai did not give me a loaner car and they offer the max reimbursement for rental car $38/day... that offer after I had a case # with them and two days after I was without car ... in NYC is impossible. The min car rental is $60/day in NYC and that for smaller car than the Tucson.

The dealer claim that he fix it by replacing the ignition. 30 minutes after I pick the car up and on my way back the issue is happened again for 30 mins... Again back to same hyundai concept cannot identify their car issued .... funny. That would be the last car I buy or lease from hyundai. Except if you wanna ride a car with a fancy shape but 20 yrs old keep showing problems.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have a beautiful Hyundai Tucson sitting in my driveway, towed there from the Dealership who advised my that my engine has failed and will cost $7000 to replace. The car is just a year and a half old. I missed a service therefore Hyundai will not assume any responsibility. I am disgusted that a car as new is this has an engine failure. It hasn’t run out of oil, no warning light came in (until the engine started rattling and I took it to the dealership the next day). Hyundai your customer service is as appalling as the engine in my car. I will be telling everyone to avoid Hyundai at all costs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

@Hyundai Consumer Alert: My new Kona (8K miles) left me stranded 300 miles away from home, but @Hyundai Consumer Affairs doesn't care! Gas light illuminated and car is fully depleted of gas within a few miles. Roadside assistance brings small amount of gas, but car wouldn't go more than 40 mph on the interstate after refueling. Dealer returns car with note that no problem existed. Rental reimbursement claim denied We still dont know what is wrong with our car. Poor customer service. Declined my rental reimbursement claim. No way to appeal a reimbursement decision -- Per our case manager, "Robert" -- there's no one higher in the company with whom I can speak to about our concern. Design flaw that negatively impacts driver safety.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I bought Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 2016 brand new to today September 10 2019. I must spent more than $5000 to $7000 on maintenance. The car looks good looking at it but not reliable at at all. It’s sad they can get away with this kind business. The dealership seems like they don’t know anything about this car. I will come with problem and leave with same problem. This is my 6th car. I never had any experience like this.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

After 5.5 years and limited mileage two major parts requiring replacement costing up to £2500 for non genuine parts. This is not my expectation and I reported this to Hyundai. As far as I am concerned this is an unreliable vehicle. I have looked after the car and the Hyundai garage say it is one of those things, however they did try and sell me another car at the time I was voicing my concerns.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have had the software upgrade installed but still jerky acceleration from standstill and wild shift changes. Is there nothing that can be done to provide a smoother shifting? I rented a KIA Sportage recently it it was much smoother. The dealer tells me "nothing can be done, It is was it is." Greg St. Thomas, ON

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

This is reference to Hyundai Head Office Consumer Complaints. On a recent service visit to my local Hyundai Dealer I was told that my car had quite an alignment problem that would cost $130.00 to fix. The tech could find no sign of me rubbing a curb or any other reason why my car would be out of alignment with only 23000km. When I called head office to complain and to get an explanation on why my car would be out of alignment after only 23000km they could give me no reason and had no interest in solving this issue.

They did not offer to call the dealership and ask the techs any questions and did nothing more than log the complaint. The person I talked to had no knowledge of any kind and is there only to log the complaint in their computer system. Hyundai Consumer complaint is a joke and a worthless phone number to have. I have dealt with other car companies in the past with always excellent results and for this reason this will be the first and last Hyundai car I will purchase.

Hyundai Company Information