2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.87/5

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Hyundai Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

My 2013 Tucson had to be towed to the dealer. It took several weeks to get the parts in to fix it but they paid for my rental for the whole time. I had to take it back because it had a noise in it. They went through the complete engine and found nothing wrong. They called in their specialist and were able to solve the problem. They gave me a new Santa Fe to drive and I really liked it. But I love my Tucson and will be keeping it but will be buying a new car in the near future. Their warranty is everything it says it is. Jason kept me informed as the worked a lot of hours to take care of the problem. He is the kind of service manager you want to take care of problems if you have them. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a nice car for a good price and excellent service.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

If ever you want to know what Customer service is all about, visit the Hyundai dealership at 1505 Dundas St., in Whitby. The ultimate professionals were assisting us, Gabe ** the Finance Director and Samira ** the sales associate are part of this amazing team, at this location. My son was purchasing his first vehicle. The ease and process they used in making it happen, was astounding, smooth, and welcoming. I know where me, my wife, and the kids are getting our next car. Thanks so much guys, for making our experience so memorable.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I am so pleased with the Hyundai Kona. It is a small SUV and I love that it fits in small spaces. The gas mileage is incredible. The same as my Honda Civic. I love putting the Kona in Sport Mode. It has a lot of get up and go!! Every where I go, I am asked about it and told that it is a good looking vehicle. I purchased a 2018 Turbo Feb 2019 and the car only had 4 miles on it. I am almost at 1 year of being a Kona owner and I would not have changed a thing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I purchased my first brand new Hyundai Excel in 1988 and it is still on the road so I took a shot and purchased a brand new Hyundai Accent. The Hyundai Accent runs smoothly and most of all, is not a gas-guzzler. Because I still have the Excel and other vehicles, I do not drive the Accent during the winter months. What I enjoy most about the Hyundai Accent, is yes, it gets great gas mileage but it drives like a luxury vehicle with lots of speed. Colorado roads are in bad need of repair but the Accent drives over most of the unavoidable potholes with ease. The driver's seat is comfortable as well as both the front and back passenger seats. I highly recommend the Accent because it has not caused me any major problems. I keep up with the general maintenance of oil change and tire rotation. I think the makers of Hyundai are doing a great job!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I love my Hyundai Tucson. The interior is as nice as a luxury car interior (comparing to a Lexus and Subaru of comparable size). It is easy to get into and out of but has more ground clearance than a sedan. It is easy to handle in most driving conditions. It sits on an Elantra chassis so in tight curves or with wind, I recommend slowing down. It is Hyundai's middle sized SUV, the Kona is smaller and the Santa Fe larger and I believe there is a new SUV that is even larger. This is the perfect size for a single person or a couple, it is probably to small for school age kids in the back. The sound system is very good and the limited comes with heated seats and other nice options.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: June 20, 2020

Under dealer Hyundai warranty...had to be replaced. They did not pay.... Still haven't gotten money for repair or car rental....PLEASE STAY away from hyundai cars.... They aren't customer reliable... Don't.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Hyundai in Newman, Ga was the worst experience ever buying a car. I was paying cash. Of course they talked me into the tech pkg and took me $2500 over budget. I was told to just finance that amount. Ok, fine, I said because I knew it would be paid off before the first payment was due. Well they didn’t like that and came back and said they couldn’t finance anything under $5000. Ok, still going to have it paid off quickly. Then they came back and said they wouldn’t finance anything under $7500. I had only taken one check with me. It’s a 4 hour drive. I told the guy that and he said to go get another check. I was walking away when my husband decided he was sick of this to find a bank up there and do it. After all this, it turns out the car I ended up with did NOT even have the tech pkg.

I have never been so disgusted with a dealership ever! I will NEVER purchase another Hyundai again. Just not worth it. I hate having to see my car. They ruined what should have been an easy sale. By the way, the car was paid off within a month and they made a grand total $41. in finance charges. Stay away from Southtowne Hyundai!

Original review: June 12, 2020

I bought a 2020 Tuscan Ultimate on Saturday 5/23/2020 from Crain Hyundai Fayetteville and the salesman could not find the navigation SD card and said come back Tuesday and we will have have it for you. I came back on Tuesday and they had one but it didn't fit. He said, "I will have to order you one and when you bring your car in for the window tint I will have one." Well took it in last Friday and no SD card. Asked about it and was told they would try and find one if they can. At that point am up set and contact Hyundai directly for one. They give me the navigation company number to call and I did. They were willing to sell me another one. I said "no thank you. I want the one I already bought."

I called Hyundai consumer affairs back and talked to a case manager named Vanilla and she stated she called the sales manager and he would take care of it and that was all Hyundai was willing to do. 3 week after I bought my Car still no navigation or Blue link due to navigation not working. I filed a Better business bureau claim and got a call from the customer relations manager from the dealership. Found out the SD cad was never ordered and that he personally would make sure it was done. Bottom line Hyundai didn't care and to me it will be the last one I buy. Hope I will get the cars features working one day as they should.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I purchased a new 2019 Hyundai Accent in November 2019 at Genesis of Cherry Hill in Marlton, NJ. This car is a piece of junk, defective, and unsafe to drive. Hyundai provides a car buyer with a 10-year/100,000 mile warranty; not because they stand by the quality and workmanship of the vehicle, but because you'll need the warranty to have the car repaired. My car has been in the Hyundai Service Shop for the same problem four times since I purchased the car. The car constantly pulls to the left. You must hold the steering wheel for dear life; otherwise, you could have an accident.

On 1/2/20 Hyundai Service adjusted the steering wheel sensor. Within 8 days, 1/10/20 I had to return the car to Hyundai Service for the same problem. Now, Hyundai Service determines the car needs a 4 wheel alignment and another steering sensor adjustment. On 5/19/20 the car was returned again to Hyundai Service for the same problem and the technician determines the rear solid beam axle and left and right front lower control arms must be replaced. Hyundai Service had to order these parts, so now a 4th trip to Hyundai Service was required to fix the pulling to the left. I dropped my car off on 6/1/20 and went to pick the car up on 6/10/20. I test drove the car in the presence of 2 Hyundai technicians and the service manager.

After all this work done on the vehicle my car still pulls to the left. Hyundai Service had the audacity to state that all Hyundai Accents may perform the same way, really. Hyundai also indicated that the car passed their testing protocol for driving 40 mph and was deemed as a fixed vehicle in their eyes. However, on my road test the vehicle failed at 40 mph and at greater speeds. Hyundai Service has failed to address my complaint about my car and the car was left at the dealership. I have been making payments on this new car which has spent more times in the shop than on the road. Consumers should think twice on purchasing a Hyundai whether for yourself, your spouse, or child. Your safety is at risk each time you get behind the wheel of this car.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Leased my third Hyundai in February, 2020 one month early because my dealer had the SUV that we wanted. Turned in 2017 Sonata and owed a total of $1,600.00 for mileage and last month. Paid 3 weeks early and they said it hasn’t been paid. I sent a copy of bank check, front and back to Hyundai finance that was cashed. I’ve called five times and they don’t know where the money was applied. It’s coming up on three months past due per Hyundai finance. My credit rating has went from 800 to 640. I’ve contacted the Better Business Bureau and the dealer. I will never buy/lease another Hyundai again. Once my lease is up, I will be returning the vehicle and leasing a different vehicle, if my credit is repaired by then. My last resort is contacting my attorney if I get nowhere with Better Business Bureau or the dealer. This has been a nightmare and I would advise staying away from Hyundai and their financial department.

Hyundai Company Information