1.70/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 22, 2017

1442 Hyundai Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Blue Link is terrible. It is so expensive too. The app hardly ever works which is annoying. I like the concept but it doesn't work! I was still willing to pay for the remote start with hopes that the app would get better. However I cant pay for it because it wont let me do it online, no one will answer my emails or my phone call! Customer service is SO bad. I have called a few times and after waiting on hold for 33 min a nice person answered but was unable to help me. I asked for a manager and was told one would call me in 2-3 hours which is annoying but whatever. I wait... no call.

I call back the next day and was told "Oh... it has only been about 16 hours. Wait at least 24 someone will call you." Well it is a few days later, no call. I hate calling them because it takes over 30 min to get a person on the phone and they cant help at all. Multiple emails have gone unanswered. It is a mess and my service is up. I guess they don't care about quality or customer service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My wife and I currently own 2 Hyundai vehicles, a 2013 Sonata and a 2014 Santa Fe Sport both of which use the 2.4l motor. Our issue began on night of 11/12/17. We were returning from visiting family in the Tampa area and a few miles from home our Santa Fe Sport began making knocking sound. At first I thought that something was possibly stuck under the car, or around the driveshaft, but upon arriving home realized the knocking was coming from the motor. On the 13th I dropped my vehicle off at a local mechanic for a routine oil change and to ask him to try and determine what the noise was and how to address the issue.

Being in sales I have the oil changed in my Santa Fe Sport every 3-4 weeks as I drive over 30,000 miles a year and rely heavily on my vehicle to earn a living. The mechanic reported back that he thought it was a bearing within the motor and that he did not recommend me driving the vehicle as it could potentially blow out the side of the engine block and seize the motor completely. At this point I had the vehicle towed to a local Hyundai dealer for a diagnostic to be completed. The diagnostic resulted in the dealership informing us that my entire engine needed to be replaced! They reached out to Hyundai Motor America in an attempt to try and have the engine covered under warranty or recall notice. This request was ultimately denied because I was not the original owner and therefore was not entitled to the 100,000 mile warranty and I was also informed that my VIN did not qualify for the recall from earlier in 2017.

Upon further research and found that the recall, which impacted my wife's vehicle, was released earlier in 2017 for the 2.4l motor in 2013 and 2014 Sonata and Santa Fe Sport vehicles. They were being recalled due to engine failures caused by a machining issue that caused bearing wear and then premature engine failure. When I inquired as to why the Santa Fe Sport was not covered under this recall, as it seemed to be my exact problem, I was told that my VIN number was not on the recalled list and therefore would not be covered and that was all the information anyone could provide to me. Upon attempting to escalating my concerns at the dealership level was told that there was nothing else that could be done and I was instructed to reach out to Hyundai Motor America and file a case and report back to the dealership, which I did.

I was informed by the agent at Hyundai Motor America that my case was already marked as a final decision and that nothing could be done, there was no one else I could speak to, no one to override the decision, nothing. The only thing I could do was reach out to Hyundai Motor America via email or written letter. So at this time I have a 2014 Santa Fe Sport with less than 100,000 miles and motor that needs complete replacement due to a bearing failure that is a known issue and has already been involved in over a million recalled vehicles.

I purchased the Santa Fe Sport at a used dealership with 21,000 miles and have documented proof of my oil changes, as I expense them for my job and do not neglect my vehicle, but none of this mattered to Hyundai and I was provided an estimate to repair my vehicle with a refurbished motor for $7,867.66! At this point I am at a loss I can either pay the nearing $8,000 repair bill or I can trade in the vehicle at $3000 toward something else and take a massive loss. This is a known motor issue and I feel it was something that should have been covered under recall. I feel that I cannot be alone in this issue.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased a used 2007 Hyundai Sonata in June of this year. Two weeks after I got it the engine blew. A rod went out the bottom of the engine, through the oil pan, and onto the freeway. This was a known problem and a major recall for the newer models. Since my car wasn’t included in the recall, even though it’s the same exact problem that has caused a major recall, Hyundai won’t do anything about it. So, let me understand this Hyundai... Because of your engineering incompetence and poor customer service I am now responsible for finding $4000 to replace the engine?

If it wasn’t a known flaw I’d be happy to say I had some bad luck and that it was just too bad. But this makes me so upset to be treated like I did something wrong by expecting something to be done about their faulty product. I’m not asking for a brand new car, I just want my car fixed and even a used engine would be fine! I’m not asking for too much I don’t think. I have contacted Hyundai and their response was that it’s out of warranty so tough luck. Yeah, thanks Hyundai, never again!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This Sonata is my 6th Hyundai in 7 years. The cars look great, good design, everything you need for accessories is included. Great cars. They are quiet inside, I always buy the turbo models, great performance. The sound systems are very good quality too.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I purchased two Sonatas in past 6 years. One a 2011 model & the second a 2016. Both cars are performing well and the updates over years has increased greatly. The service dept at my dealer is excellent and free car washes for life of car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I took my car into the Hyundai dealership on 9/23/17 for service only because we received 2 recall notices, one for the engine and one for the steering coupler. There were no other issues. I was advised after technician checked the car there was a small split at top of left tire and car indeed failed their engine test and it would be replaced under the recall.

On 10/19/17, received a call the car was ready for pick up. Upon checking out I was advised the technician noticed a noise coming from the steering rack. Mind you, before we dropped the car off, there were no issues or noises. Ok... was advised this is not covered under my warranty and would be around 1000.00 out my pocket to repair.

After leaving the dealership noticed a metal scraping sound coming from middle of car. Went back to service dept that Saturday morning (10/21/17) around 9:15 am to advise and was asked when I wanted to bring the car back because technician that worked on my car was off and he had to be the one to work on it. Took car back that following Monday, 10/23/17, explained issue again and proceeded to walk in the waiting room. I forgot to ask the advisor a question so I went back to the service desk and overheard the technician that worked on my car talking to other advisors stating, "I don't know what it could be. Maybe it's the rotors."

I know he was the technician that worked on my car because I asked him, "Are you talking about my car... and no it's not the rotors because we got them replaced along with the brakes about 2 weeks ago and there were no issues or noises afterwards." Ok, so technician takes car for a test drive and claims he didn't hear any noises!!!

I drove the car this time with the service manager and guess what... he heard the noise. I was told by him they would handle the issue. After another check of the car, I was told this time, it was the Front end valve muffler making the metal scraping noise. The service manager submitted a goodwill courtesy request to have the repair done at 100%, then 50%... both denied due to warranty expired.

Manager offered to repair at MY expense at the warranty rate of $506.56 for the part, $50.00 labor and $10.57 for gasket part. I feel like this was a technician error when reinstalling the engine due to the recall. My car was not having any issues or noises prior to dropping it off on 9/23/17, and again we only took it in due to the recalls. This is so unfair and poor customer service. I was warned by others not to go to this particular Hyundai dealership in Durham. I should have drove the extra miles to the one in Cary.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My experience with Hyundai was not a good one. I purchased a brand new Elantra sedan, and initially was thrilled with the 'new car smell' etc, however the honeymoon phase was short-lived. The first incident happened when the car had been in my possession for plus minus three months. Its electrics failed just after I had left the freeway and was stopped in a left turn lane awaiting a green light. Amidst a bevy of rude hand signals, mixed with similar verbal comments, I managed to steer and push the vehicle over to the side of the overlying bridge. As luck would have it the vehicle started again after about five minutes. I headed straight for the dealership, where I had purchased it; but no fault could be found.

Two more incidents like this occurred within the next few weeks, fortunately when I was driving along side roads and didn't have my family with me. Each incident warranted a trip back to the dealership where the faults were supposedly seen to. Next the engine warning light kept on coming on, warranting more trips back to dealership, (two) by which time I was beginning to realize I had a sour lemon on my hands. Before the vehicle was a year old, the next item to fail was the generator, when I was on my way home from work amidst heavy rush hour freeway traffic. I had enough forward momentum to steer off the road and get stuck in a traffic island. (Just loved the difference in sound of horns approach and pass you.) Finally, the rear wheel bearings began to fail and I had to have them replaced. (Apparently wheel bearing failures are a problem with Hyundai models, as there was no charge levied.)

As soon as I could I traded in the Elantra, but because the vehicle had devalued so much, I got stuck with the brand and had to lease a new Accent, which proved to be almost as bad as its bigger brother, so I made a little vow to myself after breaking down due to an electrics failure when opposite an activity center, and went back to Toyota.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I love the Tucson except the new eco engine. When it changes gears it feels like it is going to stall out but I understand this is made this way because of using less gas.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

The Engine of the 2009 Sonata (3.3L 6cy) suffers from frequent oil leak. Defined by the dealer as Fluid Leak-Engine. The Front valve cover leaks oil onto the alternator, and that leads to damage of the charging system and hence the alternator itself. The repair cost for replacing the alternator was $680 and cost of fixing the engine oil leak is $200. The failure of both happens every 20-24000 miles, in other words, the cost to maintain low cost car such as the Hyundai Sonata is much higher than a BMW, for example, and Hyundai warranty is just marketing gimmick. I called customer service seeking some help and the response from the agent made me determined that this was the first and last Hyundai car I ever purchase or any member of my family.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We have two Hyundais, loved one and got another (Santa Fe). Well built, good gas mileage, comfortable, nice looking and good resale value, good warranty. If I could afford the Genesis it would be my next car.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

On October 15 2017 my husband and I were taking my granddaughter home after an overnight visit. We were driving my 2013 Hyundai Sonata with Turbo engine. We were going southbound on highway 52 from Mount Airy to Winston-Salem. We have made this trip many times since my grandchildren have been born. We had been driving about a half an hour, my husband in the front seat, driving and my granddaughter and I in the back seat. My husband said "the car is making a noise and doesn't seem to be running right. I am going to pull off at the next exit and check it out." I glanced over the seat at the dash to check for any warnings on the dash but didn't see any.

What I did see was smoke coming out from under the dash. I yelled, "I think the car I on fire!" So as quickly as he could my husband pulled the car off the road and told me to unbuckle my granddaughter's car seat and to get out. I got out and walked away from my car. I could see flames coming out from under my car and the back bumper was melting. My husband got out and got my granddaughter out. Some people had already called 911 but it was too late for my car. Flames were shooting up in the sky. The worst of the flames were around the gas tank where my granddaughter's booster seat was located in the backseat. This car was well maintained and in great condition. I hope that someone finds out what caused this. It did have a recall for metal in the motor but I had already taken it in and they checked it out.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Hello my name is Johnny **, I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. On October 15th my vehicle turned off while driving, I had the vehicle towed to Sport Hyundai in Egg Harbor Township, service guys there are great, anyway the vehicle's engine I was told needed to be replaced, I was sent to Enterprise car rental office in Pleasantville NJ then I found out that Hyundai is only paying $25 towards my rental and I had to pay $18 difference a day, I just feel that if the vehicle's engine was defective or recalled I should not be paying for anything, so I sent an email to Hyundai explaining my situation. They said that unfortunately there is nothing that they can do. I was thinking of trading my car in before all this happened and get a new Hyundai but after this experience I wouldn’t do it and will encourage anyone I know not to invest in Hyundai at all.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

In November 2016, I bought a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0 Turbo with 40453 mile from a local dealer. On a family road trip on June 3 of 2017, my car without warning started rapping and knocking and eventually seized up and left us stranded on the side of the road. It was towed to the nearest Hyundai dealership. Turns out there was a pending recall on the motor in which due to a faulty manufacturing process metal pieces were in my engine causing it to fail. After 72 days, a motor was located and installed and I was able to get my car back on August 17. On September 19th, my car started to have issues and I returned to my Hyundai dealership in CT. They kept it for a week and made several repairs with instruction to return the following week to complete a repair on the 4 wheel drive. I returned as instructed and complained that my vehicle was still giving me an intermittent problem which seemed worse in the cold.

They told me the problem was a Turbo lag that could not be fixed. I complained to Hyundai USA and they agreed with the dealership that it was a turbo lag due to poor design of the vehicle - the vehicle is too heavy for the turbo and I should just always warm my car up or know that it was going to have this problem... The car will not accelerate over 20mph while the tachometer revs up to 7000 rpm. This caused a safety hazard as we tried to enter 495 in Massachusetts and could not get out of the way of cars speeding by us. In my frustration, I googled Hyundai problems and saw several complaints with Hyundai's that performed the same way. One complaint included a video of their vehicle doing the exact same thing as mine and they said after they repaired the "wastegate actuator", they no longer had any issues.

I called the dealership and asked if that could be my problem and I also contacted Hyundai USA to tell them that I was still having a severe problem and would like to have the wastegate actuator looked at. The service advisor at the dealerships response was "that could absolutely be the problem, let me do some research and I'll call you back. Its still under warranty, don't worry". Have not heard back from him, but I have heard from Hyundai USA. Hyundai USA says they contacted the dealership who said they checked the actuator and it was fine and that there would be no further repairs to my car unless I paid for it myself.

The mileage on my car is 52400 and the warranty is supposed to be til 60,000. They will not pay for any further repairs as they say there is no problem with my car. There is definitely a problem! The repair order from the dealership does not list any work on anything to do with the Turbo or Waste Gate Actuator or that it was inspected.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

In February 2016, we purchased a used 2013 Sonata Hyundai Hybrid with 47,000 miles. We also purchased the extended warranty. The car has a new car warranty in place, already of up to 120,000 miles. Total warranty period should be approximately 10 years. In March 2017, at 71,000 miles, the electrical (high voltage battery) shut down, the car just down and would not move in the middle of traffic. This happened 3 times before Hyundai was able to repair it so the car was running. This repair was completed March 30, 2017, along with a complete fluid change and tune up. Hyundai covered the battery under warranty and charged us for the fluids and tune-up.

On October 2, 2017, the car completely seized up and engine began knocking. We had it towed into the Hyundai dealer. The car now had 81,000 miles total. We have contributed to only 35,000 miles. We have an extended warranty, but technically, since we are still under 120,000 miles, the car should be covered under factory warranty.

Hyundai refuses to repair the vehicle, both their extended warranty department and the Hyundai corporate office claims that "we" are to blame for lack of upkeep. If this was not outrageous enough, Hyundai recently signed a settlement agreement regarding their 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonatas in which the customers stated in part: "Plaintiff's further alleged that dealers frequently didn't replace the engine, citing the drivers' alleged failure to regularly change the oil or failing to keep service records." Same thing is happening here, even though the settlement was reached and signed by all parties. There is no integrity in these large corporations anymore. We are without a vehicle in only one year (we put $10,000 and still owe).

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I am sharing my experience so that everyone is aware about such poor system to avoid. I co-signed a lease agreement for my son to lease a Hyundai Elantra 2017 last year. It appears that my son stopped paying his lease starting June. We, his parents, were under the impression that he is in contact with Hyundai to manage his payment, apparently this was not true.

On July 22, 2017, bailiff came to collect the car. We were very cooperative and let the car go. I wanted my son to learn a lesson. This was not a joke to stop paying for his lease. However, the person from bailiff, never explained that there will be storage charges, the lease payment will continue to accumulate after he takes the car even if we no longer have or use the car, and all other fees I end up paying, simply he did not gave us an honest advise. Otherwise I would pay what Hyundai requires and keep the car without going through this emotional distress. With high blood pressure and other medical conditions it makes me feel even worse.

On August 4th, I received a registered mail from bailiff explaining the charges. The letter did not include a single telephone number to contact. Being proactive, I went to the dealership for information. The financial adviser there tried to assist by calling Hyundai Capital for more information. Surprisingly, Hyundai Capital did not have an update about the car status which has been taken since July 22!!! This rep gave us the bailiff telephone number, however. The financial adviser gave me the telephone number for Hyundai Capital. I called all parties to gather information. Another person from bailiff sent me the required amount which I paid on Aug 8th, that was $1677.69.

On August 9th bailiff confirmed receiving the fund and other documents were requested. However, bailiff requested additional payments for a time period I did not use the car at all as the car was/is still on hold by bailiff as explained earlier. I contacted Hyundai Finance, provided a Void Cheque with my personal banking information and authorized them to take this amount. Later speaking with Hyundai collection department they explained that this payment has to be deposited to bailiff which I did.

Morning next day I received a confirmation from bailiff confirming receiving the fund and in communication with Hyundai to get release approval. I forwarded this bailiff e-mail confirmation to service@hyundaifinancing.ca. The car has accumulated storage charges, I paid lease payment for a car I do not have or used at all since July 22 until I received it back about mid August, I found myself as the one who was coordinating the conversations between bailiff and Hyundai, but yet neither Hyundai nor bailiff were willing to compensate or provide a satisfactory level of customer service.

I spoke with Hyundai finance several times with false promises to call me back, never did. Finally by end of day I received a call from the auction that the car was held by that an approval has been received to release the car. I picked up the car after paying the redemption fee, storage fee and taxes. I have the car and the lease payment are in good standing since. Now, my son has been receiving letters under his name, not mine, to pay additional charges. I called Hyundai last week, they advised I am still missing a payment, however Hyundai could not specify what is this payment for, they was supposed to investigate this further from their end and call me back, Hyundai never did.

Today my son received the same note about this payment. I called this evening, Oct 10, 2017, and got someone on the phone, who told me this fee is a repossession fee. However the letter doesn't say anything about a "repossession fee", it says "Prior billing and misc charges returned item handling". This person mentioned this was written on the agreement, I found myself forced to pay an additional amount of money I have not been expected or ready to pay. I am not sure how Hyundai expect every single person to read such agreements, and if happen how easy the terms will be understood by an average person. All these should have been explained beforehand at the dealership before signing the agreement, which never happened. This by far the worst/worst experience I ever had with such a system. I regret I considered getting a car deal from Hyundai. In simple words, stay away from such poor system.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I bought a new 2016 Hyundai Veloster in June 2017. This bad smell would come and go. At that point you'd smell the damp smell on your clothes and hair the test of the day. Well that week in June there had been lots of rain, car smell came back. Took the car to the dealership on July 24 for oil change. 25th took the car in for them to investigate the smell. Had a water leak at the roof of the car, where the seal didn't bond the glass roof to the frame. Water had gotten into the car and floor was soaked. Him ** ordered a new roof, carpet, Sun visors, and headliner. Called me to come pick up the car. The car still had the smell. I know firsthand I smelt like the car many off times. Had to go in public smelling like sour mildew from this car. I wasn't happy. Manufacturer refused to stand by its product by honoring what was wrong. Ruet treated me like it was my fault something was wrong with the car. The car needed everything material and electric replaced.

She even contacted the dealership to see if the car was drivable with the mold and mildew. My health wasn't an issue to them. The Veloster roofs can leak and cause mold and mildew and that horrible smell. Clothes ruined by that smell. Can't get them rid of the smell as they sat in the car as my back up clothes from walking. I still have the paperwork from the car that smells and it was in the glove box.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

When we bought our brand new Hyundai Santa Fe the salesperson told us we had a bumper to bumper warranty for 100k miles. After not even a year my vehicle had rust on the hood. I called Hyundai and they would not cover due to paint having a separate warranty. When I told them I was told bumper to bumper they told me I should have read the 20 pages of documents they gave me. I assumed they would be honest and I didn’t need to worry about reading every last page of the agreement. I told a friend of mine who also owned a Hyundai about my dealings with Hyundai and he was told the same thing bumper to bumper for 100k. No one year vehicle should have rust on it! If you buy a vehicle from Hyundai I pray you never have any issues and need to call customer service because they are TERRIBLE!!

The last encounter we had: just needed to know process required for selling our vehicle which still has financing, a copy of title, and letter stating car would be paid off once we sold vehicle to private party. You would have thought we were speaking a different language. No one knew what to do and we were actually hung up on THREE times because no one felt like dealing with our requests. I finally had enough, after being on the phone for almost an hour, decided to call back one more time (now it was 10 minutes before they closed) and asked immediately to speak to a manager. She asked me a ton of questions for the next 6 minutes and then proceeded to tell me they were closed and if I wanted to speak to a manager I would have to call back tomorrow. I can’t wait to sell my vehicle and NEVER have to deal with Hyundai again.

I can’t stress it enough, do not buy a Hyundai! I thought saving $10k on a new vehicle would be worth it. If it’s too good to be true it probably is!! My car is only 5 years old and is worth next to nothing now! These cars do not hold their value and this company is TERRIBLE to deal with. If I could give them a zero star I would!! I am so dissatisfied with them and I never write reviews! Buyers beware!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I purchased a Hyundai Genesis Coupe from Parkway Hyundai (Wilmington) in 2014. I was informed by the salesmen that offered me the extended warranty that I would receive coverage for 100,000 miles. Not up to 100,00 miles, but good for 100,000 miles. Huge difference, as the car had nearly 50k miles on it already when it was purchased. I made it very clear to the salesman that I needed coverage for 100k miles. I would have purchased a brand new car, not a used Hyundai with only 50k mile warranty if this had been explained to me correctly, and now the dealership is leaving me out to dry with a car that is not drivable, a higher car payment than what I would have had with a brand new car, (because the warranty is factored into it), and they are feeding me a load of BS.

I do not recommend ANYONE, even my worst enemy to purchase from Parkway Hyundai, and also the salesman by the name of Mitchell was very distant to me after I purchased the car. I would drive all the way to Wilmington from out of town and stop by to get an oil change and he would give me blank stares and would not even greet me. What kind of customer service is that? To be nice to me long enough to sell me a car and then treat me like chopped liver after the deal is done. I let that slide because he is a younger guy, I am probably the first he ever sold a car to and he is probably long gone now if he treated someone else the same way, but yeah, I am done with Parkway Hyundai for good either way. They can forget me or anyone I know ever purchasing a vehicle from them ever again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The vehicle involved in a crash, driver's side Tucson airbag failed to deploy properly causing injuries. The company contacted and four months later nothing resolved, vehicle not inspected yet, no resolution and no other drivers warned of possible failure. Lack of real concern from company or leasing agency. Length of time it is taking them over a safety concern. We are not the type to sue but may be forced to to get them motivated to fix the issue or warn others.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Santa Fe - I bought this car at 30,000 miles and have had non-stop mechanical issues with this vehicle. About 1 month ago all my oil basically just fell out from under the car. I had it towed to the dealership and was told it was a plug in the short block that was faulty. I asked what the remedy was and they said basically you need a new motor. The plug cannot be fixed on these, you need to purchase a new motor. Who builds cars like this... HYUNDAI does.

I contacted them and told them of this defect and I said even though I'm the 2nd owner you should fix this defect. So they jerked me around for about three weeks and then said no they won't stand by their product. So, now my sole hobby will be to make sure the world knows about Hyundai, oh... By the way these Santa Fes are just glorified Kias. They are basically interchangeable parts wise. If I had know this I wouldn't have bought this car. Just know that Hyundai puts out small defects on their motors that will require you to replace the motor, no kidding!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I was having trouble with my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. It was leaking oil at an alarming rate. I would go for an oil change and 2 weeks later, I would not have any oil in my car. I didn't understand why my oil light never went on, why no one could locate the leak, or why my Blue Link was not reporting any issues with the engine of the car. My car ended up catching on fire. It was a devastating experience, the car was not even on, it was fully engulfed within the time of me going into a convenience store to get milk. When I look at my Blue Link report, it continues to tell me, that everything is all good. Right down to the tire pressure being good, and I watched those blow up in the fire.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I called road assistance on my 2016 Azera. After 1 years and half the car won't start. I have been waiting for the towing car almost 3 hours. Not a fast service at all. Very disappointing. I called back and they said the first driver had an accident on the freeway and that they are sending another one.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Hyundai Veloster 2012 - This vehicle caught fire while I was driving (rear bumper, passenger side). It was deemed a total loss. I lost all the money I put towards the car just to have nothing to show for it at the end. I could have been injured and was severely inconvenienced. Not to mention the stress that befell me during this time. I opened a claim with Hyundai motors. Not only did they "NOT" find what went wrong, but they only offered to pay my insurance deductible. This vehicle was always seen at a Hyundai dealership and had an extended warranty. My advice to anyone shopping for a vehicle; is to forego Hyundai, not only are they fire hazards, but they depreciate at an immense rate.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I had a rotten experience with service. My brand new vehicle started to rust in the trunk immediately after I bought it. I took it to service. They identified the problem. They tried to correct it and it didn't work. It took so long that by the time they came up with a solution they told me my warranty was up. They just said, "Sorry these things happen" and in the end I would never endorse anybody to go to Hyundai Canada with this kind of service and product.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I leased a Genesis (2016) on 1/1/16. It had numerous electrical problems. The main problem was the dash display would malfunction. It would be blacked out completely, when driving or backing up. Sometimes it would stay on after the car turned off and locked. Other issues: All lights go out in the interior and headlights while driving at night. * Drivers side window would only go up 1 inch or down 1 inch at a time randomly. ** Battery discharge error randomly goes off every 30 seconds. ** Strange sound in back right of car, possible gear malfunction. ** Dash display malfunction. **

* Possibly fixed. Did not happen again while I owned the car. ** Never fixed. Could not find the problem or never fixed. I had to file a BBB case under the lemon law of North Carolina. Hyundai fought me the whole way and lost. They had to buy back this car. Communication is horrific with their Consumer Affairs department. They did pay most of my case but still owe me money. Ridiculous I have to keep calling them. They never return my phone calls. I'll never buy a Hyundai again personally. I also plan on sharing my message with anyone so at least they heard my truth before you bought a Hyundai. Just so all know this message is 100% truth and 0% embellishment. Goodluck to all you car shoppers, and be smart!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Worst service I have ever experienced. I chose this company because it claimed to have the best service, but it turned out to be all a ruse. They disrespect you behind fake smiles and artificial manners. I have owned several cars and dealt with several companies but I have never been treated with such disgrace. All the problems I've come for are caused by the cheap and weak manufacturing of this car. Not even the car's remote lock lasted more than a few months. This company is crap starting from its products and ending with its disrespectful employees.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

In Europe Hyundai offer a 5 year, unlimited mileage warranty, with Hyundai Assistance ("Call us for anything you need. Even if it a tyre with low pressure", is the sales pitch). Last Sunday I called them and told them that my left headlamp was not working on my 2 year 10 month old Hyundai. Additionally it was a Sunday and I needed to drive the car at night. They sent a mechanic, but alas, he did not have a lamp (!!!). I took the car to the garage the following day and despite all the issues, they charged 60 euro (approx 78 USD) for a lamp claiming that "warranty does not cover the lamps". Lol...

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Hyundai Genesis 2015 went dead on road only 1.5 years old. Had to get it towed to Napleton Hyundai Northlake. They had to replace computer. Then it happened again a week later. Then they had to replace the fuel pump module. Now the car vibrates when sitting still. The seats and the steering wheel constantly shaking. Napleton says it is because the engine is running and that's just the way the car is. Either Hyundai Genesis is a very bad car or Napleton Hyundai is totally incompetent, or possibly both. I would stay away from both! On top of that, I can't get rid of the car because they say the current value is less than the end of lease value which is still over a year away. They want me to pay 100% of the remaining payments to the end of lease if I trade it in and buy a new one. Worst dealer service I have ever had.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Sonata - The paint on the exterior peeled off. I went to the dealer and he would not back the paint 'warranty'. For Hyundai it is 36000, regardless of age. The paint problem really made me mad. When I went to a paint shop, I was told Hyundai has had a problem for 10 years and they know it. The so-called 100000 warranty is also fraud. Try to use warranty, it gets technical and ends up costing you.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Hyundai is a very reliable automobile manufacturer. The Santa Fe Sport has exceptional power for a four cylinder crossover and provides good gas mileage. It is much roomier than the Tucson, yet not as cumbersome as the full-size Santa Fe. Comfortable for traveling long distances and has plenty of leg room in the back seat. Perfect for my spouse, my beagle, and myself.

Hyundai Company Information