Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.86/5

Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

1443 Hyundai Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 17, 2019

My daughter was driving my 2011 Hybrid Sonata home from Florida when the engine seized in Georgia. It was towed to Peacock Hyundai where they helped my daughter tremendously by getting her another vehicle to finish her trip home. Since the engine wouldn’t be there in a timely matter, Hyundai gave us fair market value for the vehicle. Everyone that we dealt with was very helpful. I would recommend Peacock Hyundai of Georgia and also the Hyundai products.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Sad and Disappointed, Hyundai Customer support sucks. Have been writing to them for over 2 months. Zero product knowledge. Customer service guys call back and talk to me asking, "What car you want to buy?" They look at the car for First time. I doubt they even work for Hyundai. I know more about Hyundai than these guys and have been driving Hyundai for 17 years, no more! Trading in for new Tesla. At least the Brand cares for its customers!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

2013 Tucson GLS 2.4L • Automatic transmission *Hyundai believes 108,000 miles is normal for a motor to seize. That is what Reggie a representative at Hyundai told me. 3/14/2019. In February of 2018 I purchased my 2013 Tucson. My sister was on the highway, driving highway speed, when suddenly the vehicle just lost power completely. She was able to roll to the shoulder safely, but only because it was a light traffic time of the day. Any other time, it would've been trouble. She called me right away. I told her not to start it till we got there, when we got there (Tow Truck already en route) there was absolutely no life whatsoever in the engine. The electronics were barely working, but the engine was not responsive.

I had the vehicle towed to a shop, to which they told me the following day that the engine was seized, they explained that the oil pump had stopped working. They even took pictures and sent them to me of the piston and the lower motor blown out. How could this be since it only has 108,000 Miles, and I kept up with the scheduled oil and filter changes! Hyundai says this is not unusual!

The 'warranty' is only honored if you're the original owner, and I was not. I would never buy or deal with a Hyundai ever again as long as I'm alive, and this inconvenience has cost me time, travel inconveniences, stress, and of course...money, not only do I STILL OWE OVER $8,000.00 ON IT, I can not get to work till it's fixed. The Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sportage, and Kia Sorento have been reported as having these same issues, but the Tucson absolutely needs to be included, because they're using the same engine (components) in this model year.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My 2012 Hyundai Veloster sunroof shattered while sitting in my garage. When I called Hyundai the lady that I spoke with stated she doesn’t know how that could just happen. Then tell me someone will contact me in about 5 to 7 business days. I have no vehicle to drive and they didn’t seem to be too big of a hurry or concerned about this defect.

Original review: March 7, 2019

When we first got our leases in 2016, we tried to set up auto withdrawal. My wife tried to set up auto pay and was told it was $30 a month. I told her she was wrong only to find out she wasn't. So my company chose to pay it. At the end of the lease we started to receive nasty messages saying we were behind on our payments. It turns out that Hyundai ceases auto withdrawal within two months of the lease end as standard procedure. Now that would be nice to know! So I had to make the payment and Western Union fee, who uses Western Union? No credit cards allowed. So I return the car to the dealer, but I still get bills in the mail.

Call them again and they say I owe two payments. How can that be? I had already turned in the car! Turns out that the maturity date was the 18th and that was the date that I turned it in. OK so what's the problem? According to them the day that you turn in the car is the day before it matures and if you wait till the day that it matures, then you pay the next months payment! So it's not a huge amount of money but I'll never use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: March 4, 2019

I phoned Hyundai Roadside assist at 8.30 am for my car in my driveway to be towed to my preferred Hyundai dealer which is only 25km away. I was told there is a 3 hour wait, 1 pm came, still no tow truck, I called them & apparently my request had been canceled. So, I have to wait another 3 hours! 4 pm arrived & still no tow truck!!! I then phoned & canceled for today! Hopefully, better luck tomorrow!!! If not, A Current Affair here I come! I tried to contact Customer complaints to NO avail!!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have recently purchase a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with 58k miles from a private party due to wanting to avoid financing and dealer fees. Main reason why I went with Hyundai was for their greatly advertise 10 years 100,000 miles warranty. Little that I know when I call Hyundai dealership about the status of my vehicle warranty I was told the warranty is non transferable to a second owner. That really let me down. So be careful buying a Hyundai from a third private party. Warranty does not transfer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I purchased a brand new 2017 Hyundai Tucson on Nov 29 2018. Right now it only has 14300 kms on it. I was driving down a divided highway 6 in the morning with no one else on it besides myself and my child in the vehicle when my rear window exploded into my car sending glass all over my 2 yr old in his car seat. I was right in front of the Police station when it happened and no one was around... Hyundai says that it came from a impact but since I was the only one on the road there was no way that I could have got hit in the rear window. I took pics and brought the car to the dealership and gave them it to them... THEY NEVER even inspected my vehicle, they just emailed the pics to head office where they said it was from a impact. HOW DO YOU TELL THAT IT WAS FROM A IMPACT WHEN YOU NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT THE CAR TO SEE.

I have called places that repairs windows like speedy glass and they even said that it could be from a short in the defrost in the rear window that caused it to explode. Since this happened I have had no satisfaction with this broken rear windshield... Myself and my child were very startled and no one from Hyundai has even done anything but send a email off. I am so very disgusted in the complete lack of everything. This has to be the worst service I have ever had... They never even offered to look over the car, never offered a loaner to get around in and never even offered to make sure the rear window was sealed up so the snow and rain would not get in.

Right now I would never buy a car from Hyundai again. My child is scared to even go near this little toy cars because of the fright. I am even afraid of putting him back into the car because if it is a short in the electrical that caused the window to explode, will cause it to happen again... I hope that this message tells the truth behind the LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. All I want is my rear windshield replaced at no cost to me... And I want people to actually look over the problem before they say what caused it. YOU CAN'T SAY WHAT HAPPENED THROUGH A PIC AND NOT LOOK AT THE PROBLEM ITSELF... I can keep going on about this but I think I made my point. I hope that something gets done with this message.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I was in a severe car accident last May. Hyundai tells me they are working directly with my insurance company and that the charges would be covered, not to worry and if there’s any problems they’ll contact me. With recovering from injuries, they give me no indication that I still have a balance from the crash that the insurance did not cover. They put me in a brand new car without even mentioning the thousands I’ve dollars I still owed. I was left in the dark.

My credit score plummeted. I then find out through the credit bureau that I have a balance on my Hyundai account that was never dealt with. I call Hyundai and they tell me it’s my fault and I should have checked in with them. I explain to them I was told everything’s as being taken care of while I was being treated in the hospital and if anything was off that I would receive a call. They tell me I shouldn’t trust everything people say!!! No word of lie, that’s what they said to me. I’ll NEVER do business with Hyundai again. They do not care about their loyal customers at all. Ruthless.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Incident: vehicle (2016' Genesis 3.8 AWD) completely lost throttle power in the MIDDLE of a busy road. Fortunately no property or personal damage occurred. Car was towed and ALL rentals from local dealers were out secondary to Sonata recalls. Defects were found to be throttle body and actuator. Reason for the complaint: 1. Vehicle was purchased brand new, less than 40K and 3 year old vehicle shouldn't have such a defect. 2. Since all local rentals are out, Hyundai/Genesis did not take the initiatives to offer customer with an alternatives and follow ups are very slow and ineffective. Hence the complaint, and shame on their boast of 100,000 warranty guarantee.

Hyundai Company Information