Hyundai

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I always had a great experience with the Hyundai dealer/service department by my house, but dealing with Hyundai directly is another story. At around 65,000 miles, my engine light went on and my fuel sensors stopped working. I did research and found that MANY other 2007-2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SUVs were having this problem. The dealer kept telling me that this would most likely never become a recall, even though I felt like it should be, since it isn't usually something that fails on a car. I decided that I had no problem using the odometer to track when I needed to fill my gas tank because I didn't have $650 to spend. I did this for just about 2 years and I planned on doing this for the life of my car. Then, I took my Hyundai Santa Fe in for the most recent recall (rust on the suspension). The dealer told me that I needed to get the fuel sensor fixed because otherwise my car wouldn't pass emissions.

I called Hyundai to see if they would cover the cost since many other cars seem to be having a similar problem and fuel sensors aren't usually something that goes wrong on a car. The lady I spoke with said that I would need to get the work done, but then I could submit the paperwork for review. I said, "so I could pay and you guys may or may not cover it". She said, "I would suggest getting the work done and submitting the paperwork". To me, this sounds like I am going to be reimbursed. So, I got the work done and submitted the paperwork on Jan. 25.

I received an email saying that I'd hear from a case manager in 2-3 business days. I waited over a week and a half and heard nothing. So I emailed again, and received an email saying I'd hear from a case manager in 2-5 business days. Five days later I was told that they weren't going to pay for anything. Beware of buying a Hyundai vehicle. They don't take ownership for things that should be recalls.

I have two Sonata 2015, which I have taken in for recalls and both days which has taken a total of five hours and ticking, and I was not impressed with how you come in for these services and you are not forewarned of the waiting time and, they keep bringing you a problem that you say no way. I haven't had this car two years yet. I had work done on one of them on yesterday and by the afternoon, it was running okay before I took it in. Now the front end is shaking. Thinking of taking it to another dealer, and see what they say, and trading it. Too many problems for a car not owned two years yet and hours to fix and no replacement in doing it.

I am the original owner of my 2011 Hyundai Sonata. There has been recall after recall. In August of 2016, Hyundai completed the Campaign 143 Recall (Power Steering). Within a couple of weeks after, my steering wheel starting making clicking noises when I turned. Right after that, my air bag light came on. Shortly after, my steering wheel started shaking when I went over any bumps. Now it is so bad (the shaking) that my steering wheel acts like it is going to pop off of the car when I go over a speed bump! So between the clicking, air bag, and violent shaking, this car feels incredibly unsafe to drive!

I called Hyundai and they asked, "What exactly do you want us to do?" I asked if there was a recall since thousands of people are having the same issue, and the customer service rep said, "There is nothing regarding a recall for this issue." I am so fed up with Hyundai. Every time I get my car back from the dealership after a recall, something else happens. I take excellent care of my car and yet it comes back to me from the dealership worse than when I take it in. When will Hyundai finally issue a recall on this as it is clearly a Hyundai faulty part?

Although I love my car, I have to say without question, DO NOT BUY OR LEASE HYUNDAI CARS. On November 26, 2016 I leased a 2017 Hyundai and turned in my 2014 Hyundai to the local Hyundai dealer. My lease payment went up about nine dollars a month. My bank inadvertently sent the new payment to the 2014 account instead of the new 2017 car account. I received a collection call on a Sunday saying I was two weeks passed due. I paid it again on the phone and started to check out why they did not receive it.

When I called Hyundai Finance approximately six weeks after turning in the 2014 they said they had the extra money but were keeping it until the 2014 car closes out. MY BANK SENT THE MONEY IN ERROR. It is now nine weeks since I turned in the car and they still have my money. I will never buy a Hyundai product again even though it is a great car and I am now on my second Hyundai. I have checked with Mission Hills Hyundai, a terrific dealer, who is trying to get Hyundai to send me my refund. They keep apologizing however I still am out the money. The Hyundai Finance people are extremely hard to deal with. DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI PRODUCT!

Their cars will leave you on the side of the road one day with no help. If they promise something get it in writing. If they recall something it will go to bank's mailbox not yours so you have to check recalls yourself. They tell you when you buy a vehicle they if they need to fix it they will give you a loaner vehicle when it's broke down. No loaner is given with extended warranty. They find a way to avoid it. They say they reimburse you for rental vehicles. They don't even have a department that reimburses you. Get everything in writing. I can tell you right now every 5k miles alignment was off. My shocks struts only lasted 20k. Replaced 3 times now. Tires wearing wrong since owned. The vehicle dealer alignment doesn't fix it unless you get alignment every 2 oil changes. Air intake funnel before the filter isn't really attached. Just sits there in front of snorkel transmission.

Shifts rough when it's cold. Their tint they offer always bubbles. The air conditioning smells like mildew shortly after you drive off the lot and every 5k miles after they fix it. Not sure how they fix it but comes right back. The gas mileage they state only lasts 10k miles. After that it's about 5 to 10 less even with recommended tire inflation. The paint is horrible. Chips and flakes at 30k. Wiper blades need replacing. Right when you buy the vehicle motors are noisy of the lot and only get worse. The hybrid battery needs replacing at 60k and depending on how often you drive it voids your warranty and if you don't keep more than 30 miles of gas in your car at all times it voids warranty.

The first day I drove off the lot my back passenger door lock started buzzing really loud every time I went from park to drive or lock the doors and they had to order the part. Took 2 weeks to get it fixed from day I took it in. Inside cabin is super noisy of outside traffic noise and tires when getting up to freeway speeds. I should have took a test drive on freeway because that would have been a deal breaker. That's about it. Can't wait to get out of this vehicle. 5 recalls in the first year feel like this car is always at the dealership service department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

I really think this should be a recall. I already had to take it to Hyundai once when I first got the care, and now the airbag came on for no reason. This is a safety issue. I am driving the car with the airbag light on because I cannot afford to have it fixed again.

I have to say, I made a huge mistake going with my tried and true Honda or Toyota. To save a few bucks off sticker I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT. At about 60,000 miles, imagine just when the warranty really expires the car starts to stall when I start every once in a while, about every two months, finally the thing stalls in the middle of the highway. How pleasant that experience was. In any case I get towed to nearest Hyundai dealer who proceeds to charge me an upfront diagnostic fee. I have no choice but to pay to find out what is wrong.

The manager of Hyundai dealer tells me I need all new spark plugs and ignition coils to the tune of $600 plus dollars. I tell him that this stall issue has been happening for a while. He says, "Sorry you passed 60,000 miles. It's your fault you didn't bring to dealer sooner." I say, "Ignition coil and plugs are supposed to last a minimum of 100,000 miles and you know Mr manager that the problem started well before I passed 60,000 miles, it didn't just wake up at 67,000 and drop dead." I said, "Can you work with me? I will accept some responsibility, for not getting here earlier, let's split the cost." Manager says, "No can do. GO to corporate and ask them."

I do call corporate and go through the whole thing that these plugs and ignition coils did just break down overnight. "I know I am 7,000 miles over the warranty but I feel because of your inferior parts caused the failure, is there anything you can do?" The old lady at Corporate who I am speaking seemingly takes some pleasure in telling me basically to go pound sand. I go back to the dealer and explain how rude corporate was and not covering anything. Dealer says, "That too bad but that's corporate's decision not mine. I can't help you." So as a customer they make you go between the dealer and corporate. Corporate says not my fault ask dealer. Dealer says not my fault ask Corporate. Nice customer service, just a game.

Finally I break down and ask the dealer to make the fix. At first they don't tell me that they need to only replace the ignition coil that is malfunctioning. They tell me all four have to be replaced. I happen to google it then ask if all 4 coils need to be replaced. Mgr says, "Oh right just the one that is not working, that will save you money." Fine, I tell them to do the fix.

Finally the car is supposedly fixed and I pay for it and get in start to drive away. To my astonishment now the car is ticking loudly. I can't believe it. It's worse. Anyway I now have to make another appointment to fix the new very loud engine ticking noise. I have not done so yet because I am going to trade the piece of junk in for a real car like a HONDA or a TOYOTA. Point is Hyundai makes cheaper crappy cars that may run for a bit then slowly break down. BTW the resale value of the Hyundai is horrible. It's pay me now or pay me later. Moral of the story you should pay a few thousand more for Honda or Toyota which is proven to last and has higher resale values. GOODBYE HYUNDAI.

Ever since December 2016 and after 5 years of making on time payments I have been having trouble making payments. I do not buy gifts for Christmas and I work through holiday so keeping track of my bank account is easy for me. I thought the automated bill came out on schedule December 23 as it had been for years instead they waited to take out on 25th a day after the due date. Never had a day late before, because I made sure to pay early before interest rate, other bills came out and grocery bill so I ended up overdrafting and paying late fees because my account was $2.00 short of 569.00. It happened again in January.

After 5 long years of good paying, they punished me because they decided to take money out autopay 3 days later. I see their GAME. They win, win, win. Win from late fees, win from interest rates and win by forcing repo in case you get so tangled in their web! Not today not ever! I will report to FCC, BBB and all the way to the top if this continues. When money is there take it!!!

I bought a 2013 Elantra about 2 years ago... One day I was simply driving down the street and my car stalled out and applied the brakes by itself and I nearly got in a wreck. I called my boyfriend (a mechanic) and he came to where I was and drove the car home to see if he could figure out what was going on. The next day I took it to Hyundai of Muskogee. The car thankfully did repeat the stalling and braking by itself for the mechanic working on the car. However they could never get the car to pull "a code" as I was told. They had my car for 7 days. They told me it was my tires so they put 4 new tires on this car.

A few months later the car did the same thing again... stalled and applied the brakes by itself... so again I put 4 new tires on the car. Both times this happened I was only driving down the road at about 35mph. The last straw was when the car again did this with my daughter driving and cause don't her to have a wreck. (I had tried to get the car in two weeks before this occurred and was told by Hyundai they couldn't get it in right now and they did not have a loaner car) I told them what was happening and left my # for them to please call asap when they got a car in. 2 weeks later I had not heard from them and the accident happened. Not trusting Hyundai of Muskogee at this point I drove it to Hyundai of Tulsa. I drove it there the very next day without calling or making an appointment and told the manager of automotive what had happened. They provided me a car and he was told he couldn't touch the car until an investigation was done on the car.

6 MONTHS LATER I finally got an email telling me basically nothing was wrong with the car and they would not do anything about it!!! I'm beyond furious! As far as I know they only pulled codes on the car and the codes were sent in. No one from the investigation team even test drove the car!!! I will never deal with this company again! Horrible customer service! After all I have been through and waiting for 6 months on my car they couldn't even spell my name right on the email I received! How unprofessional! I would never recommend this car nor this company. I have been investigating and there are 1000s of complaints on this car. The company is aware and last I read there are no recalls on this car.

I took my 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid to the dealership for warranty repairs. The dealership kept my vehicle for two months before doing any repair. They completed the defective steering and denied the defective motor that went out at approx 58,000 miles. They did not respond to my request for a repair estimate or loaner vehicle. They did not call me to update me at ALL! I then received a certified letter stating if my vehicle was not removed from their lot within 30 days they would sell my vehicle at auction. My vehicle is not safe to drive. The defects were reported as soon as discovered while under warranty. I am obtaining legal counsel and would advise anyone who has to deal with Hyundai to do the same. They are unethical and their threat against me is unlawful. This has been probably one of the worst experiences in my life including my battle with cancer!!!

HORRIBLE company from service department - dealership - to Hyundai corporate. They know their motors are no good yet deny warranty across the board. They recalled approximately a half million Sonata's for the same problem mine has. The motor seized and they are blaming the owners for lack of maintenance. I had regular oil changes every 3000 to 5000 miles. DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT - GET AN ATTORNEY.

I have a 2012 Elantra Limited with a 1.8 engine and only 46,000 miles. While driving on the freeway 12/14/16 heard horrible noise, lost power and oil light went on. No prior symptoms! Towed car to Romero Hyundai in Ontario, California. Within a few hours Hyundai DENIED WARRANTY COVERAGE though my original 5 year/60,000 warranty is still in effect as well as my 10 year power train warranties. They did this without ever asking me a question or for any documentation. Same day 12/14/16 an instant 'review' was done and denied again! This is the month Hyundai settled a nationwide lawsuit about its 2011-2014 Sonata engine failures that are very similar where the Hyundai was apparently forced to replace thousands of engines and where there is a recall of over 500,000 cars for similar issues.

I would never, ever buy a Hyundai again! I am reading all over the internet about Elantra, Santa Fe and Accent Hyundais having engine failure problems too! And owner maintenance has not been the real issue since owners with this problem had proof of timely maintenance though Hyundai tried to blame their problems on their own customers. The man who immediately denied my claim was "Abe" and also Robert ** from Hyundai corporate in Fountain Valley, Calif. The dealership that didn't help me was Romero Hyundai in Ontario, Calif. If you have a similar problem contact me and let's file a new lawsuit to get Hyundai to pay for ALL MODELS - not just Sonata that have early engine failure.

P.S. By the way, this isn't the first Hyundai denial. My Elantra had tremendous starting problems when I first got it. When I asked the dealer at Romero if anyone else had such problems they denied anyone else did. I then went onto the internet and found Elantra owners all over the country who were having the same problem. Eventually service bulletins and I believe a recall was finally issued. Hyundai and its dealers need to be more HONEST with their customers and take RESPONSIBILITY for their manufacture defects and not try to get out of their warranty obligations by forcing their customers to pay for them!

I am unfortunate enough to be one of the tens of thousands of people that thought this was a reputable company that sold reliable vehicles and stood behind them. THEY DON'T. As soon as they have your money you're on your own. NO SUPPORT even from Hyundai USA!! I have an entourage. The headlights used to blow every three months that used to tick me off, but now they don't blow anymore because they don't work at all now!!! And it's a really common problem with this manufacturer. I called the main Hyundai customer service line and they are completely useless and really couldn't give a crap about the vehicle they sold you. Do yourself a favor. Take your hard earned money and put it in a vehicle manufacturer that values your time and money and your loyalty. THESE CLOWNS DON'T!!!

Bought this car 2nd hand from a dealer. Car had low mileage and was in great shape. Two weeks after we bought it with a 3rd party warranty, we found out we could can barely put gas in it. Also we had to get the fuel level sensors replaced because we never knew how much gas we had. We have talked to the dealership we bought it from. They said they couldn't fix anything because we bought it as is. It may take up to 30 minutes to put a half a tank in.

Recently we had to take it to a different dealership because the alternator went out which was caused by a leaking valve cover which they replaced the front valve cover and the alternator at no cost. But didn't change the back valve cover which was still leaking as well. Which I would have been more than glad to pay for. Also one day after we got it out the shop now the driver's side floor board is full of water because of something leaking from the sunroof. Which there have been so many complaints about these issues. But all the consumers get stuck footing the bill.

Having recently moved to New York State, I am required to submit a copy of the title of my vehicle in order to transfer the registration. Sounds simple? Call Hyundai, put in the formal request and receive a copy of the title. Life should be so easy. This process started just before Thanksgiving. Here I am now on the verge of having my car impounded as the 30 day registration requirement for the state is fast approaching. Hyundai on the other hand, can't seem to get me my document after several hours of phone calls, numerous calls, trips to the registry and time out of work.

The finance representatives are rude, talk over me and have lied on a number of occasions. So what am I to do? If they don't send the document, I can't register. If I don't register, I lose my car, get fined or have issues with the law. I have never, ever, in my 52 years been so frustrated, disgusted and downright angry as to how they have treated me, their lack of concern and inability to get me a document, that in today's digital world, should only take minutes, not weeks and going on months.

The representatives of this company who have deliberately lied to me, put me off and disrespect me are definitely in the wrong line of work. Customer service? OMG... they don't know what the words even mean. I need help before my car is towed away and I lose my job. Why? Because I followed Hyundai's process and protocol. Because I had faith in their people... because I try to do the right thing. I guess a person's word no long means a thing.

I leased a Genesis 20 months ago. It took four months to get the lease payment correct even with dealer involvement. Then 20 months later, I get a notification that my payment is late (of which it was not and verified in my bank account) and that I owe $100 more than the payment I made on time? When I call Hyundai Finance, they tell me that is was because in June (it's now Dec) my sales tax went up. They never said a word or sent anything to us in mail, email, call... nothing.

We have been making the original payment all along without a problem. Six month later you send me a past due amount, tell me my tax went up over 5% six month ago and that I have been making the wrong payment? How is this possible. Finally, I ask to tell me the specifics of what tax and they have no idea and have the city I live in wrong - even though it's the same as when I purchased the car? They tell me they don't have to notify me and maybe I will get a call back in three business days from a tax person if not call back.

I purchased a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate from my local dealer at a cost of over $50,00. Since my purchase, my Auto Emergency Braking disabled "temporarily" light and alarm go off every few miles. My dealer says the computer tell them there is nothing wrong with the system. I have doubts that this system ever works. The dealer has had my car for over 10 days with no results. I have contacted Hyundai over a month ago but they have never called me back, only sending me an email saying the will contact me in 3-5 days.

Passengers in my car often remark, "What's wrong with your car?" with all the alarms going off. My dealer says it was not happening and I did take pictures to prove it was happening. All they could say was, "The system is working as it was designed." REALLY. I have purchased Hyundai cars in the past but never again. They refuse to repair the problem with an accessory I paid $2400.

I have a 2012 Sonata that had less than 80,000 miles on it and the engine completely blew. I found out that my car's motor was recalled so I contacted Hyundai and they brought my car into the shop. They paid for my new motor and even for my rental car for the weeks I was without my car which is very generous and I am grateful for, however the customer service since has been terrible.

My car was taken into the shop in September and was returned in November. I was told November 7th that if I sent in a picture of a monthly statement and proof of registration they would reimburse me for the months of September and October because my car was in the shop those months. I tried calling the number of the representative I was given 2-3 times a week just to get an update with no answer once. I emailed the customer service line which took 20 days to respond saying the sources of what I turned in (the exact items they asked for) were not good enough for the reimbursement to go through.

It is now December 9th. I STILL have not heard from my representative and still have not heard if I will even be getting a reimbursement with what I sent in. It's just very frustrating. In addition when they replaced my motor they also replaced my BRAND NEW starter as well and will not reimburse me for that even though it was only a couple days old. Will never buy a Hyundai again.

Hyundai is an unethical company. I own a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. At 52,000 miles, we need a new transmission! What kind of car needs a new transmission at 52,000 miles?? The mechanic at the dealership even told us that we may have received a faulty transmission because they shouldn't need replacing at 52,000 miles. Our warranty was 2 months out of warranty so the dealership was optimistic that headquarters would still pay for the transmission and service because our car had such low miles and had so recently gone out of warranty. After the Hyundai dealership went back and forth with Hyundai headquarters, they told us they were unwilling to cover the cost of the transmission! The customer service was absolutely horrible. I have never had such a bad experience with a car company in my life. Hyundai should treat people more ethically instead of trying to squeeze me of every drop of money out of consumers they can.

The car is very durable but it makes noises on transmission changes especially when the eco boost is on. The dealership I went to was great. The salesperson was very knowledgeable on the car and the process was easy. The car was everything I was looking for with a little bit of an upgrade. Some things weren't clear like how to update the nav system. The touch screen is not very responsive depending on if you are the driver or the passenger. The eco really does save on gas but it makes the change even slower when speeding up or slowing down.

Our 2011 Hyundai Veracruz is at the dealers now. Recalled item was handled previously and failed. However, they say they only fix once - so want us to pay $900+ to have same issue handled. Valve cover gasket allows oil to leak onto alternator, which then fails. Our car is STUCK in Hendersonville because we can't pay for the repair. On our 2011 Hyundai Veracruz: If there was a recall and it had been fixed correctly, the issue should be solved. It is not and the alternator has failed again. There seems to be a manufacturer's defect and that is what should be fixed.

Very happy with my 10 year old car. Bought this Sonata brand new. 10 years later I still drive it. I have 156,000 miles on it. I change oil according to book, have replaced battery once. Bought new tires twice. Have not had any major problems. Drive great. I bought it because it had a great warranty. The only complaint I have is with Hyundai service department. They are not very good. Once I learned I could take it any mechanics as long as they use Hyundai parts. That's the way to go.

It is a comfortable vehicle to drive with all the adjustments a driver can make to be not tired out on a trip. My wife and I took a trip from Western PA to the state of Washington and neither of us had aches and pains from the trip to and from either location home. We were very surprised at mileage we got on the trip. All in all we were so pleased with the car we ended up purchasing another. It feels like a luxury vehicle at a low price.

I have a 2016 Hyundai Tucson & I love it but I have a big complaints. All Hyundai vehicle's oil changes intervals in eastern Canada are every 6000km. They classified this part of world as driving conditions severe which I disagree. I own over the years three different Hyundai's & oil change intervals is same. We use to have about same intervals in 1960 & today's synthetic oils it should be much longer. Hyundai still use conventional oil. I use synthetic on my vehicles, but they tell me you have change oil same intervals regardless what oil you use to be under warranty. I also own 2016 Toyota Tacoma and oil changes on it is every 16000km. They use synthetic oil.

Good ride, 2.0T is quick and economical. This one comes fully equipped. GPS is lousy. Seat belts are hard to buckle. Seems to be quality build. Like it but would like my AWD back. Nice vehicle. Looks good. Feels good. Needs a GPS upgrade.

The vehicle provides plenty of power & significant gas mileage & is equipped with numerous features that would have been options in other vehicles of this type. I have owned a Hyundai vehicle for the last 21 years in a row & would never consider another brand. Every vehicle I have owned in that time has provided excellent gas mileage, low maintenance costs, high end standard features & the best overall value in the industry.

My 2016 sonata is a month old. The adaptive cruise system has failed and initiated an emergency stop while driving. The driver door is misaligned and allows road noise into the cabin and water into the "sealed" part of the door. The driver's side windshield wiper is misaligned and fumbles across the windshield making all sorts of noise. When I went to Hyundai of Serramonte the service clerk directed me first to a body shop. Then to the Hyundai where I purchased the car since it was a different dealer. Then told me the problem was normal and pointed to a far off car and said something like all doors are like that. We then walked over to the other car so I could show him the weather stripping on the other car does not create a gap like is on my car. He then said I can make an appointment if I want and walked off.

Purchased Hyundai Sonata 2007 model in November of 2006. Paint started to peel in September of 2009, while car still under warranty. However, I thought I'd hit something and did not bring paint problem to customer service at dealership (Shawnee Mission Hyundai in Lenexa, Kansas, area). Nonetheless, the service department should have seen it and known it was not right. In 2010 brought paint issue to attention of dealership and manager said it was a bad paint job and asked me to wait until regional rep came in to see my car. He left or was fired. Took this up with second manager who also said the problem was a Hyundai issue and should be taken up with the regional manager. This manager left or got fired and then I took the issue up with a third Service Department Manager at Shawnee Mission Hyundai. He also said he thought the problem was a Hyundai issue.

I took pictures and met with the regional manager who insulted me saying it was "normal wear and tear". He offered a 10% discount on repair which was NOT acceptable to me. Then I took it up to corporate and after further delays we're now in the year 2013 or so. Corporate said "NOT OUR PROBLEM." So, go to the internet and google Hyundai paint jobs to see what kind of inferior painting they're doing with their autos. My car is white "pearl" and I've found numerous pictures of Sonatas with the same issue. So, here's my solution. Shawnee Mission Hyundai in the Kansas City area has lost me as a customer, including the $5,000 in repairs I'm incurred from normal wear and tear and maintenance. Also, I'm not buying their Santa Fe I was planning to buy.

Suggest you stay away from Hyundai automobiles because, based upon my experience, they won't stand behind their work. Also, bought a "Bumper to Bumper" extended warranty from Shawnee Mission Hyundai when purchased the car. Their Bumper to Bumper extended warranty did NOT cover the paint job. So NEVER BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM HYUNDAI. There is no bumper to bumper warranty - it was just sales hype by Shawnee Mission Hyundai sales staff. There it is. My report. Do with it what you will; but I am not buying another Hyundai and recommend that you don't either.

I purchased my first Hyundai two years ago! After hearing nothing but glowing reviews about the company and the cars dependability. Sadly I can't say I have seen any of that! After 12+ trips to your dealerships for service issues this purchase has left me with nothing but regret. I have taken my vehicle to two separate dealerships in Nashville in hopes of receiving better service. I have time and time again been left disappointed. The car dies while driving down the road and all anyone can tell me is that it must be bad gas or I'm letting it get too low before refilling. They have even given me lesson on how to pump gas which is an insult to my intelligence. My touch screen dash went out only to get replaced with a dash that was even more broken than the one I drove in with. I was left to drive around with a none functioning dashboard till yet another could be ordered.

Recently after taking it to an outside mechanic even more issues were brought to my attention that in all the times your dealers have had the car were never even mentioned to me! The recall work on my rear brakes (which I was never even informed had been recalled!) wasn't holding up my rear brakes were still malfunctioning and causing wear to my front brakes. In addition to the fact that my car's rotational tires were on backwards! It saddens me to think a company so well noted for its customer service in the twelve times it had my car never took the time to even look at my car long enough to notice such simple things as tires and brakes! This level of neglect has made me feel unsafe to drive a car from a company who can take my safety and the safety of others on the road so carelessly for granted.

I initially purchased the car for 16,995 before taxes and now less than two years later they are telling me the value of my car is a mere 8,995. Seeing as how no one has stepped up and taken accountability for these issues it seems my only choice is to go online and post reviews. I just don't understand how this level of service has become acceptable? What happened to your morals and value?

I bought a 2011 Hyundai Sonata last year in April 2015. I bought it used with about 89k miles on it. Up until Sep. 25th 2016, the car has been working perfectly. But about a week before that date, I noticed how badly the car was burning up oil. I was putting a quart in it every week because it would read low. On the 24th, I was driving with my 1 year old in the car and all the sudden the car started making a clanking noise. Thank God I made it home that night because I wasn't sure if I would without the car breaking down. When I got home, I turned the car off and turned it back on and it just sounded terrible. Sounded as if the whole engine was falling apart. The next day, I knew I wasn't going to be able to drive it.

I called Columbia Hyundai in Cincinnati and I took it there to the shop on the 28th. They discovered that my car was part of the motor recall for that model car and that my car needed a new engine. It is now Nov. 9th 2016 and my car still has not been fixed. It's been in the shop for 6 weeks now. They still have a car in their shop from July that hasn't gotten a motor. I just got off the phone with them and they said it will maybe be the 1st week of December when they start getting motors. Shouldn't they have started mass producing these motors knowing there was a recall on the engine for thousands of cars? Makes no sense to me. Thankfully, Hyundai is 100% paying for the new motor and the rental car I am using. However, I am still making a payment every month on a car I do not have and I have asked Hyundai to reimburse me for this and they refuse to do so. Not very satisfied with Hyundai right now.

I bought a Hyundai Accent 2016 as a compact car for the city in late April 2016. The test drive was short; I did not notice any issue then. After a few weeks driving small distances every other day, I noticed that my back was getting stiff, my neck also, and I developed acute pain in the sciatic nerve. Every bump on the road made it less and less bearable. Early July, I had to drive the car on much longer distances through the city... By the third day I was crippled in bed with excruciating pain.

As I was contemplating the ceiling wondering how I was going to take my dog out and feed the kids, I realized that the last time this had happened, 25 years ago, I had bought a Hyundai Excel and I had not linked the pain to the car! Instead I spent thousands of dollars at a chiropractor and on pain killers; saddened that I had a bad back at such a young age. I had no idea a seat could be so badly built; also the suspension could be so weak and of bad quality, that it could injure our backs. In between I bought a Volvo to raise a family; then a Lexus; and I had no problem even during pregnancy or after moving stuff from house to house.

This time, I went online and yes, many others also experience back pain in a Hyundai. Doing yoga, bicycling and being fit, my age is not related to the problem, I told the dealer when I brought the car back. He offered 14 000 dollars in July to take my 20 000 dollars Hyundai back. He tried to sell to me a Sonata or an Elantra 2017 for an extra four thousand dollars. I refused. I simply cannot afford such a loss. Online I had found that many others also report acute back problems with these Sonata and Elantra. I contacted Hyundai Canada and they told me to try another dealership, that there was nothing they could do.

I researched and ordered two orthopedic cushions and back support to help. I still have a sensitive back. It is manageable, as long as I do not do long drives. Otherwise I feel stiff and need special care and rest when I get out of the car. My yoga practice has suffered from this and I no longer contemplate becoming a yoga instructor. So please DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SUCH DAMAGE TO YOUR BACK. I will sell this car as soon as possible and will never own a Hyundai again. The second time was one too many. Now I know.

Hyundai Company Profile