Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.27/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Hyundai Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

My 2013 Tucson had to be towed to the dealer. It took several weeks to get the parts in to fix it but they paid for my rental for the whole time. I had to take it back because it had a noise in it. They went through the complete engine and found nothing wrong. They called in their specialist and were able to solve the problem. They gave me a new Santa Fe to drive and I really liked it. But I love my Tucson and will be keeping it but will be buying a new car in the near future. Their warranty is everything it says it is. Jason kept me informed as the worked a lot of hours to take care of the problem. He is the kind of service manager you want to take care of problems if you have them. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a nice car for a good price and excellent service.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

If ever you want to know what Customer service is all about, visit the Hyundai dealership at 1505 Dundas St., in Whitby. The ultimate professionals were assisting us, Gabe ** the Finance Director and Samira ** the sales associate are part of this amazing team, at this location. My son was purchasing his first vehicle. The ease and process they used in making it happen, was astounding, smooth, and welcoming. I know where me, my wife, and the kids are getting our next car. Thanks so much guys, for making our experience so memorable.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I am so pleased with the Hyundai Kona. It is a small SUV and I love that it fits in small spaces. The gas mileage is incredible. The same as my Honda Civic. I love putting the Kona in Sport Mode. It has a lot of get up and go!! Every where I go, I am asked about it and told that it is a good looking vehicle. I purchased a 2018 Turbo Feb 2019 and the car only had 4 miles on it. I am almost at 1 year of being a Kona owner and I would not have changed a thing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I purchased my first brand new Hyundai Excel in 1988 and it is still on the road so I took a shot and purchased a brand new Hyundai Accent. The Hyundai Accent runs smoothly and most of all, is not a gas-guzzler. Because I still have the Excel and other vehicles, I do not drive the Accent during the winter months. What I enjoy most about the Hyundai Accent, is yes, it gets great gas mileage but it drives like a luxury vehicle with lots of speed. Colorado roads are in bad need of repair but the Accent drives over most of the unavoidable potholes with ease. The driver's seat is comfortable as well as both the front and back passenger seats. I highly recommend the Accent because it has not caused me any major problems. I keep up with the general maintenance of oil change and tire rotation. I think the makers of Hyundai are doing a great job!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I love my Hyundai Tucson. The interior is as nice as a luxury car interior (comparing to a Lexus and Subaru of comparable size). It is easy to get into and out of but has more ground clearance than a sedan. It is easy to handle in most driving conditions. It sits on an Elantra chassis so in tight curves or with wind, I recommend slowing down. It is Hyundai's middle sized SUV, the Kona is smaller and the Santa Fe larger and I believe there is a new SUV that is even larger. This is the perfect size for a single person or a couple, it is probably to small for school age kids in the back. The sound system is very good and the limited comes with heated seats and other nice options.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: March 23, 2020

DO NOT BUY A PALISADE!!! We’ve had our Palisade for four months. We love the features and ride but had it back to the dealership five times because of excessive winds noise at highway speeds (> 50 mph) noticeable in the front seats. The dealership pressure tested the cabin, replaced door seals, and checked door alignment. Finally, they removed the side view mirrors and determined the whistling sound is wind turbulence from the mirrors after a test drive. The dealership has been great but Hyundai refuses to acknowledge the issue. We opened a case with Hyundai but their case manager said there is no design flaws so there is nothing they can do. I just want a brand new $50K vehicle to act like a $50K vehicle. DO NOT BUY A PALISADE!!!

Original review: March 10, 2020

Since buying this car it has been a horrible experience. Would not recommend Hyundai to anyone. The buying experience at Southtown Hyundai in Edmonton was the worst I have had. When purchasing the vehicle, the dealership was difficult to accept a price offer that worked well for us and them, and in addition did not provide a test drive or viewing of the vehicle I was purchasing even though it was on a different lot nearby. The manager also became rude and aggressive towards my husband and I when we were asking to receive the GoCard promotion. In addition, when picking up my new vehicle it was not completely washed properly and I never got to view it prior to pick up. It was a really bad experience, that I thought would be the end of it.

Since having the vehicle it has been into the dealership multiple times as the driver's door does not open after being unlocked in any cold weather. The only way to open the door is to crawl across the passenger seat and open it from the inside in freezing weather, on a brand new car. It has been "fixed" with a new door latch, which did not fix the problem that came back only 2 days after. It has also been "fixed" again with a new lubricant that works in colder temperatures as per Hyundai Canada- which stopped working again after a day. I have now booked it in again for the same issue.

Calling Hyundai Warranty does absolutely nothing to fix it either, as they respond that the dealership would need to look at it again if it is still not fixed, and they can not do anything for it. At this point I absolutely hate my "car" that is a new 2020, working like a 1900 pickup truck. I hope that Hyundai can fix it, or provide me some sort of service for the issues involved. But as of right now they have yet to even seem to care.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Terrible finance dept. This company can ruin your credit if you don't watch out when you trade your car in for a new one. They do not not close out old car and they ruin your credit. Even tho it is always paid on time they forgot to close old car out and they sent me to the credit bureau as bad debt actually 60 to 90 days late and I no longer have that car. They do not want to fix it. The burden is on you to fix it. This is a total disgrace that a company can ruin your credit when you have always paid on time.

Original review: March 4, 2020

My 2013 Hyundai Veloster engine went bad for the 2nd time after six years. The 1st time it was under warranty and it was replaced in five weeks and I received a rental vehicle paid by Hyundai. The 2nd engine failed two years after it was replaced and after a recall was completed at the dealership to correct an ignition issue that could damage the engine. It took ten weeks to replace the engine and I did not receive a rental or loaner car. Hyundai did replace the engine out of warranty but it is obvious that they know they have issues with this engine. Who has two engines go bad in six years? I picked up my car from the service department on a Friday and traded it in on a VW Saturday morning. I will never own a Hyundai ever again!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Such a shame. We are a growing company with 2 Hyundai iMax vans. And we’ll need more soon. One of them had an engine seizure at just after 5 years, and only 120,000 on the clock. Hyundai Australia refuse to even help. What a shame. I suppose we’d better move to a company more likely to help. Mark, Blue Dive Port Douglas.

Hyundai Company Information

www.hyundaiusa.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.