2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.51/5

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Hyundai Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

My 2013 Tucson had to be towed to the dealer. It took several weeks to get the parts in to fix it but they paid for my rental for the whole time. I had to take it back because it had a noise in it. They went through the complete engine and found nothing wrong. They called in their specialist and were able to solve the problem. They gave me a new Santa Fe to drive and I really liked it. But I love my Tucson and will be keeping it but will be buying a new car in the near future. Their warranty is everything it says it is. Jason kept me informed as the worked a lot of hours to take care of the problem. He is the kind of service manager you want to take care of problems if you have them. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a nice car for a good price and excellent service.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

If ever you want to know what Customer service is all about, visit the Hyundai dealership at 1505 Dundas St., in Whitby. The ultimate professionals were assisting us, Gabe ** the Finance Director and Samira ** the sales associate are part of this amazing team, at this location. My son was purchasing his first vehicle. The ease and process they used in making it happen, was astounding, smooth, and welcoming. I know where me, my wife, and the kids are getting our next car. Thanks so much guys, for making our experience so memorable.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I am so pleased with the Hyundai Kona. It is a small SUV and I love that it fits in small spaces. The gas mileage is incredible. The same as my Honda Civic. I love putting the Kona in Sport Mode. It has a lot of get up and go!! Every where I go, I am asked about it and told that it is a good looking vehicle. I purchased a 2018 Turbo Feb 2019 and the car only had 4 miles on it. I am almost at 1 year of being a Kona owner and I would not have changed a thing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I purchased my first brand new Hyundai Excel in 1988 and it is still on the road so I took a shot and purchased a brand new Hyundai Accent. The Hyundai Accent runs smoothly and most of all, is not a gas-guzzler. Because I still have the Excel and other vehicles, I do not drive the Accent during the winter months. What I enjoy most about the Hyundai Accent, is yes, it gets great gas mileage but it drives like a luxury vehicle with lots of speed. Colorado roads are in bad need of repair but the Accent drives over most of the unavoidable potholes with ease. The driver's seat is comfortable as well as both the front and back passenger seats. I highly recommend the Accent because it has not caused me any major problems. I keep up with the general maintenance of oil change and tire rotation. I think the makers of Hyundai are doing a great job!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I love my Hyundai Tucson. The interior is as nice as a luxury car interior (comparing to a Lexus and Subaru of comparable size). It is easy to get into and out of but has more ground clearance than a sedan. It is easy to handle in most driving conditions. It sits on an Elantra chassis so in tight curves or with wind, I recommend slowing down. It is Hyundai's middle sized SUV, the Kona is smaller and the Santa Fe larger and I believe there is a new SUV that is even larger. This is the perfect size for a single person or a couple, it is probably to small for school age kids in the back. The sound system is very good and the limited comes with heated seats and other nice options.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I have had four Hyundai's. Two now have had the engines go out. My 2012 Sonata Hybrid and my 2015 Elantra GLS. Ticking in the engine turns into a blown engine. They have only released recalls on the Sonata several years after I had to sell it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I will start with I love my car, it’s a beautiful blue, fits my family well and it is a delight to drive, when it worked, but I am saddened by how my newer vehicle had a catastrophic failure with all warnings and bells that are supposed to come in play, not work and leave my young child and I sit on the side of the road on a hot day, and then get the run around between corporate and the dealership. I am an essential worker and I must get to work and get my child to and from care daily. I am being told my car is listed as a rental car, um, we bought this car from a dealer for our family car. I work at an accounting firm, this car is not a rental. It gets my little family to and from point A to point B, so someone needs to correct this paperwork error which we have been asking for.

Second, I am being told that my vehicle’s warranty doesn’t move to the second owner yet. On our purchase paperwork it states in 1 place that we have the factory warranty with the purchase and in a second place it states in very large font, WARRANTY INCLUDED, the dealer will pay 100% of the labor and 100% of the parts for the balance of the factory warranty of 10 years or 100k miles. We had the vehicle towed to the dealer per what the engineer at corporate advised my husband to do. It has been a week and we are getting the run around on if anything will be fixed and if we can even get a loaner car.

We work overlapping times on the other sides of the county and cannot possibly share a vehicle. Unable to find rides every day, one of us had to miss multiple days of work dealing with this. My car is a 4 year old Hyundai Tucson that is equipped to warn you if you have low tire pressure, a door is ajar, oil is low and so on and so on. Somehow, no warning at all, and very on time oil changes, my car made an odd noise going up a hill, and then it died. The engine seized. How can something like that happen on a 4 year old car, less than 100k miles and none of its warnings throwing red flags and there wasn’t any codes either. Did I mention my husband is a mechanic. This is not normal and I don’t understand why we are getting the run around between the dealer and corporate. A loaner car should have been approved immediately along with the warranty work. I want to be able to continue enjoying my car that I’m still paying for. :(

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

My 2017 Hyundai ELANTRA that I bought new has 73,000 miles and the engine has blown up, We have service records HYUNDAI refuses to fix my car! It sat at the first dealership where we had it towed for SIX WEEKS after it overheated with NO WARNING! This dealership told me several different things were wrong with my car...Then they finally told me it could not be fixed it would have to have the Engine replaced. Dealership told me it WOULD be covered under warranty because we were under the 100,000. I asked to have it moved to what I thought was a more reputable dealership because of the length of time it took them to tell me what was wrong with my car and the different things they said were wrong with my car. I had lost faith in that dealership but at the time still had faith in Hyundai! We also had spent six weeks with no car!!

I was afraid dealership number one could not fix my car because they stated they only had one mechanic and were a much smaller dealership! Had car moved to second dealership who I thought was more reputable after they received it seven days later Hyundai CORPORATION is now saying it is NOT covered under warranty! So I was chastised for moving my vehicle From one dealership to the other! I have the same service records I gave to the second dealership that I gave to the first dealership where it was covered under warranty! If you can help in this matter please email me at **.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I have experienced one of the lowest quality customer care and service from the customer service department of Hyundai USA. I have cases open with them for the past 4 months. I am following up with the customer service department every week, and I have received a very poor unresponsive service from this department. Do not recommend this car manufacturer if you care about (and expect to receive) quality customer care and service.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We have a 2019 Hyundai Kona with just under 20,000 miles on it. We purchased this vehicle for our daughter to go to work and school. The back seat has started to fail at the seams. Hyundai says it’s not defective and will not cover. I also have a Honda van that has 160,000 miles on it without a single seat issue. I will never purchase another Hyundai and will tell everyone I meet to avoid at all cost. Extremely pour customer service.

Hyundai Company Information