2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Hyundai Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

My 2013 Tucson had to be towed to the dealer. It took several weeks to get the parts in to fix it but they paid for my rental for the whole time. I had to take it back because it had a noise in it. They went through the complete engine and found nothing wrong. They called in their specialist and were able to solve the problem. They gave me a new Santa Fe to drive and I really liked it. But I love my Tucson and will be keeping it but will be buying a new car in the near future. Their warranty is everything it says it is. Jason kept me informed as the worked a lot of hours to take care of the problem. He is the kind of service manager you want to take care of problems if you have them. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a nice car for a good price and excellent service.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

If ever you want to know what Customer service is all about, visit the Hyundai dealership at 1505 Dundas St., in Whitby. The ultimate professionals were assisting us, Gabe ** the Finance Director and Samira ** the sales associate are part of this amazing team, at this location. My son was purchasing his first vehicle. The ease and process they used in making it happen, was astounding, smooth, and welcoming. I know where me, my wife, and the kids are getting our next car. Thanks so much guys, for making our experience so memorable.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I am so pleased with the Hyundai Kona. It is a small SUV and I love that it fits in small spaces. The gas mileage is incredible. The same as my Honda Civic. I love putting the Kona in Sport Mode. It has a lot of get up and go!! Every where I go, I am asked about it and told that it is a good looking vehicle. I purchased a 2018 Turbo Feb 2019 and the car only had 4 miles on it. I am almost at 1 year of being a Kona owner and I would not have changed a thing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I purchased my first brand new Hyundai Excel in 1988 and it is still on the road so I took a shot and purchased a brand new Hyundai Accent. The Hyundai Accent runs smoothly and most of all, is not a gas-guzzler. Because I still have the Excel and other vehicles, I do not drive the Accent during the winter months. What I enjoy most about the Hyundai Accent, is yes, it gets great gas mileage but it drives like a luxury vehicle with lots of speed. Colorado roads are in bad need of repair but the Accent drives over most of the unavoidable potholes with ease. The driver's seat is comfortable as well as both the front and back passenger seats. I highly recommend the Accent because it has not caused me any major problems. I keep up with the general maintenance of oil change and tire rotation. I think the makers of Hyundai are doing a great job!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I love my Hyundai Tucson. The interior is as nice as a luxury car interior (comparing to a Lexus and Subaru of comparable size). It is easy to get into and out of but has more ground clearance than a sedan. It is easy to handle in most driving conditions. It sits on an Elantra chassis so in tight curves or with wind, I recommend slowing down. It is Hyundai's middle sized SUV, the Kona is smaller and the Santa Fe larger and I believe there is a new SUV that is even larger. This is the perfect size for a single person or a couple, it is probably to small for school age kids in the back. The sound system is very good and the limited comes with heated seats and other nice options.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

My new Hyundai Tucson 2019, 43000 kM, had transmission issue, they do not have parts to fix it, they do not know when the parts will be available, one week and still they do not have an idea when the parts will arrive, even it is under warranty, I called Hyundai directly, but they no information about expected arrival time for my car parts, useless and helpless, I do not recommend anyone to buy Hyundai in future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata.. Have had a ton of recalls that I have had to waste a ton of time at the dealership to get fixed. At little over 100,000 miles my engine started burning not leaking oil.. Brought it to Darcy hyundai in Joliet il... Told me I have to do an oil consumption test which I had to go there 6 more times to find out engine is burning oil.. Every mechanic told me I need a new engine but corporate hyundai even though they have had lawsuits over this make and model engine tells me I have to spend 1000.00 to do more tests...

Every week I have to refill oil so there is oil in the engine and few months later catalytic converter goes bad because of the oil burning which car stopped running on the expressway and had to get it towed... 1 problem after another problem... Corporate hyundai tells me I'm on my own and the converter costs over 1000.00 even tho the engine in that car was proven in court to be bad and replacing converter would not solve the original problem of the engine burning oil.... Stay away from hyundai or you will regret it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Purchased a Hyundai Kona in 2018, just over 30G miles while in Colorado the check engine light goes on (this is August 2020). Take the car to Boulder Hyundai, they have no real idea what is wrong with it, replace injectors, debris in engine, they don't know why.... Wont release car as it could be unsafe, all 4 pistons misfiring so bad that the steering wheel pulls aggressively to the right. Supposedly they fix it, I am told if "check engine" light comes back on, stop car immediately and have it towed in, as it is dangerous to drive.

Well Sept 7th, check engine light comes on again, steering wheel pulling aggressively again due to misfiring. I stop, have car towed in. Nalley Hyundai has had my car since 9/8/20. Replaced everything again, still same problem, they are in no rush to help, they have had my car for OVER 6 weeks, no clue what's wrong, I am completely at their mercy! Still making payments on car I cannot drive, they refuse to take it back and make it right. So I am paying on a car I have not driven in over 6 weeks and there is nothing I can do about it! Don't buy a kona! Don't buy a hyundai! They dont care at all and you as the customer have no advocate!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I have done Hyundai RSA certificate dt 07.05.20 for Grand i10 petrol form P.L.Motors, Jaipur Registration no. **. There was a break down on 03.10.20. I called their toll free no.18001024645 several times But no one responded. Why the company is extracting money from customers And not attending to their complaints and charging Rs 1205 for that. Company is cheating customers. My complain no. was **. Dt 03.10.20.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I have had four Hyundai's. Two now have had the engines go out. My 2012 Sonata Hybrid and my 2015 Elantra GLS. Ticking in the engine turns into a blown engine. They have only released recalls on the Sonata several years after I had to sell it.

Hyundai Company Information