2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Hyundai Reviews

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I am so pleased with the Hyundai Kona. It is a small SUV and I love that it fits in small spaces. The gas mileage is incredible. The same as my Honda Civic. I love putting the Kona in Sport Mode. It has a lot of get up and go!! Every where I go, I am asked about it and told that it is a good looking vehicle. I purchased a 2018 Turbo Feb 2019 and the car only had 4 miles on it. I am almost at 1 year of being a Kona owner and I would not have changed a thing.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

This is an amazing car. Being a plug in hybrid I get almost 700 miles on combination electric and gas. It's very comfortable and room for 5, plus great storage with the back seats folded down {I can even get my golf clubs and cart in the back}. The electronic features are very good. It gives a feeling of safety and convenience.

Sound system is better than I would have thought for a smaller car. I would buy again.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I was just sitting here thinking, how I am so glad I trade my SS Camaro, for my Kona, as I drive to Fl from NC, once a month, $68 round trio in gas, plus all the safety features it has. It's small but can get up and move if I need to, small but mighty. It's quiet and comfortable, very roomy inside plus the lime green color is very cool. I'm happy to tell the world about my Froggy, Hyundai Kona, I love it!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I purchased my first brand new Hyundai Excel in 1988 and it is still on the road so I took a shot and purchased a brand new Hyundai Accent. The Hyundai Accent runs smoothly and most of all, is not a gas-guzzler. Because I still have the Excel and other vehicles, I do not drive the Accent during the winter months. What I enjoy most about the Hyundai Accent, is yes, it gets great gas mileage but it drives like a luxury vehicle with lots of speed. Colorado roads are in bad need of repair but the Accent drives over most of the unavoidable potholes with ease. The driver's seat is comfortable as well as both the front and back passenger seats. I highly recommend the Accent because it has not caused me any major problems. I keep up with the general maintenance of oil change and tire rotation. I think the makers of Hyundai are doing a great job!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I love my Hyundai Tucson. The interior is as nice as a luxury car interior (comparing to a Lexus and Subaru of comparable size). It is easy to get into and out of but has more ground clearance than a sedan. It is easy to handle in most driving conditions. It sits on an Elantra chassis so in tight curves or with wind, I recommend slowing down. It is Hyundai's middle sized SUV, the Kona is smaller and the Santa Fe larger and I believe there is a new SUV that is even larger. This is the perfect size for a single person or a couple, it is probably to small for school age kids in the back. The sound system is very good and the limited comes with heated seats and other nice options.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Hi All, I own a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and there's a manufacturing issue with the engine. So I reached out to Hyundai and asked them to get it fixed. And I was told that only 65% of the total repair cost will be covered by the Hyundai and remaining 35% has to be paid by me [35% is costing me 3800$]. My question to hyundai is. If there's a manufacturing issue, then it's company's responsibility to get it repaired free of cost. Why I'm getting charged for it. Nobody is able to give an exact answer for this.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I would Strongly recommend not to buy Hyundai car, Especially PUSH BUTTON start. I am having I20 and facing a lot of trouble with the push button system. The car doesn't starts for hours. You will have to wait in traffic for hours to start the car again if turned off on lights. Very poor after sale service. Hyundai doesn't have solution to this problem yet. I have been struggling from past 2 years. The attitude of Hyundai Service Managers is very irresponsible. Faced a lot of harassment. In-fact being a loyal Hyundai customer from past 10 years I would rate 0.01 out of 5. No Initiatives, no responses from Hyundai in this regard. I repeat NEVER BUY HYUNDAI PUSH BUTTON CARS. For details you may contact **.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Who sells a $45,000 vehicle in Canada where you cannot lift the passenger wiper to clean snow or ice much yet prevent wiper damage in icy weather? I was told that in order to lift the wipers you have to turn on the wipers and turn them off when they are halfway up. Now not sure if you have tried to do that in an ice storm but it is not possible to move the wipers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Problems w/ Hybrid batt, charging system since the day I bought it. Poor fuel mileage, rated 57-59 mpg, actual 31-52 mpg. Brake peddle noise at 6,000 miles, noisy a/c fan at 15000. In shop 6 times in 1 1/2 years to diagnosis/repair, no help. Coil failure (car towed to shop) at 20,000.5 case #'s opened. Requested "buyback" several times, they refused it. Case c/s reps. Rude, condescending & dismissive! Maryland "lemon" law complaint filed, in process. Will never buy a Hyundai product again!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I purchased Hyundai Elite i20 in CHANDRA HYUNDAI (City - Coimbatore, state - Tamil Nadu country - India) at 27th Oct 2017, Almost 2 years are crossed right now. Current running KM - 9670/- Less kilometer only used. Two weeks back all of a sudden push button stopped working. So I reached out top Chandra Hyundai (Avinashi road branch) for service regarding this issue at 23/12/2019. Almost 13 days are over still I didn't get any clear information about this issue (Initially the team said battery issue, then self start motor may issue and finally ECM).

Now they are saying I have to pay 70,000/- (Seventy thousand rupees ) to replace the part to solve this issue. The car even got fully serviced 1 months ago. This is really disappointing experience with Chandra Hyundai. I really disappointed for this issue even 10,000 kilometer not yet crossed but having this issue. I request them to claim but they are not responsible. I won't suggest Hyundai to anyone. Waste of time and money to approach with Hyundai.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Hyundai Company Information