Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.63/5

Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1460 Hyundai Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 28, 2018

The Hyundai Entourage minivan has been a good, reliable vehicle. We have had only a couple of very minor repairs done to it in the 10 years that we have owned it. The Entourage has a very good amount of power. It is never sluggish off the starting line. It is also an attractive looking vehicle. The thing that I liked most about this van over the other we considered purchasing is the price. It was the most affordable of all that we considered purchasing. My least favorite feature on this van is the radio. Sometimes the volume control doesn't work. If I tap the dash, I can usually get it to adjust the volume. I am only sorry that Hyundai not longer makes the Entourage as I would definitely purchase another one.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I purchased this car used. The price was a very good deal for me since at the time I had no car and very little money to work with. My car is a 2002 model with 258000 miles and still drives well, easy to maintain and has been very dependable. I am so sure of this car continuing to run well. I love the color which is a silver grey. I like that my car has 4 doors which makes it very easy if there are more than two people going somewhere together. I am investing in a new set of tires for it in the next few weeks. I have not had any serious problems that have cost me a large sum of money, only the ordinary expenses that goes with car ownership. I wish I could change how many miles is on it but I can't do that.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Hyundai is a good vehicle, great value for the price. I am not a car enthusiast, just want basic functions, ease of use and some comfort. Reliability is number one. I need a vehicle that is easy to get in and out of, perfect for my height, 5ft 7in. Must have ample usable storage, as I am a DIY. Average mpg 34. Freeway average 38 to 40 mpg driving conservatively. I choose Hyundai because I felt that I was getting an okay deal at the local Hyundai dealer, and I wanted to pay cash, limited my choices. Compared to Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Kia, Ford, Hyundai was the best deal for me. However, after three years of ownership, car interior dash and door, plastic rattling everywhere. Irritating, as I don't us radio often, thus noises all the time. Upholstery is itchy and irritating on bare legs.

Original review: June 16, 2018

This Hyundai car is just the right size, the amount of gas it burns is great, it gives a comfortable ride. There is plenty of room for passengers, the trunk is very large and great room for suit cases and groceries. Having front wheel drive and it handles well in the snow. Also, it has air conditioning, cruise control, CD player with an AM/FM radio, a five speed automatic, rear window defroster and keyless lock. Another feature is that the rear seats fold down allowing you to place big objects in the back, if the trunk is not big enough. The car also has driver and passenger side air bags. Though it did not have a spare tire it did have a tire inflator that can plug into an accessory socket. But I wish the car had a bigger engine because it lacks power and a rear camera would make it more easy to back up, it should also come with Bluetooth to make pairing with smart phones and MP3 players.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Hyundai is comfortable, has reasonable gas mileage, some luxury with leather seats and sun roof, rear window defroster and wiper, good stereo system, top carrier rack and cup holders in doors. It is also compact enough for one person, yet roomy enough for four people. It gets me anywhere and it has good consumer ratings. However, I wish there were more seat adjustments, air temperature control, heated seat temperature control, side mirror defrosters, different style of rear wiper so it doesn't get taken off in automatic car wash and heating system that doesn't blow warm air when fan is off. It also had some electronic issues early on that were covered under warranty. Rear wiper torn off in car wash twice. Must wash by hand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: April 30, 2019

I've been a Hyundai owner for two years. I had no issue with my Tucson except they charge you so terribly much for service appointments. Then I started reading reviews and my eyes opened. I even had them install a remote starter which was an epic joke. Useless.... Don't get a remote through Hyundai...ever!!! That said...my brother in law has a new Elantra which has been in shop for over a month! Mechanics say needs new engine.... Hyundai says keep running tests. So wtf Hyundai!!?? He needs for work and is still battling with this! So I start looking and quickly got out of my Hyundai and upgraded...and I will NEVER give another cent to Hyundai or recommend to anyone!!! Horrible customer service and if you don't see that...you are being fooled as they don't give a ** about the consumer!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I bought a car from Hyundai in 2018 Of September. I have had this car for not even 7 months. Bought it with 7k miles on it and I’ve never missed a payment and was always a valued customer with my parents always owning one too. So when I bought the vehicle it had no recalls on it, one day I saw something online about recalls so I ran my vin to see if my car was part of the recall and it was and the recall was for the ECM, so I taken my car to Hyundai in Manassas, Virginia and got the recalled fixed. They told me all is good and my car is ready to go.

Two weeks later my car goes into limp mode and won’t go over 20 miles a hour, I called the dealership nearest to me and asked them to take my car in and the one I called was Hyundai in Woodbridge, Virginia. They said they would not take me because my car was not purchased there, even though this fell under a warranty recall, so I called Fairfax Hyundai Virginia and they said that I could bring it in. Well I waited 4 hours for a tow truck and it finally got there and we headed to the dealership. I get there and waited 2 more hours for someone to run a test on my car to see what was wrong with it and it came back as I needed a new engine. Being told I need a new engine I was put in a rental car for about 3 months and I waited and waited and called at least once a week for an update. Felt like I couldn't get anything out of them besides, "It’s still on back order."

Well finally I get a call from the dealership saying I did not need a new engine, and all it was is a wiring harness. So I waited 3 months thinking I was getting a new engine and all I got was a new harness. Well finally I picked up my car that day they called. Returned the rental and I was heading home down I-95 in Virginia going 70 down the interstate my car completely shuts down on me and wouldn't turn back on. So I was able to safely pull over with my niece in the car with me, I got to the side of the road and called them again to explain what happen. Well they asked if I could bring it back in so I did. My car then stalled out and went into limp mode 8 more times on my way 45 minutes back to the dealership.

I drop the car off and the dealership ran it over the weekend and I get a call back on a Monday and they tell me they couldn't find the problem and nothing was wrong with the car. I get back in my car look at the mileage and it was exactly the same from when I brought it in, knowing that I am now mad. My wife and I with a baby in the car refuses to drive the car and I’ve had it parked at our house.

After contacting Hyundai America and speaking with someone named Anthony I asked nicely for them to take this death trap away from me and he said that he would do a case for me and he would keep me updated. Well that was 2 weeks ago today, I still haven't heard from him and I’ve called multiple times a day for a long time and it goes straight to voicemail. I’ve left countless voicemails and still no response. I personally would never recommend Hyundai to even my worst enemy after the experience I have had with you all and I will never own another in my life.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I've leased many cars over the years, but never have I had a more negative experience than I had with Hyundai Finance. There was, apparently an end-of-lease termination charge (unrelated to the condition of the vehicle, purely an administrative/profit charge) that was identified in the very small print at the end of my lease agreement. When I turned in the vehicle along with the inspection report that showed no damage and no charges, I inquired whether there was anything owed and was told "no", you're good to go.

I never received an invoice of any kind from Hyundai indicating that there was a balance due following the termination of my lease agreement (5/31/2018). I was unaware that there was a balance due until my bank notified me that there had been an adverse credit report on Experian. While Hyundai called my home and left several voicemails, they failed to indicate the reason or purpose of their calls and I assumed, since my lease was over and the car had been returned, that they were sales/promotional related calls, similar to the hundreds of other such calls I receive that go unanswered. Hyundai had the capability to take direct draws on my account during the lease period. I received an email communication from Hyundai on May 1, 2018 stating that my financial obligation was complete and that the payment schedule was being deleted at Hyundai’s request.

Following return of the lease vehicle, Hyundai shut down access to my online account with them; consequently I could not log-in to see details about any balance due. Although I had previously updated my address of record on the Hyundai Finance website, Hyundai apparently contacted my prior employer and sent notifications to my prior employer's address, rather than contact me at my home address. As I was no longer an employee there, my former employer did not act on these communications other than to inform Hyundai Finance that I was no longer an employee.

After seeing the adverse entry on my credit report, I contacted Hyundai to inquire what was going on. That is when they suddenly informed me that there was a past due amount. I informed them that I had never received an invoice and was unable to look at my account online because they had closed it and requested that they fax the invoice to me. As soon as I received the invoice, it was paid in-full within 48 hours.

The people who I spoke with at Hyundai were rude and unprofessional and completely devoid of any sense of customer service orientation. They didn't care at all that I had never received the invoice. Despite explaining in detail what had happened, they refused to do anything to correct the adverse credit rating report that was fully their own administrative failure! My advice to anyone purchasing or leasing a Hyundai vehicle -- work with your own bank and stay completely away from Hyundai Finance. You will regret ever having established a business relationship with them.

Original review: April 18, 2019

It is a common experience for the visors to fall around 60,000 miles on Hyundai Accents. I found 22 complaints on the internet right away, without delving very deeply. The driver visor fell on my head while driving, so I couldn't see for about 15 seconds. This is very dangerous. It also hurt my head. Had to hold the visor up until I got home. Then had to cut it off. The passenger visor fell a few months later. Called customer service and they kept telling me a case manager would call me. He was supposed to call within 3-5 business days. He didn't call for 25 days, until I kept calling and wrote a customer complaint on the Hyundai site. Even though this is quite a common issue... and a safety issue that is happening to many people, I was told that Hyundai won't do anything to help with the costs. It costs $300 to get both visors fixed.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have a 2014 Santa Fe Sport. At 27500 miles the car went in for its first turbo replacement. A month later another one. Then the engine, then another engine and turbo.... Last engine replacement they had my car for 69 days to end up charging me a portion of the rental which is supposed to be covered by warranty... They damaged my firewall, and then 2 weeks later the car is back in the shop for the same engine failures. They are refusing to fix my firewall which clearly they damaged taking the engine out of my car. Unreal... Worst car experience of my life. Oh.. and when I brought the car back, it was 5:30, they close at 6. I had to fight with them to even keep my car. Kendall Hyundai could care less about its customers. The company should be embarrassed how this location runs.

Hyundai Company Information