Hyundai

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My complaint is against Hyundai USA and Rogers Hyundai for pathetic service. We purchased our car from the deceptive car dealer, Ed Napleton Kia in Elmhurst, with a deceptive warranty sale and forging my name on a document in February 2017. Our Veloster was finally put on the road at the end of February and we hear howling sounds through the roof and found rust throughout the car (engine, under driver seat, and trunk). No floods listed on CarFax through. Hmmmm. The car is supposed to still be under the manufacturer's warranty and Hyundai corp rep, Czar was supposed to be helping to resolve.

We took it to Roger's in the south loop and their service was horrendous and they are liars. (See Yelp!) They never investigated our concerns. They were rude and ignorant and reported back to corporate they was not told about the rust, although it was in the open ticket and verbally told. Their service center was so backlogged. They would do anything to avoid doing their jobs.

After speaking back with Czar at corporate about this, their findings was they were in a mixed state to make a decision, which really mean... WE CAN'T SERVICE YOU without more inconveniences we are going to cause you. This car was taken to McGrath for the rust originally and now Rogers and both have dropped the ball. Now I am being told to take it to another place to run a diagnostics, leave it, and it's your issue to find your way back home since Indiana toll roads are where I heard it and in Chicago, the speed limit is 45 mph and they will not have their service men get a ticket to replicate the problem from an original call back. HYUNDAI CORPORATE DOES NOT BACK THEIR ISSUES, and make many excuses to wiggle out of their warranties.

I purchased a brand new 2012 Hyundai Genesis. The transmission blown at 43000 miles and they had no idea why. Now at 71, 000 the engine had blown and again they have no idea why. I am so dissatisfied. The kbb value of this car is horrible. They have fixed the transmission under warranty and will be fixing the engine, however who is to say that it won't happen again especially since they have no idea why the both blew in the first place. SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS company.

Terrible cars... worse service. I am the owner of a 2008 Hyundai Accent. It was my first new car purchase almost a decade ago. That's great, except for when I actually took possession of the keys. Within three days the gas cap had to be replaced due to depressurizing. Then about 18 months later there was an issue where the key would go into the ignition, but would not turn. The wheel lock was not the issue. Roadside came out, and said one of the tumblers were jammed. They tapped the key with a rubber mallet, and the key went in without issue.

Fast forward three years later, the original 5-year warranty had expired. This time the key would not even go halfway into the ignition. I had to pay $65 for a tow, $700 out of pocket for a new ignition, plus $200 for a rental car. The excuse I got from Hyundai of Bedford Heights, Ohio was that the weight of my keys were too heavy. There were a total of six keys on my ring. It took about a month, but they refunded me the tow and the ignition, and basically told me I was out of luck on the rental.

Now there was the recall for the undercarriage rust protection in the snow-belt states late last year. Two weeks before I received the notice, the entire exhaust pipe from the front axle to the muffler fell off the car in the middle of the street. Driving it to a Midas down the street, it was found the pipe, and all the welds that attach to the undercarriage were RUSTED out... imagine that! That was $1,000 out of my own pocket.

Thankfully, Hyundai offered a reimbursement program. I get a call several weeks after I filed the claim wanting to know exactly why I was filing the claim. I had yet to hear anything, so I wanted to see if they offered a status update. Sure enough... denied. So magically Hyundai offers to spray the undercarriage to prevent rust under recall, then tells you to stick it when parts have already fallen off due to the reason why the recall was initiated in the first place. I will never purchase another Hyundai again, and I've gladly talked several friends out of purchasing their product in the last few years. I even laugh at people driving Hyundai vehicles with new tags on them, because I know the world of pain they are due for.

Purchased new 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited, do not recommend buying this new or used. Driving highway 100 miles daily, at 60,000 miles had to replace all struts and shocks. Have since replaced all 4 wheels. On 4th set of tires, at 90,000 miles had to replace rear struts and shocks again. Replaced brake calipers as well because they lock up causing the rear tires to be dragged creating flat spots rendering the tire useless. 100K warranty means nothing when everything besides the motor is breaking down daily. I will never purchased a Hyundai again. Honda here I come!!!

I purchased my 2015 Sonata in January of 2016. After 3 days of ownership I noticed the panoramic roof was rattling, I returned to the dealership and the sales person said the car was just having some growing pains (this is the 3rd car I have owned with a pano roof - 05 Scion Tc and 14 Sonata Limited). I took him for his word and took a short road trip and the rattle only got worse. At 1822 miles I returned to the dealership and complained about the roof, and I was rewarded with the services manager telling me the 15's have been having issues with their pano roofs. They lubed everything up and told me they would call me when they had a fix.

At 3998 (3/17/16) miles I returned to the dealership with the issue growing worse, once again Hyundai lubed the seals and said it was fixed. At this point I had enough and contacted Hyundai's customer hotline and filed a complaint, and Hyundai didn't bother to respond. Shortly after my roof sustained some damage from debris and the dealership refused to work on it. They even joked around about maybe once the insurance company fixed my roof the rattle would go away. Once again I contacted customer care and filed a complaint warning of a lemon law violation.

My case was passed on and I called back every single day for almost a month until I had someone return my call. Hyundai agreed to replace my entire roof under warranty, this was done in 8/8/16 at 10161 miles. Hyundai agreed to place their best warranty on the car at no cost to me and assured me the roof was fixed. A few weeks later the rattle slowly started to come back, it slowly got worse and the dealership in several undocumented occasions lubed up the seals. Once again I called customer care and spoke with their regional person who was helping me and raised my concerns. He agreed to send a engineer out to check my roof and if he determined the rattle was there Hyundai was going to buy back my car.

On 3/6/17 I dropped my car off with an ever present rattle and picked it back up on 3/7/17 only to be informed that the rattle was not found by their engineer. On 3/8 Hyundai denied my claim for a buy back stating the roof was working as it is designed to do. Now I have to file a BBB complaint to get this issue resolved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Anyone who has a 2012 Hyundai Elantra please have your coil springs checked. I could have been killed today has I been on the autoroute instead on the service road. The coil spring on the front driver side snapped, blew out my tire and Hyundai only has a recall on the 2011 Elantra. It is not normal for a vehicle with 59,000 km have this issue unless there was a factory defect. I can't stress enough the importance to have the coils checked and if there is an issue make a complaint to Hyundai Canada, Transport Canada and whichever consumer protection agency in your area. I'm going to fight this one with Hyundai and post to every social media site possible. This is a very dangerous issue.

Nothing but problems from day one of this loan; first month wrong contract information entered that I fought for 39 months. At month 36 of my 39-month lease, I learn they made an error and it's a 48-month lease, We went around and around. Then turn in car at end of lease (48 months not 39-months mind you!) to have termination fees, return fees, mileage fees (I expected those), and had a $1400.00 bill. HMF tells me I can pay it incrementally via the same account. I pay $400. then $100 each month at the suggestion of the HMF call representative. I did this on principle because I was so mad about how I was treated so I decided to pay it slowly.

Yesterday, I get a phone call from a collection agency saying I owe $1400.00. I explain I have the payment confirmations from my bank showing $900.00 in payments my husband has made--the agency says (quote) "well he's lying. No payments have been made and you owe it." I call HMF today and the representative, Tanya, with a heavy Indian accent, tells me she sees the $900.00 and it's in collection for $402.21. Again, I tell her that her Hyundai co-representative told me to pay it that way. She says, "I'll make a note of that on your account but you have to make arrangements with the collection agency to pay it." I have never had collections on this or any car loan! OMG I was NEVER LATE NOT ONCE. It was auto-pay from my bank! I requested a statement with complete billing history and told "Tanya" I would pay Hyundai the full amount directly. I have been switched and mislead over and over. Buyer beware!

All I have to say is that the description provided by the sales person of this vehicle Tucson 2017 I leased is so inaccurate. He described this vehicle as good gas mileage, features, and speed. First of all he said 25mpg in city and 29mpg on highway, I travel a lot and it takes way less than that. Second of all key fob does not open the trunk even though it has a picture of the open trunk on it, I believe it is false advertisement, as it show that pic. I will read the manual and see what it say, to take further actions on this. I just don't know why would it have that pic if it will only unlock it, makes no sense for that use the unlock button.

Third people are not trained well as when I called in to check if it was an electric problem the person who answer said that she checked the user's manual and it was supposed to unlock it. Ask me to bring it to service to check. When I took it there, the service guy cut me off and said "nope it only unlocks it" and walked away, not even let me finish my question, so I had to leave, because no one will pay attention to me after they heard him saying that. Then they call me for my plates, the receptionist completely ignored me for a while, they gave me the plates and ask me if I want some one to help me put the plates. I said yes gratefully, and she page someone in service, after waiting for 30 minutes decided to leave as no one showed.

This is the first time I ever review someone, so I don't know what else to put, but what I can tell you is that it is the WORSE purchase/contract I ever did. I wish I can return the car, but it will kill my credit so I have to stick with it. I hope you read this before buying/leasing a car and don't go for a Hyundai or not go to that Hudson Hyundai in NJ. I will read the manual and see what it says about the key fob, maybe it is false advertisement, and I will post it here. Don't get stocked in a car like this, it REALLY SUCKS, to live with it for three years.

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - May 2016 I call Hyundai with concerns about my airbags not deploying and I explained everything to the lady I spoke with and was told they should have deployed. I was offered a new Hyundai. I provided all information, documentation and pictures and everything to my knowledge. I receive a letter from Hyundai consumer affairs in July saying that my case would be closed if I didn't provide information asked for. So I provided it to them at the email provided on letter. David ** called me and stated that if I sent anything else to them he would no longer speak to me and close my case. I provided again which he stated he didn't receive so I called and he wouldn't return my call.

I called the number in his email asking for an address to mail the pictures and documentation to and the lady I spoke with told me that she wasn't allowed to give me that information and according to the police report that I was at fault and got what I deserved which most of my phone calls I have witnesses to which was stated because I couldn't really stand or walk so it was put on speaker and held for me. Then once all information was provided I no longer heard from David, could not get in contact with. It took months of complaints and calls which was aggravating. Then I received a call after the car had been auctioned off that I told David I had retained an attorney which was untrue and that I never signed and returned the release.

So he closed my case when I provided original release and proof. I never said that which Hyundai consumer affairs had in their records. Also he called me back and said according to the pictures and documentation that the car didn't perform as it should have, that Hyundai wanted to settle to provide medical bills and all cost. This was October 2016. He said it was approved for partial coverage which he would not explain meant and then said they were leaning towards full settlement and December 1 2016 was last contact I received where David asked me what would it take to make this go away and to take in consideration that my vehicle was not equipped with side airbags.

Once I proved that it was by the vehicle documentation he said, "Wow okay that changes everything", that he would call me in a few days, that they were going to have a settlement offer and then called back that evening saying that he needed the police report which a month before stated it wasn't needed to proceed and even tho it was provided in july 2016. After that he would no longer return my calls or emails. I finally got one response saying they got the police report and was waiting on last sheet that goes with it that they requested nothing else. Now last week he called saying my claim was denied, that the officers statement stated that I was in vehicle not restrained and specifically that side airbags deployed even tho they already got statement from my insurance company saying they didn't and will not provide this report.

I supposedly signed saying my airbags deployed and I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I have pictures proving nothing deployed. The way this was handled and how I was treated being told from day one I got what I deserved, the constant threats to close my case, the remarks that if Hyundai felt that my case was worth it they would investigate, constantly being called a liar and the excruciating pain I was and still am in just doesn't seem right at all. I expected better treatment and respect from a company.

I always had a great experience with the Hyundai dealer/service department by my house, but dealing with Hyundai directly is another story. At around 65,000 miles, my engine light went on and my fuel sensors stopped working. I did research and found that MANY other 2007-2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SUVs were having this problem. The dealer kept telling me that this would most likely never become a recall, even though I felt like it should be, since it isn't usually something that fails on a car. I decided that I had no problem using the odometer to track when I needed to fill my gas tank because I didn't have $650 to spend. I did this for just about 2 years and I planned on doing this for the life of my car. Then, I took my Hyundai Santa Fe in for the most recent recall (rust on the suspension). The dealer told me that I needed to get the fuel sensor fixed because otherwise my car wouldn't pass emissions.

I called Hyundai to see if they would cover the cost since many other cars seem to be having a similar problem and fuel sensors aren't usually something that goes wrong on a car. The lady I spoke with said that I would need to get the work done, but then I could submit the paperwork for review. I said, "so I could pay and you guys may or may not cover it". She said, "I would suggest getting the work done and submitting the paperwork". To me, this sounds like I am going to be reimbursed. So, I got the work done and submitted the paperwork on Jan. 25.

I received an email saying that I'd hear from a case manager in 2-3 business days. I waited over a week and a half and heard nothing. So I emailed again, and received an email saying I'd hear from a case manager in 2-5 business days. Five days later I was told that they weren't going to pay for anything. Beware of buying a Hyundai vehicle. They don't take ownership for things that should be recalls.

I have two Sonata 2015, which I have taken in for recalls and both days which has taken a total of five hours and ticking, and I was not impressed with how you come in for these services and you are not forewarned of the waiting time and, they keep bringing you a problem that you say no way. I haven't had this car two years yet. I had work done on one of them on yesterday and by the afternoon, it was running okay before I took it in. Now the front end is shaking. Thinking of taking it to another dealer, and see what they say, and trading it. Too many problems for a car not owned two years yet and hours to fix and no replacement in doing it.

I am the original owner of my 2011 Hyundai Sonata. There has been recall after recall. In August of 2016, Hyundai completed the Campaign 143 Recall (Power Steering). Within a couple of weeks after, my steering wheel starting making clicking noises when I turned. Right after that, my air bag light came on. Shortly after, my steering wheel started shaking when I went over any bumps. Now it is so bad (the shaking) that my steering wheel acts like it is going to pop off of the car when I go over a speed bump! So between the clicking, air bag, and violent shaking, this car feels incredibly unsafe to drive!

I called Hyundai and they asked, "What exactly do you want us to do?" I asked if there was a recall since thousands of people are having the same issue, and the customer service rep said, "There is nothing regarding a recall for this issue." I am so fed up with Hyundai. Every time I get my car back from the dealership after a recall, something else happens. I take excellent care of my car and yet it comes back to me from the dealership worse than when I take it in. When will Hyundai finally issue a recall on this as it is clearly a Hyundai faulty part?

Although I love my car, I have to say without question, DO NOT BUY OR LEASE HYUNDAI CARS. On November 26, 2016 I leased a 2017 Hyundai and turned in my 2014 Hyundai to the local Hyundai dealer. My lease payment went up about nine dollars a month. My bank inadvertently sent the new payment to the 2014 account instead of the new 2017 car account. I received a collection call on a Sunday saying I was two weeks passed due. I paid it again on the phone and started to check out why they did not receive it.

When I called Hyundai Finance approximately six weeks after turning in the 2014 they said they had the extra money but were keeping it until the 2014 car closes out. MY BANK SENT THE MONEY IN ERROR. It is now nine weeks since I turned in the car and they still have my money. I will never buy a Hyundai product again even though it is a great car and I am now on my second Hyundai. I have checked with Mission Hills Hyundai, a terrific dealer, who is trying to get Hyundai to send me my refund. They keep apologizing however I still am out the money. The Hyundai Finance people are extremely hard to deal with. DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI PRODUCT!

Their cars will leave you on the side of the road one day with no help. If they promise something get it in writing. If they recall something it will go to bank's mailbox not yours so you have to check recalls yourself. They tell you when you buy a vehicle they if they need to fix it they will give you a loaner vehicle when it's broke down. No loaner is given with extended warranty. They find a way to avoid it. They say they reimburse you for rental vehicles. They don't even have a department that reimburses you. Get everything in writing. I can tell you right now every 5k miles alignment was off. My shocks struts only lasted 20k. Replaced 3 times now. Tires wearing wrong since owned. The vehicle dealer alignment doesn't fix it unless you get alignment every 2 oil changes. Air intake funnel before the filter isn't really attached. Just sits there in front of snorkel transmission.

Shifts rough when it's cold. Their tint they offer always bubbles. The air conditioning smells like mildew shortly after you drive off the lot and every 5k miles after they fix it. Not sure how they fix it but comes right back. The gas mileage they state only lasts 10k miles. After that it's about 5 to 10 less even with recommended tire inflation. The paint is horrible. Chips and flakes at 30k. Wiper blades need replacing. Right when you buy the vehicle motors are noisy of the lot and only get worse. The hybrid battery needs replacing at 60k and depending on how often you drive it voids your warranty and if you don't keep more than 30 miles of gas in your car at all times it voids warranty.

The first day I drove off the lot my back passenger door lock started buzzing really loud every time I went from park to drive or lock the doors and they had to order the part. Took 2 weeks to get it fixed from day I took it in. Inside cabin is super noisy of outside traffic noise and tires when getting up to freeway speeds. I should have took a test drive on freeway because that would have been a deal breaker. That's about it. Can't wait to get out of this vehicle. 5 recalls in the first year feel like this car is always at the dealership service department.

I really think this should be a recall. I already had to take it to Hyundai once when I first got the care, and now the airbag came on for no reason. This is a safety issue. I am driving the car with the airbag light on because I cannot afford to have it fixed again.

I have to say, I made a huge mistake going with my tried and true Honda or Toyota. To save a few bucks off sticker I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT. At about 60,000 miles, imagine just when the warranty really expires the car starts to stall when I start every once in a while, about every two months, finally the thing stalls in the middle of the highway. How pleasant that experience was. In any case I get towed to nearest Hyundai dealer who proceeds to charge me an upfront diagnostic fee. I have no choice but to pay to find out what is wrong.

The manager of Hyundai dealer tells me I need all new spark plugs and ignition coils to the tune of $600 plus dollars. I tell him that this stall issue has been happening for a while. He says, "Sorry you passed 60,000 miles. It's your fault you didn't bring to dealer sooner." I say, "Ignition coil and plugs are supposed to last a minimum of 100,000 miles and you know Mr manager that the problem started well before I passed 60,000 miles, it didn't just wake up at 67,000 and drop dead." I said, "Can you work with me? I will accept some responsibility, for not getting here earlier, let's split the cost." Manager says, "No can do. GO to corporate and ask them."

I do call corporate and go through the whole thing that these plugs and ignition coils did just break down overnight. "I know I am 7,000 miles over the warranty but I feel because of your inferior parts caused the failure, is there anything you can do?" The old lady at Corporate who I am speaking seemingly takes some pleasure in telling me basically to go pound sand. I go back to the dealer and explain how rude corporate was and not covering anything. Dealer says, "That too bad but that's corporate's decision not mine. I can't help you." So as a customer they make you go between the dealer and corporate. Corporate says not my fault ask dealer. Dealer says not my fault ask Corporate. Nice customer service, just a game.

Finally I break down and ask the dealer to make the fix. At first they don't tell me that they need to only replace the ignition coil that is malfunctioning. They tell me all four have to be replaced. I happen to google it then ask if all 4 coils need to be replaced. Mgr says, "Oh right just the one that is not working, that will save you money." Fine, I tell them to do the fix.

Finally the car is supposedly fixed and I pay for it and get in start to drive away. To my astonishment now the car is ticking loudly. I can't believe it. It's worse. Anyway I now have to make another appointment to fix the new very loud engine ticking noise. I have not done so yet because I am going to trade the piece of junk in for a real car like a HONDA or a TOYOTA. Point is Hyundai makes cheaper crappy cars that may run for a bit then slowly break down. BTW the resale value of the Hyundai is horrible. It's pay me now or pay me later. Moral of the story you should pay a few thousand more for Honda or Toyota which is proven to last and has higher resale values. GOODBYE HYUNDAI.

Ever since December 2016 and after 5 years of making on time payments I have been having trouble making payments. I do not buy gifts for Christmas and I work through holiday so keeping track of my bank account is easy for me. I thought the automated bill came out on schedule December 23 as it had been for years instead they waited to take out on 25th a day after the due date. Never had a day late before, because I made sure to pay early before interest rate, other bills came out and grocery bill so I ended up overdrafting and paying late fees because my account was $2.00 short of 569.00. It happened again in January.

After 5 long years of good paying, they punished me because they decided to take money out autopay 3 days later. I see their GAME. They win, win, win. Win from late fees, win from interest rates and win by forcing repo in case you get so tangled in their web! Not today not ever! I will report to FCC, BBB and all the way to the top if this continues. When money is there take it!!!

I bought a 2013 Elantra about 2 years ago... One day I was simply driving down the street and my car stalled out and applied the brakes by itself and I nearly got in a wreck. I called my boyfriend (a mechanic) and he came to where I was and drove the car home to see if he could figure out what was going on. The next day I took it to Hyundai of Muskogee. The car thankfully did repeat the stalling and braking by itself for the mechanic working on the car. However they could never get the car to pull "a code" as I was told. They had my car for 7 days. They told me it was my tires so they put 4 new tires on this car.

A few months later the car did the same thing again... stalled and applied the brakes by itself... so again I put 4 new tires on the car. Both times this happened I was only driving down the road at about 35mph. The last straw was when the car again did this with my daughter driving and cause don't her to have a wreck. (I had tried to get the car in two weeks before this occurred and was told by Hyundai they couldn't get it in right now and they did not have a loaner car) I told them what was happening and left my # for them to please call asap when they got a car in. 2 weeks later I had not heard from them and the accident happened. Not trusting Hyundai of Muskogee at this point I drove it to Hyundai of Tulsa. I drove it there the very next day without calling or making an appointment and told the manager of automotive what had happened. They provided me a car and he was told he couldn't touch the car until an investigation was done on the car.

6 MONTHS LATER I finally got an email telling me basically nothing was wrong with the car and they would not do anything about it!!! I'm beyond furious! As far as I know they only pulled codes on the car and the codes were sent in. No one from the investigation team even test drove the car!!! I will never deal with this company again! Horrible customer service! After all I have been through and waiting for 6 months on my car they couldn't even spell my name right on the email I received! How unprofessional! I would never recommend this car nor this company. I have been investigating and there are 1000s of complaints on this car. The company is aware and last I read there are no recalls on this car.

I took my 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid to the dealership for warranty repairs. The dealership kept my vehicle for two months before doing any repair. They completed the defective steering and denied the defective motor that went out at approx 58,000 miles. They did not respond to my request for a repair estimate or loaner vehicle. They did not call me to update me at ALL! I then received a certified letter stating if my vehicle was not removed from their lot within 30 days they would sell my vehicle at auction. My vehicle is not safe to drive. The defects were reported as soon as discovered while under warranty. I am obtaining legal counsel and would advise anyone who has to deal with Hyundai to do the same. They are unethical and their threat against me is unlawful. This has been probably one of the worst experiences in my life including my battle with cancer!!!

HORRIBLE company from service department - dealership - to Hyundai corporate. They know their motors are no good yet deny warranty across the board. They recalled approximately a half million Sonata's for the same problem mine has. The motor seized and they are blaming the owners for lack of maintenance. I had regular oil changes every 3000 to 5000 miles. DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT - GET AN ATTORNEY.

I have a 2012 Elantra Limited with a 1.8 engine and only 46,000 miles. While driving on the freeway 12/14/16 heard horrible noise, lost power and oil light went on. No prior symptoms! Towed car to Romero Hyundai in Ontario, California. Within a few hours Hyundai DENIED WARRANTY COVERAGE though my original 5 year/60,000 warranty is still in effect as well as my 10 year power train warranties. They did this without ever asking me a question or for any documentation. Same day 12/14/16 an instant 'review' was done and denied again! This is the month Hyundai settled a nationwide lawsuit about its 2011-2014 Sonata engine failures that are very similar where the Hyundai was apparently forced to replace thousands of engines and where there is a recall of over 500,000 cars for similar issues.

I would never, ever buy a Hyundai again! I am reading all over the internet about Elantra, Santa Fe and Accent Hyundais having engine failure problems too! And owner maintenance has not been the real issue since owners with this problem had proof of timely maintenance though Hyundai tried to blame their problems on their own customers. The man who immediately denied my claim was "Abe" and also Robert ** from Hyundai corporate in Fountain Valley, Calif. The dealership that didn't help me was Romero Hyundai in Ontario, Calif. If you have a similar problem contact me and let's file a new lawsuit to get Hyundai to pay for ALL MODELS - not just Sonata that have early engine failure.

P.S. By the way, this isn't the first Hyundai denial. My Elantra had tremendous starting problems when I first got it. When I asked the dealer at Romero if anyone else had such problems they denied anyone else did. I then went onto the internet and found Elantra owners all over the country who were having the same problem. Eventually service bulletins and I believe a recall was finally issued. Hyundai and its dealers need to be more HONEST with their customers and take RESPONSIBILITY for their manufacture defects and not try to get out of their warranty obligations by forcing their customers to pay for them!

I am unfortunate enough to be one of the tens of thousands of people that thought this was a reputable company that sold reliable vehicles and stood behind them. THEY DON'T. As soon as they have your money you're on your own. NO SUPPORT even from Hyundai USA!! I have an entourage. The headlights used to blow every three months that used to tick me off, but now they don't blow anymore because they don't work at all now!!! And it's a really common problem with this manufacturer. I called the main Hyundai customer service line and they are completely useless and really couldn't give a crap about the vehicle they sold you. Do yourself a favor. Take your hard earned money and put it in a vehicle manufacturer that values your time and money and your loyalty. THESE CLOWNS DON'T!!!

Bought this car 2nd hand from a dealer. Car had low mileage and was in great shape. Two weeks after we bought it with a 3rd party warranty, we found out we could can barely put gas in it. Also we had to get the fuel level sensors replaced because we never knew how much gas we had. We have talked to the dealership we bought it from. They said they couldn't fix anything because we bought it as is. It may take up to 30 minutes to put a half a tank in.

Recently we had to take it to a different dealership because the alternator went out which was caused by a leaking valve cover which they replaced the front valve cover and the alternator at no cost. But didn't change the back valve cover which was still leaking as well. Which I would have been more than glad to pay for. Also one day after we got it out the shop now the driver's side floor board is full of water because of something leaking from the sunroof. Which there have been so many complaints about these issues. But all the consumers get stuck footing the bill.

Having recently moved to New York State, I am required to submit a copy of the title of my vehicle in order to transfer the registration. Sounds simple? Call Hyundai, put in the formal request and receive a copy of the title. Life should be so easy. This process started just before Thanksgiving. Here I am now on the verge of having my car impounded as the 30 day registration requirement for the state is fast approaching. Hyundai on the other hand, can't seem to get me my document after several hours of phone calls, numerous calls, trips to the registry and time out of work.

The finance representatives are rude, talk over me and have lied on a number of occasions. So what am I to do? If they don't send the document, I can't register. If I don't register, I lose my car, get fined or have issues with the law. I have never, ever, in my 52 years been so frustrated, disgusted and downright angry as to how they have treated me, their lack of concern and inability to get me a document, that in today's digital world, should only take minutes, not weeks and going on months.

The representatives of this company who have deliberately lied to me, put me off and disrespect me are definitely in the wrong line of work. Customer service? OMG... they don't know what the words even mean. I need help before my car is towed away and I lose my job. Why? Because I followed Hyundai's process and protocol. Because I had faith in their people... because I try to do the right thing. I guess a person's word no long means a thing.

I leased a Genesis 20 months ago. It took four months to get the lease payment correct even with dealer involvement. Then 20 months later, I get a notification that my payment is late (of which it was not and verified in my bank account) and that I owe $100 more than the payment I made on time? When I call Hyundai Finance, they tell me that is was because in June (it's now Dec) my sales tax went up. They never said a word or sent anything to us in mail, email, call... nothing.

We have been making the original payment all along without a problem. Six month later you send me a past due amount, tell me my tax went up over 5% six month ago and that I have been making the wrong payment? How is this possible. Finally, I ask to tell me the specifics of what tax and they have no idea and have the city I live in wrong - even though it's the same as when I purchased the car? They tell me they don't have to notify me and maybe I will get a call back in three business days from a tax person if not call back.

I purchased a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate from my local dealer at a cost of over $50,00. Since my purchase, my Auto Emergency Braking disabled "temporarily" light and alarm go off every few miles. My dealer says the computer tell them there is nothing wrong with the system. I have doubts that this system ever works. The dealer has had my car for over 10 days with no results. I have contacted Hyundai over a month ago but they have never called me back, only sending me an email saying the will contact me in 3-5 days.

Passengers in my car often remark, "What's wrong with your car?" with all the alarms going off. My dealer says it was not happening and I did take pictures to prove it was happening. All they could say was, "The system is working as it was designed." REALLY. I have purchased Hyundai cars in the past but never again. They refuse to repair the problem with an accessory I paid $2400.

I have a 2012 Sonata that had less than 80,000 miles on it and the engine completely blew. I found out that my car's motor was recalled so I contacted Hyundai and they brought my car into the shop. They paid for my new motor and even for my rental car for the weeks I was without my car which is very generous and I am grateful for, however the customer service since has been terrible.

My car was taken into the shop in September and was returned in November. I was told November 7th that if I sent in a picture of a monthly statement and proof of registration they would reimburse me for the months of September and October because my car was in the shop those months. I tried calling the number of the representative I was given 2-3 times a week just to get an update with no answer once. I emailed the customer service line which took 20 days to respond saying the sources of what I turned in (the exact items they asked for) were not good enough for the reimbursement to go through.

It is now December 9th. I STILL have not heard from my representative and still have not heard if I will even be getting a reimbursement with what I sent in. It's just very frustrating. In addition when they replaced my motor they also replaced my BRAND NEW starter as well and will not reimburse me for that even though it was only a couple days old. Will never buy a Hyundai again.

Hyundai is an unethical company. I own a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. At 52,000 miles, we need a new transmission! What kind of car needs a new transmission at 52,000 miles?? The mechanic at the dealership even told us that we may have received a faulty transmission because they shouldn't need replacing at 52,000 miles. Our warranty was 2 months out of warranty so the dealership was optimistic that headquarters would still pay for the transmission and service because our car had such low miles and had so recently gone out of warranty. After the Hyundai dealership went back and forth with Hyundai headquarters, they told us they were unwilling to cover the cost of the transmission! The customer service was absolutely horrible. I have never had such a bad experience with a car company in my life. Hyundai should treat people more ethically instead of trying to squeeze me of every drop of money out of consumers they can.

The car is very durable but it makes noises on transmission changes especially when the eco boost is on. The dealership I went to was great. The salesperson was very knowledgeable on the car and the process was easy. The car was everything I was looking for with a little bit of an upgrade. Some things weren't clear like how to update the nav system. The touch screen is not very responsive depending on if you are the driver or the passenger. The eco really does save on gas but it makes the change even slower when speeding up or slowing down.

Our 2011 Hyundai Veracruz is at the dealers now. Recalled item was handled previously and failed. However, they say they only fix once - so want us to pay $900+ to have same issue handled. Valve cover gasket allows oil to leak onto alternator, which then fails. Our car is STUCK in Hendersonville because we can't pay for the repair. On our 2011 Hyundai Veracruz: If there was a recall and it had been fixed correctly, the issue should be solved. It is not and the alternator has failed again. There seems to be a manufacturer's defect and that is what should be fixed.

Very happy with my 10 year old car. Bought this Sonata brand new. 10 years later I still drive it. I have 156,000 miles on it. I change oil according to book, have replaced battery once. Bought new tires twice. Have not had any major problems. Drive great. I bought it because it had a great warranty. The only complaint I have is with Hyundai service department. They are not very good. Once I learned I could take it any mechanics as long as they use Hyundai parts. That's the way to go.

Hyundai Company Profile