Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.55/5

Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1483 Hyundai Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2019

My daughter was driving my 2011 Hybrid Sonata home from Florida when the engine seized in Georgia. It was towed to Peacock Hyundai where they helped my daughter tremendously by getting her another vehicle to finish her trip home. Since the engine wouldn’t be there in a timely matter, Hyundai gave us fair market value for the vehicle. Everyone that we dealt with was very helpful. I would recommend Peacock Hyundai of Georgia and also the Hyundai products.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Dan was the man that helped me choose my car. I sort of new what I wanted but his thoughtfulness concerning price and payments was second to none. He also picked us up as we had no car due an accident. He ran through every aspect of what I needed the car for. Many thanks to all at the showroom supplying us coffee while we chose. So to all at the Newport showroom a big thank you and the car well that is just great. I love it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Love my Santa Fe. Never had problems. My question is to the manufacturer. An idea for you guys. Make a 4 by 4 Santa Fe just like a Jeep Cherokee. Lifted a little higher like a Jeep Cherokee. It would be a great competition. What you think Hyundai?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

One of the best car buying experiences I have ever had. Family owned, that tell you a lot. Very helpful staff in sales as well as service. Great selection of cars and the most important easy going NO Haggle store. All options, Terms and Payment are given right upfront. Definitely recommend this store to do business with.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Paid a lot of $$$$ for this car, $50000. I've been driving a Hyundai Sonata 2011 Turbo, has 125000 on it, great car. Looking to buy another Sonata but 2018 models aren't as fast as my 2011. Went for a drive, not even close, what happen? The Genesis was in showroom floor. Took for a drive, Wow, the car floats on the pavement. 3 driving modes, sound system you better wear earplugs. Comfort, outrageous. Noise from outside what noise. Looks beautiful. If you never seen the Genesis Emblem you would not know what kind of car this is. Kudos to Hyundai. Awesome car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: July 13, 2019

Car lost power while driving down the interstate and engine started to run very roughly. Took it to the closest dealership on my next day off who called me the NEXT day to tell me that I could come and get the car, but it's not fixed because they don't have a "fault code" to be able to fix an issue, even though they can clearly see that the car isn't running correctly. Car is still under warranty, but won't run, and I'm supposed to just bring it home??? Does that make any sense to you?? IDIOTS! Then the service advisor goes as far as to try and sell me a tune-up... ON A CAR THAT WON'T RUN! RIDICULOUS!

Customer care, not much help there either. They tell me a manager will contact me in 3 to 5 business days. I also bought an extended warranty that NO ONE CAN FIND under my VIN #. How does that work? Every other manufacturer has always been able to see my warranty info listed by the VIN#.... why not Hyundai? All this sounds like HUGE runaround tactics to me. You got me once Hyundai, but never again. Should have stuck to HONDA, I've had 3 of them and never any issues. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: July 10, 2019

My son's car was totaled a month ago and it was a leased vehicle. Geico was on the phone call when we called and got the lease payoff amount. We had put a large amount down at the lease signing and had made our payments. The payoff was $17242 and we negotiated with Geico for $21762.00. We were told by Hyundai finance that the overage although rare would be sent to us. A month go by and no check. I called. They said that the account would be closed on the 8th of July and a check would be sent out. Called to check on the 10th of July, today and now I am told that too bad they keep all of the proceeds and we get nothing. That is not what they said when Geico was on the phone. They have lied and changed their story so many times. I will never buy another Hyundai!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have a 2010 Hyundai Entourage. I purchased this vehicle thinking it would be a reliable vehicle in July 2017. It had only 125,000 kms and was in great condition. So far I haven't been exactly thrilled with reliability. But my impression changed today when I went into Hyundai dealership to order new a/c-heater control panel since my button for fan speed has broken. I was told there was one available but at a stupendous price of $900.00. I pretty gagged when they told me this. I was expecting $200.00-$300.00 which is till expensive but at least tolerable. After this experience, I will never buy another Hyundai vehicle because replacement parts are sold at a totally rip off price. $900.00 for a piece of electronic that simply controls heat and fan speeds. It doesn't even have automatic temperature control on this unit.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Their recall work failed so I told them to fix it right. They replied they did it once and that's it! Told me I also needed brakes on all four wheels but I had them done 2 months ago. Liars and thieves. The judge will have a field day with them!

Original review: July 5, 2019

VIN # **. We recently returned a leased 2016 Tucson, the lease was for 3 years. A letter from Hyundai, dated 13 June 2019, stated that we owed over $1100 on this Tucson. The main cause of this costs is apparently a very small, about a 1 inch “star” chip in the left headlight area. To most people the car looked almost new. If this charge stands you have a VERY dissatisfied customer. Before this outlandish charge you had a very satisfied customer.

Hyundai Company Information