3.9/5 (725 ratings)
Get Pricing  on Carvana

About Hyundai

Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer. They make traditional and electric cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read reviews for their models:

Hyundai Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

**** 0 star **** Where to begin, I had an engine light issue back in December where the service advisor asked me to run the vehicle for fluid flush test they knew my engine needs to be replaced but they purposefully made me spend $700 for nothing. I did a follow up to check with their service team as per their request and still didn't fix the engine light issue.

My appointment is at 8 am I was there on time there was no vehicle in the lineup but made me wait till 9:30 am to let go of me as my car needs engine replacement. Worst case scenario they did not let me know until 4 pm on the same day where I had to call them and ask about my engine issue. I had to drop my car and get a rental as per Hyundai policy that was a separate drama where they want to get a rental vehicle next day at 8 am or evening 4 pm as they don't have any vehicle available. After a stern fight I got a rental vehicle on the same day. Mine is an SUV but they gave me a Sedan (Hyundai using Toyota as rental vehicle). They don't even trust their vehicle anymore, very funny.

When I dropped my car they said that they will update me with my ETA for engine within two days, as you guys guessed it already they did not follow up, I followed up for two days no response as Service team never answers the call and customer service just takes notes and never action on them. Finally I decided to go to dealership directly and inquire about the details personally, But the service manager refuse to speak with me, looks like he got appointment my foot, he was just chit chatting here and there and not ready to meet the customer. Finally I asked him to take my complaint then he said inform service advisor they will help me, they were back and forth rattling me. No resolution and service manager made a comment saying that "be glad that you have received a rental car and be happy with what you have got".

Why am I be happy to ride a Toyota sedan when I paid for Hyundai SUV so service manager re-assured that Hyundai is bad yet again. I raised a complaint to Hyundai Canada customer service team, they said they will talk to the dealer and ask the dealership to talk to me. 12 business days past still no call from the dealer. I called the customer care they said that Hyundai Cambridge assured to give a call back and we apologize for them not resolving this issue, and customer care refused to transfer my call to their supervisor where no intention to resolve this issue or my frustration, after all turmoil

I have called customer care again, they said case is still under resolution I will ask the dealership to call you. Sedan is giving me a back pain I have asked them to swap to SUV but Hyundai saying it's only car available we can't swap rental cars, if I wish to rent a car Hyundai won't cover the charges. I don't know where to escalate this issues. If the dealership owner reads this issue kindly take action to the necessary dept, if this continues you will be out of business.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

This company could use professionals. They continue to lie to you about your package after they cancel it then have you re enroll just not to give you your refund. I don't blame the agents. I blame the people over them. They are doing absolutely nothing at all. Please hire some true professional people. I can just imagine what they are not doing out of a day. I own a business and this is not how you run a company. Please don't waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

AWFUL!!! DO NOT USE HYUNDAI FINANCE! ZERO STARS! The dealership purchased our car on trade-in, and Hyundai accepted TWO separate checks sent overnight for the payoff - but claimed they hadn't and continued to harass us for collection on the car loan. HF refused to contact our dealership finance for payoff resolution and refused to provide info for them to contact HF. Now, threatening to submit us to collections because of their negligence in handling overnight payoff checks from dealerships. This dealership OWNS a Hyundai division and after this, will look to dissolve as it is a constant problem for them. HF Customer Serv agents are worthless and the corporate operations of transactions are completely disconnected and negligent.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

This company is **. The fact they made ANY car without a chip in the key to prevent thefts and break ins is ridiculous and irresponsible as a company. This company just wanted to save a few bucks and cheap out on their customers. I will NEVER recommend this car company to ANYONE, they have screwed me over with how easy it is to break in and steal my car. I cannot wait to get rid of this horrible car.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis. I have always enjoyed it, but have now been waiting to get it back for almost a month, since December 8, 2022 (today is 1-5-23) from Hyundai service in Gainesville, Fl. I took it in with brake and diagnostic issues. Turns out a service employee showed me I did not have it turned on correctly when I first took it in. (My bad). So diagnostic issues never actually existed.

I have called repeatedly, been told I would receive return call for status on my car, but did not. Have to say right away that each young adult customer service person I talked to was extremely polite, seemed concerned about my issues, and promised a manager would return my call. I received a return phone call a couple of times in the beginning, then it never happened again.

At one point I was told my car would be completed that night and they would call. Never received call, and still don't have car. At another time I was told that rats (from our yard) had been inhabiting and damaged my engine area and they would have to replace cables. That was a lonnng time ago. I have no idea if that was even true. I had to cancel a trip to visit family at Christmas, and have had to borrow son's car repeatedly. I was told there were no cars available for loan. Yesterday I called and asked for the head supervisor of the whole place. He was busy, but I was told he would return my call shortly. Never happened, of course.

I've never experienced such customer service and have to say, before December I had had good experiences with Hyundai service. I feel sympathy for the individuals who are told to give excuses and lies as to when a customer may expect their car. I would rather be told the hard truth, with updates instead of absolute lies. And have to say, I believe that their younger customer service employees will soon become sick of being forced to lie and make excuses and will start looking for a different employer. I know I would.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I got my i20 in Jun 22, somehow it meet with accident at my parking lobby in office. When I approached for claim reliance insurance just denied it saying multiple damaged. It can happens that your vehicle get damaged both from front right and left side. But those guys need cctv footage. I learnt the lesson like if I touch the car some places I shouldn't take care of me or family but instead I make the video clip to show them later or they just don't approve your claim

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I have a 2017 Hyundai Sport. In APRIL my engine blew. It has under 80,000 miles on it. It is now November and I have spent about $8000 in rental fees plus having to pay my car note. They had no loaner vehicles at all. My case manager is of no use. They keep requiring pictures of my vehicle. The poor engineering they have manufactured. They know what’s wrong with it. I firmly believe they are trying to get out of replacing my engine. I’m not getting anywhere with the warranty department or the recall. They are ruining the lives of people who had faith in their product. They don’t care at all that people are out 1000’s of dollars. I’m disgusted with this entire situation and I promise to never buy another Hyundai or Kia product. They really ought to be shut down. This is total **.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I bought a new 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. At the dealership in Jacksonville, NC I was told they would not run my credit because I was disabled. I then asked to put both my husband and I on the title since I needed my handicap plate transferred. I was denied again. In spite of this being illegal conversation from a sales person violating my rights we went ahead with the purchase. Also in spite of the knowledge that I needed the car adapted I was not informed about the mobility program. Fortunately their service department was excellent during my ownership once my car was adapted.

In May of this year we purchased a 2022 Palisade LE. We refused to give that dealership any business so we drove 3 hrs to one in Myrtle Beach that had the car in stock. Again no mention of the mobility rebate. I actually found out about it the following week for the first time as I was trying to find a new company to adapt my car. I submitted my paper work in July to Hyundai. In Aug I was told my purchase agreement was not included and I needed to resubmit it. According to my tracking the paper was received 7 days from the date of the letter.

Almost 3 months later and no response. I called and they said they do not have my paperwork. How is that possible since I have a letter saying you had everything but 1 page and the tracking number showing when I resent that page and that it was received. Nothing they can do. I need to resubmit. This all came after the first customer service rep had no idea what the mobility program was and hung up on me. I am beyond disappointed in this company's treatment of disabled people.

The salesman from Myrtle Beach did apologize to me but that really doesn't make up for the continue frustration the company causes people on a limited budget. Do not offer the program if you do not want to follow through. And nothing in the world can make up for the behavior and conversation from the first salesman in Jacksonville, NC. I would never recommend them to anyone considering purchasing a car. Also I was not able to make an appointment for my first free service. My brother in law died and I had to drive out of town. I ended up staying way longer than I planned to help my sister. I was told by more than 1 service department in the area I was at that time that they didn't care about my circumstances and they couldn't help. One even said listen lady just go pay for it somewhere else! Total disappointment

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Any company that builds a piece of crap like the Tucson 2004 should be shut down. Does no country have standards institutes that ensures such garbage does not get released at least for the safety of the people?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I've owned a few Hyundai vehicles now and have decided I will never buy another again. First off, I've always had trouble with their cheap electronics. The head unit screens going blank and not working until the car is completely off had been a problem with two different vehicles. The remote start is a predatory practice and not sure how they haven't got in trouble for it. Not only do you have to buy a subscription, you have to buy their basic package with the remote package which means $200 a year just to have remote start. ** Hyundai for doing that!

On top of that, when you remote start your blinkers go off and cannot be turned off. So if you remote start your car in the neighborhood at night, people stay looking out the windows to see what the flashing lights are. I've had neighbors ask me to stop remote starting because the flashing annoys them through the windows. They say it's for safety but that is a ** excuse. No other remote start out there had done that for me, it's just bad management and leadership at Hyundai and not listening to the customers. The one benefit of owning this car is growing such a hatred for the company that I know I will not but another.

Hyundai Company Information