2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Honda Odyssey is a minvan that was first introduced in 1994. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Honda Odyssey Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

My 2016 has 34000 miles. It was been very reliable, easy handling but, the interior is very noisy when highway driving. Gets good mileage, never has needed a major repair. The seats have held up well and are very comfortable. My only complaint with them is that the passenger side cannot be pushed back for someone who is very tall. My son is 6 foot five and find it uncomfortable to drive in the passenger seat. But there is plenty of storage space. We take lots of trips with our two dogs.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I love the way the Odyssey handles. I bought this van new in 2011 and plan to drive it another 8 years! It drives just as well as it did when we drove it off the lot. No major issues. We are a tall family with a large dog and travel often. I cannot imagine doing it with any other vehicle.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Car rides beautifully. Tons of safety features. Right lane change CAMERA is favorite. But excessive road noise on front passenger side. Sounds like window not shut tight. Other Hondas seem to have it too. Only other problem is that it pulls slightly to right sometimes and left sometimes but also will drive with no pull and stay straight hands free. Dealer said it was because road wasn't level. IDK.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I love my Odyssey. It came with navigation, back up camera, and dvd player which is perfect for the kids... However the dvd player has a drop down screen between the driver and passenger seats and causes a blind spot due to me not being able to see using my rear view mirror. I also had the car less than a year and have my check engine light on for 2 of the ignition coils. Kinda stinks it's not AWD. I haven't really driven it in the snow, nor do I have to since I stay at home with my kids.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I bought my 2008 Honda Odyssey EXL in 2011 with 72000km on it. It has been amazing. She now has 326000km on her and still rides comfortably and quietly. Just like every car, there has been regular wear and tear maintenance (brakes, suspension, sliding door rollers, just recently a battery and alternator). I love the car like ride, the super comfortable seats, the visibility and the handling. With my job I drive many different kinds of vehicles and I am always amazed at how much better my Odyssey rides than most other much newer vehicles out there. I am reluctantly looking for another vehicle (and seriously thinking about another Odyssey) as I know my time might be limited with this van, but I will be keeping it for the kids to drive to their summer jobs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Odyssey?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Have the vehicle for 6 years (2013). Other than tires and maintenance (brakes, oil), never needed any major repair. To this day everything works. Runs smoothly. I love how the seats fold down or come out when hauling furniture.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I leased another Honda Odyssey after turning in my 2016 Honda Odyssey. I have had nothing but issues with my brand new mini van. Apparently I was explained by the regional manager which they had to get for me after so many trips to the Honda to please fix my car, that the transmission they put in these 2019 Odyssey are manufactured by someone else. They told me, "Sorry but that is just the sound and jerk the transmission does and there is nothing we can do with it." It sounds horrible, like the transmission is going to fall out between like second and third gear. I am more than disappointed and will never purchase another Honda Odyssey and have told everyone about my horrible experience with this vehicle!!! Make sure you test drive and hopefully you won’t get the problems I did with this van.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

We had huge disappointment with 2014 Honda Odyssey van when it hit 50K problem start occurring in the transmission, it took them lots of time to figure out the problem. We then exchanged it to Honda Odyssey 2016. Tires were worn out once it hit the 40K. Rooters start wiggling as we approached 35k even they changed them to a new ones as they said. Now they can't trust their brand. They suggested to be replaced with aftermarket. I am not buying Honda again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We have owned 2 Honda Odysseys and loved them, but suddenly for no reason the paint on our white 2010 with 103k miles has begun to peel off in large 8 inch chunks down to the primer for no reason in 3 totally separate places (including under the hood). We were told by the dealer and verified with research that there have been paint peeling issues on several models for over 15 years, warranties have been extended, and cars re-painted. We were told by Honda America that we were on our own for this since it is 9 years old despite the fact that adhesion issues remain. Sadly, this will be our last Honda product and I discourage anyone from buying Honda or Acura, who admittedly has paint issues as well.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I had 2018 Odyssey Elite. Car entertainment system (touchscreen apps) does not work properly. Sometime in car rear entertainment screen stay blank event though I can hear voice of DVD playing or any other video playing but can't see anything. Second, I play music by using flash drive by using USB port. So, sometime screen keep saying initializing which mean trying to read flash drive and music does not play at all. If, I am making call through bluetooth and hang up call, music that was playing before call, suppose to resume playing automatically but does not resume after call. Some time touchscreen does not turn on and stay blank. For all above problem I had to turn of car and wait for minute and turn back car on and everything seem working fine.

I took car to dealership but since they were not able to replicate same issue I am facing they can't check what's wrong. But last time they called Honda tech department and find out that there is some issues going on rear entertainment system but as of now neither Honda not tech department has any solution so I have to wait till they had any solution which is no guaranteed time. I also email to Honda customer care department and in reply I got email that I will get call from manager in 3 to 5 business day which I had not received. Looks like they only know to make money from customer but does not know to provide proper service.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Honda Odyssey Company Information