2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (403 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Honda Odyssey

The Honda Odyssey is a minvan that was first introduced in 1994. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Odyssey Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Odyssey?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Odyssey?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Piston rings went out. Cost 4500 to fix. Honda customer service doesn’t care. I thought Hondas were a better vehicle than that. I was wrong. After research I learn many owners have had the same expensive repair at low miles. Should have been a recall.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

2013 Honda Odyssey, 96k miles, well taken care of, left me and my 2 small children on the side of the road due to engine clunking and flashing dash lights. Dealership said it needed 3 pistons replaced and another set of plugs, $3k out of my pocket (on my emergency credit card). I replaced those plugs last year. I bought the van 20k miles ago from dealership. Honda forums are lit up with this known issue. So far Honda has offered nothing. There’s nothing to prevent it from occurring again. Work is only warrantied 12 months. The class action suit should have covered this but Honda claimed for some reason it didn’t.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I bought a 2020 Honda Odyssey in August 2020. Upon arriving home, I put the third row of seats down with the idea of leaving them there permanently since I saw myself never using them. Ten months later I moved to Ohio and, while attempting to back my car out of the driveway, I hit the box of the moving truck which took out my rear and passenger-side window. I was able to locate my shop vac among the myriad of stuff the movers had put in the garage and began to vacuum up the glass chards. When I lifted the third row of seats, I found standing water (around 6 inches) in the well. The backs of the seats were soaking wet. With only 7,600 miles on the vehicle, I was certain that the warranty would cover it. I had the windows replaced by a local body repair shop and then took the van to a nearby Honda dealership. They had it for about a month and by then I was somewhat impatient with the length of time it was there.

After numerous phone calls, I drove over to the dealership seeking out the service manager who took me to the lot behind the building where the back interior and bumper had totally been removed with some obvious patchwork done along the metal seams. The service manager informed me that the hatch gasket was on back order and as soon as it was arrived, they would re-install the parts that they had dismantled and I could take it with me. I politely asked, "And what about the third row? Will that be replaced?" I was informed that the manufacturer’s rep as well as his boss said that a new third row would NOT happen. The manager informed me that the third row had been sent to their detail shop to be cleaned and that was the best they could do.

When I looked at the bare space and all the rust stains, I knew that their unwillingness to replace the third row and the unknown extent of damage to the electrical components by water sitting in the well for 10 months was unacceptable. Long story short, I was completely disgusted with corporate Honda and their unwillingness to stand behind their warranty. I certainly did not want the van back in its rusty, water-logged condition. Fortunately, with a shortage of used cars, I was able get what I originally paid for the Honda Odyssey in a trade for 2021 vehicle - not a Honda. Very disappointed in Honda's workmanship and their inability to stand behind their warranty.

Original review: May 20, 2020

He took care of my van, after being stranded on the road. He was very informative and compassionate and took care of my van very quickly. No wonder he is a manager, Still needs a raise, wish there were more of him around. Kudos also to Jose the mechanic for taking time to explain the problem and for fixing the van in a timely manner. Got home safely, thank to both :)

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I’d like to start my e-mail by saying, I’ve been a Honda customer since 2009. My favorite make of car has always been a Honda because of the value and elegance that Honda put into its vehicles. As my family grew, so did my Honda purchases. I traded in my CRV for the Pilot. After I paid my 2013 Pilot off I decided to buy a van. I kept my pilot and added the 2019 Odyssey van. There was never any question as to which make of van I would purchase. I went straight to the dealership (Fletcher Honda in Bentonville, AR) and bought it.

I bought my van in January, 2019. Come August, 2019 my screen went black one day while leaving work. My rear view camera did not work. It was time for an oil change, so I mentioned the screen to my husband and he mentioned it to the service writer. The tech said he fixed a recall and that should fix the screen. Emily (service writer) said they could not guarantee it was fixed and to bring it back in if we had any trouble. January 6, 2020, I took my Honda back because the screen went black again. They said some codes came back; they rewired it. Also, I was told it would be better to bring it in while the black screen was showing, so they could see it.

February 14, 2020, my Bluetooth cut out and nothing would work on the screen. It was frozen. I was on my way to work. Eventually, the screen went black and I drove straight to the dealership mentioned above. FINALLY, Doug and Jerry saw it. Doug plugged his phone in to make sure it wasn’t my phone. No, it was not my phone. I was told the van needed to be kept over the next few days by Emily. I had a few items I needed from my car, so I went to pick them up. The tech told me there was nothing wrong with my screen (infotainment system) and it worked fine.

I could not believe when I left there that Fletcher Honda could/would not help me. They gave me the Honda corporation phone number. I called, received a case number (**) and then waited on my call from my case manager. That is where Ceaser (case manager) comes in. He called me Monday and left a message to call him back. I called and left 4 messages per my husband and I over the next four days. Finally, on Thursday (today 2-20-2020) I heard back from him. He told me the problem could be my phone, but that he talked to the tech guy at Fletcher Honda and the issue is not on Honda’s side. This is contradictory to what the tech guy from Fletcher Honda told me on 2-14-2020. He said these issues with the infotainment system is a problem but there was no fix as of now.

There was much more to the conversation between Ceaser and I; however the point I want to make is:A. I received no help, and B. I was treated disrespectfully and not as a priority as a Honda customer by anyone representing Honda. I am wanting answers on how to fix my infotainment system. All I have asked for from anyone is to please help. Instead I’ve been demeaned, disrespected, and treated as a number not a person. Please help!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Have the vehicle for 6 years (2013). Other than tires and maintenance (brakes, oil), never needed any major repair. To this day everything works. Runs smoothly. I love how the seats fold down or come out when hauling furniture.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

My 2016 has 34000 miles. It was been very reliable, easy handling but, the interior is very noisy when highway driving. Gets good mileage, never has needed a major repair. The seats have held up well and are very comfortable. My only complaint with them is that the passenger side cannot be pushed back for someone who is very tall. My son is 6 foot five and find it uncomfortable to drive in the passenger seat. But there is plenty of storage space. We take lots of trips with our two dogs.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I love the way the Odyssey handles. I bought this van new in 2011 and plan to drive it another 8 years! It drives just as well as it did when we drove it off the lot. No major issues. We are a tall family with a large dog and travel often. I cannot imagine doing it with any other vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I leased another Honda Odyssey after turning in my 2016 Honda Odyssey. I have had nothing but issues with my brand new mini van. Apparently I was explained by the regional manager which they had to get for me after so many trips to the Honda to please fix my car, that the transmission they put in these 2019 Odyssey are manufactured by someone else. They told me, "Sorry but that is just the sound and jerk the transmission does and there is nothing we can do with it." It sounds horrible, like the transmission is going to fall out between like second and third gear. I am more than disappointed and will never purchase another Honda Odyssey and have told everyone about my horrible experience with this vehicle!!! Make sure you test drive and hopefully you won’t get the problems I did with this van.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Car rides beautifully. Tons of safety features. Right lane change CAMERA is favorite. But excessive road noise on front passenger side. Sounds like window not shut tight. Other Hondas seem to have it too. Only other problem is that it pulls slightly to right sometimes and left sometimes but also will drive with no pull and stay straight hands free. Dealer said it was because road wasn't level. IDK.

Honda Odyssey Company Information