4.0/5 (214 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Ford F-250/F-350

The Ford F-250/F-350 is part of the Ford F-Series Super Duty lineup of heavy-duty trucks. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford F-250/F-350 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-250/F-350?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-250/F-350?

Original review: July 13, 2015

The Ford death wobble isn't were only older trucks. My brand new 2015 F-350 with only five thousand miles on it has experienced it 5 times so far. The local dealership I purchased the truck from is unwilling to do anything about it because it will not happen when on a test drive with service personnel. Is board waiting for someone to die before they acknowledge this issue and correct the problems?

Original review: July 9, 2015

Truck rolled approximately 200 feet destroying 32 feet of fencing and damaging truck tailgate.

Original review: July 8, 2015

On our way home from our really nice vacation on July 5, 2015, I was pulling our 40' fifth wheel trailer with our 2014 Ford F350 Diesel pick up. Brian bought this pickup brand new, with cash from the dealership in Idaho. He had an Edge computer chip installed and a 4" lift added as well as 35x12.5xR18 tires, all installed by the dealership.

However, I need to back up to April of this year. We went to our shop in Donnelly, ID to pick up my husband's skidsteer to bring back to our home. Donnelly is approximately two hours from our home. Approximately 1.25 hours later, just outside of Horseshoe Bend, ID, on an incline, going 60 MPH, while I was pulling the skidsteer on a flatbed trailer, the dashboard started flashing a message, "Exhaust Filter Overload, Drive to Clean". However, I was already going 60 MPH on a two lane freeway, uphill, pulling the flatbed with a skidsteer. There is no way for me to go any faster to clean an exhaust filter. The next thing I know, the screen starts to flash a red message "Stop Safely Now!" Literally, within two seconds, going 60 MPH, uphill the engine shut itself OFF!

I panicked and Brian reached over, put the flashers on, put the truck in park and told me to try to restart the truck. Luckily, it did and all the traffic went around me. I got over the hill, but noticed the pickup had lost some power and managed to pull the skidsteer on reduced power. The truck engine was running hot, near 1200 degrees for the remainder of the trip home. As we pulled into the driveway, the truck's screen started flashing the same "Stop Safely Now" message and the engine, once again shut itself off within two seconds. We were fortunate it was in our driveway. I got out and Brian got in to restart the pick up, which it would not start. He used the Edge Computer chip to reset the truck's computer settings and it restarted.

The next morning he called the dealership and the person he spoke with told him that Brian needed to take the truck on the freeway to drive it as fast as he could to burn whatever was in the exhaust filter out because it was clogged. Brian asked him how fast was fast because I was already going 60 MPH on the highway when the message was flashing to begin with. He got no reasonable answer, but took the truck on the freeway and drove it at 65 MPH and all seemed to work just fine until July 5, 2015. That was until I was driving home from Stanley, ID. I was on incline, pulling our fifth wheel at 55 MPH which is the posted speed limit. That is when suddenly I noticed on the Edge computer chip that the engine temperature was nearing 1400 degrees, which I have not seen get that hot before.

Mind you, this Edge computer chip had not been altered to change the truck's computer settings from the stock settings at this time. It is used so that we can read other settings such as temperature reading, turbo boost and things are working properly. Brian likes to have more gauges on his trucks so he can monitor these types of readings that do not come stock on the pickups. Just as the temperature started to increase, I could tell that I was losing power. Brian started watching the gauges. We got to the top of the incline and my speed had reduced to approximately 30 MPG. As I started to decline over the hill and pick up speed, the screen started flashing the "Stop Safely Now" message. I almost panicked because I was afraid that the engine was about to shut off again like it did before. This time, I had NOWHERE to pull off to and it was only a one-lane highway and no one can pass me.

I started to look for a place to pull off to, but there was nowhere to pull off to, but the engine was allowing me to continue to drive. I looked out the mirror and noticed that there was smoke and sparks coming out the tail pipe and I shouted to Brian and I am panicking. He is looking with me to pull over and finally after about 3/4 of a mile, we find a place on the opposite side of the road to pull over. Brian jumps out to check what is sparking, but as he does he looks behind us and we discovers that we have lit a hillside on fire along Hwy 21, near Lucky Peak Dam.

Brian takes off running and one other motorist managed to get to the house that is endangered. They alert the homeowner, get shovels from his garage and with the help from the other motorist, dig a fire break around the home, while the homeowner manages to pump water from his pond that he has set up just for such things as a grass fire, should it occur.

After it was said and done, it burned approximately, 8 acres. With the help of the BLM, there was 7 fire engines, 2 helicopters, the Ada County Sheriff Office, Park Rangers and many others to helped get this fire out. We will be billed for this fire, but the BLM has preliminary determined that we are not negligent in that we were not be being careless, per say, but since it was our equipment, we are going to be billed. However, they did take many pictures of our truck and feel that this definitely a truck malfunction.

We are now in the process of taking this straight back to Ford. They are trying to say that they are not responsible because we have this Edge computer chip on the truck. However, they installed the computer chip. They also admitted to us that they have replaced these sensors that have gone out many times over and over again in these new diesel trucks. I also need to note that they have recalled the Fords in 2011, 2012 & 2013. They have not done recalls on the 2014s... YET!

They also told us that it was the sensor and it had malfunctioned, sending information to send more/excess (basically too much) fuel to the exhaust system to clean the system. Which in turn caused a fire within the exhaust filter system. It burned up the exhaust filter and entire exhaust filter system and whole harness system which has to be replaced as well as the sensor.

They told us that was what the diagnostics readings determined was well and that was what caused the fire under the truck and the smoke and sparks to shoot out the exhaust pipes. After we met with our insurance agent to discuss what we needed to do for the fire on the hillside and the BLM, which could take up to a year or so for their investigation and paperwork to be completed and sent to us, we went back to the dealership.

It was then that we informed them that the fire under the truck and exhaust caused the grass fire on the Hwy. We deliberately withheld that information because we knew that they would try to shift blame. Well, they did. Today, July 7, 2015, they are now trying to back track and tell us that it was because of the Edge computer chip being installed on the truck... The very computer chip that THEY installed. Which they are also trying to say is not going to be cover the cost under warranty. So my husband has now contacted the media, which we planned on doing anyway. HOWEVER!!! This is a much bigger issue. This is about lives! We were in the Sawtooths this weekend where there were literally HUNDREDS of campers enjoying the weekend. Had this fire in our exhaust happened while we were in the mountains with those dry conditions... those mountains could have been a virtual tomb!

Last year in 2014, we were in California on a construction job, which is what my husband does and travels for his company. Had we been pulling our fifth wheel going 75 MPH when the "Stop Safely Now" flashed and the engined shut itself off in the middle of six-lane freeway, we would have caused a major pile up, killing people and children. I have not slept in two days because those scenarios have ran through my head, thinking that I could not live with myself knowing that this truck could be a death trap for others! How many others have trucks with faulty sensors and are just waiting to be killed???

In conclusion, suggesting that taking the truck and running it as fast and hard as you can to clean the exhaust filter when the first incident happened was not acceptable advice. Next, the Edge Computer chip has nothing to do with the exhaust filter burning up, nor does it, according to the manufacturer have anything to do with causing the sensor to malfunction and sending incorrect error messages to such as the incorrect amount of fuel to the exhaust filter to the extent that it caused it catch fire. Especially, when there has been a known issue with these sensors to go out since 2011 and they have had recalls on the 2011, 2012, and 2013s so far. As I have stated, people's lives are risk and this issue can no longer be ignored.

Original review: July 7, 2015

Last week I added DEF after the display warning was within a few hundred miles. A few days following, I had the F350 serviced at 11,000 miles, prior to leaving on a trip over the 4th of July weekend. When leaving the dealership, everything seemed normal but the following day, when only a few hundred miles into the trip, the low DEF message appeared. When I reached my destination in a remote part of Vermont, I had to scrub the Saturday plans after I'd found no sources and little known about even what DEF is.

I drove to a large truck stop in the neighboring state of New Hampshire and found it for $23 and filled the DEF tank and the warning ended. Because of the pain this caused me and question about why a simple service might impact the fluid level. When speaking with the dealership service manager, I received an insulting denial of the possibility this might be related to the service and software recall. The facts remain but were challenged by saying this has never happened before and could not be related to anything done by the diesel tech during the service appointment. I have replaced the fluid only once before since purchasing this truck at a time when there was no service appointment and the normal expectations occurred.

Now, what might be the cause? Can it be the service when reprogramming the on board computer that caused this? Has this ever been reported with only 500 miles since filling? During the same trip, within a 100 miles of the DEF problem, my coolant level warning message came on too. The dealer service manager told me to reset it if the level was normal. He told me that the owner's manual tells me how to reset the coolant warning message. I'm still trying to find the instructions in the manual and can find nothing in any of the three manuals. What should I do to remedy my problems with this truck and service manager? Are there others who have had similar experiences with DEF short-cycle need? And how do I get help with my manual to find the coolant reset procedure? Thanks.

Original review: June 30, 2015

I have a 2013 Ford f-350 Dually with 105,000 miles. It has been extremely well maintained as this is my living. I was driving back home pulling an empty 32' gooseneck, when I heard a pop and then the truck started shaking, with the reduced power warning coming on. The truck suddenly went dead and it was all I could do to get to the side of the road and out of traffic. I had it towed to the town's local Ford dealer, where I was informed that the HPFP had exploded and the metal had gone through the entire fuel system. The price tag is $8,000.00. This seems to be the norm on Ford's and I think that there should be a class action suit filed, for a known faulty fuel system.

Original review: June 21, 2015

Front end wobbles bad when applying brakes! Bearings good, ball joints replaced, rotors replaced, brakes replaced, sway bar linkage replaced. Everything seems to be tight in front end and the wobble still persists. Don't know what else to do. Any advise would be appreciated!

Original review: June 16, 2015

Purchased new a 2008 F250 Super Crew 8' bed Diesel. Had issue after issue with this truck. Had to fight with the dealership to take care of each time it was in the shop. The first issue after owning for a few short months was the front caliber went out. Next the Alternator and idler arm (I think this is correct name used) went out. The keyless entry has went bad and had to be replaced. The rear clutch pack goes out the dealership had to order and it was 6 weeks in the shop. Radiator leaks. Brake lines just recently went out. Some of the wiring went bad and had to be replaced. The trailer plug has went bad. Mind you this is an F250 we bought it to pull a trailer. After spending all this money on a new vehicle we ended up with nothing but a lemon. Don't just walk away. Run run as fast as you can from a Ford truck. Ford needs to build better quality vehicles and quit ripping people off.

Original review: June 16, 2015

I purchased a new f250 2015 in Alabama. I drove it to Arkansas. On the way with less than 200 miles, the day I purchased it, it started having brake problems. It didn't happen all the time. On the third day I took it to North Point Ford in North Little Rock. They said it was a brake booster problem. They replaced the brake booster, calipers and pads on all 4 wheels. However they only turned the rotors and didn't replace them. This is crazy. I paid $65k for the truck and the least Ford should do is make me whole again by replacing all the rotors. So my selling dealer says they will replace all of them but I will have to take it to Alabama. But what a pain in my butt. I knew I shouldn't have bought another Ford. I still have a f250 2006 diesel which I have put over $25 keep in repairs into that one. I have had no luck with Ford and will never again buy another one. What a sucky experience.

Original review: June 15, 2015

Well I really never write these but after my current situation and position that I'm in I figured I'd write one. I have a 2011 Ford F-250 6.7 L diesel truck that has had nothing but problems after 100,000 miles. It's been towed in 3 times and now today they called me to let me know that the engine dropped a valve and now it was going to be needing a new engine. I'm frustrated because all the trucks I've owned have been Fords. Now I have only owned 3 diesels but I have had a problem with every single one. I got rid of my 6.4 because the dealership told me the 6.7 was the new improved motor.

Now I am a company owner that is very frustrated because I don't have a pick up truck to do my job. And the Ford company told me that it was going to take a month to a month and a half to have my truck done. Just wish Ford would do something about my problem. I am 34 years old, I love Ford trucks and I will buy them for the rest of my life. I just want to know that they're going to stand behind their product.

Original review: May 29, 2015

I have owned Fords for over 45 years, and never experienced anything quite like this. I bought my new 2014 F-250 King Ranch, and made it 21 miles home after filling both tanks full. Went out the next morning to start the truck and all it would do is turn over (no start). Called the dealer, and then a tow truck to take it back to the dealer. 11 days later, $150.00 for the tow, and $1900.00 for them to drain, pull, steam, reinstall the tanks, and 2 gallons of new gas to get a different gas station to fill it back up. (Not covered under warranty.) Another 145 bucks in gas. I made it 9 miles and was on the side of the road calling for another tow, to go back to the dealer again. They said I got bad gas again. 22 days later, 110.00 for the tow, and another 1900 for a tank clean out.

Now mind you I have only had possession on the truck less then 18 hours total time. Let see 77,000 for the truck and 3600 in repairs, 250 for tows, and 300 for gas in a truck that only has 30 miles from the time I pull it off the lot 33 days from the time I paid cash for the truck. Wow! What a deal! At this point I am ready to send the truck to the shredder. I get the truck back for the 3rd time - they put the gas in it this time, and it never left the gas station (under its own power) that was less than a 1/2 mile from the dealer, and I had to pay yet again for another tow, but this time I just took it home.

So here it sits with only 37 total miles. I am now going to rip the motor and drive train out of it and install a 1975 460 with good old fashion points and carburetor out of my old 1975 F-350. Then I will have a truck that will run. The electronics need to go on this new junk. I'm also a little skeptical on this new aluminum body. Guess we will have to wait to see how it will hold up to a Michigan winter. Not happy, but going to be soon. New is not always good, but a little old might do some good. I never will buy another new one again.

Original review: May 15, 2015

So there I was in my driveway, I just walked back from my local auto service station. The guys that work there are honest as the day is long. I had a busted brake line, so rather than walk 10 miles to the auto store, buy some line, go home and repair mine, I just took the line off, walked to this shop and for $20.00 they made me up a brand new line - IT WAS WORTH IT.

So I install the brake line, bleed it (with the engine off). I now go to finish testing the line pressure with the engine running. Start it up... BOOM! BANG BANG BANG BANG. WT? What's that sound. Oh, it must have back fired and blew off the PCV line again. No biggie... But the PCV line is fine? Start it up. Let it run. BANG BANG BANG BANG... I put my hand all over feeling for air leaks. I find it. I see a coil moving. OH POOH. I must not have tightened that plug good enough when I replaced it recently. I pull up my log book, which I log EVERYTHING I do to my vehicle. Nope, I've never replaced coil or plug #3. Whoa. 220k miles on that bad boy. But what happened??

So I go to put the plug back in. No dice! I try re-aligning it, I try everything, then I feel it. I feel as I'm pulling the plug back out after unsuccessful re-installation steps, I feel the threads rubbing on threads... I now know what happened. I call a good friend, a god like friend, and explain what happened. He said he would have to come out and install a Heli-Coil. I say "Ok, let me make one more call." I call the shop where I just got the brake line. I tell them and they say "Oh... Yeah we can do it but it would be for a few days. We're backed up." So I call my friend back. He says he'll see me tomorrow morning. He came out, he fixed it. But NOW the problem is, the spark plug will go too far in and the piston hits the bottom of it. So I just don't put it in all the way, now I fear something else could happen. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A FORD MAN, until I start reading about this stuff. SHAME ON YOU FORD!

Original review: May 7, 2015

I purchased a 2011 F250 that has a "Premium Care" extended warranty that was purchased by the original owner. He is willing to transfer however the Dealership claims that the truck/warranty was purchased in Canada therefore the warranty can not be transferred to me. Makes no sense when the truck was built in the U.S., sold by a Canadian dealership, then after a trade in it was purchased a U.S. dealership, who in turn sold it to me. This makes absolutely no sense at all. I thought Ford was Ford. Why should it make a difference when it is a U.S. manufactured item?

Original review: April 26, 2015

I am a contractor and I always had a Ford truck, I loved them, this year (2015) I went out and bought a new Power Stroke, looked great. After 3 months of owning it and 1790 miles the transmission is acting up. When you drive uphill and need to slow due to traffic and then try to resume speed the truck goes into a violent jump as if the transmission was in 5th gear. I brought it to Ford which is another story in itself, I won't mention which one but I need my truck fixed he said it was a computer issue that needed to be reprogrammed, ok easy enough. After 4 days of having my truck yes 4 days I go to dealer and flip out, I mean flip the hell out.

Mgr says give me an hour, he was accommodating, they made update and off I went. Day later worse, the truck acts like it has epilepsy jumps on the slightest hill. After 30 years of ford I'm done. Their dealerships are not the same at all. Their customer service is second rate if not third rate. The truck looks great drives ok but not worth 69k I paid no way, if I could trade it in I would in 2 minutes, and I been a Ford dude for 30 plus years. I'm not writing this cause I want to scream I'm writing this to give you an honest review. Ford went south, management is south and dealerships are south, well at least the one I felt with. Trust me, you will test drive one and be excited but after a month you will be miserable - I am.

Original review: April 23, 2015

I have a ford F-350 super duty truck with a 6.0 diesel engine. It was running a little rough. The ford garage told me it was EGR valve and it needed 1 and 3 injectors. When I left the garage it was worst than when I went there. Now it stalls about every half mile. What happened at the ford garage?

Original review: April 23, 2015

At first when I bought a used f-250 6.0 4 door 4x4 all I knew was "here is a full sized truck that get 20mpg on diesel and looks like a nice, strong work truck" & I was assured by "Jones ford" then in the little town of Maricopa that all their vehicles have been checked out so there shouldn't be any problems. So even though they offered no warranty on this truck I thought I am a good mechanic & I take care of all my other trucks just fine. So I thought the price, & interest rate was a deal but after the second week I had a crank no start condition... and fortunately, I met a dealer mechanic that lives near me & as we talked he shared a lot of his experience with me & went through some testing and code scans.

He discovered the "F.I.C.M. had failed and ford wanted $1,000 for that part. So I found a reman part for half of that... & all was ok, for some months. Then the I.C.P. sensor went. This cost $175 & was a pain to get to... on back of the motor, under the turbo & back to ok for a few more months until I started to pick up a "miss" on occasion when idling at a light when hot. Then it went into a full time miss that after running code scans, I was told I could take it to ford to have a cylinder balance test run if I wanted to confirm that I likely had 2 injectors failing. So a couple hundred later confirmed this and "Jones Ford in Casa Grand AZ told me, that "AS long as we are in there we should just go ahead and change all 8 injectors." They cost $267 each! That is $2200(!) in just 8 injectors alone. Not even talking about labor yet!

Oh, and they wanted to change the fuel pump/conditioning module ($500) that I had just changed the filter on clean... and the E.G.R. valve and fuel filter kit. "Because they all just need it." With no further diagnosis or tests to say there was any problem there... like I have unlimited money to throw at this truck?! So it is still sitting, waiting for me to save up the $1,000 it will take to hopefully fix this issue and I have been paying for a truck I cannot even use to go to work, that has been broke down more than I have been able to drive it.

Original review: April 19, 2015

The computer on my truck shut it down. I got a "stop safely now" message. So I pulled over to the side of the road wondering what was going on. The bad part, as soon as your speed drops below 5 mph the truck shuts off. No chance to completely get off the road, you are stuck. I wound up stuck away from home over a Sunday waiting for the Ford dealer to open. His computer was down so call up the tow service and haul it 25 miles to the next Ford dealer. They did fix it, replaced a sensor. Four days later the check engine light came on, late on a Friday. Concerned about the computer taking over my truck again so it sits all weekend waiting to get back to a Ford dealer. Not a very reliable truck.

Original review: March 30, 2015

I bought a 2005 Ford F350 with the 6.0 diesel engine and what a disappointment it has been. What angers me most is how Ford deals with the problems. The motor was a very expensive experiment and the majority of the cost is passed on to the consumer. I have followed all Ford's service recommendations and still have a never ending stream of very expensive breakdowns. I'm a disabled vet with a limited income and have a very tough time paying for it. I bought this truck in good faith but unfortunately Ford does follow the same rulebook. The dealerships are in cahoots with these guys and try to look sympathetic but we all know there is an app for that. I am going to make a point to let as many people know about Fords blatant disregard for a once faithful Ford enthusiast.

Original review: March 28, 2015

Bought the 2012 Ford F-250 Power Stroke brand new, loved this truck, interior isn't too gaudy and lots of storage compartments everywhere. After 40k miles on it however, we started noticing a death wobble, thinking it was our road and tires, because we live in the country. Took it in for an alignment and rotation, checked the shocks, stabilizer bar, etc, everything was fine, no damage. Took it to our diesel mechanic who said he's having the same problem with his same year and model, with considerably less miles on it, and he doesn't know what to do about it. Suggested putting air packs because his theory is that the bed is too level with the rest of the truck... WTF?

So we'll have to spend almost $3k to do that for a MAYBE solution. Can't go over 60mph without it shaking uncontrollably, have to come to almost complete stop to get it back under control. VERY disappointed with Ford. Keep in mind this is primarily used for commuting to work. We live in the country and it's about 15 miles to town one way. Ford needs to fix this as it's a major safety issue. I worry we'll roll.

Original review: March 20, 2015

I purchased a used 2011 F350 Super Duty with 104,000 miles. Also purchased their Ford ESP Premium Care extended service plan after the finance department advised me that it covers "virtually everything". 40 days after the purchased the truck shut down in the middle lane of the freeway during rush hour traffic with no warning other than the "Stop Safely Now" display popping up! I managed to get the vehicle safely to the shoulder of the roadway, but narrowly missed being sideswiped twice by traffic flying past me at 70+ miles per hour! The truck has been at the dealership I purchased it from for two days now and the EGT sensor #2 is indeed bad. And of course, it is NOT covered under the warranty package I purchased. I am currently awaiting a decision as to whether or not the dealership will cover the cost of repairs. Why is Ford so hesitant on taking care of something they apparently know is problematic and an obvious safety hazard?!

Original review: March 20, 2015

I recently purchased a Special Order 2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty Gasoline powered engine. I only have 6,270 miles on the truck. The Brake System light has come on 5 times now in which I have taken the truck in for the replacement part. A Brake System Component has fried each time. Has anyone experienced this type of component failure?

This truck was purchased to replace the 2005 F-350 Diesel 6.0, that was bought back by Ford under the California Lemon Law. I guess I will have to go through this whole Lemon Law again on this brand new truck. I have been to the dealer every 2 weeks since I purchased the truck to have this vehicle worked on. Not fun!! At all! I have lost all faith in this product.

Original review: March 10, 2015

My question is why Ford was and continues to get away with the numerous problems these 6.0 diesels have. It is very clear these motors were engineered and constructed extremely poorly. When it comes down to casting sand left in the motor, that is just plain inexcusable. Not to mention the head bolt, head gasket and turbo issues. I am thinking of posting a petition on the White House web page to have the Attorney General look into this abuse of the American consumer. Thoughts from anyone?

Original review: March 3, 2015

I bought 2 brand new F-350s, one in 2013 and the other in 2014. Both of the trucks starting to leak on the radiator on the left bottom side. My trucks just went out of warranty and the dealer is charging me $1800.00 just to replace the radiator on each truck. Is this a coincidence or what? Two trucks different with the same exact problems...now I have a business and I can't deliver my product because I don't have a freaking truck!! Isn't this supposed to be a recall? Is anyone else having the same issue? Thanks.

Original review: March 2, 2015

My 6.7 diesel has 118,000 miles on it. I was towing on the interstate and felt a shake. Pulled over and it was a nasty vibration. Towed to local Ford dealer and told the #5 glow plug was broke off in cylinder. They have seen this before and there is likely valve, cylinder damage to multiple cylinders. Ends up there is a service bulletin for Ford. If this happens, they are required to replace entire motor! $17,000. Nice. I'm 18,000 miles out of warranty of course.

Ford knows that these motors within a certain build date have weak valves and when your emissions stuff heats up to clean exhaust, they fail. So, I am having a local diesel guy rebuild the engine at a cost of $10,000. Ford won't do a thing. I thought these trucks were suppose to run for 300,000 miles. What a super disappointment. Hoping a class action suit happens soon on this one too.

Original review: March 1, 2015

I purchased a new 2015 Ford F250 4x4 crew cab in November of 2014 and was content until the snow came and I engaged the four wheel drive. A rolling shift (not on the throttle), a loud bang and lurch to the left with a heavy grinding sound from the left front end. Flatbed down to Ford in Reno NV. and they "pulled the axles and hubs and checked OASIS and everything is fine". Not a speck of dirt was smudged on the hubs or lug caps. Bottom line...they lied about pulling it apart. February 28 while driving to work in the second snow storm and the same thing and almost wrecked my truck. Thank God my kids were not with me as I barely saved it from wrecking down an embankment. I have had 4x4s of all makes since my first vehicle as a teen and never experienced anything like this before...ever. LEMON!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

2011 F250 King Ranch 6.7 Turbo Diesel - Truck broke down 4 times in six-month period including two of them being stranded on side of road. The two major breakdowns were verified by both the dealer's service manager and the mechanic to be a known problem in their industry. The first was a faulty exhaust temp. sensor that needed to be replaced ($800). The other was the high pressure fuel pump "eating itself from the inside which causes a catastrophic failure of the engine". The mechanic said shrapnel from the fuel pump is shot through the entire fuel system because the fuel goes through this pump after it has gone through the filter. He even found metal shavings in my gas tank that traveled through the return line. This was a $6000 repair bill on a truck less than 1000 miles out of warranty.

A phone call to Ford resulted in nothing as they denied any knowledge of the problem. However, the mechanic told me there had been so many failures of this pump that Ford had created a special "kit" for the dealerships that includes all the necessary parts to replace when this happens. I'm an engineer in the manufacturing industry, I understand problems with production level parts. But the complete dismissal and denial of a known issue indicates a much deeper problem within the Ford organization.

Although I understand a recall is expensive and possibly not necessary, it seems they can admit to the potential problem and offer an addendum to the warranty that extends it for a longer period of time to ensure the fuel pump is durable - Toyota did the same for my son's Scion TC just last month on a potential oil consumption problem. I have been a Ford person for many years but as a result of this experience, I have lost faith in the integrity of this company. I may just become a Toyota supporter in my future purchases - I hear they have the same US-made content in their trucks as the Ford.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2015

My vehicle is a 2012 F 450 super duty w/ a 6.7 diesel engine. Since I purchased this vehicle brand new it has left me stranded 4 times with only about a 3 second warning that the engine was about to shut off. The first time this happened it stopped in the middle of a busy freeway (loop 410) in San Antonio,Texas at 4:45 in the afternoon over 200 miles from home. I had to spend the night in a hotel because the ford dealership there could not be sure when they could get it fixed. The next morning my wife had to come get me.

This first ordeal cost me a hotel fees, a $100.00 Towing fee to get off the highway and and $150.00 at the dealership even though I was covered by an expensive extended warranty. Once the truck shuts off it cannot be restarted until the engine has completely cooled down and sometimes even then it will simply shut down again without allowing the vehicle to move. On 2/19/15.

My last shutdown took place Sat. 2/21/15 at 6:10 am en-route to the dealership where I purchased the vehicle to get the vehicle repaired under the Emissions Recall 14E03. After 2 hours of waiting for the vehicle to restart, I finally had it towed in. About 2 that afternoon the dealership called and said the vehicle was ready. First I was told the charges would be $433, 2 hours later they called me back and said the charges would actually be $703 because I have to pay for the parts and the labor. I purchased this truck to pull a 40' trailer local and long distance, I paid a hefty price for a false sense of security that I thought this truck would provide.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2015

I've had nothing but problems with my $52.000 ford truck. But now I feel like they just do and say whatever they want just to get into your pocket and not complete warranty work. I had new turbos put in at antioch dealer at a cost of 5600.00 not even 4700 hundred miles ago. They told me 2 year warranty if anything was to happen to the turbos. This is why I used Ford instead of private shop that was 1200.00 cheaper. Well guess what, truck lost power last week. Knew instantly turbos went, I was 1 bl away from Antioch store so pulled in.

I have had truck there several times and always leave with a new issue. Had the truck towed to Gurnee on my own dime. Thought I could take to any ford dealer. They won't warranty turbos, said was low 2 qrt on oil. I have had and showed them all paper work on oil changes and Which 1 of them they completed just before they put turbos in. 2 was completed by Valvoline at 4266 miles Which is before was needed. Now Gurnee is saying take back to Antioch, they are responsible for warranty work. Obviously I do not want them to touch my truck and now our relationship is damaged. Not sure what is going on with ford but don't know we're to turn.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Bought this truck for both business travels & farm use. Most all of the 97,200 miles are highway miles. Took it in last week for the first front brake job. Still pad left but had them replaced. Took it back after hearing what I thought was disc pad rubbing the rotor, but was told that the front left/right bearings were out & failing. After 97K highway miles, this truck has one of the most important parts fail! The bearings so the truck can roll! Before this issue, we had the engine light come on so we took it to the dealer. They claimed they didn't know what the issue was after putting it on their machine. They went ahead & replaced #1 fuel injector & gave it back to me.

About a week or so later, the engine light came on yet again. This time the dealer told me it was the exhaust fluid sensors - two of the four sensors are bad but I needed to replace all four while they were inside the truck because the new sensors were better parts than the ones installed when the truck was built. The Ford truck dealership tells me the new parts have been corrected of the issues & they will not fail like the old ones did - can you believe this? I asked why then are they charging me over $600 if this is the case. She told me to file a claim with Ford & they might give me the money back. I did & did not win. Ford tells me at times, things go bad & they are not liable. She said it would have been covered if under the 50,000 mile mark, but I had 79,000 at that time so they would not honor it.

Lastly, I received a letter from Ford stating I needed to take the truck in for a recall on the emission. Emission recall 14E03. So the dealership is working on this now as well, but Ford will not reimburse me for the emission sensors I had to pay for. I have to tell you, I am very upset & I will never purchase another Ford truck as long as I'm alive. This truck cost me almost $60,000 & I have recently spent over $2,000 in repairs that should have been covered under warranty & better yet, never fail in the first place! I have a 2000 Ford F-250 with 330,000 miles that has had less issues than this truck. The bearings have never failed on this truck. I would not recommend anyone purchasing these trucks. They just are not built to withstand anything, much less heavy duty activity.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

I pre-ordered this truck. It was one of the first ones off the assembly line for model year. Got it early September of 2001. I am over 190,000 miles on this 6.8-liter crew cab 4X4 and doing well. I have used this truck hard. I have even changed the spark plugs myself at home. This is my 5th Ford truck and only minor issues with each. Everyone always talks about how great Toyota is but I have had more issues with my Toyota car that is 7 years newer. I am happy with my Toyota but will go back to Ford for my next car since they perform better.

I believe that like all mechanical devices, there are some that just stink but I am positive that these trucks are in fact everything they say. I have had a spark plug blow on my 2000 Expedition but it is still running strong also with over 200,000 miles on it. Nothing mechanical is or ever will be perfect but these Ford trucks are the best.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I just bought a 2002 F250 last week and in my first week of ownership, the rear passenger side spark plug blew out! The truck was maintained well by the previous owner and after driving it back and forth to work for a few days. I was left without transportation and am currently waiting to see how the repair will cost me. Ford really needs to step up and do the right thing with a recall and reimburse the cost for repairs related to this insanely common problem caused by Ford's ineptitude.

Ford F-250/F-350 Company Information