4.8/5 (164 ratings)

About Easy Auto Ship

Easy Auto Ship is an auto transport company offering numerous vehicle shipping services in the U.S. and abroad. The company arranges open and enclosed transport as well as expedited shipping options. It sets up shipping for standard vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, boats and heavy equipment. Easy Auto Ship has shipped over 123,000 vehicles, according to its website.

Pros

• Price guarantee
  • $0 to schedule
  • Available nationwide
  • Ships nationally and worldwide

Cons

• No 24-hour customer support
  • Few claim process details on website

Bottom Line

Easy Auto Ship could be a good option to transport your vehicle. As a transport broker, the company works with different carriers to coordinate car shipping. Enclosed and expedited transport are available.

Easy Auto Ship vehicle shipping services

Easy Auto Ship transport services include open transport, enclosed car shipping, door-to-door transport, heavy equipment transport, international auto transport and more. The company transports various vehicle types, including cars, trucks, RVs, motorcycles, boats, tractors and golf carts.

Easy Auto Ship recommends booking transport at least two weeks in advance; one month is ideal. You can get a quote and complete your booking online or by calling. Last-minute scheduling is possible.

Easy Auto Ship lets you know when a driver has been assigned and gives you a pickup window. Transit times are generally four to 10 business days. Easy Auto Ship’s insurance, combined with the carrier’s, covers a minimum of $100,000 in case of damage or loss.

Easy Auto Ship costs

Easy Auto Ship doesn’t list its prices online, but it does provide typical industry base prices per mile (see below). Your ultimate cost is based on shipping distance, the type of vehicle, the type of carrier, the ease of the route, whether or not the vehicle is operable, the time of year and if you need expedited shipping.

For the most accurate cost estimate, get a quote online or call its office. According to the company’s price guarantee, quotes are accurate and all-inclusive, with no additional or hidden fees.

DistanceBase cost per mileBase price range
Up to 500 miles$1Up to $500
500 to 999 miles$0.75$375 to $750
1,000 to 1,999 miles$0.60$600 to $1,200
2,000 to 2,499 miles$0.50$1,000 to $1,250
2,500 miles and up$0.40$1,000 and up

There's no cost to schedule auto transport with Easy Auto Ship; you aren’t charged a deposit until a carrier is assigned. There are several ways to pay: You can get a cash discount of $150 if you put a card on file for the deposit and pay the balance by cash, cashier’s check or money order upon delivery. You can also pay in full upfront by credit card or PayPal.

If you need to cancel transport with Easy Auto Ship, you can get a full refund of your deposit as long as no carrier has been assigned. If a carrier has been scheduled, you may have to pay a service fee of up to $195.

Easy Auto Ship FAQ

What kind of insurance does Easy Auto Ship have?
Easy Auto Ship works with carriers that are fully insured. It also carries its own inland marine insurance policy. This insurance covers a minimum of $100,000 for damage or loss. It doesn’t cover items inside the vehicle.
Where is Easy Auto Ship available?
Easy Auto Ship transports vehicles throughout the U.S. and internationally.
What vehicles can Easy Auto Ship transport?
Easy Auto Ship transports cars, trucks, SUVs, minivans, passenger and cargo vans, motorcycles, boats, RVs, construction equipment, farm equipment and other types of vehicles.
Is Easy Auto Ship a broker or a carrier?
Easy Auto Ship is a broker that has worked with over 88,000 customers, according to its website.
Does Easy Auto Ship transport internationally?
Yes, Easy Auto Ship transports vehicles internationally. It moves vehicles to and from all U.S. ports and works with international carriers.
What days is Easy Auto Ship open?
The company ships cars year-round. Easy Auto Ship’s office in Youngstown, Ohio, is open seven days a week. You can reach Easy Auto Ship during business hours seven days a week.

Is Easy Auto Ship legit?

Easy Auto Ship is a broker that can arrange shipping for almost any type of vehicle, whether the route is domestic or international. It offers instant quotes online and customer service seven days a week. The company lists both an MC Docket number and USDOT number on its website, which you can verify with the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If you’re gathering prices from a bunch of companies for car shipping, consider getting one from Easy Auto Ship.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Auto Ship?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Auto Ship?

Original review: July 15, 2022

My brother had moved up to the area and I needed to get his car up to my area. I called many transport companies and I talked to a couple, but I didn't like some of the principles about upfront money. I like being paid when we had a date and then paying the driver when he got up here. Easy Auto Ship had good recommendations as far as the stars and they were a medium price when I was pricing it around. They were very good and they came when expected. It was an easy experience.

The rep was nice and reassuring and explained the process to me. He told me that we didn't pay until they we have a driver and they pay when the pickup is set. I talked to him a couple of times. I called him right before because I had a window of when I needed to have the car picked up. I called him before I went down to make sure I was going to be within that window. He was and it worked out very well. I gave the car on a Thursday and it was in Boston by Monday. The driver was very pleasant. He was a hard-working guy from Massachusetts and he'd driven from California and he picked up the car.

I live on very small streets and I gave him the address of a mall near me that had a bigger parking lot, which is a mile from where I live. It was the same thing when he picked up the car. He couldn't get to where we were but he met us within a mile from where I could walk back after dropping off the car. He parked it for me because I couldn't drive a stick shift and we came back and got it that evening. He offered us a ride home but I didn't need it because it was so close. I would recommend Easy Auto Ship.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Patty for your positive review! I'm so glad you decided to go with our company to transport your vehicle! We are very upfront with our customers and are very good at communicating what you are getting when it comes to transporting your car with us. I'm happy you had such a great experience with our company!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2022

I had three or four different companies and the Easy Auto folks got back to me so quick. They told me exactly what they were gonna do. They said I would hear from somebody in no more than five days and the vehicle would be up there no more than five days later. I wasn't sure it was going to be true, but they found a guy, got the car, and he got it from Florida to New York in two days. What was really nice was the driver just had a two-car carrier. It was perfect because then I knew he wasn't gonna be driving around 10 different places. He texted me and let me know when he was going to be at my place. It worked out great. The cost was great too. I was expecting to pay around that much and when I was looking at the other quotes that I was given, they were all within the same price. With the service I got and the money that I spent, it was awesome.

The only thing they could do differently is when they sent me this link, the guy said, "Read all of the conditions." I said, "I can't read this this quick. I'm gonna be here all day." He said, "Just click it and approve it." I did, but I never got the link and it didn't take me back to it so that I could read it a day later. I asked him where it was and he said, "I'll send you some stuff." He took some screenshots of the basics, how much money I was going to spend, etc. But it wasn't all of those condition things. There was no link to all the details of the conditions. I couldn't get back to it and he just sent me a summary. That kind of bothered me a little bit. If they could send a PDF so that I could go back and read it after I signed it, that would be great.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Michael for your positive review! I'm so glad we were able to get your car shipped in the time frame that you needed. We as a company pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and efficient delivery of your vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I compared prices. And to me, Easy Auto Ship's was very fair. I called them and I got Michael. The guy looked good, but then he turned out to be better than good. It was perfect. From the very beginning, I said, "I'm very nervous. I've heard so many awful stories." And he just talked me through it. "Well, here's what we'll do." They had me signed up with ABC Company and they canceled. So all of a sudden, I don't have a ride again for my car. So immediately, I called back to Michael. And in between this, I got a couple of other people, females. He would be out of his office, and I would call, because, again, I'm suspicious. And then, "Oh, let me get him." He was a perfect gentleman. He answered every question.

I said, "I'm getting really stressed. I have three days. I'm gonna be on an airplane, and my car will be here. I have to leave it." Two days before, he worked with some hauler who does expensive vehicles inside with it. Who knows how he handled it, but he got it for less than the guy wanted. And he had to drive up from San Diego to pick my car up in the South Bay of LA.

The guy that picked the car up was a jewel. He and I conducted all of our business in raging storms, rain, wind in front of my building. We just scrambled, did all the pictures and questions, got the car into his covered vehicle. And all along the line, this guy called me, told me where he was going. There was a delay when he planned to bring the car to me, which was earlier than I expected anyway, so it wasn't a delay for me. And he had an issue, he called me.

I was standing out the hotel room as he pulled up. I knew he'd be there at that moment, because he said he would. I went down and stood outside, and he drove up. I gave him my money, he thanked me timely. My car was fine. Everything was on time. And it's because of a guy like Michael, and the people he works with. I told him, "You guys are incredible. I am gonna give you a good review.” And I did. Everything was what I needed and as they said it would be.

Easy Auto Ship response

Sandi, this is truly one of the best reviews. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we love your kind words. We're happy that Michael could help you feel so calm and put so much trust in us. We hope to ship with you again soon! Thank you!

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2021

Thank you again!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

One of my best friends has two sons who work in management for Night Trucking and Night doesn't do auto shipping. So, they recommended that I contact Easy Auto Ship to have the 2008 Jeep Wrangler that I purchased at auction transported to me from Connecticut. I worked with a rep named Anthony and he was awesome. He was very straightforward about how the whole process worked and everything was really transparent with the fees. He was also very communicative and really letting me know when they got somebody that was potentially interested. That was all I was asking for.

After the fact, when he found a shipper, he said he had some really good information from this guy and that he'd explain to me why nobody was biting on my transport. He said the yard that the vehicle was sitting in, sometimes drivers will have to go there and they'll sit for five hours just waiting for the whole transaction to go through. And he said that drivers don't want to do that. So, if I have a low offer and they have other choices, they're going to go with a higher offer if they know that they have to sit there for four or five hours, which totally made sense.

So, Anthony said that we could sit on this rate that we agreed on or we could hire the driver who, for another $150, agreed to go and get my vehicle picked up. He said the driver was getting ready to head back west and I told him to hire him. The driver also communicated with me the entire way and he took pictures of the vehicle to let me know. All in all, I would totally recommend Easy Auto Ship if anybody was in the same position.

Easy Auto Ship response

Yvette, this is so awesome! We're happy to hear everything went well. Easy Auto Ship and Anthony thank you!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I called quite a few companies and Easy Auto was the only one that could deliver the car at a reasonable amount of time. Also, I talked to somebody at the auction where I bought the car and they recommended Easy Auto. It's one of the top two or three carriers that they would have recommended that they had good success with. Easy Auto put my mind at ease. I had very specific requirements. The car needed special attention to move it. They answered all my questions. They were pretty easy to communicate with via text or phone. They gave me exactly what I asked for. There were no surprises with the rates. Whatever they quoted me, it was pretty much what I paid.

I had the car shipped from California to North Carolina. It took about three days from the time that I called to the time that they picked up the car. Then it was only four days total transportation from coast to coast, which was pretty fast. The driver of the truck called me at different points throughout the trip, just to make sure he had the right number and the right place to drop it off. He had some changes in the schedule, but he called me far enough in advance so I knew when he was going to be there. I got there a lot earlier than originally planned. But he gave me enough warning where I was able to react. The car arrived in perfect condition. It was a very impressive truck too that they used. I was really, really impressed. It looked very professional. There were some really high end cars that were on there. There was like a NASCAR car and a professional baseball player's car was on there. So Easy Auto is a trusted service with a good reputation.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thanks for choosing EAS, Matthew! We appreciate you!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The transport was wonderful. The driver was terrific. We communicated prior to the pickup in terms of a convenient place for both of us. He couldn't get to my home, specifically, but right off the highway. Then the same on the receiving end was right near the house. So it all worked out very well. It was a very positive experience and I certainly would use it again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Once I trusted the process, it all went amazingly well. Lindsay was easy to work with and very responsive to my many questions. My car was picked up 2 days later than I had hoped, but that was due to my basic misunderstanding of what constituted a pickup "window" vs a pickup date. Once a driver was assigned it was a super smooth process. My driver Milan was so nice and very communicative. We arranged for him to pick up to the car at a local supermarket parking lot due to the size of his rig. He got my car all secured and off he went. He managed to make it to the destination (which should have taken 3-4 days) in a day and a half. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!

We arranged to meet at a shopping center close by and my car was delivered in perfect condition. It wasn't even dirty. LOL. and even though the car was picked up later than expected it arrived on the date that I initially expected. I couldn't have been happier. Overall, it was an excellent experience from start to finish. I would definitely recommend using Easy Auto Ship.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Danytza for sharing your experience with us! I'm so glad Lindsay was able to get your shipped for you and delivered earlier than planned! Please keep us in mind for your future car shipping needs!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Friendly driver, communicated with me before, during, and at the end of the trip as needed; got the car to the destination on time and in good shape. Very reasonable price. Except for having to write a lengthy review, I would recommend them.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Mary for sharing your positive experience with us!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Easy Auto Ship has good reviews and a reasonable price. There were others that were a little bit cheaper, but I like to put my stuff in good hands with companies that have a lot of time in the market and know what they're doing. I even did the deal with another company before making the deal with Easy Auto Ship. But when I had some questions, I tried to contact this company, and they were a little bit rude. They never got back to me. That was when I went with Easy Auto Ship. I'm very satisfied with them.

The guy who did the transport was really fast because I was told it was going to be about five to seven days but he was here in about four days. He arrived here even before I did. He's a great, very respectful and professional and amazing person. His name is Tony. I’m very satisfied with all the process with Easy Auto Ship. It was worth it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

The quote was great. I thought it was gonna be more than that, so I was happy with it. The vehicle came in dirty, but they told me to expect that. So there was nothing surprising.

Easy Auto Ship Company Information