4.8/5 (131 ratings)

About Easy Auto Ship

Easy Auto Ship is an auto transport company offering numerous vehicle shipping services in the U.S. and abroad. The company arranges open and enclosed transport as well as expedited shipping options. It sets up shipping for standard vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, boats and heavy equipment. Easy Auto Ship has shipped over 123,000 vehicles, according to its website.

Pros

• Price guarantee
  • $0 to schedule
  • Available nationwide
  • Ships nationally and worldwide

Cons

• No 24-hour customer support
  • Few claim process details on website

Bottom Line

Easy Auto Ship could be a good option to transport your vehicle. As a transport broker, the company works with different carriers to coordinate car shipping. Enclosed and expedited transport are available.

Easy Auto Ship vehicle shipping services

Easy Auto Ship transport services include open transport, enclosed car shipping, door-to-door transport, heavy equipment transport, international auto transport and more. The company transports various vehicle types, including cars, trucks, RVs, motorcycles, boats, tractors and golf carts.

Easy Auto Ship recommends booking transport at least two weeks in advance; one month is ideal. You can get a quote and complete your booking online or by calling. Last-minute scheduling is possible.

Easy Auto Ship lets you know when a driver has been assigned and gives you a pickup window. Transit times are generally four to 10 business days. Easy Auto Ship’s insurance, combined with the carrier’s, covers a minimum of $100,000 in case of damage or loss.

Easy Auto Ship costs

Easy Auto Ship doesn’t list its prices online, but it does provide typical industry base prices per mile (see below). Your ultimate cost is based on shipping distance, the type of vehicle, the type of carrier, the ease of the route, whether or not the vehicle is operable, the time of year and if you need expedited shipping.

For the most accurate cost estimate, get a quote online or call its office. According to the company’s price guarantee, quotes are accurate and all-inclusive, with no additional or hidden fees.

DistanceBase cost per mileBase price range
Up to 500 miles$1Up to $500
500 to 999 miles$0.75$375 to $750
1,000 to 1,999 miles$0.60$600 to $1,200
2,000 to 2,499 miles$0.50$1,000 to $1,250
2,500 miles and up$0.40$1,000 and up

There's no cost to schedule auto transport with Easy Auto Ship; you aren’t charged a deposit until a carrier is assigned. There are several ways to pay: You can get a cash discount of $150 if you put a card on file for the deposit and pay the balance by cash, cashier’s check or money order upon delivery. You can also pay in full upfront by credit card or PayPal.

If you need to cancel transport with Easy Auto Ship, you can get a full refund of your deposit as long as no carrier has been assigned. If a carrier has been scheduled, you may have to pay a service fee of up to $195.

Easy Auto Ship FAQ

What kind of insurance does Easy Auto Ship have?
Easy Auto Ship works with carriers that are fully insured. It also carries its own inland marine insurance policy. This insurance covers a minimum of $100,000 for damage or loss. It doesn’t cover items inside the vehicle.
Where is Easy Auto Ship available?
Easy Auto Ship transports vehicles throughout the U.S. and internationally.
What vehicles can Easy Auto Ship transport?
Easy Auto Ship transports cars, trucks, SUVs, minivans, passenger and cargo vans, motorcycles, boats, RVs, construction equipment, farm equipment and other types of vehicles.
Is Easy Auto Ship a broker or a carrier?
Easy Auto Ship is a broker that has worked with over 88,000 customers, according to its website.
Does Easy Auto Ship transport internationally?
Yes, Easy Auto Ship transports vehicles internationally. It moves vehicles to and from all U.S. ports and works with international carriers.
What days is Easy Auto Ship open?
The company ships cars year-round. Easy Auto Ship’s office in Youngstown, Ohio, is open seven days a week. You can reach Easy Auto Ship during business hours seven days a week.

Is Easy Auto Ship legit?

Easy Auto Ship is a broker that can arrange shipping for almost any type of vehicle, whether the route is domestic or international. It offers instant quotes online and customer service seven days a week. The company lists both an MC Docket number and USDOT number on its website, which you can verify with the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If you’re gathering prices from a bunch of companies for car shipping, consider getting one from Easy Auto Ship.

Easy Auto Ship Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Auto Ship?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Auto Ship?

Original review: May 21, 2022

I had three or four different companies and the Easy Auto folks got back to me so quick. They told me exactly what they were gonna do. They said I would hear from somebody in no more than five days and the vehicle would be up there no more than five days later. I wasn't sure it was going to be true, but they found a guy, got the car, and he got it from Florida to New York in two days. What was really nice was the driver just had a two-car carrier. It was perfect because then I knew he wasn't gonna be driving around 10 different places. He texted me and let me know when he was going to be at my place. It worked out great. The cost was great too. I was expecting to pay around that much and when I was looking at the other quotes that I was given, they were all within the same price. With the service I got and the money that I spent, it was awesome.

The only thing they could do differently is when they sent me this link, the guy said, "Read all of the conditions." I said, "I can't read this this quick. I'm gonna be here all day." He said, "Just click it and approve it." I did, but I never got the link and it didn't take me back to it so that I could read it a day later. I asked him where it was and he said, "I'll send you some stuff." He took some screenshots of the basics, how much money I was going to spend, etc. But it wasn't all of those condition things. There was no link to all the details of the conditions. I couldn't get back to it and he just sent me a summary. That kind of bothered me a little bit. If they could send a PDF so that I could go back and read it after I signed it, that would be great.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I compared prices. And to me, Easy Auto Ship's was very fair. I called them and I got Michael. The guy looked good, but then he turned out to be better than good. It was perfect. From the very beginning, I said, "I'm very nervous. I've heard so many awful stories." And he just talked me through it. "Well, here's what we'll do." They had me signed up with ABC Company and they canceled. So all of a sudden, I don't have a ride again for my car. So immediately, I called back to Michael. And in between this, I got a couple of other people, females. He would be out of his office, and I would call, because, again, I'm suspicious. And then, "Oh, let me get him." He was a perfect gentleman. He answered every question.

I said, "I'm getting really stressed. I have three days. I'm gonna be on an airplane, and my car will be here. I have to leave it." Two days before, he worked with some hauler who does expensive vehicles inside with it. Who knows how he handled it, but he got it for less than the guy wanted. And he had to drive up from San Diego to pick my car up in the South Bay of LA.

The guy that picked the car up was a jewel. He and I conducted all of our business in raging storms, rain, wind in front of my building. We just scrambled, did all the pictures and questions, got the car into his covered vehicle. And all along the line, this guy called me, told me where he was going. There was a delay when he planned to bring the car to me, which was earlier than I expected anyway, so it wasn't a delay for me. And he had an issue, he called me.

I was standing out the hotel room as he pulled up. I knew he'd be there at that moment, because he said he would. I went down and stood outside, and he drove up. I gave him my money, he thanked me timely. My car was fine. Everything was on time. And it's because of a guy like Michael, and the people he works with. I told him, "You guys are incredible. I am gonna give you a good review.” And I did. Everything was what I needed and as they said it would be.

Easy Auto Ship response

Sandi, this is truly one of the best reviews. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we love your kind words. We're happy that Michael could help you feel so calm and put so much trust in us. We hope to ship with you again soon! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

When I spoke with the agent, Matthew, the details that he provided, the accuracy, and the contract were clear and concise. The quote initially showed slightly higher prices. But because we had two vehicles, Matthew was willing to work with us on the price as well and he made it very competitive with the others. While he was on the phone, he said, “I have somebody to pick up the one car tomorrow.” The drivers were phenomenal and they worked with us. One car wouldn't start. One they had a hard time getting in to getting access, and the one was locked out with the key. The driver waited for my son to get the locksmith out.

Then we didn't know that he was showing up when he did. He told us but our phones were off. When I looked, I told him we forgot. He was over at the drop point and I told him that we'd get over there. I asked if he had a Venmo and he said no but his boss does and I could Venmo his boss later and he'd leave the truck. The boss called me and sent me his Venmo address hours later after the vehicle was dropped. We Venmo-ed him immediately. So, the honesty, the trust. We wanted to tip the driver because we were so happy with all of their service, but we weren't there. Overall, Easy Auto is the best in the industry. Can't be beat. The service was second to none. It was beyond our expectations. They were the only ones to provide us with clear and transparent pricing with super fast service, friendly, and professional.

Easy Auto Ship response

Mary, we're so happy this was a great experience for you, despite the little hiccup. You're great!

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2021

Thank you again!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

One of my best friends has two sons who work in management for Night Trucking and Night doesn't do auto shipping. So, they recommended that I contact Easy Auto Ship to have the 2008 Jeep Wrangler that I purchased at auction transported to me from Connecticut. I worked with a rep named Anthony and he was awesome. He was very straightforward about how the whole process worked and everything was really transparent with the fees. He was also very communicative and really letting me know when they got somebody that was potentially interested. That was all I was asking for.

After the fact, when he found a shipper, he said he had some really good information from this guy and that he'd explain to me why nobody was biting on my transport. He said the yard that the vehicle was sitting in, sometimes drivers will have to go there and they'll sit for five hours just waiting for the whole transaction to go through. And he said that drivers don't want to do that. So, if I have a low offer and they have other choices, they're going to go with a higher offer if they know that they have to sit there for four or five hours, which totally made sense.

So, Anthony said that we could sit on this rate that we agreed on or we could hire the driver who, for another $150, agreed to go and get my vehicle picked up. He said the driver was getting ready to head back west and I told him to hire him. The driver also communicated with me the entire way and he took pictures of the vehicle to let me know. All in all, I would totally recommend Easy Auto Ship if anybody was in the same position.

Easy Auto Ship response

Yvette, this is so awesome! We're happy to hear everything went well. Easy Auto Ship and Anthony thank you!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I called quite a few companies and Easy Auto was the only one that could deliver the car at a reasonable amount of time. Also, I talked to somebody at the auction where I bought the car and they recommended Easy Auto. It's one of the top two or three carriers that they would have recommended that they had good success with. Easy Auto put my mind at ease. I had very specific requirements. The car needed special attention to move it. They answered all my questions. They were pretty easy to communicate with via text or phone. They gave me exactly what I asked for. There were no surprises with the rates. Whatever they quoted me, it was pretty much what I paid.

I had the car shipped from California to North Carolina. It took about three days from the time that I called to the time that they picked up the car. Then it was only four days total transportation from coast to coast, which was pretty fast. The driver of the truck called me at different points throughout the trip, just to make sure he had the right number and the right place to drop it off. He had some changes in the schedule, but he called me far enough in advance so I knew when he was going to be there. I got there a lot earlier than originally planned. But he gave me enough warning where I was able to react. The car arrived in perfect condition. It was a very impressive truck too that they used. I was really, really impressed. It looked very professional. There were some really high end cars that were on there. There was like a NASCAR car and a professional baseball player's car was on there. So Easy Auto is a trusted service with a good reputation.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thanks for choosing EAS, Matthew! We appreciate you!

Original review: May 7, 2022

Easy Auto Ship shipped the vehicle out the next day after I called in. There was constant communication via text message with the driver. The service was good. I would definitely recommend them again or use them again if I had to.

Easy Auto Ship response

I'm so glad we were able to ship your car so fast and that you had great communication throughout the entire process. Please keep us in mind for future car shipping.

Original review: April 29, 2022

They were really helpful. I initially signed up but then the car I was looking for was sold. I found a different vehicle and I reached back out to Brandon, who provided me the first quote. He got back to me right away, and got everything lined up and scheduled. It all went super quick. It was really good. I wasn't there for the pickup but the dealer said it went really well. The delivery was great. It was a little bit later than originally expected but it was not an issue. I was prepared to be there until it showed up. The cost was right in the ballpark of where I had expected it to be. So I’m satisfied with it.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much for the positive review. I'm so glad that you found the right vehicle and were able to have it shipped without any issues. Please keep us in mind for future shipping needs.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Mark with Easy Auto Ship was so nice. I got great service. The driver called and told me they were an hour away, and they showed up in one hour. I deal with a lot of people and they were excellent. I'm going to use them again. I just bought another car in St. Louis and getting ready to call Mark to see what he's going to charge me to bring it to Whitestown, Indiana.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much for the positive response Danny! We pride ourselves on our great customer service and our efficiency. We look forward to helping you ship your next car!

Original review: April 24, 2022

The price was higher than I had hoped but they were able to get the car to where and when I was wanting to get it. They did a fine job.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Ken for the positive feedback! Please keep us in mind for your future car shipping needs.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I was skeptical at first, but the experience with Easy Auto Ship went well. They were able to beat the prices that I had received from other auto ship places and the company that they hired to pick up the car was exceptional. Colin who I talked to was super helpful and very empathetic. We were impressed, which is hard these days because a lot of people are not taking the time to create that customer personal experience.

Easy Auto Ship could explain the procedure a bit on what they do though. When I was trying to explain it to my family who was asking what was going on with the car, they did not understand that they were the broker, and that they just put it out there. It was difficult for me to understand, and that let me know that I didn't understand it well. Also, once it's put out that that is your need, it could be a matter of two weeks or two hours. For me, they called me and said, “We have somebody that can go there and they'll be there in two hours.” But I was not up there so I had to arrange for everything. It would have been helpful to know it could be that quick. Additionally, the hauler and the driver should receive more. The cut for Auto Ship was 300, and the hauler and the driver only made 400 on the pickup. I thought they were getting more of the cut.

Easy Auto Ship response

I'm so glad we were able to ship your car so quick for you. Thank-you so much for the positive feedback.

Easy Auto Ship Company Information