4.8/5 (112 ratings)

About Easy Auto Ship

Easy Auto Ship is an auto transport company offering numerous vehicle shipping services in the U.S. and abroad. The company arranges open and enclosed transport as well as expedited shipping options. It sets up shipping for standard vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, boats and heavy equipment. Easy Auto Ship has shipped over 123,000 vehicles, according to its website.

Pros

• Price guarantee
  • $0 to schedule
  • Available nationwide
  • Ships nationally and worldwide

Cons

• No 24-hour customer support
  • Few claim process details on website

Bottom Line

Easy Auto Ship could be a good option to transport your vehicle. As a transport broker, the company works with different carriers to coordinate car shipping. Enclosed and expedited transport are available.

Easy Auto Ship vehicle shipping services

Easy Auto Ship transport services include open transport, enclosed car shipping, door-to-door transport, heavy equipment transport, international auto transport and more. The company transports various vehicle types, including cars, trucks, RVs, motorcycles, boats, tractors and golf carts.

Easy Auto Ship recommends booking transport at least two weeks in advance; one month is ideal. You can get a quote and complete your booking online or by calling. Last-minute scheduling is possible.

Easy Auto Ship lets you know when a driver has been assigned and gives you a pickup window. Transit times are generally four to 10 business days. Easy Auto Ship’s insurance, combined with the carrier’s, covers a minimum of $100,000 in case of damage or loss.

Easy Auto Ship costs

Easy Auto Ship doesn’t list its prices online, but it does provide typical industry base prices per mile (see below). Your ultimate cost is based on shipping distance, the type of vehicle, the type of carrier, the ease of the route, whether or not the vehicle is operable, the time of year and if you need expedited shipping.

For the most accurate cost estimate, get a quote online or call its office. According to the company’s price guarantee, quotes are accurate and all-inclusive, with no additional or hidden fees.

DistanceBase cost per mileBase price range
Up to 500 miles$1Up to $500
500 to 999 miles$0.75$375 to $750
1,000 to 1,999 miles$0.60$600 to $1,200
2,000 to 2,499 miles$0.50$1,000 to $1,250
2,500 miles and up$0.40$1,000 and up

There's no cost to schedule auto transport with Easy Auto Ship; you aren’t charged a deposit until a carrier is assigned. There are several ways to pay: You can get a cash discount of $150 if you put a card on file for the deposit and pay the balance by cash, cashier’s check or money order upon delivery. You can also pay in full upfront by credit card or PayPal.

If you need to cancel transport with Easy Auto Ship, you can get a full refund of your deposit as long as no carrier has been assigned. If a carrier has been scheduled, you may have to pay a service fee of up to $195.

Easy Auto Ship FAQ

What kind of insurance does Easy Auto Ship have?
Easy Auto Ship works with carriers that are fully insured. It also carries its own inland marine insurance policy. This insurance covers a minimum of $100,000 for damage or loss. It doesn’t cover items inside the vehicle.
Where is Easy Auto Ship available?
Easy Auto Ship transports vehicles throughout the U.S. and internationally.
What vehicles can Easy Auto Ship transport?
Easy Auto Ship transports cars, trucks, SUVs, minivans, passenger and cargo vans, motorcycles, boats, RVs, construction equipment, farm equipment and other types of vehicles.
Is Easy Auto Ship a broker or a carrier?
Easy Auto Ship is a broker that has worked with over 88,000 customers, according to its website.
Does Easy Auto Ship transport internationally?
Yes, Easy Auto Ship transports vehicles internationally. It moves vehicles to and from all U.S. ports and works with international carriers.
What days is Easy Auto Ship open?
The company ships cars year-round. Easy Auto Ship’s office in Youngstown, Ohio, is open seven days a week. You can reach Easy Auto Ship during business hours seven days a week.

Is Easy Auto Ship legit?

Easy Auto Ship is a broker that can arrange shipping for almost any type of vehicle, whether the route is domestic or international. It offers instant quotes online and customer service seven days a week. The company lists both an MC Docket number and USDOT number on its website, which you can verify with the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If you’re gathering prices from a bunch of companies for car shipping, consider getting one from Easy Auto Ship.

Easy Auto Ship Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Auto Ship?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

Easy Auto Ship was fantastic. I couldn't have been happier with the professionalism that they showed me. Abby was the person at Easy Auto Ship that took care of everything. I didn't quite believe her at first. She said, “Don't worry, I got this handled.” I had already talked to a number of major carriers that couldn't get this handled, and I was worried because I had a deadline. They got me the perfect carrier.

Easy Auto Ship was in contact with me the whole time. They followed up. They had called and said they had hoped to get the car here on Thursday. The driver called Thursday and said, “I've got good news and bad news. I can't get there Thursday afternoon. But I'll get it there Friday morning. We're running a little bit late.” I had requested if there was any way they could do Friday morning. It would benefit me because I had something going on that night that I was going to need to leave that afternoon. He said no problem. He got here early. On the information of getting the car to me, it showed some roundabouts. He was very concerned about the big truck. I told him it was not gonna be a problem. He did it and said it was perfect.

I was super impressed with the carrier himself. I've had cars delivered to me before. The previous time, I was not happy at all with a special car that I received. With this guy, the cars on the bottom were covered. My car came in fine shape. When he removed it from the truck, he was super careful. It was a very expensive car, and I was worried sick. He did a fantastic job. I've already mentioned them to several people about booking through them.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Mike for your sharing your positive experience with us! I'm so glad Abby was able to get your car shipped for you and have it arrive with no problems! Please keep us in mind for your future car shipping needs!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Easy Auto Ship's rep was incredible. I had never done anything like that before. And even when there was a blip where the first company that bid on picking up my car couldn't meet my pickup time, she reached back to me before I got a turn down notice from that first company, letting me know they had backed out and given it one more day and see what happens. Another carrier came up, reached out and took care of the gig. So, before I could have even been worried about it, she called me out of the blue and told me what was going down.

Michael reached out, letting me know he was picking up the car. I sent him a photo of the claim ticket because it was in an airport lot. And he connected with them, got the car, reached out ahead of time, letting me know how close he was. I reached back, letting him know where I was and coordinated the pickup. He was 10 minutes early from what he told me he would deliver. I live in a hotel. So, it was easy. He just pulled right up here in the parking lot.

A buddy of mine is a car dealer here in Ohio. I passed along the company and Rachel's name, because my dealer buys off the internet all the time. The dealer even sent me a name of his guy that he uses. And Easy Auto Ship was $300 less, so I got a better price and service. And the quote was spot-on. If I have to do this again, I will use them. I'm sure I'll be able to pass along info to snowbirds who have to do it.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Jim for your positive review! I'm so glad we were able to get your car shipped for you when another company fell short and have it arrive with no problems!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Bill, the rep from Easy Auto, was very thorough and did a great job following up. I was doing the transport for my granddaughter and the quote came very quickly after I gave the details on the addresses to pick up her car and where it was gonna be towed back home here in Atlanta. I talked with the parents of my granddaughter and we made arrangements with the shop where it was going. Bill took it from there and coordinated with the shop, got back in touch with me and all the arrangements were made. And the next call that I got was about 24 hours later from the driver. They were picking out from the one where the car was towed when it failed and then the one where it was going to be repaired here in Atlanta.

The driver was great. I reached out to him several times. He let me know when he was close to the dealership so I could make arrangements with the shop to make sure that someone would know that the car was coming and to offload it and sign the paperwork because I was not going to be there. The shop wanted to know the contact information for Easy Auto because they wanted to use them again here in Atlanta. So, I gave the contact information to my son-in-law and he passed it on last week.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Rex for your positive review! I'm so glad Bill was able to arrange all the details with you and the shop to get your car delivered to your granddaughter in the time frame you needed.

Original review: July 15, 2022

My brother had moved up to the area and I needed to get his car up to my area. I called many transport companies and I talked to a couple, but I didn't like some of the principles about upfront money. I like being paid when we had a date and then paying the driver when he got up here. Easy Auto Ship had good recommendations as far as the stars and they were a medium price when I was pricing it around. They were very good and they came when expected. It was an easy experience.

The rep was nice and reassuring and explained the process to me. He told me that we didn't pay until they we have a driver and they pay when the pickup is set. I talked to him a couple of times. I called him right before because I had a window of when I needed to have the car picked up. I called him before I went down to make sure I was going to be within that window. He was and it worked out very well. I gave the car on a Thursday and it was in Boston by Monday. The driver was very pleasant. He was a hard-working guy from Massachusetts and he'd driven from California and he picked up the car.

I live on very small streets and I gave him the address of a mall near me that had a bigger parking lot, which is a mile from where I live. It was the same thing when he picked up the car. He couldn't get to where we were but he met us within a mile from where I could walk back after dropping off the car. He parked it for me because I couldn't drive a stick shift and we came back and got it that evening. He offered us a ride home but I didn't need it because it was so close. I would recommend Easy Auto Ship.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Patty for your positive review! I'm so glad you decided to go with our company to transport your vehicle! We are very upfront with our customers and are very good at communicating what you are getting when it comes to transporting your car with us. I'm happy you had such a great experience with our company!

Original review: May 21, 2022

I had three or four different companies and the Easy Auto folks got back to me so quick. They told me exactly what they were gonna do. They said I would hear from somebody in no more than five days and the vehicle would be up there no more than five days later. I wasn't sure it was going to be true, but they found a guy, got the car, and he got it from Florida to New York in two days. What was really nice was the driver just had a two-car carrier. It was perfect because then I knew he wasn't gonna be driving around 10 different places. He texted me and let me know when he was going to be at my place. It worked out great. The cost was great too. I was expecting to pay around that much and when I was looking at the other quotes that I was given, they were all within the same price. With the service I got and the money that I spent, it was awesome.

The only thing they could do differently is when they sent me this link, the guy said, "Read all of the conditions." I said, "I can't read this this quick. I'm gonna be here all day." He said, "Just click it and approve it." I did, but I never got the link and it didn't take me back to it so that I could read it a day later. I asked him where it was and he said, "I'll send you some stuff." He took some screenshots of the basics, how much money I was going to spend, etc. But it wasn't all of those condition things. There was no link to all the details of the conditions. I couldn't get back to it and he just sent me a summary. That kind of bothered me a little bit. If they could send a PDF so that I could go back and read it after I signed it, that would be great.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Michael for your positive review! I'm so glad we were able to get your car shipped in the time frame that you needed. We as a company pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and efficient delivery of your vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Easy Auto Ship is responsive and has fair pricing. Also, the turnaround time getting it down here was very quick. Pickup was in Texas, drop-off was in Alabama. And it took more than three days. There was a dispatcher who called me to give updates on the status of the shipment. The driver just pulled in, rolled off the thing, I paid my fee and that was it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

My transport went really well. The coordinator was great and set it up right away, let me know they were gonna get it. They picked it up right on time and delivered it on time. The driver was fantastic. It took him about a day and a half. It was really quick, once he picked it up. He had to stop and get some sleep. Then he was here the next day. The vehicle arrived without a scratch on it.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Mike for your positive review. I'm so glad we were able to get your vehicle shipped for you with no problems and have it picked up and delivered in the time frame requested.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Abby provide very courteous and excellent service. She was extremely helpful in every aspect of the shipping and delivery process. I would highly recommend Easy Auto Ship to anyone needing to ship a vehicle. She even did a follow up to ensure the delivery process went smoothly. Easy Auto Ship is an excellent resource for shipping a vehicle and makes the entire process worry free.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Richard for your positive review! I'm so glad Abby was able to get your car shipped for you with no problems and keep in contact with you throughout the entire process. Please keep us in mind for your future car shipping needs!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I went to Easy Auto Ship because all other companies were charging less and they were kind of sketchy. Easy Auto Ship's rep was great. She was the customer service agent on the phone with me the whole time. She led me through the whole process. I was updated with everything.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Joseph for your positive review! I'm so glad we were able to get your car shipped for you with no problems! Please keep us in mind for your future car shipping needs!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

My experience with Easy Auto Ship was unbelievably good. I was so surprised. My car got shipped from Scottsdale, Arizona to South Salem, New York. The driver's name was Chris. We called one day, and the next day, it was picked up. Four days later, it was dropped off at a nice drop-off space near our house, and it was in perfect shape. The driver was great, and everything about the experience was fantastic.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank-you so much Bill for your kind words! I'm so glad we were able to get your car picked up the next day and have it arrive to a location that worked best for you with no problems! Please keep us in mind for your future car shipping needs.

Easy Auto Ship Company Information