2. Automotive
  3. Auto Transporters

4.9/5 (16 ratings)

About Easy Auto Ship

Easy Auto Ship is an auto transport company offering numerous vehicle shipping services in the U.S. and abroad. The company arranges open and enclosed transport as well as expedited shipping options. It sets up shipping for standard vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, boats and heavy equipment. Easy Auto Ship has shipped over 123,000 vehicles, according to its website.

Pros

• Price guarantee
  • $0 to schedule
  • Available nationwide
  • Ships nationally and worldwide

Cons

• No 24-hour customer support
  • Few claim process details on website

Bottom Line

Easy Auto Ship could be a good option to transport your vehicle. As a transport broker, the company works with different carriers to coordinate car shipping. Enclosed and expedited transport are available.

Easy Auto Ship vehicle shipping services

Easy Auto Ship transport services include open transport, enclosed car shipping, door-to-door transport, heavy equipment transport, international auto transport and more. The company transports various vehicle types, including cars, trucks, RVs, motorcycles, boats, tractors and golf carts.

Easy Auto Ship recommends booking transport at least two weeks in advance; one month is ideal. You can get a quote and complete your booking online or by calling. Last-minute scheduling is possible.

Easy Auto Ship lets you know when a driver has been assigned and gives you a pickup window. Transit times are generally four to 10 business days. Easy Auto Ship’s insurance, combined with the carrier’s, covers a minimum of $100,000 in case of damage or loss.

Easy Auto Ship costs

Easy Auto Ship doesn’t list its prices online, but it does provide typical industry base prices per mile (see below). Your ultimate cost is based on shipping distance, the type of vehicle, the type of carrier, the ease of the route, whether or not the vehicle is operable, the time of year and if you need expedited shipping.

For the most accurate cost estimate, get a quote online or call its office. According to the company’s price guarantee, quotes are accurate and all-inclusive, with no additional or hidden fees.

DistanceBase cost per mileBase price range
Up to 500 miles$1Up to $500
500 to 999 miles$0.75$375 to $750
1,000 to 1,999 miles$0.60$600 to $1,200
2,000 to 2,499 miles$0.50$1,000 to $1,250
2,500 miles and up$0.40$1,000 and up

There's no cost to schedule auto transport with Easy Auto Ship; you aren’t charged a deposit until a carrier is assigned. There are several ways to pay: You can get a cash discount of $150 if you put a card on file for the deposit and pay the balance by cash, cashier’s check or money order upon delivery. You can also pay in full upfront by credit card or PayPal.

If you need to cancel transport with Easy Auto Ship, you can get a full refund of your deposit as long as no carrier has been assigned. If a carrier has been scheduled, you may have to pay a service fee of up to $195.

Easy Auto Ship FAQ

What kind of insurance does Easy Auto Ship have?
Easy Auto Ship works with carriers that are fully insured. It also carries its own inland marine insurance policy. This insurance covers a minimum of $100,000 for damage or loss. It doesn’t cover items inside the vehicle.
Where is Easy Auto Ship available?
Easy Auto Ship transports vehicles throughout the U.S. and internationally.
What vehicles can Easy Auto Ship transport?
Easy Auto Ship transports cars, trucks, SUVs, minivans, passenger and cargo vans, motorcycles, boats, RVs, construction equipment, farm equipment and other types of vehicles.
Is Easy Auto Ship a broker or a carrier?
Easy Auto Ship is a broker that has worked with over 88,000 customers, according to its website.
Does Easy Auto Ship transport internationally?
Yes, Easy Auto Ship transports vehicles internationally. It moves vehicles to and from all U.S. ports and works with international carriers.
What days is Easy Auto Ship open?
The company ships cars year-round. Easy Auto Ship’s office in Youngstown, Ohio, is open seven days a week. You can reach Easy Auto Ship during business hours seven days a week.

Is Easy Auto Ship legit?

Easy Auto Ship is a broker that can arrange shipping for almost any type of vehicle, whether the route is domestic or international. It offers instant quotes online and customer service seven days a week. The company lists both an MC Docket number and USDOT number on its website, which you can verify with the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If you’re gathering prices from a bunch of companies for car shipping, consider getting one from Easy Auto Ship.

Easy Auto Ship Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Auto Ship?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Auto Ship?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I worked with Anthony and he was very accommodating, friendly and cooperative. He gave me the ins and outs of what to look for and what to avoid. I had trouble getting him sometimes but he set my move up. They were totally cooperative. But the only snafu was they had to take three trucks to get my vehicle. The first one came and he had 12 feet on his truck. I don't know what he was gonna take. A bicycle?

The second guy came and spent three or four days there because he had a mechanical problem and he's waiting for a part. And of course, he couldn't take my vehicle. Easy Auto Ship got a third guy. The only problem with these truckers is that a lot of them can't speak English. I try to communicate with them and nail them down as to where they are and when they're going to arrive. But either they don't know or they can't tell me. Other than that, the driver got here on time and the car was in the same shape that I left it. Everything went fine except for the mix-up with the trucks and it wasn't their fault. I was totally satisfied.

Easy Auto Ship response

Craig, thank you for understanding the carrier issue was not our fault - we'll be looking a bit further into this situation so we can avoid it in the future. Thank you for the kind words about Anthony and our company!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I went to a website that listed a bunch of different shipping companies and some of the qualities about them. They said that Easy Auto Ship was on the lower end of price and they had good reviews online. So, I decided to go with them. I also reached out to another company and they originally gave me an estimate. And the estimate that the other company gave me was in line with what I ended up paying. So, Easy Auto Ship wasn’t necessarily cheaper than the other people, but the quote that I got from them originally was lower.

Other than that, their reps were very good. But after I got the quote, I didn't get any response for quite a while. My car wasn't picked up and I didn't even get a follow up of whether they got somebody scheduled to pick up. So, I called back and I was assigned to a different person. And that person really helped coordinate the transport. She also said the offered price was too low that nobody was going to pick up my car for that price and that other person who gave that to me was new. So, the second person I talked to was so great that I had a good experience in the end. As for the drivers, they were perfectly fine to work with all across the way. I spent probably $300 more than I thought that I was going to have to spend but they picked up the vehicle and got it in in the timeframe that they said they were going to.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank you for choosing our company, Brooke! We're happy it was a good experience for you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

My son's car was parked at my daughter's house in California. My son needed it moved over here to his property in Colorado. That's 1,150 miles. Easy Auto Ship picked it up and they brought it over here. I talked with a lady named Abby who was very helpful. I told her that I only had a window of a few days or I would have to wait until I came back out to California next month. So, she said, "Let's put it up there and see what happens." They came to me the actual day I was leaving, so I just had my daughter and son-in-law to deal with it. It was at their house anyway. They came, and they got it. But they damaged the gate on the rails. The driver tried to ask for more money at the end when he was getting ready to deliver it. I told him no. Other than that, everything went good. The truck is here.

Easy Auto Ship response

Rhonda, we're glad our company was able to facilitate the transport for you. We'll be looking into the situation on our end - please let us know if there's anything we can do for you on your end. We appreciate you leaving an honest review for our service and not the carrier; we will do what we can to help you resolve any issues they may have caused.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The customer service reps were superb and very friendly. They were the go-between, so they have to deal with a lot of individual drivers or carriers. We shipped two cars and on one of them, the guy was good. But the other guy parked a quarter-mile away and I had to walk back. The first guy took photos of the car and he immediately emailed them, too. The other guy had a clipboard and was checking boxes, which was not as advanced. So, there's not that consistency with the carriers that Easy Auto works with. But it's the nature of the business.

The company warns you that about anything over 100 pounds is not allowed. We packed the first car full and it was well over 100 but the guy didn't say anything. For the second car, the guy didn't even look in the truck, he could tell from the backseat and he said that it was over 100 and there's a $100 charge. So, it's not impossible but there's going to be a surcharge. It’s something to be aware of. Also, people should make sure they're giving you the phone number of the driver because that's handy to have. The second guy didn't always respond as quickly as I would have liked but I did get them. So, that was good.

Easy Auto Ship response

David, although some of our carriers are more high-tech than others, we still all work together to get the job done. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate you!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Lindsey, the rep, was very comprehensive and she helped me above and beyond. I called her on a Thursday and by my Monday, she already had me someone to move my vehicle. She knew what she was doing. The quote was very accurate and Easy Auto only charged me $100 more but other than that, they matched the price that they told me. I sent them a message at day two to confirm if they were still coming by the time they told me and to see if everything was alright. He responded in a timely manner and said yes. The guy came by the time he told me he was expected to arrive and he was very helpful and nice.

The vehicle had a minor damage on the back windshield. He was going through a tree and something fell off the tree and hit the back windshield because my vehicle was at the top of the truck. But he did a good job because it wasn't his fault what happened and he still took responsibility right away and got it fixed the following day. I will recommend Easy Auto. I got to them because of a family member that also moved to Texas and used their service and recommended them.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank you for the kind review, Katerin. We're glad everything moved so quickly for you!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I had a good experience with Easy Auto Ship before, that's why I chose them for the second time. I just sent them a text and that’s it. It was so easy to work with them. I’m always very satisfied. The quote to the final pricing was really accurate and reasonable, that's why I'm happy with it. I’d recommend the company.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank you so much for choosing Easy Auto Ship again to ship your car! I'm so glad that we were able to earn your business for a second time. Thank you for the kind words! Feel free to text us again the next time you need to ship.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The rep was amazing, very friendly, helpful and patient with my situation. She was very sympathetic and kept me up-to-date with everything. Both the pick-up and delivery were great. I was nervous giving my car to somebody but the guy was super friendly and nice. He took all the pictures and loaded the vehicle carefully. He picked up my car in Illinois and dropped it off in Dallas, Texas so that was quite a haul. I was concerned because it's a brand-new car but I loved that it was enclosed. It was a good experience. I would use Easy Auto Ship again if I was to ever move back home for sure.

Easy Auto Ship response

Ana, thank you so very much! We're glad you were so happy with the service we provided. Hope to talk to you again soon!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Working with customer service was good. They were really professional. They picked up the two 3500 Ram pickups whenever they said they were gonna and delivered it a little bit before they said they were going to. I'd guarantee if I ever need another one shipped, they'll be who I call. I was really pleased with the service and the way they treated me. They got back with me and made sure that the stuff was delivered.

Easy Auto Ship response

John, you're awesome! Thanks for the kind review and thanks for choosing EAS!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The customer service reps From Easy Auto did very well in answering our questions and concerns. They made sure that we were comfortable doing it so that we didn't feel like they were gonna pick up our car, take it south and sell it somewhere. There was a bill of lading that had to be produced and pictures taken, recordings made and the same thing at the other end when my brother picked it up. They didn't take it to his house like we thought they were. They went to a motel or hotel where the guy was staying but the whole experience was good.

The guy that picked the vehicle up didn't speak English very well so we added an interpretation on his phone because he was Russian but he did a good job on both ends. My brother said he was a great guy too. So, the language barrier was probably the most minimal thing of all. Everything went well. The vehicle got there safely and it wasn't damaged in any way.

Easy Auto Ship response

Del, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - thanks for choosing EAS!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

The reps from Easy Auto who helped me set up the transport were very professional, friendly and helpful. The quote was what they said and the communication with the driver was good.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thank you for the kind words, Andrew!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I kept up with a guy named Richard from Easy Auto and he was super friendly. He addressed anything that I needed or any concerns right away. So, I stuck with him. I had no problems with the delivery. The guy was texting me and letting me know how far away he was. He let me know if there was anything that happened on the road. So, keeping me up-to-date was mainly my priority.

I was thinking it wasn’t gonna go great when he took my car but he was nice about it. He showed up and our home wasn't ready so he met us at the hotel we were staying at. It didn't inconvenience him because our house is literally around the corner. I asked if it was okay and he said that it was not a problem. The car was exactly how I left it. The guy seemed down to earth, so we had a good experience with him. I’d like to thank Easy Auto for their service and I've already recommended it to my sister-in-law. She is trying to come out here and she has multiple cars and I told her she’ll need them.

Easy Auto Ship response

Lamonna, Richard and Easy Auto Ship thank you!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Easy Auto Ship worked with me. The guy I bought the car from had a short time period, and they had one guy that was gonna haul, but he didn’t pan out. Then they kept looking and found me somebody. They did some work. If I buy another car, I will tell anybody at Easy Auto Ship.

Easy Auto Ship response

Thanks for choosing Easy Auto Ship, Randy!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I spoke to a person at Easy Auto Ship and the service was absolutely exceptional so I stuck with that. We set up a date with the truck to pick up the car. One day before we got the car in California, I got a phone call from the truck driver. We set up a time and a place, and I took the car. It was extremely dirty but there was no other way as when traveling from the East Coast to the West, it would be a dirty car at the end, so I didn't hold that against the transport service.

Easy Auto Ship response

Erez, it was a pleasure working with you! Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Easy Auto Ship's quote was down-to-earth. The agents were always on the ball and they kept in touch with me. They told me what was going on every step of the way, how long it was going to be, and what was roughly the arrival date and time. It was very well put together. I was going on a vacation over the weekend with my wife to New Hampshire and the day of my departure, the vehicle came. The driver dropped the car off. It worked out pretty well way down to the leather.

Easy Auto Ship response

We are so glad everything worked out so well for you, Joe. Thank you for your kind words!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Easy Auto Ship was very cost-effective and the communication was good from the representative that I was in touch with. I got the feeling that they were there to help. They were able to get the car shipped out as soon as possible and the driver was professional. Since the time that I called, the transport only took four days and the vehicle was perfectly fine when it arrived. It was an excellent experience with Easy Auto and I would highly recommend it.

Easy Auto Ship response

You're so kind, Adnan! We appreciate you!

Easy Auto Ship Company Information