2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.95/5

The PT Cruiser is a family vehicle that was discontinued in 2010. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Chrysler PT Cruiser Shop on Rydeshopper
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chrysler PT Cruiser Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler PT Cruiser?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler PT Cruiser?

Original review: June 15, 2018

I like that the PT Cruiser 2006 is American made, because it is something I consider an attractive feature when it is affordable to support my countries economy. The car's shape is cute and it is a bright aqua color that caught my eye. I also like the height of the seat as well as the overall look. But it was not a great experience and I had expected problems and too many issues buying a recovered title. The car has had problems locking and had constant problems and even leaking. I'd give it a new engine all together but the system it is built on may be a major flaw on its function. And the car takes a few seconds too long to start up after turning the ignition. It has been more problematic in 3 years than it was worth.

Original review: June 13, 2018

PT Cruiser was crappy and falling apart no matter how good you took care of it. The window switches were in wrong. The CD player didn't work. It was the worst car I have ever owned and I regret spending that kind of money on the car that did not last a year and will look for something better and will do all the work on it to keep it going. I will never purchase that kind of car again.

Original review: June 12, 2018

PT Cruiser is a very great car. Perfect for me not to big not too small. Had a 02 and a 07 previously. I liked the 07 better because of the royal blue color, the updated radio with an aux cord and the very nice leather seats. It is also low cost in gas. It lasts longer. All in all, it is great to cruise around and go on drives.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Three weeks ago I was driving my 2003 PT Cruiser and had just got onto the highway when all of a sudden my car just dies and now won't do anything and batteries won't work once they have been installed into the car. Please help me figure out what the cause of this may be. The car won't even make any noise at all when you turn the key over. No power to anything even after putting new battery in. I do believe the alarm light came on right as it was during as I was getting onto the highway and it died right on a bridge at 9:30-10 pm and I'm a female so I was scared to death.

Original review: May 2, 2018

This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever had, I'm still making car payments on it and it has been one problem after another. Already spent well over a thousand dollars to fix different parts and it has to have more work done on it and I have only had this vehicle a year and a month. Wouldn't ever want another Chrysler, now I'm stuck looking for another vehicle so I can give this one back. Not putting money into this vehicle.

Original review: April 29, 2018

This car tries to kill me, literally! It shuts off for no reason at any time even 75mi/hr down interstate. Alarm goes off for no reason all hours. Horn honks for no reason while driving.

Original review: March 19, 2018

If the mechanically non-inclined women says she want a PT Abuser then by all means buy the women a PT Bruiser. Never mind the $1300.00 transmission leak that did not work or the $1200.00 dollar water pump and while we have engine out, replace the timing belt or the rims that according to Chrysler said were very unsafe, or the electrical nightmares or the suspension in rear falling apart, this car is a testament on how much you love the lady you call buster. Oh did I mention it was bought new and drove about twice a month, and maintenance was perfect? Oh well car cost 23k new then about 10k in expenses so I figure if I keep it another 35 yrs it will pay for itself, being the little women is near 70 and me maintaining my 29 yr old body (in my mind) and we continue to not drive it should hopefully not break down.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have a 2002 PT Cruiser Limited. I love my car...absolutely love my car...but it is a piece of junk. As soon as I drove it off the lot, (it was used when I bought it) it needed a battery, alternator, brake lights replaced, thermostat, and a transmission panel. Not even a month later and the car is dead as a doornail in my driveway. Plus there is thick, pink liquid pouring out of the car. I've already put over $1,000 into it within the last month. I am at a loss because I can't (and don't want to) put any more money into it. Please people...save your money and buy something dependable. Yes, the PT Cruiser is a cute car...but it is not worth the headache or the money.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have a 2006 got... this car is nothing but problems after problems... turbo gone bad, running hot, they designed the antifreeze reservoir so close to the ending and it did melt from touching the motor. The instrument cluster keep on and off all the time. You cannot tell any difference from the turbo and the non turbo cruiser in performance, only it sounds different. These kinds of junk is a big waste of money and made me hate all Chrysler brands. Never ever touch Chrysler again. You will never lose with GM.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Great cars. Love the ones I have had. Have had them since 2001 and use them on my mail route perfect. Because things go wrong does not mean they are POS. Me I will bash Ford all the time because I do not like them lol. I own a 2007 PT and yes money gets put into them when we drive them. I replace brakes every 3 months etc. Motor mounts once a month and change the oil. I go through tires and front hubs and other problems but does not bother me because I know the reasons these things happen.

Chrysler PT Cruiser Company Information