Chrysler Minivans

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Traded in a Honda Odyssey for a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country. Big mistake. The transmission bangs when going from reverse to drive. Not all the time but when it sits. It is metal to metal. It seems that the electrical sensor is delaying the action. Chrysler examined it and states no issues but tells me that it may continue to make this noise. It also jumped in neutral and twice this week would not go into reverse. Chrysler does not see any problems. Perhaps they aren't looking hard enough. One jump actually caused damage by moving the bumper against a brick wall. This does not appear to be safe.

America bailed out a failing company with hard working citizens money because they couldn't make a good product and compete in the marketplace to have them continue to make unreliable cars. Shameful. I bought an American made car in support of American manufacturing. I learned a lesson the hard way. My wife doesn't even want to drive it. I don't blame her. I have been driving over 45 years and owned so many cars and this is the worse. Do yourself a favor do not buy that Chrysler. Thank you.

My family had been a Ford family forever. My grandfather had a good friend that built a home on our golf course years ago and, at that time, he became a Chrysler owner. He always said to me when I was done with Ford, try Chrysler... When our son was born in 2009, after bringing him home, we traded our 1999 Ford SVT Lightning in for a 2009 Journey. After a few months, it wasn't big enough and we traded it for a 2009 T/C van. We traded our in our 2009 vehicle for a 2011 Town & Country van at Normandin Chrysler Jeep, 900 Capitol Expressway Auto Mall, San Jose, CA 95136, (408) 266-9500. After having it for over one year (purchased in 10/2014), we started having issues with starting the vehicle.

What is interesting to note is that during the laborious exercise of buying a car, the Finance manager made one of the most provoking statements about buying an extended warranty. He actually stated that the difference between our 2009 and 2011 product was over eleven hundred new circuit designs and that the failure modes of these products were not fully known. So, we bought the extended plan based on the convincing nature of his concern, for us. WE had never done that before.

The first incident started when my son and I went to a park (in July 2011), and when I went to push-start the vehicle (where a key is not inserted in the column but a fob that needs to be near the vehicle), the vehicle does not start. So you're supposed to push down on the brake pedal and push the Start button, the vehicle is supposed to start. But no. This is first of several incidences of the vehicle not starting. Later, we came back to try an start the van, there was never any indication of a power issue. Full electronic activity was obvious, just no cranking at the starter, nothing.

This incident, at the dealer, as we were told was a battery event. This was a car was less than 4 years old. I told the dealer that our #0093 SRT8 Super Bee was twice that age and had the original battery. I told them that, as an engineer, I had measured the battery voltage, knew all power accessories were working and that their disposition seemed wrong. Their comment was that the 'computer' was showing 'low voltage alarms'. I, then, given the battery is not a warrant service paid $279 for a $100 battery.

In the coming months, given no change, my family went through: 1) Software Upgrade - They could not explain the connection. I queried them hard on this... 2) Illegal Key - New key fob and coding. 3) WIN - Wireless Ignition Module. 4) Delivered the van to the dealership for an extended test drive simulation for them to live as we live with this van. Rental car included. No longer paying our $100 deductible was established two repairs ago because nothing was being fixed... They were fine with this, then. They were supposed to 'install' a co-pilot computer to further advance their ability to diagnosis any code errors.

Through this period we were insulted as to whether we knew to push the brake pedal. Really? And, through this period the van was towed to the dealership, DOA , via AAA each time. And, when there, absolutely when they tested in front of me and my wife, was DOA. NO doubt here that there is a problem. I got to a point where I told my adviser and, with two meetings with the Service Director, that I understood intermittent problems are hard to address because as a technology professional who has been troubleshooting complex problems for years that it is problematic.

Recently, June 2016, for 10 days we left the car again. The agreement was that they would install a 'co-pilot' drive the car like we did and continue their troubleshooting. Five days into this I found out they were just leaving the van parked and doing a fly-by during the day and that it was starting. I explained the 8D troubleshooting technique to them. In that, if you change the sample event while testing for a specific problem, it may skew the integrity of your evaluation. I was told that they needed permission to do this? I told them that was granted when I left the car last week...

At this time I requested the access to a Chrysler case worker and seek an objective, common sense approach to eleven months of chaos. My wife has missed time at work. Our son has been late to school. We have been stranded many times. We got a call from AAA complaining to us to fix our car... We have been with AAA CA for just less than 40 years. Imagine that, scolded by AAA for a bad car?

I was sent a text, to come get my car on Friday, June 10th. It said can't "find a problem and come get your car". When I went to get it on the morning of the 11th, over the 10 day period, they drove it 38 miles. They knew that my wife drove 45 miles a day, in Silicon Valley gridlock, but did not honor our agreement to 'treat' the van as it is driven as a family car.

I requested and opened my own case with Chrysler. My case worker was extremely helpful, initially. I gave her all information and the comment that we realized that this was not the dealership's problem, that it wasn't an issue with the BRAND, per SE... But, rather, maybe an anomaly event with this van. I felt good about our initial dialog. That has changed.

Today, June 23, 2016, I got a call from my caseworker and her disposition to me, from the dealership service director, was that unless we pay for the previous cost of their inability to fix our problem, plus rental car cost, they would not service the van any longer at that dealership. WOW! ~$3,000! To allow the privilege of them to try for the 6th time to fix this problem? Also, that if we paid, they would charge us for all 'diagnostic' time troubleshooting the problem, again, WOW! We all know that to interpret that would mean, essentially, that this dealer would like to never see us again... Any questions? I have been online on this site and found an extraordinary conviction to this plight of issues for all.

Of course, I have exemplified the aspect of culpable liability, and from that, negligence. This is an event similar to the VW smog software. Whether it is pre-known, after the after the fact known, or do we put it on ignore and play defense. This is Corporate Global Economy 101. It is us, but they can not prove it as they are sheepable, feeding at our trough. I am meeting, engaging and hoping the ownership of Normandin, who is completely a tool to force corporate will down the throats of 'real' people, to be human. It is my hope that this can be resolved, for many people, and no one will suffer an unfortunate event.

Went out to garage after returning home from work and there were flames shooting out from under driver's side door and long passenger door. I then ran into the house to call 911 that my van was on fire in the garage. By the time the fire department arrived, my house was engulfed in flames. Complete and total loss to my entire home. Chrysler was happy to take my money for the cost of the minivan I purchased. Then they should return the favor and replace all of my possessions and home since their automobile was defective. "Eye for an eye" kind of thing. Going to have to get an attorney and fight the fight with this one. Ridiculous.

I bought the mini van in October 2015. The van has been parked in my garage and I noticed oil on the floor under the van. I called the dealer on January 4th to have service on the van and to make an appointment for the oil leak. I was told I could just bring the van in for the oil change and then tell them about the oil leak. I took the van into Gladstone Dodge, where I purchased the van, and the first thing I was asked was "did you buy the van new?" Then they took the van to check it out. About 1/2 hour later the service rep came in and said "yes you have an oil leak, we are not sure where but we will give you a rental at no charge."

I received a Dodge mini van, not even close to what my van had for features. This is Sunday and I haven't heard anything from the dealer. I have owned 2 Dodge ram with Hemi and never had a problem. I guess I should have bought one again. Hate the thought that the van only has 7k miles on it and already having issues. They need to replace the vehicle and make this right. I am quite certain that Gladstone Dodge won't do anything and I am even more certain the Dahmer Chrysler or Fiat/Chrysler won't do anything either. Buyers beware!

In 2008, my father bought a base model Town & Country for $15,000 directly from an (obviously struggling) Chrysler dealer. Over the period where he owned the car, he has encountered three recalls relevant to the ignition module. The first recall did nothing. The second recall did nothing. Upon the third recall, we were on a road trip, and were in Canada, when we suddenly lost all power to the car. We had to wait hours for road service to arrive, and when they did, they informed us that it would cost a couple thousand dollars to tow us across the border back into the United States. Thankfully, this guy seemed to know what he was doing, and did some stuff to the electronics that reset the car. After several tries, the car did start, and he informed us that turning it off would be a grave mistake if we were to try to drive home.

We obviously did try to get home, as we all had things to do, but before then, we contacted a Chrysler dealer and they informed us that they could not fix the part as there was an 18 week waiting list for it. So, we drove home, almost running out of gas, before finally being able to turn the car off. We contacted our local dealer, and they said they would inform us when the recall part came in. It has been over 5 months now, and they have not contacted us. Keep in mind that for the last two recalls, they have charged us for the part even though it was a mandated recall. So clearly, this dealer is being dishonest with us and we are stuck with a death trap vehicle coupled with shoddy interior materials and malfunctioning electronics. Also, this car is already starting to rust at the front fenders! That is unacceptable for a car this new! We hope that we will never have to buy a Chrysler product, or deal with one of their representatives again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

I went back to dealer after 200 miles on a 2015 Town Country mini van 3.6 engine. I said I am only getting 10.6-12 miles per gallon in city over all 17 highway and city. They said what was told to me and what is written on sticker is for perfect road condition (ya right down hill maybe). I am suppose to get 17 mpg city. They are full of lies, lies. Last one I will buy...

In July of 2012 I purchased a certified Chrysler Town and Country Touring. Shortly after I was having trouble starting. Sometimes it will start immediately and sometimes it takes 10 to 30 minutes. It has been in and out of the shop since. I haven't had the van for more than 3 months straight since purchased. It's had 2 starters put in, a crank shaft and sensor. None of which worked. I drive it in or have it towed and I get a call that it's fixed and the same thing happens all over again. Then I was told it needed a tipm that didn't exist. He said Chrysler hasn't manufactured the part needed.

I drove it around for a while until I got fed up with not knowing if I was gonna get stuck or not. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't. I had it towed in on 6/6/2015 and was called to pick it up on 9/25/2015. I picked it up and 3 hours later it was doing the same thing. They had the van for months and couldn't fix it. I am now dealing directly with Chrysler and they have been great assisting with a rental and communication with dealer. The service manager now wants me to bring it back to install a tipm but doesn't want to give me a rental. It's not my fault they sold me a car they can't fix. I bought a certified car for a reason.

Our 2009 Town & Country van was trouble free and working great like all the other Chrysler products we have had over the years. In June, I took the vehicle in for the ignition system recall. From reading on the internet this exact same scenario has happen to numerous 2008-2010 Town and Country owners immediately after the ignition recall repairs were preformed. Our vehicle immediately started exhibiting strange sensor feedback displays on the dash. As we tried to carefully drive home, the throttle warning light came on and the vehicle went from highway speed immediately to 20 miles per hour. Restarting the vehicle could only get us a short distance.

The vehicle has been at a certified Chrysler Dealership for repairs for over six weeks (Greenville, MI.)! I have requested Chrysler Customer Service to contact them but they have not. It is obvious from the number of identical incidents across the country with 2008-2010 Town and Country that the ignition recall repair procedure is the source of the malfunction with the Throttle Control. As to date, my written and verbal communications with Auburn Hills has gone without any response or acknowledgement of responsibility. I have never been treated this way by Chrysler before.

We purchase our town and country minivan last August 2014 brand new from a dealership. Loved the look and options - Should have known. Day one paint chunks on hood and fender. Had to have it repaired. Gouges in seats. Had it fixed. The first week was told to go ahead and use flex fuel E85 for trips. Tried it one time and had engine issues ever since dealerships said flex fuel ruins engines - go figure that it says on the car it is flex fuel approved. Engine runs so rough it shakes car Starter lags and turns over 6-8 times randomly and feels like it's not going to start. Power steering had to have bearing replaced after 3 months, brakes slip when we stop, and auto open for doors randomly do not work. Had it into shop 10 times. They fixed power steering but nothing else.

I have gone through 6 customer service escalation people since last December 2014. They say "Oh well computer says nothing is wrong" yet nothing is fixed and all issues are still there. Now they want me to restart another complaint number with another customer service representative. Chrysler is not part of the BBB (and won't deal with them). They won't deal with ConsumerAffairs, they don't do lemon law problems, they also said if my rotors need replacing after owning the car 4 months that I had to pay for all repairs on them. They don't even guarantee new vehicle brake parts if they are defective. So far CHRYSLER IS A NIGHTMARE, SERVICE IS TERRIBLE, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EVEN WORSE. My opinion, do not buy a Chrysler ever.

Town and Country blind spot modules - Both modules went at the same time at around 55,000 miles. This problem is not new as several complaints have been made here on how do you fix this. Chrysler wants to charge me 2000 plus tax and the home office said they would pay half but their numbers and mine do not match and on a site where I found the complaints the cost was 1777 averaged. Is all a mess and I feel Chrysler is responsible.

2005 Chrysler minivan - 26 states have had a recall on sensor or passenger airbag but SC excluded. Passenger window motor quit, $350 repair. 2 mechanics cannot solve "pooting" noise when accelerator pressed. Have replaced tires, brakes, new links and had it aligned and still pressing the accelerator causes constant "farts" every 20 to 60 seconds and NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA what that is.

I purchased a Chrysler Town and Country spring 2015. August 4, 2015 the Town and Country turned off in the middle of driving it on a high traffic road and I had to turn it off and restart. When I would hit the gas pedal it started rolling in reverse. I had to have it towed to the dealership. Two weeks prior a light came on the dash and was serviced and I was told it was a electronic issue probably due to my gas cap not being tight enough. Car was returned to me and within an hour of driving from dealership light came back on then the transmission failed in the middle of the road. Luckily I avoided two major car accidents. The dealer said it had transmission problems. It is currently at dealership and I am fighting Chrysler to get out of my lease agreement. I filed a complaint and I have a case number. Currently waiting to speak to a case manager. I will never drive this car again! Chrysler is putting people's lives at risk if they don't recall these vehicles!

TPMS, SRS, jerking when downshift. I've been annoyed with this beep sounds while driving and frustrates me to send to dealer to address this issue but they want me upfront pay first for $125.00 for it. It's ridiculous because I know I have warranty. Thanks.

Started having issues where the car started bucking. Then today I went to start car, all the lights up top, on door and dashboard started flashing. The dashboard said to put car in park (which it was). It then told me the trunk was open, which it was not. Car would not start. It is a 2008 Chrysler town and country. Anyone have a good guess?

I purchased a brand new 2015 Chrysler 200 in December from the Chrysler dealership. The car I was going to get did not have tinted windows and I was told they didn't sell cars that did not have window tinting. While signing the documents, I was told that the windows would be tinted after I signed and brought my car back in. Weeks went by of me attempting to get this done, and I was finally told the general manager felt I had received a great deal on my car and that the window tinting would not be done for me.

After a month of having the car, the car began to turn off in the middle of driving, a message would be appear on the dashboard of ** car to P and it would literally stop the vehicle. This happened several times in the middle of the road and also on the freeway with my three-year old daughter. Luckily, nothing happened to my daughter and I. I took the car into Chrysler for this problem and was told the car just needed an update. I was given my car back and the same thing happened two weeks later again on the freeway. Luckily I was able to pull onto the side shoulder to avoid an accident.

At this point, the car would not even turn on for hours. I took my car back to Chrysler and was told the only reason the check engine light had come on was because I did not tighten my gas cap all the way which caused the light to pop up. They then sent me on way with my car. I am a single mother and am fortunate to live close to my job and daughters school so I do not need to drive very far, so for a few weeks the car was fine. I then drove 40 miles away and the same thing started happening.

I took my car back two more times before they decided to actually give me a rental car and actually look at the car. At this point I contacted Chrysler corporate and waited a week until I received a call from ** in the resolution team who would only give me very scripted answers and tell me she was reviewing my case. I explained to her that I did not feel comfortable in this car with the fact that it would shut off in the middle of the freeway, street, bridge does not matter and that I would expect nothing less than a replacement car. She then said she may be able to compensate me a car payment for my troubles. There is no amount of money in the world that could compensate me for a car that shut off on a freeway with my child in the car.

The service department then found an oil problem and needed to replace the long block engine. It has been five weeks and I was told today they feel they fixed the car and that they will not be replacing the car. For four weeks, ** with the resolution team with Chrysler's corporate said the same scripted words: "We are currently reviewing your case for all possible outcomes and at this time we have nothing to offer you." Their policy is they need to contact me every 48 hours that the case is going on, so every 2 days I was called with the same exact automated response. After trying to explain to her my situation, she said they may be able to compensate me, which I had explained several times that I was not looking to be paid.

Grand Cherokee Ignition Switch. In Nov. 2014 we received the recall notice & called the dealer to schedule repairs. It is now June 2015 and I am told by the dealer Chrysler has not indicated when the parts will be available. Chrysler doesn't seem to be concerned about the problem.

I like the van in general, the stow and go seats are great. The only thing I do not like is the key fob. It is large and bulky in my pocket. It gets stuck in the ignition. (I can put the van into park and turn of the card, but the fob will not go into the off position to be removed.) It costs $100s for a copy. I get that it can be a security feature, but how secure is it if I have to leave the fob in the van because I do not have time to start/shift/park/turn off many times to get the fob out?

I was given a 2005 Chrysler town and country by my grandparents. Since they gave me the van, here are the problems I've had. The engine almost blew up...

The van was heating up so badly that the engine was close to exploding. I took it to a shop and they checked my radiator and it was completely rusted and not holding coolant. Two weeks after getting the radiator replaced, the van continued to leak coolant and overheat. I had to then replace the water pump. This cost about $700.

Both sliding doors won't open anymore. Yes, you heard right... A van which is supposed to have working sliding doors, both doors don't work anymore. One door won't even unlock by hand, the other is a pain, too. Don't have the funds to pay for that. The brakes wear out quickly. My brakes got so bad that they were close to going out on me. I took my van in the shop and they told me that the drums were really bad, that it was unsafe to be driving my van.

The windshield cracked all the way to the top. After about two years ago, before my grandpa passed away he got the windshield fixed. I went outside one day to find my windshield cracked all the way to the top. This will be a $212 repair. The check engine light comes on all the time. Every two weeks my check engine light comes on. I check all my fluids, my gas cap. Anything you can think of, yet it still happens. Sometimes my airbag light comes on too!

The headlights go out and then come back on. Every few days when driving at night I'll turn my lights on, and in a few seconds, they go out. And then come back on. Don't know why. But they just do. The hatchback (trunk) won't stay open all the way. I constantly need to tighten the poles on my hatchback to keep it open and from closing on people. The gas cap. I've needed to replace the gas cap four times now! Don't know why.

Gas mileage. This van gets horrible gas mileage. I park my van and it seems I lose gas from not driving it! That's about it... I don't recommend this van. Get a Kia Sedona which what my mom drives and it is an amazing van with a lot of power! My parents have had Chryslers in the past that have had similar issues to mine. Don't buy dodge or Chryslers!!

Had the same problem with our 2000 T and C. My husband said make sure the drain hose that is right over the serpentine belt is not cracked or broke and leaking water on your belt. We fixed this hose after we had the problem of the serpentine belt slipping off every time it rained or was a little wet. It worked! Good luck!

My 2004 Town and Country van paint is peeling on right side of vehicle!!! I'm on disability and cannot afford a new paint job. My van is all I own... Please respond why this is happening.. And if someone can help me... :(

1997 chrysler town and country - This van belonged to my parents before me. My dad always had problems with this van. Had to replace the motor in it. The serpentine belt would come off every time it got a little wet (with any rain at all).. The belt and the pulley had to be replaced. These things may be normal wear and tear, so ok, but this damn van stalls ALL THE TIME for no reason AT ALL!!

I have read review after review about this SAME PROBLEM with these vans ranging from older than 1997 to newer ones in the 2000's. No one seems to be able to "diagnose" this problem. I've replaced ALL sensors.. and the damn "check engine light" just keeps on coming back on. This van stalls after it is started, stalls while driving slowly, stalls at slow downs, stalls at stops, stalls when the ** ever it wants to.. and the best answer my parents and myself have gotten is it is something in the "brain" or computer of the van. WHY IS THERE NO RECALL OR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT over this??? Someone is going to be killed or seriously injured because of this. I've read enough to know Chrysler MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS and yet they DO NOTHING!!! I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER CHRYSLER OR DODGE!! WORST VEHICLE EVER!!! PIECE OF **!

I have had my 2014 Town and Country for about 3 mos. Used it 37000 mi. I have noticed the stiff brake problem also. Always on an incline pulling out of the driveway, etc. My brake goes all the way to the floor and there is no give. However accelerating is not a problem and this releases the gas pedal. I am worried about it going backwards one day as the previous poster posted. Other than that I love the van and no problems so far except for the brake pedal? I have only had the van for a few months so hopefully nothing else goes wrong.

I got into the car which had been parked on a hill. The front of the vehicle faced upward. I turned on the engine and put my foot on the brake. (At that moment I didn't notice that the brake was stiff.) I switched gears into drive and it slowly slid backward down the hill. My foot was on the brake the entire time. I pressed harder without any reaction from the brakes other that a grinding noise. The car did not slow down but gained momentum as it rolled down the hill and crashed into a parked car. Due to the fact that it was a slow motion accident, I had time in which I double checked that there was nothing under the brake and that I was indeed pressing the brake and not the gas.

My husband was able to duplicate the problem: whenever the car is cold and on a steep hill with the front of the car facing upward, the brakes stiffen up as if the engine is off and you pump the brake and it is hard. I have notified Chrysler who is opening an investigation. I so far haven't heard back from them.

Fiat (Chrysler) 500E - I have had the vehicle for almost a year now and it has been quite literally a love-hate relationship. I actually love the car itself - it's fun, quick, quirky, and really makes a lot of sense for someone who commutes a lot and hates traffic. There is the love part. Now here comes the hate. This car started failing at an alarming rate. It started as charge error. This error was annoying but didn't affect me too much at first. It would simply error that would allow you to unplug the charging unit and then re-plug it in, sometimes dozens of times, but it would charge. Then the problem got worse. I would leave to go to work in the morning and find out that when I plugged in my car the night before, it charged for ten minutes then shut off. This may not sound terrible but what this means is I could get to work but couldn't get back due to the limited range and it not being a hybrid.

This problem got more and more frequent. It got to the point it happened about 2-3 times a week. So I brought the car in to the dealer where they told me nothing is wrong with it. I had to start recording the times my car failed to prove that it was doing it at all. The second time same thing - nothing wrong with it. I started having it towed when it would fail to charge. The third time it was towed in, I demanded it was taken to a differently dealership that would actually try and diagnose the car and not remove the paint off my bumpers. The next dealer had it for a month making it around 45 days out of my possession in the shop.

All the time I am having to drive a truck to work spend $100's a week on gas and have my commute time double and triple because I could no longer use the carpool lane. With all this said and brought to their attention, there was no expediency taken on offering any resolutions to the problem or anything substantial. The same mantra was used all the time, "let's keep diagnosing it". Getting absolutely nowhere I asked that it be escalated to the "resolution team". That was over a month ago. After them dodging my phone calls and getting back to me a week and a half after you called, it got old. At this point I have a car that's problems are getting worse and a company that doesn't want to fix or stand behind their products.

The latest thing it has done was fail and completely shut off in the middle of a busy intersection where I was nearly killed on Easter Sunday. I have resorted to calling anywhere from 1 to 12 times a day to all three of the reps that have called and left odd unhelpful messages and still no resolve. I have owned or used for many vehicles from Nissan, Infinity, Acura, Ford, Chevy, GMC, Mercedes, Mini, Toyota, Lexus, Porsche, and BMW and have never had a vehicle give me more problems or leave me stranded more than this Fiat. All-in-all with the most unreliable products I've ever purchased and worst customer service I have ever dealt with, I would be more apt to walk or ride a horse than buy a Chrysler brand vehicle. If you want something that makes sense and works, buy a Prius or a Volt!

We bought our 2010 minivan used last year in June for our family of 6. We were excited to have a newer car. But a few months ago, we noticed the key wouldn't start the car. We try several times and nothing. We thought it was the battery so went to dealership and they replaced it... It worked fine for about a month, and now April 2, 2015, it won't start. Have to try for about 5 min for it to get started. We also noticed today that our sliding doors are opening on its own.

Went to eat dinner with my family, came out and the sliding door was open. Did that twice. We were afraid to leave it parked overnight since we wouldn't know if it would open up again, and that's not the only problem, our radio was going crazy and changing the radio stations on its own. We called the dealership and said there was no recall for our car but it would be $800 to fix the key portion of the problem and with a family of 6 we don't have that kind of money to replace. We love our car but we the clients shouldn't be accountable for paying on a car that has so many problems.

Ok just so anyone that reads this understands, if you have a problem with your Town and Country, go to the NHTSA and complain...They are the ones that will make Chrysler pay for the ridiculous problem us normal Americans are having with our junk Chrysler products. I bought my wife a 2010 used Town and Country in Oct 2014. Had 28k for mileage. It is like a new car, one owner, never beat, good shape.

Now that we are close to 36k I figure out there was a recall for the ignition. Well my wife tells me she is having trouble getting the key out so I slough it off. But when I get in the car I see you can't get the key out or even do anything start it or nothing. So off to the dealership and 2 hours of holding with Chrysler customer care and I was told the win mod was bad...852$ to replace it, get it done. And now it won't shift from park key...is still locked in ignition and you have to drive if you can with the key in the acc position. So now I have the dealer that raped me to did this, telling me it is my prob and I have to live with it.

As a side note, when I picked up the service writer tells me, "Oh yeah, the tech that worked on your van said your shifter springs are weak." To my reply, "There was nothing wrong with it shifting before I brought it in here. Why is there now?" to just a dumb stare on his face. So be warned. Complain to the NHTSA and don't buy a Chrysler product. Chrysler just wants you to buy it. After that, it's your problem.

I have a 2004 PT Cruiser. It has recently begun shutting off while driving. It happened on the freeway and on a main highway, as well as in the car wash while in neutral. Very dangerous. I have 7 kids, 3 still at home. I work and am a student myself. My Mom has dementia and I have to help care for her when possible. I have to have reliable transportation.

I took my car to the dealership to replace the cam sensor and the crank shaft sensor. 500.++ for this repair after about 1,000 in the last year. It still shut off while driving after this repair. Now they want 1,100.00 to replace the timing belt and water pump. They claim the sensors are not coming up bad when scoped. I had another shop, scan it and it was coming up same sensor problem. I can't put anymore money into this car. Its... Does anyone know of a recall on this model year for this problem? Also, repair costs for this car far outweigh its worth. I love my cute little car but she's a money pit and the turning radius don't even get me started on that.

2010 T&C Mini Van... Cars shuts off while driving 20-30mph. Never has happened on hwy. Slip light on dash comes on. Exactly what happens when the recall for L25 was explained. I am the second owner so when this started happening I read about L25 recall, brought it to the dealership and was excited to have it fixed just to find out it was already fixed. Now I am puzzled and more upset. Seems like there is a need for another recall after reading all the complaints.

The man at the dealership said it could be the win module, a $800 PART.... Oh then first to figure out if that what it was, he wanted to charge me $110 to me diagnose it. Wtf again... for a vehicle that barely 5 yrs old seems like they should be paying for this. Fyi, to all those this is happening to, first complain, complain and complain! Second a li’l advice, when this happens, just put car in Neutral and restart key, and car will restart. Save yourself from trying to pull over @ a possible accident that Chrysler won't admit fault.

I've fought with Chrysler & ultimately got an EXTREMELY small compensation but everyone should be warned not to buy a Chrysler Town & Country. My 2010 has had multiple issues & was reliable only for about 18 months. Sad quality!

I loved my van. It was totaled in an accident recently and now I am looking to replace it. My dilemma is that I am wary of any 2008 Chrysler van or SUV due to the powertrain. The lifetime warranty was great because My engine went bad at about 50,000 mi. The reason being that Chrysler specified a low grade oil. My van seemed to be burning up oil every 3,000 miles. I was taking it in at 5,000 miles. With its new powertrain Chrysler has specified a thicker grade oil. So my question is since the powertrain warranty on 2008's is not transferable how can one be sure that a used 08 van or SUV might not have the same problem after driving it off the lot?

Chrysler Minivans Company Profile