Chrysler 300
Based on 139 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Chrysler 300

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 26, 2017

150 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I purchased this car new with the lifetime warranty. The styling is great but that is about it. I don't think I have ever gone 6 months without some fairly major issue. The car has been dealer serviced since day one. I have averaged 20K miles per set of tires (all dealer recommended with 60K-100K tread warranties) now replacing the 6th set with 130K on the car. Have had chronic vibration issues throughout the life of the car replacing the driveline u joints, the transmission twice, the front transfer case (all fortunately under the warranty) but due to the vibration issues caused by warranty issues I have also had to replace the radiator twice because of stress cracks on the seam between the metal and plastic, tie rod ends, obviously the tires issues, sensors etc, none of which are covered. I have loose interior trim that they will not fix. And I still have vibration issues.

I am currently dealing with another shifting issue and vibrations again. This issue began shortly after the tires were replaced last October (yes not even a year ago) and they are marked as worn out again. The dealership is now telling me to replace the rims, and has no answer for the shifting issue. Chrysler, do the right thing this car is beautiful, but mechanically... Worst I have ever owned.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

When the Chrysler 300 first came out it quickly became one of my dream cars. When I turned 21 a few years ago I finally signed the papers and became the owner of my very own Chrysler 300 with a 5.7 HEMI. I felt like the coolest kid in town. Only months later did I quickly become the laughing stock of friends and family for how quick I was to pull the trigger on getting this car. After buying the car in April, six months later, after coming off of the highway I hear a loud rattling noise coming from the engine. I took it to a family friend who's a trusted mechanic and he undergoes the strenuous task of replacing the motor. Even though it was under warranty they fought tooth and nail trying to claim it was my fault for the engine failure. After a month and a half they finally decided to replace the motor with a used engine.

Literally, three months later I'm getting off of the highway heading to work at 5 in the morning, and the car stalls at a light. Eventually, it finally starts to kick into gear only to never shift. Imagine my embarrassment sluggishly pacing down a main road as the transmission screams and never shifts. I get to work, call my mechanic, and have it towed. Once again he is tasked with dealing with trying to settle things out with my warranty. After another month they decide to replace the transmission after sending 2 inspectors out to confirm what everyone else already knew. They replaced my trans with a used transmission.

Later on that year as I'm slowing down to go through the E-Z Pass on the highway the car stutters. For that brief moment I prayed to the Chrysler Gods that my luck may not be this bad. However, they promptly smite me. I accelerate through the toll and the car won't go into overdrive. I turn on the hazards and coast in the emergency lane until my exit. Taking it straight to my mechanic. Another month goes by and they replace the trans with yet another used transmission. Now at this point you're wondering, "This can't get any worse." I assure you...it can. PS: If you're also wondering how many miles I had on the car it was around 80,000 when I got it and I put about 30,000 on it since.

A few months following the last trans issue I'm driving to work once again at around 4:30 in the morning. It's winter. Freezing rain is coming down from the sky. I'm toasty inside my dream car and everything seems alright in the world. It was then that suddenly, while going 65-70 MPH on the freeway my sunroof decided to hit the ejector button and fly off of the top of my car. Luckily it was early in the morning and there was no traffic or else I'm sure somebody would have taken a sunroof straight across their windshield. I drive to work as freezing rain falls into my car. When I got there I grabbed some duct tape and a garbage bag and sealed it as best I could. Apparently, after some research, the sunroof had been recalled for leaking and coming loose. Things could only go uphill, correct? No.

One year later since my last major repair and I decided after work one day that I was hungry and decided to treat myself. I'm driving down a busy street in the middle of the day and come to a red light. Cheeseburgers and french fries are on my mind. A smile comes over my face. The light turns green and I see only happiness in my future. Just then, my car bucks like I just hit a mammoth sized pothole. I check my rearview mirror to see if any cars are weaving out of the way to try and confirm that I just hit the grand canyon in the middle of the road. Nope. Road looks good. I fear for the worst, but what the hell. I'm not gonna let this spoil my day just yet. I pull into the drive-through, place my order, and sit there. No, I wasn't awe-struck and stricken with images of fast food, I was literally stuck. My car did not move. I turn it off, turn it on, and the car inches forward and the transmission starts howling.

I pull into a parking space and inspect underneath the car. A white foamy fluid is coating the area underneath the trans. My day had been ruined. I came for cheeseburgers and left with no cheeseburgers and another broken trans. Leaving with no cheeseburgers was bad enough, but a broken trans to boot was just adding insult to injury. I had the car towed to my mechanic. He once again tries to settle the warranty, but is told they will not honor it this time due to the warranty expiring one week prior (just my luck, right?). He gets nasty back with them and reminds them that there is some type of grace period for warranties. They then recall their immediate decision to not replace the trans.

A quick recap of the major damage so far. We're on our 4th transmission and 1 rebuilt motor. Not to mention minor repairs all throughout. Many people came to me and told me to ditch the car. Get rid of it. I told them I shouldn't now. At some point the car is gonna feel like brand new right? No. The 4th transmission is now in. I have my girlfriend get my car for me since I was at work. She calls me 30 minutes later to tell me she's on the side of the road and that the car wouldn't change gears as she was driving to the grocery store. I told her to turn around and drive it back down the road to my mechanic. He calls the Chrysler Gods and they must have giggled at the cruel trick they played sending an already ruined transmission. They send no inspectors this time and just send out another used transmission. The 5th transmission goes in and we continue this story.

A few months later as I was driving to my parents I begin to smell something burning. "What could that be?" I ask myself. I guess I should pull over and find out. I do so and get out of the car. Imagine my surprise as I realize my driver's side tire is collapsed inwards and quickly realizing that the ball joint/tie rod must have broken. The car may as well live on the back of a tow truck with how much time it's spent on there. This was the first major repair that I actually paid for myself. I didn't want to deal with the Chrysler Gods so I just bit the bullet. 800 bucks to replace both tie rod/ball joint assemblies. Fine. I can live with this.

Now we progress to last week. I pull into a convenience store. Everything seems okay. My car has been behaving normal for a while, but instincts tell me it's only a matter of time. I get back in my car and start the engine. It's a rough start and I chuckle to myself. I shut the car off, and restart it. This time the car shakes, the oil pressure light comes on, and it slowly stalls and completely dies. I check the oil (knowing I had just changed it 2 months prior). It's all good. Looks clean and it's in the marked "safe" zone on the dipstick. I decide to leave the car there knowing that trying to force it to drive could only make things worse. I walked two miles back home after calling to have the car towed.

Today...the day I was finally freed of this hell-spawn. My mechanic calls and tells me that the piston has a hole in it and basically the motor needs to be replaced. He tried to contact about the warranty, but it was actually expired this time. For me to have this fixed it will have to come out of my own pocket. Around 3 to 4 thousand dollars for a used HEMI.

Do I make that purchase with only 7 months left to pay on the car? No. Never. Not in a million years. Only to get another motor that will eventually fail or drive the car until I need another transmission. I say NO. I will use that money to get a different vehicle. One that will not cost me emotional distress every time I get behind the wheel. My life lessons for every young person with a decent job, and the idea of getting their dream car. Do your research, listen to opinions other than your own, realize that some dreams are too good to be true, and most importantly...never buy a Chrysler.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased my Chrysler 300C on November 25th, 2016. We are very pleased with the sales and service provided the original sticker was $46,060. Our financial situation has changed and we need to sell the car. I went to find out how much it was now worth and it is under $26,000. This is a $20K depreciation in less than 8 months. I know new cars depreciate once they are driven off of the lot. I believe that the average depreciate of a one year old car is 15%. If the Chrysler followed average it would be about $7000. The depreciation of the Chrysler 300C Platinum AWD is close to 50%. I can't afford to keep the car and I can't sell it. There seems to be some issue with this car.

Original review: July 27, 2017

My 2014 Chrysler 300 had a recall due to the transmission not staying in park. I had no issues with this problem but had the recall fix done, which I understand is a software computer fix. Since the fix I have had problems and issues with the transmission. I have had car towed to dealer twice now. The second time my car locked into park in the middle of a busy intersection and I barely got it out of traffic when it would not move any further. Message said, " do not turn off car, put in park, or neutral, transmission service needed." Engine light was, traction indicator was on.

Car was stuck in park. Called dealer, they said turn off car and have it towed. Car would not turn off, went to Acc mode. Tow driver had to activate manual transmission to load car. Now I have to miss work, deal with rental car. I drive 37 miles to work one way and now worried I will get stranded in out in the 100 degree heat again, on a back road where I have to drive. Cannot afford new car, I want this car fixed to be SAFE.

Original review: July 19, 2017

While pumping gas in car, the gas came back out on the ground. So afraid drove home with windows down and head out of window because of fumes. Contacted Chrysler. Had car towed to Chrysler dealer. After inspection found that the fuel neck hose needed to be replaced and would take 5 days to get part. Received case number from Chrysler but they have decided that will not pay for repairs for what is surely a manufacturing problem. This part never goes out on any car ever. There could have been a major fire. So please pay attention when pumping gas. Mechanics do not know what this part is. Very disappointed with Chrysler. They have been very good until now with all of the previous issues with the care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have a 2015 Chrysler 300 I had not drove 40,000 miles yet and having major issues with the unexpected leaks. I just had a recent transmission and coolant leak. I keep up on my maintenance and hardly drive my car a lot other than just to work and back home. One Sunday I was just heading home from the store. My car suddenly was jerking crazy and the engine light came on the car. The weird thing was the car was driving fine yesterday. When I got the vehicle diagnosed I had two funky codes F81D4 and F1D95 which was the clutch failure. I was like I did not have a clutch in the car. I did a second diagnostic and the leak suddenly appeared. My advice is don't buy a piece of ** Chrysler, the new ones are garbage.

Original review: April 28, 2017

My 2012 Chrysler 300S V6 RWD has major electrical problems. The alternator and battery had to be replaced and now the computer is going berserk at 91000 miles. Chrysler refuses to give me any help and these problems are persistent with this make and model. Please do not purchase Chrysler products.

Original review: April 28, 2017

People always seem to put on bad news before good news. I bought at 2013 300C. It is a real head-turner. All my friends comment on how beautiful it is and how nice it rides. It is approaching 90000 km. With the exception of regular oil changes the car has never had to go to the shop. I bought the extended warranty as I know cars are expensive to repair these days. My concern is I may not get my money's worth from the warranty. Great car! I would not hesitate to buy another.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

2006 Chrysler 300C Major engine failure at 89786 miles....This engine failed due to serious engine issues. {Here is what the Chrysler dealership found} Per the certified Chrysler Technician, "Upon removing the engine assy (and found engine block broken and a huge hole in the pan) catastrophic engine failure". I filed a claim with Chrysler and at the same time was told because the car was out of warranty that Chrysler couldn't help us at all. Our bill from Chrysler Fremont Ca is $9994.69. The new engine will have a 3 year warranty which is totally ridiculous!!! We deserve some type of compensation for this issue.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300 Touring with about 90,000 miles on it. I bought it with 80,000 miles about a year ago. Clean title and CarFax. No accidents. Over the past 10,000 miles this vehicle has just become a service and repair nightmare. 1st: The front suspension is rough and clunks over moderate bumps to the point it sounds like the entire front end is going to fall off. I have replaced tension struts, sway bar bushings, end links, inner tie rods, outer tie rods, intermittent steering shaft, and rack/pinion. The clunking is still there and the dealership cannot tell me why or reproduce it... in which I don't know how because it is beyond obvious. I am going to replace the upper and lower control arms next. If that doesn't fix it, I am out of options (since I will be an entire new front end).

2nd: The blower motor to the AC unit is loud and about to go out. 3rd: Engine has a 'whining" sound that I cannot describe. It appears to be running ok but something doesn't feel right about the sound. 4th: There is now a leak in the rear differential axle seal. 5th: The radio sound will just cut off for no reason at times and I have to punch the radio to get it back working. 6th: Overall just a rough ride and not smooth and quiet. I understand that all cars have items that break and need replaced but this is crazy. So far, after everything is said and done, I will be about 5K in repairs over a year with this car!!! Everyone warned me NOT to buy anything Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, but I did not listen because my 2007 Dodge Ram has been nothing but outstanding. I will never buy a Chrysler product again. They are nice looking vehicles but they use "junk" parts and have poor builds to them. People, DO NOT BUY A CHRYSLER!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I have read the listed NIGHTMARES on the Chrysler 300 and here is what happen to me. I bought a "NEW" Chrysler 300 Touring and with it was a WARRANTY called, "Chrysler Lifetime Warranty"! Not widely known, but still offered on some models today. At the time I never thought I would keep the car more than 4 years, but got the coverage anyway... "BEST THING I EVER DID"!! It covers everything mechanical on the car, "FOR MY LIFETIME--BUMPER to BUMPER". It cost about $3,200.00, but worth every penny. Up to 100,000 miles I even get a Free Rental Car.

It does cost $100.00 Deductible, but when they replaced the Nav/CD/Sirius Radio twice, the complete Strut system, Alternator, Gaskets, A/c System, evap, and blower, compressor etc, the onboard computer and more, I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Dr. says I'm gonna live a long time! I'm hoping for a new transmission or engine soon. There is 180,000 miles on it and they tried to buy it back twice so far... No way... I'm keeping this car forever, out of respect for all of you! Get the warranty for your Children... at 18 yrs old they will have the freedom of the lowest repairs on the planet!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

2014 Chrysler 300C - 3 days ago I was driving and my LCD Uconnect froze. Hands free stopped working, no sound from speakers. When car was shut off and doors closed, dash stayed on. This is a known issue with these cars and very pricey to fix. Here's the funny thing. Not one warning light came on and the car was driving perfectly well. I took the car to the Chrysler dealer on Saturday but service dept not open till Monday. Of course the battery drained.

I get a call today saying my alternator and battery need to be replaced. Funny how I've never had a problem with this before and not 1 warning indicator came on in regards to charging system, battery, etc. Basically they boosted the car incorrectly and fried the alternator and battery. $1400 to fix this. This doesn't even begin to fix the problem I took it in there for. The guy at the service department said "This can cause the stereo to not work and the Uconnect..." Um a car with no battery and no alternator? The real funny thing is when I took it to the dealer the sales guy on staff started my car 5 times including with remote start and letting it run for 15 mins to test auto start shut down. Amazing how a car with a bad alternator and battery still failed to show a warning light. Incorrect boost plain and simple. First and last Chrysler. Best car they have and still a piece of crap.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

My 2006 Chrysler 300 was purchased brand new by my brother and I purchased it from him in 2012. The car has the 2.7L V6. The only "major" repair that my brother ever had done was replacing the rear differential (done at dealership) within the first couple of years. The car had routine service done at the dealership, including switching over to full synthetic oil just after 70,000 miles. After I purchased it, I continued with the regular oil changes with the full synthetic. I replaced the oil sending unit and the trunk hinges (trunk would suddenly slam down) in 2012. In late 2015 the check engine light came on and the car started running rough. Took it to the mechanic and one of the engine coils had gone bad. Replaced it, then another went out about a month later. At this point I had the mechanic go ahead and replace the remaining 5 coils and plugs. Car ran like a dream again.

Fast forward to August 2016. Took the car to get the oil changed and 4 new tires on a Friday. Drove around that day, and back and forth to work the next 2 days. Went to start the car on the following Tuesday and it made a horrific sound that I've never heard a car make before, some kind of grinding, thumping noise. Immediately turned it off and called my mechanic. He came out the next morning to look at it, checked the oil, water, etc... and listened to it when I started it up. It did not make the noise again, but did have a much less distressing noise, which he said might be the water pump bearings. The car never overheated, no lights, NOTHING, before making the noise. He was going to be on vacation, so he recommended a local auto repair shop to take it to. I had it towed (didn't want to risk driving it) and they called me the next day and said that the oil was full of antifreeze and I needed a new engine.

The car has 188,000 miles on it (mostly highway) and had absolutely NO warning signs before just quitting. (Actually, the car will still run, my husband drove it off the tow truck and over to the side of the house.) After doing some research, I now realize that spontaneous engine failure is very common (actually to the point of being almost a given) in these cars, particularly the 2.7L engine. Chrysler knows this. They refuse to do anything about it. I have now lost my dream car, even though I've done everything right and had anything mechanical fixed immediately by either the dealer or a certified mechanic and have run full synthetic oil for over 100,000 miles.

On the other hand, a lot of people have had the same thing happen to their 300's when the cars haven't even had half the mileage mine has, so I guess I got "lucky"? Overall, I cannot say that I would ever recommend anyone buy one of these cars because there is a KNOWN problem with the engines that Chrysler refuses to acknowledge and continues to put these terrible engines in their vehicles.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I am Ayodele ** and a Chrysler 300 Touring user. I bought a used Chrysler that has given issues but now am enjoying it. Most Chrysler's problem are all from the engine so here is the good news... When you purchase a Chrysler please try to change the engine to a Benz engine and that's what I did with my and am enjoying it now.

Original review: July 30, 2016

I own a 2013 Chrysler 300 that was purchased as a Chrysler certified pre-owned vehicle. I have had numerous issues with the car, the most recent being the dashboard separating at the seam near the windshield. Parts cost is $2,500, VEHICLE IS 3.5 YEARS old with 50,000 miles. Chrysler offers no help but the dealer is offering some assistance. A major disappointment and a shortsighted decision on the part of Chrysler. Great car but lousy quality and a manufacturer who will not acknowledge the problem or offer anything in the way of customer service. Needless to say my last Chrysler product. Chrysler you won the battle but lost the war.

Original review: July 27, 2016

I own a 2006 Chrysler 300c w/ hemi. I have really liked this car and enjoyed driving it. However, about a month ago I was on my way from GA to KY to pick up my grandson. Everything was fine, then all of a sudden the need gas sign popped on then I felt the power go low and I pulled off the expressway just in time and the car died. I let it rest for a while and tried to restart it and it would not crank. After trying to call someone to help us, the TN police stopped and ask us if we needed help. The only person who could come help was 2 hours away. I tried to crank the car once more and nothing. Thank the Lord the policeman took us to a restaurant to stay cool, as it was almost 100 degrees outside. The man arrived in 2 hours and tried to check it out, but it was not even turning over. He hauled it to a mechanic that informs me the engine just blew up and it would be between 6,000.00 and 7,000.00 to replace the engine.

It only has approx. 87,000 miles and is just about to be due for a 90,000 mile tune-up. It is back in GA in the repair shop. My mechanic said the same thing needs a new engine and the same approx. amount of money. He does not know why it did this. I have read numerous complaints on here and other sites that many people have had the motor blow suddenly with no warning. If you have had this happen to your car, please file a complaint and I plan on suing if I have to get my car repaired. My husband and I are on a low fixed income, so we can't afford to fix this. We are out of transportation until this is resolved.

Original review: June 8, 2016

My 2011 Chrysler 300c had the alternator burn up during operation making the vehicle inoperable. Smoke was pouring out from under the hood and my battery was compromised as well. The v6 equipped models have a recall for this very same issue. Chrysler corporate was borderline rude and contentious and unapologetic in regards to the matter and I find that disturbing given the material safety defect.

Original review: June 6, 2016

I bought my Chrysler 300 certified used 37,000 mi, about a year ago. A vibration that keeps getting worse by the month had my car at 4 different dealers. Now no one can fix. New set of tires, rack and pinion, tie rods, CV joint all been replaced still vibrates. Please please please do not buy Chrysler.

Original review: May 23, 2016

I am writing to you as a highly concerned citizen about a life threatening issue. I recently lost my dear mother after she suffered a head injury (subdural hematoma) when she was abruptly hit on the head by the car trunk of her 2005 Chrysler 300 sedan (VIN#**). The struts that hold up the trunk lid of the car failed and the trunk lid slammed into her unexpectedly. This is not a case of overuse. With the trunk, the usage was limited to grocery shopping. This vehicle has never been wrecked, never been in an accident, nor ever been damaged in any way. This vehicle was very well maintained and regularly serviced at a Chrysler dealership.

This vehicle has had only one owner. While some might say that the parts of a vehicle are not designed to last forever, it simply should be unacceptable for a vehicle to have such a heavy trunk with a structural design that allows the trunk to come crashing down, without warning, on the unsuspecting owner, with enough force to cause them bodily harm or death. I am 100% convinced that if my mother had never purchased and owned this vehicle she would still be alive and well today. I am so very fearful that others will die as a result of this trunk design malfunction. I see so many of these cars, of the same make and model, out on the road during my daily commute. This is a hidden danger that puts many people's lives at risk.

Original review: March 3, 2016

While driving my 2013 300s the lights on my dash began to flash. A few minutes later my radio cut off and would not cut back on. About a minute later I got a message on the dash that said "battery saver mode". I had no idea what was going on and all of a sudden my the car just shut down. I had no control over the car, no brakes, no steering... nothing. Luckily I was not in a position where I needed to avoid hitting other cars because I could not steer. I then started to smell burning rubber. After the car came to a complete stop the lights started flashing again and then the wipers came on. (They were not turned on.) The wipers slowed and then the car went totally dead (again). I Googled "battery saver mode" and saw that it was my alternator.

I then saw that Chrysler had a recall out for their alternators so I called their recall center. I was told that, "Yes, there was a recall." And I had the right kind of car and the right engine but my alternator was 180 amps. (They only recalled the 160 amps.) I read most of the complaints and their experience was almost identical to mine. And I also read that there were people with the 180 amps had the same experience and was also told the same thing as I was told by Chrysler ("At this time we only have a recall out for 160 amp alternators. Save your receipt and if and when we do a recall on the 180 amps we will reimburse you.").

REALLY!? My total cost was $1260 (alternator, battery and a belt). Come on Chrysler you know that these alternators are bad (both 160 and 180)! I guess until someone reports a death they won't recall the 180 amp. I would tell any buyer of the 300 to beware. I personally will never purchase a Chrysler again. (I have owned 2.) No matter how cool they look.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

2015 Chrysler 300 - Within 30 minutes of driving car from place of lease, the AWD warning light came on. Was told by dealer that it would be Two weeks before they could look at it. I have continued to drive car and now have 4000 miles on it. AWD warning stays on most of the time. Now, during the last week driving at 70mph, the car loses power and warning light comes on saying the throttle is the problem. If I let off on the Accelerator for a few seconds, car then gains full speed. Anyone else have this problem?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

2005 Chrysler 300 - After I will fill up the vehicle with fuel it will die when I go to turn out at an intersection or at a corner. It doesn't matter, the car will just lose all power. I'll have to put it into park and restart it which is very dangerous. Trying to teach my 15 year old daughter with her permit, now fearful every time behind the wheel.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

2008 Chrysler 300 C, Hemi. Car parked in park in our home garage, went to start and anti theft system device prevented start. Car had to be towed to dealership. Keys used was newly replaced by ignition recall order. Total damage unknown at this time, towing cost $120.00.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

I loved this car! Researched it endlessly until I found a used 300 in August 2013. I had 3 requirements: American made, V6 and AWD. At 8 months old with 15,000 miles, I found my dream car. I live in a remote, rural area and commute to work 42 mi one way, frequently take trips over mountain passes and have grandchildren with me all the time. I had this car serviced every 6 months and a alternator recall satisfied in June 2015.

No other problems until December 7th, 2015. I started my car to warm it up for my morning commute to work (at 05:00), returned outside 5 minutes later and my car was on FIRE. Engine compartment and into drivers area burned to a complete loss. Distressed beyond belief, this has caused a hardship in commuting, but I'm thankful no one was hurt. The "IF's" are endless. I love this car so much that I really contemplated getting another one, but reading all these reviews and my god a FIRE, I probably will not. My insurance (State Farm) has been great in handling my loss.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

I really love my 300, but the car sucks no one can say exactly what's wrong with the car. The car keeps shutting off on me if I'm stopped at a stoplight or stop sign. The code is reading I need a throttle body position sensor. Can anyone help me out with this problem because Chrysler have no idea what's going on?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2015

I have crazy problems with my Chrysler 300, they started last year. While I was approaching a "STOP" sign my car started to idle low, then it just shut off. I had my ASE Certified mechanic come to my house to diagnose the problem. No problems were revealed thru the diagnostic machine so he said to change my crankshaft sensor. I did that. It shut off again a few months later. I was told it my fuel pump might be going bad but usually when it goes, it just goes. So I was told to change the throttle body. That was done. My car shut off again. The crazy thing is if I sit for about a minute the car will start back up like nothing was ever happened. With all of this happening, no error indication lights ever come on. What the heck do I do next? Contact me, anybody, if you have experienced this and have a solution.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2015

I went to the dealership with a problem on my '08 300 erratically not starting, have taken it to 2 dealerships and was told to bring it in when the problem occurs, but if it is happening. I will be unable to get there, the dealership above on the last visit flashed my PCM and said that would fix it as they have seen the problem before. Less than 2 weeks later same issue and sometimes spending 20 minutes to get it running again.

I have paid in best interests what was thought the issue was, but, having to try and go 2 weeks for an appointment and getting rental cars to get to work is ridiculous. I cannot pay for a laundry list of shoot and replace fix actions and when I asked for a credit for the work I had already had done, I was placed into a holding queue on the phone and eventually told they would schedule an appointment in 2 weeks.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I bought a 2011 Chevrolet 300 3 months ago and the back door handles soon broke.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

We traded in our Jeep for a beautiful 2015 Chrysler 300. I fell in love instantly. We got it home and realized it had a finger sized scratch on the trunk. Took it to the dealership to be fixed. Started driving home and all of sudden a door open alert started to turn on the lights in the front part of car and the locks started clicking and going crazy. We stopped and checked all the doors, once again this issue started again. Got it home and noticed a chip in the paint. And still had the same sensor issue when my husband sits in the passenger seat. Taking the car back to the dealership and getting our jeep back. I am so disappointed and sad. I fell in love with a broken car :,(.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

1/2014 bought used 300C w 5.7 liter Hemi & all wheel drive. Every bell & whistle included. My dream machine. Had 11,000 miles on her. At 12,250 the alternator caught fire. Luckily it happened just as I entered the car wash!! Took it back to the dealer the next morning. Spent considerable time with the G.M. explaining how I didn't want this car. Owned 29 days at that time. The maintenance manager stepped into his office as we were talking and interjected that the wiring harness in the 300s is not heavy duty enough gauge wire to carry the charge. They replaced the alternator. Apparently they changed my oil as a courtesy, because the next morning following picking it up from the shop, it spilled a large pool of oil under the filter. They tightened the filter.

In February, I took this car on the ferry down the inside passage to see my mom in California. Drove from Washington, to Idaho, to Oregon to Cali. The anti-lock brakes failed in Oregon. Once again it was in the shop where they relocated and replaced a fuse. I was notified that the timing chain had been recalled, so I drove back up the Alcan to Alaska & put it in the shop. Two weeks later I picked up my car and headed North to work. Three days into my new job, they asked me to run back to Fairbanks for parts. Of course I took my car, it had a navigator. Returning from Fairbanks the rear end of the car began jumping from side to side. I fought for control as it pulled me into the left oncoming traffic lane and over the shoulder where we rolled multiple times. The airbags failed to deploy even though the car was COMPLETELY totaled. The seat belt worked so good it torn right thru the tendon on my shoulder. We were lucky to be alive.

Apparently there are thousands of these cars manufactured in 2010 that they failed to put a locking nut on the pinnacle bolt that holds the rear suspension on. The wheel broke from its suspension. I've had a major concussion for over 18 months and am just now trying to figure this all out. I'm disabled for life. No one returns my calls & I'm very angry. Help! Get these cars off the road before more innocent families are destroyed.

Chrysler 300 Company Information