2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Chrysler 300 is a full-size luxury car that is currently sold as a 4-door sedan. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Chrysler 300 Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2018

We bought the Chrysler M300 at a buy here pay here so when making a decision we looked at the Price and used condition of the vehicle. Carfax helped us determine it was a two owner car, no accidents. The car is a 99 model and the motor has over 140000 miles but the outer and inner design is not dated. This was the first Chrysler I even owned because I heard they break a lot and I remember my grandma had a Chrysler and we broke down in it. Good there have not been any major problems except the transmission and the model can also be a slap shift but it has trouble switching gears.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My previous car was a Park Ave. This 2012 Chrysler 300 limited is a great touring car. Was surprised the gas mileage wasn't horrific.19-22 in city, 26-28 highway. The only problem I'm having is at the car wash. The windows fog up on the inside (it does it other times, too) also at the car wash and dirty water stays on the inside of the door frame. I have to get out and open the door and wipe it out. I love this car.

Original review: April 29, 2018

After almost 5 years I still love my Chrysler 300. Smooth ride. Has lots of features. The style is still classy. The best car I have ever owned. First new car, others were used. At 72, it's the last car I will have.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Great construction, engine, acceleration. This Chrysler 300 car has been the best purchase of any car I've owned. Very low maintenance until spark plugs, 2 required per cylinder.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The Chrysler 300 is a great car. It’s a 2005 and we have yet to take in for repairs. Regular maintenance and oil changes keep it ready to go. Is comfortable and has great back seat leg room.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler 300?

Original review: April 17, 2018

This Chrysler 300 Limited is the second I have owned. It is a 2017. The first one was a 2006 which I drove for 176,000 miles. The 2017 has better performance, slightly better appearance, and gas mileage. I am considering buying a third one this summer.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

2006 Chrysler 300 srt8 cuts off while driving but will restart after cooling down as if nothing was wrong. This can happen anytime, anywhere. Thus far we've spent over $3000 trying to figure out what is wrong with the vehicle. We first took it to the dealership who was completely clueless. Since then we've taken it to several mechanics but to no avail. The vehicle has been in the shop at the last technician for over 2 years now. This is my second Chrysler with similar problems, the first was a minivan. This problem happens to most Chrysler/ Dodge vehicles, why can't they solve the problem.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I recently purchased a 07 V6 Chrysler 300 with a little under 64,000 miles on it. Before the vehicle was purchased I had it pre-inspected and it check out fine. The vehicle drove good and gave me no issues for the first couple of days. However, three days after I purchased the car and proceeded to fill up my tank. My vehicle started running rough and ending up stalling on me; while I was driving home with my kid in the car. The car continued to run rough and stall with a full tank of gas in it. I figured out this issue only occurred after fueling my tank. I also discovered that I could only have a quarter tank of gas in my car for it to run smoothly (no stalling). The car would also seem like it wanted to die at low speeds.

On the other hand, the car would drive fine at higher speeds over 45 MPH. I have yet to take car on the freeway, and I currently drive short distances. I am currently getting my vehicle repaired at a certified Chrysler dealership. They did a diagnostic inspection and found that the fuel tank along with some other major parts around the fuel tank needed to be replaced. This whole thing is going to cost over $3,400. I’m a low income, single parent and full time college student struggling to make ends meet. I reached out to Chrysler who refused to acknowledge the defective parts on my vehicle despite them recalling this same issue on (2005,2006) models.

When I first saw this car I thought I had “came up”, but now that I’m dealing with this expensive repair. I have come to realize how I have been duped by people with no morals or integrity towards their hardworking paying customers. I’m really praying to the “Game Gods” that after this repair I can at least drive the car safely for two or three years. I really can’t afford to get another car right now. If anyone is interested in petitioning the court and filing a class-action lawsuit against “Chrysler manufacture” please contact me immediately. I know I can’t be the only one tired of letting these big Corporations get away with ripping us off and clearly making and marketing “Lemon Cars”.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On August 29, 2017, Chrysler issued a recall for the alternator on my 2012 Chrysler 300 car. On September 8, 2017, I called the local dealership to schedule the repair. They LITERALLY laughed at me, and informed me that none of the dealerships would be equipped to deal with that recall until August of 2018! At that point, I had not been experiencing any issues, so I agreed to wait. Fast forward to September 30, 2017. As my husband and I were leaving a childhood cancer awareness benefit, my alternator failed. It was about 11:00 pm on a Saturday night, approximately 45 minutes away from my home. I had no choice but to have the car towed. The car was towed to a repair shop, they replaced the alternator, and also had to replace the battery because the alternator fried it out to the point it could not be salvaged. This cost me 1212.00! In addition to the $100.00 tow bill!

On October 4, 2017, I submitted the repair ticket and the tow bill for reimbursement. I was told it would take 60-90 days to receive a check. I called on October 5, 2017 to confirm they had gotten my documents. They acknowledged receipt, and again told me 60-90 days. Since then, I have had 3 conversations with representatives at the recall center. All of whom told me that my documents had been received, and my claim was still in processing. Today, 12-7-17 I'm told that the delay is because they never received paperwork from me proving that the invoices were paid. To add insult to injury, they are also saying that my claim does not meet the criteria to be reimbursed for the towing bill because the original warranty on the car has expired. I am beyond frustrated with this entire process. Never mind the fact that the last recall Chrysler "fixed" for me caused another problem that they refuse to take responsibility for.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I purchased this car new with the lifetime warranty. The styling is great but that is about it. I don't think I have ever gone 6 months without some fairly major issue. The car has been dealer serviced since day one. I have averaged 20K miles per set of tires (all dealer recommended with 60K-100K tread warranties) now replacing the 6th set with 130K on the car. Have had chronic vibration issues throughout the life of the car replacing the driveline u joints, the transmission twice, the front transfer case (all fortunately under the warranty) but due to the vibration issues caused by warranty issues I have also had to replace the radiator twice because of stress cracks on the seam between the metal and plastic, tie rod ends, obviously the tires issues, sensors etc, none of which are covered. I have loose interior trim that they will not fix. And I still have vibration issues.

I am currently dealing with another shifting issue and vibrations again. This issue began shortly after the tires were replaced last October (yes not even a year ago) and they are marked as worn out again. The dealership is now telling me to replace the rims, and has no answer for the shifting issue. Chrysler, do the right thing this car is beautiful, but mechanically... Worst I have ever owned.

Chrysler 300 Company Information