Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.47/5

Chrysler 300

The Chrysler 300 is a full-size luxury car that is currently sold as a 4-door sedan. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

162 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2016

I am writing to you as a highly concerned citizen about a life threatening issue. I recently lost my dear mother after she suffered a head injury (subdural hematoma) when she was abruptly hit on the head by the car trunk of her 2005 Chrysler 300 sedan (VIN#**). The struts that hold up the trunk lid of the car failed and the trunk lid slammed into her unexpectedly. This is not a case of overuse. With the trunk, the usage was limited to grocery shopping. This vehicle has never been wrecked, never been in an accident, nor ever been damaged in any way. This vehicle was very well maintained and regularly serviced at a Chrysler dealership.

This vehicle has had only one owner. While some might say that the parts of a vehicle are not designed to last forever, it simply should be unacceptable for a vehicle to have such a heavy trunk with a structural design that allows the trunk to come crashing down, without warning, on the unsuspecting owner, with enough force to cause them bodily harm or death. I am 100% convinced that if my mother had never purchased and owned this vehicle she would still be alive and well today. I am so very fearful that others will die as a result of this trunk design malfunction. I see so many of these cars, of the same make and model, out on the road during my daily commute. This is a hidden danger that puts many people's lives at risk.

Original review: March 3, 2016

While driving my 2013 300s the lights on my dash began to flash. A few minutes later my radio cut off and would not cut back on. About a minute later I got a message on the dash that said "battery saver mode". I had no idea what was going on and all of a sudden my the car just shut down. I had no control over the car, no brakes, no steering... nothing. Luckily I was not in a position where I needed to avoid hitting other cars because I could not steer. I then started to smell burning rubber. After the car came to a complete stop the lights started flashing again and then the wipers came on. (They were not turned on.) The wipers slowed and then the car went totally dead (again). I Googled "battery saver mode" and saw that it was my alternator.

I then saw that Chrysler had a recall out for their alternators so I called their recall center. I was told that, "Yes, there was a recall." And I had the right kind of car and the right engine but my alternator was 180 amps. (They only recalled the 160 amps.) I read most of the complaints and their experience was almost identical to mine. And I also read that there were people with the 180 amps had the same experience and was also told the same thing as I was told by Chrysler ("At this time we only have a recall out for 160 amp alternators. Save your receipt and if and when we do a recall on the 180 amps we will reimburse you.").

REALLY!? My total cost was $1260 (alternator, battery and a belt). Come on Chrysler you know that these alternators are bad (both 160 and 180)! I guess until someone reports a death they won't recall the 180 amp. I would tell any buyer of the 300 to beware. I personally will never purchase a Chrysler again. (I have owned 2.) No matter how cool they look.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

2015 Chrysler 300 - Within 30 minutes of driving car from place of lease, the AWD warning light came on. Was told by dealer that it would be Two weeks before they could look at it. I have continued to drive car and now have 4000 miles on it. AWD warning stays on most of the time. Now, during the last week driving at 70mph, the car loses power and warning light comes on saying the throttle is the problem. If I let off on the Accelerator for a few seconds, car then gains full speed. Anyone else have this problem?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

2005 Chrysler 300 - After I will fill up the vehicle with fuel it will die when I go to turn out at an intersection or at a corner. It doesn't matter, the car will just lose all power. I'll have to put it into park and restart it which is very dangerous. Trying to teach my 15 year old daughter with her permit, now fearful every time behind the wheel.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

2008 Chrysler 300 C, Hemi. Car parked in park in our home garage, went to start and anti theft system device prevented start. Car had to be towed to dealership. Keys used was newly replaced by ignition recall order. Total damage unknown at this time, towing cost $120.00.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler 300?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

I loved this car! Researched it endlessly until I found a used 300 in August 2013. I had 3 requirements: American made, V6 and AWD. At 8 months old with 15,000 miles, I found my dream car. I live in a remote, rural area and commute to work 42 mi one way, frequently take trips over mountain passes and have grandchildren with me all the time. I had this car serviced every 6 months and a alternator recall satisfied in June 2015.

No other problems until December 7th, 2015. I started my car to warm it up for my morning commute to work (at 05:00), returned outside 5 minutes later and my car was on FIRE. Engine compartment and into drivers area burned to a complete loss. Distressed beyond belief, this has caused a hardship in commuting, but I'm thankful no one was hurt. The "IF's" are endless. I love this car so much that I really contemplated getting another one, but reading all these reviews and my god a FIRE, I probably will not. My insurance (State Farm) has been great in handling my loss.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

I really love my 300, but the car sucks no one can say exactly what's wrong with the car. The car keeps shutting off on me if I'm stopped at a stoplight or stop sign. The code is reading I need a throttle body position sensor. Can anyone help me out with this problem because Chrysler have no idea what's going on?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2015

I have crazy problems with my Chrysler 300, they started last year. While I was approaching a "STOP" sign my car started to idle low, then it just shut off. I had my ASE Certified mechanic come to my house to diagnose the problem. No problems were revealed thru the diagnostic machine so he said to change my crankshaft sensor. I did that. It shut off again a few months later. I was told it my fuel pump might be going bad but usually when it goes, it just goes. So I was told to change the throttle body. That was done. My car shut off again. The crazy thing is if I sit for about a minute the car will start back up like nothing was ever happened. With all of this happening, no error indication lights ever come on. What the heck do I do next? Contact me, anybody, if you have experienced this and have a solution.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2015

I went to the dealership with a problem on my '08 300 erratically not starting, have taken it to 2 dealerships and was told to bring it in when the problem occurs, but if it is happening. I will be unable to get there, the dealership above on the last visit flashed my PCM and said that would fix it as they have seen the problem before. Less than 2 weeks later same issue and sometimes spending 20 minutes to get it running again.

I have paid in best interests what was thought the issue was, but, having to try and go 2 weeks for an appointment and getting rental cars to get to work is ridiculous. I cannot pay for a laundry list of shoot and replace fix actions and when I asked for a credit for the work I had already had done, I was placed into a holding queue on the phone and eventually told they would schedule an appointment in 2 weeks.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I bought a 2011 Chevrolet 300 3 months ago and the back door handles soon broke.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

We traded in our Jeep for a beautiful 2015 Chrysler 300. I fell in love instantly. We got it home and realized it had a finger sized scratch on the trunk. Took it to the dealership to be fixed. Started driving home and all of sudden a door open alert started to turn on the lights in the front part of car and the locks started clicking and going crazy. We stopped and checked all the doors, once again this issue started again. Got it home and noticed a chip in the paint. And still had the same sensor issue when my husband sits in the passenger seat. Taking the car back to the dealership and getting our jeep back. I am so disappointed and sad. I fell in love with a broken car :,(.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

1/2014 bought used 300C w 5.7 liter Hemi & all wheel drive. Every bell & whistle included. My dream machine. Had 11,000 miles on her. At 12,250 the alternator caught fire. Luckily it happened just as I entered the car wash!! Took it back to the dealer the next morning. Spent considerable time with the G.M. explaining how I didn't want this car. Owned 29 days at that time. The maintenance manager stepped into his office as we were talking and interjected that the wiring harness in the 300s is not heavy duty enough gauge wire to carry the charge. They replaced the alternator. Apparently they changed my oil as a courtesy, because the next morning following picking it up from the shop, it spilled a large pool of oil under the filter. They tightened the filter.

In February, I took this car on the ferry down the inside passage to see my mom in California. Drove from Washington, to Idaho, to Oregon to Cali. The anti-lock brakes failed in Oregon. Once again it was in the shop where they relocated and replaced a fuse. I was notified that the timing chain had been recalled, so I drove back up the Alcan to Alaska & put it in the shop. Two weeks later I picked up my car and headed North to work. Three days into my new job, they asked me to run back to Fairbanks for parts. Of course I took my car, it had a navigator. Returning from Fairbanks the rear end of the car began jumping from side to side. I fought for control as it pulled me into the left oncoming traffic lane and over the shoulder where we rolled multiple times. The airbags failed to deploy even though the car was COMPLETELY totaled. The seat belt worked so good it torn right thru the tendon on my shoulder. We were lucky to be alive.

Apparently there are thousands of these cars manufactured in 2010 that they failed to put a locking nut on the pinnacle bolt that holds the rear suspension on. The wheel broke from its suspension. I've had a major concussion for over 18 months and am just now trying to figure this all out. I'm disabled for life. No one returns my calls & I'm very angry. Help! Get these cars off the road before more innocent families are destroyed.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

I have not got a response. I been hearing my car has been recalled. My car cuts off when I am driving. I have electrical problems. I hear clanking sound when I am driving. Since I bought it I had nothing but problems. Rear end - did, Front end - did, transmission now. I'm told I need pcm. I'm broke. I hate Chrysler now.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

My 2006 Chrysler touring keeps dying after battery light goes. Took to have battery charged which has no dead cells. Then it dies again!!! Not sure what else to do. Have had several problems with electrical system. Due to faulty installation on rear mirror which leaked into trunk. Problem resolved after several days in dealer! Then Sunroof went out and cost close to $900 to fix. However, dealer idea of fixing is that I cannot use sunroof again!!! Overall, very dissatisfied despite leaving my car which gets regular oil checks and whatever is recommended. Don't know what to do!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

I was excited about getting a Chrysler 300. Ever since they came out in 2005 I really wanted one so I got a 2006. I wish with what I know now I should have googled up some research from other previous Chrysler 300 owners. Well at any rate for months after I got the car I started hearing this tapping noise on the driver side under the hood in the engine. A friend of mine noticed it, a woman and the first thing she said was "is your car supposed to sound like that?" At any rate the car kept on making that noise. I took it to a mechanic - first thing he said was "buy another engine or get rid of this car." I tried adding Lucas Oil synthetic to it didn't solve the problem. Is sad that Chrysler put out a car like this and won't fix it.

I still owed $8000 on the car and it would cost 3000 to replace the engine - no way. Thank God the car was repoed before it actually broke all the way down. I must honestly say I will never buy an American made car again. My best cars have been foreign vehicles. The Chrysler 300 year 2006 was a very grave disappointment for me.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

First I want to say that this car was my first 'big purchase' and I was immediately smitten with my 2010 300 touring AWD. It's definitely a head turner with the stock chrome wheels shining against the bold, blue metallic paint and it drives really smooth like a luxury car should - when everything is working. I purchased the car with 54k miles and since I had never owned a Chrysler before, took out an extended service contract, which I'm glad I did. Now the car is at 103k miles and I'm ready to part with it. Overall it hasn't been the nightmare some of you had, but my experience with the car make me really nervous to drive it with no warranty.

First I noticed the 3.5 liter V6 engine drinks oil and I had to add a quart every 2k miles. I did some more research on the engine and learned I shouldn't be changing the oil at 5k like Chrysler recommends, but at 3k like older cars because of the potential for sludge build up (which causes the engines to blow). My first out of pocket expense (besides regular maintenance) came when a tie rod went out at 70k.

Then, all was well until about 99k when 3 major events occurred. 1) The car started an unnerving grinding while accelerating when AWD was engaged. After being misdiagnosed at 2 independent mechanics and one other Chrysler Dealership, another Chrysler Dealership figured it out, just in time for the Powertrain Warranty to expire. I barely made it but they accepted a complete replacement of the output yoke and nut after removing the T-case which resolved the issue. 2) At the same time this problem was making my life hell, both the front and rear suspension went out, and my mechanic was surprised they wore down so quick. He had to fight tooth and nail with the Master Tech service contract to cover the expensive repairs, though ultimately he got only partial coverage.

3) The infamous Airbag recall. I only found out about it after trying to trade it in to a Volkswagen dealership right which prevented me from trading it in. They told me there probably wasn't going to be a fix for quite a while and that Chrysler should have notified me of it. I was clueless up to that point and this was in June when I found out. Just last week 8/4/15 I got the letter from Chrysler telling me how concerned they are about their customers and their safety while this issue is being resolved, and yet they're telling people that they don't have the materials to fix this.

I really do feel grateful that this is all I had to endure, but I had nowhere near these kind of issues with my old Park Avenue. Not once did that car require a complete suspension replacement (even at 250k miles), have any engine, powertrain problems, or safety concerns, and it didn't drink a drop of oil. Funny thing is though, when my dealership in town fixed my T-case issue weeks before, they were somehow able to fix the airbags as well. Sounds like some misleading information on Chrysler's end, though I'm just thankful I didn't get in a situation where the airbags deployed and caused a very horrendous death indeed. Overall, I'd say I came out lucky, though it was quite a headache these last couple months and if it weren't for the great service at my local dealership, I would've probably taken further action.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

I have a 2006 300. The car keeps on shutting off when I fill up my gas tank, or on the highway. VERY DANGEROUS!!!!! Everyone has a problem. Please Chrysler do right by the people. It's getting very expensive to fix the car. It's in the shop every other week. Now my mechanic is telling me it might be the computer. I'm hoping that's the only problem to fix on the car. I have done everything possible to the vehicle. My mechanic and I can't think of anything else to fix for the car to be safe on the road. GOD PLS HELP ME!!!!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring. The 2nd week we were stranded 3 1/2 hours away from home. After 2 more weeks, cab fare, hotel, rental car, and finally a towing charge for the car to be brought from that corn-fed country dealership to my neighborhood up-to-date dealership, the fuel pump was changed. I ended up writing a detailed letter to Chrysler's corporate office and to my surprise, they sent a check covering all my costs. No letter, no apology, just an envelope and check. Beggars can't be choosers, well maybe I did pay $35000 just four weeks ago.

Fast forward 5 months starting to hear mystery noise (clunk) in the front end. Took car to dealership (under warranty), they changed tie rod ends. (Still clunked with each bump in road.) Over the next year and multiple appt., they changed upper and lower control arms, struts, entire steering rack twice. Finally they told me there was no more that they could do, it was just a bad design, please don't come back. (Seriously, LOL.)

Took to another local dealership. Another year of motor mounts, tranny mounts, various Bushings. This dealer suggested me go on the interweb and see if I can find out if anyone else is having this issue. Well I found out that a lot of people were experiencing the same exact problem. I also have had to replace (some on warranty, some not) EGR valve three times, those idiotic tire air pressure valve on three rims, some sensor inside the tranny, the power control module, the power window switch panel on the driver side front. Need I mention that at one time or another, both rear doors would not open? Did I forget that it still goes clunkity-clunk even on test drives with perspective buyers?

The second dealership that I go to for certain parts, the service guys all laugh at me for having a TRUE LEMON. Just one question - is it just me or do you guys and girls out there expect a transmission dipstick when you spend $35k on a car or is it cool to spend $30 bucks for one, plus $80 dollars for a laser thermometer to check oil temps? What happened to engineers...SERIOUSLY are these ones proud of this car? Chrysler has the best-looking but they are the worst mechanical I have ever worked on. It's actually funny nowadays 'cause all the tears are gone and screaming gives me a headache.

Original review: July 27, 2015

I have a 2007 300. If I drive from A to Z then turn it off It will be fine. But if I drive again and shut it off it won't start till it cools off. It's not overheating and battery is good. No one knows why when you try to start it it sounds like the battery is dead but it's not. I'm disabled, a cancer patient and I need my car. Can anyone shine some light on what it might be. I'm thinking my starter. Maybe it's not grounded properly.

Original review: July 23, 2015

I purchased my car new and the first three years were great. I had problems with my car shutting off in midst of driving. My car was under extended warranty. I continued taking the car in for service for about year. Each time I took the car in something was claimed to be fixed. My car would work fine for a short time and then the problem would start again. The dealer could not find a solution for my car stopping. I tried on several attempts to contact corporate office to voice my concerns about the car and no returned my messages. I would not buy about Chrysler product. I was very pleased with the design of car, however I did not feel safe to continue driving my car.

Original review: July 19, 2015

On my 2007 Chrysler 300 Limited sometimes when I'm driving my wheel gets really stiff like there's almost no power steering but then goes back to normal. What is this? And do you know how to fix it?

Original review: July 17, 2015

My 2011 Chrysler 300 is eating rear tires. Rear control arms must be replaced, Conway Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Conway, SC tells me. This is an item that should be adjustable, not replaced at a cost of nearly $900 for both sides. Chrysler customer service was pleasant, but refused to offer any help, AND refused to allow me to talk to a supervisor. I have no complaint with the local dealer. I do not believe this is a normal wear-and-tear issue. This is a design flaw that Chrysler should take responsibility for. My intent is to NEVER purchase another Chrysler product again.

Original review: July 11, 2015

My car was stuck in PARK. This problem, according to the handbook, said that the small blue plastic clip under the removable tray to the side of the shifter should be pressed and this should release the gears so I could get to the dealer. It didn't work. A quick look through YouTube showed there was a fault which was on recall number F38 but when I mentioned this to the dealer I was told this does not apply to vehicles in Australia. WHY? After paying $150 for repair I would warn owners to be careful as this could happen at any time and anywhere.

Original review: July 1, 2015

Own a Chrysler 300c, 2005. I have experience the same thing with my car door handles -- all 4 handles have broken.

Original review: June 26, 2015

I have 3 broken door handles and have a friend with the same car who has 2. I called Chrysler who told me I had to take car to the dealer and pay them $89 to do a diagnostic to tell me if this is because of normal wear and tear before they will even consider helping me and then it's not guaranteed. Now I have a 93 Lexus with not one broken door handle. Go figure!

Original review: June 2, 2015

2006 Chrysler 300 Hemi- I live in a fairly warm area with many summer days nearing 100 degrees. Two years ago my a/c started blowing ambient temperature. I literally have had it in every three weeks during April-Sept. with them being unable to find the problem… Putting in freon and dye and 3 weeks ago they found the problem. $850+ and it worked less than 2 weeks. I've had it with the poor service and think I have been more than patient but after having 4 previous Chryslers I will not buy another.

Original review: May 25, 2015

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c AWD and both of my door handles broke in the bask, and I get a clunk sound when I let off the gas and sputtering when I turn corners. Still haven't figured out what it could be.

Original review: May 25, 2015

I have had my 2006 300 awd touring for any a year now. I bought it from the dealer and had problems with a high pitch cry coming from the car after two weeks. I went three different times for them to figure of what the sound was and no one could seem to hear it when I could. But that is not my biggest problem. I recently had my 300 in the shop for leaking oil. The first time it happened there looked to be a hole in the filter so it was changed and fine. Four days later, I start out up and it's running super loud. I checked the oil and there was nothing in it with oil on the ground.

Took it to a Firestone first who said it was burning oil. Looking for a second opinion, I took it to the Chrysler dealership and they said it was a loose plug causing the problem. Okay. Cool. Another week later, it's doing it again! Has anyone had their 300 do this to them? The dealership cannot figure out anything wrong with the engine. Too far in debt with the price of repairs and payments for this car to get another vehicle so I'm stuck. Help!

Original review: May 5, 2015

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300 4 dr sedan. I have never had a car where the door handles broke. I would like to know if there any recalls on them because I have two door handles that are broken.

Original review: May 1, 2015

I bought a 2010 300 AWD V6 at 35K from a the dealer. It was certified vehicle and as I had purchased previous car was at ease with Trust to buy from them. At the time of purchase I brought to their attention a crack on bumper and never got repaired from them after a verbal assurance by manager. The rear bumper was painted by them as it had scratches. Later I found this Certified inspected car had been painted on sides was in a crash and had broken headlight hinge plus bad rotors too...

The very next day the car was making thud noise from rear end and tranny slip in 3 and 4th gear. I got back to dealer got rotors fixed and said they remapped computer and car was rid of the thud noise. This needed my repetitive mails to manager and Chrysler. The problem remained same and so I googled and went back insisting to flush all oil from tranny and axle. After this the thud sound was gone but till date the car has transmission slip issue. I have to depress in 3rd gear at times just to pass and the car revs but does not pick up. I have an appointment for the same. Is this how a certified and inspected car is sold? Is it fair for a dealer to not let know customer of repaint issues and sell a junk by ripping off? What if this car results in a crash?

Chrysler 300 Company Information