3.51/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler 300

The Chrysler 300 is a full-size luxury car that is currently sold as a 4-door sedan. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler 300 Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2018

This Chrysler 300 Limited is the second I have owned. It is a 2017. The first one was a 2006 which I drove for 176,000 miles. The 2017 has better performance, slightly better appearance, and gas mileage. I am considering buying a third one this summer.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

2006 Chrysler 300 srt8 cuts off while driving but will restart after cooling down as if nothing was wrong. This can happen anytime, anywhere. Thus far we've spent over $3000 trying to figure out what is wrong with the vehicle. We first took it to the dealership who was completely clueless. Since then we've taken it to several mechanics but to no avail. The vehicle has been in the shop at the last technician for over 2 years now. This is my second Chrysler with similar problems, the first was a minivan. This problem happens to most Chrysler/ Dodge vehicles, why can't they solve the problem.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I recently purchased a 07 V6 Chrysler 300 with a little under 64,000 miles on it. Before the vehicle was purchased I had it pre-inspected and it check out fine. The vehicle drove good and gave me no issues for the first couple of days. However, three days after I purchased the car and proceeded to fill up my tank. My vehicle started running rough and ending up stalling on me; while I was driving home with my kid in the car. The car continued to run rough and stall with a full tank of gas in it. I figured out this issue only occurred after fueling my tank. I also discovered that I could only have a quarter tank of gas in my car for it to run smoothly (no stalling). The car would also seem like it wanted to die at low speeds.

On the other hand, the car would drive fine at higher speeds over 45 MPH. I have yet to take car on the freeway, and I currently drive short distances. I am currently getting my vehicle repaired at a certified Chrysler dealership. They did a diagnostic inspection and found that the fuel tank along with some other major parts around the fuel tank needed to be replaced. This whole thing is going to cost over $3,400. I’m a low income, single parent and full time college student struggling to make ends meet. I reached out to Chrysler who refused to acknowledge the defective parts on my vehicle despite them recalling this same issue on (2005,2006) models.

When I first saw this car I thought I had “came up”, but now that I’m dealing with this expensive repair. I have come to realize how I have been duped by people with no morals or integrity towards their hardworking paying customers. I’m really praying to the “Game Gods” that after this repair I can at least drive the car safely for two or three years. I really can’t afford to get another car right now. If anyone is interested in petitioning the court and filing a class-action lawsuit against “Chrysler manufacture” please contact me immediately. I know I can’t be the only one tired of letting these big Corporations get away with ripping us off and clearly making and marketing “Lemon Cars”.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On August 29, 2017, Chrysler issued a recall for the alternator on my 2012 Chrysler 300 car. On September 8, 2017, I called the local dealership to schedule the repair. They LITERALLY laughed at me, and informed me that none of the dealerships would be equipped to deal with that recall until August of 2018! At that point, I had not been experiencing any issues, so I agreed to wait. Fast forward to September 30, 2017. As my husband and I were leaving a childhood cancer awareness benefit, my alternator failed. It was about 11:00 pm on a Saturday night, approximately 45 minutes away from my home. I had no choice but to have the car towed. The car was towed to a repair shop, they replaced the alternator, and also had to replace the battery because the alternator fried it out to the point it could not be salvaged. This cost me 1212.00! In addition to the $100.00 tow bill!

On October 4, 2017, I submitted the repair ticket and the tow bill for reimbursement. I was told it would take 60-90 days to receive a check. I called on October 5, 2017 to confirm they had gotten my documents. They acknowledged receipt, and again told me 60-90 days. Since then, I have had 3 conversations with representatives at the recall center. All of whom told me that my documents had been received, and my claim was still in processing. Today, 12-7-17 I'm told that the delay is because they never received paperwork from me proving that the invoices were paid. To add insult to injury, they are also saying that my claim does not meet the criteria to be reimbursed for the towing bill because the original warranty on the car has expired. I am beyond frustrated with this entire process. Never mind the fact that the last recall Chrysler "fixed" for me caused another problem that they refuse to take responsibility for.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I purchased this car new with the lifetime warranty. The styling is great but that is about it. I don't think I have ever gone 6 months without some fairly major issue. The car has been dealer serviced since day one. I have averaged 20K miles per set of tires (all dealer recommended with 60K-100K tread warranties) now replacing the 6th set with 130K on the car. Have had chronic vibration issues throughout the life of the car replacing the driveline u joints, the transmission twice, the front transfer case (all fortunately under the warranty) but due to the vibration issues caused by warranty issues I have also had to replace the radiator twice because of stress cracks on the seam between the metal and plastic, tie rod ends, obviously the tires issues, sensors etc, none of which are covered. I have loose interior trim that they will not fix. And I still have vibration issues.

I am currently dealing with another shifting issue and vibrations again. This issue began shortly after the tires were replaced last October (yes not even a year ago) and they are marked as worn out again. The dealership is now telling me to replace the rims, and has no answer for the shifting issue. Chrysler, do the right thing this car is beautiful, but mechanically... Worst I have ever owned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler 300?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

When the Chrysler 300 first came out it quickly became one of my dream cars. When I turned 21 a few years ago I finally signed the papers and became the owner of my very own Chrysler 300 with a 5.7 HEMI. I felt like the coolest kid in town. Only months later did I quickly become the laughing stock of friends and family for how quick I was to pull the trigger on getting this car. After buying the car in April, six months later, after coming off of the highway I hear a loud rattling noise coming from the engine. I took it to a family friend who's a trusted mechanic and he undergoes the strenuous task of replacing the motor. Even though it was under warranty they fought tooth and nail trying to claim it was my fault for the engine failure. After a month and a half they finally decided to replace the motor with a used engine.

Literally, three months later I'm getting off of the highway heading to work at 5 in the morning, and the car stalls at a light. Eventually, it finally starts to kick into gear only to never shift. Imagine my embarrassment sluggishly pacing down a main road as the transmission screams and never shifts. I get to work, call my mechanic, and have it towed. Once again he is tasked with dealing with trying to settle things out with my warranty. After another month they decide to replace the transmission after sending 2 inspectors out to confirm what everyone else already knew. They replaced my trans with a used transmission.

Later on that year as I'm slowing down to go through the E-Z Pass on the highway the car stutters. For that brief moment I prayed to the Chrysler Gods that my luck may not be this bad. However, they promptly smite me. I accelerate through the toll and the car won't go into overdrive. I turn on the hazards and coast in the emergency lane until my exit. Taking it straight to my mechanic. Another month goes by and they replace the trans with yet another used transmission. Now at this point you're wondering, "This can't get any worse." I assure you...it can. PS: If you're also wondering how many miles I had on the car it was around 80,000 when I got it and I put about 30,000 on it since.

A few months following the last trans issue I'm driving to work once again at around 4:30 in the morning. It's winter. Freezing rain is coming down from the sky. I'm toasty inside my dream car and everything seems alright in the world. It was then that suddenly, while going 65-70 MPH on the freeway my sunroof decided to hit the ejector button and fly off of the top of my car. Luckily it was early in the morning and there was no traffic or else I'm sure somebody would have taken a sunroof straight across their windshield. I drive to work as freezing rain falls into my car. When I got there I grabbed some duct tape and a garbage bag and sealed it as best I could. Apparently, after some research, the sunroof had been recalled for leaking and coming loose. Things could only go uphill, correct? No.

One year later since my last major repair and I decided after work one day that I was hungry and decided to treat myself. I'm driving down a busy street in the middle of the day and come to a red light. Cheeseburgers and french fries are on my mind. A smile comes over my face. The light turns green and I see only happiness in my future. Just then, my car bucks like I just hit a mammoth sized pothole. I check my rearview mirror to see if any cars are weaving out of the way to try and confirm that I just hit the grand canyon in the middle of the road. Nope. Road looks good. I fear for the worst, but what the hell. I'm not gonna let this spoil my day just yet. I pull into the drive-through, place my order, and sit there. No, I wasn't awe-struck and stricken with images of fast food, I was literally stuck. My car did not move. I turn it off, turn it on, and the car inches forward and the transmission starts howling.

I pull into a parking space and inspect underneath the car. A white foamy fluid is coating the area underneath the trans. My day had been ruined. I came for cheeseburgers and left with no cheeseburgers and another broken trans. Leaving with no cheeseburgers was bad enough, but a broken trans to boot was just adding insult to injury. I had the car towed to my mechanic. He once again tries to settle the warranty, but is told they will not honor it this time due to the warranty expiring one week prior (just my luck, right?). He gets nasty back with them and reminds them that there is some type of grace period for warranties. They then recall their immediate decision to not replace the trans.

A quick recap of the major damage so far. We're on our 4th transmission and 1 rebuilt motor. Not to mention minor repairs all throughout. Many people came to me and told me to ditch the car. Get rid of it. I told them I shouldn't now. At some point the car is gonna feel like brand new right? No. The 4th transmission is now in. I have my girlfriend get my car for me since I was at work. She calls me 30 minutes later to tell me she's on the side of the road and that the car wouldn't change gears as she was driving to the grocery store. I told her to turn around and drive it back down the road to my mechanic. He calls the Chrysler Gods and they must have giggled at the cruel trick they played sending an already ruined transmission. They send no inspectors this time and just send out another used transmission. The 5th transmission goes in and we continue this story.

A few months later as I was driving to my parents I begin to smell something burning. "What could that be?" I ask myself. I guess I should pull over and find out. I do so and get out of the car. Imagine my surprise as I realize my driver's side tire is collapsed inwards and quickly realizing that the ball joint/tie rod must have broken. The car may as well live on the back of a tow truck with how much time it's spent on there. This was the first major repair that I actually paid for myself. I didn't want to deal with the Chrysler Gods so I just bit the bullet. 800 bucks to replace both tie rod/ball joint assemblies. Fine. I can live with this.

Now we progress to last week. I pull into a convenience store. Everything seems okay. My car has been behaving normal for a while, but instincts tell me it's only a matter of time. I get back in my car and start the engine. It's a rough start and I chuckle to myself. I shut the car off, and restart it. This time the car shakes, the oil pressure light comes on, and it slowly stalls and completely dies. I check the oil (knowing I had just changed it 2 months prior). It's all good. Looks clean and it's in the marked "safe" zone on the dipstick. I decide to leave the car there knowing that trying to force it to drive could only make things worse. I walked two miles back home after calling to have the car towed.

Today...the day I was finally freed of this hell-spawn. My mechanic calls and tells me that the piston has a hole in it and basically the motor needs to be replaced. He tried to contact about the warranty, but it was actually expired this time. For me to have this fixed it will have to come out of my own pocket. Around 3 to 4 thousand dollars for a used HEMI.

Do I make that purchase with only 7 months left to pay on the car? No. Never. Not in a million years. Only to get another motor that will eventually fail or drive the car until I need another transmission. I say NO. I will use that money to get a different vehicle. One that will not cost me emotional distress every time I get behind the wheel. My life lessons for every young person with a decent job, and the idea of getting their dream car. Do your research, listen to opinions other than your own, realize that some dreams are too good to be true, and most importantly...never buy a Chrysler.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased my Chrysler 300C on November 25th, 2016. We are very pleased with the sales and service provided the original sticker was $46,060. Our financial situation has changed and we need to sell the car. I went to find out how much it was now worth and it is under $26,000. This is a $20K depreciation in less than 8 months. I know new cars depreciate once they are driven off of the lot. I believe that the average depreciate of a one year old car is 15%. If the Chrysler followed average it would be about $7000. The depreciation of the Chrysler 300C Platinum AWD is close to 50%. I can't afford to keep the car and I can't sell it. There seems to be some issue with this car.

Original review: July 27, 2017

My 2014 Chrysler 300 had a recall due to the transmission not staying in park. I had no issues with this problem but had the recall fix done, which I understand is a software computer fix. Since the fix I have had problems and issues with the transmission. I have had car towed to dealer twice now. The second time my car locked into park in the middle of a busy intersection and I barely got it out of traffic when it would not move any further. Message said, " do not turn off car, put in park, or neutral, transmission service needed." Engine light was, traction indicator was on.

Car was stuck in park. Called dealer, they said turn off car and have it towed. Car would not turn off, went to Acc mode. Tow driver had to activate manual transmission to load car. Now I have to miss work, deal with rental car. I drive 37 miles to work one way and now worried I will get stranded in out in the 100 degree heat again, on a back road where I have to drive. Cannot afford new car, I want this car fixed to be SAFE.

Original review: July 19, 2017

While pumping gas in car, the gas came back out on the ground. So afraid drove home with windows down and head out of window because of fumes. Contacted Chrysler. Had car towed to Chrysler dealer. After inspection found that the fuel neck hose needed to be replaced and would take 5 days to get part. Received case number from Chrysler but they have decided that will not pay for repairs for what is surely a manufacturing problem. This part never goes out on any car ever. There could have been a major fire. So please pay attention when pumping gas. Mechanics do not know what this part is. Very disappointed with Chrysler. They have been very good until now with all of the previous issues with the care.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have a 2015 Chrysler 300 I had not drove 40,000 miles yet and having major issues with the unexpected leaks. I just had a recent transmission and coolant leak. I keep up on my maintenance and hardly drive my car a lot other than just to work and back home. One Sunday I was just heading home from the store. My car suddenly was jerking crazy and the engine light came on the car. The weird thing was the car was driving fine yesterday. When I got the vehicle diagnosed I had two funky codes F81D4 and F1D95 which was the clutch failure. I was like I did not have a clutch in the car. I did a second diagnostic and the leak suddenly appeared. My advice is don't buy a piece of ** Chrysler, the new ones are garbage.

Chrysler 300 Company Information