2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Chrysler 300 is a full-size luxury car that is currently sold as a 4-door sedan. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Chrysler 300 Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased my Chrysler 300C on November 25th, 2016. We are very pleased with the sales and service provided the original sticker was $46,060. Our financial situation has changed and we need to sell the car. I went to find out how much it was now worth and it is under $26,000. This is a $20K depreciation in less than 8 months. I know new cars depreciate once they are driven off of the lot. I believe that the average depreciate of a one year old car is 15%. If the Chrysler followed average it would be about $7000. The depreciation of the Chrysler 300C Platinum AWD is close to 50%. I can't afford to keep the car and I can't sell it. There seems to be some issue with this car.

Original review: July 27, 2017

My 2014 Chrysler 300 had a recall due to the transmission not staying in park. I had no issues with this problem but had the recall fix done, which I understand is a software computer fix. Since the fix I have had problems and issues with the transmission. I have had car towed to dealer twice now. The second time my car locked into park in the middle of a busy intersection and I barely got it out of traffic when it would not move any further. Message said, " do not turn off car, put in park, or neutral, transmission service needed." Engine light was, traction indicator was on.

Car was stuck in park. Called dealer, they said turn off car and have it towed. Car would not turn off, went to Acc mode. Tow driver had to activate manual transmission to load car. Now I have to miss work, deal with rental car. I drive 37 miles to work one way and now worried I will get stranded in out in the 100 degree heat again, on a back road where I have to drive. Cannot afford new car, I want this car fixed to be SAFE.

Original review: July 19, 2017

While pumping gas in car, the gas came back out on the ground. So afraid drove home with windows down and head out of window because of fumes. Contacted Chrysler. Had car towed to Chrysler dealer. After inspection found that the fuel neck hose needed to be replaced and would take 5 days to get part. Received case number from Chrysler but they have decided that will not pay for repairs for what is surely a manufacturing problem. This part never goes out on any car ever. There could have been a major fire. So please pay attention when pumping gas. Mechanics do not know what this part is. Very disappointed with Chrysler. They have been very good until now with all of the previous issues with the care.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have a 2015 Chrysler 300 I had not drove 40,000 miles yet and having major issues with the unexpected leaks. I just had a recent transmission and coolant leak. I keep up on my maintenance and hardly drive my car a lot other than just to work and back home. One Sunday I was just heading home from the store. My car suddenly was jerking crazy and the engine light came on the car. The weird thing was the car was driving fine yesterday. When I got the vehicle diagnosed I had two funky codes F81D4 and F1D95 which was the clutch failure. I was like I did not have a clutch in the car. I did a second diagnostic and the leak suddenly appeared. My advice is don't buy a piece of ** Chrysler, the new ones are garbage.

Original review: April 28, 2017

My 2012 Chrysler 300S V6 RWD has major electrical problems. The alternator and battery had to be replaced and now the computer is going berserk at 91000 miles. Chrysler refuses to give me any help and these problems are persistent with this make and model. Please do not purchase Chrysler products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler 300?

Original review: April 28, 2017

People always seem to put on bad news before good news. I bought at 2013 300C. It is a real head-turner. All my friends comment on how beautiful it is and how nice it rides. It is approaching 90000 km. With the exception of regular oil changes the car has never had to go to the shop. I bought the extended warranty as I know cars are expensive to repair these days. My concern is I may not get my money's worth from the warranty. Great car! I would not hesitate to buy another.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

2006 Chrysler 300C Major engine failure at 89786 miles....This engine failed due to serious engine issues. {Here is what the Chrysler dealership found} Per the certified Chrysler Technician, "Upon removing the engine assy (and found engine block broken and a huge hole in the pan) catastrophic engine failure". I filed a claim with Chrysler and at the same time was told because the car was out of warranty that Chrysler couldn't help us at all. Our bill from Chrysler Fremont Ca is $9994.69. The new engine will have a 3 year warranty which is totally ridiculous!!! We deserve some type of compensation for this issue.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300 Touring with about 90,000 miles on it. I bought it with 80,000 miles about a year ago. Clean title and CarFax. No accidents. Over the past 10,000 miles this vehicle has just become a service and repair nightmare. 1st: The front suspension is rough and clunks over moderate bumps to the point it sounds like the entire front end is going to fall off. I have replaced tension struts, sway bar bushings, end links, inner tie rods, outer tie rods, intermittent steering shaft, and rack/pinion. The clunking is still there and the dealership cannot tell me why or reproduce it... in which I don't know how because it is beyond obvious. I am going to replace the upper and lower control arms next. If that doesn't fix it, I am out of options (since I will be an entire new front end).

2nd: The blower motor to the AC unit is loud and about to go out. 3rd: Engine has a 'whining" sound that I cannot describe. It appears to be running ok but something doesn't feel right about the sound. 4th: There is now a leak in the rear differential axle seal. 5th: The radio sound will just cut off for no reason at times and I have to punch the radio to get it back working. 6th: Overall just a rough ride and not smooth and quiet. I understand that all cars have items that break and need replaced but this is crazy. So far, after everything is said and done, I will be about 5K in repairs over a year with this car!!! Everyone warned me NOT to buy anything Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, but I did not listen because my 2007 Dodge Ram has been nothing but outstanding. I will never buy a Chrysler product again. They are nice looking vehicles but they use "junk" parts and have poor builds to them. People, DO NOT BUY A CHRYSLER!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I have read the listed NIGHTMARES on the Chrysler 300 and here is what happen to me. I bought a "NEW" Chrysler 300 Touring and with it was a WARRANTY called, "Chrysler Lifetime Warranty"! Not widely known, but still offered on some models today. At the time I never thought I would keep the car more than 4 years, but got the coverage anyway... "BEST THING I EVER DID"!! It covers everything mechanical on the car, "FOR MY LIFETIME--BUMPER to BUMPER". It cost about $3,200.00, but worth every penny. Up to 100,000 miles I even get a Free Rental Car.

It does cost $100.00 Deductible, but when they replaced the Nav/CD/Sirius Radio twice, the complete Strut system, Alternator, Gaskets, A/c System, evap, and blower, compressor etc, the onboard computer and more, I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Dr. says I'm gonna live a long time! I'm hoping for a new transmission or engine soon. There is 180,000 miles on it and they tried to buy it back twice so far... No way... I'm keeping this car forever, out of respect for all of you! Get the warranty for your Children... at 18 yrs old they will have the freedom of the lowest repairs on the planet!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

2014 Chrysler 300C - 3 days ago I was driving and my LCD Uconnect froze. Hands free stopped working, no sound from speakers. When car was shut off and doors closed, dash stayed on. This is a known issue with these cars and very pricey to fix. Here's the funny thing. Not one warning light came on and the car was driving perfectly well. I took the car to the Chrysler dealer on Saturday but service dept not open till Monday. Of course the battery drained.

I get a call today saying my alternator and battery need to be replaced. Funny how I've never had a problem with this before and not 1 warning indicator came on in regards to charging system, battery, etc. Basically they boosted the car incorrectly and fried the alternator and battery. $1400 to fix this. This doesn't even begin to fix the problem I took it in there for. The guy at the service department said "This can cause the stereo to not work and the Uconnect..." Um a car with no battery and no alternator? The real funny thing is when I took it to the dealer the sales guy on staff started my car 5 times including with remote start and letting it run for 15 mins to test auto start shut down. Amazing how a car with a bad alternator and battery still failed to show a warning light. Incorrect boost plain and simple. First and last Chrysler. Best car they have and still a piece of crap.

Chrysler 300 Company Information