2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

The Chrysler 300 is a full-size luxury car that is currently sold as a 4-door sedan. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Chrysler 300 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler 300?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler 300?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

When the Chrysler 300 first came out it quickly became one of my dream cars. When I turned 21 a few years ago I finally signed the papers and became the owner of my very own Chrysler 300 with a 5.7 HEMI. I felt like the coolest kid in town. Only months later did I quickly become the laughing stock of friends and family for how quick I was to pull the trigger on getting this car. After buying the car in April, six months later, after coming off of the highway I hear a loud rattling noise coming from the engine. I took it to a family friend who's a trusted mechanic and he undergoes the strenuous task of replacing the motor. Even though it was under warranty they fought tooth and nail trying to claim it was my fault for the engine failure. After a month and a half they finally decided to replace the motor with a used engine.

Literally, three months later I'm getting off of the highway heading to work at 5 in the morning, and the car stalls at a light. Eventually, it finally starts to kick into gear only to never shift. Imagine my embarrassment sluggishly pacing down a main road as the transmission screams and never shifts. I get to work, call my mechanic, and have it towed. Once again he is tasked with dealing with trying to settle things out with my warranty. After another month they decide to replace the transmission after sending 2 inspectors out to confirm what everyone else already knew. They replaced my trans with a used transmission.

Later on that year as I'm slowing down to go through the E-Z Pass on the highway the car stutters. For that brief moment I prayed to the Chrysler Gods that my luck may not be this bad. However, they promptly smite me. I accelerate through the toll and the car won't go into overdrive. I turn on the hazards and coast in the emergency lane until my exit. Taking it straight to my mechanic. Another month goes by and they replace the trans with yet another used transmission. Now at this point you're wondering, "This can't get any worse." I assure you...it can. PS: If you're also wondering how many miles I had on the car it was around 80,000 when I got it and I put about 30,000 on it since.

A few months following the last trans issue I'm driving to work once again at around 4:30 in the morning. It's winter. Freezing rain is coming down from the sky. I'm toasty inside my dream car and everything seems alright in the world. It was then that suddenly, while going 65-70 MPH on the freeway my sunroof decided to hit the ejector button and fly off of the top of my car. Luckily it was early in the morning and there was no traffic or else I'm sure somebody would have taken a sunroof straight across their windshield. I drive to work as freezing rain falls into my car. When I got there I grabbed some duct tape and a garbage bag and sealed it as best I could. Apparently, after some research, the sunroof had been recalled for leaking and coming loose. Things could only go uphill, correct? No.

One year later since my last major repair and I decided after work one day that I was hungry and decided to treat myself. I'm driving down a busy street in the middle of the day and come to a red light. Cheeseburgers and french fries are on my mind. A smile comes over my face. The light turns green and I see only happiness in my future. Just then, my car bucks like I just hit a mammoth sized pothole. I check my rearview mirror to see if any cars are weaving out of the way to try and confirm that I just hit the grand canyon in the middle of the road. Nope. Road looks good. I fear for the worst, but what the hell. I'm not gonna let this spoil my day just yet. I pull into the drive-through, place my order, and sit there. No, I wasn't awe-struck and stricken with images of fast food, I was literally stuck. My car did not move. I turn it off, turn it on, and the car inches forward and the transmission starts howling.

I pull into a parking space and inspect underneath the car. A white foamy fluid is coating the area underneath the trans. My day had been ruined. I came for cheeseburgers and left with no cheeseburgers and another broken trans. Leaving with no cheeseburgers was bad enough, but a broken trans to boot was just adding insult to injury. I had the car towed to my mechanic. He once again tries to settle the warranty, but is told they will not honor it this time due to the warranty expiring one week prior (just my luck, right?). He gets nasty back with them and reminds them that there is some type of grace period for warranties. They then recall their immediate decision to not replace the trans.

A quick recap of the major damage so far. We're on our 4th transmission and 1 rebuilt motor. Not to mention minor repairs all throughout. Many people came to me and told me to ditch the car. Get rid of it. I told them I shouldn't now. At some point the car is gonna feel like brand new right? No. The 4th transmission is now in. I have my girlfriend get my car for me since I was at work. She calls me 30 minutes later to tell me she's on the side of the road and that the car wouldn't change gears as she was driving to the grocery store. I told her to turn around and drive it back down the road to my mechanic. He calls the Chrysler Gods and they must have giggled at the cruel trick they played sending an already ruined transmission. They send no inspectors this time and just send out another used transmission. The 5th transmission goes in and we continue this story.

A few months later as I was driving to my parents I begin to smell something burning. "What could that be?" I ask myself. I guess I should pull over and find out. I do so and get out of the car. Imagine my surprise as I realize my driver's side tire is collapsed inwards and quickly realizing that the ball joint/tie rod must have broken. The car may as well live on the back of a tow truck with how much time it's spent on there. This was the first major repair that I actually paid for myself. I didn't want to deal with the Chrysler Gods so I just bit the bullet. 800 bucks to replace both tie rod/ball joint assemblies. Fine. I can live with this.

Now we progress to last week. I pull into a convenience store. Everything seems okay. My car has been behaving normal for a while, but instincts tell me it's only a matter of time. I get back in my car and start the engine. It's a rough start and I chuckle to myself. I shut the car off, and restart it. This time the car shakes, the oil pressure light comes on, and it slowly stalls and completely dies. I check the oil (knowing I had just changed it 2 months prior). It's all good. Looks clean and it's in the marked "safe" zone on the dipstick. I decide to leave the car there knowing that trying to force it to drive could only make things worse. I walked two miles back home after calling to have the car towed.

Today...the day I was finally freed of this hell-spawn. My mechanic calls and tells me that the piston has a hole in it and basically the motor needs to be replaced. He tried to contact about the warranty, but it was actually expired this time. For me to have this fixed it will have to come out of my own pocket. Around 3 to 4 thousand dollars for a used HEMI.

Do I make that purchase with only 7 months left to pay on the car? No. Never. Not in a million years. Only to get another motor that will eventually fail or drive the car until I need another transmission. I say NO. I will use that money to get a different vehicle. One that will not cost me emotional distress every time I get behind the wheel. My life lessons for every young person with a decent job, and the idea of getting their dream car. Do your research, listen to opinions other than your own, realize that some dreams are too good to be true, and most importantly...never buy a Chrysler.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased my Chrysler 300C on November 25th, 2016. We are very pleased with the sales and service provided the original sticker was $46,060. Our financial situation has changed and we need to sell the car. I went to find out how much it was now worth and it is under $26,000. This is a $20K depreciation in less than 8 months. I know new cars depreciate once they are driven off of the lot. I believe that the average depreciate of a one year old car is 15%. If the Chrysler followed average it would be about $7000. The depreciation of the Chrysler 300C Platinum AWD is close to 50%. I can't afford to keep the car and I can't sell it. There seems to be some issue with this car.

Original review: July 27, 2017

My 2014 Chrysler 300 had a recall due to the transmission not staying in park. I had no issues with this problem but had the recall fix done, which I understand is a software computer fix. Since the fix I have had problems and issues with the transmission. I have had car towed to dealer twice now. The second time my car locked into park in the middle of a busy intersection and I barely got it out of traffic when it would not move any further. Message said, " do not turn off car, put in park, or neutral, transmission service needed." Engine light was, traction indicator was on.

Car was stuck in park. Called dealer, they said turn off car and have it towed. Car would not turn off, went to Acc mode. Tow driver had to activate manual transmission to load car. Now I have to miss work, deal with rental car. I drive 37 miles to work one way and now worried I will get stranded in out in the 100 degree heat again, on a back road where I have to drive. Cannot afford new car, I want this car fixed to be SAFE.

Original review: July 19, 2017

While pumping gas in car, the gas came back out on the ground. So afraid drove home with windows down and head out of window because of fumes. Contacted Chrysler. Had car towed to Chrysler dealer. After inspection found that the fuel neck hose needed to be replaced and would take 5 days to get part. Received case number from Chrysler but they have decided that will not pay for repairs for what is surely a manufacturing problem. This part never goes out on any car ever. There could have been a major fire. So please pay attention when pumping gas. Mechanics do not know what this part is. Very disappointed with Chrysler. They have been very good until now with all of the previous issues with the care.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have a 2015 Chrysler 300 I had not drove 40,000 miles yet and having major issues with the unexpected leaks. I just had a recent transmission and coolant leak. I keep up on my maintenance and hardly drive my car a lot other than just to work and back home. One Sunday I was just heading home from the store. My car suddenly was jerking crazy and the engine light came on the car. The weird thing was the car was driving fine yesterday. When I got the vehicle diagnosed I had two funky codes F81D4 and F1D95 which was the clutch failure. I was like I did not have a clutch in the car. I did a second diagnostic and the leak suddenly appeared. My advice is don't buy a piece of ** Chrysler, the new ones are garbage.

Original review: April 28, 2017

My 2012 Chrysler 300S V6 RWD has major electrical problems. The alternator and battery had to be replaced and now the computer is going berserk at 91000 miles. Chrysler refuses to give me any help and these problems are persistent with this make and model. Please do not purchase Chrysler products.

Original review: April 28, 2017

People always seem to put on bad news before good news. I bought at 2013 300C. It is a real head-turner. All my friends comment on how beautiful it is and how nice it rides. It is approaching 90000 km. With the exception of regular oil changes the car has never had to go to the shop. I bought the extended warranty as I know cars are expensive to repair these days. My concern is I may not get my money's worth from the warranty. Great car! I would not hesitate to buy another.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

2006 Chrysler 300C Major engine failure at 89786 miles....This engine failed due to serious engine issues. {Here is what the Chrysler dealership found} Per the certified Chrysler Technician, "Upon removing the engine assy (and found engine block broken and a huge hole in the pan) catastrophic engine failure". I filed a claim with Chrysler and at the same time was told because the car was out of warranty that Chrysler couldn't help us at all. Our bill from Chrysler Fremont Ca is $9994.69. The new engine will have a 3 year warranty which is totally ridiculous!!! We deserve some type of compensation for this issue.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300 Touring with about 90,000 miles on it. I bought it with 80,000 miles about a year ago. Clean title and CarFax. No accidents. Over the past 10,000 miles this vehicle has just become a service and repair nightmare. 1st: The front suspension is rough and clunks over moderate bumps to the point it sounds like the entire front end is going to fall off. I have replaced tension struts, sway bar bushings, end links, inner tie rods, outer tie rods, intermittent steering shaft, and rack/pinion. The clunking is still there and the dealership cannot tell me why or reproduce it... in which I don't know how because it is beyond obvious. I am going to replace the upper and lower control arms next. If that doesn't fix it, I am out of options (since I will be an entire new front end).

2nd: The blower motor to the AC unit is loud and about to go out. 3rd: Engine has a 'whining" sound that I cannot describe. It appears to be running ok but something doesn't feel right about the sound. 4th: There is now a leak in the rear differential axle seal. 5th: The radio sound will just cut off for no reason at times and I have to punch the radio to get it back working. 6th: Overall just a rough ride and not smooth and quiet. I understand that all cars have items that break and need replaced but this is crazy. So far, after everything is said and done, I will be about 5K in repairs over a year with this car!!! Everyone warned me NOT to buy anything Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, but I did not listen because my 2007 Dodge Ram has been nothing but outstanding. I will never buy a Chrysler product again. They are nice looking vehicles but they use "junk" parts and have poor builds to them. People, DO NOT BUY A CHRYSLER!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I have read the listed NIGHTMARES on the Chrysler 300 and here is what happen to me. I bought a "NEW" Chrysler 300 Touring and with it was a WARRANTY called, "Chrysler Lifetime Warranty"! Not widely known, but still offered on some models today. At the time I never thought I would keep the car more than 4 years, but got the coverage anyway... "BEST THING I EVER DID"!! It covers everything mechanical on the car, "FOR MY LIFETIME--BUMPER to BUMPER". It cost about $3,200.00, but worth every penny. Up to 100,000 miles I even get a Free Rental Car.

It does cost $100.00 Deductible, but when they replaced the Nav/CD/Sirius Radio twice, the complete Strut system, Alternator, Gaskets, A/c System, evap, and blower, compressor etc, the onboard computer and more, I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Dr. says I'm gonna live a long time! I'm hoping for a new transmission or engine soon. There is 180,000 miles on it and they tried to buy it back twice so far... No way... I'm keeping this car forever, out of respect for all of you! Get the warranty for your Children... at 18 yrs old they will have the freedom of the lowest repairs on the planet!

Chrysler 300 Company Information