Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.30/5

Chevy Cruze

The Chevy Cruze is a compact car that has been manufactured since 2008. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

308 Chevy Cruze Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2019

2014 Chevy Cruze LS 1.8 - Purchased this for my work car, drive close to 25000 a year and always sitting in traffic to Boston. Have 105000 on car now, have had no problems, did breaks once but that's normal. Just did 100000 maintenance that includes timing belt, plugs, serpentine belt. Hope to drive another 3 years. car has been flawless so far.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

56,000 miles and no issues with my 2014 Chevy RS Cruze. Good MPG and rides nice. Bought it new in 2014 and like it better than the newer design. Use it as a sales vehicle, which is very easy to get in and out of. Lots of forehead room and seated upright are the reason I like this vehicle. The windshield is not in your face.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I am at 186,000 on my 2014 Cruze. Gas mileage is still high to mid 30's. I can always count on 550 to 600 miles on a tank full of gas. I use pure synthetic oil and it runs like a top. Lots of leg room in the front seats and I am amazed at how much stuff I can get into the car. No rust on it and I will always think about buying another one.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Bought a Chevy Cruze Certified Used. Took it to the same dealership Purchased at which was Stoops Buick and GMC in Plainfield Indiana. The car was running rough and took it for service. They replaced belts, hoses, tensioners, pistons, pulleys, and exhaust manifold. (Noted this is within 3 trips back in 1 and a half weeks. Started taking it July 10th 2019.) The car still wasn't fixed. Time wasted for me. Car still running rough.

It is now as I write this today July 19th 2019 at Hubler Chevrolet on US 31 South Indianapolis Indiana 46227. They are now charging me 325 dollars for a u valve replacement and when I chatted with Chevy on their website they are giving me the runaround about a refund. They said it was originally the PCV valve which was an issue for Chevy Cruzes that had to do with the turbo or something which when I mentioned should be fixed for free being my warranty and even Chevy's terrible engineering they changed it and said u valve.

I don't know if their calls to me are recorded but you can listen for yourselves Chevy. My facts are solid like you wanted. The rep at Stoops Buick GMC in Plainfield is named Jason. He is the only one named Jason in the shop there. Call 'em. Do your research now. Side note that negative battery cable issue my car had it it was at GM's fault not mine. They charged me 55 dollars to replace a factory default. Freaking Pathetic.

Original review: July 2, 2019

My first car was a Cruze 2016. I purchased it Oct. 2018. I had issues with it like a leak in a pipe which overheated my engine then Recently in May the 2016 Cruze service StabiliTrak & Service Traction control started popping up, like now what? Then it started to tremble here and there when I would go out! & I just had changed the oil within that week too. So I went back the dealership Hubert Vester Chevrolet, That day when I went back to get A diagnostic test on it, I decided to trade it in for a 2019 Chevrolet Cruze, Ok I fell in love with the car at first. It was New, the ride was smooth. I had no problems with it till today July 1th 2019 I went to my nearby grocery store. Arrived to the store with no problems. When it was time to drive back home I couldn’t believe what was going on! I started up the car. I notice my engine light was ON.

It was not there before I got to the store. Ok so soon as I put my car in Reverse my car engine started to TREMBLE like wtf this is happening! All over again! I put the car in drive. The car didn’t want to go. As I pressed down on the gas it didn’t accelerate as it should. I made it home with the grace of GOD. I was afraid not going to deny it. When I arrive home I turn off the car right then BOOM. The key is stuck to ignition, it didn’t want to come out, At this point my head is hurting. I call OnStar. They really gave me hope. Kathy I think that was her name was so nice to me. I recommend to always have OnStar. They really are there when you need them the most! They call assistant, had to get the car towed at my home. I don’t know what else to say... I don’t think I’ll ever get in a Chevrolet vehicle again. I hope everyone gets home safe at the end of the day! Be careful guys. We’ll see what tomorrow brings...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Cruze?

Original review: July 1, 2019

I traded in a Kia after it was in an accident for a 2016 Cruze Limited. I had like the car from when it first came out, design, features, fuel economy. I found out in a hurry this decision was a huge mistake. It started off being fine for the first few months, then I started noticing minor issues, to now serious issues. My front driver side tire was losing air about everyday, brought it to the dealership to have them check it, was told there was nothing wrong. Kept having the issue nowhere could figure it out, until I got new tires. 15 inch tire on a 16 inch rim from the factory. Then even with proper maintenance my passenger side from tire wears so quickly within a few months. Keep being told there is nothing wrong and it’s normal.

My windows in the back barely go down, they make a god awful bucking noise going up and down. The radio and steering controls work less than half of the time. The car locks and unlocks it self even when I don’t have my keys on me. Trunk randomly opens without any button pushed. The shifter knob came off one day as I shifted the car. The foam in the seat broke away so I’ve had to try and fix that cause metal driving into you back isn’t comfortable at all. The car right outside of the warranty started jumping at stoplights when idling. Now the car can’t climb hills without being extremely hesitant and choking.

The service StabiliTrak message came on the other day, water pump just let go causing the car to get so hot the radiator fan sounds like the commercial dryers. Purge valve went, spark plugs were just replaced, the catalytic converter needs to now be replaced. It’s never ending. I could go on and on about how much I hate this car, but if you’ve read this far you’d understand. Stay away, this car is cheaply made, and makes me never want to buy a Chevy product again.

Original review: June 18, 2019

This 2016 Chevy Cruze with only 22,000 mile required a new a/c compressor? Called dealership and Chevy stated that my warranty expired this year 2019! No help. Just a complete runaround and after already had it checked. The dealership was going to charge me $89.95 to check it out? Decided to take it on myself and here's another thing! To get to the retention pulley had to jack the engine, remove engine bolts and all brackets. Worst design ever! Please don't buy this vehicle. Nothing but serious trouble. All they kept asking, "Did you purchase extended warranty!" Money is all they want after the high cost of the vehicle. Never again!

Original review: May 25, 2019

I bought a Chevy Cruze because aesthetically it was a very nice vehicle. For about the first few months it ran nicely and was quite easy on gas, which I liked. It didn't take long though for me to figure out the vehicle was a piece of junk. Within the first 5 months of owning it, my transmission went bad as well as the output sensor on the transmission. Several of my window motors burnt out. My airbag sensors starting going bad. At the six month mark, my transmission went bad again. Thankfully it was under warranty from its previous fix. Most of my coolant system went bad, with a pricey repair. My air intake went bad and then to top it all off, the transmission died again. Again, still under warranty.

I would NEVER buy a Chevy product again! Quite frankly, after realizing how cheap their new vehicles are made, I'm surprised they can legally get away with selling this overpriced crap. Save yourselves a lot of money and just buy a Toyota or Hyundai. At least they still care about what people are spending their hard earned money on and not just trying to make a quick payday.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Worst mistake of my life! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! I bought my 2016 Chevy Cruze in March 2017. Since then my car has has had several major issues!! First it’s was the a traction control error message on the dash, then the turbo, the purge valve, overheating which led to me having to replace my water pump, water housing and all hoses! Now I have a cracked head gasket and a car I can’t drive! Keep in mind all maintenance has been kept up on this vehicle and very well taken care of! I took it to the shop 4 times blown head gasket was cracked and at first I was told they couldn’t find anything wrong with and literally within 2 weeks everything went down.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Bought 2016 in late December 2017. First thing turbo charger, 2 weeks later water pump housing, 2 weeks later bad hoses, two weeks after that the fuel valve purge canister, two weeks later transmission gasket and head gasket leaking because of overheating due to faulty reservoir not being sealed, cracked windshield wipers reservoir. Tonight I get home and battery is dead. The worse thing is it only has a 60000 Mile power train warranty. Now I know why. I purchased a extended warranty which has not covered a darn thing. I contacted my lawyer. Just can't afford to buy another car. I would rather drive a convertible Geo Metro or a Yugo at this point. At least I know what that is. None of this computer ???? and give me a car with a carburetor and a distributor cap and I will be fine. Rant over. Thank you for reading.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I bought my 2013 Cruze brand new in 2013. It was a great car at first, no problems and a very smooth ride. That all quickly changed 4 years down the road. I had an oil leak. Went to a Chevrolet dealership to get it looked at. They ended up having to rebuild the engine twice because they could not figure out why my car was leaking oil. The dealership had my car for almost a month doing all of the work. My car had less than 50k miles on it. The total cost of the rebuild was almost $20k. My car wasn't even worth $10k at that point.

Chevrolet had just wasted money on repairing it instead of just taking the hit and keeping it. Fast forward 2 years I am back at another Chevrolet dealership because I had a message come on twice saying "AC turn off due to high engine temp". I didn't even have my A/C on. Turns out that the water pump is leaking, the water outlet housing has to be replaced, the lower trans cooler lines on radiator is leaking which is going to cost about $2k to fix. It's just been one problem after another and far too many leaks. More money has gone to repairs than what the car is actually worth. I am definitely going to be getting rid of this car as soon as I can.

Original review: April 25, 2019

To whom it may concern, In February 2011, I purchased a brand new 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT. Unfortunately, the vehicle has not been satisfactory. This car is ONLY 8 years old with about 67,000 miles. Since having this car we had to have the water pump replaced TWICE, water pump inlet replaced TWICE, ECU replaced TWICE, coolant leak fixed TWICE, oil leak fixed once but it needs to be fixed AGAIN, valve covers need to be replaced AGAIN, trans cooler lines replaced, alternator replaced, a weird burning plastic smell anytime we use the heat or air conditioning, turn signal on bumper unhooked itself and fell out while driving & the current issue at hand is, it needs a new Turbo, it has an oil leak, valve leak & still a strong burning plastic smell!

With that being said, unfortunately we are not at all happy with this vehicle. As I am sure you can appreciate, I rely on my car for transport and apart from the inconvenience, this problem has also caused me to incur additional costs. We have a 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier with over 100,000 miles & this car has never given us anywhere close to the amount of problems the Cruze has given us! Not only paying over $16,000 for this vehicle, we put way more money into the Cruze than it is worth.

I have opened multiple claims so I am not writing to open yet another claim for nothing to get done! I know that I am not the only person with a Cruze with these problems! There are plenty of forums listing the same exact issues I am having as well! I made a horrible investment in your product & now my family is basically screwed. The Cruze was our main means of transportation however we can’t afford to fix any more issues with this car for it to break a month or 2 from now. Unfortunately, it has been & still is just sitting in our driveway because we don’t have the means to pay around about $1500 to fix it. I do not feel I got my money’s worth out of this car & with a child, I fear for his life every time we would get into this vehicle.

Original review: April 20, 2019

2016 Chevy Cruze. The car has less than 60k and the valve cover just started sucking air. The spark plugs are bad but that happens and the tranny is acting up. I just spent 14k on this car and it's **. Never again will I buy a Chevy. What a waste of time and money. Mazda for life.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze brand new in 2012, and now the car is 7 years old, but only has 59,744 miles on it, and my transmission just went, it's toast, I need to replace it. Of course the car is no longer under warranty, so I have to pay for it out of pocket all on my own. The dealership gave me a quote of approx $6300.00, which I will need to take out a loan to get my car fixed, the car isn't even worth that much, but I cannot trade it or sell it the way it is, I can't even drive it.

I called GM & the dealership to see if I could get some kind of help/compensation, and I got a big fat NO! When I bought the car, it only had good reviews, now the reviews are terrible and ALL ON BAD TRANSMISSIONS!! All were on the 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2017. GM should have recalled these cars and repaired them at GM's expense, not the owners expense! This is really bad business, it's unbelievable and totally unacceptable! I don't understand it... it's funny, when you're buying a car, they wanna help you, but when you have a problem, you get NOTHING! It's just not right. I'll NEVER EVER EVER buy another Chevy, ever again!!!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

Bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco brand new, cute, good gas mileage, good safety ratings and a great car first few years. Mind you I maintenanced this car when supposed to, did not dog it when driving. Pay it off at roughly a 100,00 miles and BAM everything breaks on this car. I have put $4500 into this car after paying off. It has become a black-hole! Do NOT recommend if you want a car to last for many years.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought this 2017 Chevrolet Cruze brand new with 8 miles on it. 3k miles the service traction control came on, on the dash. I took it to Chevy the next morning (by this point, it was back off). The dealership couldn't find anything wrong with it. Somewhere between 3k miles and 12k miles, I started having problems with the car unlocking with the keyfob. I took it back in, they told me to use the 2nd keyfob because they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I did. Does it with the 2nd keyfob and I lose a headlight. I take the car back in the next morning, they tell me that cell phone signals sometimes mess with it. They also say that my body module control went out. It was replaced.

Take it in for many more reasons over the last year and a half. Car seems to want to stall, can't find anything wrong with it. Auto stop doesn't come on after stopping at a stop sign. Can't find anything wrong with it. Door lock problems for a year and a half. Finally replace the door lock sensor. Seems to take care of that issue after a year and a half of ** about it. 3 Recalls/bulletins fixed. Radio screen messes up, can't find anything wrong with it. Car alarm goes off for no reason, can't find anything wrong with it.

I have been fighting with GM, got a lawyer, lawyer didn't even fight for me! Now I sit here with a car I paid way too much for (live and learn), and can't get rid of because I still owe too much. This car is a lemon and NO ONE CARES! No one cares that you leave work at 1,2, or 3 am and the car won't unlock. I will never buy anything from GM again. Ever. GM lost a lifetime customer. P.S. This is just a little bit of the things I've been dealing with.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Completely awful company with zero regard for consumer satisfaction. I purchased a 2014 Chevy Cruze and since day 1, the car has had consistent issues. I was in the shop just about every day for a month, taking the car back about 8 times for various issues related to not starting and overheating. I had not been able to drive the car for a full week and even went past the expiration date on my temporary tags because the car kept messing up. The service department kept missing things and making mistakes which prompted my quick return 2-3 days after picking it up, each time.

I contact GM and they’re telling me nothing can done as far as reimbursements because I popped two tires in their loaner vehicle, which they are calling a wreck, and charging me over $2,000 for. Before billing me over $2,000 however, they held my car hostage until I paid $500 to get it back. Which I had to take back 2 days later!!! Meanwhile I have missed days in school, work, and my internship because of this car. I’m down over $1,000 in diagnostic costs, Ubering, etc. This company is completely awful and I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle, I will NEVER speak good things about this company, and I will NEVER recommend ANYBODY to purchase a GM brand vehicle. Completely and utterly terrible.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I brought this Chevy Cruze 2012 1.8L off the car lot brand new. Is have been a lemon from the beginning. In the first month it was leaking radiator fluid between the motor and engine. Electric problems losing power out the gate. Chevy dealership replace the wiring harness twice. Still had the same problem. Transmission module went bad. The ECM module went bad. I have had problems every year. Leaking oil to everything that can go wrong. A nightmare since I had it. I should have made them give me a new one within 30 days. I learned my lesson. I will never own a Chevy car again. They are horrible. always electrical issues that’s out of your control. I don’t give them no stars.

Original review: March 26, 2019

If your Cruze seems to have electrical problems: slow starting, no power in key start position, random lights or accessories coming on while starting, not able to communicate with on board computer using a scan tool, turn signals not working, back up light stuck, and various check engine light for example: stability control when you turn ignition on then save yourself time and change the main fuse box under the hood! Not sure what causes these things to go bad, but I have a 2014 1.4 Cruze Turbo and I have experience all of the above at random times. I had to jump start car many times and battery seem to discharge. The starter motor turns slow or sometimes not at all. If on level ground I could sometimes rock car back and forth and get it start. Sometimes I could use the auto start and it would work, but got all kind of weird lights on dash with flasher and wipers start working for some reason.

Finally, it stopped starting altogether and jumping had no effect. When I tried to start car there was no power in the start position, but you can hear starter relay clicking in fuse however, starter would not crank engine. I suspected a bad battery or starter so I changed with new parts with no effect. I verified I was not having a wiring issue by connecting a jumper wire from battery to starter wire of the starter and starter motor engaged but engine would not start with key in ignition No position. I hooked up an engine scan tool and at first it detected the car by VIN number, but then issued generic u0100 codes. There were six of them for the six module that are installed in the car I believe. The scan tool displayed unable to communicate with host control module. At this point, I believed problem was with either the ECU or the fuse box.

I replaced fuse box first (new from dealer). They are about 200.00, but I got a used one from junk yard at 40.00 (very easy to remove and install), since I did not have correct tool for re-programming new ECU with my engine specification and theft deterrent data (this is a dealer or certified Auto tech job!) This correct the problem. Now all I have to do is figure out why fuse box died. My alternator is running a bit high with 15.4 volts at 2000 rpm, so maybe that my have been to cause of fuse box short. The ground cable was already upgraded when I purchased used in 2016. It had 24k miles on it and I put another 25k since then, but this problem start in 2017 onward. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks for listening and have fun.

Original review: March 4, 2019

This is an brief overview of my experience with my Chevrolet and with General Motors in the last year. Back in early 2018, I chose to trust GM and factory ordered a new Cruze... And since the day following delivery, I started facing malfunctions with that vehicle, which accumulated and escalated ever since, despite dealership service departments’ best efforts and multiple part replacements. Basics: 2018 Chevrolet Cruze LT 6M Diesel, delivered 15 Feb 2018. Malfunctions: Since delivery... Blank dashboard, misfiring engine (for several months), diesel particulate filter regeneration failures (occurrences seem to happen randomly, and are still unexplained by GM), multiple vehicle “alerts” (over 25 check engine light/OnStar error code occurrences). Initial delivery was delayed by weeks since vehicle inspection had revealed malfunctions that needed to be fixed.

Remediation: All these malfunctions resulted in at least eight specific trips (often multi-day) to my dealership service department (obviously not including standard maintenance), and multiple part replacements (including EGR valve and fuel injectors - some taking well over a month to reach the dealership). Pointing out my vehicle does not live up to the most basic expectations one could reasonably have with a new car, I have given GM ample time and opportunities (through their standard “Customer Care” and escalation processes) to offer a reasonable resolution. Their response is there is no “lemon law” in Canada, and they have been diligent in dealing with these issues according to the warranty terms.

As a conclusion, the accumulation and escalation of technical issues with my vehicle would have led me to recommend against similar engine (1.6 diesel) vehicles (current generation Cruze, Equinox and Terrain). General Motors blatant refusal to stand by their product and reputation now leads me to recommend against any of their products.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I bought a 2015 Chevy Cruze and a Ford Escape. Chevy Cruze has been in the garage for about 8 months. It won’t start and I had only had it 3 months. Credit score from 600 to 450. Thank you Ford! I should be reimbursed for not being able to buy a house. Every month it goes up and then the creditor drops it about 41 points. This is sad???

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

2011 Chevy Cruze. All the recalls were never done and were signed off on and the back window shattered from a malfunction and won't replace it. Never again will I ever go and buy a Chevy. Ford takes care of you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Me and my wife decided to upgrade from 2004 Impala to 2014 Chevy Cruze 1.8L Ecotec. I wish I would of did my research because this car is complete garbage. The service StabiliTrak always flashing and Lithia Chevrolet can't figure it out. Happened 3 times last year 2017, PCV valve broke 5 times last year 2017, negative battery cable was replaced, positive battery cable was replaced and the injectors tick when they sure in the hell didn't when we bought it. I was truly a Chevy man but now I despise Chevy for what they have become Lithia Chevrolet will not help AT ALL!!! Because it's past warranty so I had to take out multiple loans last year just to get it fixed. It's roughly around $10,000. Me and my wife don't make a lot of money. I'm at $15hr and she's at $14hr.

This car is literally destroying our life. We are in so much debt with this car for fixing. I could have bought one outright by now. This is ridiculous. Something needs to happen. Chevrolet needs to take action for what they distribute to their customers. This car is absolutely 100% a LEMON. It will not stay in good condition. It will break. Even people at the dealership said this thing is a **. I mean your own people for God sake. Wish they would have warned me before. DON'T BUY A CRUZE!!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Bought my 2014 Chevy Cruze new. I have had all manner of problems with this car. Just after warranty period parts starting failing one after another. For example:

Negative Battery Cable 12/30/2018, New Ignition Coil 12/26/2018, Intake Manifold 10/13/2018 because PVC problem and orange nipple missing from intake manifold, Positive Crank Ventilation (PCV) Valve Pipe with Bypass Valve Tube 10/09/2018, Vapor Canister Purge Valve 9/13/2018, Engine Valve Cover 5/17/2018, also got check engine light for Knock sensor early 2018. Now car sits in driveway with 0 compression in third cylinder, and no more money to fix it. Cylinders 1, 2, and 4 all show 215 psi during compression testing. I will never buy a new GM Vehicle again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I purchased a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze from a family member back in 2015 who had purchased it brand new back in the day. I finished paying off the car at the end of 2018 and this is when my troubles started (143000 km). While on the highway during heavy rain the wipers just stopped working! This was by far the scariest moment I've ever had, I was completely blind and there was no shoulder lane to pull into...

My mechanic took a look and was advised the motor for the wipers had to be replaced... About a month after that the Defrost was no longer working, it seems to lever inside the dash was broken and required 7 hours of labor to fix it. My boyfriend has the same car as me since he saw how much I loved it (he has the turbo) and his defrost stopped working right around the same time as me... We called GM and they were aware of the issue but were not willing to help us, even if it was a safety concern. 2000$ later and everything seems to be ok. I love my car, and hope that despite the reviews I wont run into any major repairs for a while.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I purchased a used Chevrolet Cruze and in the next 3 days the engine light came on. After I got the transmission replaced. 2 weeks later was the battery. 1 month later I was on my way to work and the car began to break down and only would go backwards. So I got it towed. And then guess what... 3 weeks later another issue popped up. I finally got rid of the car because of the money I put in it was ridiculous in the first 3 months I had it. I've had other friends that had similar issues with their car as well. Avoid Chevrolet Cruze. Please. The car only had 32,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I bought a 2011 Chevy Cruze in February of that year after reading about the car in the newspaper for months. I was very excited to have it. I believe it cost about $24,000 and paid it off in about 4 years. It has been to the dealership for recalls maybe 3 or 4 times in 8 years? I think I have put about $7,000 into the car for repairs and tow charge costs. In no particular order:

1. Went through 4 batteries, stranded 3x in town. 2. Big oil problems 4x (2 were over $300 each). 3. Water pump/fluid system 3x (got stranded 1x 100 miles from home in rural AZ during summer with 2 large dogs, $350 tow charge to Phoenix, had to have someone else come and transport dogs for me -- other 2x were in town and was able to get to local mechanic, had to be towed 1x for that a mile from home). 4. Tires stripped off chunks of rubber with less than 500 miles, dealership replaced but blamed me for it.

5. Transmission 2x (stranded on highway again both times tow charges of $280 and $300, also had to have someone come and get dogs). 6. Some other thing within a few months and dealership towed it out of my garage--would not start, no idea why. I just got it back from the dealer for the transmission repair that was still under warranty. The local mechanic said it has a transmission leak--dealer won't repair. It's going to cost me another $1,050 as oil has some other problem again.

I always get the oil changed a bit before it is time. I do not always go to the dealership because it is too expensive. We have gone to a certified mechanic in town for 15 years, they have all kinds of awards--they did not touch the transmission, sent me to the dealer. I do everything the mechanics tell me to do to the car. The Chevy Cruze has 132,000 miles on it. We also have a Hyundai with over 200,000 miles on it. I paid $5,000 for that car used and have put about $6,000 into it over the years.

Some mechanics have shook their head when they hear it is a 2011. I think I got a lemon. No one has had the decency to tell me it is not a good car. I have been offered to buy a new vehicle, especially from the dealership where the car was towed on 12/23/18. They gave me a loaner. Dealership had the car for 24 days. I cannot afford to replace the car. Every time something goes wrong, I think--well, this is it. I should be pre-disastered for another year.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze, I purchased this car in 2015 with 22000 miles on it. When this car reached a little over 25000 car the engine light came on, got a computer reading, it came up Mass Air Flow Sensor, got it replaced. Now I am at a little over 34000 miles and the engine light came on again, and what did the computer reading come up? Mass Air Flow Sensor.

In the meantime the car is jerking, spitting, and giving hesitation, so I call the 1 800 number for Chevy. Talked to a guy and he said I would have to take it to a Chevy dealership and pay for it to put on another computer reading and then they would open a case, and it would have to go in front of a whatever they want to call themselves, and then they would let me know if I get it either way. I told them I can't wait. I need my car, now not only did the Mass Air Filter Sensor go the battery went dead and now the PVC valve went on it. I am so pissed and they think everybody makes the money they do, so know I have to come up with the money to fix this. Absolute **!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I purchased a 2014 Chevy Cruze with only 8k miles on it. This car has been nothing but problems. While still under the 100k warranty, the PC valve has failed twice. Since the Cam cover and PC Valve are all one part, it costs a bit more. My car is no longer under warranty and the PC Valve has failed again. This vehicle has had proper maintenance. At 108k miles the intake manifold is missing the non-return valve. I am told that over time this part gets sucked in causing the fuel tramline code to go off which causes the PC Valve to continuously fail (a dealership should have caught this back in August 2017 but that's a different rant for a different day). The cam actuators are leaking, the Cadillac converter is failing and the underboost-turbocharger is also failing. I have never had a car go bad with only 108,000 miles! Especially with regular maintenance. Needless to say, even though my family works at GM, I will never purchase another Chevy.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

By far the worst car I have ever owned, 2011 Chevy Cruze. Paid 10,000 for it have put 8,000 in repairs in it before 100,000 miles. Will NEVER buy a GM product in my lifetime. Was a Chevy owner for over 30 years, will now buy Ford or Toyota.The transmission,ignition, heat, air, have all had problems. After they were bailed out by the government, they are out to screw every day hardworking people.

Chevy Cruze Company Information