2.31/5
Based on 58 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Chevy Cruze

The Chevy Cruze is a compact car that has been manufactured since 2008. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

271 Chevy Cruze Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

This has to be the worst vehicle I have ever experience in my 55 year life. It all started when I went with my daughter to help her buy her First car in September 2014. We went to several dealerships and looked at almost a dozen vehicles until she finally decided to buy a 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ with just over 55,000 miles on it for $15,300 ($20,232 after financing). After checking all the reviews and ratings online I gave her my blessing and the deed was done. Then, the nightmare began...

It took nearly TWO YEARS to get a second key from the dealer; No biggie one might think. While waiting for the second key, we were in a constant battle with the dealer about the tires constantly losing air pressure and got every excuse in the book. They claim they replaced the TPS sensors twice, and still the system was constantly saying the tires were low about every two months. Additionally, she complained (and I witnessed) a constant coolant smell but no apparent leaks... dealer found nothing.

In September 2015 the "Stabilitrak" and "Traction" lights came on and the radio was shutting off. This was attributed to the now infamous "Negative Battery Cable" TSB and they also reprogrammed the ECM due to another TSB at that time, thankfully under warranty. In April 2016, with the coolant smell still not solved we actually finally found a coolant leak at the weep hole on the water pump and took it back to the dealer. The dealer said it wasn't covered and we had to pay until our personal mechanic found a TSB (G 208432) about the KNOWN problem and after presenting the dealership with the TSB, they acquiesced and performed the replacement at no charge.

In early September 2016, my daughter pulled up in front of our house and as she got out of the car, heard a loud "whoosh" sound. I was on the front porch and heard the sound also. Upon inspection, her passenger side rear tire was flat. I helped her to change the tire and what I found horrified me. There was no nails or holes in the tire, but the entire inner (car side) of the tire was dry rotted and had simple blown out a six inch gash in the sidewall of the tire. Closer inspection revealed that all four tires were dry rotted, but only on the car body side of the tires. The dealership had never even mentioned this on any of the many visits we made when complaining of the "Low Tire" issue over two years.

The car had 55,010 miles on it when purchased in September 2014 and at the time of this failure, not quite two years later only had 61,957 miles on it. When my daughter had bought the "CERTIFIED" used car in 2014 we were told it came with "Tires for Life" by the dealer, so we put the spare on and I drove it back to the dealer and explained what happened. The Service Manager told me that "Tires for Life" didn't cover dry rot, it was considered a manufacturer issue. I went to the Sales Manager we had bought the car from and he had a discussion with the Service Manager and she got four new tires, no cost.

(For the record, my second daughter also bought her first car at the same dealer, a Chevy HHR, and about six months after this incident she had a catastrophic blowout. Three quarters of the tread surface separated from the body of the tire. She also had "Tires for Life" but the dealership would not replace her tire/tires, again saying it was a "Manufacturers defect" and the Sales Manager was no longer working there.)

Moving forward to Winter 2017, and the Chevy Cruze is now leaking oil, but it is not clear where. It's not much at first and we honestly just thought that the Jiffy Lube had spilled some oil while doing her oil change. Honestly we had thought it had stopped over the winter of 2017/18 but, in the April 2018 it was back. We took it back to where my daughter had the oil changed and they said that the gasket on the oil drain plug was bad and replaced it and all seemed well.

In late June my wife and I used the car to take a 200 mile trip. (My daughter enlisted in the Army in November 2017 and had been in training from Nov. 2017 through late May 2018. In July she was sent to her first assignment in South Korea, so we had been occasionally using her car to keep everything from seizing up.) On our way home, the check engine light came on and the AC stopped working, but there was no other indicators from the car as to what was going on. We pulled over and I checked under the hood and the Coolant level in the reservoir was quite low and there was the old familiar coolant smell from under the hood, but no apparent source for the leak or steam. We drove carefully for about 2 miles and got coolant and refilled the reservoir, but the engine light was still on.

I checked the oil and it was about a 1/2 quart low, so I topped that off also (I had checked before our trip and both levels were good!) but the check engine light would not go off. As we were only about twelve miles from home and the car wasn't running rough or smoking I carefully drove back roads until we got it home. I took it to my mechanic on Monday and right away he found the coolant leak in the plastic connector on the overflow return, a pinhole leak that shot a fine stream of coolant straight down on the ground when the car had heated up (Yet another very common Cruze problem). He then plugged in his OBD II reader and the code that came back with a turbocharger issue (you guessed it, the infamous cracked turbocharger problem)... $1994 later, and now we just wait to see what the next in the long list of known Chevy Cruze issues we get to enjoy next.

Oh, I almost forgot. My daughter informed me that we also have the "Water leaking into passenger side front floor from rain/snow through the AC hose through the firewall PI-1302" when I told her during video chat about the Turbocharger problem and the coolant leak. So add that to our "been there, experienced that one" list of the myriad KNOWN problems with the 2012 Chevy Cruze. I've spent way too much of my retired life the past week or so searching the net and finding out just how unreliable and problem-ridden the early Cruzes are. It's so bad that most Car repair sites and forums refer to the 2011 through 2015 Cruzes as "Generation 1" and 2016 and on as "Generation 2". So apparently the newer ones are not "as" bad, but again all you have to do is look on Cruze forums and find out they're still having issues.

Overall, I feel horrible for allowing my daughter to buy this car. There are over 1900 TSB's on the 2012 Cruze alone, and it is rated on one site as the second worst car to by, behind the 2011 Cruze! My daughter is deployed to South Korea for a year and as soon as she gets back, I will be taking her out to find another car, before one of the other known nightmares occur. Trust me, it will not be a Chevrolet product. And for the record, I will also never buy another vehicle... used, certified or whatever, from Jerry's Chevrolet, 1940 East Joppa Road, Baltimore, MD 21234. Two vehicles for my two daughters bought within two months, and both had crappy tires that literally could have killed my daughters, no courtesy, ignorant and very lucky I'm not a younger man. Hand down the worst dealership I have ever dealt with.

Original review: July 23, 2018

2017 Cruze Hatchback: New lease in 2017 - casing of driver's side window, infotainment center never worked. It's been replaced but new one does same thing and two dealerships can't seem to figure it out. Was locked out regularly or car wouldn't start (this is the keyless entry). Car back in shop again because a bar needs to be replaced. It takes days for them to figure things out. Lease a car should be problem free. This car purchase is like a used car. I hate this car and will never purchase a GM product again. Counting the days down until this lease is up.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Twice while driving, my 2016 Chevy Cruze has gotten stuck at 3-4 rpms and when you hit the breaks the car won't stop it starts bucking forward fighting against me pressing as hard as I can on the brake pedal. Luckily I came up to a red light and was able to throw my car in park and shut it off. I waited a few seconds and turned it back on and it was back to normal after hearing a loud clunk from under my hood. Both times it's happened there was no shoulder to pull off on.

The first time it happened I panicked and didn't know what to do and it almost caused me to go out into traffic. I took it to the dealership they said nothing's wrong and they couldn't recreate it. Here I am 7 months later and it just did it again. I figured I should write a review to warn others and to see if this has happened to anyone else. It's very scary. Up until my car did this I was very satisfied with my car. Though that's not saying much because I used to drive a Nissan Sentra which is total crap.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Let's preface this by saying that I have always been a very loyal Chevrolet customer. Growing up I talked my dad into buying a 2000 Silverado 1500, 2003 Chevrolet Suburban, 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD, and also a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD. A few of the cars I have owned have been a 1993 Chevrolet S10, 2002 Chevrolet Impala, 1989 Chevrolet Corvette, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. So we have been quite loyal to Chevy.

In 2014 I decided to buy a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze as a new reliable daily driver to get to and from work. It now has 66000 miles on it and I have had more problems than I can count with it. But this one problem is pushing me over the edge and Chevrolet's lack of support is appalling. Recently the Passenger Seatbelt has stopped latching. The Buckle fell apart! This is a SAFETY ITEM and both GM customer service and the Chevrolet Dealer refused to replace it because the car is outside of warranty. I don't care what the warranty is. ANY SAFETY item should not fail after 60000 miles... Especially the Passenger side considering it has very few cycles on it...

As far as I am concerned this very easily could be a full blown RECALL. If I were to drive get into an accident with a passenger in the car before I realized it was broken it would 100% be on GM. And the fact I brought it to their attention and they were not at all surprised and refused to help me out just makes me wonder how many more of these safety issues they are aware of and covering up... Think "Ignition Switch"... This is only one of the many issues I have had with this car already.

A few of the other ones include a front valance that the dealership can't get to stay attached without flapping. No I don't drive it into curbs and I take great care of this car. This was a problem from Day 1 with 50 miles on the car. At 35000 miles the leather on the steering wheel started cracking. Luckily this was replaced under warranty. 43000 miles the ignition coil went bad and they refused to replace it because it is not covered under powertrain warranty. And at 50000 miles the driver side window holder snapped and dropped the window from half way up.

Luckily it didn't shatter but did render the window unusable for multiple days until I got it fixed. Again they refused to cover it because it was out of warranty. There have been others that I have missed but these are the major problems so far. Needless to say I was in the market for a new 1 ton diesel truck in the near future and I can say there is a very strong chance that it will not be a Chevrolet after this. My loyalty has worn off.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Cruze RS hatchback brand new, in fact this was my first car to purchase ever. I wish someone would have told me this was going to be the worst decision I could ever make! At 6000 miles my car started to drive somewhat rough, started noticing my fuel mileage change. At 6300 miles my car went into the shop for the first time. I explained to them that it was jerking bad, my fuel mileage had dropped to about 25mpg, and I sometimes smelt an odd smell through a/c vents. After 4 days they couldn’t get it to “replicate” so they told me to bring it back if I had any more issues. Moving forward a month, the smell had started to happen often... It’s like burnt rubber, clutch burning mixed with boiling antifreeze smell. I was down to an average of about 20mpg, I was losing power and often didn’t have any boost.

Once again I was told they can’t “replicate” the issue and without a code they can’t fix what isn’t wrong. Moving forward at 7400 miles it goes back into the shop because this time it has no power while getting on the highway, my kiddo got sick from the smell while sitting in traffic and now I’m getting about 15mpg... Not to mention it’s still shifting hard and making a knock sound every now and then. If I tried to remote start my car it would unlock not lock nor start and then finally the key fobs had me locked out of my car because they altogether stopped working. So they informed me that there was an issue with key fobs, they fixed that, they told me that clearly there is an issue with my car but without a code they can’t fix it because the dealership will not get paid for the work.

I was told to keep driving my car until the problem got worse. I was completely shocked by that statement, I drive a road every day that I can’t pull over if something happens. It’s 15 miles of 2 way county road. We have contacted GM but of course we haven’t heard back from anyone, the dealership has finally felt something when going about 50 mph but again without a code they have nothing to fix! I remember a time not to long ago that cars were repaired without computers and customer service existed. The dealership told me that I could contact GM but that they wouldn’t. I get that there are systems in place and orders to follow but clearly something needs to happen!

I’m disgusted and beside myself that I own a car with less than 10,000 miles and it is having so many issues and the only excuse I get is, "There isn’t a code so we can’t fix it." The safety of my family and I has been avoided and conversation that nobody wants to have with me. Any advice would be very appreciated, I’m really at a loss and have no idea what to do. I owe to much to trade it in, but I’m getting to the point where taking a loss might be my only option. Please help!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Cruze?

Original review: July 4, 2018

Have a 2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS. Bought it used with 21,000 miles on it. I haven’t even opened it. Two years I’ve already had to replace my PCV valve nine times, my turbo three times, I’ve had to replace my purge valve, my negative battery terminal which was on recall. The car has no power to it. Has a hard shift loud. Luckily I have an extended warranty but a lot of the stuff is not covered underneath it so I’ve spent probably about $20,000 fixing it in less than two years. Chevy knows of all these problems but doesn’t care about its customers. Seeking a lawyer.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I drive a 2014 Chevy Cruze. I love my car but the stability track is an ongoing problem with this car. Seems like it needs to be replaced once a year. Upset this car has this ongoing problem. We should not have to pay for it to be fixed over and over. They know this is an ongoing problem should be covered after the third time. This car gets great gas mileage and rides smooth. I like everything but the paying to fix same thing is just wrong. My car is not that old.

Original review: June 24, 2018

This 2015 Chevy Cruze LTZ is junk. It overheats. The air-conditioner doesn’t work properly. It leaks oil in the transmission; had black water coming out!! It does not shift. Don’t want to go when the air-conditioner's on. The engine runs loud and rough. It has electrical problems and a couple of times I thought it was going to catch on fire. The car is unsafe and needs to be recalled. I am seeking a lawyer. This is the worst car I’ve ever owned! Only 50,000 miles and I put $50,000 into it. It seems like in Chevy doesn’t care they rip the poor people off.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love the 2012 Chevy Cruze and its tail lights. I like the comfort, the look, how it drives and how you can take your car inside. It has great gas miles for the car too. However, I would put an upgraded radio in every car so it's safe to talk on your phone. And have fog lights on all the cars so it looks the same. Also, I would be looking for sunroof. I will be buying a newer model and I will be looking soon. I like the lights and tail lights of the newer cars so that's why I want one.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I love my Chevy Cruze and am very happy that I ended up choosing the one that I did. It fits me and my style and was within my budget. I wasn't sure what car exactly I wanted when I went shopping, but as soon as I sat down in the Cruze, I knew it was going to end up being my car. I like the size of the vehicle, and how it makes me feel when I sit inside of it. The overall look of the car is what really caught my eye. I really like the look of sporty cars, but they were really far out of my budget.

I really enjoy that the car lets me plug in my phone (at the time it was my iPod). This then allows me to pull up something like Pandora and play my own music. The acoustics were also very nice throughout. In my last car, I could never really be happy with the sound quality. I like how the car makes me feel when I drive, but I know that there is not a lot of room in the backseat for my passengers. Also, I know that it isn't the safest putting a car seat back there for children. If I was redesigning the model, I would give it a little but more room back there.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Got a 2015 Chevy Cruze a year ago. Have had nothing but problems with it, in the last two months a tire sensor went out and now the water pump at 72000 miles. Had taken it to to well known good shop and paid 100 for a diagnostic and they only found the water pump is out but Chevy would not hold up to their warranty because it wasn't a GM certified dealer. So got a hold of Chevy. They said for them to cover it had to go to a GM certified dealer and I explained that I do not trust their dealer in Minot, ND. They would not give in so called the dealer and they could not get it in for a week. I did not drive the car. It sat in my driveway and now all of a sudden they said that the radiator is leaking as well. That is not covered in the warranty and will cost over 600. Once it's out of the shop I am trading it in and never buying a Chevy again. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have enjoyed my Cruze so much, but there are a few things that need upgraded. It needs a bigger LCD Screen for back up Camera and touchscreen. And the hands free texting should be available without having to subscribe to Onstar. I also wish it came standard with wheels and tint on windows, the center console needs to be a little bigger and the cup holders bigger. Other than that I have no complaints. I love hands free talking, and I love that it's a six speed. I love the USB compatibility and the quietness inside of the car while driving is amazing. When you shut the doors your ears pop. It's so sound proof. It was sporty and number one because it was Chevrolet.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I’ve had my car (2017 Chevrolet Cruze) for 3 months and every time I’m driving my backdoors open up. I’ve taking it to the shop numerous times for this. One of the many time my 5 yr old son almost fell out to be hit by a speeding car. THANK GOD for that seatbelt. I even went on a ride In it with the Chevrolet service dealer manager and he witnessed it happen twice and tried to say the doors wasn’t closed all the way. They need to be slammed. Now I’ve had plenty of vehicles and never had to slam a door for them to stay closed. I’m currently seeking an attorney because I can’t risk one of my children because they don’t want to fix the problem.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Took my 2013 Chevy Cruze to the dealership, for my drive assist feature that was no longer working (side mirror light for assistance), and for an incident of driving down interstate at 70 mph, and having all the electrical inside the vehicle go black! I had no idea how fast I was even going!!! The service man said that the modules for those are completely corroded, and needed replaced, and what caused the blackout in my car! So that came to $1104! I also had another incident of backing out of a parking space and my driveway, when I went to brake, the brake was hard and I could not stop right away! There is a recall for the brake vacuum pump for the 2011-2012, for the EXACT same issue with my car (2013), but no recall for mine! This cost, $460! So I am almost at $1700 on a vehicle that is 5 years old, that I just paid off!!

I called Chevrolet, but customers do not matter, they would not help me at all with anything! What happened to keep the customer happy? WHY are you putting electric modules behind wheel wells, unprotected?? I’m not an engineer, but the trunk seems the logical place?? Why should I have to pay $1104 for you, Chevy, for failing to make a dependable/reliable car that can last more than 5 years WITHOUT major repairs?? I am scared to drive this vehicle, it is NOT SAFE, and CHEVY is putting my family’s life and other families in danger! Do what’s right Chevy, and make these recalls! I am so disappointed, disappointed enough to start looking for a vehicle I can rely on. This was a car I was proud of, and took care of, not anymore. And I will make sure that anyone and everyone I know, doesn’t make the same mistake I did!

Original review: June 17, 2018

So far the Chevrolet Cruze has been working out pretty well, mileage is pretty good, and it burns through gas a bit but compared to my last car I am perfectly okay with that. It has a auxiliary port and a CD player. Automatic lights are a nice touch too. The trunk space is pretty big which is a great thing. I wish it had seat warmers and a sunroof but that is not something that is necessary when buying a car.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My Chevrolet Cruze is pretty old and outdated compared to the newer cars on the market. The newer model of the Cruze is so much better compared to the 2014 version. I like that my car warms up quickly, I get good gas mileage, and it has Bluetooth hands free talking and that I can connect my phone to listen to my music instead of the radio. And I chose this car because it was within my price range and it's good but it's not really up to my standards. I dislike the color. It's an ugly grayish that I've grown tired of. The tires are always going low & the radio system is outdated. I'd love something touchscreen as well as with back up cameras and motion detection features.

Original review: June 15, 2018

It gets great gas mileage which was a very important factor when I bought it. It is a nice, comfortable ride. I wanted a small car that was easy to travel in but large enough for our family of five. I love the size of the trunk. I am able to fit all of my groceries or anything we need for sports etc. The trunk is a good size compared to most cars although the back seat is not quite as roomy as I wish. I have three kids and they barely all fit in the backseat when we had car seats. And as they grown leg space has been a problem. Also, there is no cruise control. And I wish there were some better radio features such as a station scan. It seems petty but it is something I always used in other cars.

Nevertheless, I chose the Chevy Cruze for dependability and it was a fair price. It's a reliable car that we knew we could trust. We have not had to make any repairs since we've purchased it three years ago so it has been a great value. We tend to prefer Chevrolet over other car brands to support local plants. I value American products more, although not all components are made in the States I'm sure. I prefer to be more practical when purchasing a car and I have enjoyed the Chevy Cruz thus far.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Everybody seems to love this car! This Chevrolet Cruze has been a fun car and looks sporty! I bought this car for my son so he could drive it to school. It is safe and easy to drive. The best feature is a safety feature which is the warning system alarm for changing lanes. I also like it a lot because it has a hatchback which is convenient for hauling my son's guitar. We also love its beautiful red color. Another neat feature is that you can start the car remotely, which is nice in winter. It has heated seats which my son likes for added warmth in winter. I wish it had a sunroof and that it had been available in different color upholstery other than black. You could get those things in the next step up, but it was an added cost. But so far so good!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I like the sleek design which I've been able to customize very easily. I really like the 12 gallon tank which is only around 20-25 dollars to fill and the car gets 30 city, 45-50 hwy miles per gallon with a manual trans and eco model. Also when it runs properly the turbo whistle is never disappointing! However, I've had many issues with the car (2012 Chevy Cruze). It's at 120,000 miles and I've replaced the trans, clutch, all the coolant pieces from the reservoir, clutch pulley seal, serpentine belt, PCV hose, 4 valve covers, temp coolant sensors, and I need to do my leaking oil cooler. Basically it falls apart real quick. I would like less plastic parts and longer lasting gaskets. With that being said the aluminum parts I keep damaging as well because they aren't strong. I don't mind paying more if it gets me a better product but this replacing 4 plastic valve covers is ridiculous. I just want some durable parts I don't have to change every year.

Original review: June 12, 2018

So far we really love our car! It's amazing on gas and beautiful on the outside & inside. We can fit both of my girls in the car & it's absolutely what we needed in a car! It has OnStar, a touchscreen for the radio & it does have a camera in the back so once we back up we can see behind us just by looking on the screen. The only thing I dislike was that the dealership didn't fix the recall on the car before selling it to us & it had that recall since 2014.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The Chevy Cruze 2014 has been the perfect car for me. It fits my needs well. And it gets me where I want with considerable ease and much comfort. The ride is extremely smooth. I like the size, how it handles and the gas mileage too. I like having the controls on the steering wheel and access to satellite radio makes it an entertaining ride as well. But having a rearview camera for when in reverse would have been nice.

Original review: May 30, 2018

GM Motors should have known better putting these Cruze's (2014 Chevrolet Cruze) out knowing about these problems. First off I had problems last year with my stability track light and the car bucking, took it to dealership and they replaced a faulty battery wire under warranty. Now I'm having the same problem and the dealership wants $1000 to fix cause GM says it's out of warranty. If I had $1000 to give them I wouldn't be driving a Cruze!!! MAD? I AM FUMING!!! GM knows these problems. Wonder if they even look back at the work that was done to suffice me? And just the other day I had someone tell me that everyone they know that has a Cruze is complaining about the same problem!!! I will be shouting this from the rooftops!!! Until my car is repaired under warranty because of the faulty parts they use to put these cars together! On to the newspapers and to reporters! I'm gonna get the word out! These cars cost too much to be lemons!

Original review: May 27, 2018

2017 Chevy Cruze LT - I bought a new one on Sept 2, 2017. I love this car. I have had no issues with anything. Dealer has bent over backwards to help us. Never has any problems. I had a 2014 Ford Focus SE from 6 month old brand new. Trany went out 6 trans in 42 months. My Chevy has gave me np whatsoever. Great gas mileage. Apple to apple the Chevy is a better car all the round.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Bought a 2012 Cruze used in 2016. Through the 2 years of ownership I had problems. 3 times the coolant boiled over/leaked. Water pump had to be replaced along with some associated parts. Were free repairs under a service bulletin, but I had to research it online and take what I found to the dealer, because they wanted to charge me. Trunk would not close. Weak engine, had a hard time getting up hills if I had a couple luggage bags in back. Way lower MPG than EPA rating. Close to 20 MPG... may as well drive a truck. This is my 4th GM car I've owned and will be my last. My Malibu had many issues too. Going to try out a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T. Toyota would be a good choice too for reliability but they are kinda boring and ugly.

Bought a 2012 Cruze used in 2016. Through the 2 years of ownership I had problems. 3 times the coolant boiled over/leaked. Water pump had to be replaced along with some associated parts. Were free repairs under a service bulletin, but I had to research it online and take what I found to the dealer, because they wanted to charge me. Trunk would not close. Weak engine, had a hard time getting up hills if I had a couple luggage bags in back. Way lower MPG than EPA rating. Close to 20 MPG....may as well drive a truck. This is my 4th GM car I've owned and will be my last. My Malibu had many issues too. Going to try out a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T. Toyota would be a good choice too for reliability but they are kinda boring and ugly.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Owned the car (2012 Cruze) brand new off the lot. Seat adjustment quit working. Trunk opener quit working. Water leaks into the interior when it rains hard. Heater won't even clear frost off interior of windows in cold weather, blind spot on drivers side. Starting losing oil at about 120,000 KM. At 140,000 KM the inlet manifold and valve cover needed to be replaced (very common problem and expensive). Now at 150,000 KM we are told that the engine is shot, needs a complete overhaul. We will not be spending the 3500 on engine repairs. We will just consider this a good lesson to never purchase a Chevy again, and abandon the car.

Original review: May 13, 2018

2012 Chevy Cruze. Granted, 138,000 miles on it, but according to previous owner, almost everything is replaced in this car. My worst complaint? Horrible blind spot. As some others mentioned, I got a blind spot INSIDE the car, because the door pillar blocks my view to the left and the mirror doesn't show anything. I can't see a damn thing and I almost got into accidents, because there is a perfect spot for an entire car to hide right next to you, you won't see it, unless you bob around with your head over your shoulder and you gotta do this constantly, like every 5 minutes, even if you aren't changing lanes.

Poor acceleration, poor manual transmission, bad clutch, unreliable car. You have to pray to be cool outside, because once you turn on the AC, you wish you could stick your legs out Flintstone style to give it a push to get anywhere. It has a horrible resale value as well, no surprises there of course. 30mpg at best, but my wife has a car 2x the weight and size, with twice the performance and she gets 33mpg. Avoid this car by all means. The seats are comfortable, end of good things.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze and I have had a lot of problems. I have replaced three batteries, a thermostat, and now a transmission. I owe about $1000.00 on my car and the Chevy dealer is telling me it will be $4800.00 to replace the transmission. I contacted GM in hopes that they would see that this isn’t right. They couldn’t do anything to help. I couldn’t even get a rental while they evaluated the car. Meanwhile, Glen Burnie Transmission gave me a rental car and fixed it for 1/2 of the cost. I will never buy a Chevy again. This company is all about money and not customer service.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My 2014 Chevy Cruze is a great car with many features plus big car feeling. You can purchase this vehicle fully equipped and out the door for $19,000. Compared to a smaller car (FORD) we were able to get Mid Size Cruze fully equipped for less money which gave me a much better ride.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze, and have had no problems with it. It drives and rides comfortably. The turbo comes in handy for merging on to the highway, and makes you feel like you really have something under the hood.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I really like my Chevy Cruze. The only issue I have with it is the way it shifts. But the car is so very good on gas and has enough room for 5 people without being a very large car.

Not sure about Chevy Cruze?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Chevy Cruze Company Information

www.chevrolet.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business