4.04/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Corvette

The Chevrolet Corvette is an iconic sports car that was first introduced in 1953. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Corvette Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

My experience is that General Motors is the same selfish company that it was 30 years ago when I own my first Corvette that’s why for the last 30 years I’ve been driving BMWs and Porsches because they don’t mess around with a customer. They are dedicated to building quality cars and also quality service. General Motors on the other hand builds good looking cars on the outside And that’s as far as it goes. When it comes to service and quality they rank number two on a scale of 1 to 10.

I would’ve loved to been a proud owner of an American vehicle being that there are so many foreign vehicles taking over our country but unfortunately I gave it a try and I ended up screwed. 90,000 dollars and less than 6000 miles on the vehicle and three out of the four manufactured rims that Chevrolet Corvette came with are bent and General motors will not step up to the plate to do anything for me or for my safety and for the safety of others who have these problems. I think this is a safety issue that should be addressed immediately before General Motors goes bankrupt over this. From what I’ve read online there are many individuals with these issue bent rims and sometimes cracked rims. They should recall all Chevrolet Corvette C7 Chrome and other rims that were assembled between 2016 and 2019.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Gm will not stand behind its product. Changed battery in my 2005 Corvette and no gps or clock. Apparently after spending 3 hours at dealer and email and phone calls to GM no recall or fix in place. The navigation will not pick up the gps signal and needs updated software per dealer, but no fix available from gm. Gm will not cover and expects me to pay dealer $2,029.00 for a new system.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I bought a used 2014 Z51 3LT, with only 14,000 miles on it. Yes, it was "as is" condition, and I bought the car at night and was raining, however, the dash should NOT be in this bad of shape no matter WHAT condition the car was in. First I tried the dealership, and basically said nothing they can do, as I bought the car in as in condition. Then tried GM, and told me the same thing. I asked 3 times JUST to at least let me send pictures and judge for yourself. If you can agree this should not be worn this bad with only 14,000 mile and 4 yrs old.

The dash look like it's 20 years old. GM said Nope, do not want to see the pics and will do NOTHING to help... Not even a discount!!! Do not want for free, but due to the age of the car, at least a discount! Again, this is an 3LT with all options. VERY disappointed with GM, and shows they do NOT care about quality of their cars!!! See pics and you tell me if you agree.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Transmission went out right at 5000 miles and nobody cares. The Chevrolet dealership in Murfreesboro Tennessee Buick and GM and Murfreesboro Tennessee convince the water department that they don't ever give new transmission. I got five thousand miles on this Corvette and they're going to rebuild it. It'll never be right. I'm screwed. I promise you I never buy another one. No will ever buy affordable Chevrolet. That's it.

Original review: June 21, 2018

New Chevrolet Corvette is an excellent piece of fiberglass as far as an attention getter, cop stopper, and insurance Money Pit but it sure did make me feel good at over a hundred miles an hour. Who cares what you look like not anyone can see you anyways. All they see are smoke Trails, dust clouds, and a fast moving blur of bright red paint.

I enjoyed the comfort and of course the speed along with the handling ability, the notoriety and the thrill of the chase. The interchangeable moon roofs as a 10 disc CD changer weren't too bad either considering the sound system was stock option Bose the best that they make not to mention my in dash control panels that make you feel as if you are sitting in the cockpit of a 747 or a Learjet. However wasn't fast enough to require the parachute option only major disappointment as to the fact that later on in discovering that I could have got a Mitsubishi which had one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Corvette?

Original review: May 19, 2018

I have a 2017 Chev. Corvette with RED LEATHER SEATS. The seat will fade on your clothing. I had about 4000 mile. One day when it was raining I had on tan pants when that happen. The seat faded on clothing.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have had nothing but problems after problems with my Corvette (2007 Z06). First, I would like to say that this is my daily driven car. It is all stock, I don't race or drive the car like a maniac and I take good care of it. I bought the car GM certified if that means anything. I bought the car with 3k miles in 2010 and now it has over 147k miles. This is a quick list of repairs: had the engine replaced. Had the transmission replaced. Replaced rear drive side wheel arm pulley. Had the clutch and plate replaced. Replaced the radiator. Replaced water pump. Replaced air compressor and hose assembly. Replaced key fob twice. Replaced thermostat

I need to replace the driver side window regulator. I need to replace the drive mirror due to oxidation. Need to replace both headlights due to discolored. I can't remember the rest. I don't believe these vehicle are well built. I would not even dare trying to modifying the vehicle to gain more horsepower such as replacing the cams, changing exhaust system or adding a turbo. All the money I spent on this vehicle, I could have purchased a Ferrari.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Chevrolet Corvette is worth every dime. Fabulous to drive and handles do well. Rides very smooth for a sports car and shifts so smooth you hardly feel it. It is beautiful design.

Original review: May 2, 2018

2017 Corvette Z06 is very comfortable, has many options to play with, has more power than anyone will need. It handles great around turns, has an awesome sound system and it's a beautiful car. This is our third Corvette. We've loved all of them, but this is our favorite. It's extremely advanced and since it has 650 horsepower, we don't care about the gas mileage.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I bought my 2007 Z51 Corvette with 80k miles on it, the dealer wanted to detail it, I said ok and when it was ready the engine was squeaking like the belt was loose, I thought armor all was sprayed on it or water however neither was used, the detail was a drive through their automated car wash, I drove it to a town 45 miles away and back, still squeaked. I bought belt dressing which worked about a day but it still was audible.

I checked the belt and tensioner. They seemed ok, I googled it and saw hundreds of identical issues over the last decade! Some cars being involved in a recall however Chevrolet apparently is weaseling out on everybody, I hardly drive the car which makes it worse and I saw the balancer was wobbling, 2,000 miles on the car and it still squeaks, it's embarrassing! And about $1,000 to repair.

I have a 2001 Suburban with the 5.3 litre (327 ci) LSX motor which is identical but the bore x stroke, my Suburban has over 270,000 miles on it and has the same balancer it came with! I had a GTO with the 5.7 then another with the 6.0 LSX motor and they are ok and have no propensity to go bad as the Corvettes do, it makes you wonder why? Another thing is the GTO's which are Australian Holden's, a GM owned company had the most comfortable interior with wonderful seats and placement and superior materials over any Chevrolet interiors even to this day. The Corvette is hard to enter and exit and it seems that should you crash or go in water you might be stuck inside it very easily!

Chevy Corvette Company Information