3.47/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevrolet Traverse

The Chevrolet Traverse is a full-size crossover SUV. It comes in three trim levels: LS, LT and LTZ. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

21 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

We purchased our Traverse at the Nissani Bros in Culver City, CA. About 2 weeks ago I rushed out of my home to run an errand. When I turned on my car no sound, I hooked up my phone to the Bluetooth and nothing. I then noticed my blinker light were on, but no blinking sound. This has happened once before but it lasted a few minutes. Unfortunately this time has been a nightmare, it’s a 2019. With very low miles. We took our Traverse to be repaired, the tech said it will be 3-4 hours.

By the 5th hour, we decided to call. The update they gave us was, "It’s a technical issue, we will need to keep the car." I was bothered but understood. The following morning we got the call from the tech, stating they need to order the part. Since then we began to receive calls from Angel, not sure of her title. She was rude, condescending, and short. Totally useless, needless to say we reached out to Chevy customer service to try and expedite the process. Now we have to wait until the part is received. To top it off they don’t want to issue us a rental car. BUYERS BEWARE, hopefully you won’t go through with this headache, huge inconvenience.

Original review: July 28, 2019

We lease a 2018 Chevy Traverse. A few weeks ago, we heard these strange sounds from the speakers and after a while, some loud "explosion" sounds and the speaker stopped working. I brought the car to Boch Chevrolet, in Norwood, MA and they said they need to replace an amp, and that it is back ordered with GMC. Since then (early July), we have not heard a word. No status, no email, no call, no online status page....nothing. We called Chevrolet customer services (since we lease the car from them) and they provided NOTHING in terms of status. Just a call but no one is empowered to do anything. They said they will have the dealership call us back (Quirk Chevrolet in Braintree, MA) and for a week, NOTHING. As you can see, while ok to have a warranty/part issue, the SERVICE IS hORRIBLE. No one updates you, you are left with a car with no speakers, no back camera tone alerts....

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I regret ever buying a Chevy Traverse. I have had to replace tires, track control turns off without notice and stabilizing repair comes up along with car jerking. It's scary. My light went on for tire monitoring system, it needs new battery. We lease and this is a 2016. Now when I come off the highway there is a humming sound under the car as I break. This car only has 38000 miles. My lease is up in Aug! Never again. This car is the worst I have ever owned. I don't feel safe in it!

Original review: April 3, 2019

That is the EXACT same thing that happened to my 2010 Traverse! Verbatim! Seized while driving on the highway. No lights or warnings. Routine oil changes. Seriously, the exact same thing, word for word! No recalls. 4500 piece of **.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I had purchased a used 2012 Chevy Traverse. I have had the car less than a year and the engine seized on the highway. Oil has always been changed, no check engine lights, no warning. Upon research I find out that engines seizing is a common problem in 2011 to 2012 traverses. I called Chevy to see if they can help me with the cost of the repairs but they said I'm out of luck. I owned an Equinox before this in which the catalytic converter went out within 6 months. Chevys are just awful cars and I will never purchase another.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Traverse?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We purchased a new 2018 Traverse in April 2018. We drive a lot and have 20,000 miles on the vehicle. Since owning the vehicle we are experiencing many issues. Our biggest concern is the fact that we continue to receive messages on the radio and the info center that state the AWD system needs to be serviced and then Super Cruise pops ups. The vehicle is not equipped with Super Cruise and no one can tell us why this continues to happen. Even the 800 number for Chevrolet cannot tell us why this message would EVER be displayed.

The only explanation the dealership would even speculate is that it was programmed incorrectly at the factory but they don't know where so will not attempt a fix. The car has been at the dealership for 5 days now however since the message has not popped up for them and the car is not throwing any codes it is not occurring, even though I have shown them multiple photos of this message. It amazes me they are relying on the car's computer to give them information when it is the computer that is having the issue.

Our next issue is the lag in the transmission when engaging. This is apparently a known problem with a "fix" of reprogramming, after the reprogramming now the car will randomly red line when given gas before changing gears. We have also had a few instances where it has had issues on the highway. I am not sure if it is downshifting or stalling or what but you get this big jar and then it resumes normal driving. We have also been dealing with major chipping paint which we took back to the dealership 1 week after purchase. Since they did not make a claim them we are now stuck with area of the car where the paint is just slowly coming off...

We also have an engine noise which we are being told is normal even though it is gradually getting louder. The first time we took it in they blamed it on the oil filter, now since they are saying it is a normal noise. Amazing how it was an issue the first time but not now. I truly hope we can get the issues resolved before our warranty runs out at 36,000 miles so we are not left with a $50,000 paperweight. As much as I like the vehicle when it isn't experiencing problems this was probably the worse purchase we have ever made.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I've had a 2013 Traverse for 2 years and purchased it as a certified car. After two years I've experience a leak at bottom of motor and 1 week later I had Stabilitrak light come on (Traction off). It did not allow me to go above 35MPH in freeway. I took it to dealer and they said it was the spark plugs coil. I paid $297 to have it fixed and yesterday I was coming home from family outing and it happened again. The car was going 70MPH and suddenly lost power and started jerking. It was very scary. I will take back to dealer and thinking this can be a Safety issue if not dealt properly for other users.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My 2019 Traverse is great in so many ways, but I cannot understand why several things have been changed compared to my 2015 Traverse. There is no up and down adjustment for the front seat belts on the door pillars. My short wife has the belt riding on her neck. There is only one power outlet up front. The 2015 had an additional one behind the console. I actually need three. There’s one way in the back, but for what? There’s also no coin organizer anymore, and the armrest on the console no longer adjusts forward and backward. Finally, in the older model, I was able to turn on the heat just for the seat back in addition to the entire seat and back. It was terrific for my sore back. This one I can only heat the seat bottom. It’s a beautiful, roomy car with some really thoughtless details.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I love my Chevy Traverse. It's the most economical for my family, we have plenty of space and it gets fantastic gas mileage. We have enjoyed family trips and family nights and our daddy can fit well inside, although he's very tall. It's always hard to find him cars he fits into well. I really enjoy the hands free features, Apple CarPlay, and my favorite the seat warmers! One thing that's offered in the vehicle is OnStar And WiFi and some other awesome features but I don't want to have to pay for it if it should be a feature of the vehicle. I would have loved to have some more space though if it were an option. I would also improve the seat widths just a touch. And the steering wheel, make it to where I can put it up a bit higher.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This vehicle has changed our life such a great way. The space for all our camping equipment as well as safety features to keep our daughter safe had made this the best vehicle yet. It is easy to get her in and out of her car seat with the wide open doors. It is easy to haul everything we need for vacation or projects with the easy fold down third row. I love the back up camera, automatic rear gate, and comfortable driver seat. I also love the spacious second row captains chairs but they are slightly hard to move forward and backward. It would be nice if you could remove them completely if necessary. The look of it is similar to a can which is slightly off putting.

Chevrolet Traverse Company Information