Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
2.85/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings

Chevrolet Traverse

The Chevrolet Traverse is a full-size crossover SUV. It comes in three trim levels: LS, LT and LTZ. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

13 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Traverse is good and we liked this one the best. Great heating with seats and wheel. Very nice and comfortable. It's a great vehicle and I really like it when you just have the app to the top and then you have a good idea to get the best show off of the game but that's definitely not good enough for me.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This vehicle has changed our life such a great way. The space for all our camping equipment as well as safety features to keep our daughter safe had made this the best vehicle yet. It is easy to get her in and out of her car seat with the wide open doors. It is easy to haul everything we need for vacation or projects with the easy fold down third row. I love the back up camera, automatic rear gate, and comfortable driver seat. I also love the spacious second row captains chairs but they are slightly hard to move forward and backward. It would be nice if you could remove them completely if necessary. The look of it is similar to a can which is slightly off putting.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We intended on getting a suburban but that was ridiculously priced, then looked at the Tahoe still too much so we went with the Traverse. Very roomy, has a nice sleek appearance, although it's kind of heavy, takes a while to come to a stop. It's a good family car, but more cargo room would be nice. I like the body, tech features, size. Overall I like it but wish it had separate air conditioning in third row. It can get hot for the kids back there. I would also like a more luxurious feel, I do feel like it's overpriced.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My husband has Parkinson's and I needed a car that he can easily get in and out of. The Chevrolet Traverse is perfect for us. The door opens wide enough for him to get into and out of and he has plenty of room. I love the car. It is easy to drive, very quiet, rides smoothly, and is very comfortable. The car had the highest safety rating available. I liked what other customers who purchased the car had to stay. The car has features that I was looking for such as lane assist, rearview camera, side back alerts, etc. The one feature I would like to improve is that it has side cameras in the back instead of the alerts.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I love my Chevy Traverse. It's the most economical for my family, we have plenty of space and it gets fantastic gas mileage. We have enjoyed family trips and family nights and our daddy can fit well inside, although he's very tall. It's always hard to find him cars he fits into well. I really enjoy the hands free features, Apple CarPlay, and my favorite the seat warmers! One thing that's offered in the vehicle is OnStar And WiFi and some other awesome features but I don't want to have to pay for it if it should be a feature of the vehicle. I would have loved to have some more space though if it were an option. I would also improve the seat widths just a touch. And the steering wheel, make it to where I can put it up a bit higher.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Traverse?

Original review: June 1, 2018

My husband and I purchased a Chevy Traverse about a year and a half ago and within the first four months it shut down on us twice. We were unable to take the key out of the ignition, unable to turn off the radio, unable to lock our doors. Once this happened in a bad neighborhood and the other time it happened at home. Both times we contacted Mountain View Chevrolet and both times they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and also refused to give us a loaner car while our car was in the shop.

On top of this our front left tire every month or twice a month we would get a tire low warning on our dashboard and we were constantly filling up our tire with air. And once again we notified Mountain View Chevrolet and they refused to do anything about it because it wasn’t covered under warranty and when this happened they noticed that it was the wrong tire that we’ve been filling up. The sensor on our car was wrong and once again they would not fix it because it wasn’t under warranty. I will never buy A car from Chevrolet again. I told him I didn’t want the car and they needed to take it back and they wouldn’t take it back and they said it wasn’t something that they do. I tried to take it to Carmax and they wouldn’t even give me half of what I paid for it or year and a half ago so even they don’t think the car's worth it. I am very unhappy with the customer service at Mountain View Chevrolet.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The Chevrolet Traverse's console need to be solved. Leave room for trash bag etc. Cor have great performance. Appearance cannot be beat. Need to be easier get to third set when needed.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My name is Sharon **. My parents own a 2016 Chevy Traverse which is now almost 2 years old and has 31748 miles on it. All 4 tires are showing visible cracking and dry rot in between the treads and on the sidewalls. After a visit to Kurtis Chevrolet Morehead City NC we were told that is was "superficial" and not covered under any warranty. I then contacted GM customer assistance via phone calls and they concurred with the dealership that it was not to be covered. I therefore took it upon myself to contact Goodyear Tire Company by phone.

They sent me to an authorized Goodyear dealer to assess the tires. The gentleman that helped agreed that the tires are visible cracking, dry rotting & that the cracking in the side wall was a major concern. He then contacted Goodyear on my behalf to determine if they would replace or prorate the tires. They determined that they would but at a cost of $639.52. I then contacted Goodyear again and got them to agree to $93.00 per tire. Which is going to cost $428.00 with mounting & balancing. My major concern and complaint with Chevrolet is that they offered no help with this issue. It is a safety issue and they did not seem concerned at all. I hope that someone takes my complaint seriously and reaches out to rectify the situation.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse and the power windows are all going out. The air stop working. The fluid stop working. The side mirrors are not working. I'm very dissatisfied. I bought it with 32,000 miles. I'm just waiting to see what else.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Me & my wife purchased a new 2017 Chevy Traverse in summer 2016. After 10,000 miles we noticed steering problems a stability problem. When slowing down the steering wheel shakes & before starting the truck turns of 3 to 5 seconds before starting. My family drove this 2017 Chevy Traverse for almost 2 months wondering why we was getting headaches, dizziness, breathing problems, eye's issues and side pain! I am a disabled man. The engine light came on after end of January 2018. I took the Traverse to O'REILLY code PO442. A number of things. One the gas cap, BUT FIRST THING ON TOP PURGE VALUE. Few days later the engine light came back on. Code PO 0496 same issues. Purge value allows carbon monoxide to follow through the engine than the tailpipe!

I contacted Chevy Corporate office in Detroit. I was told to take in the where purchase vehicle to be inspected and a Carbon monoxide leak was found! Leak in the line! We was put in a loaner for almost a month while GM Insurance Esis stalled finger pointing! (Dont give up after still under the warranty) and the (NICE PEOPLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH) CURRIE MOTORS FEEL AS IF THE DEALERSHIP PLAYS NO PART IN THIS ISSUES! This 3.6 engine is in 2009 - 2017 Traverse, Acadia 2009 - 2016 Same issues with Ford Explorer carbon monoxide leak including police vehicles. THINK 2010 - 2016 & SOME 2017.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I regret to buy this piece of crap. Electric problems, Transmission problems, Power steering problems, Rack and pinion problems, Engine problems. I don't want to know anything about the Chevy Traverse. I'm going with Toyota now. Best reliable car.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I purchased my 2011 Chevy Traverse to accommodate my growing family. We liked our car and the room. Soon after buying our car we went about 6000 miles and noticed our AC was blowing cold then went to blowing hot. The driver side dash makes a weird tossing sound. The transmission when in drive on hills, let's you roll back. Even in park the vehicle still rolls. It's hard to deal with when cars are close and the car just wants to roll back.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I have had issue after issue with this 2010 Traverse and it's to a point where my mechanic has no idea what is continuing to cause it. I almost got into an accident! With no warning, the traction control shuts off, service StabiliTrak, service traction control, engine power is reduced messages flash, then the vehicle slows abruptly and won't go over 20mph. Mechanic replaced 4 sensors and a wheel bearing thinking those were causing the disconnect. And it happened again today! I nearly caused an accident because of the abrupt power reduction. Spoke with Chevrolet who said they wouldn't do anything about it other than set me up an appointment with the local dealership, all at my expense. I feel scared to drive my daughter in this vehicle!

Chevrolet Traverse Company Information