Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.46/5

Chevrolet Traverse

The Chevrolet Traverse is a full-size crossover SUV. It comes in three trim levels: LS, LT and LTZ. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

19 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My 2019 Traverse is great in so many ways, but I cannot understand why several things have been changed compared to my 2015 Traverse. There is no up and down adjustment for the front seat belts on the door pillars. My short wife has the belt riding on her neck. There is only one power outlet up front. The 2015 had an additional one behind the console. I actually need three. There’s one way in the back, but for what? There’s also no coin organizer anymore, and the armrest on the console no longer adjusts forward and backward. Finally, in the older model, I was able to turn on the heat just for the seat back in addition to the entire seat and back. It was terrific for my sore back. This one I can only heat the seat bottom. It’s a beautiful, roomy car with some really thoughtless details.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Traverse is good and we liked this one the best. Great heating with seats and wheel. Very nice and comfortable. It's a great vehicle and I really like it when you just have the app to the top and then you have a good idea to get the best show off of the game but that's definitely not good enough for me.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This vehicle has changed our life such a great way. The space for all our camping equipment as well as safety features to keep our daughter safe had made this the best vehicle yet. It is easy to get her in and out of her car seat with the wide open doors. It is easy to haul everything we need for vacation or projects with the easy fold down third row. I love the back up camera, automatic rear gate, and comfortable driver seat. I also love the spacious second row captains chairs but they are slightly hard to move forward and backward. It would be nice if you could remove them completely if necessary. The look of it is similar to a can which is slightly off putting.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My husband has Parkinson's and I needed a car that he can easily get in and out of. The Chevrolet Traverse is perfect for us. The door opens wide enough for him to get into and out of and he has plenty of room. I love the car. It is easy to drive, very quiet, rides smoothly, and is very comfortable. The car had the highest safety rating available. I liked what other customers who purchased the car had to stay. The car has features that I was looking for such as lane assist, rearview camera, side back alerts, etc. The one feature I would like to improve is that it has side cameras in the back instead of the alerts.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I love my Chevy Traverse. It's the most economical for my family, we have plenty of space and it gets fantastic gas mileage. We have enjoyed family trips and family nights and our daddy can fit well inside, although he's very tall. It's always hard to find him cars he fits into well. I really enjoy the hands free features, Apple CarPlay, and my favorite the seat warmers! One thing that's offered in the vehicle is OnStar And WiFi and some other awesome features but I don't want to have to pay for it if it should be a feature of the vehicle. I would have loved to have some more space though if it were an option. I would also improve the seat widths just a touch. And the steering wheel, make it to where I can put it up a bit higher.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Traverse?

Original review: April 27, 2019

I regret ever buying a Chevy Traverse. I have had to replace tires, track control turns off without notice and stabilizing repair comes up along with car jerking. It's scary. My light went on for tire monitoring system, it needs new battery. We lease and this is a 2016. Now when I come off the highway there is a humming sound under the car as I break. This car only has 38000 miles. My lease is up in Aug! Never again. This car is the worst I have ever owned. I don't feel safe in it!

Original review: April 3, 2019

That is the EXACT same thing that happened to my 2010 Traverse! Verbatim! Seized while driving on the highway. No lights or warnings. Routine oil changes. Seriously, the exact same thing, word for word! No recalls. 4500 piece of **.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I had purchased a used 2012 Chevy Traverse. I have had the car less than a year and the engine seized on the highway. Oil has always been changed, no check engine lights, no warning. Upon research I find out that engines seizing is a common problem in 2011 to 2012 traverses. I called Chevy to see if they can help me with the cost of the repairs but they said I'm out of luck. I owned an Equinox before this in which the catalytic converter went out within 6 months. Chevys are just awful cars and I will never purchase another.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We purchased a new 2018 Traverse in April 2018. We drive a lot and have 20,000 miles on the vehicle. Since owning the vehicle we are experiencing many issues. Our biggest concern is the fact that we continue to receive messages on the radio and the info center that state the AWD system needs to be serviced and then Super Cruise pops ups. The vehicle is not equipped with Super Cruise and no one can tell us why this continues to happen. Even the 800 number for Chevrolet cannot tell us why this message would EVER be displayed.

The only explanation the dealership would even speculate is that it was programmed incorrectly at the factory but they don't know where so will not attempt a fix. The car has been at the dealership for 5 days now however since the message has not popped up for them and the car is not throwing any codes it is not occurring, even though I have shown them multiple photos of this message. It amazes me they are relying on the car's computer to give them information when it is the computer that is having the issue.

Our next issue is the lag in the transmission when engaging. This is apparently a known problem with a "fix" of reprogramming, after the reprogramming now the car will randomly red line when given gas before changing gears. We have also had a few instances where it has had issues on the highway. I am not sure if it is downshifting or stalling or what but you get this big jar and then it resumes normal driving. We have also been dealing with major chipping paint which we took back to the dealership 1 week after purchase. Since they did not make a claim them we are now stuck with area of the car where the paint is just slowly coming off...

We also have an engine noise which we are being told is normal even though it is gradually getting louder. The first time we took it in they blamed it on the oil filter, now since they are saying it is a normal noise. Amazing how it was an issue the first time but not now. I truly hope we can get the issues resolved before our warranty runs out at 36,000 miles so we are not left with a $50,000 paperweight. As much as I like the vehicle when it isn't experiencing problems this was probably the worse purchase we have ever made.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I've had a 2013 Traverse for 2 years and purchased it as a certified car. After two years I've experience a leak at bottom of motor and 1 week later I had Stabilitrak light come on (Traction off). It did not allow me to go above 35MPH in freeway. I took it to dealer and they said it was the spark plugs coil. I paid $297 to have it fixed and yesterday I was coming home from family outing and it happened again. The car was going 70MPH and suddenly lost power and started jerking. It was very scary. I will take back to dealer and thinking this can be a Safety issue if not dealt properly for other users.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We intended on getting a suburban but that was ridiculously priced, then looked at the Tahoe still too much so we went with the Traverse. Very roomy, has a nice sleek appearance, although it's kind of heavy, takes a while to come to a stop. It's a good family car, but more cargo room would be nice. I like the body, tech features, size. Overall I like it but wish it had separate air conditioning in third row. It can get hot for the kids back there. I would also like a more luxurious feel, I do feel like it's overpriced.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My husband and I purchased a Chevy Traverse about a year and a half ago and within the first four months it shut down on us twice. We were unable to take the key out of the ignition, unable to turn off the radio, unable to lock our doors. Once this happened in a bad neighborhood and the other time it happened at home. Both times we contacted Mountain View Chevrolet and both times they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and also refused to give us a loaner car while our car was in the shop.

On top of this our front left tire every month or twice a month we would get a tire low warning on our dashboard and we were constantly filling up our tire with air. And once again we notified Mountain View Chevrolet and they refused to do anything about it because it wasn’t covered under warranty and when this happened they noticed that it was the wrong tire that we’ve been filling up. The sensor on our car was wrong and once again they would not fix it because it wasn’t under warranty. I will never buy A car from Chevrolet again. I told him I didn’t want the car and they needed to take it back and they wouldn’t take it back and they said it wasn’t something that they do. I tried to take it to Carmax and they wouldn’t even give me half of what I paid for it or year and a half ago so even they don’t think the car's worth it. I am very unhappy with the customer service at Mountain View Chevrolet.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The Chevrolet Traverse's console need to be solved. Leave room for trash bag etc. Cor have great performance. Appearance cannot be beat. Need to be easier get to third set when needed.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My name is Sharon **. My parents own a 2016 Chevy Traverse which is now almost 2 years old and has 31748 miles on it. All 4 tires are showing visible cracking and dry rot in between the treads and on the sidewalls. After a visit to Kurtis Chevrolet Morehead City NC we were told that is was "superficial" and not covered under any warranty. I then contacted GM customer assistance via phone calls and they concurred with the dealership that it was not to be covered. I therefore took it upon myself to contact Goodyear Tire Company by phone.

They sent me to an authorized Goodyear dealer to assess the tires. The gentleman that helped agreed that the tires are visible cracking, dry rotting & that the cracking in the side wall was a major concern. He then contacted Goodyear on my behalf to determine if they would replace or prorate the tires. They determined that they would but at a cost of $639.52. I then contacted Goodyear again and got them to agree to $93.00 per tire. Which is going to cost $428.00 with mounting & balancing. My major concern and complaint with Chevrolet is that they offered no help with this issue. It is a safety issue and they did not seem concerned at all. I hope that someone takes my complaint seriously and reaches out to rectify the situation.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse and the power windows are all going out. The air stop working. The fluid stop working. The side mirrors are not working. I'm very dissatisfied. I bought it with 32,000 miles. I'm just waiting to see what else.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Me & my wife purchased a new 2017 Chevy Traverse in summer 2016. After 10,000 miles we noticed steering problems a stability problem. When slowing down the steering wheel shakes & before starting the truck turns of 3 to 5 seconds before starting. My family drove this 2017 Chevy Traverse for almost 2 months wondering why we was getting headaches, dizziness, breathing problems, eye's issues and side pain! I am a disabled man. The engine light came on after end of January 2018. I took the Traverse to O'REILLY code PO442. A number of things. One the gas cap, BUT FIRST THING ON TOP PURGE VALUE. Few days later the engine light came back on. Code PO 0496 same issues. Purge value allows carbon monoxide to follow through the engine than the tailpipe!

I contacted Chevy Corporate office in Detroit. I was told to take in the where purchase vehicle to be inspected and a Carbon monoxide leak was found! Leak in the line! We was put in a loaner for almost a month while GM Insurance Esis stalled finger pointing! (Dont give up after still under the warranty) and the (NICE PEOPLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH) CURRIE MOTORS FEEL AS IF THE DEALERSHIP PLAYS NO PART IN THIS ISSUES! This 3.6 engine is in 2009 - 2017 Traverse, Acadia 2009 - 2016 Same issues with Ford Explorer carbon monoxide leak including police vehicles. THINK 2010 - 2016 & SOME 2017.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I regret to buy this piece of crap. Electric problems, Transmission problems, Power steering problems, Rack and pinion problems, Engine problems. I don't want to know anything about the Chevy Traverse. I'm going with Toyota now. Best reliable car.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I purchased my 2011 Chevy Traverse to accommodate my growing family. We liked our car and the room. Soon after buying our car we went about 6000 miles and noticed our AC was blowing cold then went to blowing hot. The driver side dash makes a weird tossing sound. The transmission when in drive on hills, let's you roll back. Even in park the vehicle still rolls. It's hard to deal with when cars are close and the car just wants to roll back.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I have had issue after issue with this 2010 Traverse and it's to a point where my mechanic has no idea what is continuing to cause it. I almost got into an accident! With no warning, the traction control shuts off, service StabiliTrak, service traction control, engine power is reduced messages flash, then the vehicle slows abruptly and won't go over 20mph. Mechanic replaced 4 sensors and a wheel bearing thinking those were causing the disconnect. And it happened again today! I nearly caused an accident because of the abrupt power reduction. Spoke with Chevrolet who said they wouldn't do anything about it other than set me up an appointment with the local dealership, all at my expense. I feel scared to drive my daughter in this vehicle!

Chevrolet Traverse Company Information