2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.41/5

The Chevrolet Camaro is a sports car that was first introduced in 1966 and is available as a coupe or convertible. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Camaro?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Camaro?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

My 2010 Camaro ss 2ss rs package is a great car. With a powerful ls3 engine. It has fulfilled my expectations as a fun car I drive daily. Very reliable and fast enough to compete with cars out of its price range. I love this car and am looking forward to many more years of muscle car fun. Only negative things would be mpgs and even then for a 6.2L V8 I don't think it's to bad. Also car has poor visibility but it is a sports car and I like the retro shape. I think it's the best looking generation since the original generation 1.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I was looking for a sports car I would be happy with that has power, beautiful interior, the latest technology and a bright color with a great muscle car body design. Chevrolet Camaro is all of that and more! I love it!!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Nov. 22, 2019

Despite my having experienced a somewhat annoying issue with my rear deck lid not opening (on what was a brand spanking new vehicle), I remain quite happy with my purchase and the performance of my Camaro overall - a 2019 2SS.

I did have the rear deck lid latch replaced by the dealer and thus far, the rear deck lid works just fine. Therefore, I will consider the 'complaint' portion of my initial review as being resolved. While GM's customer care did not specifically followup to my initial email, they did provide me a survey after my vehicle was serviced (a routine thing that they do after most service visits). My response to that survey was very complimentary about the dealership, but I was critical over their technician having scuffed up my door's interior moldings. To find scuff marks on the illuminated (hard plastic) CAMARO sill plate and inner plastic trim just didn't make my day.

In short, my Camaro's performance has been enjoyable and does indeed, draw some looks. I think the first two paragraphs of my initial review sums it up pretty well.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

The Camaro 2SS is attractive in many respects. It presents a sporty, muscular design that's sure to turn heads while providing lots of driver enjoyment. The 2SS provides more than ample power with its 10 speed auto transmission, provides great handling and offers several driving mode options. It sure doesn't require much effort to get up to driving speed. The interior layout is quite nice, offering a premium type feel is and nicely accented. Definitely love the option of having a sunroof, dual mode exhaust, navigation and magnetic ride control. Passenger wise however, don't expect much from using the rear seats due to the obvious lack of leg room. Seating is quite comfortable, even without the optional Recaro seats. Fuel mileage seems a bit better than I expected especially on the highway. Overall, the 2SS provides a 'cool' driving experience that feels very comfortable.

The only downside (in my case), is that my new 2SS (which only has 411 miles on it), already has an issue where the trunk deck lid does not always open when prompted. I had two previous SS Camaro's which did not exhibit this behavior (but I am aware of various issues reported on other earlier models, in having since researched the internet).

I would recommend that potential buyers test opening the trunk lid (using the key fob), to determine whether or not this issue reveals itself, as it did me (as it doesn't hurt to explore every aspect before purchase). In having notified the Chevy customer care center about this, it was disappointing to read a phrase they embedded into their reply, which stated that 'Any repairs or service may be at your cost....' Shaking my head in disbelief in reading this, my first word of choice was 'What????'... It would seem that GM's response is about as reliable as my vehicle's trunk deck lid opening properly consistently.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I love my 2015 Chevy Camaro. Bout it in 2015 with 2 miles on it. I am now experiencing issue with heat working on the driver side and blowing air on passenger side. The dealer is stating $2200-2400 to repair a temperature door that you have to take off the dashboard and the windshield to get to. Why would Chevrolet put a part that controls your heating and cooling that is not protected from outside foreign objects in a area when it cost thousands to repair. And oddly enough its is happening to the majority of the 2010-2017 models.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I purchased a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro on April 30, 2016 from Surburban Chevrolet. At the time of purchase it had 22,395 miles on it. On January 23, 2020 the motor blew with 49,033 miles on it. I changed the oil every 3,000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic. This had been A GREAT car until now. I have contacted the dealership and was told the warranty is up as it was 5 years or 100,000 miles. Which I knew this. I spoke with Nick ** and he helped me as much as he could but his hands were tied from a dealership standpoint. Which I appreciated the help. So to GM I go. I called 800-222-1020 and FINALLY got to speak to someone. Explained what happen and all he could say to me is I should of purchased the extended warranty. He said, "Your vehicle had a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty." I said, "I'm sorry I didn't drive it more to blow up before the warranty was up." He then referred me to the dealership I purchased my car from.

I told him I have spoke with Nick **. I also told him I have been doing my research online and GM forums all full of my same situation. V6 engines going out at 40,000 from the bearings. He told me he knew nothing of this. I explain forums people are getting engines replaced and so far with the new engines and upgraded bearings no reported problems.

GM is aware of this problem as they are upgrading the bearings in the engines they are replacing. He once again said I should of purchased the extended warranty. I said GM needs to stand behind their motors. I put 27,000 miles on it in 4 years. I said, "So are you telling me there is nothing you can do for me?" He said have the car towed to the dealership I purchased it from and have them do a diagnosis. I told him I already inquired about that with Nick and it would be roughly $1300.00. I said GM should be doing that. He said that there is nothing GM will do for me and he hoped I had a good day. I am hoping someone can help me with this. In no way, shape or form should my engine of failed. GM is aware and they need to be held accountable.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I'm an automotive repair shop owner and have purchased GM products for 30 years. GM is guilty of knowingly installing stereo/control unit systems in the Camaro LS models that are often defective and are potential fire hazards. My 2015 Camaro has 45k on it and has been maintained well above and beyond GM recommendations. I pay for XM, yet because GM has known since 2011 of the potential issues with these systems, I am forced to write complaints and consult an attorney about legal action. Make no mistake, when a company knowingly installs defective equipment, partcularly after knowing the issues for 4 years, that company is engaging in fraud. GM must do the right thing and extend the warranties retroactively on all 2011 and up Camaro LS's. If they do nothing, they permanently lose my business. Currently, 2 Chevys sit in my driveway. GM can agree to repair these defective systems or lose customers.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I love the car. The interior is a lil cheap. The steel brakes are noisy. The convertible top rattles and is very difficult to clean. I think I have a wheel bearing going out and No spare tire. It runs great so far drives great. No big complaints.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My 2013 Chevrolet Camaro is a white convertible with a black top and black rims, very sharp car. The most fun to drive vehicle I have ever owned, love the sound of it running. I like that you can choose manual or automatic. I love the interior and exterior design of this model. Stereo, backup camera, phone through speakers. This vehicle is beautiful to look at. Chevrolet has a good reputation and I like American made automobiles that have a good reputation.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have had a excellent experience with Chevrolet Camaro. It is high quality, durable and classy. I feel very accomplished driving this car. I enjoy all the features of this car including the GPS and automated car system. I have peace of mind knowing it has alerts for maintenance and any issues that may arise such as low tire. I like the heated and cooling seats and leather interior. This car makes it easy to drive and use the Bluetooth for calling without being distracted. It has many features that make driving a lot of fun. I haven't had any issues with this car and am confident if any should arise that the dealership will take care of them quickly and professionally. I chose this car after test driving several others. It definitely stands out above the rest. I have been very happy with my purchase. I really like it and would recommend to others who are in the market for one of these models.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS is great, fast, so much fun and attractive. I love it more than any other car and have since 2013. I like the several different modes that the car can be in like stealth mode, tour mode and snow or ice track. And I love that you get your speedometer on the windshield. The only thing I don't particularly care for with the car is the back seat. There is absolutely no room for my child and he's getting bigger, but that's not enough for me to want a different car.

Chevrolet Camaro Company Information