3.54/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevrolet Camaro

The Chevrolet Camaro is a sports car that was first introduced in 1966 and is available as a coupe or convertible. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

The Camaro 2SS is attractive in many respects. It presents a sporty, muscular design that's sure to turn heads while providing lots of driver enjoyment. The 2SS provides more than ample power with its 10 speed auto transmission, provides great handling and offers several driving mode options. It sure doesn't require much effort to get up to driving speed. The interior layout is quite nice, offering a premium type feel is and nicely accented. Definitely love the option of having a sunroof, dual mode exhaust, navigation and magnetic ride control. Passenger wise however, don't expect much from using the rear seats due to the obvious lack of leg room. Seating is quite comfortable, even without the optional Recaro seats. Fuel mileage seems a bit better than I expected especially on the highway. Overall, the 2SS provides a 'cool' driving experience that feels very comfortable.

The only downside (in my case), is that my new 2SS (which only has 411 miles on it), already has an issue where the trunk deck lid does not always open when prompted. I had two previous SS Camaro's which did not exhibit this behavior (but I am aware of various issues reported on other earlier models, in having since researched the internet).

I would recommend that potential buyers test opening the trunk lid (using the key fob), to determine whether or not this issue reveals itself, as it did me (as it doesn't hurt to explore every aspect before purchase). In having notified the Chevy customer care center about this, it was disappointing to read a phrase they embedded into their reply, which stated that 'Any repairs or service may be at your cost....' Shaking my head in disbelief in reading this, my first word of choice was 'What????'... It would seem that GM's response is about as reliable as my vehicle's trunk deck lid opening properly consistently.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I'm an automotive repair shop owner and have purchased GM products for 30 years. GM is guilty of knowingly installing stereo/control unit systems in the Camaro LS models that are often defective and are potential fire hazards. My 2015 Camaro has 45k on it and has been maintained well above and beyond GM recommendations. I pay for XM, yet because GM has known since 2011 of the potential issues with these systems, I am forced to write complaints and consult an attorney about legal action. Make no mistake, when a company knowingly installs defective equipment, partcularly after knowing the issues for 4 years, that company is engaging in fraud. GM must do the right thing and extend the warranties retroactively on all 2011 and up Camaro LS's. If they do nothing, they permanently lose my business. Currently, 2 Chevys sit in my driveway. GM can agree to repair these defective systems or lose customers.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I love the car. The interior is a lil cheap. The steel brakes are noisy. The convertible top rattles and is very difficult to clean. I think I have a wheel bearing going out and No spare tire. It runs great so far drives great. No big complaints.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have had a excellent experience with Chevrolet Camaro. It is high quality, durable and classy. I feel very accomplished driving this car. I enjoy all the features of this car including the GPS and automated car system. I have peace of mind knowing it has alerts for maintenance and any issues that may arise such as low tire. I like the heated and cooling seats and leather interior. This car makes it easy to drive and use the Bluetooth for calling without being distracted. It has many features that make driving a lot of fun. I haven't had any issues with this car and am confident if any should arise that the dealership will take care of them quickly and professionally. I chose this car after test driving several others. It definitely stands out above the rest. I have been very happy with my purchase. I really like it and would recommend to others who are in the market for one of these models.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The features I love the most was how smooth it ran and how the display inside the car was and how many compliments they gave us when we were in it. I love how it was sooo shiny and how many thought it put into it when built. But I totally disliked that we had to keep putting in too much gas and sometimes we would fill it up and by the end of the day the tank was halfway. Also, most people would stare to judge us because we were so young to be having a car like that. Despite that, the experiences I have had with the Chevrolet Camaro 2015 were amazing. It was almost a new car and the dealership gave a guarantee that it wouldn't have complications. And ooohh the color was sooo amazing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Camaro?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My 2013 Chevrolet Camaro is a white convertible with a black top and black rims, very sharp car. The most fun to drive vehicle I have ever owned, love the sound of it running. I like that you can choose manual or automatic. I love the interior and exterior design of this model. Stereo, backup camera, phone through speakers. This vehicle is beautiful to look at. Chevrolet has a good reputation and I like American made automobiles that have a good reputation.

Original review: July 24, 2018

This car is a project car for my husband. It is an older model and is being remodeled from the inside out. He has started by taking all the seats and carpet out of the car. He has also removed the door panels and side panels to correct any wiring issues that existed. He really enjoys redoing and improving the quality of the engine. I like the sound of the engine. And he wants to put a larger engine and a better exhaust system in the near future. I also like that this car has tops that were put in at the previous owner's request. It's been a great project.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS is great, fast, so much fun and attractive. I love it more than any other car and have since 2013. I like the several different modes that the car can be in like stealth mode, tour mode and snow or ice track. And I love that you get your speedometer on the windshield. The only thing I don't particularly care for with the car is the back seat. There is absolutely no room for my child and he's getting bigger, but that's not enough for me to want a different car.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I enjoy my Chevy Camaro, its look and ride. It is a great car and I have had it since 2015. I am the first owner and it only had 3 miles on it when I got it.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Just know you're buying a American made car. Paint job on new 2016 V6 Chevy Camaro is horrible. Transmission is the worst. Been back to shop 2 times since purchase. I'm upset that I purchased.

Chevrolet Camaro Company Information