4.00/5
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sun Valley, CA

29 Statewide Auto Sales Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 30, 2018

Great experience at this dealership. I got my dream car at an amazing price and in great condition. Everyone here was very professional people and had a lot of experience with the cars they were selling. There really wasn’t a question I had that wasn’t answered right away. To make a long story short I highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking for a luxury car at a good price.

Original review: May 29, 2018

The staff at this dealership is amazing. My wife and I recently bought a 2012 Mercedes and the car is perfect. We were driving a very old car before this and getting this car is going to save us so much on fuel alone. The staff here was so helpful when it came to choosing a car. It was in our budget and had everything we needed. Thank you so much Statewide. I will be recommending you to others.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Statewide has great staff which you can’t always say about every used dealership you find. Everyone here goes out of their way to try and help you find a car you love and I did. My Mercedes is the car I’ve always wanted and runs like a dream. I’m so happy I decided to come here. I had almost given up hope that I’d find a car I really loved but this place has a great selection and their prices are amazing. I will be going back for repairs and maybe another car one day in the future. They’re just awesome.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I really enjoyed my experience with Statewide Auto. We came in to find a car for my daughter and though I was worried about the safety of a used car the staff here helped us find a car we could be confident in. I wouldn’t have been as comfortable anywhere else. This is the kind of company that really takes care of their customers and no matter my concern they put me at ease. We found a lovely car for my daughter and a great dealership that I’m sure we will use again.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I bought a car from Statewide a year ago and I’m very happy with my purchase. I haven’t had a single issue with the car since I bought it. The guys here were very nice and helped get me in a car fast. They also worked with me not only on the price but with my credit issues. I really couldn’t be happier with them. I’m sure that the next time I’m in the market for a car that I’ll be back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Statewide Auto Sales?

Original review: May 22, 2018

I recently purchased a vehicle here. The process was so easy. I was able to browse their inventory, test drive the vehicle, and get approved for financing in only a couple of hours. The entire team here is amazing! I would especially like to recognize Jack. He was very helpful and made the whole experience easy for the first time I will be recommending this dealership to everyone I know!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I actually found Statewide through Consumer Affairs so I thought it was right to share my experience which overall was highly positive. After searching for nearby used car dealerships on here I checked out their website and found a few cars I was interested in. I called first to make sure they were still on the lot and 2 of the 3 I called about were so I made the trip down there. I had a very nice gentleman come out right away and help me. He knew a lot about the cars which was nice and wasn’t pushy or rude at all. I test drove both cars before settling on the one I liked the most. I’ve been driving it without issue for about a month now. I was very impressed.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I would absolutely use Statewide again based on my recent experience here. I was looking for a specific model Mercedes and Statewide happened to have it so I made the drive from the South Bay to the Valley to take a look. It’s a simple dealership but very nice people and a good solid selection of cars. I’m really happy with my purchase. The car was a great deal. The staff was professional and easy to get along with. Really I don’t have a single thing to complain about. Great business!!

Original review: May 17, 2018

Statewide is a great dealership that treats their customers very well. Not only was the customer service great but their prices were also very fair. They didn’t try to low ball me on my trade in. They fixed a minor issue I found in the car I bought right away and they were upfront about the price. They also took the time to explain my loan and not just give me monthly numbers. They got me a great deal. I would buy from them again and highly recommend them for your next vehicle purchase.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I got a great deal on a slightly used Mercedes here. It was as good as new and in excellent condition. The staff here is very friendly and helpful. I won’t be going anywhere else the next time I need used car. I was so pleased with my experience and everything here was done in a very efficient and timely manner. Very nice people and absolutely top notch deals. I highly recommend them.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I can’t believe the deal that I got at Statewide. The Mercedes I bought was in great condition and had less than 100,000 miles. I really have never been happier with a purchase than I am with the one I made here. It’s been almost a year and it runs like a dream. Definitely fair prices and they treated me so well. They’re also very honest. I will definitely be back.

Original review: May 8, 2018

When buying a used car I’m not necessarily the most trusting person in the world. Both myself and friends of mine have bought cars that were disappointing because we let someone talk us into it so now when shopping I’m very careful. I took this air of caution with me when I came into Statewide. They had a beautiful Audi that I was already in love with from the ad but reminded myself that I needed to make sure everything was in order before buying. Happily I can say that buying here I got exactly what I’d been hoping for. I bought my car here about a month ago and believe me I put their sales guy through the ringer of questions and even had my mechanic look at the car before I took the plunge. The truth is that they really do sell quality vehicles here and the prices are very fair. I’ve been driving my car daily since buying and I have yet to have any issues. Statewide was wonderful to work with and I highly recommend them if you’re in the market.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I love Statewide! They gave me an amazing deal on my Mercedes and were so nice to me. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable. They just were really genuine and wanted to help me get the car I wanted. It’s a simple dealership but they’re very trustworthy and straightforward. I would happily buy from them again. I just wanted to write a quick review to let others know what a great experience I had.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Jack was a wonderful salesman. He really went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. He was very honest and took the time to answer all of my questions. He made the buying easy and simple. My husband and I will be purchasing another car from them soon because of the expert care we received. Jack did an awesome job and Statewide was wonderful to work with.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This is the best experience I’ve had so far with a used car dealership. I didn’t feel pressured or forced into a purchase. I had a really comfortable experience with my salesman. He was awesome. I walked around the lot, test drive the vehicle I wanted, and had the space to make the right decision for me. I’ve had my car about a month now and I love it! I definitely recommend anyone to come here.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Statewide helped me buy a BMW at a great price. Outstanding experience both with their sales and service department. Every time I come in here the guys are great. I will be relying on their for service for a long time to come because their prices are outstanding and if I need another car I’d be happy to buy from them again. They are simply the best.

Original review: April 23, 2018

My overall experience here was great. The sales staff here is straightforward and answers questions honestly. I was worried about financing because I don’t have great credit but the process was fast and they were willing to work with me. The car I picked out had low mileage was in great condition and had the best price of any place I looked. I will be buying here again I’m sure. I’m very impressed and happy that I found them. 5 star experience for sure.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I am really happy I discovered his dealership. They really helped find something that met all of my requirements and because of that I now have a car I love. I’m really picky and can ask a lot of questions but they were really pleasant and helpful. The customer service here really is top notch. I feel like I made a great choice going with them and would easily buy another car here.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My experience with Statewide has been great overall both in buying my car from them and with their service department. The price I got for my Mercedes was wonderful and the car was in great condition. The buying process was quick and painless and the staff has been very kind. When it came time for maintenance I was first using another company entirely but they were charging me insane rates so I decided to find out how much the service department at Statewide charged. It was a world of difference and I have been using them ever since. I highly recommend this dealership. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

Original review: March 29, 2017

If you are reading this please, please, please, please take my advice and leave these people alone and do not buy a car from them... all their cars are damaged. I bought a 60,000 BMW and a week later check engine come on & spent over 7k fixing it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

We have had a number of problems with this company. First we buy a Lexus GX470 with nothing but problems, I bring in back to the dealership 4 times and they say it's fixed. I take it the Lexus dealer and they tell me they were trying to Band-Aid the AC not fix it. 60 days after I buy it I pay it off. They send me the title about 90 days later. Over 16 months go by with nothing but problems with this car so we decided to trade it in.

When we go to trade it in they run a car fax and tell us the car has 100,000 miles more on it! Statewide rolled the miles back! We are currently in process of taking them to court. Fast forward to 2 years and I noticed Statewide turned me in to the credit bureau for a $24 balance. What's funny about that is I paid it off in full 2 years ago and in August of this year they say I owe them $24! Stay away from these people! If other people have had problems like me turn them in to the DMV investigation department!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I've now bought my second car from Statewide and I could not have had a better experience. The workers are genuine people and aren't looking to milk you for all you have. They were able to give me my dream cars for a price in my budget. Thank you Statewide! I am always going to be a customer!

Original review: July 2, 2016

Bought multiple cars from this place over the last decade. Always have a good experience. Staff is very friendly and willing to help with any and all questions. Has really helped boost my credit.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

I bought a really nice 2007 R320cdi. If you are reading this, do not buy a car from these people. They are crooks. I have had to replace transmission amongst other things. I just replaced the power steering pump. I have only had the car a little over a year. I put 6000 down and now put have paid over 2700 in repairs. These people are crooks and take advantage of people with bad credit. Warning, do not buy a car from these people. Worst dealership ever.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I purchased a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica in early 2007 from Statewide Auto. I put 6,000 down in cash and was given a payment of 429 for 48 months. I paid that. Meanwhile my transmission has had to be replaced 2 times, bought a catalytic converter, check engine light has never gone off. I repaired everything. So fast forward to November 2015 - they come and take my car stating that I owed them 2,500. They had gained interest over the last 3 1/2 years. I never received anything from them. My car was registered at my address that I have lived at for 4 years. I also maintained insurance the entire time. These people are only going to turn off the check engine light and resell the car with over 178,000 miles on it. These people take advantage of people with not so great credit and need to be investigated regarding their behavior.

Original review: July 6, 2015

I bought an 2006 750 li in December 2014. I've had problems with the vehicle having to spend at 5k in repairs causing me to miss 2 payments - 1 in April and 1 in June. They repossessed my vehicle and now won't let me pay the past due saying I must pay 8k to get my broke down car back, smh. They're truly scammers. I've paid 10k in payments and 5k in repairs. Not fair to those of us who work.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

I purchased a 06 Porsche from Statewide and spent about 15000 in repairs in 18 months. Because of the repair amount I missed a few payments. Now Statewide repoed my vehicle and won't allow me the right to pay my past due with repo fees. They want 13k. Scam.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

After speaking with a very nice American speaking person over the phone, who gave us his worst case scenario price, after overestimating a complete list we provided him, Russians showed up and changed the estimate again by $1,000! They showed up with a packed truck, resulting in items (recliner, nightstand, boxes) being taken off the truck, and transported by my wife and I, with no reduction in price. The drivers lost the slip with my credit card information on it, and I was contacted by Mr. ** who offered no apology, only a refund of the deposit, because he considered a refund of the $40 of the card transaction sufficient for my troubles.

After this, he demanded only cash payments, and wire transfers to be made. Mr. ** forced my wife to travel in the semi with the drivers, to wire him money upon arrival! She could have been raped, or worse! The driver told us Mr. **'s warehouse was a mess, and furniture was thrown into piles with no care. All of our furniture arrived broken and destroyed, and I want compensation for my furniture and distress caused by Mr. **.

Original review: May 28, 2010

I purchased this car in January of 2009. I had it for two weeks and had to take it back for over heating. The head mechanic stated that it was the over flow reservoir that needed to be replaced so we replaced the overflow. Well, I have replaced it three times for the same problem. The car kept cutting off on me so I took it back and they claimed it was a bad throttle body. Well, I replaced it three times still not the problem. I took the car back and they claim the wires were crossed.

Now the car is back in the shop because the radiator was not the problem. Replaced it for nothing and the water pump and thermostat and they claim that the car has an internal head gasket problem, which is costing me $2000.00 to repair. This was the problem in the first place. I called Jaguar and told them I was having a problem with the overflow. They immediately said is it a head casket problem not an overflow problem and they are right. I shouldn’t have to pay this bill considering this was the problem all along. I replaced everything in this car. This car is a lemon. I want something to be done about this. Engine internal head gasket has to be replaced. They have had my car for 15 days and car is still not repaired. And then they want me to make a car note. Hell, no. How about a lawsuit?

Statewide Auto Sales Company Information