3.6/5 (174 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

About First Extended Service Corporation

First Extended Service offers four auto warranty plans with coverage ranging from basic powertrain to exclusionary. First Extended Service has warranties offering up to 12 years or 200,000 miles of coverage. You can receive coverage in all 50 U.S. states and Canada. First Extended Service auto warranties are transferable.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• Available in every state and Canada
    • Long coverage options
    • Transferable plans

Cons

• Owner must cover maintenance

Bottom Line

First Extended Service has four plans with customizable term lengths. Consumer reviews are critical of the company’s claims process and customer service, but positive reviews argue the warranties are worth it.

First Extended Service Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Extended Service?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Town and Country did an amazing job. They were efficient and extremely helpful. They worked with my warranty and got the information I needed. They were also very patient with me as I had to be out of town for a bit. I will be going back when I need other things done!

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are happy to hear you had an excellent experience!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

No problems with the claim. Not that happy with the GM dealership as they left my car a mess and made no effort to dry up the antifreeze that leaked from my heater into the passenger side carpet! I picked the repair shop thinking GM would do a good job, my fault!

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are happy to hear that your claim was processed to your satisfaction. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I started this claim back in August. It took several attempts and poor communication for an inspector to come out. After months of going back and forth, the repairs finally got approved. The mechanic took a week to do the repairs and the problem still remains the same. I am unable to transfer the claim elsewhere due to the mechanic being paid and the mechanic is claiming they've done all that they can do. The whole ordeal was very frustrating and overwhelming. I had to repeatedly take off of work, lost wages, for the result to be my car still isn't fixed.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are very sorry to hear this. Please see our private message with additional details.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Honestly, I can say the turn around in full filling claim; was very fast and very efficient. Extremely impressed. Thank you as it’s my only means of transportation to/from work. Keep up the excellent service! Yes, I would definitely recommend to families, friends and coworkers

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are happy to hear the process was fast and easy!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Nothing was even preformed on my vehicle. I've been in contact with 2 dealerships for over 3 months that refuse to get back to me to give me information on a recall, fixing radio, and other issues I've been having with my vehicle.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are very sorry to hear this. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

We've had four repairs on our 2018 Equinox in the past two years covered by two claims, costing us only $100 per claim. Our GM dealer handled everything with the claims on our behalf, including explaining their diagnostics, time-frames and costs when a repair was questioned, which we would have had a hard time doing. I'm glad my wife talked me into it.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I got a new transmission in my 2013 Nissan Juke. Quality Transmission installed and did an awesome job. With my extended warranty I only had to pay 100 dollars. I’m so happy I had the plan. The bill was over 5,000 dollars and I didn’t have that kind of money to fix it. I probably wouldn’t of had it fixed if I didn’t have the warranty.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! Glad to hear we were able to help.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Horrible. Don’t buy it. It’s a joke. If you want a rental, apparently it’s a reimbursement program. But I wouldn’t know that because no one would call me about it. I haven’t had my vehicle in a month. Now at the end of all this, the misfire and coolant leak isn’t going to be covered. Mind you the coolant leak wasn’t caused my me. It was broken from the first shop that had it. It’s a waste of time and money.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are very sorry to hear about these concerns. Please see our private message with additional details.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I filled multiple claims and called many times. Service was terrible. Waiting for approval took significantly longer than promised and it put our family in a difficult position. When we called to ask about the status, we received no help. Dealership representatives told us the same thing. We will never purchase warranties from your company again.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are sorry to hear this. Please see our private message with additional information.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

The amount of wait time that it took the dealership, Family Ford of Netcong to get approval from your company before starting work, along with the wait time of them being paid was unacceptable. This delay in wait time meant that I was without a vehicle for 4 weeks. Again, this is unacceptable. Additionally, the truck is back in the shop, and again the dealership is waiting on approval from your company before repairing. The timeline on this fix is now at a week and counting. And still no vehicle.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

My deductible is one hundred dollars but yet I was still charged three hundred and twenty two dollars, even after dealer was trying to get me to pay almost six hundred and when I brought that to their attention plus they still didn’t fix everything so now I got to go to the dealership that I bought my truck from for more repairs since my check engine light came on a week after the repairs.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are very sorry to hear this. Please see our private message with additional information.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Overall the experience was good. It took quite a long time to get the repair approved, but once that was accomplished things went very well. I was disappointed that the dealership who sold me the policy had to negotiate the repair cost and was going to pass on any overage cost to me. As it worked out that didn't happen, but I was originally upset at the possibility.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are happy to hear that your claim was able to work out and that everything was taken care of appropriately. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding this experience.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Everything was done with great satisfaction. Kept us posted on developments and in a reasonable time, very friendly business and close to home. I will use this company again for our RV needs. The only inconvenience was having to pay shipping the part was heavy so out of pocket cost was high but was thankful I purchased the extended warranty.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Glad to hear you are satisfied with the process. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

The services was so bad I am cancelling my warranty. Out of a $275 claim they paid the $75, it took months to get it paid, the payment was sent to the wrong address, the emails responses were almost NON Existent. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE!

First Extended Service Corporation response

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I had to file my first extended warranty claim on my 2019 Ford 150. The first thing that was very disappointing was the call center. I called and they would not tow my vehicle to the dealership. I was told they would only tow it to the dealership that was the nearest to my location. When I purchased the extended warranty I was told that I was in 50 miles of my purchasing dealership it would be towed there. I called the dealership and was reassured that it would be towed there. I again called the call center and was told it would be $250. I HAD TO PAY FOR IT TO BE TOWED. Once at the dealership it took 3 weeks for the extended warranty company to decide if they would cover the repair. I would not purchase this warranty from this company again.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

This facility takes care of issues extremely quickly. Previous repairs have taken weeks, I have had the same repair done before and it took many many weeks. This repair shop had me booked in on Monday and out Friday of the same week.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We love to hear that your RV was able to be repaired so quickly! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I didn’t like that I wasn’t made aware at the time of warranty purchase that I would have to use the dealership for repairs. I have a shop that I use, and that I trust yet I’m forced to go to a dealership where my vehicle might sit for days before actually being worked on. Warranty doesn’t pay for rental until they confirm and authorize repairs so what am I suppose to do in the meantime while my vehicle sits in a lot for days or even weeks? I think paying as much as I did for a warranty I should be able to use a shop of my choice.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are sorry to hear this. Please see our private message requesting additional information.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I have a 2019 Chevy Silverado 2500 diesel that has headlights letting water in. So I now have an $80,000 truck with a safety issue. Their "customer service" says they don't cover sealed headlights. Very disappointing in this warranty. I was told by the dealer that it was bumper to bumper.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

We had problems with the leveling system, as the right front jack was not retracting, so took it to New Generation RV for service. This was the first claim they had to make as they are a new Torque dealer, so the claim process took a little longer than expected. The claim was approved in about 2 weeks. Once the claim was approved the repairs were completed within a week.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Happy we were able to help with the repairs to your RV. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

My car had a computer chip/board that went out and my transmission was locking up. The warranty covered the repairs without any issues. The dealership handled every thing. All I had to do was drop it off and pick it up upon completion.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are happy you are pleased with the results!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Good experience..Car rental wasn't as good. Delano Motors was good however the car rental was crazy. We got a car that was messed up. Took back only hours after. Rental vehicle was dirty and I mean dirty. How could you rent out in such condition? **

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're sorry to hear about your recent rental experience. If you still have concerns regarding your claim, please send us a private message with details. We value your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

It was a pleasure dealing with the dealership Gilber Ford out of Florida. The service department applied for the warranty claim and quickly received a response. Fortunately, my claim was approved. The part was installed in a timely fashion and my check engine light no longer appears.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are happy to hear you had an excellent experience!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

For accuracy, the claim was submitted on the Sept 13th and it wasnt even looked at until the 19th and approved on the 20th. I called every day sometimes 3 times a day, the dealer called every day, and I had the selling dealer helping any way they could. Customer support could not help in any way. All they could do was tell me it's in review. Day after day there was no claims adjuster looking at it. I am now looking to sell my car because I don't want another experience like that again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I was very frustrated that customer service initially didn’t cover the entire cost of fixing the water leak below the shower. Nowhere in our contract states a limited amount of time to repair an issue. Some problems are just harder to fix than others. Especially water leaks, which can be very hard to find. I was very disappointed it took me 15 minutes of discussing the topic with your customer service rep. However in the end, he came to agree to pay for to fix the problem. It just doesn’t need to be that hard.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Experience claim being handled was 5 star rating. Honda dealer service manager was hard to deal with. No reflection on the claim itself. Still having some problems with the HRV and believe it to be a manufacturing problem with the car itself. Have no experience with the lemon law.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are glad to hear you had a 5-star experience! Thank you for reaching out and sharing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Everything was paid for without any issues. I took my vehicle was taken to Ourismen Chevrolet in Baltimore. The vehicle was examined and the dealership was provided with my warranty information.... My vehicle had to be repaired twice so two claims had to be made to complete the repairs, and everything was handled.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are happy you are pleased with the results!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I had a mechanical issue with my vehicle that pop up out f the blue. I went and had the claim processed with the auto shop. So the auto shop was great and the claim was paid properly. The thing I am dissatisfied was the fact I was told I only had to pay a $100 deductible but I ended up having to pay more due to the fact that the parts needed were only reimbursed on WA rates not on AK rates so I ended up having to pay more than the deductible to get the issue fixed.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are sorry to hear this. Please see our private message with additional details.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Speedy and accurate service when called, gave me claim number and the warranty was covered within 1 day. Thank and everyone needs this coverage so reliable. They told me amount I had to pay. Nothing more..Now my air is so cold and everything is looking good so far.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Thank you for sharing this amazing feedback! Glad you enjoyed the experience.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I had to do some research to actually find out Assurant was covering contract....Once done that I could open an account online to see my coverages. The selling dealer at the time did not furnish enough information to make that possible. I had to call the phone number on my card to get all the info. It would be nice if my tow bill would be reimbursed since the vehicle was unsafe for me at 65 years old to drive without power steering. $170.00 plus tax.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Happy we were able to help. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I had the car in a repair shop in Dallas for over 4 months, nothing was getting done. I rented a trailer and took it to Dodge of Midland and it was fixed in less than a week. Great service, great people, great environment!

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are happy to hear that your repairs were able to get taken care of! Thank you for sharing.

First Extended Service Corporation Company Information

First Extended Service
    www.assurant.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: