3.6(578)
By:
Author picture
Edited by:

About Assurant Extended Warranty

Assurant Vehicle Care provides extended vehicle service contracts for new and pre-owned vehicles. Formerly operating as First Extended, Assurant bought out the company in 2018. The company offers four plans and uses an app called Vehicle Care for policyholders to file digital claims, manage their plans and track upcoming vehicle maintenance. Assurant offers plans in all 50 states and even parts of Canada.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Easy-to-use app
  • All plans are fully transferable
Cons
  • Lack of information on site
  • Plans only offered by dealerships

Stars Rating

• 56%
  • 7%
  • 6%
  • 6%
  • 25%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Vehicle Care?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Vehicle Care?

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Excellent service and warranty experience from Stuckey Ford. Repair was necessary because of failed water pump. Warranty request submitted and approved in timely manner resulting in little downtime for my automobile. Would recommend warranty without hesitation. The extended warranty was offered as part of my purchase of a 2015 Mustang GT convertible.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and are pleased you are satisfied with the warranty.

Customer ServiceTech

Reviewed June 24, 2024

Took four times to resolve with approval process. Dealer acts like they are spending their money to fix things. Almost to point of customer abuse at the dealer. I walked out and left my truck. I don't understand. Please have someone call me. Can I go to a different dealership?

Pinned

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're facing. We've sent you a private message asking for more details.

Resolution In Progress
    CoverageRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed June 22, 2024

I recently found myself in a situation where I had to shell out over $600 for repairing my vehicle, despite those repairs being within the coverage of the warranty. I'm currently in the process of waiting for the refund check to arrive, and this whole experience has been extremely frustrating and inconvenient.

Pinned

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We take matters like this very seriously and would like to investigate further so that we can address your concerns. We have sent you a private message requesting more details.

Resolution In Progress
    Customer ServiceTech

Reviewed June 19, 2024

Took my truck in for work on my front axle which is a day or two job and took a week and a half and then when they called me that it was ready the dealership employee wrecked my vehicle so had to wait another two weeks for my truck.

Pinned

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and frustration that you have experienced. This is not the kind of experience we want our consumers to have. However, we are relieved to hear that the issue was resolved. Please rest assured that your feedback has been noted. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 18, 2024

Quick and efficient as always. It did take a while to get the parts I needed for my car but that's not their fault! Like how they always email me as well. I don't like how most of my parts are covered under warranty but not the labor. That's my only complaint.

Pinned

We are pleased to hear that you had a quick and efficient experience. If you would like to discuss the labor portion of your case with our internal partners, please reply to our private message.

Reviewed June 17, 2024

I had a bit of trouble submitting my documents using the website. I was then instructed to submit them in a reply to an email which was much easier. Once my documents were submitted, I was very pleased with how quickly I was notified of the results. All the representatives I spoke with on the phone were very helpful.

Pinned

We are happy to hear that the document issue was resolved and that all of our representatives provided helpful assistance. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are committed to continuously improving our service to meet your expectations.

Claims HandlingPrice

Reviewed June 5, 2024

We took our 2017 Ram 1500 to the dealership to check for a turn signal problem. They found one out of a string of 10 LEDs was not working. Their tech explained that the LED cannot be repaired and the entire headlight unit would need to be replaced. The cost of the headlight unit is over $1000.00, our claim was denied. Today was the first time we used First Extended and found that they were no help whatsoever!

Pinned

We're sorry you had a negative experience. If you'd like a second review, please reply to our private message.

TechPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 4, 2024

It was very quick and they kept me well informed. It helped me out a lot! Quick and easy process! They are great, best experience I’ve had with a dealership being honest and caring about my time. They kept me well informed over the course of waiting for the ext warranty to be approved or not and got my vehicle well taken care of!

Pinned

We are delighted to hear that you had the best experience ever! Ensuring that each experience is efficient and well-communicated is our top priority, and we are thrilled that we achieved this for you. Thank you for your feedback!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Unless you can afford to go without your vehicle for weeks at a time, do not purchase a policy from this company. My truck has been in the shop for weeks without repair. The company dragged their feet approving the estimate, then denied it and gave no option to appeal! I had to cancel the nonrefundable reservations on my summer road trip. Save yourself the money up front, pay for the repairs yourself and avoid the headache of dealing with this manipulative and deceiving company.

Pinned

We apologize for the inconvenience you’ve faced with your claim. We understand the importance of having a reliable vehicle and are genuinely sorry for any delays you’ve experienced. Our team is committed to improving our processes and ensuring timely approvals and repairs. If you would like to discuss this matter with our internal partners, please respond to our private message.

Claims HandlingTech

Reviewed May 22, 2024

Initially I was told the claims process was quick. I was told that the claims are usually approved within 48 hours and then it would be about 2 weeks before my vehicle was ready to take home. It took 2 months. I bought the vehicle and got to drive it for only 4 days before it then sat at the dealership for 2 months before getting it back. While I am grateful for the warranty I am also completely unsatisfied with the amount of time it took to get my vehicle back in my possession.

Pinned

We regret the delay you encountered with your claim. While we appreciate your gratitude for the warranty, we understand your frustration with the prolonged repair duration. We have sent you a private message in the event you would like to discuss your experience further.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

You declined anything that costed more than 5 dollars. The slide coverage that you say that you will cover specifically asked for service and yet you will not pay for it. This is a complete waste of money and you should not be able to sell the se sham policies that pay for nothing.

Pinned

Thank you for contacting us and bringing this matter to our attention. We apologize for any frustration you may have experienced while processing your claim. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we are committed to looking into this matter further. We have sent you a private message requesting additional details to assist you further.

Claims Handling

Reviewed May 17, 2024

The good news is that my claim was approved. The bad news is that even though the invoice showed that I already paid Tires Plus, someone processing the claim made a mistake and made the check payable to Tires Plus and mailed it to Tires Plus at their address. So it has now been over 2 months since I made the claim and I don't know when I might get the money.

Pinned

We understand the inconvenience caused by the delay and are committed to resolving this issue for you. We have already contacted you via private message to gather more details. Your input is invaluable to us, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

CoverageRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed May 15, 2024

Warranty would not cover a trans cooler, due to my husband's Stage IV Cancer, I couldn't afford it - have the car back for three days and it is not shifting again. My husband can't get into our truck our only other vehicle. We are again without a car, it was in the first time for 5 weeks. Let's see how long and how much this will cost out of pocket.

Pinned

We are truly sorry to hear about the challenges you are facing, especially given your husband's health situation. We understand the importance of reliable transportation during such difficult times and deeply regret any inconvenience caused throughout your claim process. Please respond to our private message so we can better understand your situation and see if we can help. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and we are here to support you through this process.

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Have not repaired my truck. I’m still waiting. Four times the same problem. The truck still at the service center. No response. Not been repaired. No way to move around. Stranded. Been waiting for a response from GMC or Parkway. They can’t or don’t know how to repair my my truck.

Pinned

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing and would like to see if we can help. We sent you a private message asking for further details.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Dealer was unable to verify warranty. Took them many hours to do so. Because of this I had to go rent a car on my own. As of this date, I have not received any repayment for the car rental. Warranty not in my name but showed on vin #.

Pinned

We're sorry to hear about your situation and understand how frustrating it must be. We have sent you a private message to gather more details.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

My biggest compliment would have to be that I did not have to get involved during the whole process which is great for me since I'm pretty busy during normal business hours. I've been let down from previous warranty companies in the past now I feel more confident that I have a good company backing me.

Pinned

We're glad to hear that you could navigate the situation without needing to get directly involved and that you're feeling more assured with us. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed May 7, 2024

The process was painless for us, we went through an independent RV facility in Modesto CA who commented on their excellent experience with you guys. Took less than 2 weeks (they needed time to find the replacement awning) total for us to be up and going again! Appreciate the EXCELLENT service by you and the Dealer we went to!

Pinned

We're delighted to hear that you had a seamless and efficient experience that exceeded your expectations. Your feedback on the painless and swift process is greatly appreciated, and it brings us great joy to know that we were able to provide you with excellent service.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I appreciate Assurant for the ease of their claims process. The Auto repair shop was able to get in contact with the right people to explain the repairs. I had some minor engine repairs, brake monitor repair, and motor mounts. After a couple of days, Assurant replied with what could be covered. Assurant stood by the extended warranty they promised. Thank you Assurant staff.

Pinned

That's wonderful to hear! It truly warms our hearts to know that we were able to assist you in a helpful and efficient manner. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Was very satisfied with the service provided by the dealership. The staff was very on point with the service they worked on. Would recommend this extra plan to any owner. The Lincoln Dealership was very professional and called each day to help us experience the flow of the day .. Always needed and we are very thankful for their relationship ..

Pinned

We're glad to hear that the staff provided you with professional and on-point service. Your kind words mean a lot to us, and we appreciate your recommendation. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

We have had to have our van in for warranty issues 3 times this past year. It was the most frustrating experience ever. The warranty company did not want to warranty our van even though the issues we had were specifically listed on our policy. We will never buy a warranty from this company again.

Pinned

We are truly sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience. Please respond to the private message we sent you, and we will be more than happy to ask our internal partners to conduct a second review of your case.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 30, 2024

My claim experience was great. The turn around time the claim that was submitted by the repair facility and how quick it was approved really helped get repairs expedited. I submitted receipts for my car rental and that claim was also handled quickly and efficiently. When I called by phone great customer service was always provided.

Pinned

We're glad to hear that your experience was great and that you received fast and exceptional customer service.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

I was very pleased with the work, the short time it took to repair my vehicle and the professionalism. When I first called to gather information about my warranty I was treated with respect, all the details were explained thoroughly and everything I was told was exactly as he stated. I'm so glad I had a warranty when I needed it!

Pinned

We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with the work. It's great to know that the team provided you with a fast and professional service. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we are grateful for your kind words.

Claims HandlingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Christopher Dodge repaired the problem promptly. They replaced the water pump under the extended insurance warranty. The claim was paid with a deductible of $100. The insurance warranty that I purchased with the vehicle new was now worth it with this repair at 78,000 miles.

Pinned

We're glad to hear that everything went well and your repair was done promptly.

Claims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed April 29, 2024

Thank you to the team that handled my claims from Nissan service center to Assurant that processed the claim. I'm happy that everything was covered. I would say the timeliness of approving the parts could've been better, I believe it took over a week. However, Nissan let me borrow a rental for the whole time. Thank you to Nissan for that.

Pinned

We're happy to hear that our coverage was helpful. We have noted your feedback regarding the approval time for parts, and we will certainly work towards improving our processes to provide you with even better service in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Took a long time for the job to be complete, job was complete and repair was good, but the door gasket had to be removal during the repair multiple door gasket were damaged/deformed upon removal, I'm still trying to get the dealership to correct the issue, also the zipper on the passenger front seat cover broke during reassembly and had to add repair time to replace it as well, but the fitment is not as good as the original.

Pinned

We regret to learn about the issues you have encountered. We have sent you a private message asking for more details.

Reviewed April 23, 2024

Overall it all work out good. Thank you. I'm happy with all the work and I will recommended. Never have to used insurance. My first time very good experience. Easy to use and will recommended to my friend and family. Thank you so much. The only thing I didn't like so much was the time they took to do the repaint but I know that was a lot of work

Pinned

Thank you for your recommendation. Your feedback is important to us, and we are glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I took my car to the Ford dealership for work because the problem with the car would have required ford to program the new parts. I was then told that my warranty company wouldn’t approve the work because I was within 40 miles of the Chevy dealership I bought the car from. There were so many extra steps and added time to get my car fixed than there needed to be.

Pinned

Your feedback has been documented for process improvements. We are truly sorry to hear about the issues you faced.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

Did not have any hassles in my service. The service person was greatly helpful and understanding. I HAD 2 PROBLEMS CORRECTED plus two recalls done. I left my vehicle there and picked it up the next afternoon. I was called when the part came in and brought the car in and it was done in very good time.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! Glad to hear we were able to help.

Reviewed April 13, 2024

I recently had the oil pump replaced on my 2017 Chevy Z71 Suburban. However the repairs were delayed, because your records showed a “gap” in my oil & filter servicing of the vehicle, and I was repeatedly asked to provide records of two oil changes, which were admittedly performed not at the local Chevy dealership. This in and of itself is not the issue. The issue was that just months earlier, you replaced my entire transmission, and I had already provided the records for the two oil changes.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We have sent you a private message asking for more details.

Reviewed April 10, 2024

Furnace: The furnace wouldn't heat, sail switch needed to be replaced. Very hard location to access the furnace. Insurance wouldn't pay for the extra time necessary, so I had to pay for it. Insurance should have a flexible hourly limit based on furnace location. Black cable replacement: no issues. 4 star rating overall. 5 stars for PC Mechanical service. 3 stars for Insurance not being flexible and covering the repair costs.

Pinned

We are sorry to hear that the repair costs were not covered. We would like to investigate this further and have sent a private message requesting more information.

Assurant Extended Warranty Company Information