Learn More

3.0/5 (35 ratings)
Learn More

About First Extended Service Corporation

First Extended Service offers four auto warranty plans with coverage ranging from basic powertrain to exclusionary. First Extended Service has warranties offering up to 12 years or 200,000 miles of coverage. You can receive coverage in all 50 U.S. states and Canada. First Extended Service auto warranties are transferable.

Pros

• Available in every state and Canada
  • Long coverage options
  • Transferable plans

Cons

• Owner must cover maintenance

Bottom Line

First Extended Service has four plans with customizable term lengths. Consumer reviews are critical of the company’s claims process and customer service, but positive reviews argue the warranties are worth it.

First Extended Service Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Extended Service Corporation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Extended Service?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I have dealt with your company several times with my phone and car. Both experiences were without a doubt the easiest to get through the claims process. I was very impressed and will continue to recommend your company to everyone I can, Thank you for a very smooth and easy time when dealing with insurance.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Darlene - Thank you for recommending us! Happy to hear you had hassle-free experiences!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Aside from needing an entire new motor after only putting 20k on a 2018 truck, dealing with the warranty company was worse than 10 root canals. The shop was great and did everything they could. The claims portion of the warranty company said that my warranty was void because the truck was originally sold in Canada. I then called the customer service department, because they do not make outgoing calls, and was told that the warranty should not have been sold to me. This was not the first warranty issue, and I was told the other services were covered because they were small.

The second CS agent told me the same thing but the previous services were covered because they didnt know that the truck was from Canada. This leads me to believe both of the customer service agents were lying. After numerous angry visits to the dealer, and angry phone calls to everyone, I then received a call from the sales rep and spoke with him and the sale dept., who told me there was nothing to worry about and that the truck was covered. All of this back and forth between three departments in a company, two of which are not on the same page as the third, took over three weeks to get to the next step of the repair...which took 5 months.

This is the worst service I have ever received, if I didn't fight for this, jump through the numerous hoops, and take hours out of my days to get to the bottom of this, I would have been stuck with a $13k bill. I really hope they don't do this to any of their other customers. I would absolutely never recommend this company to anyone. I'd rather pay double for the same coverage to not deal with this.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered, James. Thank you for bringing this feedback to our attention.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I requested a tow that was delayed constantly and I eventually cancelled. I arranged another tow company to handle. When they arrived, my car was gone. I called Assurant back and they had no current information. I came to learn that they picked up my car after it was cancelled! I had no idea where my car was! This was a terrible experience! I will not recommend.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're so sorry to hear this happened, Denise. We have shared your review internally, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I took My Truck into the dealer where I purchased it, After diagnosing the problem, my truck will need a new engine. The dealer told me that a claim was filed & a maintenance log was needed to review. The dealer sent that upon request. This was started on October 12. After talking to the dealer on 10-19-21, they suggested that I try to contact First extended service corporation to see if I could get them to approve the claim. After calling them every day. After talking to customer service, they said it can take 24-48 hours to be approved. it is now October 21, so it has been 7 business days. I am paying for a vehicle that I am unable to drive! Not to mention, I will have to pay a deductible when I pick it up after service is complete. I just don't understand what the major hold up is and why no one will get back to you? I hate to come on here and complain but this may be the only way to help this get resolved.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're so sorry to hear this, Gary. Please check your private messages, as we'd like to acquire further details.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I brought auto in almost a month ago to have them order a part under warranty that makes the door code work. Have not heard a word. Also called number I was given to file a chip in front glass. Have not heard a word. Not very impressed with Ford customer service on warranty work! I think the claim number is correct. It would not copy.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Our apologies for the issue you're facing, Kathy, but we're happy to help. For assistance, please refer to the private message we've sent.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Dissatisfied my vehicle is still in the shop as I speak after getting a engine replacement took a whole month then the part that was replace is defective. Now I been waiting 2 1/2 for more work to be done. Horrible service.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Our apologies for the delay, Katherine. For further assistance, please refer to the private message we've sent.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

The entire experience was timely and well-structured; special thanks to Deborah ** in Service who ably facilitated the entire process. There was no difficulty whatsoever with the repair facility or the claims process. I would not hesitate to recommend either in the future.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Thanks for sharing your review with us, Richard! We're happy to hear we could be of assistance.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

My experience was very overwhelmed, emotional and concerning. On 8/26/2021 I was told my car had to be towed to the location I bought my car. Which is the Hornell location. The next morning I got a call saying my car can not be worked on at that location. That it will need to be towed to the Big flats location but would not be towed until Monday 4 days after my car was towed there. Then I was told I could not get a loaner until the diagnosis it but instead of the hornell location doing that so my claim could at least be open so I would have a car they made me wait. After my car finally got to the big flats location, after it's been just sitting at the Cornell location. The Big flats location still made me wait 3 more daysl! Knowing I had no car for a whole week now and I could not open the claim until they did the test! I feel My contract was dishonored due to not have a loaner car for more than half of the time my car was in the shop.

Almost 2 weeks I went without any vehicle even after it was finally diagnosed. It clearly states in my warranty that I would have a loan car in these situations. Then I finally get a car through a rent place. I had the rental car for 15 days! I had to pay 255 out of pocket after what the warranty did cover. Even though if I would have been given a car from Simmons Rockwelll either in Hornell, bath big flats and so on I would not have had to pay that. Most importantly several time I would call I would either be hung up on, told they don't know how to access the account, that the person who does is not working today, there's nothing they can do to help me, they don't know what to do. That I will have to call another day or not answer my questions then just stopped answering my calls. I had to go as far as calling the sales person and the financial support team to get any help!

Then the service department kept trying to tell me that my car needed a new battery. I had to keep explaining to the "Car Experts" the ones that my car's hands are in that the reason the battery is not running properly right now is because of the serpentine belt, the whole reason the car is even there the belt is broke in half! That belt controls the power steering alternator water pump ac and the battery! The battery can not hold a charge without that belt being on. That they needed to Put the belt on then it will work just fine. I received 3 different calls from the same person saying that the battery needed to be replaced but not once did they listen to what I was trying to say! Finally when they put the belt on after 3 days of trying to force me to replaced the battery for extra $250. The battery was worked just fine.

This made me feel uneasy as they seemed not to know what they are doing. Very unexperienced. But then they forced me to pay for the time they wasted messing with the battery that was perfectly fine to begin with and a job that should have taken 15 mins to put a new belt on turned into a 1hour and 1/2. A job that I was told from the beginning before I even called for the tow I was COMPLETELY COVERED FOR ENDED UP COSTING ME!!! After a little over 3 weeks I finally got my car back!!! If I was not misleaded about the repair for the belt being completely covered, if I was told it was not going to be covered I would have not taken there!!! If I was told I was not going to get a loaner car I would have gone somewhere elsewhere! If I was told a job that takes 15 mins would have taken 3 weeks I would have went elsewhere! I would have taken anywhere else and I would have had my car back the same day or the next! I would not have had to pay for non experienced people who do not know what the belt control wasting more of my time.

I would have NEVER bought the extended warranty if I would have known all of the misleading information and the fact that my contract would be dishonored! I feel very wronged!! A extended warranty that coast 5000 should not be sold to people when it's not going to be covered by the seller. I paid for my car and the warranty in full That same day for something like this to happen is unforgettable!

First Extended Service Corporation response

We are so sorry to see you faced these obstacles, Kailey. If you still need assistance or would like to discuss this with someone, please check the private message we've sent.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I am disgusted by the business practices your company stands by. You have cost me over two thousand dollars for something that was out of my control. Your customer service dept says that you are only bound by the terms of contract when in fact your business practices caused the breach of contract and in fact may cost me my job because I can't get to work. I can't wait to see you in court and you realize something that could have cost you 2000 costs you way more.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're so sorry to hear you're encountering this issue with your claim, Daniel. If you'd like for us to pass your case along for review, please respond to the private message we've sent.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

While on vacation and far from home, the toilet in my 5th wheel trailer broke. The foot pedal snapped off which left the water running non stop and kept the valve open. Called Sierra RV to take care of the repair. They asked (actually reminded me) if I had an extended warranty. Handled contacting the warranty company and then were out to the RV park within a couple of hours to replace the toilet. Could not ask for better service.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're so happy to hear you had a great experience. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I have been buying vehicles at Ron Sayer (formally Ellsworth Dodge) since 1974. Service always excellent. This last time I had a trip on Friday and the service department was able to get the work done before the trip. The complementary car wash was a pleasant surprise.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We brought the car in for a NYS Inspection, during which time the repair service found another problem. We gave them our information and your phone number and they handled it all. Perfect! We understand about the deductible but it would be nice if your payments included an amount for taxes. Thanks, Mel **

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're happy to hear you had a great experience. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

My only disappointment is that I had to leave the car overnight (an extra day) because the dealer did not get the authorization on the day of the appointment. I left the car at the dealer at 8:40 a.m. the first day. I don't know if the delay was on the part of the Dealer or of Assurant. Otherwise, all repairs of my faulty AC system were completed. I'm so glad that I purchased this protection when I bought my new 2017 Honda CR-V!!

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're happy to see your issue was resolved, Cynthia! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I was having a problem with my truck taking a long time to start. I took my truck to Red River Toyota in Wynne, Arkansas and they diagnosed my problem as an injector problem. They contacted you about coverage and you approved the repair. They replaced the injectors and the problem was corrected for a period of time. I started having the same problem again and I took the truck to Orr Toyota in Searcy, Arkansas where I had purchased the truck. They told me I needed a new battery and installed one. They also replaced a filter above the fuel tank because I could not fill my truck with fuel without only adding a very little amount of fuel over a very long period of time.

That fixed the fuel filling problem but did not correct the starting problem, so rather than take it back to them again, I took it back to Red River in Wynne. The mechanic that had replaced the injectors before said that he was seeing the same problem with other customers that were farmers and were in muddy conditions often. He had replace the injectors in one of my farm neighbors Tundra three times. He suggested moving the filter from the rear of the truck to the front under the hood so it could be cleaned or replaced easily. I am going to take my truck back to Red River Toyota in Wynne as soon as I can to have the injectors and the fuel pump replaced and the filter moved to the front of the truck if that does not effect the warranty.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Mike, happy to hear the coverage assisted you with the repair. We sent you a private message with further details.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Very inconsiderate I been with yall since 2005. Longer than some of these agents working there. How can Asurion take off my insurance on a device without my knowledge. Poor customer service and lack of answers to resolve situation.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're sorry to see you're facing this obstacle, Matthia. For clarification, we are Assurant and not affiliated with Asurion. If by chance your issue is through us, please send us a private message with additional details.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I was surprised at the overall lack of hassle involved in the process. The time it took to get the claim approved was definitely a pleasant surprise. This warranty cost slightly more than most other warranties I have had, but so far it seems it will be worth every penny I paid. Thanks for the great service.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Darrell, we are happy to hear you had an awesome experience. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

What can I say or mention that has not been mention in these reviews, this extended warranty company is the worst. They are trying their hardest not to pay up. They are quick to take your money but do not answer when it comes to paying up. PLEASE HOLD YOUR END OF THE CONTRACT. FIX MY CAR!!!! I purchased the comprehensive warranty and my car is about to be at Toyota for 2 weeks! My car is a Toyota Corolla. These people are acting like it's a BMW my god. Do yourself a favor and stay away from these crooks.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Luis, we are sorry to hear about your case. A private message was sent to you asking for further details.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Took too long to get authorization to get service done, a lot of," I will call you." No estimated time, no update. Hopefully my car is fixed correctly, for what the cost was. If not it will be back up there. Customer service somewhat decent.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Tanya, we are sorry to hear about your experience. In the event you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your best contact number.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

The dealerships and the warranty company that were supposed to be taking care of repairing my blown transmission would not communicate with each other which caused a 4 week delay in even starting the repair. This was only ever rectified when I placed multiple calls to all parties to even get the ball rolling. Then I was told that parts explicitly covered under the plan were not covered and I had to pay out of pocket over $300. I was without my car for almost 2 months, and half of that time, my car just sat there with nothing being done to it. Then when I got my car back, there were still things wrong with it that I had to fix myself. Overall a very frustrating, annoying, and disappointing experience.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Sam, we are sorry to hear about your experience. A private message was sent to you asking for further details.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Had we not had the backing of a woman named Anne and Dennis **, the selling company AND Steamboat Springs Motors, you would have run us in circles and back again with a holiday weekend coming up. All you had to do was verify coverage, you did that immediately and it was covered. Next you would have given a claim number, Anne had to procure that, you would not work with Steamboat Springs Motors, and last you would have simply given us an approval number. Anne had to get that for us. Had we not had an army in our corner, you would have completely stranded us with only a small amount of trip insurance available and and no place to stay over the weekend. No, you don't get high marks for that unconscionable behavior.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Diane - We are truly sorry to hear about the issues with your case. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Your concerns have been documented for process improvements.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Pleased that you authorized repair. But I will never go back to this dealer. Car in on a Monday, diagnosed and part ordered. Part came on Thursday, was promised would be done Friday. Was not even started by late Fri afternoon and they denied saying it would be. Car sat there over Labor Day week, was not even started Tues. I got car and my own mechanic is fixing it. I will have to pay for it myself since your warranty will not cover. No other Kia dealer near me. Not sure why you can't just pay my mechanic. Would probably be a lot cheaper.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Mary, we are sorry to hear you are disappointed in your recent interaction. Please send us a private message if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

My Transmission went on on my 2016 Buick Enclave that had 76,000 miles on it. They Towed it from Tupelo to New Albany for me to the Chevrolet store and put a transmission in it for me and the brought it back to Tupelo for me. Simple easy process. Thank you Barnes Crossing Auto Group!

First Extended Service Corporation response

Kevin, happy to hear you had a great and simple process. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

While on a 3,000 mile motorcycle trip my rear tire was damaged and leaking air. I was able to get to Rt 30 Harley Davidson in Upper Sandusky, OH. The dealer took care of everything! Within a few hours I was back on the road.

First Extended Service Corporation response

We're thrilled to hear you had a fast resolution. Thank you for this great insight!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

This is the second time I have used my Assurant auto warranty and the ease of service and coverage have been awesome. Paul Brown Motors has made the repairs in both instances and I have been extremely pleased with their work and the ease of using my warranty coverage. Thank You!

Original review: July 26, 2021

Everything was straightforward and consistent with the policy. I highly recommend every customer purchase this policy with their pre owned vehicle. You pay upfront but to have the peace of mind that it is covered is invaluable.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I was delighted with your services and your super quick response to taking care of my repairing costs. I know I was so lucky to have Assurant backing me up for the repairs to my car. It was totally amazing ... Thank you 100x times for your help!!!

First Extended Service Corporation response

Janet - You're very welcome! Glad to hear we provided you with outstanding service!

Original review: June 30, 2021

I purchased a BMW from a Ford dealership. I purchased the high tech package. the air conditioning went out and a seat sensor for the seat belt needed replacing. I called Groove Ford and was told I had to take the car to the BMW dealership. I did. First Extended said I have to take it to the Ford And they have to sublet the work. It’s INSANE. They won’t help, I have been in their queue twice for a call back and it doesn’t happen. I have had Ford and BMW people call in. My contract has NO TIEBACK language which they are relying on to not proceed with the claim. It’s been almost 3 weeks. Still no resolution. Do not buy this crap.

First Extended Service Corporation response

Kevin - Sorry to hear about your experience. A private message was sent to you asking for further details.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I bought a comprehensive policy that was supposed to cover everything that the original warranty covered for $2,458. As many other reviewers noted, the company seems to do everything possible to avoid paying claims. My particular issue was that a sunroof motor needed to be replaced as part of replacing the track. They wouldn't cover the motor even though it was necessary and the Ford warranty would have covered it (according to the Ford dealer doing the repair).

I've had 3 calls and spent at least 2 hours on the phone (much of it on hold) and even had a conference call with the Ford service rep. After threatening to sue them I eventually got transferred to a "specialist" named Elisha but she could not or perhaps would not even give me an address to make a demand that they cover the repair. She also said there was an appeal process but could not tell me what that appeal process was. She said she'd have to review the case with a supervisor to see whether they could tell me the appeal process. Talk about a run-around.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

My experience was terrible. It’s difficult to get someone on the line and clearly they don’t communicate with each other. I had to come out of pocket for towing and still can’t get reimbursed for a rental car that is in my policy. This service sucks, go anywhere else!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Just signed up with First Extended a few months ago. The process was easy and the cost was flexible based on the specs I wanted and was able to compare costs of these specifics, as I made my final decision.

First Extended Service Corporation Company Information