Endurance Auto Warranty

4.1/5 (1532 ratings)
Get Pricing
Endurance Warranty Reviews

About Endurance Warranty Reviews

Endurance Warranty provides extended vehicle protection plans backed by a 30-day refund policy. Coverage comes in six different tiers, letting you choose the right option for your needs. Payments plans for up to 36 months are available, and you can potentially transfer coverage should you sell your vehicle.

Pros

• Long repayment schedules
    • Some plans are transferable
    • No broker or intermediary
    • Extends coverage to older cars

Cons

• Limited rental car reimbursements
    • No corrosion coverage

Bottom Line

Endurance Warranty’s six plans offer a variety of coverages to fit different situations. Average plan costs are middling, but the company’s coverage options and customer service make it worthwhile.

Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: April 10, 2022

I had a problem with my car and everything went real smooth. I called the Cadillac place and they told me that Endurance came out and did an inspection and that it would be approved in a couple of days. I called Endurance and the rep told me that I should be hearing something from them in a day or two. True enough, they contacted the Cadillac place. Then Cadillac contacted me and said everything went through. Endurance didn't hesitate or drag their feet. I was very pleased about it. Go to Endurance because they are the best in the house.

Original review: April 9, 2022

Too expensive for seniors on fixed income. Most people who drive older cars are seniors. Middle aged people with jobs can buy newer cars with warranties. Too expensive. Do I pay for medicine or pay for car warranty. Right now everyone is fighting to survive in this economy. Carshield was cheaper but Endurance happened to be in my area. What can your company do about this?

Original review: April 9, 2022

Endurance has been good. They’re reasonable and gave more coverage than anybody else. They gave us a lot of tips, oil changes, and a lot of extra stuff, which is cool.

Original review: April 9, 2022

Endurance is a good company. We had an oil change recently and Endurance handled it fine. It’s just getting with the company, and them waiting on the approval to go ahead and how much they will cover on it.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I used my Endurance contract for the first time this week and they knocked it out of the park! I have a 2015 Mercedes SL400 and had a covered repair done at the local Mercedes dealer. One of the hydraulic lines that operate the trunk lift has ruptured. The repair required 6 hours of labor, so you can guess what it would have cost out of pocket. Endurance fully covered the repair (minus my $100 deductible) with no problem. My service advisor said they were great to work with, covered the repairs, and were responsive when called. She said they were much better than some other companies they have had to work with. So happy I went with Endurance and am recommending them to others.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Endurance has been great. We did a claim when the car wouldn't start, and it was only a $100 deductible and they covered the rest. It was awesome. One benefit of having the warranty is them being there when the repair is needed. It's good to have that peace of mind.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Endurance came up to one of the best ones so I got it. The rep told me everything they were going to cover. overall, I've had some bad experiences with them. The first time I used it was about a year ago and it was up north. My car broke down and I wanted to fix it. Those people wouldn't call on the Endurance. They said they would give me the receipt and that Endurance would pay me if I send the receipt in. I did that and they refused to pay. That cost me $1,800.

The second time I used Endurance was down here a couple of months ago when the water pump went out on the car. The shop needed a radiator and a water pump. When they had the car all torn down, they found also the alternator should be replaced because the bearing was bad. He asked, “Why put it all back together and only in a couple of weeks maybe tear it down again?" The tech was gonna put the alternator in for cost and Endurance said they don't cover that because they consider that normal use. Also, I got rental cars but I didn't get anything out of that. In the end, Endurance only paid part of the cost. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Endurance had good plans and I went with them. The only issue I have with Endurance is that they weren’t very upfront about the whole thing. I did a claim through them and I was paying on time. The problem I had was the amount of coverage that they did on my car ran out in December. It met the maximum amount they're gonna put out for my car but they never told me anything. They just allowed me to keep paying on a policy that wasn't going to fix my car if I had any problems. The only reason I knew of that is I had to have a CV joint taken care of. I made sure that was covered but they came back and said, “No, you met your maximum already. So, we can't cover it.” Who would want to pay a policy that you’re not covering anybody on?

Other than that, I've always had a great experience with customer service. No one's ever been rude. It's just that business practice is shady. If it came down to me suggesting somebody for a car warranty, I would have told them Endurance. Now, I have second thoughts about whether I want to do that. In fact, I got my mom into Endurance and she's got a newer car than mine. After what happened with me, she questioned whether she wants to continue.

Original review: April 7, 2022

The plan options were good. The first time I used the warranty, it was a good-sized repair. Endurance was very nice. They helped the dealership quickly and took care of it. Recently, I had an oil change on my Kia Optima. The cost of the warranty is kind of high but it's that or being in a lot of trouble if I lose my car. I've been very pleased with Endurance. Both times, I needed it. And both times, I didn't have to come up with beaucoup money.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I got denied on my 1st warranty claim on semantics and wording on a fuel pump for my automobile. Now I have to wait for a pro-rated check to retrieve a portion of my money back. Some companies are good. ENDURANCE in my opinion is a manipulating, high pressure SCAM company. Buyer beware! Now dig deep and check their unhappy customers. Any way to deny a claim they will find and continue to do so. Disappointed from bottom to top, beware.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Signing up with Endurance was a pretty positive experience and it seemed like a very promising warranty program. I had a few claims around Christmas time and I was surprised when they denied certain things that I thought were included, but turned out weren't included. For instance, my car has a turbo charger and the coverage that I bought included that. But they don't cover the most common causes of turbo charger failure. So they try to hide behind a lot of nitpicky. Where it looks like it's covered on page 12. But then you read further to page 22 and it says it’s not covered.

Another case was when there was a part that was damaged by one of the parts that's covered. When that breaks, they don't cover the parts that get damaged. So Endurance has some funny little things where they try and find loopholes. The next one was a part that finally was covered that they then denied. I called Endurance and made a little bit of a fuss and then they said that I was right and it is covered.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I had a pretty good experience with the reps. But I had one bad experience with a dude there. I took my car somewhere and they diagnosed that something was leaking when to my knowledge, their wasn't. So I called them and said, "Why did you guys deny it? It was all right." And this dude was just unprofessional. He ended up hanging up on me. I wasn't really happy about that. But after that, I got to somebody who took care of things for me.

Original review: April 5, 2022

They make it sound so good until you need to use it. Then they have a million reasons why they are not going to cover your claim and you spend a ton of time on the phone with them trying to get everything resolved and then they come up with more reasons why they will not cover your claim.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Is valuable to have for when need it. I did let go for reason of high cost of gas which sky rocketed unprecedentedly leaving many people stranded and non able to get to work and back. Everything else went sky-high in top of the pandemic. Crazy high with government unable to rescue its citizens from such abusive commerce practices. So, like many other good things in life I had to cancel membership and let it go too. Not my preferred move but not much options. Like I saying, everything is going belly up these days. We are not all in this together. That's obvious but; what else we can do? I'll do recommend Endurance to everyone in town, no doubt!

Original review: April 4, 2022

Conversation on phone with agent, was very informal. He understood what I was looking for. Informed me what is all covered in the policy, and worked with me about the time frame I wanted to start it. We set up a date to get it started.

Original review: April 1, 2022

We went to get an oil change. They found out that something was wrong with the compressor and they changed the part. The claim was easy. Endurance took care of everything for us. I'm happy with them and I would recommend them. Some of the people that answer the phone calls are not as nice but the person that took care of me was very nice and helpful. I had to call during my break, and the time waiting period was long, until I had somebody to tell me that they were doing business in Central Time. We're Eastern and they told me I could call after 5:00 my time. The times were a little bit hectic for me because I’m at work 8:00 to 5:00. It took me two weeks to get somebody on the phone and it was not until one person that told me, “We close at 6:00, your time.” I didn’t know that.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Endurance has 2.2 million people that pay them about $109 a month, so they have $238 million a month, times 12, which is $2.7 billion. They make more money than the auto manufacturers in the United States combined and actually pay the claims. Even if they paid 500 million in claims, they have the pockets enough to pay the claims, which is important to me. I find them to be a good company. They're very personable. They even have a little grace period on your warranty if you're late a couple of days on the payment. I did a small claim with them and they paid Pep Boys. The process was straightforward. They're good for the larger ticket items, too. They'll do transmission, every lubricated part. They do the air conditioning, the electrical systems, and the motors in the windows. They cover a lot of things. They're a reputable company and cost effective.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The first time I used Endurance when I had issues with my car, it was very annoying because it took too long to get paid. I had to have a rental car for more than a week, and they only paid for five days. I couldn't get some of the issues fixed at the time because they didn't cover them. So I had to put money for myself. I'm still waiting for the car to get fixed. I wasn't happy at all. That's why I cancelled my policy with Endurance and I haven't paid them because I don't want it anymore. Because when I was sold the product, I was sold one thing, and the service wasn't there the way it was sold to me.

Original review: March 30, 2022

It wasn't necessarily the best deal, but I liked the combination of price, how Endurance spread out the terms, and what I got out of it. I purchased a warranty through Endurance and canceled it for one car, then I purchased it for a second car. I canceled the first one because they misrepresented the warranty. They sold me a warranty verbally and certain examples for what I expected to get, but when I went and signed everything, they changed it. They didn't give me what they had offered me. I didn't catch it myself. So, when I went to go in for service, I found out nothing was covered. So, I canceled it because it didn't cover what I wanted it to cover. But I still went back to them only because of the pricing and what they got. I knew if it was covered, I had confidence they would pay. So, I had a good experience and a bad experience.

Original review: March 29, 2022

The last repair that I had with Endurance was extremely aggravating. There was something with a part they were disputing that was inside the oil versus outside the oil, and it was inside the oil. So it took taking the truck apart and Endurance denied it. Then, they went back through and explained stuff. They said that they would send out a technician. That was three days later. My truck was all apart so they couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t pick it up. They denied it and went back to it again, and continued to redescribe and send the pictures. It was about two weeks by the time they got it finally approved and through.

I paid the $100 deductible and there were other expenses that they wouldn’t cover so I ended up paying $800 on top of the $100. It was a $3,000 repair but I finally got it fixed. It was frustrating. The only one that worked on it was about 40 minutes away. The two people that I bring cars to locally, within 15 minutes away or right around the corner of my house, wouldn’t work with Endurance. Thy try to deny most of the claims. If you have a mechanic that’s willing to fight it, it seems like some of the time, it’ll work. So people should do it with a grain of salt.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I was happy with the service. My car needed work. I just gave it to the mechanic and I didn't hear anything. He told me what Endurance would pay and I said, "Go ahead, do it." I was less than a year on the policy but they covered most of it, which I was happy with because I was afraid they would tell me the policy wasn't in fact long enough. So far, I'm happy with Endurance. I might use them for another car I have if they give me good enough incentive.

Original review: March 28, 2022

We purchased this policy expecting full coverage as was promised by the salesperson. However when it came time to use this policy, they didn’t help with towing and then is not covering anything to help fix the problem. We will be canceling immediately and feel the salesperson was deceiving.

Original review: March 28, 2022

When I spoke to the Endurance representative, he was a very nice guy. He was easy to talk to. Very understanding. I had a problem with the payment. It was on my end. He was very cordial and he helped me out. He was very patient when I was fixing that payment issue.

Original review: March 28, 2022

My vehicle was out over 150,000 and Endurance is the only company that will write a policy for a vehicle over 150,000 miles. Signing up with them was easy.

Original review: March 27, 2022

The sales experience was excellent but it was frustrating the first time I needed to use the service. I was gonna cancel it. I provided the miles to the vehicle when I got the warranty. When I took the car to a BMW dealership to have an oil change, the mechanic penciled with the miles. But instead of putting 72,229, he put 72,300 miles. That number didn't coincide with the number that I had given Endurance, so they denied all my claims. I had to go back and get invoices from previous work I had done and invoices from work I had done afterward. I had to pull all that together and send it to Endurance to show them that what the guy at BMW did was wrong. I subsequently got it resolved. But I needed the work done anyway, so I ended up paying for the work that they didn't approve beforehand. But there was other work that needed to be done and Endurance paid for it because of all that. So it ended up costing me some money, but it is what it is.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Endurance was willing to take on older cars. I may use them again in the future. I had a couple of things that happened and they fixed them for me. Their process was fairly seamless and quick.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I am very satisfied with Endurance, so far. My agent, Daniel **, was very helpful in answering all my questions. I feel that I choose the best plan for my needs and my budget. I have to be careful of any extra expenses I might incur. This is because I am a 73 year-old widow on a limited income. THANK YOU ENDURANCE!

Original review: March 26, 2022

The first time I had a claim, it was for a mechanical issue and Endurance took care of it. The second time was for maintenance and they denied it because they said I didn't have a maintenance warranty. But overall, I’m very satisfied.

Original review: March 26, 2022

My experience with Endurance was not good. I had to take the vehicle to the dealership and get it checked out. Then they had to call Endurance, which took a few days to get through, and they had to come out and check it. In the meantime, I was having a rental car. It was for five days for $30 a day. That's a drop in the bucket of what you got to spend. When they decided what I needed, they had to ship their parts. They had to put a new transmission in and I had to get rid of it the last week because the transmission was acting up again and I really didn't want to mess with it. I don't think I would do it again because I spent a small fortune on rental cars waiting for Endurance to make up their mind and do what they had to do. It was good when I put my order in for Endurance. But to get to somebody who would cancel me, it took three days before somebody would answer the phone.

Original review: March 25, 2022

The agent worked with me to get me a good deal. It cost about the same as the other company I contacted, but I feel that the coverage is much better. The other company did not cover the main battery in my Prius, but Endurance said that they do. So I felt much better about that policy. I'm glad that I had a chance to deal with them directly.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information