Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.17/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

90 Credit First National Association Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Last week, I checked my credit report. Suddenly I saw 2 delinquent reports from CFNA account. I immediately called them and asking why my account was delinquent as I paid on time and more than minimum due (which I signed up for autopay a week before my due date monthly) and somehow they still charged me late fees? I hardly check my bank statements since I opt for autopay. Now this concerned me as it's affected my credit score. And they told me they've been having issues with system (seems like typical excuses) and will try to solve this problem as I'm not the only customer affected with this? Since it showed I didn't pay for 3 months, the late fees kept on adding up! Although the money in my account had been taken out! Just beware! I'll definitely monitor this till it's resolved!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Although I am grateful for the credit given for car repairs, I am disappointed in the lack of ways to make payments on time. I have auto pay on all my bills. This company has NO options for this. They offer no App, which is OK but the agent told me I have to go to the website every time to make a payment or I can pay with a live agent for a fee. It seems very clear to me this company is not setting its customers up for success. I will be paying this card off ASAP and closing, never to use again.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I’m really not a person who writes these but I will now to make people aware. I just expect better services when I’m a paying customer. It’s also sad a supervisor can’t help once involved. I honestly don’t think I should be charged a late fee if I’m trying to pay my account and the services being provided to me are flawed and not allowing payment. As a paying customer I should be able to utilize the services that best fits me to pay. To make things worse to have a shift supervisor “suggest” I do it another way instead of attacking the issue is what makes this more worse. The kicker is they send me a bill every month but I still haven’t received my card and the excuse is my correct address isn’t on file. I receive a bill every month but I can’t receive my card. I will be paying this account and closing it. Hopefully someone else gets better service and not have to pay fees on this company’s behave.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I got a notification from TransUnion that someone attempted to open an account in my name at CFNA. I called and the first guy asked a bunch of questions and told me he couldn't find me. I asked if he was the fraud department and he said no. I said, "I told you that's why I was calling, why wouldn't you transfer me immediately." He was just seeing if he could help, he said. Eye roll. I get transferred and the fraud specialist said because both reports were frozen, an actual pull did not occur. I said both!? He informed me that when one is frozen, they try another. I explained to them that is a reckless policy. If a report is frozen, it's for a reason. And if it's a legitimate pull, the person applying can unfreeze their account immediately. Never in my life have I heard of a company running a report once, coming back frozen, and running it again with another company. Especially after the Equifax data breach. Shame on them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I made two payments on my wife's Firestone account during the month of June - one in the beginning of the month, one around June 26th. My wife received a call today demanding a payment of 75.00 saying there was no payment for July. I was informed by customer service when I called that if you make two payments in one month they will not credit your account with a credit. This is basically stealing and morally and ethically wrong. I will not use this line of credit ever again nor will I buy a Firestone product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I opened up a Tires Plus credit account managed by Credit First National Association. After I received my credit card I asked to set up the account so that any balance due on the due date is automatically debited from my checking account. This is a feature that all of my other credit cards have. I was told that Credit First National Association (CFNA) does not have this feature available. All I can think of is this credit card company wants individuals to be late in their payments so that excessive charges for late fees can be assessed.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Just got off the phone with customer service. I got my check on the 5th of June, the day the payment was due. I came home after work and made the payment at about 6:15pm. Then I saw the notice that payments made after 5 pm would be credited the next day. I called today, the 7th, and had customer service check and YES, I was charged a late fee of 38.00 for not making my payment on the day due but not before they cut off posting. If you work and get paid on the day the bill is due but don't get off to 5 pm how in the heck are you supposed to make the payment "ON TIME"? They would only give me 19.00 credit as I was LATE making the payment on the day due but after 5. DO NOT TRUST THIS CREDIT BANK. THEY WILL AND I REPEAT WILL, RIP YOU OFF FOR EVERY FEE THEY CAN GET FROM YOU. Only bank worse is Synchrony Bank.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have been having issues with them for months. I tried getting help over email only to have the rep stop responding. They were charging me over $100 a month claiming late fees and other fees when in all actuality they were not late. I had to take screenshots of my bank statements and payments/charges from the CFNA website and they did not match. Payments I had made were not given credit until days later... one was even a month later. They claimed I was not overpaying and it was all due to these supposed late fees. I paid those high amounts and when the following month they were over $100 again, a red flag went up so I only paid the $35 which was usually due.

In this time of trying to get it fixed with a rep online I am continuing to get daily phone calls from them trying to get me to pay the over $100 payment and I keep telling them until they fix their overage charges and give me credit for all of the payments I made I would not be giving them more. Finally I get through to a rep who finds their mistake on that current months payment and says they will accept the $35 I already paid for the month and will remove the other fees for that current month. She also claimed I had not overpaid those other months.

So now we are in June and I'm thinking perfect now. I'm going to have my normal payment for June. I get online and my payment is $0 due... THAT TELLS ME THEY WERE FRAUDULENTLY CHARGING ME AND I WAS OVERPAYING THOSE OTHER MONTHS! And guess what? To top it all off they have been reporting to the Credit Bureau and they tell me I have to collect all the paperwork from them, my bank and my credit to file a complaint with them to fix what they've done to my credit. When I go online, only the past couple of months' bills and payments are available. It against the law to withhold my payment information especially in the event that I am trying to file a complaint against them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have a credit card with Credit First. I did a balance transfer to pay it off. My bank statement proves that they received the money on April 5th. They have it recorded as April 15th and charged me a late fee. I have called them twice only to get stonewalled. I have filed a complaint with the office of the comptroller of the currency (a division of the federal reserve) at 800-613-6743. I do not recommend using this lender for any reason.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have had multiple issues with this credit company. They have charged me incorrectly before. I found the mathematical error and it took multiple representatives to go over my bill and add each "fee" one by one. Then lo and behold THERE it is. The mathematical error I had been trying to prove. Tell me this, if they are being truthful in their practices how come no one wanted to look into it and do the math with me to prove they were wrong. Looks to me like they good and well knew the mathematics could be wrong. They just want more money from you...

Also I have a bill a few days late and my "late fee" more than DOUBLED my bill. They got the original payment from me before I realized this and they have been rolling fees over and over the past two months. My usual bill of $25-35 had now gone up over $100 a month. Tell me how that is fair when both months I paid. I have asked through email for them to fix this and they refuse and continue to harass me with phone calls. I am now thinking of reaching out to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office, Consumer Protection division to see what my options are to cut my ties with this company and their fraudulent and immoral practices. DO NOT APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD WITH THIS COMPANY!!! MAJOR WARNING. PLEASE LISTEN! TELL ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. This is not a joke.

Credit First National Association Company Information