3.7/5 (91 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Credit First National Association

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Credit First National Association Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Utilized credit card with 6 months no interest promo. From initial charge of $976.77, I paid all but $100.00 by promo end date, on time, all undisputed with CFNA. CFNA charged me $108.12 interest on remaining $100. Suspecting an error, I called & was told CFNA charges full 6 months interest on ORIGINAL balance ($976.77), not REMAINING ($100). Was consistently told full 6 months interest would be charged at end of promo date, but NEVER told it would be for original balance, not remaining. Why would I spend 6 months paying down a balance, allowing CFNA to earn interest on my money, only to charge me interest on it? No sane person would make ANY payments knowing this.

Why allow them to hold my >$800 when I could leave it in my bank for 6 months, being charged the same? Have NEVER heard of such a ridiculous practice. One would never think to even ask if such a silly practice existed; it doesn't make any logical sense, is deceitful, & suspect it would be found illegal if a class action suit were initiated. I would gladly pay 6 months interest charge on remaining $100.00 as agreed, but not their bloviated interest. NEVER use this card, beware of fine print scams.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I was accidentally underpaid my account by $1.00. They called me to let me know and I immediately paid the $1.00. They charged me $40.00 for being "late" on my payment. You have to set up scheduled payments individually if you want to pay your bill automatically. The amount owed changed and I was not aware of it so the payment that I previously set up was $1.00 short. I called and they said they weren't able to take off the late payment fee. Charging $40.00 for a $1.00 shortage is absolutely a rip off. They stated that they had previously taken a late fee off (when I was actually late, my fault) and would never do it again. They also stated I was notified that my bill was going up due to some promotion ending which was not true. The supervisor was rude and completely unprofessional. She acted like she took great pleasure in charging me $40.00 for a $1.00 shortage.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I called in after being several months late because they offered a deal. I spoke with the agent and reviewed my information and we agreed I would pay $143. The agent repeated my information to me correctly, however, he still entered it wrong. I called back a few days after noticing my account had not been withdrawn. The agent I spoke with (after being given the run around) assured me that all I had to do was do the process again. After noticing a small amount was withdrawn from my account I called back and was notified the agent made the arrangement to subtract one fee from the account.

A few months later I decided the company was not worth working with due to these shady practices. I paid off my account and somehow made an overpayment. I have contacted them about closing the account and now all of a sudden I can't access my information in order to close it. The automatic voicemail won't connect me without my account number and in order to access that I need access to my online profile. Ironic.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I've been a cardholder for 13 years, never late on a payment, always paid double the amount of the minimum payment, and paid it off completely a couple of times. They offer a promotional balance period where you aren't charged interest for 6 months from the purchase date. I had to have some major car work done and have been paying double the minimum payment per usual, but that particular purchase for some reason the balance remains high while my card is paid down about 31%. I do have another charge that is somewhere in it's promotional timeline.

Once the promotion period ended for the larger purchase, I was charged $175 in interest. I've never seen such a thing. I called thinking it must have been a mistake, nope. They explained what I just explained, which I get, but I asked if that amount could be waived. And I don't mean the whole thing, just knock it down to a reasonable interest charge. They said my case doesn't "fall within their parameters for an adjustment." Even with my spotless history. I've never asked for this before, this is actually my first time calling the entire time I've had it. All they offered was to waive $100 of the interest IF I paid off the entire balance of the card, including the other charge. I will pay this card off as quickly as I can and never use it again. I get one customer doesn't matter, but I'm really sad this is how they feel is the appropriate to treat loyal customers.

Original review: May 18, 2021

During the Pandemic, was out of work for a while. They offered to defer my payments for 60 day but forgot to tell me they were charging me $40 a month late fee. All said and done, they racked me up over $160 in late fees. Real heartless and money grubbing garbage company.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Went to firestone, insufficient explanation on what I was signing up for, I thought it was a membership card since I had never been to a firestone auto care before. On first glance everything about this company screams shabby, lazy, cheap, shady, and worst of all they have no means to contact a human by phone or online. As soon as I get what I need to cancel, it is being cancelled. No intelligent person with complete and full knowledge would sign up with such a business. Makes sense they go through external businesses to set up accounts and share/sell their customer's information.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Received this card as a promotional offer when visiting my Firestone store. Canceled after the debacle below.

(1) Found out that they do not offer AUTOPAY - you must manually pay each month. No real credit card company does that these days.
    (2) Had a $500 charge that was "late" despite their 6-month interest-free promotional financing.
    (3) My mailing address was inaccurate and I did not receive the 2 statements that I was sent.

(4) They dropped my credit limit and reported it to the credit bureaus, even after I paid it over the phone.

Bottom-Line: Horrible company - Poor customer experience - Black-eye on Firestone.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have been with this card company for 10 yrs and still counting and I haven’t had any issues with customer service either, so in my opinion, the other reviews just seem off to me. The CFNA credit card has saved my credit score and my personal life tremendously. Thanks for reading, and you’re responsible for making your own payments peeps. I will always recommend it to others.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

If you have a chance to purchase tires, make sure not to use CFNA CREDIT. I bought my wife 4 tires, and it was 1300 total. So it was put on my CFNA card Oct 22, 2020. I get a paper statement a few days later saying I owe 44.00 FOR 10/15/2020 TO 10/23/2020. I have never had a credit card charge you two or three days after opening it up. And I have had late fees and calls saying that got the Oct. bill late and if my banks says different and I am looking at my account showing payment went through....Who am I suppose to believe. I am so done with this company!!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I used their online payment to pay my bill using my bank information before the due day. However, I got a late payment charge in my next bill statement. I called their customer service, a lady said the payment did not get through, so I gave my bank information to this lady and she manually input the information and she said everything is done, and late fee is removed, and gave me a confirmation number. A week later, I got a letter saying payment was not done. I called them again, another lady said I don't need to pay anything and everything has been taken care. However, they still charged me the late fee. I emailed them this time, they replied they cannot credit this charge. It is ridiculous that customers have to pay the cost for their unreliable online payment system. Their customer service is the worst compared with any other credit company.

Credit First National Association Company Information