Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.78/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Credit First National Association Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I see people have had issue with their Credit First credit card. I REALLY don’t see how that is. You have your bill online with the due date clear as day as soon as you log in. I can’t even say it sucks. They don’t have autopay because it takes a split second to log in and hit make a payment. I’m just a young guy who needed car repair when I didn’t have anything and this company has really helped me out. I haven’t had any issues with customer service either, so in my opinion the other reviews just seem off-putting. The CFNA AutoPass credit card has saved my credit score, and my personal life tremendously. Thanks for reading, and you’re responsible for making your own payments peeps! (As it says in the agreement you sign when getting the card...)

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Like so many others on here I have perfect payment history, they do not offer auto pay and since I travel for work extensively I try to make a point of setting up auto payments on all of my bills. I missed a payment and they reported it immediately, mind you I used the card two years earlier and paid off the balance. In fact paid over the amount owed and had to call for six months to get my money back. Do not get this card or any other offering from CFNA. They are a terrible business with zero concern or care for customers. They actually cost Firestone a life long customer here, I will never get tires from them again due to this credit company.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Like a lot of other reviewers on this site, I also have and maintain impeccable credit. Have had the CFNA Firestone card for many years, during which time, I only had two late fee charges. The first one, was forgiven out of the apparently only drop of generosity they have--must have caught them on a good day. The other, was not. So, I thought about this for a minute and summarized the following: CFNA was doing me no favors. In fact, I was doing them a favor, but maintaining their card for all these years without any perks.

There are no loyalty bonuses, specialty coupons or late fee forgiveness for good credit paying customers. Why the heck am I still maintaining a card with a company that doesn't value my >800 credit score as a customer? Because at this point, it's costing me to do so. So, CFNA, good luck trying to find well suited customers to keep your ship afloat. Sadly, you are just another corporate example of the gross failure of man that you embrace and applaud.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I received a call at 8 pm NY time from this credit card company. I have impeccable credit. I now fear after reading some of the other experiences with this card from other reviewers. My first payment of $27 was due on November 18th. My office manager sent it on November 7th per my files. Needless to say they said I was late. I had to research what happened and it seems there was an entry problem. I in turn decided to send a $50 payment just for good measure and called the 800 number back to let them know that I corrected the error we found. I mentioned that I paid $50 instead of the $27 and it would be there by Friday the 29th.

The lady started ripping me about the bill being $80 not $27 and said the bill was 2 months behind. I said that is impossible because the card was opened in mid October. The first bill was due the 18th of Nov. I asked to speak with the lady that I was talking to that originally called me. She reluctantly handed me off to the other lady who I thought was simply calling out of a courtesy to let me know there must be an issue with payment. I was then told the same deal. The bill was $80. She said the December bill went out already.

I asked for her to remove the late fee as it was a simple mistake for the first billing cycle. She said it was not their problem and they don't issue late fee reimbursements if it is not bank error. We went back and forth, she offered half the late fee, I was persistent on asking what kind of company has no wiggle room for a simple error. She eventually said she would waive the late fee. I will now watch this company like a hawk and report to appropriate authorities if there is any issues with my credit or any of the issues of receiving payments.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Stopped by Firestone to have car looked at due to overheating. It took about 2 hours and when they were done our CFNA card was declined. The manager called to see why and said we had to contact the Fraud Department at CFNA. We called the Fraud Dept. right away and they were closed so we called the number on the back of the card. Once we were connected and explained what was going on we were told that all they needed was a photo ID sent to them of the front and back. We obliged and sent this over. After three attempts they received this. After an hour and 20 minutes we got disconnected and had to call back. Mind you we only have the one vehicle and Firestone would not release it until the bill was paid.

So after several hours on the phone and Firestone closing we did not get the car nor did we get an answer from CFNA. We had to walk home 9 miles in 26 degree weather and now have to find a way to pay for the repairs and get a way to Firestone. We are not rich and live paycheck to paycheck and CFNA offered us the credit so we can afford monthly payments but flagged our account without a letter or email and no explanation as to why it was flagged for fraud. To this day we have still have no car and no explanation but we still get bills. I have filed a lawsuit for unreasonable blocks or holds. THEY'RE GOING DOWN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have prestigious credit, never miss any payments, but most I have on auto pay because I am a mom, a career woman, a wife, have a child with medical needs and is a senior in high school, and another who's a competitive dancer. I am BUSY and life is busy. I have always paid this car ahead each month paying more than due, but not off, so as to build history and keep my balance at a level still beneficial to have a positive impact in my credit.

Well, last week I received an email, only one, no other prior calls or emails, just this one with my statement also showing I had missed a payment. I immediately logged in and paid double what was due. Today, a few days later I got a notice from Experian that my credit score had dropped and that CFNA decided to lower my credit line. Awesome, and thanks for that no notice, oops you seemed to have missed a payment because we don't offer any auto pay options, and then we'll screw you on the backend experience CFNA.

I called customer service and explained everything to then have a non English speaking rep simply say "what do you want me to do?" I asked that my credit line be restored. He said no because it is reviewed quarterly automatically and it "coincidentally fell on the day showing I was past due." Oh really, what a coincidence. Well, it's also a coincidence that I just paid it off and will be closing it. I will NEVER EVER do any business with CFNA again. Avoid at all cost. What company in 2019 does this? It's so intentional, a way to screw customers into paying fines and higher interest rates. I work in credit risk, this is a complete scam.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I made an electronic payment on time to them. They subsequently sent me a bill a month later saying I hadn't paid. After hours trying to get in touch I was able to get a conference call with my bank and Credit First. It was established that I had indeed paid on time and that they owed me the $29 late fee. A week later I get a letter from them saying I still owed them plus the late fee. At the same time I get a letter with a check from them for the full amount of what I owed them. This has caused me considerable angst. I can't seem to get through to them. Horrible organization. Stay clear away.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

We have been great customers with good credit since 2002. My husband had car service which I was unaware of, therefore, I missed two months of making a payment, a very small required payment of a very small total balance due of $50. I was reported to collections which affected my credit score. Their process to remove this report should be available via phone or email, as opposed to a hand written letter which will need to be mailed, too much effort on my part, it may just be easier to find a new credit source.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

After some years with no problems, all of a sudden I'm getting fees on my account. I made extra payments, but since they were in the same month, I was then charged late the next month. I can't work with that kind of fee mongering. When I call to discuss this the wait is so long I give up. Customer service, in my opinion, is pathetic. I will pay in full and never use the account again. I will notify Tires Plus that after many years I will no longer do business with them because Credit First is so difficult.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Last week, I checked my credit report. Suddenly I saw 2 delinquent reports from CFNA account. I immediately called them and asking why my account was delinquent as I paid on time and more than minimum due (which I signed up for autopay a week before my due date monthly) and somehow they still charged me late fees? I hardly check my bank statements since I opt for autopay. Now this concerned me as it's affected my credit score. And they told me they've been having issues with system (seems like typical excuses) and will try to solve this problem as I'm not the only customer affected with this? Since it showed I didn't pay for 3 months, the late fees kept on adding up! Although the money in my account had been taken out! Just beware! I'll definitely monitor this till it's resolved!

Credit First National Association Company Information