Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
2.99/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Credit First National Association Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have prestigious credit, never miss any payments, but most I have on auto pay because I am a mom, a career woman, a wife, have a child with medical needs and is a senior in high school, and another who's a competitive dancer. I am BUSY and life is busy. I have always paid this car ahead each month paying more than due, but not off, so as to build history and keep my balance at a level still beneficial to have a positive impact in my credit.

Well, last week I received an email, only one, no other prior calls or emails, just this one with my statement also showing I had missed a payment. I immediately logged in and paid double what was due. Today, a few days later I got a notice from Experian that my credit score had dropped and that CFNA decided to lower my credit line. Awesome, and thanks for that no notice, oops you seemed to have missed a payment because we don't offer any auto pay options, and then we'll screw you on the backend experience CFNA.

I called customer service and explained everything to then have a non English speaking rep simply say "what do you want me to do?" I asked that my credit line be restored. He said no because it is reviewed quarterly automatically and it "coincidentally fell on the day showing I was past due." Oh really, what a coincidence. Well, it's also a coincidence that I just paid it off and will be closing it. I will NEVER EVER do any business with CFNA again. Avoid at all cost. What company in 2019 does this? It's so intentional, a way to screw customers into paying fines and higher interest rates. I work in credit risk, this is a complete scam.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I made an electronic payment on time to them. They subsequently sent me a bill a month later saying I hadn't paid. After hours trying to get in touch I was able to get a conference call with my bank and Credit First. It was established that I had indeed paid on time and that they owed me the $29 late fee. A week later I get a letter from them saying I still owed them plus the late fee. At the same time I get a letter with a check from them for the full amount of what I owed them. This has caused me considerable angst. I can't seem to get through to them. Horrible organization. Stay clear away.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

We have been great customers with good credit since 2002. My husband had car service which I was unaware of, therefore, I missed two months of making a payment, a very small required payment of a very small total balance due of $50. I was reported to collections which affected my credit score. Their process to remove this report should be available via phone or email, as opposed to a hand written letter which will need to be mailed, too much effort on my part, it may just be easier to find a new credit source.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

After some years with no problems, all of a sudden I'm getting fees on my account. I made extra payments, but since they were in the same month, I was then charged late the next month. I can't work with that kind of fee mongering. When I call to discuss this the wait is so long I give up. Customer service, in my opinion, is pathetic. I will pay in full and never use the account again. I will notify Tires Plus that after many years I will no longer do business with them because Credit First is so difficult.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Last week, I checked my credit report. Suddenly I saw 2 delinquent reports from CFNA account. I immediately called them and asking why my account was delinquent as I paid on time and more than minimum due (which I signed up for autopay a week before my due date monthly) and somehow they still charged me late fees? I hardly check my bank statements since I opt for autopay. Now this concerned me as it's affected my credit score. And they told me they've been having issues with system (seems like typical excuses) and will try to solve this problem as I'm not the only customer affected with this? Since it showed I didn't pay for 3 months, the late fees kept on adding up! Although the money in my account had been taken out! Just beware! I'll definitely monitor this till it's resolved!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Although I am grateful for the credit given for car repairs, I am disappointed in the lack of ways to make payments on time. I have auto pay on all my bills. This company has NO options for this. They offer no App, which is OK but the agent told me I have to go to the website every time to make a payment or I can pay with a live agent for a fee. It seems very clear to me this company is not setting its customers up for success. I will be paying this card off ASAP and closing, never to use again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I’m really not a person who writes these but I will now to make people aware. I just expect better services when I’m a paying customer. It’s also sad a supervisor can’t help once involved. I honestly don’t think I should be charged a late fee if I’m trying to pay my account and the services being provided to me are flawed and not allowing payment. As a paying customer I should be able to utilize the services that best fits me to pay. To make things worse to have a shift supervisor “suggest” I do it another way instead of attacking the issue is what makes this more worse. The kicker is they send me a bill every month but I still haven’t received my card and the excuse is my correct address isn’t on file. I receive a bill every month but I can’t receive my card. I will be paying this account and closing it. Hopefully someone else gets better service and not have to pay fees on this company’s behave.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I got a notification from TransUnion that someone attempted to open an account in my name at CFNA. I called and the first guy asked a bunch of questions and told me he couldn't find me. I asked if he was the fraud department and he said no. I said, "I told you that's why I was calling, why wouldn't you transfer me immediately." He was just seeing if he could help, he said. Eye roll. I get transferred and the fraud specialist said because both reports were frozen, an actual pull did not occur. I said both!? He informed me that when one is frozen, they try another. I explained to them that is a reckless policy. If a report is frozen, it's for a reason. And if it's a legitimate pull, the person applying can unfreeze their account immediately. Never in my life have I heard of a company running a report once, coming back frozen, and running it again with another company. Especially after the Equifax data breach. Shame on them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I made two payments on my wife's Firestone account during the month of June - one in the beginning of the month, one around June 26th. My wife received a call today demanding a payment of 75.00 saying there was no payment for July. I was informed by customer service when I called that if you make two payments in one month they will not credit your account with a credit. This is basically stealing and morally and ethically wrong. I will not use this line of credit ever again nor will I buy a Firestone product again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I opened up a Tires Plus credit account managed by Credit First National Association. After I received my credit card I asked to set up the account so that any balance due on the due date is automatically debited from my checking account. This is a feature that all of my other credit cards have. I was told that Credit First National Association (CFNA) does not have this feature available. All I can think of is this credit card company wants individuals to be late in their payments so that excessive charges for late fees can be assessed.

Credit First National Association Company Information