Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.38/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

84 Credit First National Association Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

Just got off the phone with customer service. I got my check on the 5th of June, the day the payment was due. I came home after work and made the payment at about 6:15pm. Then I saw the notice that payments made after 5 pm would be credited the next day. I called today, the 7th, and had customer service check and YES, I was charged a late fee of 38.00 for not making my payment on the day due but not before they cut off posting. If you work and get paid on the day the bill is due but don't get off to 5 pm how in the heck are you supposed to make the payment "ON TIME"? They would only give me 19.00 credit as I was LATE making the payment on the day due but after 5. DO NOT TRUST THIS CREDIT BANK. THEY WILL AND I REPEAT WILL, RIP YOU OFF FOR EVERY FEE THEY CAN GET FROM YOU. Only bank worse is Synchrony Bank.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have been having issues with them for months. I tried getting help over email only to have the rep stop responding. They were charging me over $100 a month claiming late fees and other fees when in all actuality they were not late. I had to take screenshots of my bank statements and payments/charges from the CFNA website and they did not match. Payments I had made were not given credit until days later... one was even a month later. They claimed I was not overpaying and it was all due to these supposed late fees. I paid those high amounts and when the following month they were over $100 again, a red flag went up so I only paid the $35 which was usually due.

In this time of trying to get it fixed with a rep online I am continuing to get daily phone calls from them trying to get me to pay the over $100 payment and I keep telling them until they fix their overage charges and give me credit for all of the payments I made I would not be giving them more. Finally I get through to a rep who finds their mistake on that current months payment and says they will accept the $35 I already paid for the month and will remove the other fees for that current month. She also claimed I had not overpaid those other months.

So now we are in June and I'm thinking perfect now. I'm going to have my normal payment for June. I get online and my payment is $0 due... THAT TELLS ME THEY WERE FRAUDULENTLY CHARGING ME AND I WAS OVERPAYING THOSE OTHER MONTHS! And guess what? To top it all off they have been reporting to the Credit Bureau and they tell me I have to collect all the paperwork from them, my bank and my credit to file a complaint with them to fix what they've done to my credit. When I go online, only the past couple of months' bills and payments are available. It against the law to withhold my payment information especially in the event that I am trying to file a complaint against them.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have a credit card with Credit First. I did a balance transfer to pay it off. My bank statement proves that they received the money on April 5th. They have it recorded as April 15th and charged me a late fee. I have called them twice only to get stonewalled. I have filed a complaint with the office of the comptroller of the currency (a division of the federal reserve) at 800-613-6743. I do not recommend using this lender for any reason.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have had multiple issues with this credit company. They have charged me incorrectly before. I found the mathematical error and it took multiple representatives to go over my bill and add each "fee" one by one. Then lo and behold THERE it is. The mathematical error I had been trying to prove. Tell me this, if they are being truthful in their practices how come no one wanted to look into it and do the math with me to prove they were wrong. Looks to me like they good and well knew the mathematics could be wrong. They just want more money from you...

Also I have a bill a few days late and my "late fee" more than DOUBLED my bill. They got the original payment from me before I realized this and they have been rolling fees over and over the past two months. My usual bill of $25-35 had now gone up over $100 a month. Tell me how that is fair when both months I paid. I have asked through email for them to fix this and they refuse and continue to harass me with phone calls. I am now thinking of reaching out to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office, Consumer Protection division to see what my options are to cut my ties with this company and their fraudulent and immoral practices. DO NOT APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD WITH THIS COMPANY!!! MAJOR WARNING. PLEASE LISTEN! TELL ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. This is not a joke.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My young adult child made a bad decision in opening an account FireStone. The first bill came in and I decided to help them out and pay it off. It was a total of $32, not that big of a deal. Of course, more charges was applied over the next few months. As a parent, I advised that there will be no more help when. They would have to own their bad decision. When the bill became past due, the company decided to automatically take the payment out of my account without my authorization. Not only do they target young adults, they are unethical and inappropriately make withdrawals without authorization. Avoid this company at all costs!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: April 15, 2019

I got this card in October for repairs my truck. When the bill came I set up to auto pay every month to take advantage of the 6 mos interest free. I calculated the payments out for the time period. Before the sixth payment I checked the website and everything was good. My last payment was for this April. I happen to check my credit this week and my total for thus Bosch Card gone back up almost $300. I called. They said my last payment wasn't receive and that was late fees and the interest that was owed. For some strange reasons last months payment was last and the last payment mysteriously disappeared. So they're trying to get me for $278. But I see others have had the same problem with their auto pay. Also their website will only show 2 mos of payments at a time.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I am enrolled in a consumer counseling co. since last year. Which means they make payments on my behalf. CFNA reports me every month to the credit bureaus as delinquent account. Which I consider very unethical. Since they have been making the payments on time.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We purchased tires for my mom 4 years ago; drove in town and signed the invoice. The asst. mngr. VINCE took it upon himself to add her as an Auth. User without us knowing. 4 yrs. later she thought she applied for credit as she gave her social and wanted her own credit line, with them attaching her to us "WITHOUT PERMISSION." She had work done on March 15, 2019- and not once did we get a call from the store to see if we were approving the work to be done. We get a bill in the mail for the charges and VINCE tells her she committed fraud because we didn't authorize this- so now the store is trying to cover their own butt.

VINCE jumps on the phone and calls the credit card company and files a Fraud Charge on my mother- when he is the one who authorized her and the work to be done- as her invoice is under her own name, address, phone etc- NO WHERE ON THIS INVOICE IS OUR NAME OR ACCOUNT number so she thought she was signing her own line of credit with them.

I have been on the phone with Corporate and left messages for the District Manager Bruce- No call back. Left message for David Regional Manager- No call back. Have left message for Corporate - No call back!!! I am not blasting them out as no one cares- that it is on our credit. Looking at attorneys as this isn't acceptable and as far as I am concerned- as we have been told we do have a case against both the Tires Plus Store in St. Joseph Missouri and also the Credit Card Company as they fraudulently added someone to our account without authorization and no one cares to fix the issue or even call me back to get it handled; Vince should be fired.

As soon as this is dealt with- I will close the account and will not refer anyone to them as they are shady- and so is the CFNA credit card company- as they do not care- they made a sale and doesn't care who it affects! What I was told from the STORE MANAGER at this store- Steve- was if you buy tires for someone who is broke down and doing a good deed and swipe your card- they will be automatically attached to your card- that is just how it is!!!! Wrong answer! Very Angry in Missouri!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I have a Firestone card. Very pricey repairs. Then I had to take a cut in pay and got behind on payments. I have now lost my job. Struggling to keep a home. I keep getting calls from them that my account is about to be written off. Offer me good options with smaller payments. Problem is, unemployment does not pay a house payment with anything left over. Very RUDE saying they will note my account that I am not willing to work with them.

Resolution response: March 11, 2019

Earlier today I submitted a review regarding a $27 fee charged to my account because the payment was made after 5pm on the due date. I called CFNA and asked for a waiver of the late fee and it was granted to me. I learned a lesson and received a blessing. Thank you, CFNA. Joseph

Original review: March 11, 2019

I made my payment of $27.00 on 03/03/19, at 8:37 pm. Because it was made after 5 pm on the due date, I was charged a late fee of $27. This is the second time I take advantage of the promotional account and again, my plan was to pay it off in a timely manner without paying interest. A word of caution: You must pay your Promotional Balance monthly payments before 5pm on the due date in order to avoid a late fee of up to $38. I reckon CFNA has the right to wring out a few dollars in profit in this manner.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Very disappointed. I made a payment on time. Then for some odd reason my payment was returned. I was was charged $29. I called and they said it was because when it was processed a number was missing but they would remove the return fee. I thought I was all set until three months later my score dropped by 30 points over $29! They never removed the fee and unfortunately I never knew about it until it hit my credit report. I will continue to reach out to this garbage company until I get the fee removed and it off my credit report. Stay away from this company. Read the reviews!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The level of ineptitude with this company is hard to comprehend. After being talked into the card at a Firestone, rationalizing to myself it may be nice to have in case of an emergency, it was all downhill from there. I don't know how they obtained my residential address from 3 residences ago, but they did, and supposedly sent my card and statement there. I had to call them 3 separate times for 30-45 minutes each time, for them to eventually get my address corrected.

When I finally did receive my first statement (almost 4 months after applying, and having already made one payment by phone), I was told the address for the actual credit card had not been updated, and that it would take 4-6 weeks to receive the card in the mail. That was the last straw for me. I told the imbecile on the phone to close the account and paid the balance over the phone. In the end, I will gladly pay the interest on my bank's credit card than to ever have to interact with any representative from this financial abomination again. Please, for your own sanity, don't even contemplate opening an account with CFNA. Any car repair institution not named Bridgestone should disassociate their companies from this sham of a bank ASAP. As for Bridgestone, you tried, you MASSIVELY FAILED, just end this already!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I made the mistake of opening a Firestone CC to take advantage of the 6 months interest free offer, and have regretted it. I never received a credit card nor a paper statement as requested. Customer service informed me that they had sent a email instead. Well I went through my email and junk email, and nothing. I have paid off the credit card and will never use it again. Makes it easy that I don't have a physical card to actually use.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I make my payments at the store always a little more than the 32 dollars, 40 or 50. I always ask for the extra go towards the principal. Imagine my surprise when I was billed 190 for late payments. I didn't know and they never said anything at the Firestone store that it could take 5 or more days not counting the weekend for the payments to post. Then I was charged late fees and interest. The help center guy was even confused. Shady company at best.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Opened a Firestone credit account with a zero % for six months. Purchased a set of tires and after that made the monthly payments. My balance was paid in full on 5/31/2017 so I went ahead and closed the account knowing that I would never use the account again. I check my FICO score every month when I make my car payment and noticed from September to December that my credit score dropped by over 70 points so I had a credit report pulled from TransUnion and what do I see is that CFNA sent my account to collections for a $4 balance. My account was paid in full and closed in 2017. Time to contact a lawyer???

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I've had my Firestone Credit Card for several years. I've authorized use for my son in the past before he acquired his own card. That one time authorization linked my card to his account and when he went to have work done, the service member did not verify which card was to be charged and wrongly charged mine. My card had a zero balance and I had no reason to suspect otherwise. Until I had an oil change and tried to use my card... Declined!! Found out that the account was 60 days late... They destroyed my credit score and dropped my credit limit in half and changed the terms of the card.

I never received a bill or notice that this happened and only caught it by mistake. I had to call twice to get this fixed but was told I would have to dispute the error with the credit agencies and they would review if I could get my initial line of credit back. This was NOT MY ERROR!!! I was asked to be made whole and this company failed miserably. I will no longer use this card. I was treated as if I had done something wrong and my credit took a major hit... And they flat out didn't care.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was never sent a card and was charged two late fees $50 & $27. I was never sent a bill before the first late fee $50 and I made a payment before the second late fee $27. I'm paying off my account and will never do business with Credit First (CFNC) ever again...

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

CFNA is the worst credit card you can ever get. Their auto payment system is so flawed that it will end up screwing up your credit history if you are not attentive enough. I got it through Wheel Works due to some enticing offer, but it was a trap. It doesn't matter how you schedule the auto-payment, you will end up paying some late fee and they will not give any warning before reporting it to the credit agencies.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I've called them a few times regarding my Firestone credit card during different days but none of my calls were answered by Credit First (OVER 30 MINUTES OF WAIT TIME!). They also have a weird policy that if you make the payment after 5pm on due date, that will be considered the next day which means your payment will be considered late!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have FLAWLESS credit history with all of my creditors. The CFNA autopay system is horribly outdated, and unreliable. I scheduled the allowed number of recurring payments, but after a couple, the rest just magically disappeared, resulting in negative credit impact. This has happened and been disputed by me several times, and they do not care. This company cares nothing for consumers, and are not honest. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

My online/on time payment was acknowledged with a confirmation number but the payment apparently never went through. I got my next statement with a "PAST DUE" and a $19.00 late charge. Attempts to contact them by email and phone have gone unanswered. Whoever CFNA is they are idiots. Why Firestone associates with them I cannot understand. A definite blemish on Firestone. I have had good service from the Firestone store.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was given 6 mos to pay off my Firestone bill with no interest, so I did that. But there has been no update on my credit reports since 8/13/18. So I called to inquire about this and got told my having paid off the balance in full wouldn't show til about 10/13/18. And meanwhile, it looks like I still owe them almost $150. Plus, I paid it in cash, the quickest way I know of. I have no idea why it takes that long for FC to show you have a zero balance, but there you have it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I see a lot of complaints about payments and late fees. You all are aware that you can pay at any Firestone free of charge. That is how I pay my bill with them. I walk in and tell the rep I want to pay my credit card. He give me my receipt. All done. Add the excellent service in and this is a win win for me.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I'm writing this review for people making a phone payment on their Firestone account to Credit First National Bank. I make a partial payment while I to Firestone and then the rest of my payment by phone as I was leaving the parking lot. When I made a phone payment I was given a confirmation number and hung up. come to find out they charged me a late fee and said I was supposed to stay on the line and hung up too soon so they have charged my account a late fee and had to pay the rest of my payment again which doesn't cover the late payment. I'm not eligible for a waiver until next Sept. So beware for some deceitful tactic of banks trying to squeeze money out of customers. Any way they can make a buck. To me it is a dishonest policy and payment should have been posted since it was made on time and before the payment date.

Original review: March 26, 2018

February 12, 2018, I inadvertently made a payment to Credit First National Association on an account with a zero balance. The logical and right thing to do was return it. But oh no, they issued it to the account. WHY? It has been at least two years since I last used that account. February 15, 2018, immediately after discovering my mistake I contacted CFNA to request a refund. After following their instructions went to the bank explained what happened, what was required to correct it. My personal bank representative spoke to their supervisor, verified required information. The supervisor promised I would receive the refund within 7-10 days which would be February 28, 2018.

March 9, 2018, (16 days past due) after not receiving the refund I again contacted CFNA, spoke to Heidi, explained the problem, she stated check was sent. I responded I did not receive it. She stated another check would be sent, but the original check would need to be researched to ensure it had not been cashed. She would call me on Monday, March 12th, 2018. At the time of this review, March 26, 2018, it has been 2 weeks and I have not received a response.

March 14th, called a third time spoke to Razon, explaining the problem again. She stated it would be thirty days before I could get it. I explained this was unacceptable. It has already been thirty days. At this point, I don't trust them and I believe I am not the only person that has had problems getting them to correct what "they" did. I am getting the runaround and will not continue to wait or talk with them. I am notifying you, potential customers, from their dealings with me they have not shown themselves to be an honest reputable company. I have notified them that if I did not receive my money I would do everything in my power that is legal to let others know of their dealings with customers. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Disgruntled former customer!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

Enticed by Commerical Tire to purchase tires through their "easy" no interest for 6 months program, via CFNA. Well, like other folks the statement showed up late indicating a late fee for $35.00, then did other research and VERY UNLIKE, other financial offers such as Home Depot, etc., where truly 6 month no interest, means EXACTLY THAT. Well CFNA not only miscalculates for late fees like Wells Fargo did, but also WILL CHARGE YOU INTEREST ON THE ENTIRE AMOUNT IF YOU GO 1 HOUR BEYOND the 6 months. That is dishonest or misleading in advertising. At least Sears, or other entities that issue 6 month no interest, only charge interest on the remaining balance. DO NOT USE CFNA.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I am boycotting Credit First N.A. because they have screwed up my V. A. Loan by reporting a bill that doesn't belong to me, it belongs to another person, and it is not FAIR! They hate Veterans, and Gold Star Family Member.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I have my account set up for automatic payment. However, a charge raised my minimum monthly payment and I was charged a $35 late fee. This happened for four months. When I finally caught it, I called Firestone and explained that my accounts are set up to automatically pay the minimum amount if my payment isn't enough to cover the required monthly payment.

I had forgotten that Firestone isn't set up for automatic monthly payments in that way. I asked them to waive the late fees, since I hadn't missed payments in the past, and I had immediately brought my account up to date when I realized my error. The rep told me it was my fault not theirs, so they weren't obligated to refund the late fees. I guess customer loyalty is bad for business. After all, late fees are all profit for no service provided!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I applied for this card through Firestone Auto Care when purchasing winter tires. I was approved for $1k and 6 months interest-free. No problem there. I'm one of those people who meticulously record, pay, and mail each bill at the post office immediately - and made no exception with this card. However, on each monthly statement, I've been charged a $25 late fee. My credit score has taken a massive hit.

After discussing the matters with my bank and reviewing the scans of each check and the Firestone/CFNA it is clear that although I wrote and mailed each check at the start of the payment period, these checks were not processed until well after the payment period ended over 25 days later, enabling them to charge me late fees. This is not okay. This is wrong. After looking at thousands of reviews and complaints, I now see that I am only one of thousands of people who have been victimized by this. Had I known beforehand, I never would have applied for this card. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My payment is due the 13th of every month. I work until after 5, but when you go to pay your bill after 5, they will not schedule it until the 14th. You then get a late fee because it is late. When I called, the kid that answered the phone said nothing they can do and was cocky. Do not get this card if you are going to make your payments on the day your card is due. Last I checked there was 24 hours in a day, unreal and should be illegal with todays technology.

Credit First National Association Company Information