1.45/5
Based on 55 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

61 Credit First National Association Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 26, 2018

I'm writing this review for people making a phone payment on their Firestone account to Credit First National Bank. I make a partial payment while I to Firestone and then the rest of my payment by phone as I was leaving the parking lot. When I made a phone payment I was given a confirmation number and hung up. come to find out they charged me a late fee and said I was supposed to stay on the line and hung up too soon so they have charged my account a late fee and had to pay the rest of my payment again which doesn't cover the late payment. I'm not eligible for a waiver until next Sept. So beware for some deceitful tactic of banks trying to squeeze money out of customers. Any way they can make a buck. To me it is a dishonest policy and payment should have been posted since it was made on time and before the payment date.

Original review: March 26, 2018

February 12, 2018, I inadvertently made a payment to Credit First National Association on an account with a zero balance. The logical and right thing to do was return it. But oh no, they issued it to the account. WHY? It has been at least two years since I last used that account. February 15, 2018, immediately after discovering my mistake I contacted CFNA to request a refund. After following their instructions went to the bank explained what happened, what was required to correct it. My personal bank representative spoke to their supervisor, verified required information. The supervisor promised I would receive the refund within 7-10 days which would be February 28, 2018.

March 9, 2018, (16 days past due) after not receiving the refund I again contacted CFNA, spoke to Heidi, explained the problem, she stated check was sent. I responded I did not receive it. She stated another check would be sent, but the original check would need to be researched to ensure it had not been cashed. She would call me on Monday, March 12th, 2018. At the time of this review, March 26, 2018, it has been 2 weeks and I have not received a response.

March 14th, called a third time spoke to Razon, explaining the problem again. She stated it would be thirty days before I could get it. I explained this was unacceptable. It has already been thirty days. At this point, I don't trust them and I believe I am not the only person that has had problems getting them to correct what "they" did. I am getting the runaround and will not continue to wait or talk with them. I am notifying you, potential customers, from their dealings with me they have not shown themselves to be an honest reputable company. I have notified them that if I did not receive my money I would do everything in my power that is legal to let others know of their dealings with customers. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Disgruntled former customer!!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Enticed by Commerical Tire to purchase tires through their "easy" no interest for 6 months program, via CFNA. Well, like other folks the statement showed up late indicating a late fee for $35.00, then did other research and VERY UNLIKE, other financial offers such as Home Depot, etc., where truly 6 month no interest, means EXACTLY THAT. Well CFNA not only miscalculates for late fees like Wells Fargo did, but also WILL CHARGE YOU INTEREST ON THE ENTIRE AMOUNT IF YOU GO 1 HOUR BEYOND the 6 months. That is dishonest or misleading in advertising. At least Sears, or other entities that issue 6 month no interest, only charge interest on the remaining balance. DO NOT USE CFNA.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I am boycotting Credit First N.A. because they have screwed up my V. A. Loan by reporting a bill that doesn't belong to me, it belongs to another person, and it is not FAIR! They hate Veterans, and Gold Star Family Member.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I have my account set up for automatic payment. However, a charge raised my minimum monthly payment and I was charged a $35 late fee. This happened for four months. When I finally caught it, I called Firestone and explained that my accounts are set up to automatically pay the minimum amount if my payment isn't enough to cover the required monthly payment.

I had forgotten that Firestone isn't set up for automatic monthly payments in that way. I asked them to waive the late fees, since I hadn't missed payments in the past, and I had immediately brought my account up to date when I realized my error. The rep told me it was my fault not theirs, so they weren't obligated to refund the late fees. I guess customer loyalty is bad for business. After all, late fees are all profit for no service provided!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I applied for this card through Firestone Auto Care when purchasing winter tires. I was approved for $1k and 6 months interest-free. No problem there. I'm one of those people who meticulously record, pay, and mail each bill at the post office immediately - and made no exception with this card. However, on each monthly statement, I've been charged a $25 late fee. My credit score has taken a massive hit.

After discussing the matters with my bank and reviewing the scans of each check and the Firestone/CFNA it is clear that although I wrote and mailed each check at the start of the payment period, these checks were not processed until well after the payment period ended over 25 days later, enabling them to charge me late fees. This is not okay. This is wrong. After looking at thousands of reviews and complaints, I now see that I am only one of thousands of people who have been victimized by this. Had I known beforehand, I never would have applied for this card. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My payment is due the 13th of every month. I work until after 5, but when you go to pay your bill after 5, they will not schedule it until the 14th. You then get a late fee because it is late. When I called, the kid that answered the phone said nothing they can do and was cocky. Do not get this card if you are going to make your payments on the day your card is due. Last I checked there was 24 hours in a day, unreal and should be illegal with todays technology.

Original review: July 17, 2017

CFNA has made it as difficult as possible to pay my Firestone bill. They sent me ONE document a couple weeks after signing up for 6 months no interest, which stated my Credit Card would be in the mail shortly. Since that time, I have never received anything else from them. I have called numerous times. Only once did they give me enough information to setup my account on CFNA.com. Since then they still have not sent me my credit card and if you forget your username you need your CFNA Credit Card number to find your username.

If you try to call, give them your SS#, Name, and DOB, they will not give you your credit card number, your account number, or your username. They require your account number to get your account number!!! The Account number that is never shown on any of their emails. The Account number that I do not have because I have not received any mail since right after signing up. And yes, I have confirmed my address with this company. I cannot access my account and there is no way to access it. They put this system in place on purpose. To make it as difficult as possible to pay your bill. Someone should go to jail.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Took vehicle to repair shop for brakes, everything seem to be fine. Checked wheel nuts as always when anybody removes tires. Wheel nuts were all different, looked over invoice. The spot for torque was never filled in. I disputed the charge with owner, credit card company. The owner said they were torqued. I asked for copy of all papers I sent in. The person I talked said he didn't care. Paying bill off then I'm with Credit First National Association.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Applied a credit card through Credit First National Association via Firestone. Reason why is that I was suckered in by the "NO INTEREST FOR SIX MONTHS!" by store manager. I was not told if I didn't pay the full amount within six months, I will be paying the interest that was supposed to be for the first six months that I had the chance to pay the amount which was $1000.00 that had accumulated to an interest of $77.24. I was paying more of the minimum each month so that I would have less interest charged after the 1st six months. I shouldn't have agreed to open one. I should have know better. Anyways, not going to deal with Firestone or CFNA in the future. Or maybe the Firestone site manager didn't care about his customer. He just wanted to get his quotas to be on the top credit card seller.

Original review: May 9, 2017

My car broke down in May 2016. I wanted it close to my job so I could walk to and from when it was ready for pickup. The manager was great and I needed a lot of work, more than the card approved me for so he messed with the numbers and made it work. Anyway, fast forward to the first payment I get a late payment fee. Landed on a holiday. Figured my mistake so let it go. Well then I get another and call and complain... then another after that and they will not fix anymore. I have this card set up like every single one of my other bills and I pay on it every 2 weeks yet somehow the fates keep changing and I keep getting late fees!

Last month alone my bill was $39 for the month. I paid $60 in total and yet bow have a $35 fee! How does this work for ALL my other bills and I never have late fees on anything else ever!!! I split up my payments so that I even pay a little extra each month to stay ahead. Yet every time I turn around somehow paying every 2 weeks accrues late charges.

This is a terrible company with terrible customer service. Walking in the door the very first time was the only "good experience" and that was with a broken down vehicle. Made 2 appts there after that first one was a couple hrs late. It's whatever stuff comes up emergencies happen. It had just happened to me a few weeks prior when I broke down. I probably took over some appts too. I went in for an oil change as well as complaining that ever since they gave me new tires my pressure light stays on.

Well they couldn't figure it out and here we are almost an entire year later and it is still on. I can guarantee they gave me the wrong oil. The guy played it off that they just marked that, but he at first had no idea what I was even talking about. I guess since I am a female I wasn't suppose to know those things. I decided to give a second chance and the next time was still just as bad as a wait. Never again will I go to Firestone, use this card, and I have told EVERYONE to stay away as well.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I have a Firestone account. I have been making payments on my account since July of 2016, I had no idea that each and every month I have been getting late fees because I chose to make cash payments at the facility where I take my car. No one ever told me that if I make a payment in the store location that they were going to post it 1 day not 3 to 4 days. I make the payment on the 8th of the month and it has posted for the last 10 months on the 9th so a day later and I have been CHARGED 35 or LESS each and every month but I am supposed to know this but their automated systems says if you make a payment after 5 pm you are subject to late fees.

Well I have made mine's as a cash payment at 8 AM and got late fees, so pretty much you will only get a 70 credit and that is it per the manager that I had spoken with this morning and that as of today 04/22/17 I now understand their process. So there goes my 6 months same as cash because 210.00 all went to late fees and I was probably only paying 10 a month for the last 6 months, no wonder my BALANCE never moved too far. WOW what a joke.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Sept. 2016 bought new tires at local Firestone store $264.11. Store manager informed me that if I sign up for a Firestone Credit Card, that I will have 6 months interest free to pay off card, so I divided the balance into 6 monthly payments. Little did I know that the balance did not qualify for 6 months interest free. I have $117.00 in late fees. Firestone did not inform me that an minimum of $299.00 is the minimum that qualifies for 6 months interest free. They subtracted only one late fee.

I don't know if the store manager knows this, but the credit card company should have informed me and I could have avoided these late fees. But this company are scammers and they don't care. I am going to pay off balance and never use again unless necessary but will not carry a balance. I even told them that they should inform all Firestone managers/employees that there is a minimum balance for the interest free option. But again they mostly likely care. They just want scam and take your money, so beware.

Original review: April 11, 2017

This is by far of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. Don't waste your time or your money on this company. They are thieves. I know many people that go through this company and after telling them what they did to me they will not continue with them. I paid these people almost 900 dollars to pay off for what services they did to my car. First of all FIRESTONE didn't even fix my car properly. Then when I wanted to pay them off they wouldn't accept the Discover card. Well that is all I had. Then when I talked to a supervisor. They said that it was fine to mail in a money order. Well I live in Phoenix AZ and their company in OHIO. They knew that it would take a while and then after I sent the rest left they tried to tack on late charges because it didn't get there in time when I was well assured that that was okay that I sent the money order in. DON'T waste your time. They stole plenty of my hard earned little money that I made.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I rarely use credit cards. The Firestone asked me to place my recent repair on my card and I agreed. First payment by debit Visa was rejected by CFNA - Cost to me $25.00. Just reviewed February bill online - said I have a $35.00 late fee. I called and CFNA said they emailed me my bill for Feb on 1/27/17. I have no bill or email reminder. I have to pay another $35.00. So no I have given CFNA $25 & $35 = $60. I cannot afford their cheating game. I closed the account and will pay off this credit this week. I need tires and other car services, but WILL NEVER use their credit card scam service again! We all need to complain and stop these ripoff credit card services!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I wish I had read these reviews before I let them talk me into an account. About 2 months ago I set up schedule payments online. I was not advised that it was a one time deal. Payment did not go through and they charged me late fees and interest. They never sent me a bill or reminders stating that my account was past due and I was late. I would highly suggest to stay away from CFNA, this is the worst credit card company!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Sent August 26th. Processed by Firestone on August 31st. $90 5 days. Sent Sept 22. Processed by Firestone on Oct 4th. 12 days. Examples of time they take to process a payment, bill is due the 1st of the month. November 1st payment made like the others through my banks. Web bill pay on October 28th. Not processed till November 10th. 13 days and what do they do? They penalize you with late fees, is it my fault they don't take wired payments directly from your bank like the others do? Is it my fault when they sit on it for 2 weeks? I will finish paying this card when I can and I will not use them again, this is not the first time.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I pay all of my credit cards online. CFNA ("Firestone CC") is the only site I consistently have trouble with. The site no longer recognizes my account (even though I'm using the 'saved' passwords on my computer) and now even their voicemail is acting up. Since I couldn't get the online site to work properly, I called their 1-800 number, which put me into 'voicemail hell' as it continually refused to recognize my payment. It just kept asking, "Would you like to make a payment?" (I just made one, thank you... At least, I THINK I DID! Guess I'll have to check my bank statement to make sure.) And just to show you how out-of-touch this company is, my monthly paper statement has the same EXPIRED coupons printed on the back every month. What idiots.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I hate the fact that they don't accept all checking accounts to make payments from and they also cut-off payments to post the same day at 5 pm. I would not recommend this credit card to anyone. I cannot wait until this is paid off. I know that credit cards are in the business to make money but this is so crazy. I have to just through so many hoops to pay this bill.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I am a long time customer have always paid on time. I tried to set up auto pay by phone in August. I was not advised that it was a one time deal. I didn't receive any notices stating that my account was past due and I was late. I found this information out from my credit report. I was furious as this dropped my score tremendously. I called spoke with a rep about the issue. She informed me that I could make a payment now. No explanation on why I didn't receive a late notice before my account was 31 days past due. I asked about the auto pay. She informs me "we do not do auto to pay". I am confused.

I set this up in August. She states "no that was a one time thing" - I asked, "Why wasn't I informed of this?" No response. I ask, "Do you not call your customer(s) if you see their account is past due and the records shows they pay on time." Her response "we call some customers and some we don't". I ask, "How do you pick/choose which customers to call?" Her response "you need to write a letter to the company president to ask him." Wow! Unbelievable!!

I ask to speak with someone else other than her. She get's her "supervisor". She informs me that no they do not do auto pay and I could set schedule payments up online. Well this is the first I have heard of being able to set payments up online. I asked her the same question about calling customer(s). She informs me that my payment history states that I would likely pay. Well yes if I had of known that it was not going to be auto drafted.

When I asked about the late report to my credit, "Oh there is nothing we can do about it. It will change once you make the payment." I am livid by this point. I just say good bye. Now to add insult in injury I go to set up payments so I can get this card paid off and close this account, only to not be able to set up an account. I get a message to call customer service. Needless to say that is not an option right now. I am too upset.

This is the first review I have ever written as I just don't take out the time to do so. I was so frustrated of how this company handles their business to be so unprofessional, I had to write a review. After seeing all the negative reviews, I really don't understand how this is expectable. I will inform everyone that I come in contact with about the unprofessionalism of this company! I truly wished I would have know this before doing business with this company. I can only hope that something will be done about the way this company treats its loyal customers. Once again this is just unacceptable!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I got this card for the 6 months of no interest. I pay all my bills on time and I'm very careful not to let one lapse. The CFNA site won't allow you to set up automatic payments, which is the first bad sign in my book. They will let you set up payments for up to 3 months though. I work on a computer all day and know how to use one. I pay almost all of my bills online. When I set up the first payment to come out prior to my due date, it appeared to go through like it should. (It doesn't show anything like "Payment Accepted" to let you know though.) The due date rolled around and it did not come out. I was charged a $23 late fee! I called, but they wouldn't remove the fee. Since then, in the middle of the month I randomly pay the minimum just in case. They make it confusing on purpose. It's almost paid off. I've already cut up the card!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I reviewed my credit report and saw a 30 day late mark for CFNA. We noticed we stopped getting our bill. Somehow we got switched to paperless billing. We always pay all our bills on time. We called them up and they agreed to remove it as they saw I do not make a habit of making a late payment. They said just dispute it and put that it was an oversight and they WILL remove it. Well I did what they said and they did not remove it. I will never get any credit with this company again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I have had a Firestone card for at least 15 years. I think that was even before Credit First. I am very on top of my finances and am never late or forget a payment. I check their website twice a month when I have an ongoing balance to make sure everything is correctly posted. For this company, all of this mandatory. The result is I get six months free financing on my tires. It has worked well for me but don't use the card if you are not willing to put in the time checking up to be sure your account is updated; use another credit card or pay cash and be safe.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I wish I had read these reviews before I let them talk me into an account. Same exact scenario as those mentioned above. Buying tires at the local Firestone store 4 years ago and I got the hard sell on this card from the assistant manager (who must get commission for signing folks up). So, I was a good customer, paid off promotional rate on time. 2 years later a family member used my card for an oil change (unbeknownst to me), apparently they switched me to a paperless bill. I didn't pay the lousy $40 because I DIDN'T know about it. 3 months later I get an overdue notice which I immediately called and paid. A customer service rep told me "don't worry, this won't hurt your credit".

Fast forward to today: so for the past few months I've been monitoring my credit. Score was consistently 785ish. Went to get a mortgage for a new home and discovered that when they did a "hard pull" my score was 715. Needless to say that affected our mortgage greatly. When I called them I got the same runaround that everyone else has described. I'm furious!!! So to sum up, if I had gone to Goodyear 4 years ago or just paid cash (like I knew I should have), I would be getting a better interest rate and paying less fees at closing on my new house. Thanks CFNA.

Resolution response: Aug. 4, 2016

It turns out that I made an error in writing my account number. I thought it was weird because I used the same number I have used with other EFTs and never had a problem. Oh well, I guess things work differently with certain businesses. However, I am happy that I can finally build my credit back up again.

Original review: July 27, 2016

I applied for and was approved for a card through Credit First in January when my dad's 2001 Tahoe needed a new alternator. I have made online payments on the card and it says on the website that the payments posted to the CFNA account, but they never deducted from my personal bank account. This really makes me nervous as I feel like they are going to try and hit my account at an unexpected time. I know for a fact that I put down the correct routing and account number for my bank. Another auto repair loan credit card I have, CarCareONE, has no issues deducting from my account and I am satisfied with their service. However, CFNA seems very shady and I feel as if they are going to hit me with unwarranted charges thanks to their negligence in taking my payments.

In addition, Firestone (at least the one I went to) is a shady automotive shop that overcharges for shoddy work, and on top of that they sign you up for a gimmicky credit card. Do yourself a favor and do not do business with either Firestone or Credit First. I am trying to build my credit back up to get myself a car and an apartment soon, and this institution certainly is hurting that cause.

Original review: June 29, 2016

Never sign up to go paperless. They never send you reminders or bill updates. They want you to forget so they can hit you with late charges. I have a bill reminder on my phone. My phone broke so I work by paperless bills from my emails. I have about 20 bills that I pay a month, all paperless. All got paid but Credit First because they never sent a electronic reminder. 2 months later I get a letter saying that I am two months behind on my account with a 25.00 late charge and a 35.00 late charge. I tried talking to customer service and a customer service manager. Mind you I have used this card for over 5 years, never been late, paid out accounts and open new labor jobs. She said they could not help me. OMG.

This is not happening to me. I know well I am not one to go back and forth on a phone so I will pay out this bill, cut up the card which I have already and never use Firestone service again. Someday someone will make the foundation of Firestone and Credit First. Feel cheated and taken for a bumpy ride as they made me feel. Firestone overcharges for labor and work is half done. Who charges 900.00 to put in a fuel pump on a SUV when all you have to do is take out about 6 screws, lower the tank, knock off the top with a driver and hammer, take out old, put in new, line up top, press down and tap in top, push up tank, put in screws at home. About a 2-hour job in a shop with 2 people. 30 min tops. Goodbye Firestone. Goodbye Credit First. Sign, one of your best customers.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I have been a customer with CFNA for over 5 years with proof of great history (credit report). Recently, I forgot to make two monthly minimum payments due to being on a no interest installment plan. I changed emails and wasn't checking my previous one very frequently and basically forgot about it. Instead of calling me and notifying me of a late payment, they cancelled my card, reported me to the credit bureau and ruined my credit. A simple phone call would have got the whole thing paid off along with fees I was willing to pay and a continued customer. No bank has ever treated me in such a poor manner. I would highly suggest to stay away from this company!!!

Original review: June 1, 2016

I had this card about 4 years. Over the course of 4 years they have constantly changed their credit card agreement. I finally have taken this matter to a consumer fraud lawyer regarding their unethical practices. They advertise 6 months interest-free, but if you have a revolving credit none of your payments go towards that balance until 2 months beforehand. They will not allocate any of your payments if you ask them to. They told me they were not set up to allocate payments and they are withing the 2009 credit card law to do so. I submitted a complaint with the consumer fraud site and went back and check all statements over the last year. I found 2 promo balances that they never applied any payments toward the last 2 months like they state in their agreement that they would. I ask everyone to go through all your statements. Do not let them get away with what they are doing.

Original review: May 22, 2016

I have had two cards with this company. Ironically as I was making the last payment both times, they seem to have disappeared from their system. I was then hit with a late fee. I did not receive any notice that my payment was late. I have had several other credit cards and I have never ever paid a late fee.

Original review: May 14, 2016

I always make sure to pay off credit card before promotional date. I had one small payment left before the promotional deadline. Almost 2 months later I get a letter saying that I'm past due $19.00 fee and $51.00 charged in new interest. They purposely did not deduct or post my payment. And I did not get a Statement prior to let me know I had a "balance". Plus if you make a payment past 2pm Pacific time it counts for the following day with $19.00 fee. Every other bank is midnight East Coast or 9pm Pacific. I can't believe they have not been sued for ripping off all these people in the other post.

Credit First National Association Company Information

www.cfna.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business