Find the Best Card

Find the Best Card

Save and Earn Rewards - Compare Cards Side by Side

Learn More

73 Credit First National Association Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The level of ineptitude with this company is hard to comprehend. After being talked into the card at a Firestone, rationalizing to myself it may be nice to have in case of an emergency, it was all downhill from there. I don't know how they obtained my residential address from 3 residences ago, but they did, and supposedly sent my card and statement there. I had to call them 3 separate times for 30-45 minutes each time, for them to eventually get my address corrected.

When I finally did receive my first statement (almost 4 months after applying, and having already made one payment by phone), I was told the address for the actual credit card had not been updated, and that it would take 4-6 weeks to receive the card in the mail. That was the last straw for me. I told the imbecile on the phone to close the account and paid the balance over the phone. In the end, I will gladly pay the interest on my bank's credit card than to ever have to interact with any representative from this financial abomination again. Please, for your own sanity, don't even contemplate opening an account with CFNA. Any car repair institution not named Bridgestone should disassociate their companies from this sham of a bank ASAP. As for Bridgestone, you tried, you MASSIVELY FAILED, just end this already!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I made the mistake of opening a Firestone CC to take advantage of the 6 months interest free offer, and have regretted it. I never received a credit card nor a paper statement as requested. Customer service informed me that they had sent a email instead. Well I went through my email and junk email, and nothing. I have paid off the credit card and will never use it again. Makes it easy that I don't have a physical card to actually use.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I make my payments at the store always a little more than the 32 dollars, 40 or 50. I always ask for the extra go towards the principal. Imagine my surprise when I was billed 190 for late payments. I didn't know and they never said anything at the Firestone store that it could take 5 or more days not counting the weekend for the payments to post. Then I was charged late fees and interest. The help center guy was even confused. Shady company at best.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Opened a Firestone credit account with a zero % for six months. Purchased a set of tires and after that made the monthly payments. My balance was paid in full on 5/31/2017 so I went ahead and closed the account knowing that I would never use the account again. I check my FICO score every month when I make my car payment and noticed from September to December that my credit score dropped by over 70 points so I had a credit report pulled from TransUnion and what do I see is that CFNA sent my account to collections for a $4 balance. My account was paid in full and closed in 2017. Time to contact a lawyer???

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I've had my Firestone Credit Card for several years. I've authorized use for my son in the past before he acquired his own card. That one time authorization linked my card to his account and when he went to have work done, the service member did not verify which card was to be charged and wrongly charged mine. My card had a zero balance and I had no reason to suspect otherwise. Until I had an oil change and tried to use my card... Declined!! Found out that the account was 60 days late... They destroyed my credit score and dropped my credit limit in half and changed the terms of the card.

I never received a bill or notice that this happened and only caught it by mistake. I had to call twice to get this fixed but was told I would have to dispute the error with the credit agencies and they would review if I could get my initial line of credit back. This was NOT MY ERROR!!! I was asked to be made whole and this company failed miserably. I will no longer use this card. I was treated as if I had done something wrong and my credit took a major hit... And they flat out didn't care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was never sent a card and was charged two late fees $50 & $27. I was never sent a bill before the first late fee $50 and I made a payment before the second late fee $27. I'm paying off my account and will never do business with Credit First (CFNC) ever again...

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

CFNA is the worst credit card you can ever get. Their auto payment system is so flawed that it will end up screwing up your credit history if you are not attentive enough. I got it through Wheel Works due to some enticing offer, but it was a trap. It doesn't matter how you schedule the auto-payment, you will end up paying some late fee and they will not give any warning before reporting it to the credit agencies.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I've called them a few times regarding my Firestone credit card during different days but none of my calls were answered by Credit First (OVER 30 MINUTES OF WAIT TIME!). They also have a weird policy that if you make the payment after 5pm on due date, that will be considered the next day which means your payment will be considered late!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have FLAWLESS credit history with all of my creditors. The CFNA autopay system is horribly outdated, and unreliable. I scheduled the allowed number of recurring payments, but after a couple, the rest just magically disappeared, resulting in negative credit impact. This has happened and been disputed by me several times, and they do not care. This company cares nothing for consumers, and are not honest. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

My online/on time payment was acknowledged with a confirmation number but the payment apparently never went through. I got my next statement with a "PAST DUE" and a $19.00 late charge. Attempts to contact them by email and phone have gone unanswered. Whoever CFNA is they are idiots. Why Firestone associates with them I cannot understand. A definite blemish on Firestone. I have had good service from the Firestone store.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was given 6 mos to pay off my Firestone bill with no interest, so I did that. But there has been no update on my credit reports since 8/13/18. So I called to inquire about this and got told my having paid off the balance in full wouldn't show til about 10/13/18. And meanwhile, it looks like I still owe them almost $150. Plus, I paid it in cash, the quickest way I know of. I have no idea why it takes that long for FC to show you have a zero balance, but there you have it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I see a lot of complaints about payments and late fees. You all are aware that you can pay at any Firestone free of charge. That is how I pay my bill with them. I walk in and tell the rep I want to pay my credit card. He give me my receipt. All done. Add the excellent service in and this is a win win for me.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I'm writing this review for people making a phone payment on their Firestone account to Credit First National Bank. I make a partial payment while I to Firestone and then the rest of my payment by phone as I was leaving the parking lot. When I made a phone payment I was given a confirmation number and hung up. come to find out they charged me a late fee and said I was supposed to stay on the line and hung up too soon so they have charged my account a late fee and had to pay the rest of my payment again which doesn't cover the late payment. I'm not eligible for a waiver until next Sept. So beware for some deceitful tactic of banks trying to squeeze money out of customers. Any way they can make a buck. To me it is a dishonest policy and payment should have been posted since it was made on time and before the payment date.

Original review: March 26, 2018

February 12, 2018, I inadvertently made a payment to Credit First National Association on an account with a zero balance. The logical and right thing to do was return it. But oh no, they issued it to the account. WHY? It has been at least two years since I last used that account. February 15, 2018, immediately after discovering my mistake I contacted CFNA to request a refund. After following their instructions went to the bank explained what happened, what was required to correct it. My personal bank representative spoke to their supervisor, verified required information. The supervisor promised I would receive the refund within 7-10 days which would be February 28, 2018.

March 9, 2018, (16 days past due) after not receiving the refund I again contacted CFNA, spoke to Heidi, explained the problem, she stated check was sent. I responded I did not receive it. She stated another check would be sent, but the original check would need to be researched to ensure it had not been cashed. She would call me on Monday, March 12th, 2018. At the time of this review, March 26, 2018, it has been 2 weeks and I have not received a response.

March 14th, called a third time spoke to Razon, explaining the problem again. She stated it would be thirty days before I could get it. I explained this was unacceptable. It has already been thirty days. At this point, I don't trust them and I believe I am not the only person that has had problems getting them to correct what "they" did. I am getting the runaround and will not continue to wait or talk with them. I am notifying you, potential customers, from their dealings with me they have not shown themselves to be an honest reputable company. I have notified them that if I did not receive my money I would do everything in my power that is legal to let others know of their dealings with customers. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Disgruntled former customer!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

Enticed by Commerical Tire to purchase tires through their "easy" no interest for 6 months program, via CFNA. Well, like other folks the statement showed up late indicating a late fee for $35.00, then did other research and VERY UNLIKE, other financial offers such as Home Depot, etc., where truly 6 month no interest, means EXACTLY THAT. Well CFNA not only miscalculates for late fees like Wells Fargo did, but also WILL CHARGE YOU INTEREST ON THE ENTIRE AMOUNT IF YOU GO 1 HOUR BEYOND the 6 months. That is dishonest or misleading in advertising. At least Sears, or other entities that issue 6 month no interest, only charge interest on the remaining balance. DO NOT USE CFNA.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I am boycotting Credit First N.A. because they have screwed up my V. A. Loan by reporting a bill that doesn't belong to me, it belongs to another person, and it is not FAIR! They hate Veterans, and Gold Star Family Member.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I have my account set up for automatic payment. However, a charge raised my minimum monthly payment and I was charged a $35 late fee. This happened for four months. When I finally caught it, I called Firestone and explained that my accounts are set up to automatically pay the minimum amount if my payment isn't enough to cover the required monthly payment.

I had forgotten that Firestone isn't set up for automatic monthly payments in that way. I asked them to waive the late fees, since I hadn't missed payments in the past, and I had immediately brought my account up to date when I realized my error. The rep told me it was my fault not theirs, so they weren't obligated to refund the late fees. I guess customer loyalty is bad for business. After all, late fees are all profit for no service provided!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I applied for this card through Firestone Auto Care when purchasing winter tires. I was approved for $1k and 6 months interest-free. No problem there. I'm one of those people who meticulously record, pay, and mail each bill at the post office immediately - and made no exception with this card. However, on each monthly statement, I've been charged a $25 late fee. My credit score has taken a massive hit.

After discussing the matters with my bank and reviewing the scans of each check and the Firestone/CFNA it is clear that although I wrote and mailed each check at the start of the payment period, these checks were not processed until well after the payment period ended over 25 days later, enabling them to charge me late fees. This is not okay. This is wrong. After looking at thousands of reviews and complaints, I now see that I am only one of thousands of people who have been victimized by this. Had I known beforehand, I never would have applied for this card. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My payment is due the 13th of every month. I work until after 5, but when you go to pay your bill after 5, they will not schedule it until the 14th. You then get a late fee because it is late. When I called, the kid that answered the phone said nothing they can do and was cocky. Do not get this card if you are going to make your payments on the day your card is due. Last I checked there was 24 hours in a day, unreal and should be illegal with todays technology.

Original review: July 17, 2017

CFNA has made it as difficult as possible to pay my Firestone bill. They sent me ONE document a couple weeks after signing up for 6 months no interest, which stated my Credit Card would be in the mail shortly. Since that time, I have never received anything else from them. I have called numerous times. Only once did they give me enough information to setup my account on CFNA.com. Since then they still have not sent me my credit card and if you forget your username you need your CFNA Credit Card number to find your username.

If you try to call, give them your SS#, Name, and DOB, they will not give you your credit card number, your account number, or your username. They require your account number to get your account number!!! The Account number that is never shown on any of their emails. The Account number that I do not have because I have not received any mail since right after signing up. And yes, I have confirmed my address with this company. I cannot access my account and there is no way to access it. They put this system in place on purpose. To make it as difficult as possible to pay your bill. Someone should go to jail.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Took vehicle to repair shop for brakes, everything seem to be fine. Checked wheel nuts as always when anybody removes tires. Wheel nuts were all different, looked over invoice. The spot for torque was never filled in. I disputed the charge with owner, credit card company. The owner said they were torqued. I asked for copy of all papers I sent in. The person I talked said he didn't care. Paying bill off then I'm with Credit First National Association.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Applied a credit card through Credit First National Association via Firestone. Reason why is that I was suckered in by the "NO INTEREST FOR SIX MONTHS!" by store manager. I was not told if I didn't pay the full amount within six months, I will be paying the interest that was supposed to be for the first six months that I had the chance to pay the amount which was $1000.00 that had accumulated to an interest of $77.24. I was paying more of the minimum each month so that I would have less interest charged after the 1st six months. I shouldn't have agreed to open one. I should have know better. Anyways, not going to deal with Firestone or CFNA in the future. Or maybe the Firestone site manager didn't care about his customer. He just wanted to get his quotas to be on the top credit card seller.

Original review: May 9, 2017

My car broke down in May 2016. I wanted it close to my job so I could walk to and from when it was ready for pickup. The manager was great and I needed a lot of work, more than the card approved me for so he messed with the numbers and made it work. Anyway, fast forward to the first payment I get a late payment fee. Landed on a holiday. Figured my mistake so let it go. Well then I get another and call and complain... then another after that and they will not fix anymore. I have this card set up like every single one of my other bills and I pay on it every 2 weeks yet somehow the fates keep changing and I keep getting late fees!

Last month alone my bill was $39 for the month. I paid $60 in total and yet bow have a $35 fee! How does this work for ALL my other bills and I never have late fees on anything else ever!!! I split up my payments so that I even pay a little extra each month to stay ahead. Yet every time I turn around somehow paying every 2 weeks accrues late charges.

This is a terrible company with terrible customer service. Walking in the door the very first time was the only "good experience" and that was with a broken down vehicle. Made 2 appts there after that first one was a couple hrs late. It's whatever stuff comes up emergencies happen. It had just happened to me a few weeks prior when I broke down. I probably took over some appts too. I went in for an oil change as well as complaining that ever since they gave me new tires my pressure light stays on.

Well they couldn't figure it out and here we are almost an entire year later and it is still on. I can guarantee they gave me the wrong oil. The guy played it off that they just marked that, but he at first had no idea what I was even talking about. I guess since I am a female I wasn't suppose to know those things. I decided to give a second chance and the next time was still just as bad as a wait. Never again will I go to Firestone, use this card, and I have told EVERYONE to stay away as well.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I have a Firestone account. I have been making payments on my account since July of 2016, I had no idea that each and every month I have been getting late fees because I chose to make cash payments at the facility where I take my car. No one ever told me that if I make a payment in the store location that they were going to post it 1 day not 3 to 4 days. I make the payment on the 8th of the month and it has posted for the last 10 months on the 9th so a day later and I have been CHARGED 35 or LESS each and every month but I am supposed to know this but their automated systems says if you make a payment after 5 pm you are subject to late fees.

Well I have made mine's as a cash payment at 8 AM and got late fees, so pretty much you will only get a 70 credit and that is it per the manager that I had spoken with this morning and that as of today 04/22/17 I now understand their process. So there goes my 6 months same as cash because 210.00 all went to late fees and I was probably only paying 10 a month for the last 6 months, no wonder my BALANCE never moved too far. WOW what a joke.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Sept. 2016 bought new tires at local Firestone store $264.11. Store manager informed me that if I sign up for a Firestone Credit Card, that I will have 6 months interest free to pay off card, so I divided the balance into 6 monthly payments. Little did I know that the balance did not qualify for 6 months interest free. I have $117.00 in late fees. Firestone did not inform me that an minimum of $299.00 is the minimum that qualifies for 6 months interest free. They subtracted only one late fee.

I don't know if the store manager knows this, but the credit card company should have informed me and I could have avoided these late fees. But this company are scammers and they don't care. I am going to pay off balance and never use again unless necessary but will not carry a balance. I even told them that they should inform all Firestone managers/employees that there is a minimum balance for the interest free option. But again they mostly likely care. They just want scam and take your money, so beware.

Original review: April 11, 2017

This is by far of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. Don't waste your time or your money on this company. They are thieves. I know many people that go through this company and after telling them what they did to me they will not continue with them. I paid these people almost 900 dollars to pay off for what services they did to my car. First of all FIRESTONE didn't even fix my car properly. Then when I wanted to pay them off they wouldn't accept the Discover card. Well that is all I had. Then when I talked to a supervisor. They said that it was fine to mail in a money order. Well I live in Phoenix AZ and their company in OHIO. They knew that it would take a while and then after I sent the rest left they tried to tack on late charges because it didn't get there in time when I was well assured that that was okay that I sent the money order in. DON'T waste your time. They stole plenty of my hard earned little money that I made.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I rarely use credit cards. The Firestone asked me to place my recent repair on my card and I agreed. First payment by debit Visa was rejected by CFNA - Cost to me $25.00. Just reviewed February bill online - said I have a $35.00 late fee. I called and CFNA said they emailed me my bill for Feb on 1/27/17. I have no bill or email reminder. I have to pay another $35.00. So no I have given CFNA $25 & $35 = $60. I cannot afford their cheating game. I closed the account and will pay off this credit this week. I need tires and other car services, but WILL NEVER use their credit card scam service again! We all need to complain and stop these ripoff credit card services!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I wish I had read these reviews before I let them talk me into an account. About 2 months ago I set up schedule payments online. I was not advised that it was a one time deal. Payment did not go through and they charged me late fees and interest. They never sent me a bill or reminders stating that my account was past due and I was late. I would highly suggest to stay away from CFNA, this is the worst credit card company!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Sent August 26th. Processed by Firestone on August 31st. $90 5 days. Sent Sept 22. Processed by Firestone on Oct 4th. 12 days. Examples of time they take to process a payment, bill is due the 1st of the month. November 1st payment made like the others through my banks. Web bill pay on October 28th. Not processed till November 10th. 13 days and what do they do? They penalize you with late fees, is it my fault they don't take wired payments directly from your bank like the others do? Is it my fault when they sit on it for 2 weeks? I will finish paying this card when I can and I will not use them again, this is not the first time.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I pay all of my credit cards online. CFNA ("Firestone CC") is the only site I consistently have trouble with. The site no longer recognizes my account (even though I'm using the 'saved' passwords on my computer) and now even their voicemail is acting up. Since I couldn't get the online site to work properly, I called their 1-800 number, which put me into 'voicemail hell' as it continually refused to recognize my payment. It just kept asking, "Would you like to make a payment?" (I just made one, thank you... At least, I THINK I DID! Guess I'll have to check my bank statement to make sure.) And just to show you how out-of-touch this company is, my monthly paper statement has the same EXPIRED coupons printed on the back every month. What idiots.

Credit First National Association Company Information

www.cfna.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.