2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.38/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Credit First National Association Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: March 31, 2021

Received this card as a promotional offer when visiting my Firestone store. Canceled after the debacle below.

(1) Found out that they do not offer AUTOPAY - you must manually pay each month. No real credit card company does that these days.
(2) Had a $500 charge that was "late" despite their 6-month interest-free promotional financing.
(3) My mailing address was inaccurate and I did not receive the 2 statements that I was sent.

(4) They dropped my credit limit and reported it to the credit bureaus, even after I paid it over the phone.

Bottom-Line: Horrible company - Poor customer experience - Black-eye on Firestone.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have been with this card company for 10 yrs and still counting and I haven’t had any issues with customer service either, so in my opinion, the other reviews just seem off to me. The CFNA credit card has saved my credit score and my personal life tremendously. Thanks for reading, and you’re responsible for making your own payments peeps. I will always recommend it to others.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

If you have a chance to purchase tires, make sure not to use CFNA CREDIT. I bought my wife 4 tires, and it was 1300 total. So it was put on my CFNA card Oct 22, 2020. I get a paper statement a few days later saying I owe 44.00 FOR 10/15/2020 TO 10/23/2020. I have never had a credit card charge you two or three days after opening it up. And I have had late fees and calls saying that got the Oct. bill late and if my banks says different and I am looking at my account showing payment went through....Who am I suppose to believe. I am so done with this company!!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I used their online payment to pay my bill using my bank information before the due day. However, I got a late payment charge in my next bill statement. I called their customer service, a lady said the payment did not get through, so I gave my bank information to this lady and she manually input the information and she said everything is done, and late fee is removed, and gave me a confirmation number. A week later, I got a letter saying payment was not done. I called them again, another lady said I don't need to pay anything and everything has been taken care. However, they still charged me the late fee. I emailed them this time, they replied they cannot credit this charge. It is ridiculous that customers have to pay the cost for their unreliable online payment system. Their customer service is the worst compared with any other credit company.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Affected by COVID, and this company made it very apparent that they could have cared less. My bill was due on 8/13, but due to having COVID I paid it on 8/19. On July 10th, I had come down with COVID, and was down hard, from the illness. I called to see if they would be willing to waive the late fee, in lieu of everything. Not only was the CSR rude and hateful, but they lowered my credit limit by $800.00 and threatened to report my account as 30 days late, to the credit beaus. I tried to explain that if a patient is in a coma, it is impossible to call and advise they are ill. The CSR's response was, I still should have called. I have been with them for almost 3 years, with a perfect payment history, and this is how I was treated.

Original review: July 31, 2020

This company has not only reported fraudulent information to my credit report they also just updated my Experian Credit Report falsely showing me being late from 2018 to July 2020. And reporting to Equifax claiming first major reported delinquency July 2020 vs 2015. This fraudulent account was closed in 2015 and CFNA just violated the FCRA by not only ignoring my police report by updating old negative information as new. Also Wendy from CFNA has been extremely rude when I call claiming that the company changed systems and that by reporting false information to my credit report they are doing me a favor.

The car was sold to someone off Craigslist in 2009. I have been a victim of identity theft for years. In 2017 this company lied to me telling me if I paid off the account they would delete it off my credit report. I was desperate to delete it since they ignored my prior disputes so I only paid it off to delete it back in 2017. The account use to use closed in 2015 now it shows closed July 2020 and I have suffered legal damages because of their error and negligence.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I have only had this Firestone credit card for a few months and have been billed once and paid the balance at that time 03/04 2020. Since then they have put me into paperless billing without my knowledge. I don't know if they automatically do that but I was not advised either way. I have called and asked that they mail me my bill so that I may pay it, but as of today 07/14/2020 they haven't. I called again today trying to be sent a bill as I have had difficulty using their online service. I cannot log into my account and the call was dropped or I was hung up on I don't know which. All I want is for this company to send me out a conventional bill for me to pay.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I have had a problem with my bill EVERY SINGLE MONTH for over a year, I have given them my routing #, my bank card, set up Zelle, used my boyfriend's credit card. They get it right maybe 2 out of 10 times. I always make sure there is money in the account but it never goes through and I get a late fee! I call every month and they simply can not give me an explanation for why. So I give them my bank card over the phone 5$ fee and nothing is resolved but they get the money and the late fee.

I spent an hour on the phone today trying to set up my account online. I can't, they even sent me to the Supervisor who also had no explanation for why and confirmed all my account info is correct. Was told someone would call me back but they couldn't tell me how long that would take. Meanwhile I will most likely get another late fee! Can this even be a legal business? I checked online and found many reviews similar to mine, at least I feel a little better knowing it's not just me.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I have looked into my Balance from CFNA and I noticed NONE of my Tire Plus receipts for payment to my account has been credited to my account!! Why is that? I called twice. Spoke nicely to two Reps from CFNA, 1 girl hung up the other said all my online payment, I told her I have made payments through Tire Plus stores..then she say “hello I cant hear you.” Hung up!! Where's my payments going? I have all receipts that my son pays at Tire Plus store then they are supposed to mail it to CFNA! I can’t imagine Different Tire Plus stores keeping these payments. Must be CFNA! These Payments needs to be found and my account adjusted to correct balance.

Original review: March 28, 2020

So I made a payment through my Bank of America bill paying account. Then I received a statement from Credit First not crediting my account and imposing a late fee. When I contacted Credit First, the person I spoke to was rude and not helpful at all. Worst experience ever.

Credit First National Association Company Information