Find a Credit Cards partner

3. Credit Cards

3.8/5 (148 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Credit First National Association

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Credit First National Association Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Original review: April 7, 2020

I have looked into my Balance from CFNA and I noticed NONE of my Tire Plus receipts for payment to my account has been credited to my account!! Why is that? I called twice. Spoke nicely to two Reps from CFNA, 1 girl hung up the other said all my online payment, I told her I have made payments through Tire Plus stores..then she say “hello I cant hear you.” Hung up!! Where's my payments going? I have all receipts that my son pays at Tire Plus store then they are supposed to mail it to CFNA! I can’t imagine Different Tire Plus stores keeping these payments. Must be CFNA! These Payments needs to be found and my account adjusted to correct balance.

Original review: March 28, 2020

So I made a payment through my Bank of America bill paying account. Then I received a statement from Credit First not crediting my account and imposing a late fee. When I contacted Credit First, the person I spoke to was rude and not helpful at all. Worst experience ever.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Affected by COVID-19. Lost my job on Monday. I called because my income has drastically changed. Most of my other cards, landlords, and other monthly bills are very understanding. Everyone worked with me to ease my stress during these unprecedented times. But not my Credit First National Association Card, little to no sympathy. Told me I already paid my bill for this month so there was nothing they could do. Ok... I lost my job 2 days after I paid you. And I pay my monthly payments on time, you would think that they would treat their customers with a little more compassion. I’m sure I wasn’t your 1st phone call today and I won’t be your last. Honestly can’t wait to pay you off and terminate my account. Not a credit card company I want to be with anymore.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I bought 4 tires and paid in 45 days, by mistake I paid $2700 dollars extra. When I called they said it will refund in 120 days. Now since one year I never see no refund. In this one year numerous calls made to the customer service they say within 10 days I will receive, but those 10 days never came since one year. Please be careful with this company, extremely poor services, lots of runaround but no results. How they cheat people is a magic trick on their selves, be careful.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I asked the representative to add my on auotopay, she said that, "All set and your account is on auotopay", after a few months I started getting calls from Credit First saying they didn't receive payments and I'm not on auotopay and they don't have such future. If they don't have an auotopay option why did she say my account is on auotopay? As a busy person I can't just keep checking on too many accounts to see if they got the payment or not. Now the credit first is the only late payment account showing on my credit report and I'm in a place in my life that I'm trying to take a step but this late pay is stopping me from moving forward.

Account is already paid off more than the amount that was given in the first place.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I see people have had issue with their Credit First credit card. I REALLY don’t see how that is. You have your bill online with the due date clear as day as soon as you log in. I can’t even say it sucks. They don’t have autopay because it takes a split second to log in and hit make a payment. I’m just a young guy who needed car repair when I didn’t have anything and this company has really helped me out. I haven’t had any issues with customer service either, so in my opinion the other reviews just seem off-putting. The CFNA AutoPass credit card has saved my credit score, and my personal life tremendously. Thanks for reading, and you’re responsible for making your own payments peeps! (As it says in the agreement you sign when getting the card...)

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Like so many others on here I have perfect payment history, they do not offer auto pay and since I travel for work extensively I try to make a point of setting up auto payments on all of my bills. I missed a payment and they reported it immediately, mind you I used the card two years earlier and paid off the balance. In fact paid over the amount owed and had to call for six months to get my money back. Do not get this card or any other offering from CFNA. They are a terrible business with zero concern or care for customers. They actually cost Firestone a life long customer here, I will never get tires from them again due to this credit company.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Like a lot of other reviewers on this site, I also have and maintain impeccable credit. Have had the CFNA Firestone card for many years, during which time, I only had two late fee charges. The first one, was forgiven out of the apparently only drop of generosity they have--must have caught them on a good day. The other, was not. So, I thought about this for a minute and summarized the following: CFNA was doing me no favors. In fact, I was doing them a favor, but maintaining their card for all these years without any perks.

There are no loyalty bonuses, specialty coupons or late fee forgiveness for good credit paying customers. Why the heck am I still maintaining a card with a company that doesn't value my >800 credit score as a customer? Because at this point, it's costing me to do so. So, CFNA, good luck trying to find well suited customers to keep your ship afloat. Sadly, you are just another corporate example of the gross failure of man that you embrace and applaud.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I received a call at 8 pm NY time from this credit card company. I have impeccable credit. I now fear after reading some of the other experiences with this card from other reviewers. My first payment of $27 was due on November 18th. My office manager sent it on November 7th per my files. Needless to say they said I was late. I had to research what happened and it seems there was an entry problem. I in turn decided to send a $50 payment just for good measure and called the 800 number back to let them know that I corrected the error we found. I mentioned that I paid $50 instead of the $27 and it would be there by Friday the 29th.

The lady started ripping me about the bill being $80 not $27 and said the bill was 2 months behind. I said that is impossible because the card was opened in mid October. The first bill was due the 18th of Nov. I asked to speak with the lady that I was talking to that originally called me. She reluctantly handed me off to the other lady who I thought was simply calling out of a courtesy to let me know there must be an issue with payment. I was then told the same deal. The bill was $80. She said the December bill went out already.

I asked for her to remove the late fee as it was a simple mistake for the first billing cycle. She said it was not their problem and they don't issue late fee reimbursements if it is not bank error. We went back and forth, she offered half the late fee, I was persistent on asking what kind of company has no wiggle room for a simple error. She eventually said she would waive the late fee. I will now watch this company like a hawk and report to appropriate authorities if there is any issues with my credit or any of the issues of receiving payments.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Stopped by Firestone to have car looked at due to overheating. It took about 2 hours and when they were done our CFNA card was declined. The manager called to see why and said we had to contact the Fraud Department at CFNA. We called the Fraud Dept. right away and they were closed so we called the number on the back of the card. Once we were connected and explained what was going on we were told that all they needed was a photo ID sent to them of the front and back. We obliged and sent this over. After three attempts they received this. After an hour and 20 minutes we got disconnected and had to call back. Mind you we only have the one vehicle and Firestone would not release it until the bill was paid.

So after several hours on the phone and Firestone closing we did not get the car nor did we get an answer from CFNA. We had to walk home 9 miles in 26 degree weather and now have to find a way to pay for the repairs and get a way to Firestone. We are not rich and live paycheck to paycheck and CFNA offered us the credit so we can afford monthly payments but flagged our account without a letter or email and no explanation as to why it was flagged for fraud. To this day we have still have no car and no explanation but we still get bills. I have filed a lawsuit for unreasonable blocks or holds. THEY'RE GOING DOWN.

Credit First National Association Company Information