4.1/5 (442 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Center Open

About CARCHEX

CARCHEX helps you purchase and maintain your car by offering various vehicle products, including extended auto warranties. Rather than offering its own plans, CARCHEX works with multiple third-party warranty providers. These vehicle service contracts cover repairs due to mechanical failures or malfunctions but not collisions. Plans also come with additional benefits like roadside assistance and towing.

Pros

• Available in California
    • Partners with charities
    • Accepts high-mileage cars
    • Lower-cost plans available

Cons

• Doesn't cover exotic vehicles
    • Some contracts aren't renewable

Bottom Line

Consider CARCHEX if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty, especially if you have a high-mileage vehicle. Although its contracts can be confusing, company representatives can help you understand what you're signing.

CARCHEX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

After I set up my policy with a CARCHEX rep, I called back to ask some more questions. I spoke with a different salesperson and apparently, the person that sold me the contract was not honest about some things. He told me that I was covered for certain things but when I went over the contract to try to understand it more clearly, that person divulged to me that it wasn't covered. The first rep was telling me that I was covered for 100,000 miles but he didn't tell me that the mileage that I had on the car was going towards that 100,000. I thought that I was covered from the miles that I had on the car, 100,000 from that, and that wasn't the case. So, I wound up canceling.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

CARCHEX reps have always been very professional and helpful in providing answers to questions that I've had. One of the persons that I talked to was also helpful in that they shared things that you want to look for in the process of shopping for a warranty. They sent the necessary documentation promptly and it covers most of the things that we had discussed on the phone. I was comfortable with the price of the package, too. So, at this point, I'm pretty satisfied with my experience. I would tell my friends that this is a place that they should at least check and investigate.

Edmund,

Thank you for your feedback! Very glad to hear we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I called Carchex and talked to Tasha. I loved that girl. She had my ear. I told her that if I do bumper-to-bumper, I'm not gonna get this and that covered. But she said they take care of the little things too like the sideview mirrors and headlight system. And I told her to sign me up.

James,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Tasha! Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

They explained the plan to me really well. It was initially gonna be 160 dollars a month, but I couldn't afford that. So we worked a 12-month program so it was better for me.

Demetra,

Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to set you up with coverage for your vehicle. If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please feel free to reach out at any time. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

When I signed up with Carchex, it was fabulous. You have to wait 30 days, and then plus, put 1,000 miles on your car before it starts. But I'm really happy. I liked my rep. So far, the experience has been incredible.

Penny,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer, and glad we could assist.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

The lady at Carchex was very nice. I got the bumper-to-bumper. I set up the payment with my debit. It then takes the money every month out of my account.

Jackson,

Thank you for your feedback! If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please feel free to reach out at any time.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I was contacted by Brandon on Halloween October 31st. He pressured and pressured and would not get off the phone until I gave him a $50. He said, "You can cancel if you're not happy." Well then very next day I could not get through to any customer service all day long. He refused to send me the information that I wanted I kept blowing me off. I told him I want to cancel. This is starting off terribly. I was told that I would be refunded my $50 by the third or fourth. It's like a week later. I can't even get a hold of anybody. Nobody will respond. The only line that'll answer is sales and then they'll transfer me to customer service which never answers. They were trying to charge me $7,000 for a very limited warranty that didn't cover what he said.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

The Carchex sales rep was very good. He explained everything to me and I already have the papers.

Karen,

Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to set you up with coverage for your vehicle. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I bought the warranty a few months back, I’ve called, emailed, left messages and can’t get through or the office is closed. You can call sales and get through after two rings at any time! I’m thinking I’ve been scammed.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I don't have all my paperwork. They said I would be receiving it in the mail. But I have not even received that yet. But they were very responsive. I was also happy about the seals and gaskets because this was an older vehicle and I knew that the choices were going to be limited. So that was a big deal for me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

The Carchex rep that signed me up was really good. He was very informative and he tried to answer every question that I had. He seemed to be a trustworthy type of guy. He didn't sound like a used car salesman.

Mike,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad we could assist.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I purchased my contract in april of 2022 with Carchex and my car went in the shop and the shop had to call American Auto Shield to get the problem paid for and they keep telling the mechanic whenever my car goes in the shop that I don't have a active contract so, I called the place I make my payment to and I asked them who do I have a contract with and they said, "You make your payment to us and your contract is with CARCHEX but your service goes under Amer auto shield" and both company said I don't have a active contract. So I said, "Why am I paying Paylink" and paylink told me what my contract number is with carchex.

To help me out paylink called carchex to get someone on the phone to see what's going on and they couldn't get anyone to answer the phone.. As of today 11.8.22 I need all my money back since April.... I'm not paying for a contract I don't have and if I didn't have a contract why didn't carchex inform paylink that I didn't have a contract and allowed them to bill me each month....

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Their plan and price are good. Their option was way better than what I looked at first.

Abdul,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! Please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

My sign-up experience with Carchex was good. The sales rep was very good.

Michael,

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I purchased Carchex, but then after reading the contract, I canceled it and got a refund. The experience was good, but the contract didn't really cover anything. If the transmission would go out, it wouldn't cover the whole transmission. It would just cover the part that went out. To break the transmission down to fix that, it won't cover it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I had a policy from a different provider but I've been reading the reviews on them and they weren’t too good. I switched over to Carchex and the policy is pretty good. I pay less with Carchex as well. The rep I worked with was real helpful and made everything real easy.

Emmanuel,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are pleased with your coverage! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The salesman at CARCHEX was pretty nice to deal with and wasn't the high-pressure type one. Their price was all right, too.

Dion,

We appreciate your review! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Everything was very good with Carchex. I took the best one they had to offer.

William,

We appreciate your review! Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The Carchex representative was very nice and informative. Answered all my questions. I'm happy with the plan I got based on my vehicle.

Mary,

We are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer, and glad we could assist! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I went on the phone looking for somebody to go with because I had been to the dealership, and nobody ever got with me. I had been trying to find something for quite some time and I had just kept dropping off and not doing it. I decided that I would go ahead and do it and Carchex came up. It was recommended on the thing, and when I went and looked at some of the others they had, the rating was not where it should have been. The man from Carchex was very thorough with me on the telephone. He told me what the company would do and what they would do if something happened. He was clear with all of that with me and he let me ask questions to see what I thought about it. I got my information with the contract in the mail from them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Signing up with Carchex was seamless. There were a variety of plans and I picked the one fit for my vehicle. The experience has been good.

John,

Thank you for your feedback! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I took my car in because my A/C is not blowing cold air. The service center calls Carchex for authorization. The cost of the repair is around $1700.00 and they only authorize $900. I called to find out why and the lady on the phone is short with me. Says they are allowed to authorize whatever amount they want. I tried to get a better explanation, but did not receive one. I felt like she was put out because I questioned her. I feel like she felt I should be thankful for whatever she authorized.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I used to go through CarShield but I was hearing some bad remarks about them so I tried to find others that take insurance. I had talked to three or four other people and they wouldn't give me the price that I was looking for. I called Carchex and the guy that I talked to was really friendly. I was pretty satisfied and I liked the quote he gave me. I recommend Carchex.

Shelia,

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

The rep from Carchex was awesome and almost too good to be true.

Janet,

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

The rep was very nice. Carchex pays most of the coverage.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Definitely do CARCHEX. The reps were good people and they didn't push me.

Daniel,

We are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer, and glad we could assist. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Great experience, very personable and knowledgeable, overall good experience. Warranty pricing was much more reasonable than a warranty from the dealership. I was a mechanic for many years and have reached the age of achy back and knees don't want to work on my vehicles anymore so this is my first experience with an extended warranty. We'll see if the ease carries through if and when I ever have a claim.

Gene,

Thank you for your review! Very glad to hear we could assist in setting you up with coverage for your vehicle. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

The customer service was more than willing to help me out, knowing my financial issues and status to be able to start some coverage. With the costs that Audi would have, they put me on the platinum plan. The signup process with Carchex was very easy. People would just answer some questions and they can get to the coverage right away.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Carchex has great customer service. Patrick was easy to talk to. He explained everything so I could understand what was going on. I'm very happy with the service whenever I've called to ask them anything. They were very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Signing up with Carchex was an easy experience but the coverage was a little more expensive than I wanted. The only issue I had was another company somehow must have tapped into their website and stole my information. They got ahold of me first and I was unhappy about that.

CARCHEX Company Information