4.1/5 (418 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About CARCHEX

CARCHEX helps you purchase and maintain your car by offering various vehicle products, including extended auto warranties. Rather than offering its own plans, CARCHEX works with multiple third-party warranty providers. These vehicle service contracts cover repairs due to mechanical failures or malfunctions but not collisions. Plans also come with additional benefits like roadside assistance and towing.

Pros

• Available in California
    • Partners with charities
    • Accepts high-mileage cars
    • Lower-cost plans available

Cons

• Doesn't cover exotic vehicles
    • Some contracts aren't renewable

Bottom Line

Consider CARCHEX if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty, especially if you have a high-mileage vehicle. Although its contracts can be confusing, company representatives can help you understand what you're signing.

CARCHEX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CARCHEX ?

Original review: July 20, 2022

Eric was great. He worked with me on some discounts and had a very positive attitude. He should get a raise. He explained everything to as carefully as could be as I had a lot of questions. Hopefully I never use the service!

Andrew,

We appreciate your review, and are glad to hear Eric was able to assist you. Thank you for choosing CARCHEX!

Original review: July 20, 2022

The salesman was very nice to deal with, and Carchex has nice customer service.

Robert,

Thank you for your review! Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to set you up with coverage for your vehicle.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The rep went into detail about setting things up, and it took 20 minutes to half an hour to sign up. Everything was fine.

Roxie,

We appreciate your review! Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: July 18, 2022

All I had to do was sign up. It was easy. CARCHEX has a 1,000 miles and 30 days that I have to go through before I can submit a claim, and I'm only 25 days in.

But so far, so good.

Neil,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad we could assist. Please reach out at any time should you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: July 17, 2022

CARCHEX's rep was easy to talk to. Explained everything. Also, CARCHEX's policy was the best for me. It covers everything I needed, including my supercharger.

Keshawn,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer, and glad we could assist.

Original review: July 16, 2022

CARCHEX had a higher mileage limit than some of the other ones. Also, their reps were helpful.

Michael,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are pleased with your coverage!

Original review: July 15, 2022

I called CARCHEX and they offered me the one where I only have a $100 deductible. And this one comes with roadside assistance and free towing. I was happy with the way the girl helped me as much as she could on the phone.

Darron,

Very glad to hear your Protection Specialist was able to set you up with coverage for your vehicle. Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 14, 2022

I had a pleasant experience with CARCHEX. So far, the contract sounds very good from what I'm reading of it. The policy is a bit more than what I want to pay, but it's worth it. The rep worked with me, but that was all he could do.

Elizabeth,

Thank you for your feedback. If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please feel free to reach out at any time.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I just wanted something to cover the motor and drive train, and all the fancy electrical things that can break. I got Carchex for my daughter's 2016 Chevy Malibu and another one for my 2019 F-150. The customer service was very helpful.

Robert,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad to hear we could help set you up with coverage for your Malibu and F-150. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions!

Original review: July 12, 2022

There was some miscommunication when I bought the warranty on the phone that the rep had told me that it would be 30 days or 500 miles before it came into effect. But when the service contract got here, it said 1,000. But it wasn't that big of a deal because the car seems to be in good shape. Other than that, the conversation was good. I wish CARCHEX would do more of communication through email. It would be nice to specifically email a customer something prior to making them pay for it so they could fully understand what it is they're purchasing. But I couldn't get an email sent to me that showed me what the coverage was until after I agreed to buy it and gave the rep payment, and then I got an email. That is something that I felt should be different. Other than that, the customer service was good.

Original review: July 11, 2022

CARCVHEX did a good job in explaining the coverage. So, I asked them what it cost. They told me, and I told them I needed to make a decision and I would get back with them. The guy that sold the policy to me ended up giving me another discount after they talked to the supervisor. Later on, they mailed me the package over. I'd recommend CARCHEX.

Chadwick,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are pleased with your coverage! If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please feel free to reach out at any time.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I've had Carchex for another car and I liked my prior experience with them. They paid when it was supposed to be paid. When I signed up again, I sent a request for an estimate and multiple days went by but I didn’t get a call from them. I had gotten an email the second day that said they have an estimate and I should expect a phone call. But if I was in a rush, I could call them. I waited for a couple of days but still didn’t hear anything. Usually, somebody would be on it quickly. I ended up having to call them then I was able to get everything done. They were informative and the plan suited what I was looking for for my car.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I was impressed with the rep from Carchex. She seemed very knowledgeable, professional and answered all my questions. She seemed to understand the product she was selling and was thorough, except for one thing I asked her to check on. She was gonna call me back but I never heard anything else from her. I'm still in the process of deciding whether I'm gonna cancel Carchex because I don't know what they're gonna cover if they're gonna cover anything at all or if there's a loophole in this contract that says they don't have to pay. Their price for what I was getting was good compared to the others. So, I was pleased till I tried to read through the contract. Reading through it is so hard. If this wasn't that confusing to me, I'd be happy.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Everything was fine. The policy is $300 more than what I was paying. But I got a 0 deductible and hopefully, if the truck goes in the shop, it'll cover the things that need doing. But they did not send me a card with my account number on it that I'm required to keep in my wallet and my glove compartment. Other than that, so far, there are no problems.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Signing up was a beautiful experience and I loved it. The person I was speaking to was very knowledgeable.

Jeremiah,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are pleased with your coverage!

Original review: July 5, 2022

They let me explain my situation. The plan they offered was better than the other companies Plus, my deductible is only 100 bucks and that's what one company was. But what I pay monthly is what I got to keep an eye on.

Original review: July 4, 2022

The reps answered all the questions. The cost was comparable to everybody else.

Karen,

Original review: July 3, 2022

CARCHEX was rated an A rating from the Better Business Bureau. They had an extremely professional and excellent customer service rep. I will recommend them to anyone. It's a good reputable company.

Larry,

Original review: July 2, 2022

Eric, the CARCHEX rep, was helpful, friendly, and answered my questions. CARCHEX is very good.

Ron,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Eric! Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding your plan.

Original review: July 1, 2022

CARCHEX was a little bit cheaper. I got the warranty on my vehicle and my experience has been all right so far.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The thing that I love about CARCHEX is my payments have been 106 consecutively. They haven't raised my rate. So, that's really helped me out and kind of been an incentive to keep it. If it ever were to go down, that would be even better but I'm just being very patient and consistently paying my bill. CARCHEXwas the only company that would go as low as my bare minimum or my max, and they were really sweet. They offered me a $700 credit towards my policy. They were very calming. They kind of walked me through it and they understood what exactly I needed. I haven't had to use it but I'm thankful that I have it.

Ashton,

Original review: July 1, 2022

I went with CARCHEX after going online looking for the best warranty that was out there with affordable prices. The rep I worked with was very pleasant and knowledgeable.

Terry,

We appreciate your review! We are happy to have you as a CARCHEX customer, and glad we could assist.

Original review: July 1, 2022

When the CARCHEX representative said that they paid for the sensors, that sold me right there. I got a bumper-to-bumper policy from them which was cheaper than CarShield, my previous provider, offered me. Also, I got my policy booklet from CARCHEX within a week but with CarShield, I called them three separate times asking for my booklet to show what I was covered for and what I was not covered for. Then after I cancelled them, it finally showed up.

William,

Original review: July 1, 2022

Everything sounded good at first with CARCHEX. But everything didn't go too well with them. My car is at a shop right now and the person that comes to see about the car told the guy at the shop that the car had too many miles on it, but he didn't tell me this. So, they accepted my contract though and I've been paying for months on this bill, then now, they denied my contract. At the moment, I'm waiting for somebody to get in touch with me to see if I could get my money back. I just got robbed by them.

CARCHEX response

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent claim. We appreciate you taking the time to discuss this matter with us. We appreciate you accepting our offer of assistance and keeping the coverage.

If you have any additional questions, please give us a call at (877)227-2439 Ext. 6001.

CARCHEX Customer Loyalty Department

Original review: July 1, 2022

It was said that CARCHEX was the top-of-the-line for my area, but it wasn't. There was something with my transmission and they said it was not going to be covered. They didn’t pay for that but they told me that it was covered when I bought the policy.

CARCHEX response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

According to our records, you spoke with us several months ago about cancelling the coverage. A cancellation was processed on 4/15/2022 and back dated to be effective 3/15/2022.

Unfortunately, as the retailer, we do not have any records of a transmission issue at the time of cancellation. Although those records may be with the contract administrator, your coverage is cancelled.

If you have any questions about the coverage, please give us a call at (877)227-2439.

CARCHEX Customer Service

Original review: July 1, 2022

When I called CARCHEX, they answered my questions and were decent. They were better and a lot cheaper than my last insurance company.

Anthony,

Original review: July 1, 2022

I’ll recommend CARCHEX. I'm hoping they stick to their word.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I talked to CARCHEX's representative and she was talking okay. So, I just went on with it. There was just one simple mistake that they made. It was a certain part up there that I thought was covered. But it wasn't, and I wasn't told that it wasn't covered. I had a chance to look over my coverage. I called and talked with my representative. And I asked her to send me everything that is covered. When I looked that on that paper, that particular thing was optional. If she explained to me that it was optional, I would’ve added it to the package.

When I called in and try to get it added, the person stated that my coverage was six months old. I could have if I did it within 30 days, but that wasn't told to me either. And when I talked to my representative, she said, “You call and they can add it for you tomorrow.” But when I called, they said they couldn't add it. That was one major setback that I didn't like. That is a pivotal point to the car that I purchased. That something, they mainly go out. But I will recommend someone to CARCHEX.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I got CARCHEX back in January. I was on a Silver. But I realized it didn’t cover everything, so I switched to Gold. One of them doesn’t cover everything. The AC went out in my car and when I took it to the dealership, they said it would cost X, Y, and Z. How CARCHEX sold it to me was I just pay the deductible and they would cover whatever. But they would only pay one-third of the cost. What happened to me paying the deductible? What am I paying CARCHEX monthly for if they are not going to cover my service? My AC was 1,600, and they would only cover 500. So, I just paid out of pocket. They tried to make a scene like I was trying to get over on them, and they didn’t know if it was already an issue. I said, “You can just cancel. I’m not gonna pay you monthly, and you’re gonna pick or choose what you want to pay for.”

Also, it took me four days just to get through to somebody, because I wait on the phone for two to three hours at a time for a representative. Nobody was willing to help me. They kept, “Oh, you got to call this number,” or “I’m gonna transfer you here, I’m gonna transfer you there.” And every time I wanted to cancel, it took me all week just to do it. Nobody wanted to cancel my service. I either would get hung up on, or they would try to make me wait to talk to somebody. It was too much. Everything about it was a scam. I’d never get contact again. If anybody tells me to get CARCHEX, I would tell them not to do it.

CARCHEX response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you discussing this with our Customer Loyalty team on 4/11/2022 and 4/13/2022.

According to our records, your claim was approved 15 days into active coverage and in accordance with the terms of your gold level Deluxe plan using parts of like, kind, and quality. We apologize for any frustration caused by your out of pocket expense on this claim.

For the long hold times, our records show they were experienced calling the contract administrator of the coverage. We have expressed our frustration with this to the management teams and been assured this issue is being addressed with additional training and staffing.

On 4/11/2022, when you initially spoke with us, our staff offered to make a payment to the contract's finance company on your behalf as a one time courtesy to resolve your concerns. This payment was made on your behalf.

On 4/13/2022, we received an additional call requesting to cancel. We were advised you paid for the repairs completely out of pocket and the cancellation instructions were sent to you by email. We have not received the required written request to properly cancel your coverage.

Please give us a call at (877)227-2439 Ext. 6001 if you have any further questions or concerns.

CARCHEX Customer Loyalty Team

Original review: July 1, 2022

CARCHEX had the best thing going. I'm just hoping that I never have to use it.

Tom,

Thank you for leaving your review with us! Very glad we could assist.

CARCHEX Company Information