1.28/5

Need a utility company?

Need a utility company?

55 Heritage Propane Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Are you having trouble getting money back from Heritage Propane? Having moved, Heritage Propane owes us in excess of $500 for the remaining gas. They do not dispute this. However they come up with many different strategies to avoid sending us the check. I’m thinking that this is a policy of theirs and that perhaps there are hundreds - maybe even thousands - of customers across Florida from whom Heritage Propane has stolen money rightfully due to customers. Doesn’t this seem like a class action suit? How about an astute attorney out there willing to take this on?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

This place will add fees on fees once you have a contract. Tank was at my house when I moved in, canceled service. Kept getting charge for tank rental, finally got that took care of then I had to pay them to come get their own tank. Their business model sucks for the consumer, makes them lots of money.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Since May of 1999 we paid a monthly amount for our propane, which was paid by automatic bank draft. Then suddenly in 2017 we had a credit balance and only paid a total of $789.00 for the year. Then in 2018 there was a shortfall and we paid a total of $3,468.05. In 2019 after paying monthly installments totaling $1,824, I've been billed for an additional $2,975.34 and for a service call of $240.47 for repair on their tank which I rent. So.... for propane from January - July 2019, Heritage is billing me for a total of $4,799.34. A bit extreme I think. I'll need to seek advice.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Updated on 05/21/2019: I sent a note yesterday to the Customer Care “Reach Us” area of Amerigas which owns Heritage Propane and they came and picked up the tank today (GREAT!) but they left a final bill for 138.97. After… never being able to see the gauge on my tank since 1997, asking the manager for some way to get to the tank THEY OWNED without us having to dig it up each time we needed propane delivered and access to the gauge so we could tell when we were running out, not being able to get propane delivered in a timely manner knowing we were out (put us on 5 to 7 days will call) even though we never could see gauge to tell we were running out, AFTER offering to buy the tank which we more than paid for over 22 years rental fee they left a bill for $138.97. REALLY? I gave them one star because it was required to submit the review.

Original review: Heritage Propane Franklin, TN installed our 1,000 gallon tank in 1997. We did not have access to the gauge for the entire time the tank was installed in order to know if low or out of gas. We asked the manager of Heritage Propane Franklin, TN to install a riser/extension lid or some way of giving us access to the tank without digging before propane was delivered. Each driver asked us to locate the tank and dig up so they could fill with propane. We also asked for access to the gauge that was never accessible.

Knowing we were out of gas, they did not try to deliver gas in a timely manner especially since there was no way to monitor how much was in the tank since the gauge was not accessible. We would have to wait 5 to 7 days. It was never a positive experience dealing with the office staff of Heritage Propane Franklin, TN. After Heritage Propane Franklin, TN told us we could not purchase the tank they installed in 1997, we purchased another tank from a different gas company. The new tank was installed April 20, 2019. Heritage Propane Franklin, TN still has not picked up their old tank they would not sell us.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We have received 3 past due notices from this company and their tank has been ready for pick up for several weeks now. They delivered gas after being told they were not to deliver anymore. This is all documented in their Computer. Appointments have been made for pick ups, but they no show and don't even have the courtesy to let us know why. They actually owe us money for the gas that has been paid for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Heritage Propane?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I used Heritage Propane services for 2 years because their tank was already here when I bought the house. They always quoted one price and delivered another. Even though I was supposedly on auto-delivery, they never showed to check the tank unless I called. We parted ways 10 months ago (on good and clear terms) due to their change in contract. At that time I requested they remove their 250 gal tank from my yard. It's still there and, as of this week, still on the schedule to be removed. After seeing the massively bad reviews here and with the BBB, I don't think they're going to remove it, but I'm afraid to get rid of it less they charge me for it. Due to their higher than average prices, poor service, and aggressive contract, I recommend you look elsewhere for Propane Services.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Been dealing with these people for 17 years, all they have are excuses, denials, and coincidences. They want your business, but can't provide any kind of decent service. I don't blame them, I blame myself for dealing with such a shady tree company. They've been updating my account for the last 5 years. My solution is after this winter, is to find another company.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I recently prepaid to have my propane tank filled. They were supposed to let me know when they were going to fill the tank. They said they called but I have no record of the calls they supposedly made. I don’t have any appliances inside the home just an outside heat unit. They said they had to lock the tank due to no one being home to perform a leak check on my appliances. So now I have propane I have prepaid in a tank I can not access and temps in the 20's. The company is totally unprofessional. Then I found out they charge more than a dollar more than other companies. They need to be investigated.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

After looking here on the reviews... customer service is very very poor. I myself have had trouble on several occasions dealing with this company. On at least 2 occasions when we contacted the Seneca S.C. store they were very rude. It was a lady each time. On more than one occasion... we tried to put the bill payment into 2 payments. Each time this lady said o.k. no problem. Each time we got the entire bill pulled out of our checking. I am trying to pay online as we speak and trying to go to heritagepropane.com and my Android said error. So I can't even pay online. Guys delivering the gas? No problem. It's the people behind the desk that do not care at all. I hope to find another carrier asap... And as I read these reviews I am one of hundreds sick of customer service very poor attitude. So that's that... You people need to do something because social media will bury you... And it's your fault.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

So many times huge companies forget why they became so large. Customers. Most of the time I usually have always felt like a invoice number and a representative was basically reading a script instead of having a real conversation between people. Yesterday November 1st I met one of your employees named Angela from your Charlotte NC office. She represented your company with such profound professionalism with such quality people skills with me. It was just simply Angela and Louise. She immediately found my husband’s account. We chatted a bit and she gave me so quickly and kindly the information I was asking for. We ended the conversation with pleasantries.

But as the day continued I knew I needed to call her back and put a order in. I asked for her and she was immediately available. We continued with the process and to be frank she was the reason I decided to go ahead and place my order. I was sent a receipt very quickly. So simply to whom it may concerned, When I light my logs this winter, I will be thankful that I can do that but that the company we use has representatives that are kind, attentive and know what true customer service is. Thank you Heritage oil and thank you Angela.

Heritage Propane Company Information