2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

1.3/5 (57 ratings)

About Heritage Propane

Heritage Propane Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Heritage Propane?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Heritage Propane?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Been dealing with these people for 17 years, all they have are excuses, denials, and coincidences. They want your business, but can't provide any kind of decent service. I don't blame them, I blame myself for dealing with such a shady tree company. They've been updating my account for the last 5 years. My solution is after this winter, is to find another company.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I recently prepaid to have my propane tank filled. They were supposed to let me know when they were going to fill the tank. They said they called but I have no record of the calls they supposedly made. I don’t have any appliances inside the home just an outside heat unit. They said they had to lock the tank due to no one being home to perform a leak check on my appliances. So now I have propane I have prepaid in a tank I can not access and temps in the 20's. The company is totally unprofessional. Then I found out they charge more than a dollar more than other companies. They need to be investigated.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

After looking here on the reviews... customer service is very very poor. I myself have had trouble on several occasions dealing with this company. On at least 2 occasions when we contacted the Seneca S.C. store they were very rude. It was a lady each time. On more than one occasion... we tried to put the bill payment into 2 payments. Each time this lady said o.k. no problem. Each time we got the entire bill pulled out of our checking. I am trying to pay online as we speak and trying to go to heritagepropane.com and my Android said error. So I can't even pay online. Guys delivering the gas? No problem. It's the people behind the desk that do not care at all. I hope to find another carrier asap... And as I read these reviews I am one of hundreds sick of customer service very poor attitude. So that's that... You people need to do something because social media will bury you... And it's your fault.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

So many times huge companies forget why they became so large. Customers. Most of the time I usually have always felt like a invoice number and a representative was basically reading a script instead of having a real conversation between people. Yesterday November 1st I met one of your employees named Angela from your Charlotte NC office. She represented your company with such profound professionalism with such quality people skills with me. It was just simply Angela and Louise. She immediately found my husband’s account. We chatted a bit and she gave me so quickly and kindly the information I was asking for. We ended the conversation with pleasantries.

But as the day continued I knew I needed to call her back and put a order in. I asked for her and she was immediately available. We continued with the process and to be frank she was the reason I decided to go ahead and place my order. I was sent a receipt very quickly. So simply to whom it may concerned, When I light my logs this winter, I will be thankful that I can do that but that the company we use has representatives that are kind, attentive and know what true customer service is. Thank you Heritage oil and thank you Angela.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I purchased a cabin in Sevierville, Tennessee. The previous owner had a tank from Heritage Propane so I signed up to continue service. I noticed that it seemed extremely expensive considering the tank was large. Now this cabin ONLY has a gas fireplace ON A TIMER that was using gas. Everything else was electric. We ran the numbers after a couple of years and realized we were paying more for propane for one gas fireplace than we paid for propane at our home in South Carolina that had gas heat for over 2,000 sq. ft. and water heater as well. That is so way wrong!

We changed companies to Sevier County Propane A YEAR AGO and asked Heritage Propane to come pick up the tank. This tank has been sitting as an eyesore for a year and they would not come pick it up. I finally received a credit memo for $130.51 in Mid June (10 months later) for propane left in the tank. I expected to get a check for this. Instead, on 7/25/18, I received FINAL BILL indicating a PICK UP FEE of $59.99, plus a PUMP OUT RESTOCKING CHARGE of $149 leaving me owing $98.86 to them for picking up their own tank and gas. This CANNOT be legal and I am contacting a lawyer. I see so many complaints and find it amazing that the regulatory industry has not shut this company down.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I am doing a review on Heritage Propane with hopes they shut it down. We fill our tank ever year. On top of that charge they sent us a $80.00 bill because we did not use enough gas. Wow. Really. We cannot use the gas in the summer. I guess with global warming they are getting ready to make a killing. Unbelievable. They said it would take 3 weeks to pick up the tank. I really do not see that happening. I am sure they think they will charge us for picking up their tank but they will not get a dime from us. If they don't get it within a month I am chaining it to a truck and dragging it to the woods. This company is a shame. No wonder they have changed names 3 times. Hey guys 'SAME CRAP, DIFFERENT TOLIET'. Somebody better do something or it's going to be another empty building. We already changed over to a heat pump so goodbye Heritage Propane. YAY!!!

Original review: April 23, 2018

We have been a customer since 2014 and had we been paying attention we would have found another supplier after the first year. Pricing started out reasonable, but has increased steadily. This year prices are nearly double that of other propane suppliers in the area. When challenged with this info they did reduce the cost of one delivery by $1 per gallon. Deliveries have been regular although despite numerous requests to leave paperwork for each delivery we rarely have any record until a bill arrives. Requests to come and level the tank have gone unanswered for 3 years. Do yourself a favor and find another propane supplier.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I had two 100 pound tanks of propane at my house for my fireplace. 1 tank was totally full and the other was partially full. I was having my home tented for termites and then painted. I decided to get rid of the tanks since I did not use them much. I called Heritage to pick up the tanks and reimburse me for the propane that was left. They picked up when I was not home, then sent me a bill for pick up service. Their employee claimed the tanks were empty, and that I would get no refund. He obviously lied, and now I am out approximately $500. WHAT A RIP OFF!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I recently purchased a home that had gas logs. The prior homeowner had used Heritage, so I called them to continue the service. They came and set the tank, then came back a few days later to fill. Everything went well, and I was satisfied with the service. Three months later, during a long cold period, I checked my tank and it was at 25%. Thinking Heritage might be busy due to the weather, I went ahead and called to schedule a fill up. I didn't get an answer, so I left a message. And repeated this weekly for 3 weeks. I never got a single callback from all the messages I left.

When my tank hit 15%, I called the competitor, who gave me a much better price, gave my neighbor 35 gallons of gas for referring me, and had me taken care of in a timely manner - complete with the online account that I was never able to set up with Heritage. I even had to call Heritage at one point to ask them (in a message, of course) to please cash the check I had sent them 2 months prior, rather than continuing to send me bills. Just not a good company to work with.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have been using this company for about 10 years or more. I am on auto delivery and belong to none of their programs. I did belong to the "lock-in rate" program but realized that the rate was much higher if you consider the $99 you had to pay to "lock" in the rate. I have been doing some research and found that their current rate is more than $1/gallon. I am going to change to another company. This company is a rip off. I tried to call them all morning and their lines are always busy. I sent them an email using the "contact us" information and it was returned as unknown. Don't use this company. Talk to your neighbors and make phone calls to get the best price for propane.

Heritage Propane Company Information