3.3/5 (708 ratings)

About AmeriGas

AmeriGas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I am trying to help resolve my Dad's gas bill and called Amerigas billing department. 1st they are in India in a small office and you cannot ever hear the person on the phone. 2nd they do not even understand your concern or question. I refuse to pay a bill for services they charged him for and they never resolved it. The gas was leaking from day one and they will not refund the money for the gas that went in the air b/c of their incompetent workers can't do their job. The initial inspection is suppose to be a check and pressure test. Will they said they showed up before my dad was there for the time they told him, then they needed to get in to check the furnace. The tape ball was still on the end of the pipe. They never checked and they could not get in the house b/c they came early (as they said).

We called them back 25 days later b/c he was out of propane, What? 700 gallons gone. Then they left a note the tanks were leaking (do they even check them before they leave the site). So my dad is stuck paying for their leaking tanks. So I climb under his trailer to check pipes and everyone is leaking, but they did a pressure check on the pipe to verify. Why would anyone pay a bill for no service (they fixed nothing) and no gas (most of it leaked out), We are more than wil.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I was told when I agreed to go with this company, that I would be put on budget billing and my payments would average 120 dollars a month. After my tank and gas were delivered, I received a bill for 1133. I have called over and over and supposedly get it resolved. Then 2 weeks later they call again. Every time they say that there are no records of the arrangement. I have talked to 6 people in the past 3 weeks that give me the same story.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Placed an order 11.24.22. Today is 12.5.22. Still no delivery. 5 phone calls, including supervisor. Horrendous customer service, void of communication, conflicting and inaccurate information, useless website. Cannot speak to local office - only contracted call center whose ESL reps speak scripted responses and are of no help. Price gauged Propane. We canceled our order & service today and switched to a new propane provider. New provider’s propane is $1.45 LESS than AmeriGas.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Terrible service. Avoid at all cost! I filled my tank in July. I haven't been in the home at all and the propane is gone? It's only used for stove and heat. Heat is just now needed! You call for help and NO ONE answers then you're transferred to other countries where the language barrier kills all chances of getting the help you need because both people don't understand one another. I cannot stress enough how terrible this company is! GET SUNGAS.

Update: I emailed the reply email as asked with full detail of what has taken place and what I need to achieve! Again the company did a terrible job reading, comprehending or just didn't even take the time to read. Please see emails attached to reconfirm why not to use this company and further authenticate my original review! Run from this company as fast as you can!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

Customer for over 10 years. They used to be exceptional but now... Ditto the other reviews about no service and promised 24 hour delivery. Despite the fact that I am supposed to be on contract for fill ups when my tank reaches less than 30% (it is monitored by their signal device). The moment it ran out I called and was told that I would be placed on emergency service and would receive a fill up with in 24 hours. I called again next day. Was told the exact same thing. I would receive propane within 24 hours. This exercise in futility was repeated again the following day and was told the exact same thing by a third person that I would receive my delivery within 24 hours. Repeated again and you can imagine what transpired once again. I never did receive any call backs or concern. Asking for a supervisor is like mating elephants. A lot of trumpeting and noise and done at a high level but it takes 18 months for any results.

I could have stood behind cattle and collected the methane from their farts faster than Amerigas delivered. After seven days of no delivery I finally called another company for an emergency delivery. My tank was filled and I have started a new business contract with this new company. 16 days, half a month later while I was out of town an unmarked delivery truck from Amerigas topped off my already near full tank. And had the audacity to leave me a bill for the 30 or so gallons they delivered. I don't think so. My advice - use any company you can besides them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

I have been promised six different Emergency tank refills with NO RESULTS!! The first request for a refill was 10/4/2022. I was at about 15% at the time of the first order. I have been a customer for over 12 years (after our local company was purchased by AmeriGas). Soon after that purchase occurred I noticed a tank rental fee that had never been there with the previous company. I should have complained about this at the time but unfortunately did not. I recently found out that I owned the tank and should NOT have been paying any rental charge. That is only the beginning of the AMERIGAS NIGHTMARE!!

The final straw was countless hours with so called customer representatives who could not or wouldn't transfer me to a manager. I drove down to the so called local office to see what could be done as I was down to 5% gas with no hot water heating or cooking ability, for my family who was coming to visit over the Thanksgiving holiday, the ALL had to stay at a hotel. Which I paid for because they flew in from all over the country.

Again the 6 promises of "Emergency deliveries" were disregard every day promising to be delivered the next day ...THAT NEVER CAME! Since then I have changed companies and had next day delivery from two EX AMERIGAS employees who were gracious enough to tell me that I owned the tank and that they Quit AmeriGas because the company was SO POORLY RUN. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES as I did!! AmeriGas needs to be held accountable for their (at best) DELINQUENT BEHAVIOR! Shame on AmeriGas. Someone is going to die from cold or gas leaks that go unattended to! I am concerned for the elderly and the children who are susceptible to this treatment!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Ordered gas on 11/18/22 as we had run completely out (our fault). We were told that there was no "expedited delivery" for our area, so we'd have to wait until 11/29. Delivery truck arrived afternoon of 11/30, drove past house twice, stopped and wrote text to wife staying "undeliverable" and drove off. We've lived here 4 years. ALWAYS have trouble with delivery.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I called AmeriGas on 11/8 answering an advertisement I received in mail that I could get a gift certificate. I scheduled a delivery for 11/14. I called 10 times given 4 different cost and finally cancelled.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

On October 31st, we ordered and paid for $611 worth of propane with a promised delivery date of November 7th. No one showed up on the 7th. We called and were told it would be delivered on November 18th. Again, no one showed up. We called and were told that a repair or replacement of the tank was needed and a new delivery date of December 5th was given. Because the tank was now below 10% we asked for an escalated delivery and WE HAVE A VOICEMAIL stating the tech will be here today (11/28) between 9-12.

At 11:45 I called and was told there was no service request in the system. When I stated that the company that serviced our previous address did not charge us until delivery, I was told the service agreement states in advance payment is required. I asked to see a copy of the agreement to determine Amerigas responsibility and they ignored my question. I asked numerous times for the complaint to be escalated to management but I was repeatedly ignored. Meanwhile, we were being told that they were pulling a tech off another job and we should expect him shortly. No phone calls, no follow up and at 4:15 the tech is still not there. Even after his visit today, if he shows, propane will not be delivered until whatever repair is needed is done and they will likely try to charge for that for a tank they own. The only thing I can say about Amerigas consistency is that they have been consistently BAD from top to bottom, beginning to end. And holding our $611 hostage for 2 months by the time this is done.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

I've been attempting to get compensation from this company for almost 2 years. They admitted to cracking my driveway when they delivered their tank. I've been quoted $5000 to fix it. Amerigas now denies doing it. The photos below all have dates stamps on them. The first shows my driveway before they delivered the tank and the others are from the day they delivered their tank. Not a very reputable company in my opinion.

AmeriGas Company Information