2.9/5 (335 ratings)

About AmeriGas

AmeriGas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

AmeriGas sent my account to a collection agency despite the fact that I closed the account and sold the home. My title company also notified Amerigas. It took me months to clear this up, and in the end they insisted that I pay FIVE CENTS that was past due. FIVE CENTS. If they thought my account was past due, couldn't they send an email or make a phone call? Perhaps send an actual bill?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Highway robbery. They don't do what they say they are going to do and when they screw up they find a way to get even more money out of you to right their wrong. So glad I am moving to where we will have natural gas from now on.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Amerigas has absolutely TERRIBLE customer service. We had recently moved from FL to PA. I called customer service and was told I would not have a bill for the coming year and we didn't owe anything and to contact the buyers of our old home to have them establish service. Two weeks later I received a bill. Multiple calls to customer service told me I owed different amounts and the people couldn't help me. I finally asked for a supervisor. Instead of a supervisor I received a telephone survey instead (in which I gave them terrible scores) and when it was done the call hung up. When I called back I received their "Our offices are closed" recording. I doubt if I'd recommend to my worst enemy to use Amerigas.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Scheduled a delivery for Friday and they told me they needed me to be home to do a leak test, so I scheduled a day off work. Got a phone call from the service tech on Thursday saying he was at my house and just filled my tank and wanted to know if I was home. No, that's why I scheduled for Friday. He said since I wasn't home he couldn't do the leak test or turn my gas back on. That was last night when it was 16 degrees, and propane heats my house and water. I told him I'd leave work and be there in an hour and he said "no I ain't doing that." Called support and they have no concern at all. Tell me they'll schedule a tech to come back and unlock the tank almost 2 weeks later. End up talking to an "advocate" who says she is sending someone out the next day (day they were originally supposed to come).

I stayed home from work so I could get my heat turned on and this time they didn't show up. I called support again and they say there is no service scheduled for me. It is even colder tonight. Have talked to 5 different people now and each keeps passing me to the next saying "oh, I'm so sorry" while offering no solution. Do not use this company. One star is not enough. If my pipes freeze because of this it will turn into a lawsuit. If you want a gas company that will turn your heat off on the coldest night of the year, go ahead and AmeriGas. Otherwise go elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Had a gas week two weeks ago. Been waiting since to have repaired. Begged customer service in 5 phone calls. Each time promises made to escalate a service call. Next available service is three weeks from the first reported leak. They don’t give a damn about a valued customer not having gas to cook. I have spent hours on hold on their customer service line. Customer service reps are nice but not empowered to escalate issues. Their customer service line provides ability to rate the call after the csr hangs up. Last call the “supervisor” left the line on so I could not leave a rating. It’s been an unbelievable experience. Now researching other companies to install a new tank.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

It is very disappointing that they exist as a company. Customer service has no idea what is going on. Every time you call you get a different answer than they put you on hold and disconnect you. AmeriGas doesn't care about you because you have no options and you have to deal with them. This company should me investigated and closed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

DO NOT HAVE THESE PEOPLE DELIVER PROPANE FOR YOU EVER! This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. You can't call the local office with delivery issues. You can't even understand the folks answering at the call center nor have a good phone connection ever. Then they hang up on you! I will NEVER use this company ever again!! RUN FAR AWAY if you are looking for propane delivery services!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I let my gas tank reach 0%, since I'm new to using gas for heat. My wife called Amerigas to get it refilled, and they said they can refill in 10 days. During this 10 days, the high is in the 40s, and the low is as low as 17 and below freezing every day. This is unsafe temperatures for a family with kids, and unsafe for the pipes in the house. For this reason, my wife pleaded with them to expedite the process, and they hung up on her. Then she called back, and they hung up again. Then I called at around 1pm, and they said they could expedite it within 24 hours for $300 and $200 for 72 hours.

I went with the $300, and I got off the call pleased. But then I noticed that I didn't get the text message she said I would get, so I called back at 6pm and they said they had no record of the expedited delivery, so I had them set it up again. This wasn't easy, since the rep had to get her manager to assist. Finally, they were able to set it up, and I got the text message, so I only had to deal with this cold for 1 day. Then the next day came, and they still didn't show up.

I called at 5pm to ask about the status, and she said it was $300 for 24 to 48 hours, but that was never said and that was also not what was in the text or my account of their website, which both said "expedited 1 day". I bought this house with an Amerigas tank, so I'm stuck with them as a provider, but they are literally willing to destroy my house, since they know it's not easy for me to get another supplier. Avoid at all costs. If you are buying a house with an Amerigas installed, then make them remove the tank before you purchase, so you can get a different supplier.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Called and got a propane fill scheduled, got a email and text to confirm. After no show, called 3x & each time we called to see why they didn't come they said we never called!!! How are you still a company?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Before Amerigas was, my company went from Jett Gas to Energy Propane to Amerigas. We've been with them for 40 years. Today that has ended. We are concluding business with Amerigas due to the lack of customer satisfaction and service. They are charging for "at will" calls and have become very expensive. Do your homework, don't call any company until you know what you've got.

AmeriGas Company Information