AmeriGas

• 0%
  • 1%
  • 97%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?
    Customer Service

Reviewed June 10, 2024

Poor service, failed to fill tank when needed, called 12 times and promised they would be out next day, used excuse road too wet, received gas one day and the same day got a text saying would not be able to provide gas due to road too wet. Canceled and got charged for tank removal. Filled out many reports and questions. Never a call back, please do not use Amerigas ever, save yourself major problems.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

If I can give 0 stars I would, it use to be good, I have been with them for over 10 years and I was able to talk to the local office with any issues, now you get people from China, Philippines, India, Vietnam who knows where, but most of them does not speak English!! They all promise that you won't get charged to get you off the phone but at the end everything you talked to them about is non existence, The end of March I called to get my Auto delivery canceled because we only use propane for our gas stove which we are no longer going to be using, well the next week I received a delivery and they filled my tank!!!

This is their error so I should not get charged for any of the hazard fees etc... but they charged me anyways, I got charged over $80 then I got charged $199.99 for them to pick up their own tank, plus $99.99 for dispatch fees, what the hell is that??? So this is for a 30 gallon tank, unbelievable, they said the only way the charge would be taken off is to talk to my local office, really??? They do this on purpose, you can not talk to your local office because they do not have a phone number!!!. Or even exist anymore. What a bunch of Crooks!!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 24, 2024

AmeriGas is the worst. Everything is in India now. NO ONE IN USA you can talk to. We have used them for 10 years and suddenly they cannot locate my house. Find another company that truly supports the USA. They have my money, but I can't get the Gas because the driver took no initiative to call me when he couldn't find house. The house that has been in the same place for 20 years. God forbid customer service exist in this country anymore. We have outsourced everything to India and other countries. I have been trying all day just to get my money back from them so I can purchase from an American Company. Someone with ** workers who answer the phone and know something about customer service

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Customer beware! This company is dishonest. We asked for an estimate to hook up a gas generator to the gas line 4ft from the unit. For the estimate they charged:

1. $100 "travel fee", even though they service our gas.
      2. $110.00 for looking at the site (5 minutes, as the line was close).

3. $220.00 for "Labor". This was for an estimate; no labor was done.

It is sad to see this type of company exist.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 19, 2024

Worst customer service in history. Calling them to ask questions or wondering about a delivery status after day three of the delivery never happening. Will only make things worse for you. They are rogue and can do and say whatever they want. It should be illegal to do business this way.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 18, 2024

We have been a customer starting when it was V-1 Propane. When Amerigas bought them out, the service slowly got worse. Over the years customer service office was removed from local area. We were on a budget pay program for several years. This last winter, the budget price went from $200 a month to over $500 a month. I called and asked how they could increase the price without notice. Was give no real reason by the overseas customer service rep. Was transferred several times. Was finally transferred to Samantha, who I could actually understand. I asked about the price increase. Was told it was price increase on the gas. She sent a message to her supervisor asking about help with the price.

She called me back a week later saying they would give me a .75 cent credit on the last delivery. I asked about removing the tank and reimbursement of the gas in the tank. She said that they would reimburse at the winter price of $4.99 per gallon. I asked about buying the tank so I could price shop. Still waiting on call back on that. I was shocked when I went to another local propane dealer and found it was managed by a former amerigas delivery driver. He told me he couldn't work for them anymore. Delivering overpriced gas didn't sit well with him. Also not having a local office was impossible for good customer service. I then found out that their winter price was $2.45 per gallon vs $4.99 from amerigas. I'm having the tank removed and replaced with the local company. I'm sure it will be an expensive switch, even though the new company is pulling their tank and bringing it out for and easy pick up by amerigas.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed May 15, 2024

Amerigas is a disgraceful company. I have been a customer for over 23 years. They are charging me $237 a year for tank rental. The tank is over 23 years old. Rusted and leaking. All customer service goes through India (I presume). I haven’t spoken to a helpful local person in over 3 years. I terminated my contract. Found a much better supplier. Now IndiaGas (amerigas) wants $190 to remove their ancient rusted leaking propane tank from my property!! J

Price

Reviewed May 15, 2024

Got a quote from several propane companies, Amerigas had the best price. Went to order, and they said I had to have a leak test done, because it was 2 years since I got propane from them. I still have propane in the tank, and they want to charge me $140 for leak test? They said it was a law, and they had to do it. I looked it up online, and they are required to do it, only if the gas ran out. I used to buy my propane from them all the time, but no way now. Buyer beware.

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Same as the other reviews. Fees for everything, then trying to add fees that don't apply hoping you won't dispute them. Surprisingly, the CS person agreed without argument. $199.99 pick up fee, then tried to add another $99.99 service dispatch fee. Awaiting the dispute response....

Verified purchase

Reviewed May 14, 2024

I called the emergency number because I found a leak on my property. I wanted the tank locked out and to cancel service. After waiting 3 hrs without calling me or knocking at my door I found Amerigas out filling my tank. I went out and asked the guy if he was here for the leak and he said, "No. I just filled your tank!" I told him we have a leak I called and reported. He tested and found a leak underground as I had already told him. I was aware he locked the tank out. 2 months later same guy shows up again without calling only to tell my wife he can't take the tank because it's full. Well no kidding. He filled it and locked it. Now 2 weeks after all this my tank is still sitting here full and they are trying to charge me $1000.00 for gas I did not want.

AmeriGas Company Information