1.15/5
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a utility company?

AmeriGas

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 6, 2018

235 AmeriGas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I changed to a new propane company after 14 years. My office is not on SPUG. They just switched this month. I was paying more than any other propane company. Now after 40 days the empty 500 gallon tank is still sitting in my driveway. The staff, at the Royal Oaks office has been very rude, in trying to get a date to pick up their tank.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I've used Amerigas for two years now. I'm always hearing I should try this company or that, but I will never switch. The service we receive is unmatched! One time the driver went out of his way to make sure we got our heat before Christmas. Once we had a leak, they were here in an hour. Another time the delivery driver stayed almost an hour to make sure he got my hot water heater lit for me and my kids. Many times I've had to call to ask if something is possible, and even though according to policy, it wasn't, they still accommodated me! From help with billing to deliveries, Cassie remembers me every time I call. Once she even called me back after going above and beyond by asking her manager if she can help me with a delivery we needed ASAP. I will never change companies & am lucky I chose them!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

This is my third winter living in an insulated apartment that is less than 900 sq ft. I just received a bill for a propane delivery that was almost $700 @ $4.27/gaI. I only use it for heat. I keep my thermostat at 60 degrees for a good 75% of the time. Prior to the most recent bill, I got a bill November or December and they charged me $4.59 a gallon. Fortunately it was a relatively small refill. At this time last year, I paid $2.69/gal in January and $1.96 in February. I hadn't locked in the last two winters because the bill was manageable. I am furious.

I called the manager who finally offered me a $25 voucher. Are you kidding me? I explained that I live alone in a small place and could not possibly pay the bill. "We can put you on a payment program," he said. I'm a nurse and like everyone else, I work hard for my money. I get it... Businesses have the right to make money... But to GOUGE the consumer, is totally unethical and immoral. They simply do not care. They will pick up the tanks for $59.99 and charge a .35 "restocking fee." And they know no one is going to do that in the dead of winter. This needs to stop.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Have had Amerigas for 20 yrs. No issues. This year we ordered propane tank refill 3 weeks ago-no show and reason per representative at Amerigas it was “rejected,” but did not know why-no documentation. We rescheduled for the following week. No show again. Called rep and rescheduled. Driver calls and discuss time frame. I was home for time discussed. Driver came 2 hrs later and did not “light the pilot, which is what my presence was needed for.” Left note in door and left-I was home waiting for him to come in the house, Amerigas rep stated all issues were not their fault. Disappointed by customer service.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

First of all, I've never had to use this propane crap before because I've always lived in a house with central air. Since moving to this small town where everything is PRIMITIVE, the worst part of it all is getting gas from AmeriGas! I spent almost $400 on 100 gallons of gas 2 weeks ago and never imagined it would run out already! I ordered 200 gallons on Monday and today (Wednesday) I called to see if the truck is coming to our area today and they said it wasn't coming til next week!.So we have NO HEAT all this time when it's in the 20's out!

The problem with this propane business, besides the fact that they're a rip off is that, they got you by the balls because you're at their mercy. There is no sense of urgency, especially to the people who have no heat!!! There is ONE person named Nancy in the Emporia, Va. office that went above and beyond for me before but she is not assigned to my region. I wish there could be a Nancy at every office because for the most part, these "customer service" ladies could care less that you and your kids are sitting in a house with no heat for over a week in 20 degree weather!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I was a single mother struggling to pay my bills for years, taking money out of retirement and almost had to move because the propane was so expensive. I did not know propane is not regulated like other utilities and they could charge whatever they wanted to. Come to find out I was paying over $4.50 a gallon when the going rate was less than $2.00 per gallon with competitors. I called Amerigas to tell them their tank was dug up and they could come get it. They said they had 10 days to pick it up. Thirty one days later and now the excuse is they need to pump some gas out because it is at 10%. They do not care if they lose customers because they are making so much off the ones they have. I would never recommend this company! I believe they are taking advantage of the elderly and poor that think they have to pay whatever price Amerigas bills them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Bought a poor condition AmeriGas five gallon LP tank from the machine in front of Sam's Club on Dale Mabry north Tampa. I had never used an exchange program and now I know why, at least from AmeriGas. I was not about to trade in my new premium grade tank so I bought their tank with gas included. You cannot see the tank you get, otherwise I would have passed. The tank was greasy and filthy, which is only a nuisance and probably typical of their outfit. The tank however had prominent rust around the weld area where the valve entered the tank. I would consider this a safety problem. The fill port was fouled and filthy. Fortunately I noticed it and cleaned it. So while I was at it, I washed the tank, which caused me to look at the bottom where there was heavy rust on the tank bottom inside the circular stand.

Forty years ago, I owned a business with a major propane tank to supply our own equipment, but also sometimes sold to the public. I would have refused to refill this tank due to the safety/rust issue. As an additional thought, the type of scum who brought in tanks that looked like this were obvious lowlifes who might well have been featured on an episode of "Cops." I can only speculate what AmeriGas ownership and management would look like in person. The machine refused to give a credit card receipt.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I purchased a spec house where the builder had installed an Amerigas 500 gallon in ground propane tank. To get it filled I had to agree to the Terms and Conditions of the contract the builder had signed. The builder agreed to those terms so he would not have to pay any money for the tank, leaving me on the hook to "rent" the tank from Amerigas. The first year I went in and signed the paperwork and everything went relatively smooth, they filled it regularly and the billing was accurate.

As soon as the one year renewal came around I noticed my rate had gone up 100% year to year. I called and asked what was going on and basically they said since I had not called and "locked in" for the year I was getting market pricing. It's very easy to look up the wholesale and delivered propane average cost on the government's website. They were charging me double what they should. After arguing I got it lowered to about 25% more than I should have been paying but let it go. I use 1000-1500 gallons per year so pricing is very important.

Each year the same thing would happen, they would double my bill, I would threaten to leave and pull the tank out of the ground, etc. etc. etc. It became a huge aggravation and they kept giving me worse and worse pricing. I would call around and tell people I owned my tank and would get quoted a price 60% below what Amerigas wanted. Finally I had enough and decided I was done after 11 years. I called Amerigas and offered to buy the tank from them (a 14 year old tank by this point as the house was empty for 3 years). They would not sell it to me which is just dumb as they would have to refurbish it to reuse it.

For reference the wholesale gas price I would find to be about $1 per gallon most of the time for the US average in my area. The delivered average price was $1.90 to $2.50 per gallon. Every year they would try and jack me up to $4.50 or even $5.00 per gallon. I would buy 300-400 gallons at a time so they were trying to profit roughly $900 of one fill up on me. I get they need to recoup tank rental fees but charge me 10 cent extra per gallon, not $2.75

When Amerigas would not sell the tank to me and I had enough I called another local company. For $150 they agreed to dig up the Amerigas tank and install one of their own. In their contract it says if I am ever unhappy I can buy the tank for $1500. That was the best decision I have ever made. For 2 years now my cost per gallon has been around $1.90 and I don't have to play the complain/threaten to quit game every year to get a price that even after adjust was still way too high. There are 60 houses in my neighborhood and all were originally on Amerigas. At least 20 of us have dug them up and replaced them and that is absolutely been the best decision I could have made. I would not in no way, shape or form EVER recommend someone signing up for a in ground Amerigas tank, it is against the law for someone else to refill their tank so they hold all the cards and leverage. They will take advantage of that leverage and continue to raise the pricing.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

AmeriGas in Spartanburg, SC never knew or ever exhibited the truth. These are a fine-tuned group of scam artists designed to hook you with the notion of low pricing only to find other charges to ramp the price back up. I had to call them every year and threaten to leave in order to get "contract" pricing. This year I had enough. I disconnected their tank in Aug 2017, and told them to come get it. At the time, it had 40% in the tank. Then, in the first part of Dec 2017, they sent me a bill for a full tank fill-up at gouging pricing. The problem was the tank was disconnected, and it is against the law in the state of SC to fill a disconnected tank. They billed me $420 and expected me to pay it. When I went outside to check, the tank was still 40% filled.

I reported this to a regional office, and they told me the manager of the Spartanburg office would be giving me a call. Did I hear something... Absolutely not. Came home from work and the sneaks had come and got their tank. Then, I received a settlement a week later and they screwed me out of my 40%. Claimed they had what is called a "pump out restocking charge of $149" so there went my refund. I am obtaining a lawyer and have contacted the local TV station to air my story. They thought it was awful as well, and I have pictures and the bills to prove they are snakes in the grass. Take my advice, leave these cheats alone. It is better to pay a little more than to be sucked in by this group of bandits.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I was a customer for over 17 years and had a great delivery person, Ted, for years. He would call the day before coming and I would clear out the bush that grows over our propane tank, this worked great for many years. Got a new driver and she did nothing but complain, had to back her truck up a long ways, refused to call me and let me know the day before she was coming to deliver gas, had to pull the gas hose a long ways. So the bush was overgrow on the tank and she started red tagging me. So, cleaned out the bush and she walks up and Red tags my tank. Says I need a new one and said they would call me sometime and put a new tank in, right at Christmas time. Did not care that I had people coming in and might then be without Gas for the holidays.

Called Pacific Coast Propane, they were extremely helpful, came right over, going to install a new bigger cheaper tank with Wi Fi, transferring the gas from the old tank to the new tank and used a crane to install it very nicely. None of which AmeriGas even offered to do for me. Easy call, switched to PCP. When I called to cancel AmeriGas service the person on the other end could care less why I am switching. I have been doing customer support for 25 years and I know bad support when I see it and this is really bad.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I am a customer and I stopped at their office to check on the price as I was getting low. I did not like the fact that the receptionist would not tell me a price until after she looked at my account. After I was told a price I told her that I would think about it and left. 2 days later as I returned home from work I noticed that a truck with dual wheels had backed up my driveway. We had a fresh snow that day so these were the only tracks in my driveway. I assumed that it was UPS or FedEx but as I followed the driver's footsteps in the snow, I see that they walked back to the propane tank.

Apparently the receptionist told one of the drivers to stop and check on my tank. The problem with that is the driver walked up to my garage window and apparently snooped at what was in my garage. Then he proceeded to the tank walked over to the corner of my garage which is 20 feet away from the tank. Actually cleared snow off the data plate on the tank then walked all the way around my house to the regulator instead of walking straight to it from the tank which it's located on the corner of my house closest to the tank. Needless to say I have a new propane company now (less than a week later). So AmeriGas will never set foot on my property again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I am a renter on a shared property. The property came with an AmeriGas tank, I have been paying rental fees and buying my propane upfront. I recently called and told AmeriGas I would be moving soon but the tank was low. I was told I had to purchase the minimum amount, which cost me over $300. There is still 75% propane left in the tank and Amerigas is refusing to refund me for the propane still in the tank.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I rented a home in Winter Park, Florida which had an Amerigas propane tank on the property. If I had known what a stressed out person I would become just from this company, I would NOT have rented this house. First I had to open a new account with them, even though I was the tenant, so an extra $400.00 on top of my moving expenses and rent/security deposit. Then I get a bill for the yearly tank rental, which I forwarded to my landlord, who didn't like having to pay for this, and never told me. As I was preparing to move out, I thought I noticed a possible gas leak, so I called, and they sent someone out right away, the tech guy said my tank is "unserviceable", first of all because my landlord didn't keep the area around the tank clean of any plants or debris. Then he said the tank was unloved due to the settling of the back of the house.

So, after he left, I felt grateful that I was at least safe, so then I get a bill for that service for $60.00, which after complaining, I went ahead and paid it. Then I called to close my account and set up a day and time for them to come out and read my tank (I had 36 gallons left, wanted my money back), they said changes were made in the company, and they don't issue refunds on unused gas. WHAT??? I had to call almost one dozen times to remind them to turn the tank off, and to make sure my account was closed. Well, I had already moved when someone came out and shut the tank off. Then I get another bill, they still have my email address and cell phone number, saying I owed $60.00 for them to turn it off. I finally called and said, "No way. You guys are criminal in the way you treat your customers, I'm not paying another dime to you." They keep calling me. What a HORRIBLE company!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Got two big tanks installed and converted house heat from electric to propane, AmeriGas gas was suppose to fill both tanks and only filled one tank so we ran out of propane with temps in the teens and was unable to heat house, called AmeriGas a week earlier to fill tanks. They said they would be filled and a week later still no propane! Called again and the rude woman/girl said they will fill tanks when they can get to the area! WTH... Have no propane and no heat with temps in low teens and they say they will get there when a truck is the area!! Would not recommend using Greensburg AmeriGas, have Somerset AmeriGas for camp and they seem to be spot on!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

AmeriGas bought the propane company which we had been doing business with for nearly 15 years. We did not have a contract with the original company and still had the original tank. After the takeover we had so many "extra" charges showing up on our bill. We decided to go with a locally owned propane business. (The local owner said they were gaining many dissatisfied AmeriGas customers.) When we received a bill for over $200 for 1 year tank rent (which we had never had been charged before), that was it. We called to have the rent charge removed, discontinue service and to have the tank picked up. We told them at that time we refused to pay any pickup charge. The next bill did have the rent removed but a $60 "Service Fee" added, which we translated to mean pick up charge. We called again and told them we did not have a contract with AmeriGas and would not pay the $60. This month they added a $36 late fee to the charge.

We tried to find an address for a corporate office to send a letter of complaint and EVERY office listed in Idaho comes up "permanently closed". We could find NO address other than fill locations, even through Thomas Register. Additionally, it took EIGHT months for them to pick up the tank. We told them we were considering charging them rent for the time we stored their tank for them. So far there has been no resolution to this bogus charge - whoever heard of charging to come pick up one's own property? Absurd. If we could give them a negative 5 stars, we would.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I got a quote some time back. I finally called to set up a site survey to move ahead with propane gas service. I was told I had to wait 3 weeks for this appointment. On the day, they called to cancel with no explanation and said I now had to wait another three weeks to reschedule even though the cancellation was not my fault. The customer service provider was rude and full of attitude. I will be going with another company.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

After my contract ran out. I decided to change companies. Be aware. They charge a large fee for picking up their own tank. Even though most people cannot move the tank themselves. What choice is given but for the company to pick their own tank up. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I live in a community where we sign contracts for a certain price. 4 or 5 years ago they said they never received mine so they charged me something like 4$ a gallon for the winter. They led me on saying they would correct it, and when that never did, they said I would get a credit, they lied right up to springtime. And told me I would not receive anything. I should have dumped them then. Now they are adding bogus charges to our bills. I have some kind of 119$ service fee. They said it was a mistake and would correct it for me and other neighbors. Been a week. Still nothing. I'm going to look for another company. Stonington Ct has been getting bogus charges. Many areas of Connecticut.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Yes, I did make the mistake of signing up for the auto check option which states that AmeriGas can come up, check the level of our propane tank and if deemed to be low, they can refill it. There are stipulations that AmeriGas must honor, to honor the contract. They must call and contact me first before they come up. Well they did call and left a message (shortly before the installer arrived, thus not providing me with a chance to call and reschedule). They apologized for the "short" notice, but they also said that I could call in to reschedule for another time. Well, I was out when they called and the "Ninja" driver quickly hooked up and filled my tank and left me with a 600 + dollar bill.

The kicker here is that we still had half the capacity (30%) of the last refill (60%) which AmeriGas left us with back in March. I would've told them to refill it back up to 60%. Instead, they filled it to 80%. Now I question AmeriGas timing for a refill. Since the cost of propane changes on a weekly basis, what prevents them from choosing a time which best fills their coffers with my coin?? The office personnel are extremely confrontational and abusive. As you can see from the included attachment, their first reminder to pay is also a "past due" notice. Avoid these people at all costs!! Their mistake was trying to get me caught up in their scandalous business practices.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I'm writing this because AmeriGas totally ** up on our move-out Sept. 1 and cancellation of our service. I may as well have called up and talked to a brick wall. They ended up charging us for a tank refill for the new occupants of our old house! And, their business phone gives that three-tone "number not in service message" now when you try to call them. This is NOT how anyone in their right minds does business, folks.

This is the Yelp review I just posted for them: "I'm sorry, Elisha, you're nice enough on the phone, but I talked to you in late August. I told you we were moving out by Sept. 1 and to have the service discontinued by then. I told you we had Suburban Propane at the new house, and that we could not carry-over the account. You acted like you were making a note of it. You didn't. Fast forward now to 6-7 weeks later, and lo and behold -- you charge us $175 for a tank fill for the new occupants of our old house! Wow! We talked to you yesterday about this, and today the bill arrives, like (black) magic. And you told us (for some reason) it would take 2 weeks to rectify this. This is completely unacceptable and your mistake, Elisha/Yreka Amerigas.

I expect you to expedite cleaning up this error, and I want proof that you have zeroed-out our former account immediately. Also, get your phones fixed. I tried calling the local 842-2748 # a few times today to a "number not in service" message. Really? Is this how you expect to do good business? Just put a cute-sounding girl on the phones, and voila! No problems! Wrong-O!"

Oh, and add that to your inflationary costs that you only come down on when your customers call in and say, WTF? $479??? This is called "unethical business practices". But, I guess you feel you're entitled, seeing as how you're providing a service many cannot opt-out of. Shame on you. Get your act together and join the ** human race, will you? 1-star.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I contacted the company when I changed providers. They said there was a $56 removal fee. How weeks later I asked when the tank would be removed they responded it would take 6 months. This is totally unreasonable. Am I responsible for their equipment for the next 6 months? Doesn't seem right.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

This is by far the most incompetent company ever! I've had the displeasure of having them for roughly 2 years. At first I thought the small mistakes that kept happening were nothing and easily fixed, but looking back I realize it was just showing me how completely incompetent they are. 1st delivery - I was told that I don't qualify as a charge account, (no problem I wouldn't expect to), I was told when the driver arrived to give him my check. Come delivery day and I go to hand the driver my check and I'm told I'm a charge account and that I have to mail it. Again no biggie I can easily do that. A few days later I receive a call saying I didn't pay, and unless I do so right now they're shutting off my gas. I figured it was a simple misunderstanding and paid over the phone.

2nd delivery- Everything goes fine, payment is made beforehand and driver leaves without incident. A few days later I receive a message that I overpaid and am sent a check for $40. Sweet! I love getting money back I didn't expect. 3rd delivery - I call to make arrangements for delivery but am told I owe $29! I ask how that's possible when I was just mailed a check for $40? They said they weren't sure and would call me back. A few hours later they call back and say they'll "waive the fee". Again I figured it was a simple mistake and seeing as they resolved it not a problem.

4th delivery- I call to schedule and after giving them my full name and address I'm asked if I meant "John ** at 123 Main St"? "No. I mean the name and address I gave you which isn't even close to the one you just asked about." I was then told "Oh well that's why it showed you owed the $29 last time, he owed it so it showed on your account"??? Ok now I'm starting to get irritated but brush it off. So delivery comes and when I check it I see they delivered 20 extra gallons? I don't expect this to be free but again clearly an oversight on their part. I didn't have the money at the time to pay (seeing as I budgeted and paid for what I ordered) and would pay it the next time I ordered.

Now I've moved. The tank still has 70 gallons it, 20 of which I understand I didn't pay for so I do not expect a refund. However 50 I did pay for and expect a full refund for, except I'm told since I owe them for the 20 gallons it washes with the 50??? I will be filing a complaint with the BBB but don't want anyone else to experience what I've had to deal with.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We have been in our new home for about 2 weeks. We contacted Amerigas and then advised that they were going to do a soft credit check. When the credit check came back, (mind you my husband and I have FICO scores well over 820), they stated that we didn't have enough credit in the area. Well duh, we just moved in 2 weeks ago. They then told us that every month we would have to pay them upfront for propane service.

This is after going back and forth with them for about 10 days. We pay with cash 99% of the time and if we use credit cards, etc. we pay them off when the bill is here (we are fortunate enough to do this) but apparently that doesn't count. We went with another company and will NEVER DO BUSINESS with Amerigas EVER! Their credit check portion of their company apparently does not know what they are doing. With a FICO score over 820, we should be able to get whatever we want as far as financing so this company is just being DUMBER THAN A BOX OF ROCKS!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We rented a tank from this company for a rental property we own, and have been using it for years, with numerous refills. We recently became aware that their rates for propane are WAY higher than other companies in the area, so we switched out the tank to go with a much more competitive rate. They now want $146 to remove their tank, stating we have not met their initial period (which is three years). We have had the tank for at least EIGHT years. This company is a total rip-off!

Original review: July 31, 2017

The WORST company... It seems PRICE GOUGING is a normal way of doing business for these CROOKS. We had their "service" in Chester, Calif. a couple of years ago when they upped the price from 2.50 gal to 5.61!!! So I called in to complain and they immediately dropped the price to like 3.50 or so. I told them they were history and got another HONEST company. No more problems.

Today I went to my local gas station here in Felton, Calif and was informed of a price increase in propane. I jokingly asked the owner if they were supplied by AMERIcrap and lo and behold... The price Amerigas was charging them was over 6.50 per gallon. I then went down the street and got it for 3.25 at a Valero. My advice to anyone who has Amerigas is to RUN to another company, NOW... The game they are playing is to my mind one that is relying on people not wanting to go through all the hassle of changing tanks and service. A smart tack, yes, if we let them get away with it.

Original review: July 19, 2017

They are charging $5.459 a gallon: around the country it is much less than that. The answer from the office is that it is priced at the head office and as we use less than 100 gallons in a year, it is more. They had charged like this last year and when I complained they reduced it. This is not the way to do business. As there are less competition in this area, looks like they can price whatever they want. They also charge a $95 per year to lease the tank. And a will call fee of $6.99. Frustrating to deal with these concerns.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I have been with AmeriGas for three years. The first year my propane was $1.29 a gallon about the average rate back then. Last year it skyrocketed to $2.10 a gallon and I paid that for the first six months before my mother in law had mentioned that she called and they lowered hers, when I called they lowered it to $1.69 a gallon that was the best they could do she said. I checked around and the average was $1.19 a gallon. Yesterday I received a letter from them explaining the terms for this year. A $99 administrative fee and the price was $2.29 a gallon. I once again called the local competitors and $1.29 is the rate everyone else is at.

I called Amerigas and asked why they were price gouging a dollar more than everyone else. The response I got was the best they could do is $1.90 a gallon. She told me they are a corporation with a much larger service area and more trucks, deliveries, and safety measures that is the reason they charge so much. I then asked how much they would give me for the 75% in the tank if I wanted to switch companies. They told me they don't give back credit for pumped out propane and would charge me $190.00 to pump it out if it had more than 5% in it and a $60 pick up fee to get the tank. I then requested my $745.00 credit to be refunded and to cancel Our Contract and since only my Furnace is Propane I will be sure to call them in January or February during a snow storm when I finally get to 5% to come get their tank.

Original review: June 19, 2017

We are being charged $4.439 per gallon of propane on our latest invoice for 06/10/2017 - the national average at this time was $2.20 - and the AmeriGas website shows their pricing at $1.54 with a special for new customers - $.50 off per gallon. This just seems ridiculous and very dishonest of AmeriGas not to be charging the same rate to all their loyal customers.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Over the past few years, the price has gone up and up. That was expected during the time when gas prices were at their highest. A couple of years ago after replacing windows and other weatherization upgrades, my usage went below a 1200 Gallon usage minimum to get on the price guarantee program. This past Feb they filled my tank which had 40% left in it. I am out of work and ran out to stop the person but he had already added 35% into the thank for a total of 75% in the tank. When I received the bill the price was $4.17 per gallon. I called to find out why and they said that is what they are charging. I then called 4 other companies all with approx $1.50 starting and an everyday price of $2.20 per gallon. I finally got a great deal elsewhere.

I had the tank delivered within 3 days but it was placed next to the driveway due to wet weather. I today had the tank moved finally because of the weather. I called Amerigas to have them come get the tank and they said, "We no longer credit people for gas removed from the tank." I have not paid the bill for the gas they put in and I WILL NOT! However, I am going to attempt to take them to small claims or other means to get money I paid for the 40% in my tank. I would let everyone know that with the 222 gal they put in the bill was over $1000. So don't trust this company. Look around and be informed. Good luck to you all.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I am letting everyone know that Amerigas claims they delivered gas to my property which is gated and guard dog on site in Nov 2016-when everyone in family was out of the country. They have no proof other than a computer created receipt. No receipt was left because they were unable to access our property. I foolishly paid the bill, over the phone, without verifying the charges. Now that I have overpaid, they are now trying to get more out of me for tank rental and charging $36 late fees each month. I owe the tank rental but have overpaid them already for services not delivered. The office is unable to provide proof of delivery, which they can't since the property was locked. Be very aware of their billing charges. Their tank is being removed. I highly recommend you get your own tanks and pay much less. Amerigas is not trustworthy and they overbill you for services.

AmeriGas Company Information

www.amerigas.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use