3.6/5 (696 ratings)

About AmeriGas

AmeriGas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?

Original review: June 27, 2022

Horrible customer service. My family had been a customer for more than 20 years and when we bought the property from the family we stayed with Amerigas, close to 20 years ago. I am so disgusted and disappointed with the service we received when we had a recent emergency need. We ran out of gas and called for an emergency delivery. We agreed to pay an extra $200 for delivery within 24 hours. We called back 24 hrs later asking where they were and were told we did not get delivery due to not paying the $200 upfront (which they did not ask for). We were then told it was really $300 for a 24 hr delivery and $200 for 24-48 hrs. On hold multiple times for almost an hour.

End result we cancelled our account and told them to take their tank. So clueless about customer service that they asked why we were cancelling. Not the way you treat a long time customer when there have an emergency need. They also had the nerve to say we wouldn't be having this issue if we ordered when the tank was at 25%! No kidding, we obviously realize that and based on that were willing to pay the emergency delivery fee. Must be nice for that customer service associate to be perfect and never make a mistake. Don't buy from Amerigas! Go with a company with real CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I was a new customer… These people charged me $750 for something called “forecasting!!” something I was never quoted and/or made aware of!! This was one week after I paid $600 to fill my partially filled tank!!! $1350 within a week!! So I disputed the $750 with my bank and now they are tacking on late fees and sending collection notices!!! They better not put that bogus bill on my credit report!! I hope these bastards go bankrupt!!!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2022

What a NIGHTMARE we've had with this company! We had our 1st order EVER and was TRIPLE BILLED WITH INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR RESOLUTIONS. I WILL BE THEIR WORST NIGHTMARE if they don't respond with an accurate bill. My advice..RUN THE OTHER WAY!

Original review: June 4, 2022

For the 3rd time since buying out NM Propane, AmeriGas has failed to deliver our propane as promised. After waiting 10 days and many phone calls each person I spoke with promised we would have our delivery the next day, we are still waiting. Because we are down to 3% we can’t use any hot water, we can’t shower or do dishes. This happened last Christmas and we had company staying with us, ordered propane and it took over 2 weeks to be delivered. We are going to switch propane companies after this delivery. I would never recommend Amerigas to anyone ever.

Original review: June 3, 2022

We have had Amerigas for years. The account was in my husband's name but I wrote the checks and paid the bill with my money from our joint checking account. My husband died last September. I needed the tank refilled shortly after his death. The man I spoke with was barely understandable as he had an accent. He also was very rude. He said I needed to send a death certificate, a letter from the courts authorizing me to use the account. Funny I didn’t need any of those things to pay the bill or the tank rent in December. Our state offices had been hacked and I was unable to get a death certificate for months. I was finally able to persuade a girl to send out a delivery which I paid for.

Now it is June and I am out of propane and so I have no hot water. I have called repeatedly for weeks trying to schedule a delivery. I made an account and was told they would call with the delivery info. I explained that I need to know in advance because I have locked gates, dogs and 2 special needs kids who usually each have 1-2 doctor appointments every week that must be scheduled around. She did not call back. Two days later I called. 9 minutes later I’m told my ‘emergency’ delivery will be here in 11 days. She said I will also need to pay tank rent which I paid in December, an inspection fee and she rattled off some other fee but I could not understand her.

Apparently they consider me a new customer. After sending them my money for years I don’t. I miss our old local office. I would not have had any of these problems with them. The ‘new improved’ national customer service call center sucks. If they weren’t the only game in town I’d drop them. Avoid Amerigas like the plague.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Poor customer service. Came out because of a possible gas leak. Stuck his head in the tank area where you fill the tank and immediately insisted that he smelled no gas. Stood there for a while looking for flies since they apparently can detect a gas leak. After I insisted that several people had smelled gas he sprayed the fittings. I saw bubbles coming from the regulator and so did he. He replaced the regulator and used two separate set of gauges at which time he stated that the leak may be in the line between the tank and the other regulator at the gas pack.

He stepped off the distance, went to his truck for a few minutes and returned and told me that the copper line replacement was my responsibility and that it would cost $959.98. The next day I received an invoice for $289.00 for this professional leak detection using his nose and looking for flies. Been a customer for over 25 years and it seems that I am just an account number. I found another supplier and I will no longer do business with this company. I wanted to let others know how they treat their long term customers.

Original review: May 24, 2022

There should be an option to give negative stars. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with for anything. The customer service is so terrible it's actually shocking. You have to call back over and over until you get through to someone that actually cares and is capable of actually helping resolve an issue. I once spent an entire day calling over and over until someone was actually capable of giving me an answer. So many issues, but very long story short...I first called Dec 15th 2021 for service. I pre-paid for a 100 gallon fill and was told that first they would have to inspect my tank, and a tech would be there 24-48 hours. After a week of no technician and no contact from Amerigas, I started calling to find out what was going on. I was then told it would be a month before a tech could come out and they could not fill until the inspection was completed. As we were coming into below freezing temperatures, this was unacceptable.

After over a week of calling every day, I finally talking to someone that was actually capable of making something happen, she was able to send a delivery driver out to inspect the tank and deliver the 100 gallons. Finally on 12/31 the delivery driver came, but he filled the tank without an inspection. Apparently there was a leak, but the because they filled with no inspection the 100 gallons was gone in less than a week. I called multiple times with no resolution and no heat during the dead of winter. Almost a month later with no resolution, I had to break down and have them just come do another fill without inspection because we had no heat in freezing temps.

On Jan 20th I paid an extra $200 for an emergency next day fill of 200 gallons that was also pre-paid. Of course the delivery was not made until 4 days later, on the 25th. After multiple calls once again, they finally refunded the emergency fee. Of course it only lasted about 2 weeks because of the leak that they still have not come to inspect. That was the last fill I ordered. Now, I received a bill from a 100 gallon fill on April 20th that I never ordered and was never delivered to my house. I called to dispute and a case was opened, so we'll see how this goes.

Recap; go with someone else. Amerigas is a horrible company.

Original review: May 20, 2022

If I could rate as a zero I would. We were customers for over 20 years-paying a yearly tank rental. The last 5 years of rental, the gauge on the tank had been broken-which resulted in running out of propane at random times. We notified them countless times & requested it to be fixed-they refused. We ran out of propane AGAIN on Dec 12, 2021 when it was cold & rainy and everyone was ill-they wanted to charge me emergency delivery fees and after hour fees to deliver.

Called a new company-who was WAY cheaper and brought new tank and propane out immediately. Had to call Amerigas 3 times to pick up their tank and now I'm receiving bills and late fees for the pick up fee after I was assured that these fees would be waved due to the broken tank (that I was paying for) and the situation. Called again about the bills that I'm STILL getting and was told that it was a valid charge. When I asked to speak to a manager, the woman Annahi told me she was the only one I could speak to. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Highly recommend Arizona Propane!

Original review: May 18, 2022

My invoice for propane from Amerigas dated 3-31-22 was more than twice the amount billed 2-28-22 with no reasonable explanation for increase. I have made contact with "Customer Service" more than 5 times requesting that someone from billing to call me but have had no response. I now have been billed $150 dollars twice - April & May for sending someone to "check the meter"! I am past due now at almost $700. Do I have any recourse?

Original review: May 17, 2022

I have been with Amerigas for years. When I was able to deal with the local people, I was more than satisfied. In December 2021 I made my yearly fill up. In February I received a bill for another fill up. After spending many hours with customer support in INDIA, I was told that I had made the decision to go on automatic delivery, which of course I hadn't. I said, "Explain that to me." They said, "We automatically deliver when your tank is below 20%." I said I filled up in December. My tank 1000 gallon tank was at 75%. Click, they hung up on me. Several more hours of waiting and talking and asking for a manager in the United States, I finally got someone that understood the issue and supposedly took care of it. I got an apology and they said, "We'll come pump out what we delivered and credit your bill."

I started getting texts of the appointment and a second reminder and then I got an appointment completed text. Great, I thought it was over. Nearly a month later, I'm still getting the same bill, now, with late payments added. So, here we go again, make a call deal with a customer service with no power to do anything other than give me a complaint number. So I asked to speak to a manager, and I got, "Oh, they didn't do the pump out, why then did I get a text that they did." I said, "This is an internal issue with Amerigas, why am I still getting a bill? This is all your issue from beginning to end. Credit the account." "We can't do that until the gas is pumped out." I will never do business with them again and would strongly recommend, you don't either.

AmeriGas Company Information