2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

AmeriGas Reviews

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Paid on Friday for $250 gallons. Mid-day Tuesday, they can't even confirm that we are on their schedule. In this day and age. Totally out of heat/hot water and they have our $$. Do not use. Feel like we are totally captive.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Bought a new house that HAS Amerigas service. Called Monday to arrange for delivery. Was told the local office would call me. 5 days later local office hasn't called so I call them. "We need to leak check the tank (even though it is their tank and is currently in use) and then you can order gas." "When is leak check?" "Earliest we can do is 7 days from now." Tank is now at 5%. Tomorrow I will not have heat (gets below zero at night), no hot water, no cooking. In 7 days I will THEN be able to order gas and who knows when it will be delivered. So I get to sit in an unheated house, cannot shower or cook, all because Amerigas doesn't feel like acting quickly. As soon as I can find a replacement Amerigas will be in my rear window. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I rented an above ground propane tank. I was told it had a guarantee it would not run out provided I notified the company of any usage changes. I notified them 1 week prior to the arrival of out of town guests that we would start heating the pool January 23-February 2. When the tank was just over 10% full I followed up with the company. I was told they aren’t responsible to monitor gas usage for pools. What??? Because I rent the tank, no other supplier would fill it. I am left with no recourse for although I complied with all of AmeriGas’s conditions. My search for an alternate provider did reveal I am paying way too much per gallon to AmeriGas. I’ve asked for a copy of my contract to determine my options. I won’t use this company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

AmeriGas placed a tank in my yard 24 years ago in which I have paid them over $110,000 in gas charges to heat my home. I would consistently call about the exorbitantly high fuel prices that were 20% higher that Suburban and others only to be directed to the fact that no one else can fill their tank on my property. Another service provider beat their price by over 30% and AmeriGas charged me a new rental fee and then trespassed to put a lock on the tank. They are the rudest people I have ever spoken to regarding my situation.

Is there a class action lawsuit against AmeriGas? I am retaining legal counsel for usury & a monopoly & trespassing and any other thing I can find out against this ruthless company. If 10 consumers whom used their service on average paid over $100k in fees for over a 20 year Erivo didn’t and have basically a useless tanks (if returned it would be outdated and recycled), why wouldn’t the service provider not offer a sales accommodation or reduced fees to the previous loyal consumer that paid exorbitant rates as a result of the tank premium but instead they trespassing and shutting off the heat to a former consumers home that has never been late??? How many AmeriGas customers are being overcharged for decades??

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

30 DEC. 2019. This is the worst company to do business with, lies lies lies every time you call for service. My tank leaks from the main valve. It is Christmas. It's snowing outside, I was promised service with a few days, 70 years old in a freezing weather with no heat. It is a almost new year now Monday 30 Dec, I call them this morning. The same story, "Sorry sorry sorry for the inconvenience, we will send someone tomorrow 31 Dec 2019, 8-5 however since it is a New Years eve maybe workers will be at the field half day," go figure. Time for Antelope Valley neighbors to look for a different company to do business with or buy our own tank and stop doing Business with this MORONS. The worst ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Tues, Christmas Eve Dec 24, 2019. As a very very long time happy customer, I am so fed up with Amerigas service and the way the supervisor has put me off for a week just to take a damn lock of an above ground gas tank which won't be removed for another 7-days Dec 30, 2019.. The issue: My range leaked gas and Amerigas sent a tech in 90 minutes, shut off the gas and put a lock on the tank. Famous Tate took 2-weeks to get a replacement gas range yesterday Mon Dec 23, 2019 and Ken of Alternative Gas informed me after AMERIGAS closed yesterday that he could NOT install the range until 8:00AM today Tues 122419.

I hurriedly called Amerigas as soon as they opened while the range was being installed for Amerigas to come and remove the lock and I was told, Amerigas does not do same day service. After a lengthly heated discussion, the supervisor put me off for another entire week saying, "I have to put you on the schedule... From Dec 23 to Dec 30th." This is inconvenient **. Question? Why does it take 7-days to take a damn lock off of an above ground gas tank?

SINCERELY

UNHAPPY ANGRY LONG TIME CUSTOMER!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I had a tank full of propane removed 9/6/19. Not only was I charged $59.99 service charge. I was also charged another $80.00 for tank pick up. We have used Amerigas for the last 20 years. I was told I would not be charged the $80 by a manager. On top of that I had $349.20 worth of gas in tank. I also had a credit of around $160 from overpayment. The Check they sent me was for $27.06. I have tried numerous times to get this settled. They state it is company policy.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

My older neighbors are currently out of town as the husband is being treated for cancer. I keep an eye on their home and was shocked to learn that they are paying $2.45 a gallon for Amerigas propane while I pay $1.19 a gallon from a different supplier. I don't understand why folks in the area of Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan remain customers of Amerigas.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I feel it's necessary to write a review about my experience with AmeriFas. I am property manager and I have 35 rental homes on my property and all of them have a Amerigas tank in the backyard. Amerigas has filled and locked 3 different tanks in 1 week leaving my Tenants & their customer without heat & hot water. Amerigas said that the propane tank placement is too close to the A/C unit & is out of code. Amerigas placed these tanks where they're located knowing they're out of code & now billing me to relocate the tanks. This is terrible customer service! Amerigas filled all 3 tanks 1 month ago & this month they've locked the tanks and left their customers without heat in the middle of the winter. I would not recommend Amerigas. I'm having all 35 Amerigas tanks removed from my property and will go with a different company.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We went with AmeriGas because the price per gallon at the time was reasonable. They said as long as we take a certain amount of propane there would not be a rental fee. We ordered propane during the summer and paid for it right away. A month later we received a rental bill from them. We called them and asked why and they said we had signed a contract, which we never received, saying they could charge us a rental fee if they felt like we didn't take enough propane. We have a 1000 pound tank and filled up. We asked about the contract & they sent it to us after we filled up. So we said we would pay the rental in payments for 12 months. They are now saying we are late in paying & have been tacking on late fees. We will use what we have in propane & go somewhere else for propane. Very disappointed in this company.

AmeriGas Company Information