2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

AmeriGas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriGas?

Original review: April 8, 2020

I was a customer of AmeriGas, for 15 years. If you have the opportunity to use propane at your residence, do not contract with this company and if they already have one of their tanks on site, do yourself a favor and have then remove it, and invest in your own, it will be well worth it. They have these payment options you choose each year, and tack on a $125 "sign up" fee. This is every year, regardless of how long you have been paying them for over priced propane. They estimate your usage and always cover themselves by estimating high. That way they can use your money all year long, and then apply your credit overage to the next year and make you feel like your bill is going down, but it really isn't.

After 15 years at the same address, I recently moved out of state. I cancelled my service December 3rd, 2019 and had a credit of $671 in my account. They said it would take 6 weeks to "process" my return. Seriously? In this day and age, it's going to take 6 weeks? I called after 6 weeks and they said it was still being "processed". Meanwhile, they kept sending me invoices for charges to my account for services I had already canceled. I called again after 8 weeks, and was given the same story about "in process", so I called the corporate office, since the regional office in Hagerstown, MD was just "BS ing" me.

The corporate customer service rep. (Shella), was very apologetic, and said that within 3 business days, I would receive a call from either Steve **, or Joseph **, who were Regional Directors, and they would personally address the fact that AmeriGas was holding on to my $671 credit, while sending me past due invoices for payment. I was never contacted by either of these "corporate professionals". More weeks went by and I called corporate again. I was told that "this was a matter to be handled by the local office in Hagerstown", and they were the ones responsible for processing the credit I was owed. How pathetic.

So, back to square one, I called the local office in Hagerstown and was told, "your credit is being processed", and you should receive your check at any time, as they verified my new address for the 5 time, since December. In conclusion, I did receive my credit for $671 in March, 2020. Do yourself a favor, steer clear of this utility racket. I used to think the phone company was bad, but they are angels compared to AmeriGas. Hands down the worst utility company I have dealt with in the 11 residences I have lived in over 9 States in this country.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Had a very positive outcome with an issue I had with Amerigas in Homestead, FL. Just have to give a shout out and thank you to Adoris, Luis and Carlos! If you have had a bad experience with Amerigas, you must not be dealing with the Homestead office, as they are top notch and VERY customer satisfaction oriented! Thank you to a great team in Homestead!

Original review: March 16, 2020

I'll be brief... 1. Amerigas is VERY rude. Every time you call for a delivery they respond with "you know we need to run a hard credit check or have a credit card on file." I've had a credit card on file for 4 ** years yet every time they act like I don't understand you have to pay for things. WTF? The worst part is, with the above attitude, they will charge you for 60 gallons, knowing they won't be able to fit it all. Then they don't refund your money. They "apply a credit" to your account. BUT THEY NEVER USE IT!!!! I'm on the phone with those ** now, get this...I have over TWO ** YEARS of credits they haven't been applying. Someone needs to sue this SOBS. GET YOUR PROPANE ANYWHERE ELSE.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

This company is not reputable. They are INCREDIBLY overpriced and do not care about their customers. I've never had to do business with a propane company until a few months ago when I purchased my house. I warn anyone who requires propane at their home/business to STEER CLEAR of Amerigas. Choose ANY other propane company. You'll be pay significantly less and won't be left without heat and water for weeks at a time.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I had bought propane from V-1 Propane for many years. AmeriGas bought V-1. I liked the delivery man and tried to stay with the company. However, I always had problems with Amerigas billing. First, Amerigas adds on about $20 in fees and they don't tell you about them upfront. The other propane companies here don't do that. Second, AmeriGas would say they would match another company's lower price. Then my bill would come with the regular price, requiring me to make an extra phone call to get the bill corrected. Now they are leaving me phone messages to call them about filling my tank. I wonder if they are also selling my contact information to other companies. It appears you can only opt out of them selling your information if you live in California. I bought propane from V-1 for 10 years. AmeriGas lost my business after two fills.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I was an Amerigas customer for around 3 years. This is a horrible company. Their customer service is bad and they will try to take you for as much money as they possibly can with ridiculous fees and costs. The final straw was when they tried to bill me for cancelling my service and picking up their tank. Nothing but a money grab as I was going out the door. I switched to a local propane company and couldn't be happier.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I am looking to switch propane vendors from Amerigas due to numerous customer support issues. We purchased a home that already had service from Amerigas. Without thinking much about it I signed the agreement to continue service with us. After some disappointing service and support issues we found a new highly rated vendor. When I called Amerigas about discontinuing service they told me it is my responsibility to have the 60 year tank excavated for them to pick it up. Think twice before signing with them and I recommend researching vendor options before doing so you won't get handcuffed with an ancient tank that they won't simply abandon and force you to pay a contractor to remove it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I am renting a beautiful home in Spring, Tx. that I love so much! When I first moved in I was told the owner normally filled the tank two times per year. The tank has been filled 4 times since March. There are two people in our home and we keep are heater at 69 degrees. They come and fill up the tank randomly and now I have paid $1200.00 in gas since August. The Amerigas representative insists there is no leak, but that gas prices are now above $4.00, I just received a quote from another company for $2.09 per gallon. I can't believe anyone still uses this disgusting company!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Paid on Friday for $250 gallons. Mid-day Tuesday, they can't even confirm that we are on their schedule. In this day and age. Totally out of heat/hot water and they have our $$. Do not use. Feel like we are totally captive.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Bought a new house that HAS Amerigas service. Called Monday to arrange for delivery. Was told the local office would call me. 5 days later local office hasn't called so I call them. "We need to leak check the tank (even though it is their tank and is currently in use) and then you can order gas." "When is leak check?" "Earliest we can do is 7 days from now." Tank is now at 5%. Tomorrow I will not have heat (gets below zero at night), no hot water, no cooking. In 7 days I will THEN be able to order gas and who knows when it will be delivered. So I get to sit in an unheated house, cannot shower or cook, all because Amerigas doesn't feel like acting quickly. As soon as I can find a replacement Amerigas will be in my rear window. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY!

AmeriGas Company Information