Ryanair

Ryanair Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryanair?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryanair?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedProcess

Reviewed July 15, 2024

I tried to check out online. It required me to pay for a seat and a suitcase, even though I paid for them when I bought the ticket. I couldn't complete the process so I tried to contact them, but there’s no answer. I thought to make the check in the airport, but there they charged me 55 euros (!) to get the boarding pass. And again, there’s no option to contact them. Now, I’m waiting for the flight and they have delayed.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 12, 2024

Worst airline ever!!! Please don’t waste your money in this airline!!!! 3 hours delayed and counting, they didn’t allowed people getting off the plane during the wait and they made people pay for their drinks!!!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 30, 2024

Terrible experience. No communication. No explanation. Delays delays without communication. Land and get told they have suspended services at the airport and we are stuck on the plane. No drinks provided upon request. Hot stuffy cabin. Barely working aircon.

Staff

Reviewed June 29, 2024

I used to fly always with RyanAir and never had any problems, but this time June 29 Rome-Vienna FR 7178 was really disaster. The lady with long black hair on the boarding desk is a Racist,inhuman & unfriendly.

Reviewed June 29, 2024

I paid for bus tickets via Ryanair website. They did sell me ones which do not synchronize with my fly. Tickets are not refundable even if they do mistake by selling ticket for the wrong time. I feel ripped off for money and taken advantage of.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 16, 2024

On March 30, 2024, we had a scheduled flight from Stansted (STN) in UK to Olsztyn-Mazury (SZY) in Poland, flight FR 228, scheduled to depart at 17:45. We arrived at the airport around 15:00. We entered the security checkpoint shortly after 16:00. Although there were NOT many people in line but the line was moving extremely slow. The security staff was disorganized, slow, taking their time to inspecting each and every item, reading each label, talking, laughing with each other during the process. None of the staff cared about getting passengers in a timely manner to ensure that people were able to make their flights. The personnel was extremely unprofessional, lacked courtesy for passengers.

Around 17:00, my daughter’s bag was the fifth one in line to be inspected, she begged people to let her go next. Passengers were under extreme pressure, stressed - one person vomited in the bin with staff watching in disgust, wasting more time, rather than assisting her. I cannot express the terror we experienced during this time. No matter how politely we begged to speed up the bag inspection process, the staff just looked at us and deliberately slowed down.

After security, we ran through the maze of stores to the gate. It was 17:35, the gate was already closed. I could see the aircraft from the window for the next 20 minutes. After calming down, we tried to figure out the next step. We learned that our luggage was pulled off the aircraft and we needed to retrieve it from the arrival terminal. Ryanair knew that two passengers already checked in, the luggage was loaded but the gate was closed prior to the scheduled departure. We were told to go to Ryanair customer service, after explaining what happened the women just looked at us, didn’t care. I graciously asked her to check for availability for the next flight. She looked at me like I was bothering her.

After a few minutes, she stated that the next flight with two seats was scheduled to fly out three days later. I asked for a refund instead but she said there will be no refund and that if we decided to book the next flight, we would have to pay again as a new reservations. I asked if she was able to check other airports around London with flights to Poland the next morning and she refused to help, stating that Ryanair does not do that. Of note, there was other passengers talking to Ryanair customer service about the exact same situation.

Someone suggested for us to try flights out of other airports. After learning that there was a flight from Luton airport via Wizzair the next morning, we decided to take multiple trains to Luton airport not knowing if there were seats available. We couldn’t book this flight via our mobile phone because there was a problem with the network as our phones operates out of USA. That was our first time in London, we were not familiar with the train system, had difficulty with our phones but we took a chance and headed for Luton airport.

Three hours later we arrived, met with a Wizzair staff member, who was able to get us on the next flight to Poland the following morning. The transportation cost from Stansted to Luton was 67 x 2 = 154 GBP. Our tickets from Luton to Poland via Wizzair were 730.98 GBP, together 884.98 GBP = $1,101.06 USD – an unplanned and unexpected cost that we had to pay as a result of the unfortunate circumstances with Stansted Airport and Ryanair. We spent the night in the airport. We asked Ryanair for reimbursement, they ignored us.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed June 15, 2024

Me and my girlfriend arrived at the Copenhagen airport on time for our flight (FR406) to Rome. We had been given conflicting directions by a couple airport staff as to where we could receive our boarding passes which wasted 10 minutes walking around. Even with this delay, we arrived on time at the RyanAir service desk #122 to start the check-in process.

This is where I had the WORST customer experience of my life. I have flown extensively for 25 years to over 30 countries, on countless airlines and have never been exposed to such an awful representative. We arrived before the cut-off time for our check-in. This was verbally confirmed by your representative (a young girl). She specifically told us when we arrived that she had one minute to check us in... okay, phew sigh of relief. Nope! Instead of starting the process, she complained to us that she wasn't fast enough to complete the task. She just looked us in the eye and told us we missed our flight. Again, we arrived ON TIME!!

As the precious minute counted away while she coldly began explaining the absorbent cost of another flight the next day. We were in disbelief. I asked her if she could do anything more. She then had the audacity to ask us if we wanted further help by calling someone??? "If we wanted futher help"??! "IF"?! Again unbelievable. She did this all while smiling, as if our entire trip itinerary wasn't hanging in the balance of her typing skills. After she spoke to someone on the phone she told us that she couldn't help us. I repeat, we arrived on time!!

The amount of time we spent pleaded for basic consideration, must less customer service, we could have been checked in. We only had carry-on bags and there was no lineup at security. We now sit in the airport booking a flight on any airline other than RyanAir to complete our journey. While we could have easily made our RyanAir flight that doesn't leave for another 38 minutes.

Completely unbelievable! In all my years I have never written a complaint letter. I don't even remember the last negative review I've given a business, but this Ryan Air representative was the absolute worst customer service experience to date in my life. For someone that travels as much as I do that is saying something. I honestly don't even know how to make sense of the situation.

The one silver lining was that we went back to the kiosk and spoke with a different girl. She was sweet and understanding and was also surprised at our situation. So at least we know some RyanAir employees care. It feels as though we got terribly unlucky with that one girl. If we had dealt with the second girl in the first place, we would be happily on the next leg of our journey. Your customer service shouldn't be like rolling the dice.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Bucharest Ryanair employees show ethnic hatred, shout at customers and refuse to speak English. This is the worst service I've ever seen. We have already filed a statement with the police and are preparing a lawsuit.

Verified purchase

Reviewed June 1, 2024

Our experience with Ryanair was horrible. We attempted to check in day prior, with difficulties in two occasions. I received messages they we were checked in successfully. I had no boarding passes. I tried calling and cut box with no success. Arrived at airport 3 hours to still check in, but stood in line to speak to the one attendant working for 1 hour. Charged 55 euro per person (4) for not checking in despite my screenshots and efforts.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Sitting on the tarmac at Newcastle Airport, time is 7.17 and plane should of taken off at 615...endless engineers coming onto the plane as there's an issue, poor communication as to why we are waiting to either take off or to empty the plane so we can catch the new one (if there is even one). Just announced another engineer is coming to do a 2nd opinion??? Filling me with confidence!!! Everyone thirsty as it's hot but don't worry we are being looked after as it's been announced there is water for us to purchase if needed!!! Oh Goody time is now 7.21 and an engineer is now going to try and fix the plane??? And hopefully we will get more news in 30 mins. Hopeless service!

Ryanair author review by Erika Armstrong

Ryanair is a Dublin based low-cost airline that is Europe’s busiest international airline by passenger numbers. They fly 1600 flights daily to 185 destinations and boast the most on-time flights of any airline in Europe.

• Won’t lose your baggage: Ryanair claims to have the most innovative way of handling baggage which they boast is nearly “perfect”.

• Low cost: They don’t hide that they are the cheapest for a reason and they’ll do anything to keep air travel affordable. In exchange for unbeatable fares, be prepared for non-reclining seats, no seat-back pockets, safety cards on the back of seats and life jackets stowed overheard.

• Price guarantee: If you find a cheaper fare on a qualifying route with another airline, then they will pay “double the difference” between the air fare paid to Ryanair and the lower fare quoted on another carrier, but watch the fine print.

• Newest fleet: Ryanair claims to have the newest, greenest and quietest fleet of aircraft in Europe (primarily newer/retrofitted Boeing 737s).

• Business Plus: Even though they have the lowest fares, they offer a Business Plus program that can help you get through security faster.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Ryanair Company Information