1.00/5
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 23, 2018

53 Ryanair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

I returned from Faro to Edinburgh early today. The flight arrived ahead of time and was a good flight with a good flight crew, the problem started at baggage collection. After standing around waiting for the conveyor to start there was an announcement from the airport staff intimating that "the delay in baggage reclaim was due to Ryanair's new policy," incoming baggage will not be handled until the outgoing baggage has been put on the plane, after this is achieved the incoming baggage would now be put on the conveyor, this is to achieve the 25 minutes turn around time, so after arriving 10.25 it was almost an HOUR later before I could collect my luggage. It this just another Ryanair ploy to make you buy a dearer ticket and take your hand luggage with you.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We booked a holiday and flights were with Ryanair. My son is 1 years old and daughter 5 years old, seats were allocated for them, which then left myself. On online check in I was very difficult to be seated together so I called Ryanair customer services in which I then paid for upgraded seats with more legroom bearing in mind we had a 1 year old!! On boarding the plane from both destinations we were NOT ALLOWED to be seated on our paid/allocated seats due to safety reasons, An air cabin crew staff then wrote me a note to say what had happened and he will also make a report of the issue as it's happened both ways. Back to the UK I made a complaint to RA who then sent me an email saying that 'we reserve the right to move passengers and you will not be getting a refund'. Urm total joke. They sell the product then screw you on air... I will not let this matter go lightly. Will take this as far as I can.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I am prefer not to use this airlines due to very negative experience in the past. But this time I have bought tickets for my parents and when I am checking them in the seats were specially allocated separately to force customers to pay additionally even though there are lots of free seats there. Honestly I believe this airline should be banned from flying in Europe or at least fined for such behaviour.

Original review: May 1, 2018

IT IS THE ONE OF THE WORST AIRLINES I'VE EVER TAKEN IN MY LIFE... Super irresponsible customer service and vague guidelines!!! My flight was cancelled from Milan to Seville due to the French strike in Oct 2017. They rescheduled me to a new flight 1 week from the date I was supposed to take my flight. I was told that I will be reimbursed for any reasonable expenses during the week.

However, NO ONE TOLD ME WHAT DOES REASONABLE mean? I emailed/called and live chatted with them and still no one can tell me what does reasonable mean? I said does $100/night for Airbnb reasonable because come on! It is Milan!!! I was told, "Yes, it should be reasonable". After I submitted my reimbursement, not only they only willing to pay me back less than 50% of what I submitted, they also refused to talk to me about why were my expenses not reasonable. Worst of all, it's been over 6 months since I filed the reimbursement and I still have not got my $ back!!! CHEAP AIRLINE!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

You have to check in luggage 2 times also for return you have to paying again. Normally you check in once but Ryanair scammed you and they know that it is a common mistake that travelers forget to check in for the returns. Even on the airport the employees told us that it is a common mistake. Ryanair be fair and give our money back what we pay too much!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryanair?

Original review: April 26, 2018

BE HONEST TO CUSTOMERS. They will force you to sit apart from your family unless you pay to have seating next to each other. You now must pay extra to have your hand luggage in the cabin with you. If all goes well with your flight then you're lucky, as when it does go wrong you can expect nothing from them at all. My son's flight was detoured to a different country and was never given any food, drinks or free call. Not a penny of compensation all of which are part of EU law.

Me and my partner's flights was detoured from Stansted to Birmingham. We was given no information at all and everyone on the flight was just waiting around for 5 hours in Birmingham Airport before some of the Birmingham Airport staff guided us to taxies to get back to Stansted. In the whole 5 hours we was stranded not one person from Ryanair spoke to us or gave us advice or offered any help or support, no food, no drinks, no call. Nothing. We did not even see anyone from the airline at all for the 5 hours we was stuck at the Birmingham airport, then just over two hour taxi drive back to Stansted. Thanks Ryanair for not giving a damn about customers.

Original review: April 1, 2018

No happy. Me and all people we spend long time waiting and on Malaga was nobody to tell us whats going on. Not advise was delayed. Not advise or apologize before getting board. Also the plane was absolutely a mess with rubbish all over the place.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I traveled with Ryanair to Barcelona arriving at night hours and at the same time I rented a vehicle with them (Ryanair hire car) to avoid inconveniences when picking up the vehicle. The plane arrived around 11:35 pm, when I went to pick up the vehicle, arbitrarily and rudely I have been attended by an employee named Lucia. She claims that I must pay 40 euros more for the hour and that also is going to go. I explain that I have hired a service for which I have paid more than a month in advance and also flight with the same airline with which I contract the vehicle. The girl goes out the back door without giving further explanations. The truth I felt robbed by Ryanair and his partner in Spain Goldcar. When I complained to Ryanair, he replied that I had no right to any refund. Never in my life had I received such a bad service and they had stolen in the process. Do not use Ryanair car hire. Under no circumstance.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Flying with Ryanair, had booked on extra price 2 cabin luggage, like they told me on the booking process. On the way back (the same ticket) they informed me that the policy had changed and I had to pay extra 50 euros in order to fly. Being really rude and never explaining the actual situation, they forced me to pay, though I could just send my one luggage to the luggage place under the plane, like all the other passengers after me that hadn't paid extra did! When I complained online 3 times, they just keep sending the new policy with no reference number on the reply. So I had every time to make a new statement.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I book about 50 tickets a year with this airline... I was offered a refund for my flight which was severely delayed due to storm Emma... FINE, however it was a code red and they let me wait until the morning of the flight departure. But ok. Now I had 2 consecutive flights booked (a return and a small other trip) which I was logically not able to take as the problem with the outgoing flight. I asked for a refund (not even 150 Euro in total) but this was refused with the remark I could have changed these myself... Into what??? Online and pay huge change fees??? I was a happy customer for a long time but now I know what people mean with this company. If something goes wrong, they let you down big time. From now on Aer Lingus on 1! And government please look into the fake customer service. They sent false info and do not react to queries and they just hope that you don't spend more time to get your rights. FINE THEM!

Original review: March 12, 2018

Booking my return flight from Alicante to Gatwick in February, thinking I was booked to fly on the 5th to the 9th. On returning on the 9th I was told at security check that my boarding pass was dated 9th March, one month ahead, instead of February. My mistake for not checking the confirmation email from Ryanair. But as a frequent flyer it has never happened before that I booked the wrong month to return. Ryanair desk clerk told me that the Ryanair calendar was jumping from February to March and that the days of the week were the same date in both months so a lot of people had also experienced this problem and the flight on 9th Feb was full so could not fly that day with Ryanair. And had to pay for another flight with another airline.

So I kept my March booking returning to Spain and priority boarding pass, And so when flying again on 9th March I was told that the boarding pass had become invalid in that time, no reason was given, so I have no idea why it was now invalid but Ryanair would not print me a new one because their policy is that if you don't have one you must pay 50 euros for them to do it for you. I refused to pay. As far as I was concerned I had a priority boarding pass and an allocated seat.

So the clerk downloaded a new boarding pass to my phone, but no allocated seat. So I then had to queue up at check in to get a seat. Apparently it was hit and miss that I got my priority seat. Fortunately I did because I arrived at the airport very early. I think this airline is a disgrace, and customer care is non-existent.

Original review: March 11, 2018

On 03/03/2018, we had our flight from Birmingham cancelled at 8.10am and the flight was due to leave at 9.20am. So the bags had already been checked in. Only advice given by Ryanair was via email, which offered a flight refund/alternative flight. However, no details of which alternative flights were available! No Ryanair staff or customer service staff arrived at Birmingham airport to help. Also, despite Ryanair’s website stating food vouchers, travel & hotel accommodation, will be provided we received absolutely no food vouchers, no transport or hotel accommodation. In fact, we received none of these!

So Ryanair have broken their contract, and need to change this information about food, transport & hotel accommodation so that it correctly reads that you don’t receive any of this, as it is a complete lie! Also, the Ryanair website was down, so you couldn’t check it for further flight information. So, we had to go through a travel broker to book another flight that cost us £308.00 for an inconvenient flight at 6.30am from Stansted the following day. So, we had to pay for our lunch at the airport, train travel of £95.00 to Stansted, £99.00 for a hotel, £27.00 in taxis & £42.00 for an evening meal.

I tried to complete Ryanair’s online form to gain a refund from them, but the form just kept repeatedly asking for a captcha Text code, so was unable to actually submit the form online. So, this was a complete joke! And you cannot contact Ryanair by phone, so I contacted them online today. And they just suggested I use the form again tomorrow, as it is unlikely they received it, as I received no confirmation email. But if the form didn’t work before, how likely is it that it will work tomorrow? And the form appears to be the only format available to claim our refund! So, what then, Ryanair? Will it be another online chat to suggest I wait another 7 days to complete a form that doesn’t work?

Original review: March 8, 2018

This company is a complete disgrace and has no regard for its customers. I will never book flights with them again after they took our money for return flights from Portugal for my elderly mother-in-law and failed to get her back home blaming strike by air traffic control. They don't offer you any alternative flights as they suggest they don't have any available for over 1 month. The complaints procedure is pointless as you receive a standard letter telling you it's outside their control so they can do what they like leaving you completely stressed and out of pocket to get your self back home. This company should not have a licence to provide a service as it doesn't have a duty of care to its customers!

Original review: March 7, 2018

I want to warn people that their CHAT service is woeful and use the web instead as they are employing people whom are unable to communicate. Be warned - this exchange took me 54 minutes to merely check in.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I submitted a claim for a refund with Ryanair on a flight delayed for more than 4 hours January 4th, 2018. I received a letter stating that refund check would be submitted to me within 10 days. Check never arrived. I contacted Ryanair again and they said they will resend check on 2/12. Check never arrived. On 3/4 I contacted again and after several chats with three different people they elevated the issue to customer service. I got an email saying that they will respond within 28 days. Contacted operators again via chat because the phone number provided doesn't work (you cannot talk to anybody) and they said they elevated the issue again to CS and I will get some kind of answer within 48 hours. I requested to speak with a manager because there is no way to contact anybody and they said it is impossible.

So, I might get an email tomorrow that tell me that it was elevate to some other office that will respond to me within 48, maybe 72 hours or at best 28 days. I think they purposely have this dog chasing its tail entangled process so you will get tired so you will let go an forget about wanting your money back. I wonder if it OK for us to hold payments to them until we elevate the issue to a higher power. How hard it is for a company this size to send payments overseas? I did in 24 hours. Perhaps if someone would even call me back I could tell them how easy it is to actually do that. So, if you have time to waste and want to do this dance with them fly Raynair and pray your flight gets delayed. Wish me good luck, I will get some kind of elevate answer from them tomorrow...

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Ryanair should be looked into for fleecing passengers with exorbitant fees. I had a round trip flight booked and paid for baggage only to be told on the return flight that the baggage fee was only for inbound. Nowhere in their jumbled site with tons of upsells did they mention this. They hit me with $44 euros/bag. Their site does not state your baggage is one way. Absolutely disposable business practice. Will not fly with them again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I booked a flight from Rome to Barcelona by mistake... I wanted Florence to Barcelona... but after about five hours of booking hotels and various flights, I guess I was a bit tired. I noticed my mistake instantly but, too bad.... no cancellations or refunds. Don't waste your time with these crooks.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I recently traveled with Ryanair to Lanzarote. I was traveling with assistance due to a pacemaker being fitted recently. Both journeys I feel that Ryanair deliberately seated myself and my husband apart with the intention of charging more money to be seated together. Several other couples and families were also complaining of this on the outbound and inbound flights.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Having gotten caught up in the cancelled flights fiasco last year, I submitted an expenses claim to Ryanair which they said, would be sorted within 28 days. Now, over 3 months later, and the lies from customer services keep on rolling with no sign of being repaid!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Back in 2015 We called the customer service to ask what are the options if we might want to change the flight’s time as my husband’s father is ill so we had to make different arrangements and the gentleman on the phone told me that we can change it in 2 hours’ time so I told him, “Thanks you for your help. Will look into it.” We successfully when thought passport check airport security. When we wanted to board they told us that we cannot board as we don’t have valid airplanes tickets. They told us when we asked to change the flights on the phone the system automatically checked us out from the airplane which we were completely unaware of. Nobody told us that we had to re-check into the airplane and to reprint the new boarding passes. We didn't receive an email to confirm that we have been checked out from our flights and why would you even check us out without having even telling us or agreeing to it?!

After they told us we cannot board the airline a supervisor came who told us the same things again and he advised that possible we could go on a different airplane (which nobody advise us in the end). Then he told us if we want to complain we need to go to a service desk. So we did. Then we tried to explain the situation to the advisor by the time we were really annoyed about this whole thing as nobody helped us but the advisor didn't listen to us at all. Then he started to talk to a different customer which is really rude as we were still talking to him but he ignored us completely. Then my partner got angry as you cannot treat customers like that and just ignore people and then they told us they can't do anything and we need to go out and speak with Ryanair customer service outside. As we were walking away they started to laugh at us behind our back and they were provoking my husband to make him angrier.

In the end we just walked away as we didn't want to make problem as the whole place was already watching us and we felt already really upset and embarrass. Outside the customer service nobody help us at all. If we weren't even on the boarding list how could we even get through the airport security or how they checked my husband’s paper works?! Never received any communication about canceling our flights or if we need to re-check in. Made a complaint to Ryanair. They agreed to gives us money back for the airplane ticket fees however they never gives us the money or replying back to our emails. Took it Retail Ombudsman. They told us “Ryanair are entitled to withdraw any previous settlement offer they’ve made. It appears the requested call recordings are no longer available.” Ryanair is the worst airline do not every use it!!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This is the worst airline you can choose, so don't. They have horrible customer service and after all the games and stealing they do, you will end up paying the same for their ** airplanes as you would any other company (with a nicer plane). I tried checking-in hours before my flight and the website would not let me. So I then decided to just check-in at the airport like any other flight. I found out at the airport that I could only print my ticket (which I had ALREADY bought) for an additional fee of 50 euros. This is an insane amount of money to print a piece of paper, and I had no idea of this ridiculous policy. There was no other way to print my ticket so I gave in and let them steal 50 euro ($60+ USD) from me. I will never fly with these idiots again, and if you're smart you will stay away before they steal money from you as well. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I tried to book a ticket and the website kept giving me an error message: "Oops, there was an error and your reservation could not be processes." I tried again, waited, tried again. None of their numbers were working and the chat service was offline. Finally gave up and booked with another airline. The next day I received an email stating my flight was booked. When I was finally able to get through their chat service, the lady on the other line was awful and refused to refund me. On top of that they charged for 2 tickets. FRAUDS.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Alphanumeric Nightmare: We (my wife & I) purchased 2 tickets to fly from Glasgow to Dublin August 3, 2017. Flight FR5771... Reservation: I got a notice on my smartphone to check in, or be assessed a 50 x2= 100 fine. So I attempted to reconfirm? on Aug. 30, 2017. I fought with the website for over an hour with no luck entering my email + the alphanumeric. (**). So I got on Ryan's customer service live chat. My first session timed out as I was looking for information to respond. On my second session with Fiona we figured out I was typing a 1 (one) instead of an I (aye). I typed it in and Fiona said I was good to go! I was so relieved to get the passcode in, I probably didn't complete the secondary part of the check-in form? We flew on Sept. 1. 2017 having a short connection from our international flight to the Ryan connection. Ryan ** Status confirmed. (In US terms I paid for a ticket and my receipt indicates Status: Confirmed...).

Of course on arrival We were hit with a $100 fine. The Ryan Clerk in Glasgow had 2 minutes to check our bags. She did, of which we are grateful and we ran to pay to fine in cash. Solution: why the secondary check in? Who dreamed this up? If necessary, change the font where 1's look like 1's and I's look like I's. IE: I or find a way to leave the I's out to eliminate confusion with the 1's. We were so offended with Ryan and Ireland. We stayed one day in Dublin and flew Aer Lingus out to the IOM then took the ferry to England to avoid Ryan. Marketing, seems geared to young "I" phone Euro set, not easy for other travelers like seniors. Final Comment: "You can shear a sheep many times but you can only skin them once!" Let's call it an old Irish saying.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

When booking my flight I filled in "billing address" section, expecting to receive an invoice with my name and address, which I absolutely needed. Not receiving any, using the live chat I asked why, only to discover that, according to them, it is not possible to issue invoices for international flights as they do not include VAT. So why did they let me fill in the "billing address"? Why did they not tell me explicitly that they would not issue the invoice? Furthermore, I was quickly dismissed by the customer care, and was told that if I had any further request, I should send an email - I sent one but did not receive any answer. Furthermore, the price they publicize for their tickets is not transparent at all, which is against all national and EU regulations. I chose a flight for 86 Euro, but I ended paying 170, having to add 70 for registered baggage RT, compared to 30 I would have spent some year ago, plus other amounts.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Below is complaint sent to Ryanair, to which they responded refusing to apologise for anything, their attitude towards customers through-out is very evident, take it or leave it and never ever apologise: I am writing to you after my shocking experience on our return flight from Lanzarote to Luton on 23rd August 2017 (flight number FR3455). At check-in there was a lot of chaos and extremely long queues caused because a young family with two children had apparently not been allowed on their scheduled flight the day before due to over booking and waited 24 hours at the airport to board the next flight only to be told there were no available seats.

Whilst the family were visibly upset and complaining the queue was extremely slow to move as one of the two check-in staff were obviously pre-occupied with sorting this awful situation. Eventually we were checked in and waited to board the plane. On boarding again there was more chaos as another young family had been split up with their four year old daughter booked to sit by herself. In order to sort this problem some of the other passengers including us rearranged seating to allow the young family to sit together. We had seats 22A, 22B, 22C & 22D booked but my wife agreed to swap 22D with the young mum (Janaya) to be with her four year old daughter. Whilst we all settled in there was talk of how badly the young family had been treated at check-in as they eventually boarded the plane.

I was sitting in 22C with my young daughters aged 8 and 13 in 22A & 22B respectively. As we ordered food we opened the trays to find dirt, magazines and food remains falling out onto us and on the floor. I cleaned the trays myself (having never used budget airlines before I thought maybe this is the norm) and proceeded to wait patiently for our food to arrive. As we waited my youngest daughter suddenly wanted to go to the toilet. If any of you that have children will understand there is no waiting as children often leave it until the last minute to tell you and they cannot hold on.

The toilets at the front were not working so only the back ones were available. As I got up to take my daughter to the toilets the seat belt lights came on and I was told very sternly to sit down by the steward, I tried to explain that my daughter was desperate but I was ignored and just told to sit. At the same time the mum Janaya seated at 22D also had to take her four year old to the toilet. I told her that they would not let me go but her daughter was getting distressed, she got up carrying her daughter to go to the toilet. She was swiftly blocked by a stewardess (Ellie) who totally ignored the mum’s pleas and grabbed the mums arm to force her back into her seat.

The mum shouted to the stewardess not to touch her but the stewardess just ignored her and hurried past without listening or caring. We were all so shocked about this treatment, her partner seated in 22F in total anger stood up, picked up his young daughter and marched to the toilet without anyone stopping him. The seat belt lights remained on and my daughter was still desperate to go toilet and I tried everything to get her to hold on. Then suddenly a pilot wearing sunglasses, hands in pocket calmly walked out and proceeded down the aisle smugly towards the back toilets. As soon as he finished using the toilets and returned to the cockpit the seatbelt lights were turned off. Everyone realised and it was so evident that the only reason the lights had been put on was to give the pilot clearance to use the toilets leaving desperate young kids and their parents in despair.

As soon as the seatbelt lights were switched off I quickly took my daughter to the toilet. On returning I saw the mum (Jayana) from seat 22D with her partner arguing with the stewardesses about their treatment. I was not witness to what was said then but apparently the couple returned to their seat complaining that the stewardess denied touching the mum supported by another stewardess Jana and they accused the couple of lying. The couple asked me if I had seen it and I confirmed I had so they asked for my details as a witness.

As soon as the couple told the stewardesses that I had witnessed the young mum being physically forced to sit down I noticed that the stewardess’s treatment of me and my daughters changed and we were given dirty looks every time they passed. The other stewardess Jana then approached the young mum to apologise for her colleague (Ellie) but the mum by this time having been manhandled and told was lying was not accepting any apology. She turned to me and said to Jana that I was witness to the incident.

Jana looked at me and although I was trying to be supportive to both parties and asked the mum to accept the apologies, she refused. Jana then turned to me and said that she would need more witnesses and proceeded to ask all surrounding passengers if they had witnessed anything and none of them had clear view apart from me being directly next to it. Jana then requested the mum’s details plus mine for their records but refused to give the offending stewardesses name until the mum repeated asked. Eventually the name was given as Ellie. Ellie continued to give me and my daughter’s dirty looks every time she passed.

Eventually as the seatbelts lights came on to for the landing Jana and Ellie approached everyone to collect rubbish. When it came to us Ellie asked for our rubbish and although we had none she pointed below the seats and asked my young daughters to pass her the magazines under the seat that had dropped out when we first opened the trays along with other rubbish from the floor which was already there when we boarded. Although she could clearly see my daughters struggling to pick everything up with their seat belts on I did turn to Ellie and said that all of that rubbish was already there and I even had to clean the trays myself.

She was completely emotionless and unresponsive continuing to stand over us gesturing to my daughter to hand her the rubbish. My youngest daughter actually had to undo her seat belt and reach below our seats to pass everything. My daughters are very obedient and were so upset when they thought they had done something wrong and started to cry. I later asked Jana why Ellie had treated us so badly and to my amazement Jana swiftly replied that she was witness that Ellie acted rightly to ask my daughters to pick up the rubbish although neither asked any of the other passengers to do the same.

I told Jana whether she calling us liars and she said yes. Witnessing this the mum (Jayana) next to us and her partner having already had an ordeal with these stewardesses proceeded to tell Jana she was out of order and the partner in the heat of the moment ended up swearing at her. Jana then pressed the security button and the young couple were taken away on landing by security.

I am a respectable professional and actually work within the customer focus training area and Ellie firstly over exerted her authority by pushing the young mum (Jayana) back to her seat. However instead of apologising at the time to defuse the situation let it affect her behaviour and proceeded to collude with her colleague Jana by initially accusing the young mum (Janaya) of lying but then trying to apologise after the damage had been done.

They then proceeded to conspire to take it out on me and my family as we were witness to the original incident. They purposefully tried to provoke a reaction from us so they could report it to security on landing. I have never seen nor been treated so badly in all the years I have taken flights although this is my first flight with Ryanair or any budget airline. I am so shocked that this sort of treatment of customers is allowed.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

We were in the airport. 1 hour before departure. Warning, delay, no news. News later: 1 hour delay. No gate information. We are where the previous gate (12). Info message, gate will be announced at 19:38. Doesnt come announce. We go to sit elsewhere. Weird our plane doesnt seem to park where expected. Go some 25 minutes before screen with delayed departure time - info: boarding ended. What!? No info from gate. No one to ask. No one in Schonefeld airport to know where are they embarking (or embarked). Nobody... Though the plane is there and I’m on land, I dont know where? I go out the departure area, on information from airport they give me the info: new gate was 64. I see 5 Belgian boys also stranded in Berlin. My girlfriend and I lose the flight, (and the return flight), but at least we are home.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Ryanair number one fraud company in the world. Many people do not like this company. Government no action taken. I had 6 ticket from STN CPH. I went airport 3 hrs before they charge 50 pounds each ticket then say no seat. This is ** Ryanair service. We hate what action you take in airport. Some stupid working they don't know what to do if you take action. I will send all information.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Unsure why a British company takes their telephone enquiry business overseas where nobody in the customer services dept even understand that Skyscanner are not a ** travel agent!! Me & my partner have spent two days trying to get our booking ref number and have heard all the incompetency & awful customer services we have ever encountered with the staff hurrying our calls - absolute joke!! Also what sort of a company charges £90 for an extra 5kg luggage?!? Thats just daylight robbery & the price we had to pay as we needed to check a bag in and usual hand baggage can only be up to 10kg... Am so disappointed in this failing organisation and will be letting everybody know never to book with this company again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I had booked for myself, husband and 13-year-old daughter on a flight to Lanzarote. When I checked in (for free), 4 days before leaving, we were allocated 3 middle seats, away from each other! It took an online conversation (long) plus 2 phone calls to come to the following conclusion: Ryanair have ripped me off! Purposely 'randomly' allocated us seats well away from our teenage daughter and giving us no choice but to pay to have us moved to seats so that one of us can sit next to her. I am disgusted with this blackmail Ryanair and I will never never book with you again!!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

It is the only airline that charges airport check-in for €50. Despite their own website or system not working at a certain point and they are able to verify that you tried to check in online because all your information has been saved (and you have paid for reserved seats as well) they will not take responsibility or waive the fee. Wrote to them for a refund but they just read me their fine print! Highway robbery in fine print!

Ryanair expert review by Erika Armstrong

Ryanair is a Dublin based low-cost airline that is Europe’s busiest international airline by passenger numbers. They fly 1600 flights daily to 185 destinations and boast the most on-time flights of any airline in Europe.

• Won’t lose your baggage: Ryanair claims to have the most innovative way of handling baggage which they boast is nearly “perfect”.

• Low cost: They don’t hide that they are the cheapest for a reason and they’ll do anything to keep air travel affordable. In exchange for unbeatable fares, be prepared for non-reclining seats, no seat-back pockets, safety cards on the back of seats and life jackets stowed overheard.

• Price guarantee: If you find a cheaper fare on a qualifying route with another airline, then they will pay “double the difference” between the air fare paid to Ryanair and the lower fare quoted on another carrier, but watch the fine print.

• Newest fleet: Ryanair claims to have the newest, greenest and quietest fleet of aircraft in Europe (primarily newer/retrofitted Boeing 737s).

• Business Plus: Even though they have the lowest fares, they offer a Business Plus program that can help you get through security faster.

• Best for: International vacationers and business travelers.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong

Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Ryanair Company Information