2.9/5 (598 ratings)

About Ryanair

Ryanair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryanair?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Trying to get a refund is impossible. Customer service is absolutely shocking. Not helpful at all. Never fly with you again. Get passed from pillow to post with no resolution. Offered a travel voucher which is no good to us now but as soon as a cash refund was asked for were now in a battle and still have no refund not to mention the copious amounts of phone calls and times the phone has been put down on us by rude staff!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Tried to modify flight within 24 hrs. for no fee as they advertise. Website only allows a few changes, then charges you a fee! Customer Service in Ireland is not helpful and would not allow me to speak to a supervisor. Paid the huge fees $241 to make the changes and will fight this extra charge by involving my credit card company. Try not to use Ryanair....

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

Our experience was terrible. When boarding we were charged extra €91 for our bags even tho we took the safe bags on the inbound flight at no extra charge. The staff at the gate were extremely unprofessional and disrespectful, shouting at us and threatening to put us off the flight. When I questioned why he wasn't charging anyone else for having more and bigger bags than us he ignored me and told me to leave. He told us there was no room on board for our bags and the flight was half empty with loads of overhead space for free bags which we had to pay €91 for. When we boarded I asked for assistance which the onboarding flight attendant said "what do you want woman" in an aggressive tone and looked me up and down. She continued to harass the passengers demeaning customers who didn't speak English. She pulled a bag of a passenger and threw it in the overhead and didn't explain why it needed to be moved.

We then found out there was a dog on the plane and this is not allowed as far as I'm aware. When disembarking the plane she gave me another dirty look and looked me up and down. I went to the help desk at Dublin airport and the staff there ignored my complaints and told me to make a complaint online, and told me to leave. We will NEVER fly with Ryanair again and I will actively make sure none of my friends or family ever fly with you either. I feel utterly disgusted and disrespected by all staff member I spoke to. This company is an absolute disgrace. Alket ** was the name of the man who charged us extra without explaining and when we said we wouldn't pay he said he would make sure we didn't board. I said if I board this plane I will never board another Ryanair flight again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

Bought tickets from Supersaver Helsinki to Rīga, and I am old customer with Ryanair, always been happy with fast service until now. Day before flight checked email, Ryanair app, no invite for online check in, so I thought I. Going to do like normal people check in at airport, but now need to pay...and an adult and 2 kids check in for flight of 40 euros was 160euros. And I asked any another way as I wasn't informed, in which I got reply with cheap airlines somewhere with small letter you can find info. I also explained I have travelled many times with Ryanair and always have got online check in but not this time and no info that you can't check in at airport computer...so I send same sad disappointment about service like that to customer service and just copy paste text Yara Yara Yara...

Also the guy at desk, woooow, I must say I'm surprised he works at airport, dead as dead person...at the end of the day, I'm sad that Ryanair didn't even try to understand situation and pretty much copy pasted texting, so I'm gonna skin this company for my travel trips..sad guys, horrible service, just because you are cheap airline company doesn't give writes to dead and cold, and you should consider the fee little less especially if it's 50min flight and price 15 euros..

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Never fly with RyanAir. This is my strongest recommendation to anyone. Literally fly with anyone else aside from them. Their baggage policy is a complete ripoff. I had to pay double for my carry-on bag because they wouldn't let me bring it on the plane. Despite me already paying to check it in, they made me recheck it and pay double the fee. Compared to Easy Jet that allows you two carry-on pieces for a much smaller fee and is much more clear communication of their baggage policy during the initial flight booking. People at the counters are rude as well. Very condescending. Also policy around picking up your boarding pass is ridiculous. No digital boarding pass available, you must get it at the check-in counter even if you're not dropping a bag.

All in all, more time and money was wasted using Ryan Air than if I had just booked with another airline for a slightly higher ticket price. Would have saved money in the end. This is also not the first time I've had a terrible experience with Ryan Air. I was forgiving before but this has now just solidified my decision to never fly with Ryan Air again. I'd advise others to to do their due diligence and not be swayed by cheaper ticket prices at Ryan Air because those costs accumulate in other hidden ways that are not transparent at all.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I was traveling from Valencia to London at 5:55 am. I was one of the last ones on the boarding queue, and in front of me was a person with a oversize bag refusing to pay for the extra size. One of the Ryanair staff came to and told me that my bag was oversized as well and I would also have to pay (even though I’ve been traveling with this back for 6 months and I never had to pay extra for it).

I agreed to pay and I was waiting patiently my turn to pay for the oversized bag. However, with the confusion with the person in front of me refusing to pay extra money, the Ryanair staff decided to close the gate and they kept me outside of the airplane. None of the the staff tried to explain to me what was happening, they only speak Spanish at this point and I lost my flight. On the way to the Ryanair desk the securities told me that this happens all the time.

As if it were not enough me missing my flight due to staff miss communication, on the Ryanair desk the lady reschedule my next flight to 5 hours later, in addition, made me pay €100.00 (one hundred euros) for it, which is an absurd since I lost my first flight and it was not my fault. On the Ryanair’s website explains that that is not their policy, and even if I was trying to explain this to the lady on the desk, she still made me pay for the next flight. I did not just missed my appointment in London, but I payed extra money and help from Ryanair was offered for overstaying 5 to 6 hours at the airport.

The worse is to come: on Ryanair’s desk there is a not saying that, voluntary or involuntary boarding denial and the rescheduled flight is after 2 hours or more, they should compensate me or provide me some food, which they refused as well to do it. Obviously I recorded this situation as proof of this absurd. I am currently at the airport trying to contact Ryanair because the staff refused to give me any contact or email that I can complain to.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I flew with Ryanair from Bucharest to Sofia. The Staff at the counter in Bucharest was awful, I have never experienced anything like that in a decade of frequent flying. I had purchased my wedding gown from Romania and carried it with me as a carry on baggage on the flight. The lady at the check in yelled at me consistently to fold my dress, she just wanted to see it folded before I get on the flight. The yelling took place while I waited in line in front of the entire plane passengers, I was mortified. Additionally I kept explaining I will fold it in the airplane so it will fit for sure. The dress was close to 2,000$ and I explained to her that my wedding is that weekend and I cannot ruin it but I will make it fit. She kept arguing with me rudely in front of people and wouldn't stop.

If I was in the US she would be fired. Please train your staff at the airports to be more accommodating like Turkish Airlines who go above and beyond for its customers. I will NEVER EVER fly with this crappy airline ever again. Oh and to put the cherry on top I was charged an additional 77 euros for my luggage for no reason...Was a little confused with this charge. Awful experience, pay extra and fly with another airline. I only chose Ryanair because the timing was convenient for my travel dates. Next time I will inconvenience myself to fly with a trusted airline.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I recently had an unpleasant experience with Ryanair going from Barcelona to Budapest. The flight was delayed by around 3 hours due to reasons I wasn't told. This has caused spending an extra overnight stay at Budapest with hotel and transport expenses from my own pocket and booking a new flight the next day. Because the flight was delayed by so much I have lost my connecting flight for which I had a 2 hour layover window. No desks were operating when I got to Budapest at around 23:00. Received no apology or guidance at the time of the need. Disappointing experience being a frequent Ryanair flyer. Caused me a lot of problems. I have filled the Ryanair form and also sent an additional query. Have not heard back for almost a month now.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I flew internationally and tried to check in online the night before and the site timed out. I got to the airport 1hr 55min before the flight and tried again but was locked out of online check-in. I wasn't checking luggage. I just needed a boarding pass and was charged £55 to print a boarding pass. I attempted several times to do this myself but was unable. Ryanair refused to refund the fee indicating I should have contacted customer service when the site timed out. As for the morning of, they don't allow online check-in inside 2 hours.

To expect someone traveling internationally to call an agent when the check-in failed is not acceptable. This would have brought unnecessary internal data/voice fees and would have taken up more Ryanair staff resources than printing a boarding pass at the airport. Closing online check-in 2 hours before flight time seems excessive and coincidentally in line with when passengers typically would arrive at the airport and realize the exorbitant fee they are assessing to print a boarding card. This is nothing more than a money grab from unsuspecting travelers, who are on the road and out of their element.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

In Paphos, Cyprus We had to wait outside, while standing queue for 30 minutes no sitting options, until they actually opened the gate which leads to plane. Priority tickets don’t work!! Spend money for nothing.

Ryanair author review by Erika Armstrong

Ryanair is a Dublin based low-cost airline that is Europe’s busiest international airline by passenger numbers. They fly 1600 flights daily to 185 destinations and boast the most on-time flights of any airline in Europe.

• Won’t lose your baggage: Ryanair claims to have the most innovative way of handling baggage which they boast is nearly “perfect”.

• Low cost: They don’t hide that they are the cheapest for a reason and they’ll do anything to keep air travel affordable. In exchange for unbeatable fares, be prepared for non-reclining seats, no seat-back pockets, safety cards on the back of seats and life jackets stowed overheard.

• Price guarantee: If you find a cheaper fare on a qualifying route with another airline, then they will pay “double the difference” between the air fare paid to Ryanair and the lower fare quoted on another carrier, but watch the fine print.

• Newest fleet: Ryanair claims to have the newest, greenest and quietest fleet of aircraft in Europe (primarily newer/retrofitted Boeing 737s).

• Business Plus: Even though they have the lowest fares, they offer a Business Plus program that can help you get through security faster.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Ryanair Company Information