Ryanair

Ryanair Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryanair?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryanair?

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I booked a return flight and parking with Ryanair and the flights were cancelled and refunded for no reason at all (there were no other flights from them on the days I needed so I did not change flights with them) but my car parking was not refunded. I paid £76.99 for this service. I have contacted them four times about this now and got no further, one person told me they will escalate this query and I will be contacted in a few days which did not happen.

Another told me to contact NCP which I have done and they say they cannot find my booking and I have to contact them again, I have even tried ringing 3 times and never been able to get through to an actual person and the robot kept putting the phone down on me. I have paid for a service which I will not be getting now as they have cancelled the flights and my flights have changed to earlier and therefore the parking time they have given me is void.

It is horrific trying to find someone who actually knows what they are doing to help me and keep getting bounced around person to person and getting no further. Why should I have to pay another £77 when they have cancelled the flights, not me? I have now lost out on money and got no further with them. Appalling customer service and good luck getting through to an actual person to help.

Reviewed April 12, 2024

Just to book the ticket you need a lawyer, otherwise they will find something to charge you extra money. Cabin Bag for Ryanair is changing every time, so you will never be sure. They will try to fool you during the booking.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 8, 2024

Horrible customer service. Still waiting for money from december. 7 hours delayed to destination (direct flight) after late take off and stop at another airport. No communication. Shame on you Ryanair.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 5, 2024

This airlines is a joke, they will never get you anywhere on time, always messing about, flies out whenever they want, always late at least an hour in our last few years experience we never had flight on time, ridiculous! Always ruining plans for holiday every single time we use it. If you have a chance just use other airlines, do it for your own good. Disappointed.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

31 March 2024 I had a flight (for the first time with this company, AND THE LAST) with them, I couldn't do the check in online the day before flight because the website of Ryanair didn't work (reason for what I was charged by the airport with 55€).... And this is not all, they also charge me for the hand luggage which is exactly 40*25*20cm but has 2 wheels and was 2.5 cm longer and for that I paid 35€+11€ (for priority, because they said this kind of hand luggage is only with priority). I had several flights with the same luggage but other companies and never had issues. For me yesterday was first and last time when I fly with this COMPANY!! From my personal experience I will not recommend it at all!!!

Djina

Exactly! The same about checking happened to me! Later to my mother! Never never again with this company! They are stealer’s!!!!

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 30, 2024

Be aware people Ryanair are running a white scam right on people face by charging them 100 pounds for re-booking next flight even if you are 5 - 10 minutes late to reach gate. We had a bad experience and could see that there were many, many families who experienced same problem where they didn't allow to board flight just after gate closed and you are late by few minutes. I refused to pay so much money and came back but they are taking advantage of situation as it's long weekend and people don't want to miss their holiday. BE AWARE

Customer Service

Reviewed March 29, 2024

The most horrible service!!! Ryanair changed the date of my booked and paid flight to another day, since the new date was inconvenient for me the refund was 20% less, why the customer is punished??? Ryanair didn't respond to my email asking for explanation, simply ignorant! Stay away from this horrible company!

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

Supremely UNETHICAL Airline....consistently! My first experience flying Ryanair (July 2022) RyanAir extorted several hundred dollars from my son and I for 'failing to check in in advance" ignoring the fact that the RyanAir website was DOWN and we were unable to complete the check in as a direct result.

Two weeks ago we flew from Marrakesh to Dublin on Ryan Air. The night before the flight I gave away clothes, art, toys and travel artifacts to avoid Ryan Air baggage fraud. We flew Ryan Air TO Morocco with no problems with these exact same baggage, but I am acutely aware of RyanAir's propensity towards fraud, harassment and misconduct. AND RyanAir delivered.

We arrived at the airport shortly after 2 am for a 545 am flight because of pervious Ryan Air experiences and observations. The agent refused to issue us our boarding passes because he determined (with no evidence) that one of our carry on suitcases (for which we prepaid) didn't fit in the luggage measuring bin....when it did. I went back 4 times to show him directly and with photographs...and each time he insisted I pay him an additional $75 for the bag that arrived on a Ryan Air flight with the same measurement bins with absolutely NO problem. He pointed us in an arbitrary direction and instructed me to pay the fine. There was no signage or clarity about what he expected me to do...and it took an additional 45 minutes to pay the fine and navigate the extraordinarily slow check in line a 4th time.

Even though we arrived at the airport several hours in advance, we had to race to the gate and almost missed our flight. It was so upsetting and stressful to be abused and harassed....I fell ill on the plane. Ryan Air is consistently unethical, and extorts money out of compliant passengers by refusing to allow them to board the flight. I've only flown Ryan Air a few times, but 100% of the time, I observe other passengers being abused, extorted and harassed. The following day in Dublin, we saw street performers with a sign reading: Checked a bag on RyanAir...Forced to Busk. :-) I fly dozens of airlines relatively frequently...and have never experienced a more fraudulent and unethical airline than Ryan Air. Buyer BEWARE! Read this article: **.

PS Flying on Ryan Air is truly a cultural experience....My son calls it the USA 'Greyhound of the skies." The passengers do not sit in their assigned seats, they wander all over the plane throughout the flight and none wear masks. The woman behind me coughed over 150 times and kept wiping her nose with her hand. It's truly like riding a greyhound bus in the US....an experience on its own! (Do not recommend.)

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2024

My family and I travelled to Europe for Ireland, England, Paris and Rome. We unfortunately used Ryanair from Belfast to Manchester, it was the worst decision of my life. They legally but stylishly scammed us from, why we did not book on line even after buying tickets, they charged 50 or 60 pounds each for 5 of us. Again they said my hand luggage was too big that their plane was small. Same hand luggage I used round the world, they charged again 60 pounds or so. When we saw the plane, it was a big plane capable of taking the hand luggage. We unfortunately used them again from Rome to Paris and same thing. I regret using them. I will rather pay any of those established airlines times 5 than Ryanair. we used them on the 23rd of December from Belfast to manchester and I think 31st from Rome to Dublin. What a tragedy. Never, Never, Never again.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2023

RyanAir is a horrible airline with staff that are the most miserable and unprofessional people I have ever encountered while traveling. Literally none of the staff are helpful. Would not recommend to anyone of color.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2023

Ryanair is the absolute WORST airline I’ve ever flew with in my life. HUGE waste of money!! And the staff do not care whatsoever!! Never flying with this airline (as already planned after I booked this ticket months ago) ever again!!!! Because I had trouble checking in on my phone, they charged me 55 euros at the airport! They literally rob you for your money at every chance they can get! I was never informed of this process ahead of time and there is no flexibility or accommodation with this airline whatsoever.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

A word of warning: NO!!! Ryanair is terrible in my experience. Let me explain. We scheduled a flight from Tangier to Lisbon with a layover and plane change in Paris. Due to a bomb scare in Paris, our flight went to Belgium. From there, we sat on the plane on the airstrip for about an hour with no answers as to what would happen next. Then, they made us all get off the plane. No communication, just left there. I had to go to the ticket office to try to book another flight. There were no flights available, so I had to research nearby airports for possible flights.

I found a flight to Lisbon from Brussels. I then had to get bus tickets to take us (there were 5 of us, all family on vacation) and an Uber from downtown Brussels to the Brussels airport, buy new tickets on another airline at high prices for same day tickets and got us to Lisbon very late that night. Ryanair did not help in any of this at all. We were basically left stranded in another country with no way out. I then filed a complaint with Ryanair about this. They asked for my confirmation number, passenger names and email address, which I provided. I have now asked several times what they would be willing to do to help. No response to date. They have just ghosted me. I paid for 2 flights to get me and my family to Lisbon. I got one flight to Belgium. Worst experience with an airline ever!

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

I bought a flight on Ryanair from Portugal to Hungary after flying them from Morocco to Fort Trickle. When I showed up at the gate, they said my bags were too large. I showed them a picture that they fit, and I was abused, bullied condescended they actually asked me to stand in a corner and wait to the very end, and then I said I’ll pay I don’t care. I was trying to get business and I paid for priority, Etc. And when I showed them the picture, they said you’re using this against us now you’re going to board last I have the power I’ve I’ve seen it from Customs once in a blue moon but I’ve never seen a power trip like that.

I paid them C$180 for my carry-on, which was not going to be checked I could still carry it on and I said, "OK please let me board," and they said, "No we’re gonna punish you," and that’s exactly the words inside. She said, "You’ll be the last one on board and then I have the power and I will decide.." and I stood there and said, "I’m sorry if I offended you let me talk to your supervisor," and they brought someone out there as I found out later was not a supervisor they wouldn’t give me their names..

I saw two children try to scold a 60 year old, senior citizen, and stand in the corner because they had power and as she said, I have the power whether you fly or not, I never raise my voice. I didn’t swear I simply wanted to get on the plane with my carry-on bags that I’ve taken on for other flights in the last two weeks, including their airline, and when they said no, I paid the money which the bags were still going on board with them instead of underneath and she made me stand in the corner and said you will be the last one on board or maybe I won’t let you because I have the power and I told her to go after herself and walked away. Bought a flight on the Sansa and says see you later. It is the worst experience of my entire life and I will travel agency and I’ve flown to 62 countries.

Reviewed June 1, 2023

Ryan Air's own website says it publishes fares at least 6 months in advance, and sometimes up to 1 year in advance. For over 4 months, I have been trying to book a flight from Paphos, Cyprus to Amman, Jordan. Flights haven't been released to book yet. It is now under 5 months away, and flights still haven't been released to book. Ryan Air isn't keeping its commitment. When you text, or chat, or call - you get the same response with everyone that works there. "We don't know". "Flights haven't been released yet". "We don't know". "They don't tell us". "We don't know". "We're clueless". "We don't know". Somewhere at RyanAir, Mr. Wizard, the only guy that must know anything, is sitting behind some curtain, and he's derelict in his duties, and not following his own company policy. Will someone at Ryanair please wake up Mr. Wizard so he can released the Paphos to Jordan flights for November.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed April 6, 2023

THE IRISH FAMILY THAT CONVENIENTLY FORGOT ABOUT IRISH HOSPITALITY. This company is abysmal. They take advantage of people. The unfortunate piece is that they have such a hold on the short flight industry in Europe that you don't have a choice if you want to get around Europe. They claim they are the cheapest and they are if you have no issues at all with your flight experience, you want to bring one bag and sit in the most uncomfortable seat made by in the industry. I ended up paying $502.66 for a roundtrip 2 1/2 hour bare bones flight (including one checked bag) from London to Palermo. The original flight was $265.81 which IS NOT CHEAP, it was $170.85 to change my flight because I missed it due to issue on another intercontinental flight and $66 to check in with a human person. I also had to pay for a night in a hotel that I didn't expect and a night at the place I was supposed to be staying.

This experience cost more than my flight from the USA to London. The man at the airport who took 3 minutes to check in me told me "Darling, you should have asked a friend to check you in" when I let him know I was having issues with my phone an unable to check in on my phone. He was condescending and an unhappy human. The man I talked to when I knew I was going to miss my flight was also awful, he told me to just take care of it online. I learned with a little research that some of their staff may be unhappy because on average a Ryanair cabin crew person makes £557 - £3,547 per month. They pay their staff way below minimum wage while the company generated 1.6 billion Euros in the '21/'22 revenue cycle.

They don't care about their passengers or their staff. They are the antithesis of what it means to be Irish. In the end, I can thankfully afford this, but what about the aging person without a cellphone or the non English speaking people who are taken advantage of on a daily basis. My ancestors and his are turning in their graves when they hear the name Michael Kevin O'Leary and Ryanair (data from Glassdoor and Statista).

PriceStaff

Reviewed March 30, 2023

Before leaving our remote Oregon location by car for SeaTac Airport, I made very thorough prearrangements via the only resource available - my laptop. The destination was a hernia clinic outside of Krakow, where my husband could have expert surgery at an affordable cash cost. Every detail worked like clockwork, EXCEPT FOR THE CHECK IN INFORMATION RETENTION BY RYANAIR. It cost us an extra £110, because the service representative could find no record, online, that I had conducted this procedure with them AND THAT THE PAGE HAD CONFIRMED OUR CHECK IN.

There were people awaiting our arrival in Krakow whom we could not let down, so we cursed our luck and forked over the extra £110 they wanted from us to be able to get on our prearranged flight. The service rep was polite, but we felt poorly served by the company itself, in that respect specifically. The subsequent flight service was up to par. So no complaints there. This airline is a valuable asset to Europe, but the check in record keeping and policy needs both upgrading and moderation. Employees should not have to bear unnecessary ire from outraged commuters.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2023

Tried to modify flight within 24 hrs. for no fee as they advertise. Website only allows a few changes, then charges you a fee! Customer Service in Ireland is not helpful and would not allow me to speak to a supervisor. Paid the huge fees $241 to make the changes and will fight this extra charge by involving my credit card company. Try not to use Ryanair....

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

I was traveling from Valencia to London at 5:55 am. I was one of the last ones on the boarding queue, and in front of me was a person with a oversize bag refusing to pay for the extra size. One of the Ryanair staff came to and told me that my bag was oversized as well and I would also have to pay (even though I’ve been traveling with this back for 6 months and I never had to pay extra for it).

I agreed to pay and I was waiting patiently my turn to pay for the oversized bag. However, with the confusion with the person in front of me refusing to pay extra money, the Ryanair staff decided to close the gate and they kept me outside of the airplane. None of the the staff tried to explain to me what was happening, they only speak Spanish at this point and I lost my flight. On the way to the Ryanair desk the securities told me that this happens all the time.

As if it were not enough me missing my flight due to staff miss communication, on the Ryanair desk the lady reschedule my next flight to 5 hours later, in addition, made me pay €100.00 (one hundred euros) for it, which is an absurd since I lost my first flight and it was not my fault. On the Ryanair’s website explains that that is not their policy, and even if I was trying to explain this to the lady on the desk, she still made me pay for the next flight. I did not just missed my appointment in London, but I payed extra money and help from Ryanair was offered for overstaying 5 to 6 hours at the airport.

The worse is to come: on Ryanair’s desk there is a not saying that, voluntary or involuntary boarding denial and the rescheduled flight is after 2 hours or more, they should compensate me or provide me some food, which they refused as well to do it. Obviously I recorded this situation as proof of this absurd. I am currently at the airport trying to contact Ryanair because the staff refused to give me any contact or email that I can complain to.

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2022

I flew with Ryanair from Bucharest to Sofia. The Staff at the counter in Bucharest was awful, I have never experienced anything like that in a decade of frequent flying. I had purchased my wedding gown from Romania and carried it with me as a carry on baggage on the flight. The lady at the check in yelled at me consistently to fold my dress, she just wanted to see it folded before I get on the flight. The yelling took place while I waited in line in front of the entire plane passengers, I was mortified. Additionally I kept explaining I will fold it in the airplane so it will fit for sure. The dress was close to 2,000$ and I explained to her that my wedding is that weekend and I cannot ruin it but I will make it fit. She kept arguing with me rudely in front of people and wouldn't stop.

If I was in the US she would be fired. Please train your staff at the airports to be more accommodating like Turkish Airlines who go above and beyond for its customers. I will NEVER EVER fly with this crappy airline ever again. Oh and to put the cherry on top I was charged an additional 77 euros for my luggage for no reason...Was a little confused with this charge. Awful experience, pay extra and fly with another airline. I only chose Ryanair because the timing was convenient for my travel dates. Next time I will inconvenience myself to fly with a trusted airline.

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2022

I recently had an unpleasant experience with Ryanair going from Barcelona to Budapest. The flight was delayed by around 3 hours due to reasons I wasn't told. This has caused spending an extra overnight stay at Budapest with hotel and transport expenses from my own pocket and booking a new flight the next day. Because the flight was delayed by so much I have lost my connecting flight for which I had a 2 hour layover window. No desks were operating when I got to Budapest at around 23:00. Received no apology or guidance at the time of the need. Disappointing experience being a frequent Ryanair flyer. Caused me a lot of problems. I have filled the Ryanair form and also sent an additional query. Have not heard back for almost a month now.

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2022

I flew internationally and tried to check in online the night before and the site timed out. I got to the airport 1hr 55min before the flight and tried again but was locked out of online check-in. I wasn't checking luggage. I just needed a boarding pass and was charged £55 to print a boarding pass. I attempted several times to do this myself but was unable. Ryanair refused to refund the fee indicating I should have contacted customer service when the site timed out. As for the morning of, they don't allow online check-in inside 2 hours.

To expect someone traveling internationally to call an agent when the check-in failed is not acceptable. This would have brought unnecessary internal data/voice fees and would have taken up more Ryanair staff resources than printing a boarding pass at the airport. Closing online check-in 2 hours before flight time seems excessive and coincidentally in line with when passengers typically would arrive at the airport and realize the exorbitant fee they are assessing to print a boarding card. This is nothing more than a money grab from unsuspecting travelers, who are on the road and out of their element.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2022

In Paphos, Cyprus We had to wait outside, while standing queue for 30 minutes no sitting options, until they actually opened the gate which leads to plane. Priority tickets don’t work!! Spend money for nothing.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2022

Zero service at desk, no one is willing to help you. Outrageous fees for anything. Just for check in they will charge you 55$ Per tickets. The planes are not clean, and usually late by 1-2 hour. What is cheap turns out to be expensive at the end.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed July 28, 2022

This is the worst airline ever!!! Their crew and customer service are rude and arrogant! We were going back to the United States from Sofia, Bulgaria with a transfer in London and Oslo, Norway. Our airline was Ryanair for both London and Oslo flights. Ryanair boarded us on the flight to London with no issues. When we got at the London airport, we were told that we can't continue our journey because my daughter's passport was going to expire in a month! Please pay attention: My daughter's passport was still valid, and we were coming home. Ryanair didn't let us board the flight to Oslo and we missed our flight to the States.

The customer service was of no help and didn’t care at all. They were arrogant and rude. We spoke to multiple people with no result. It was in the middle of the night and not many places that we could look for help. They kept repeating that we can’t continue because my kid’s passport was going to expire next month. My kids are 8 and 10 years old and we were left in a country that we know nothing about! We were so desperate, and my kids were very scared and stressed out. They kept crying and asking me when we can go home. We had to go and purchase a direct flight ticket from London to US with another airline which cost for 3 tickets over $8000 having in mind we had valid tickets already and a valid passport. It was the first time using the airline in my life and I will never use it again!!!! They are not worth at all.

Reviewed July 5, 2022

At Sofia Airport Terminal 2. I was flying back to Malta with my family yesterday 04.07.2022 and as I arrived at the counter to handle the luggage I found out that I had extra luggage. When I tried to sort it out with the lady behind the counter instead of trying to help me and show me the way to pay for the extra luggage she started shouting not letting me explain my situation. She was so rude and unprofessional that at one point she left the counter telling me to go to another counter if I need to fly back home. She was very rude and has no manners with clients. She left me stranded until one of her colleagues came to replace her. I flew many times with Ryanair to other countries but I have never had this type of experience with Ryanair staff.

Reviewed June 11, 2022

When you consider all the extra fees this airline is not value for money at all. Extra fees everywhere. You can only check in online 24 hours before the flight if you want to avoid fees. Then you are assigned random seats not sitting together. If you check-in at the airport that costs extra 55 Euros fee for checking in at the airport. A service that takes the attendant 30 seconds. After that payment which is higher than the original price of the flight the seats are still not sitting together, but randomly assigned.

Reviewed May 30, 2022

My review is based on my mother and I's flight from Seville to Malta on the 29th of May 2022. Upon queuing at the gate, one of the check-in staff started making her rounds handing out pieces of paper and asking questions to passengers. She made a beeline towards my mum and I and out of the blue said our bags had to go in the hold. For a second I couldn't believe it. These are the same bags and same size and weight we used going up from Malta. So much so that I am thorough with traveling light and my mother's bag in particular is a Ryan air approved sized wheelie bag. To prove a point the lady at the check in placed it in the sizer which fit perfectly only to tell us that it's above the line! I thought to myself this is a bloody joke. Where are the candid cameras...?

In the meantime a quarter of the other passengers in the non prio line had bulky rucksacks twice the size of our bags which would have never fit in the sizer. I can bet my right arm. Long story short, I paid the 90 odd euros for this thieving discriminating act and vow to never use Ryanair again. This airline bends and manipulates the rules to suit them and they change from airport to airport and staff to staff. These guys looked like 3rd party check in handlers perhaps and they were as dysfunctional as my grandmother's hip replacement. Do yourselves a favour and use a real airline in exchange for proper service. I can handle everything else but I cannot accept manipulation of rules and conditions. My concern is these handlers are giving Ryanair a worse name. Apart from the odd hiccup I've never witnessed anything as shocking as this. More so, with the way they treated us.

Reviewed March 1, 2022

I am an International student and was transiting from Riga to Sweden and I am brand new to Europe and had tickets booked with Ryanair and didn't know I had to check in online prior to reaching the airport and the lady at the desk wouldn't help/assist me and didn't bother to care when I was consistently asking for her help. I tried several times but the website wouldn't let me anywhere. There was a language barrier where I think she couldn't understand me or unwilling to help on purpose but neither was she willing to speak to my friend on the phone who spoke/understood the same language and there was no way she would help me and there was no flight operated after for the day and had to pay extra 55 Euros for just not checking in online though I was at the airport.

At this point I had cash and no credit card for the extra payment. I kept requesting her to allow me board the flight but she was not ready to talk or help me out for the next step and simply told me that she was not interested in talking. I requested the other co- passengers to help me make the payment using their card and some kind fellow traveler reached out to help me. Trust me it was the Worst experience ever. To my surprise the flight was only 40% occupied and she could have easily help me get through this situation. I am very upset about all that happened and l am rest assured that I will never travel again via Ryanair.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPricePunctuality & SpeedOnline & App

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2022

Beware of the latest scam - 3rd party services booked on the Ryanair website. I was flying from London to Malaga and, when I purchased extra hold luggage the day before I flew, I decided to, at the same time, also buy a ticket for National Express from Victoria coach station to Stansted airport. I did so and paid one amount on my credit card, but I received no confirmation of the National Express booking, so I called NE and they had no record of my booking or payment. I did so again the next morning - still no record, so I had to buy the ticket again at a higher price. I tried to call Ryanair, but could not get through to them, nor had any success with their "live" chat.

After arriving in Malaga I tried to get a refund from Ryanair, whom I had paid, but they said that I needed to get this from NE and that it had nothing to do with them as NE were a third party service provider. All my explanations that I had paid Ryanair and NOT NE were ignored. So I called NE again and they still said that they had no record of the reservation or payment, so I had to make a claim against my credit card company for a refund. All this took several hours of my time and was incredibly stressful. It was a relatively small amount, but I was incensed by Ryanair's approach and determined to get my money back. They are truly shocking in their customer service and deserve all the bad publicity that they get.

So, IMHO, there are 3 key rules when flying with Ryanair:
    1. Only fly with them if there is NO alternative, even if other airlines are more expensive.
    2. Only buy the most basic/cheapest ticket and only upgrade or buy extras (seat choice, hold luggage, food, etc) as late as possible and just before your flight - in case there is a change of plan or cancellation, then your refund amount is much lower.

3. NEVER purchase 3rd party services from their website - car rental, coach travel, hotels, etc. If there is a problem then they will screw you.

I hope that this will help others to not make the same mistake in future.

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2021

I spent 1 hour trying to get my Panamanian passport validated by a very unpleasant customer service agent that did not know where Panama is located. At the end I lost my flight and not even the supervisor was helpful or polite enough to resolve the problem (not to mention, that I am a British Naturalised Citizen and I showed them all necessary proof). They are horrible, impolite and careless! The fact that they are an affordable airline DOES NOT mean that they are allow to treat people rudely. This should be address by a higher authority.

Ryanair Company Information