2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.9/5 (288 ratings)

About Ryanair

Ryanair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryanair?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryanair?

Original review: May 11, 2020

Last year, I booked flights for Amsterdam for this Friday. The concert I was attending is cancelled. I waited for the Ryanair flights to be cancelled. I contacted them last week and they said the flight isn't cancelled, I could still travel to Amsterdam if I wanted to. Alternatively, I was told, I could change my flights free of charge for any date up until 31st August. Which is obviously useless to me, nobody will be travelling anywhere in August. However, when I tried to re-book my flights, I ran into issues with additional fees.

I found that not only do I have to pay the difference in any flight fares but that I cannot choose any flights that are cheaper than what I originally booked. The issue here, is not that I wouldn't get any money back, it's that I actually cannot avoid paying additional fees unless I can find the exact same fare for any date before 31st August. On speaking their support team, they confirmed that I cannot choose any flights that are less than what I paid originally, it has to be the exact same fare, or more. I cannot understand this policy. The only reason I can imagine is to make more money from this, as I didn't expect a refund for the difference, I just don't want to pay more.

The next issue, is that I have to pay for seat selection. Gone is the option to chose randomly allocated seats. To progress with the re-booking, I actually have to pay for selected seats. Even though, I paid an additional €16 for seat selection in my original booking. That disappears and I have to pay for additional seats, I have no choice. I physically cannot continue with re-booking without paying for seats. So to re-book my flights there is absolutely no way around paying more money. It is not possible.

Ryanair's marketing ploy of telling us all they are supporting passengers at this time by allowing us to change flights for free, is actually a revenue generating ploy. They have imposed a system which ensures that people have to pay more for the flights. Which we all know won't be taken before the end of August so not only do you lose your original fare, you are forced to pay more money for flights that you know you will not be taking.

I find it really disappointing that they are allowing such flights to continue in the first place. I sincerely hope that Ryanair continuing that flight does not mean that people will still take the flight for a holiday - there is absolutely nothing stopping them. I suppose it should feel more shocking than it does that Ryanair has implemented something to actually make more money at a time like this. But all the same, I really think the Irish public should know that this is how this company is handling this situation.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I have encountered examples of good, bad and indifferent customer service over the years but nothing beats Ryanair for the truly dreadful. Admittedly, they can be a cheapish airline - but not always when one has added in all the extras - but if there are any problems with the flight you are stuffed. Like tens of thousands of others I was left stranded by Ryanair when they cancelled flights due to the coronavirus/coved-19 pandemic in March 2020. Of course, the virus is not their fault but the way they handle customers is.

Trying to get a refund for cancelled flight (not compensation just money owed for no flights) is like getting blood out of a stone. They make you jump through numerous hoops for weeks before in the end sending an unasked for voucher for use within next 12 months (for one the flights - silence on the other). They then make you go through process of reapplying for refund - some time in future - but this is impossible as no one answers the online chat or phone. I have spent dozens of hours trying. They do not reply to emails, letters, phone calls or online chat. The worst customer service I have ever encountered. I would avoid using this airline like the plague.

Original review: March 8, 2020

On a recent trip to Tenerife my husband collapsed at the airport coming home. Ryanair staff were so helpful, arranging an ambulance, storing our luggage and arranging an alternative flight home when my husband was well again. He got assistance at the airport which was really good. Then he collapsed on the flight home, and again staff were really helpful and professional and arranged medical help at our destination. Ryanair did not charge us for the alternative flights and made everything as easy and stress free as possible. I would like to thank them sincerely.

Original review: March 7, 2020

For a business that relies on on-line booking it is amazing that its website isn't more Consumer friendly. Try getting an answer to some query or trying to change a booking! The whole scenario epitomizes the character and personality of its aggressive, no-please or thank-you Chief Executive. There's minimum goodwill towards Ryanair. Its success is purely down to cost and a take-it-or-leave it price!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I understand you pay for what you get but I didn’t realised I was paying for rude staff, poor customer service, to be abused and ripped off. Please read all reviews. If I had I would not have booked with Ryanair. They charged me on the way out for my carry on bag but none of the ** passengers got charged. A fellow gentleman behind me had told me he was not charged nor the women in front of me. Both were suppose to have been charged (racist staff at Luton).

Then when in Malaga they took my passport at checking and asked for a card. I gave them both at which point the lady swiped it and charge me 55euros for check-in. I told her to stop. I did not need this. I had the app and was not paying for check-in. She rudely replied, "It’s been done. Go to customer service to tell them". This is ridiculous. Customer service was worse than the lady at check-in and I think Ryanair training in how to be anti racist and customer friendly. Manners cost NOTHING.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

To change the name, they charge £115 and I think that's WAY TOO MUCH!!! The tickets were cheap (£20) because I booked 30+ days in advance and it wasn't a busy time of the year, but the fee was almost 6 times higher. I tried to change the name 2 days after the booking because it was an emergency and I had to be home earlier than expected. I mean , I get that they should charge that but it shouldn't be the same price for day 30 and day 2 before the flight. Also, my sister-in-law had the same problem. She booked a flight for the next day but she couldn't make it because of a family emergency and she couldn't cancel it (no refund) or change the date, because she didn't knew how long she needed to stay, so she tried to sell it. But because the fee was too high, no one wanted to buy it. They'd rather buy a new ticket.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Ryanair is full of fake hidden fees. Stay away from this scam airline. They have 0 customer service. Ryanair is not worth the cheap price. You will be hit with Hidden fees and treated like cattle. Absolutely the worst airline I have ever flown with...rude rude rude SCAM.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

When will we all realise that Bad Reviews only Inspire Smug O'Leary even more to to find new Ways to hammer the Working Class. Of course I'm annoyed that I've just stumped up an additional £110 for "forgetting" to check in my Party of 2 On-line but come on... My revised check in at Terminal 3, Manchester, took 2 Mins and was done by a non Ryanair member of Staff. Such Punitive Penalty charges border on Criminality and I Can only Imagine the Pain of others who made a similar mistake (they do Happen) who couldn't afford the outrageous Penalty, thus missing their Flight. As for the Staff of Course they're not Perfect but they're not Treated any better than us Punters. Only in his Multi Million Pound Race Horse Operation does an environment exist where Manure is Collected for Compost rather than be dished out in Small Print and OnLine Pop Ups to Customers often left reeling by their lack of Worth.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

WORST airline I’ve ever used. Even worse than Spirit and that’s saying something. Flight attendants were entitled and rude. Entire process was beyond inefficient. Had to show our boarding passes a total of 5 times including after climbing the stairs to get on the plane. Clearly by that time we are proven to be on the correct flight?! There wasn’t a seating area available for the gate until after our boarding passes were scanned within the airport, and no workers were available/would scan the boarding passes until the boarding time so most people had to inconveniently stand for over an hour.

Our flight was 3.5 hours and the airline refused to even provide water unless you paid! What kind of service is that? I’ve never experienced an airline that wouldn’t provide any beverage during THAT length of duration. Absolutely absurd. Yet the flight attendants went around trying to sell cologne and perfume. What a joke. I will never fly with this airline again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Booked an holiday with Thomas Cook. Everything A OK, until they folded then said, "We have found you seats with Ryanair," I said, "I would like to cancel the full holiday." NO WAY AM I GOING WITH RYANAIR, "Because we found you a a seat you cancel you lose all your money," now check in comes.. Read read read the confusing small print, cost me another £160 to check bags on and not even sitting together, one company I pray go bust (and all the staff get compensation and another job right away) and the owner gets jailed for all the years ripping people off and getting away with it, everyone who's been ripped off by them Our day will come. :)

Ryanair Company Information