MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
Based on 30 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

MGM Grand Hotel

Las Vegas, NV

36 MGM Grand Hotel & Casino Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

Me and my best friend stayed at the MGM Grand about a week ago and I was not impressed! We paid $800 to stay there for three days, to many that’s not a lot but for us we worked hard to make this possible. There weren’t any refrigerators or microwaves in the room and 2 star hotel what you pay $100 for a night at least has that. Someone else nose ring was found in my bed when I pulled the comforter back and neither one of us has our nose pierced so that lets me know that it was from the last occupants and that THOSE COVERS WERE NOT CHANGED!

Because if they were that ring would have went down with the dirty covers. We called housekeeping and never apologized or anything, they sounded like they were annoyed! They just said, "We'll send someone to change them," and that was it. We left the next day around 3 pm and returned close to 10 pm and our room hadn’t been touched! The trash, dirty wash clothes, everything was all still there. No fresh linen, no nothing! So again we called housekeeping and again no apologies, just a, "We'll send someone to clean," but there was no point. We’d be leaving in a few hours for the airport! Very disappointed. Expected more for the “MGM”.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My issue with this place is that they don't ensure customer satisfaction like they say in their mission statement. I just visited as recently as 2 weeks ago (June 7) and before I went to play the slots, I went to their Michigan Lottery machine to play some numbers. The machine accepted my money without any issue, but I wasn't able to choose any of the games or numbers.

I asked the nearby security guard who I can talk to in regard to this issue, he phoned around until finally getting in touch with the cashier's cage. They confirmed that I'll have to talk to them. So I walked all the way on the other side and after a 10 minute wait, a manager finally came out. As I was explaining my issue, the look on his face was that of a person who is not interested in helping me take care of this issue. I even showed proof that I took from my phone.

So after repeating the issue 3 times and writing it down on a piece of paper, he told me, "Well, I'll have to call the Michigan Lottery office and they'll send someone out here, probably tomorrow, I don't know. We can't just give you your money off the bat. It'll have to be investigated". So I gave them my name, number, and he made a copy of my driver's license. I'm thinking they're going to take care of me. Just so happened that the next morning I got curious and I went back up there, the machine was back in order. It had no signs saying it was out of order or anything. It's been a couple of weeks since this incident and no phone call. Therefore, they're thieves in my eyes.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I just called to cancel my manager's room for Friday night... so I'm my mind... 72 hours in advance since this is Tuesday! My manager is staying 4 nights but wanted to fly back a day early. Nope. MGM will charge a cancelation fee which is as much as the room fee. This reservation is over $2000. Seriously. MGM has terrible customer service. I explained that he wasn't sure if he could get a flight. They wouldn't budge. Things like this are just maddening to me! Just because you can get away with robbery doesn't make it okay! Shame on you MGM. I won't be booking with you again!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

The hotel is great staff very professional. Just disappointed in the machines. Spend 4 days never saw any big winners and could not even win enough to play for a while. Just fed the machines nonstop. Suggest going somewhere else if you choice to gamble.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

We stayed at the Excalibur. We checked in on Thursday December 14th at 830 am. We were told that we couldn't check into our room until 11. We came back to check in at 11. They told us that the room wasn't ready and that we had to upgrade in order to get a room which was a extra $51 for 3 nights. Meanwhile we had a coupon for two complimentary breakfast or lunch. They advised us that they had to use our card to put it on hold and then charged us on our debit card which they didn't tell us that they would charge us. So now I have fees that my bank has to return which will take 3 to 5 business days. Hidden fees they should have eyes that's that once they put the charges on the credit card that they would be as a purchase and have to be refunded.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MGM Grand Hotel?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I recently took a girls trip from Dec 1st-Dec 4th. I paid extra to upgrade from a regular queen room to the executive queen suite. The shower didn’t have hot water for the whole duration of our stay. We called the front desk twice and service people were sent to fix it, however it was never fixed. The water was ice cold no matter what time of day we turned on the shower. We ended up taking sponge baths in the sink and using the shower in a friend’s room who was staying on another floor. Inconvenient to say the least. I was offered compensation by the resort fees being removed from the final bill. A total of $119, not enough for the inconvenience me and my friends had to go through while we were there. There are plenty of nicer hotels on the strip that I will plan to stay at on my next trip there.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Accommodations and service were first class. The staff was professional, courteous and friendly. Housekeeping staff was excellent too. My room had a fantastic view of the Potomac River.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

My Husband and I stayed at the MGM and we had the worst experience ever. When we first checked in we had to pay a $430.00 payment that we were not told we had to do. I mean don't get me wrong it's just a hold until you check out, then you get it back, but it would of been nice to know ahead as to add to my budget. Then when we got to our room the minute we opened the door it smelled of smoke and weed, but it was a smoke free room. We don't smoke and the smell was bad enough to make me vomit. Called down to customer service and they said they would send someone up to spray. So we decided to go gamble some while they cleaned. Came back to our room and the room Was so hot. We had to call them, and they said they would send someone right up to fix the air. Ok they showed up at 2am, we called at 11pm, and to top it off we decided to watch some tv while we waited but nope had to call because the TV wasn't working.

This was all on our first day. Day 2 - called because the fridge in the room was opened and was told it was suppose to be locked because it was the mini bar. So I asked for someone to come please check it out because it isn't closing and I want to make sure there's nothing missing and I get an attitude from the lady that it's checked every time some checks out and in. Well lady Someone didn't do their job. So talked to a manager and they finally sent someone up. Later that evening when I came back to my room it was locked, and there was 4 Corona sitting there. Sorry can't stand those, so called and asked them to take them away because they don't belong to me. And again an attitude, I was told I can't use the mini bar to store things. Hello lady just told you too that weren't mine. The next morning I checked my account and had 70.00 dollars in charges from the mini bar. OH HELL NO. Called again and they said they would fix it.

Later went to go back to my room and our key wouldn't work. WTF. Downstairs waiting in line to be told they were Deactivated, and I asked why. They know we were there for 7days and this is only day 3. I was told they don't know why they did that. Checked my account and mini bar tab still there, another call to customer service. I mean come on people get your ** together. Finally day 4 it was gone. The rest of the time the TV still would freeze and I just gave up. Finally day to leave and checked out. Thank God.

So checked my account to make sure my 430.00 was released back to my account and I see a 70.00 dollar Front Desk charge, so I go up get in line to ask what it was for. They decided to charge me for the mini bar, even though it was removed off my account. WTF. You think you're sneaky. Well I'm smarter. So Please Always Check You Account and Bill. I'm was told it was a mistake. It wasn't suppose to be charged and it will be reimbursed right away. Well guess what. It still hasn't and I'm turning it in. Way to go MGM, will never stay there again, ever!!! Usually we stay at Bally's and it's great there. We just decided to try a different hotel. Big Mistake I Guess! Oh and for all my trouble I got was 35.00 towards one day resort fee. OH wonderful, Not!

Original review: May 20, 2017

Mandalay Bay is the best!!! I had an issue with a false Priceline offering (free breakfast). Even though breakfast was not included in the room price the hotel honored Priceline offer and made my vacations awesome. I strongly recommend Mandalay Bay hotel.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I didn't have a choice to where I was staying on this business trip since my client was paying for my room. But when I received my room, I quickly upgraded to the Stay Well floor due to it being way more quiet and not so family oriented with kids running up and down the halls. Other than the hotel being the usual overpriced food and you have to walk miles to get anywhere it was decent, except for the shower either being too hot or too cold! The last night I was there, I had an incident with the room next door with excessive partying and vulgar language. Now, Stay Well rooms are suppose to be "Spa" like and quiet! Ya no! So of course I ended up calling security a few times but that didn't seem to do any help.

Around 6:00 am, I got awaken by a women screaming for her life while I hear a man threaten her life, then I could hear the man beating the women and sexually abusing her. So I called emergency security this time and pack faster than I ever thought I could! I am a women and was getting really disturbed by what I was hearing and just had to get out quick! As I left my room, I saw a security guard who couldn't have been more than 18? Maybe 21? Who was too afraid to knock on the door! I was appalled and yelling at him to do something!!! Thank god another security guard came up and I just left! Not knowing the situation I was afraid to be around!

So when I went to the front desk to check out, obviously shaken up, all they could offer me was a free buffet. Really??? Who wants to eat at this time? Food??? Who is going to pay for the therapy session that is going to take to get the blood-curdling sounds I just heard of a women being sexually assaulted! So they took $20 off my room?!? And that my friends is the MGM's solution to customer service! Speechless!

Original review: April 23, 2017

Play the largest amount and get nothing for hitting it for free - This has gone downhill. The reason they give us 225 per week is because you can't win anymore. People all complaining how bad it is. SAVE YOUR MONEY. DON'T COME HERE. YOU BEEN WARNED.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Just got back from staying at the MGM Grand and all we can say is WOW - what a well placed hotel and casino. The restaurants and shops were amazing and our room was to die for. We will be back soon and cant that the tour company that gave us this trip... Thank You Vacation Internationale and Casablanca Express.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I don't even think this Casino is worth a star at all! I was quietly watching others putting bets on the Roulette table as I was not interested in gambling my money away! I stayed quietly in a corner watching (about 5 or 6 spins) and the dealer (Asian middle age) rudely asked for my ID (I have seen kids, toddlers, babies in stroller). She repeated herself again and again louder and louder and as if my presence was a nuisance! I had all eyes on me at that table! I walked away feeling extremely humiliated! I didn't stand near any of the players! If you would like me to leave, could have just asked nicely because it's not alright to "just stand and watch".

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I will start by saying my husband and I were married at MGM back in 2000. We've stayed here 2-3 times since then without issue. Boy, has it gone downhill FAST. Waited in line forever to check in. Room was small/dirty, shower strongly smelled like mold. We decide to not to deal with it as it would take longer to complain than its worth. My husband spent a few mins in the room charging his phone and then we head downstairs, leaving our bags unpacked and iPhone charger in the wall. When we returned the charger was gone. We searched everywhere. It was clear someone had been in our room and removed it, which was super creepy. We called the front desk and they gave us a 35.00 refund.

Half of their pool complex was closed (this pool complex is the reason we stay here). Lazy river and other parts only open Fri-Mon because they don't want to pay to staff them. (Are you kidding me-how much money do you make!?!) Decided to make the best of it and hang out at the regular rectangle pool and soak up a little sun on a gorgeous 85 degree day. Only to be kicked out (along with 500ish other people) at 5 pm because the pool closes at 5 pm. ALSO, Monte Carlo's pool was closed so their guests had passes to this pool and they still closed down half of the complex and closed early. Bad outweighs the good. We will definitely never stay at the MGM again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

If I could give this hotel no stars I would. My experience here was horrible. I stayed at this hotel for about a week. My first day I waited on a line to check in for about 2 hours. On one of the last days of my visit I was attacked by another guest outside of my room. When I called the police and security to press charges on the girl who assaulted me they thought the right thing to do was to kick the both of us out of the hotel. I have never been so mistreated by a hotel I spent thousands of dollars in. When I asked the security why was I being kicked out and why they did not go over the cameras their answer to me was that they didn't care. It's not their problem.

As me and the other guest who I was sharing a room with gathered our stuff the security guards were saying very awful things to us such as "Get the ** out, go **." When I asked why they were speaking to us like that when we did not do anything their reply was because that's why they love their job because they get to say and do things like this. DO NOT STAY HERE. IT IS HORRIBLE! They also will not give us our security deposit or the 2 nights that we did not stay there back.

Original review: April 26, 2016

When I got to Las Vegas, long line to get a taxi; the taxi driver was very rude when it came to the cab fare. I already estimated through online that the taxi fare from airport to MGM Grand would be between $13-$15. The taxi asked for more than $18; I gave him $20. He opened the trunk and stood there... I asked him to take my one carry on luggage out for me because I tipped him. He said he'll pay me back $0.50! I had to carry my own luggage out of his trunk!

Long check-in line this past Sunday (4/24/2016) at MGM Grand; I asked them to change my room during check in because I had a bad feeling about the room #; which they denied. My room didn't have a bath plug so I couldn't take a bath (I bought my own bath salts looking forward to taking a bath. I called the front desk several times for them to fix and give my bath plug. It wasn't fixed until 6-7 hours later (mind you my stay is for less than 24 hours). Also, their only breakfast place "Avenue Caf" is a crappy restaurant; breakfast was horrible and I paid $25 bucks. Also, the room did not come with coffee maker or tea. Everything at the minibar is locked up; so you can't use their fridge to put your drinks in. Overall, Vegas is a terrible place! and MGM grand is a horrible hotel.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

I was at the MGM Grand in Detroit on the weekend of the 28th of November. I was obviously getting careless while moving around the casino. I got up to change machines thinking that I had grabbed my ticket when I realized I had not. Turned around to find a woman walking quickly passed the machine I had been playing on. Started to freak out. Contacted security and another young man plus Chris from Security helped me to retrace my steps. They looked at a video of the machine I had been at to see me play and saw who took the ticket. It took about 2 1/2 hours total but I still can't believe I walked out of there with all my money. Almost 700.00 that was on that ticket.

I can't thank all those who were involved enough for their kindness, consideration, understanding and vigilance in what seemed to me to be a lesson I would never forget, let alone being able to go home with my money. I wanted to thank the Michigan state police, the detective who spoke with me and all the wonderful personnel from MGM who helped me through this. I was certainly blessed that day. Thanks so much guys. With all the ugliness in this world it did my heart good to see such a positive outcome... can't thank you all enough.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

We've stayed at Circus Circus hotel over 10 times but the last 2 times has been disappointing. I went for my birthday and have to say I will probably give no more chances and stay again. Firstly, our room was freezing and the heat did not work, we called maintenance 2 times and both times said they fixed it but was still cold. Secondly, our water was turned off and didn't go back on for a few hours. Lastly, the cleanliness of the bathroom was very poor and had hair in the bathtub when we checked in.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

I stayed at this hotel over the past weekend. VERY BAD DECISION!!! Before arriving, I was told that I had to pay $280.00 as a deposit for the hotel but I would get that back when I checked out. When arriving I was told that was just part of the fee and I would have to pay the remaining balance. Which was like 500 and something. So I paid that amount no problem.

When I got off the elevator, my impression of this hotel was a total disaster. The carpet was horrible and that was only the beginning. I opened the door which was filthy only to enter the room and it looked gross. The carpet was dirty, it was dark, the sink was dirty and I was totally upset. I called the front desk and they gave me another room, only this was on a different floor. This one was even worse. The room number was slanted and it stunk in the room. At this point, I was furious and wanted my money back but was told that I couldn't get a refund because I had already checked in. So I talked to 2 different managers all which told me there was nothing they could do about it because the west wing is what I reserved. I had no idea it looked like I was staying at a Motel 6. This is not what I was expecting from the MGM.

So finally I just went to the front desk with all of my stuff. One of the managers told me I could upgrade for an additional $30 per night for the grand towers. Reminding you that over the phone they told me it was nothing they could do. At this point, I'm really still just wanting my money back. I've stayed at Treasure Island before and it was 10x better than this. I'm very disappointed that I spent a total of $906 dollars on my entire stay. Oh and the manager laughed at me when I told them the room looked like **. His response was, "Yeah, it is the oldest and it was last updated in 2008." Well I was not impressed at all and I'm glad he thought it was funny. I was next to another family and they were pissed as well and they were told that there were no more rooms available but clearly that was a lie and the managers seem to like playing games with people and their money.

I will never stay here again. This was the worst experience I've ever had here. There was no refrigerator or microwave. If you wanted one there was an additional $25 per day as well. What a joke?! Sorry for such a long complaint but I think customers deserve to know what they are getting themselves into at MGM Grand before spending your money. Below is the response I received on my Yelp complaint. Clearly they still didn't care. For her to say "I hope your stay was enjoyable" was a complete joke.

Original review: May 27, 2015

Immediately upon arriving to check in, we were hit with a $300 check in fee we were not aware of. After debating with the manager **, he lowered the price to $200, and we would get it back when we check out, this of course is not before being rude and nasty. Also the room we had requested for over a month was not available and we got a room, I felt was overpriced for what you were given, not to mention on the side where they are making over rooms by just throwing paint on the walls and hanging up new pictures. This is my 3rd time in Vegas and we chose MGM because of previous stay, but the next time we will give another hotel a try. We put MGM up there with nice hotels, but over the years it seems it just now overhyped conditions and pricing.

Original review: April 15, 2015

I was in MGM playing poker at the Poker Room on Jan. 2, 2015 at 10:43 P.M. I asked ** (blonde hair, eyeglasses) for a table change and the lady sitting next to me also asked for the same thing. A few minutes later, ** came to our table and told the Lady that she could move to another table. I was surprise why ** did that so I told her that I asked for a table change first, the lady concurred. I asked ** nicely why she's moving the lady first. She replied angrily "you got what you want right!" She was rude and unfair.

Original review: March 23, 2015

After speaking to a self-employed, I went to gamble and a younger security female guard denied me access due to the fact she said so.. I asked to speak to supervisor several times. She replied I'm not nobody. I do not drink... So I was not intoxicated.. She was rude. That was the first time she has continued to harass me every time I walk by.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

I came out to MGM grand casino parking garage to find my family van broke into. They stolen my tv radio and busted the passenger window. I felt so violated. They gave a piece of paper that said contact them five days. I'm just want them to pay for my damages.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2015

First off, the room had feces on the carpet and on both sheets. We didn't notice this til morning. Secondly, the second room had signs of bed bugs. Finally, I had food poisoning from the MGM Grand Buffet causing me to lose four days of work, not to mention Doctor's visit and the illness itself. The MGM initially offered a free Suite, great. Then, they said no suite, since I complained about the buffet. This can be found at FB MGM Grand Sucks.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2014

I was simply a victim of racial profiling and verbal sexual harassment obscene language while a guest at the mgm in Detroit. Staff totally embarrassed me and used intimidating gesture toward me when asked to be addressed in a normal manner. I was then made fun of again by other staff like as if I was a joke. OK Lawsuit.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

I will never step foot in MGM Detroit Casino again! All night waitresses frown, roll eyes and rarely offer friendly beverage service. The men who walk around in suits turn their head and never make eye contact when they see you. The old slots are the worst I have seen. For example, I got bonus rounds that gave me 0 credits after several free spins and one I had 28 spins and won less than 2 dollars. This happened many times and to my Husband too! If you value your time, dignity and money don't go there ever!

Original review: April 3, 2014

I booked a room at Circus Circus Las Vegas for 3/28/14. What was supposed to be our family vacation turned into a nightmare. On the day of check-in we decided to go for a swim followed with a fun filled night at the Adventuredome. By 7pm me and my 4 children had wristbands for all day ride pass. By 11pm our fun night had came to an end. My 2 children named Sarah and Armando had gotten seriously hurt on one of Circus Circus newest roller coaster called El Loco. As the roller coaster began to go down at a fast speed, I heard my 2 children screaming and crying.

At the time I thought nothing of it, till the ride had came to a complete stop. My daughter Sarah was bleeding from her mouth & my son had a swollen busted lip. Security provided 2 ice packs, took down a report and pictures of their injuries. All we were given is a report number. Later that night my daughter Sarah woke up crying in severe pain from a loose tooth caused by her injury on the ride. I stayed up with her all night that night till morning. I still haven't heard anything from the casino, not even an apology for a weekend of fun ruined. I took pictures of both children and will be willing to show any attorney interested in the case.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2012

I will never set foot in any MGM owned property any longer. MGM Grand slot attendants annoyingly hover over you, and to top it all off, the idiot security guards do the same thing. It's already bad enough they walk around thinking they are cops! Example, security hovers over you as you’re playing, you get eyes walking around. I mean really, why the hell do I need to feel like I'm a prisoner in a place that I’m spending my hard earned money? Second example, as I ate in the MGM food court, I was sipping on my McDonald’s coffee, relaxing a tad. I suppose because I didn’t eat and run it was a problem, seeing as how a security idiot came up and asked me if I was staying? Umm, I said why. I didn’t know that I had to stay in the MGM to sit and eat! Was there any particular reason I have to be treated and spoken to like a bum who was just sitting there loitering, when you can clearly see my coffee cup was still half full, not to mention the bag next to it with my empty food wrappers.

As I stated earlier, I surely will never set foot on any property owned by MGM ever again, and I absolutely will be having friends, acquaintances and business colleges do the same. How dare you treat someone with such disrespect when they are spending money in your establishment? It's already bad enough everything is ridiculously overpriced!

Original review: March 29, 2012

I arrived just after midnight at MGM and was told that the Queen Executive Suite I booked was unavailable. I searched for weeks for a room, including offers I had received from Wynn and Aria, being an invited guest prior. But I wanted a room with a good amount of space and thus decided on getting a suite.

To have to drive 5 hours to come to the hotel and be told no suites were available is unacceptable. That means the suites were either overbooked or they gave them to other guests even though they had already been booked prior. This shows poor management and definitely poor customer service! I came here to try to relax but the moment I step in this hotel I was met with disappointment. Furthermore, there was nothing anyone could do! That is just completely ridiculous!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2011

I arrived at MGM Grand around 6pm Thursday, October 6, 2011. I dropped my vehicle off in valet to visit with some guests who were in town. About 5.5 hours later I returned to valet to retrieve my vehicle and began a nearly 20 minute wait when my valet ticket number was announced. I was told that the battery on vehicle was dead and I needed to sign consent for valet to jump it. I was a bit concerned being it was a battery that was less than 2 months old. I once again waited around 10 minutes thinking nothing of a dead battery and that it was fully possible they may have left something on and only wanted to correct it. I was again approached by valet who stated they could not get the vehicle started at all. Now I was very concerned. I was escorted downstairs and saw cables hooked up to the engine compartment of my vehicle with an attendant attempting to get it started. They asked if the battery was in the trunk and I replied yes, to which they then proceeded to hook up the jumper cables to the battery and this time hooked it up with a fireworks display and all the power in my vehicle completely shut off. They played with the battery cables and the power came on and the car was started, driven about 15 yards and then again completely shut off. The attendant again played with the cables and once again power was restored.

Whatever these valet attendants did to my vehicle, caused it to no longer long, the alarm no longer works, the key no longer controls the locks or alarm, the interior lights no longer work and I had to purchase a new battery that had been ruined during the jump process. A BMW tech explained that the battery was rendered useless. Looks like parking valet is going to cost me quite a bit to correct all this. On top of it all, the supervisor attempted to explain to me because he owns a BMW that it has to be an issue outside of what his employees did because he knows.

Thanks a lot MGM.

MGM Grand Hotel & Casino Company Information

MGM Grand Hotel
www.mgmgrand.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business