2. Travel

Las Vegas, NV

MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

MGM Grand Hotel & Casino Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MGM Grand Hotel & Casino?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MGM Grand Hotel?

Original review: April 12, 2021

I loved my stay. Customer service amazing. Room amazing although neighbor in room crazy I will definitely stay again and would recommend anyone to stay as well. This hotel is amazing. Loved it although when I booked room showed robes in it. I was a little disappointed that the actual room didn't.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I went as a guest in 2017. Very nice and clean. The staff was helpful and respectful and nice. I would love to have a family event there again. It was a reunion for my niece. It was local and convenient. Some family members drove and some flew. The ones that was out of town stayed and the locals drove home. I have not stayed at a hotel since but if I did this would be my choice. I like to gamble, relax and walk around in a safe environment and peaceful and pleasant atmosphere.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2021

This grand hotel has every amenity tip make your stay an experience. Great restaurants and shopping. Beautiful room and everything you would need or want is within this great hotel. The attention to detail is constantly presented.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Well stayed there July 2, 2020 through July 5, before I got there had an headache cause they didn't know if I had room or not. Then get there shower was so cold. Went to the front desk. I thought they was send someone. Never did some guest got gift bag with mask and Hand sanitizer. I didn't called when got back home. Left message for Supervisor to give me a call and I'm still waiting. Smh. It's crazy.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I was on vacation and I stayed in the Grand Towers of the MGM Grand and the nearest store to my room with the store name front page. Upon entering the store associate I was I was greeted by a sales associate named Tiffany. I was on vacation and I stayed in the Grand Towers of the MGM Grand and the nearest store to my room with the store name front page. I had a list of items that I needed because I left at home and she had product knowledge and my experience was very pleasant and she was very welcoming and friendly. I was in an out less than five minutes. She knew exactly what I was looking for and providing great customer service. It’s really amazing that she remembered me from the convention a couple months ago and I just blew my mind and I was very shocked and happy to see her as well.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I opened this card in January 2019 because I like to go to Las Vegas and was interested in M life Rewards. I use the card sparingly and made payments on time, never having a high utilization. Today I received a notice from Experian regarding a credit limit decrease from First National Bank. I checked my account and was shocked to see that my limit was significantly reduced, which in turn elevated my overall utilization for that card. I called customer service and after waiting for 30 minutes on hold I spoke to a representative.

I explained the situation and they said that they have been seeing this recently, and that First National Bank made this decision based off of information they received from the credit bureaus. He said that a letter was sent to me recently regarding this change however, they did this after the fact. I do not want to do business with a company like this who arbitrarily makes changes to my account which affect my credit. I closed my card right then and there and will never do business with First National Bank again. I will give bad recommendations to everyone I know and especially for those who use the M life Rewards card.

Original review: May 4, 2019

On the way to our room, the carpet in the hotel hallways changed from lovely to old, filthy and stained. It was also obvious it hadn’t been vacuumed and had ground in dirt. Upon entering the room, the carpet was filthy as well. Shower was a dressed up cinder block box. Hot water was non-existent. Housekeeping finally vacuumed halls, but at 8 am, and then banged on the door at 9 am to clean the room. Casino staff was rude, apathetic, and not at all concerned with customer service. When we complained, the front desk didn’t offer an apology, they instead said they would refund the resort fee and nothing more. The only pleasant staff member we encountered was the valet attendant. Needless to say, one night was more than enough! Save your money and stay at another property.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I am very well traveled and tend to frequent casinos all over. I remember when casinos first came to Detroit, & the payouts were fair. Over the years MGM Detroit has programmed their machines to barely pay off or even worst...not pay out at all. Looking at the full scope of things they have about a 12% return on your money on slots which is outrageous. I will never step foot this money pit again and want to warn anyone looking to gamble at a Casino. Don’t even waste your time or money here.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I recently stayed at MGM Grand Hotel in Detroit. My room was 360.00 plus taxes. MGM also requires a 100.00 deposit for incidentals. They refused to allow the use of a microwave unless I gave them additional 20.00. The money is not the issue. It's petty, they try to nickel and dime you every step of the way. They no longer offer discounts to automotive industry employees. The new Coney Island inside Breeze restaurant charges 56.00 for 4 coney's 2 fries and 2 soft drinks. Ridiculous. The general morale of the employees is low, after talking to a few they feel mistreated so going out of their way to accommodate your needs is a low priority. The better value is Motor City Casino or Greektown casino.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We were given a room in the west wing on the first floor (room 554). We checked in and checked out immediately after seeing the room. To say it was dungeon-like is an understatement. The room was $200 plus $30 resort fee for the first night, and $250 plus $30 resort fee for the second night. We were able to move to the Mandalay Bay — a king suite— for the same rate as the dungeon room at MGM Grand. I would never stay at MGM Grand again... A terrible value!

MGM Grand Hotel & Casino Company Information