1.00/5
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

86 Intercontinental Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 12, 2018

I could go on and on how IHG screwed me out of my points, but what's the use. By reading all the other comments it doesn't seem to ever do any good. This is the worst rewards program I have ever used. I have traveled for business and got talked into this program by one of IHG's representatives. I used it and had gathered points until I decided to cash them in and they told me since my account had been idle for 3 months that they had been lost. I was told I needed to check my account more often because emails had been sent telling me they would expire if not used in 90 days or if I hadn't added to them in 90 days. Are you kidding me! I would think the average American doesn't stay in a hotel every 3 months. What a joke!

Original review: May 28, 2018

IHG - InterContinental Hotels Group Holiday Inn Express Gatesville, TX- Review. Where to begin. I have stayed at a few Holiday Inns over the years and other hotel brands with no issues like I experienced at the above hotel in Gatesville, TX. Upon arrive, no air in room and remote was broke- had to move rooms. I had college finals to do online and was told they had free WiFi 'amenity'- it wasnt working. They reset router, then directed me to a 1866 number that was not answering since it was 7 pm on a Sunday- Had to go to McDonald's and complete my homework for 4 hours, using their reliable Wifi.

Wanted to do laundry. Was told detergent could be bought downstairs. We bought it, went to put it in, and was not told that the 'amenity' cost a dollar in quarters. We didn't have change. We went to front desk to get change, the front desk did not have change. We had to go to a store to get change. Breakfast the following morning- We had a two year old in tow who still is on a mostly milk diet in terms of drinks. There was no milk. We waited 20 minutes while the teenage looking boy (if he was an employee, he was not dressed in Holiday Inn logoed attire) went to the store and came back. The milk was gone after about 5 people. Coffee was cold. No microwave to heat it.

Getting a shower in the morning- no vent. Had to wait for steam to clear out. Went to get clothes out of washer and get ice from ice machine. Ice machine was not working- no ice. Kids wanted to swim in pool. Their grandparents took them down. They were told by staff the reason the pool was so green was because the sides and bottom of the pool was painted green and let my kids swim in that! It was a chemical imbalance! I know because my husband is a manager at a pool and spa company! Once I saw the pool I asked management when it would be cleaned- they did not know. The pool was later closed for the rest of the day (and foreseeable future).

We finally decided to check out and go down the street to the Ramada Inn- where I am now writing this review on a working WiFi connection, in an air conditioned room, while my kids swim in a blue, chemically balanced pool! IHG needs to seriously overhaul their Gatesville, TX location. Management was apologetic, but that was about it. There is no oversight going on there. The GM was not present when we were complaining and getting no results. Shame. Shame. SHAME.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Last fall, I read this report: https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/ihg-accounts-hacked-points-stolen/. Then it happened to me. It seems that IHG's points program uses a four digit PIN as the password, that's fine for an ATM on the side of a bank, where anyone trying 10,000 combinations would stick out like a sore thumb, but the lax security measures at IHG's website are quite vulnerable to a bot that can do that many tries in a matter of minutes. I got all kinds of canned apologies over the phone and by email, but no restoration of points, so I'm done with them! Even Wyndham Rewards has better customer service than IHG.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I was trying to make a simple reservation in my home state. I was transferred to a different department. I was kept on the phone for 35 minutes. I was talked into purchasing a family vacation package. They took the money off of my card. 2 days later I got an email saying that I didn't fit their criteria. (2 women raising 7 children) I was told during this call that we did meet eligibility. I still have not gotten my money back.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have been a member of Reward Nights since 2010 and I accrued over 200k miles during my business trips. It was all going fine and on 20th April, I got an email stating that I have 82k points balance. Now when I called up the customer service, they said that the points have expired, strange though they said that it was on 19th April that they expired. What was the email on 20th?? Was it a joke!! The customer service was very adamant and unhelpful and they kept ranting that I should have visited the website on regular basis and that the reminder email about point expiry was not sent due to a technical fault.

It might have gone to my junk folder!! Would you visit IHG if you don't book holidays? Seriously!! Why would important reminders go to junk folder!! I signed up to receive emails and I get an email every month but how come such important emails are not sent. The customer service is an absolute joke as they kept ranting that I should have checked the terms and conditions regularly. They also mentioned that their decision is final and no further help can be received. The email on 20th April HAD no such information that my points are expiring so how on earth I would have known about it. I feel like being cheated and helpless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intercontinental Hotels?

Original review: May 9, 2018

I joined the IHG Points Club a few years ago. I laboriously collected 156,000 points (about 6 hotel stays), sometimes by going out of my way to stay at their hotels. Then my season of travel ended for a while. First week of May 2018, I tried to book a hotel using my points only to find out they were gone. "Customer Service" explained to me that my account sat idle for too long, so the points "expired" with no remedy to reinstate. No email warnings or notices whatsoever. This Loyalty program has caused dis-loyalty. I'll never stay at another IHG Hotel again (inc Holiday Inn).

Original review: April 27, 2018

I am a business traveler and spend 50% of my life living on the road and staying in hotels. For years I stayed (almost) exclusively at Marriot hotels. About 2 months ago, on a whim, I decided to switch to IHG hotels for 2 simple reasons: A business associate raved about the rewards program, and I received a marketing/advertising type email that promised bonus points for signing up. I decided to sign up immediately and even used my IHG membership to book rooms for 4 days that same week. I paid no attention my points.

I eventually booked rooms for several nights the following weeks using my IHG membership and then at some point decided to check my IHG account. All my points were there for my stays, I just didn't see my bonus points. There was however, a message on my app stating I should register to get my bonus points. Well, I was already registered and logged in through the app so I decided to call customer service and get, what I thought was a simple problem, figured out. I was very wrong.

Call #1: I could not understand anything being said. I gave up almost immediately on the call because I asked the customer service representative to repeat her name so I could document our conversation. I believe she replied "twosies blooopax @ 32hundred mip-mip." Her tone sounded sweet and concerned and I told her thank you for trying but I would call back because I was having a hard time understanding her.

Call #2: Although she was very difficult to understand, I believe she said her name was... And I am going to attempt to sound this out... Ca-hal-tee. In any event, I explained my situation and she asked me to confirm the name of the bonus program I signed up for and when. I explained I didn't know the name of it and went through the story again. She asked me the name of the bonus program and date again and I explained again that I didn't know the name and just a rough time frame. She then said she would reset my account and to call back in 1 hour if that didn't work. I asked her if she just didn't want to bother with my issue. She said "yes sir". I asked her if she had no intention of helping me fix my issue. She said "yes thank you sir". I'm about 99% positive that she had no idea what I was trying to communicate to her.

At the end of the call I was transferred to a survey automation. I left a detailed voice message outlining my frustration and asked to be contacted directly. I left my contact information but have not heard anything from the IHG group. I have no intention of calling back and going through that again. I have booked several stays for this coming week but have decided they will be my last if I do not get some resolution. I'm just not comfortable spending the amount of money that I do with a company who has customer service as poor as this. I stayed in hotels 127 days out of the 2017 calendar year and never had this much trouble when dealing with Marriot.

From what I have read, there are some bonus programs that are don't always transfer points accordingly. Sometimes it's tough to get resolved. I've also read that there are bogus spam emails that promise IHG points that are not truly affiliated with IHG. If that was the case I would have loved to have been told that on my first call. My gut, however, tells me that I just need something corrected to transfer my points. At this point I don't even remember if it was 1000 points, 5000 points or 10,000 points because at the time I signed up I had no sense of the point system or value. IHG, if you're out there... I enjoy your hotels and have found them more convenient in terms of locations for my travel than Marriot. I will be, however, going back to Marriot if this isn't resolved by the time I return from my trip next week... Which by the way will include staying at IHG hotels.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I made a hotel reservation at Crowne Plaza LAX and was then transferred over to what I thought was a IHG representative for Holiday Inn. I was advised that since I was an IHG member, Holiday Inn had some newly remodeled resorts where they wanted IHG members to provide their honest feedback. Just walk the resort. No sit down presentation. Not a timeshare. For $199 I could choose from 10 locations. For the call just choose one. This turned out to be a scam. They are not affiliated with Holiday Inn (I used the Holiday Inn website and Orlando resort as a reference for my questions on the phone call.).

When I tried to cancel the transaction within 72 hours due to misrepresentation on what was being sold, I was told to email Customer review at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Customer review just sent an email that sale is non-refundable. They did not even address any of the misrepresentations their representatives made to me on the phone. They said just book a vacation. Statements made on the phone were contradicted by the information sent with the confirmation email. They said anything to make the sale; Holiday Inn, No Resort Fees, Free Transportation, Fee for changing location, etc. Below are my notes and why I feel the information I was told does not match what is in the documentation and misrepresentation. The original call was over 20 minutes.

After I made a reservation at the Crowne Plaza at LAX, I was transferred over to what I thought was a IHG representative. (I did not get the gentleman's name.) He said since I was a long standing member of IHG that Holiday Inn had several newly remodeled resorts that Holiday Inn wanted to get IHG members opinions on. Confirmation email states "The Holiday Inn Club® program and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® resorts are independently owned, operated and marketed and are not owned, operated or marketed by the owner of the Holiday Inn ® brand."

He named several locations and which one would we be interested in. Name one so I said Orlando. We can change the destination as the email will list 10 resort area. No mention that this is a charge for changing the destination ($19.95 in tBased on the website information, I asked about resort fees he document). The email did not have a list of 10 resort areas.

Resort is within 1 mile of theme parks. Based on the representative statement in item 1 above, I had the Holiday Inn Resort Buena Vista website up thinking this would be the resort. Based on the website information, I asked about resort fees and transportation. He said No Resort Fee. (The document attached to the confirmation email states resort fees can be $5 to $42 a day). The website state transportation to the theme parks is in the resort fee so I asked about transportation cost to the parks. He said free transportation. Also would receive discounts for all of the theme parks.

Representative advised no blackout dates. However failed to mention the following that was in the email document. Season reservations incur an additional $29 per night fee. 2018 Peak Season Dates: 3/16/2018-4/8/2018, 11/22/2018-11/25/2018, 12/21/2018-1/1/2019. Scottsdale Only: 1/1/2018 -4/8/2018. All Sites (excluding Las Vegas and Scottsdale): 6/15/2018-8/18/2018. Gatlinburg Only: 10/1/2018-10/31/2018.

I asked if this was a timeshare. No timeshare has a bad meaning. We would take a tour (no sit down meeting). Email has "To fulfill the terms of this offer, you are required to attend a timeshare sales presentation lasting approximately one to two hours depending on package purchased." I advised the representative that my husband was starting chemo so he said the offer would be good thru 11/2019. The 1st confirmation email stated travel window was thru 4/2019. When I called yesterday and spoke with a Patricia, she said to wait for the 2nd email and it should have the correct travel window. She could not do anything. However when I called the next day after I received the 2nd email and spoke with the rep and said I wanted to cancel this transaction and started to list the misrepresentations, the first thing she said she did was change the travel window to 11/2019.

When the sales representative stated that we would have to pay all fees and expenses if we did not qualify, I advised him that I wanted to cancel. He said since he had taken my credit card information, he had to get the floor supervisor. Amanda came on the line. I said this sounds like a timeshare. Timeshare has a bad name. We talked about this not being a timeshare presentation. No sit down meeting. She said she would put a note that there are no additional fees. When I spoke with the representative this morning, she advised there would be taxes. No mention of taxes on prior phone calls.

I have filed a charge dispute with my credit card company due to product misrepresentation. I also filed a complaint with IHG and the Federal Trade Commission. This whole experience has left a bad taste in our mouths. And confirms even more the distasteful way companies are trying to trick people into timeshares. I am not happy with Crowne Plaza or rather IHG for presenting the call like it was a bonus. As a IHG member (now former), I was assured that as a IHG member my satisfaction is important during the pitch. I am still awaiting a response from them.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I stayed at one of the IHG hotels for one night. Since then I have been receiving spam emails from IGH Rewards Club, usually more than one a week. The link to unsubscribe does not function. I never had an interest in or gave permission to be enrolled in this "club." I finally had to call the 888 number to "cancel" something to which I never subscribed. The person who answered the phone was very friendly and she said that I will lose all my points if I un-enroll. That doesn't matter because, in the first place I never joined, and because I will never stay in an IHG property again because of this invasive and sneaky marketing tactic.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I signed up for the rewards program in 2010 and the points were never supposed to expire. I have a business trip coming up and I needed to use my points that I had accumulated from a 3.5 month stay. When I tried to redeem them, their policy had changed and my points had expired. I checked my email and the messages on the online account and never received any communication that my points would now expire.

I have searched all forms of supposed communication several ways. Customer service management only repeated the same lines over and over again and refused to do anything to accommodate my lost points. Their tone became more rude as I was talked over, and talked to me like I had no legitimate claim to these points, even though I had never received any notification at all of the points expiring. If I ever had been notified, I would have dropped the issue and moved on, although disappointed. I will never stay at a hotel in this group again.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have acquired well over 500,000 IHG (formerly Priority Club) points over years of domestic and international travel. I checked the balance on June 26, 2017 and it was a little over 439,000 points. I tried to check the balance again on November 4, 2017 and was directed to get a new PIN. When the new PIN arrived via EMAIL, my balance was still 439,000. My take-away from this is that IHG had/has my valid email address on file.

On March 28, 2018, I checked my balance again and found it was ZERO. I called the listed number for Customer Support (sic) and reached Jenny (sic) in the Philippines. I asked to be transferred to someone in the US because her English was atrocious, but to no avail. I spoke with her Supervisor, April (sic), who told me that an auto email had been sent to me telling me of the impending clawing back due to account inactivity. I told her that I received no such email. Did she have proof that it went out and/or that I received it?

I told her that I was be stupid to ignore such an email alert, since I have responded to other such alerts sent by other hotel chains due to inactivity - that it is not logical that I would allow 439,000 pts to evaporate without taking any action. I asked to speak to someone in authority, but unfortunately, the non-empathetic April was "it". I will pursue all legal options to regain my confiscated points. IS THERE AN APPETITE FOR CLASS ACTION HERE? I am certain that there are hundreds or thousands of others in our same situation. Together, we could stand a chance.

Original review: April 5, 2018

It was our ten year wedding anniversary and our room at the InterContinental Paris Le Grande was booked months in advance. I had read great things about this hotel and wanted to give my wife a great experience during our first trip to Paris. I live about a third of my life in IHG hotels so I've racked up a bunch of points and am a Spire Elite Rewards member. Unfortunately none of that mattered. We had gone up to Belgium to stay for a few days and were preparing to come down to Paris and stay at the Le Grand. The day before we were to arrive and check in, I got an email saying my reservation had been cancelled. What?

IHG customer service was unfortunately of no help at all nor was this hotel. It turned out that there wasn't any availability anywhere in Paris for these nights which must have been the reason for our mysterious cancellation. Obviously this hotel had a slightly more profitable week by booting us, but that was a pretty brutal experience to have happen on your anniversary. As such, I will NEVER spend another dime in an IHG hotel again. And if they'll do that to their highest level of rewards members, they'll do it to anyone who's not the crown prince of Morocco.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I had a bunch of points with IHG rewards. I was told my points never expire. Today I called in to book my room using my points and they told me my points expired. They never contacted me to warn me my points were expiring. They had horrible customer service and communication. Told me I was SOL.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I was transferred to IHG sales rep on the phone after reserving a weekend away at a Holiday Inn in Red Deer, Alberta back in September 2017. The rep I spoke with told me I was entitled to a “Deeply discounted VIP package” to an IHG property anywhere in the U.S. I have not yet booked my vacation package. Here is my issue: I will not be forced to book a trip within a time constraint and I told this to the IHG Rep (J. **) back in September 2017 via phone conversation (mistake #1).

J. ** indicated to me that he would leave the trip offer open ended which was obviously a lie because the email I received after our phone conversation indicated the trip had to be booked within 12 months. I am demanding a refund for the charge to my Mastercard now. But now IHG is purposely wasting my time by continuously transferring my claim between reps so that by the time this issue gets resolved the 12 month expiry date will have lapsed. These people should be arrested!! I will no longer be an IHG customer!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Is there any appetite for filing a CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT against these **? Just like others, my points (117,000 Points - the equivalency of 4 or 5 nights) automatically expired due to inactivity... BUT the fine print (and even the large print) said points do not expire, when I signed up for the rewards program. They purportedly emailed me of the upcoming change to their Terms and Conditions. Oh yeah? I’m still looking for that email. You'd think they’d at least grandfather points accumulated, but they’d rather piss off frequent customers. Any lawyers out there?

Original review: March 11, 2018

When I went to use my reward points I was sadly disappointed. Points do not get you rooms, they get you small discounts on rooms, if they are even accepted. Ex: 20,000 points will get you a $18 discount for one night. Also, many (all) hotels limit the rooms types. Can't use points for a room upgrade, or even just 2 beds instead of one. It's a sad rewards program.

Original review: March 8, 2018

IHG's Rewards Program changed and they claim to have sent out email to members of a program change. I (and many, many others - just check the internet) NEVER received such email. They STOLE 55,000 rewards points from me and refuse to return. IN MY OPINION, what a horribly dishonest company. Travelers should know what type organization they are dealing with - and vote AGAINST them by... NOT BOOKING ROOMS TO SEND A MESSAGE. Support HONEST organizations, not tricky, deceitful ones.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Very dissatisfied with the experience of Intercontinental Hotels (corporate of Holiday Inn). We just experienced the IHG Reward Club Scam! Disgusting and frustrating, this large corporation DELETES accumulated points from accounts intentionally and without written notification. When the IHG Reward Points are deleted, it is a corporate savings, but a LOSS to their customer. We paid $25 in the 1980's to join Holiday Inn Priority Club. We were told that our points would NEVER expire! We should have been "grandfathered in" when there were any changes to the rewards program because we PAID to be a member and have accumulated points for many years.

We used points for a free night in 2015 in Clarksville, Arkansas. We still had a sizeable balance of points. TODAY my balance on my Rewards account is ZERO. WHY "steal" points from your customers? I phoned and spoke to a supervisor in customer service who refused to restore these points although her search of the history of our account revealed this balance. IHG thinks they have won this battle, but they have LOST the war. SAD, MONEY-GRABBING CORPORATION with NO CONCERN for LOYAL LONGTIME CUSTOMERS!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

While I saw myself alone, experiencing what I call the IHG Reward Club scam, I now learned that this has gone on since at least 5 years! Amazing and more frustrating, such a large corporation doesn't care to solve the situation or... is it possible that such a scam is intentional? After all, if the IHG Reward Points do disappear... It could be just corporate saving. I have been a Crowne Plaza customer for a long time, enjoyed all hotels throughout the Middle East until I couldn't access my account (Dec. 12th, 2017). During subsequent message with Kimberley, Laine, Carlo, Marieson, Daniel, Jamee and Jhoanna, all Reward Club Supervisor, I was told that my account is frozen, my account is transferred to the "Special Team". One other time it was transferred to the "Fraud Department".

Indeed, they all wished me a nice day and they all wish me to see me again in an IHG hotel... but no other info except that “We will let you know…” So, be aware. Be it intentional or accidental, this disappearance is fully of the IHG Reward Club responsibility and I am amazed of the lack of professionalism at acting and settling this matter and IHG isn't really interested to solve this! In the meantime, I have re-activated my Carlson Club account (Radisson hotel chain). So far, they don't lose their customer reward points.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

First off Chase/IHG offered IHG Mastercard and points that guaranteed Spire Elite for life during the promotion...never happened. I was Spire Elite for only 1 year and removed from that status without notification. When I called IHG I was told to refer to Chase, who told me to refer back to IHG...waste of time. IHG then ran accelerate program to help you earn points towards promotions and status...stays, etc. Only to find out that despite my points level going up each tier showing how much was needed to get back to Spire Elite, after I completed the program and earned enough points according to the site, I was not upgraded to Spire Elite and when I contacted IHG I was then told bonus points don't go towards status which is not what it showed on my log in.

Bunch of bull malarkey... Would not recommend this program as they change the points programs and don't honor the programs the way they are advertised to accomplish advancements. The accelerate program does nothing except make you spend more money with the chain and the only thing you can get is a free night...points will not help you gain status towards your next level and the way they advertise it is that it will help you advance faster. I fell for it. I hope others do not.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

IHG hotel reward program is cheating. I am an IHG hotel reward member, I have quite lot of points left, I stayed the hotel 12/28/2016, and 11/28-12/01 /2017, but my points have been expired (IHG says points will be expired 12 months if no activity). I called them, my non-activity period is 11 months, less than 12 months. Then, they said I booked the hotel on 11/2016 (although I stayed on 12/28/2016). They do not consider staying hotel as an effective activity.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

When I needed to change the location of my Holiday Inn abroad, I was unknowingly charged for both locations. I couldn't contact the hotel directly because I do not speak the local language. When I contacted IHG I was harassed and disrespected, and they were not able to refund this unverified charge. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I called to see if I had enough points for a free room and to make a hotel reservation. I was told that I would be able to stay 2 nights at Holiday Inn Express for $115 + tax + 15,000 points. I clarified verbally that one night was free, the other was $115 + tax. She answered: "Yes!" She also said I could cancel by 6:00 the evening before without penalty. A few days later I saw that my credit card was charged for $230. I called to check on it and was told: "No, it is $230 and $30,000 points." This didn't save me a thing and used all my points! Since this was a week before my reservation, I decided to cancel. I was then told I could not get my money back and they would just give me points.

NOT ACCEPTABLE! After a very LONG time on the phone I finally got them to cancel and refund my money but lose my points - against their policy. Policy or not, their representative gave me false information on which I made my choice. They did not honor their word and fought to keep MY money! After being a platinum member for many years I am now switching to another hotel chain.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This is the worst service ever. I spoke with 6 different people about my reservation that was put under someone else (**) when supposedly the rep remind you. The 5th rep was transferring my call to a supervisor Ms.** who didn't speak clear English. Couldn't help nor fix the problem from the error. I was put on hold again to speak with another manager. I am so over IHG. We had problem during our summer vacation with reservation and now again the same issue.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Don't ever stay with any of the hotels operated by this horrible conglomerate!! They made changes to their rewards in Jan 2017 and never communicated with me even after I had purchased more points in order to keep the ones I already had. Spoke to customer service (Mimi) and she had no compassion as they stole my money!! I of course canceled my account and will never stay with them again. I would give them negative stars if I could!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Just went to visit daughter in Washington state October 5-8th. This was for family weekend. Knowing that hotels would sellout I booked my room at the end of August, 2 months prior. I did this to ensure a room and a good price. The day we arrived, we were arriving very late. I called the hotel early afternoon and said our flight doesn't get in until 11:30 pm we'll probably be at the hotel at 12:30 a.m. When we arrived they had given away our room and said it was their policy to do first come first serve (as far as physically arriving, even though we had booked 2 months in advance and called them about a late check in).

They sent us to a hotel across the street and said they would pay for the first night. The other hotel after the first night was about double cost per night than what I had booked, not to mention horrible beds. Anyway, when we were done with our visit, I received an email to do a mobile checkout for my stay at Holiday Inn! I called the customer service whom told me I was a no show! Then they put me on hold to call the manager to make sure I wasn't a no show. I do not trust they didn't charge my card. I'm going to double check. I will never stay at another IHG/Holiday Inn hotel again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I wanted to use my points which I paid cash for to book several nights at a hotel. I was told there are rooms available but I can only use my points for one night. So if I have points which I paid for which is almost like cash, why can't I use them. If I didn't belong to IHG I could just use cash and book the rooms I wanted. So why am I in a club, because dollar for dollar there is no advantage? IHG could not help and did not offer me any compensation.

I have been a club member for several years now and I am finding that there is no advantage to joining this club. If you use cash there is more availability and you are paying the same amount if you do a comparison, and there are no yearly fees. Do yourself a favor. Don’t join this club. The salesperson didn’t tell us all the details. He made us understand we could use it at any hotel which you can’t. IHG just adds a whole another layer of confusion which you do not need. I have found it easier just to book the hotel using Expedia or call the hotel directly and this applies to cruises as well.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have repeatedly tried to contact the hotel to claim a refund for a booking at the hotel. This trip was canceled a couple of days before Irma struck!!! The hotel has taken 1300$ expecting me to risk my life in a storm that everyone else was desperately trying to avoid. Can anyone help???

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Having been a member of the Priority Club since 1988, I was shocked when I found my points balance went from 213,000 to 0. I have lost points with other clubs in the past, but have always been notified by email or letter. Called the rewards center and was told that I was notified through email that these points were in jeopardy in 2016. Checked every email folder back to 2014... No email in any folder. I asked them for a copy of the email they sent... They don't have a copy.

Escalated to the supervisor, no help. Escalated to the manager. Told me that it was not my fault for not checking the website. I have been retired 3 years and am just now starting to travel again. I told them I log in to the website when I need to book something, not to check my points. Called their corporate office and was more politely that it was my fault for not logging in to my website. 30 years of staying at Holiday Inns and I have no point after receiving no notification. I call that theft.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

This company uses lots of tactics to get your money. They outsource customer service to India and other country putting at risk US citizens and giving them the worse customer service possible. I was a member and dropped their membership due to inaccurate charges in my Chase Account. I had to cancel the Chase credit card also since they couldn't do anything for me either. In the future I will not do any business with any of their hotel chain. These are scammers and the US government has no jurisdiction. BUYER BEWARE! Do business with American companies that when you call customer service you speak to someone in the States. Not people in the other part of the world.

Intercontinental Hotels Company Information