2.6/5 (80 ratings)

About Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hawaiian Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hawaiian Airlines?

Original review: June 20, 2022

I have been requesting a refund for a year now. Hawaiian Air keeps saying fill out a form. I have done 3 forms to date and still no refund. I have been spending hours and days on this. I will never fly Hawaiian Air ever again. No one is following through with just telling my credit card company "Yes it is a refund". They really don't care!!!!

Original review: June 13, 2022

While booking flight promotion popped up saying I could receive 300.00 off this flight by apply for Hawaiian credit card master card. Long story short did apply and was approved. While booking a screen popped up saying I was approved. When I went to pay for my flight nowhere to deduct the amount of 300 dollars. After waiting hours to call the open at 0800 office was passed around to different departments till I insisted on a manager. He said he would hold the fair at the 300 price for 3 days. Told him the email said I wouldn’t get the card for 7-10 days. He said wasn’t anything else he could do. Then I had to go to the underwriter of the card Barclays to cancel card and not be charged the 100.00/yr subscription cost for the card. This entire scam started and ended over a 5 hour period of time speaking to different departments. This is consumer bait and switch scam.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Have flown every airline and Hawaiian is the absolute worst! Paid for premium economy and was no different than economy. Same seats, same food and we were told we could not stretch our legs because the area in front of our seats was considered a walk way. Booked 6 months in advance and chose flight based on available seats. When we were boarding instead of the front row we reserved they changed our seats to the back. Unacceptable!!!!

Original review: June 6, 2022

They refused to refund my return ticket while I paid for the fare difference above and beyond my travel credit. They are offering only travel credits now. Please learn something from Southwest Airlines!!

Original review: May 17, 2022

I was on chat with a representative with Hawaiian Airlines regarding booking a flight and the discounts the offer if apply and approved for a Hawaiian airlines card and miles account. Representative advised me to put a fare hold on and purchase the tickets once I received my card and companion discount. Did as two representatives advised and first did not get the card on the date as promise and paid for expedite mail and then when I attempted to apply the discount, they told me that it would not apply to a held flight, that I can pay full price and use the coupon on another date or cancel the hold and pay the higher airfare fee. So I am being held accountable for their agent's misinformation. Horrible customer service and does not hold their agents accountable. Did not book, because they will not get anymore money out of me.

Original review: March 13, 2022

For medical reasons, we could not get to Hawaii. Wearing a mask raises blood pressure. My husband was a risk for a repeat of a retina vein occlusion which had already caused partial lost of sight. Masks were not supposed to be required when the reservation was made. After long hours on hold and then providing the medical information needed, Hawaiian Air would still not refund. We had already had to pay a high rate for a reschedule to get a time when the restrictions would be less. There is no refund although COVID related. I would use another airline to travel between islands. There is long, long wait on hold for customer service with no help on automated chat.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Horrible customer service. False prices advertised. Unprofessional. Pheohoebe (supervisor) clueless and unprofessional. Customer service is non existent. They claim they can not see what is displayed on their own website!!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

My husband and I flew Hawaiian Airlines last Jan 25, 2022 out of San Jose airport and we had the best experience in checking in. Everyone at the counter were very helpful and friendly. It’s been one of the best travel experience we had. Cabin crews were also very friendly. Will fly Hawaiian Airlines again and will choose San Jose airport.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

During Covid times, we were made to wait over an hour on the hot tarmac in Maui while they fueled the plane. They was no air flow & they made us open all the windows making it even hotter. We could’ve waited in the airport. This was unbearable and unnecessary.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Impossible to reach customer service. They canceled my flight but I can't reach anyone to receive a refund. When I did finally get someone on the phone, the call was disconnected before a refund was processed. They didn't call me back and the wait to speak to a representative no matter when I call is almost two hours long. I've tried both chat and text customer service options. They responded over 36 hours later when I was asleep and closed the thread before I responded a couple hours later. This has happened three times! Not even given a chance to respond and I still do not have a flight or a refund!

Hawaiian Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

Headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaiian Airlines is the eighth-largest commercial airline in the U.S. It has the distinction of being the oldest U.S. carrier to have avoided a fatal crash.

• Island destination: Hawaiian Airlines offers nonstop service to Hawaii. Travelers can book flights from major cities in North America, Asia and the South Pacific.

• VIP club: Buying an annual membership in the Premium Club gives passengers access to early boarding, additional free checked baggage and more.

• Vacation packages: Book a flight to Hawaii and entertainment, such as cruises or tours, all at the same time.

• Regional service: Hawaiian Airlines offers flights into Honolulu and flights between all of the islands for local travel.

• Delightful food and drink: Food and beverages are not only included, they are also delicious. A sommelier and chef choose each menu item and its wine pairing.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Hawaiian Airlines Company Information