2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.46/5

Hawaiian Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hawaiian Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hawaiian Airlines?

Original review: April 30, 2020

Hawaiian has canceled my flight but they refuse to provide a refund. They want me to accept a voucher. I only fly to Hawaii every other year so a voucher Is not practical. They are willing to accept 625 million in aid to help pay employees. Every time I call I reach an agent based in the Philippines. So it appears that the US tax payers will be indirectly sending money to Non-US citizens.

Original review: April 25, 2020

No details are available until we hear from you on how you can help us. We can't get a refund from Hawaiian Airlines... So we're are requesting someone to help us get a refund for our airline tickets.

Original review: March 26, 2020

We had to change out flights due to covid19 and this airline had the audacity to charge us more on top of our schedule flights already to reschedule. We can not go to Hawaii for May as planned and we had to reschedule but they are doing us a favor by allowing us to change the flight once only and by doing us a favor they mean charge us more for rescheduling. We don't even know if we are going to be able to fly on the new dates and if we can not we will lose our tickets. First and last time I fly with them.

Original review: March 21, 2020

This airline is by far the best airline to fly on. I have flown on Hawaiian eight times and every time, the experience has been awesome. The flight attendants are the best in the industry. I have never had any problems during my flights and the attendants are very attentive to the passengers. The food and entertainment are fantastic. Up to date movies on every flight and the food is really good. I wouldn’t fly with anyone else to Hawaii.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Was scheduled on HA 25 to HNL this morning. Depart at 9:00 am. Had not boarded yet at 9:00. They announced the delay due to servicing the cabin and would leave at 10:00 am. At 11:00 am they canceled the flight. Took another hour to get our luggage. Spent over 5 hours at the airport for nothing. Lost our first class tickets. (No other flights had First Class available) They were not very helpful in re-booking us and offered no kind of compensation. Hopefully we get out tomorrow in coach. Hoping they will refund the fare difference.

The desk agents seemed clueless on customer service skill. Didn't even apologize or offer anything. No reasons given for the cancelation. It was not a mechanical issue. Some of the flight attendants were also waiting in the boarding area. Never saw the captains. I think it was a cleaning issue even though the plane had been at the gate overnight.

Original review: March 8, 2020

On 3/5/2020 I purchased 2 round trip tickets to Honolulu online that totaled 435.00 for my husband and I. After I paid for the 2 tickets my itinerary, was confirmed, I noticed on the right side of the screen, it read there was an error and to call Hawaiian Airlines in which I did. The person that I spoke with, I explained to her that I purchased my 2 tickets with no problem online and was baffled as to why the error message appeared. This supposedly Hawaiian Airlines Customer Service person never explained NOTHING to me, she place me on hold for a good 10 minutes returned back to the call and said, "Ok, now it’s taken care of." Now after all of this, Hawaiian Airlines states that they have record of only 2 tickets paid, with no other transactions on record. I will seek a full refund and report this Hawaiian Airlines if I don’t receive my 435.00 that they stoled from me my American Express Card.

Hawaiian Airlines employees are not trustworthy, someone is pocketing this money. I have proof that my Card was charged an additional 435.00, it also overdrew my account 111.00. Please please please do not pay with a prepaid card. And copy every single document concerning Hawaiian Airlines. They will only deny there wrong doing. I have proof from my bank that Hawaiian Airlines did this and they continue refuse to pay. 99.00 for a ticket is not worth them stealing 435.00. SMH????‍

Today 3/7/2020 I received an email that my prepaid AE card was overdrawn by 111.00, I was totally shocked. My direct deposit was 800.00. My 2 tickets that I purchased each were 217.80 round trip totaling 435.80. I called Hawaiian Airlines, they denied the additional (2) 217.80 charges, I called on several different occasions requesting to speak with a supervisor, and each time, I was placed on hold, for 3-5 minutes to be told that there was no supervisor available.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Seating issues. I live in Hawaii and noticed over time Hawaiian airlines priority has switched from aloha to greed. One must also consider cost to airlines. With most airlines one cannot expect restaurant quality food but one thing stands out above the rest, the seating. The coach seating on Hawaiian is without a doubt the tightest of any airlines i have flown ( including Hawaiians air craft prior to 2017).

The majority of my fellow passengers appear as though they are quite uncomfortable tossing, twisting and unable to find a comfortable position. With a 2600 mile (minimum) flight to the mainland (5 hours plus) seniors and people with mobility issues (many over 50) are going to have a rough go of it. I have PAD (peripheral artery disease) or blocked arteries. Others are 6' tall or over and others may be a bit heavy in the bread basket. That being said my wife is only 5.2" 120 lbs and she has problems maneuvering in the sets which are as hard as metal card table chairs. I would like to support Hawaiian but but the cattle car packing of passengers like this is just greed .Coach seating is extremely uncomfortable and likely a health issue.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I have been flying Hawaiian Air exclusively except for a few occasions, since we moved to HI 12 years ago. I am fortunate to be an elite member since I travel to and from CA on business 5-8 times a year. Lately, it's been quite disappointing for the following reasons: 1) They have new aircrafts that have seats so close together that even at 5'2, I cannot bend over to pick up my bag that is placed under the seat in front of me if I am in the main cabin (lowest fare). I have to bend over the next person's lap to reach my bag (hopefully it's my husband or family, but usually I'm travelling alone) or I have to maneuver my foot to try to get it close enough to reach the handle of my bag - that's a shame - what about taller people? If the person in front reclines the seat, I'm SOL - my foot or toes better be able to grab the handle of my bag. As funny as it sounds, it is the TRUTH.

2) The food...they claim they're the only airlines that serve food - yes. In the past, the food was OK. Now, it's a foccacia sandwich with a sliver of egg or ham and tomato, but it's free. Ok, I'll bring my own food 3) They now have 4 different levels of airfare to choose from. They try to get you with the low restricted fare, then the main fare around $30-$50 more, then the upgraded fare with 4" more legroom, lastly first class. I usually get upgraded since I am an elite member, but when I travel with my husband, that's different story.

I can get upgraded, he won't, so I usually pay for an upgrade for him as he is much taller than I am, but in order to sit next to him, I have to pay for an upgrade that I usually will get for free, otherwise, we don't sit together. REALLY???? We have been flying Southwest and truthfully, although we don't get to pick our seats, the experience has been a BREATH OF FRESH AIR. I'll be using up my Hawaiian Air miles and then I feel I will use up my points on Hawaiian. Oh 1 more thing - the seats on Hawaiian are hard as heck - my butt fell asleep - no joke!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Flight cancelled and have been on the phone @ 2:00AM till 4:00AM. Flight was cancelled and I have not had much luck changing reservations. I finally got my reservation and tried to change my friend's but Paris said I could not change hers. She would have to call in. I told her to put a hold on seat 15D. When Sandra ** finally reached them and authorized my changing her flight and I called back they did not hold seat 15D. Needless to say I am very upset. Would like to be compensated in some way. We are flying on April 25th to Hawaiian again on flight HA3. Could you upgrade us to first class @ no extra charge.. It would be very nice as compensation. You could change our seats to first class with no added expense. I would be most appreciative.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Hi, I am writing to complain about getting a full refund because of Wuhan coronavirus outbreak in China. As you can see from the attachment, I cancelled all the flights, Airbnb reservations because of this epidemic outbreak. I called Hawaii Airlines a fews time and I was told at the moment they do not have travel waivers due to this coronavirus in China and cannot preempt something that is not in black and white. This does not making any sense!!! I even got my return flight cancelled from Honolulu to San Jose. It seems like a lot of airlines are aware of this important issue and have been addressed it through free cancellation and get a full refund right away. To highly address this issue, I would like to request a full refund as I mentioned above. If you are unable to resolve the matter, I will report to US Department of Transportation.

Hawaiian Airlines Company Information