Global Travel International
1.29/5
Based on 34 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Global Travel International

67 Global Travel International Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 6, 2018

I signed up for GTI silver and the pro bundle for a 14 day trial. When sent my “temporary“ login I was unable to use it. I called and was instructed to call then next day during business hour which I did. The female stated that she will request my login information and send it via email. I did not receive my login information until five days after I signed up. Once I logged in and saw what The site was about I decided that GTI was not for me. I called to cancel my subscriptions to both the silver and pro bundle. I received a confirmation number over the phone stating that the silver package had been canceled however they would have to escalate the cancellation of the pro bundle. The representative stated that I should receive a email confirmation once it had been canceled within 24 hours.

I waited 72 hours before calling back again to verified that it had been canceled. I was informed that It had not been canceled and that they would escalate it again. I became very irate with the representative and asked multiple times to speak with a supervisor. She informed me that she could not provide a supervisor and that I can have a nice day. I am informed the representative that I did not want to disconnect the call until I had a confirmation number stating that the pro bundle was cancelled before I was going to be charged for the service that I did not what any longer. She stated that she could not put a supervisor on the phone and that she could not guarantee a supervisor would give me a callback. I then called again 24 hours later and was stated the same thing that it had not been canceled and that they would escalated and I would have to wait 24 hours.

Fast forward May 6 at 3:14 in the morning my credit card was going to be charged $199 for services that I had canceled well in advance before the trial ended. I have called multiple times after and still to no avail have I received any person on the phone or a callback. This is fraud and I believe that the consumer affairs and Better Business Bureau and all other entities should definitely look into the fake business practices that this company has.

I had already suspected that my credit card was going to be charged and I had contacted my banking institution inform them that I did not want this entity to be taking any money out of my account. Luckily I was able to prevent it. However now I am forced to get a new credit card information because the bank even labeled it as fraud so not only did I have to waste my time calling GTI over 8+ times but, now this has inconvenienced me with my whole banking system because now I have to reroute all my personal banking things because I have to get a new account number. Please be aware of this company. They are frauds. They are scammers.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I signed up for GTI after reading these reviews so I expected some issues but had the mindset "nothing ventured, nothing gained". I've been pleasantly surprised as well as severely irritated in the past month since signing up. I have had customer service issues including them charging my card twice but GTI refunded it immediately. The bottom line is that I AM getting discounts on travel. The $199 has been made up for in my travel savings and commissions on travel that I'd already booked.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2018

WORST COMPANY EVER!!! So I made reservations with this company on 2/7/2018 for a hotel 3/17/2018. These people call me TODAY telling me my hotel was overbooked and they had to put me in another hotel. Ok no problem. That was at 12 noon. It is now 10:16 pm and they close at 11pm. I have been calling for the last 8 hours and they have been giving me the runaround. The day before my arrival. Can you believe this??? My flight leaves in a few and I still do not have a hotel. I called and the hotel has no record of my reservation. I have been calling and emailing this company for the last 8 hours and all they keep telling me is they waiting. My flight leaves in a few and ALL of the hotels in New Orleans are BOOKED!!! I asked the lady for a refund and she tells me. They don't do refunds. WTF. I am so frustrated right now. If anyone can reach out to me and tell me if I have a lawsuit or what I need to do? I have recorded conversations and emails.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

All we received for all the thousands of dollars we spent on a membership is frustration and aggravation. They claim that they have lots of locations and reservations to choose from. They have never been able to accommodate any reservations for us despite what they claim. Whatever you do, do not sign up with Global Travel!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

We made a hotel reservation for Hampton Inn thru a website called 'HotelPower.com' and received an email confirmation for our booking. It looked like a regular website and email confirmation like the ones we have done before. when we arrived at the Hotel, Hampton Inn had no information about our reservation. The confirmation number given to us was a combination of letters and numbers. Hampton Inn said that their confirmation number was always 6 digit. We looked at the confirmation email which stated that Hotel Power made the booking through a third party called - HotelPro.

There was a number provided which we called and were told that the reservation was actually made at Country Inn although the email confirmed that it was Hampton Inn. HotelPro refused to help and rectify the error. It was not their problem. After many calls and conversations with HotelPower, we were able to cancel the Country Inn and reserve with Hampton Inn at a higher rate. Please be aware of unknown websites which are not valid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Travel?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I went onto Trivago. Found a best deal hotel through GTI's company Hotel Power. I was charged and received a confirmation notice. I called Hotel Power just to make sure and they verbally confirmed and re-sent me another confirmation. Got to the hotel and they told me there is no reservation. It simply never existed and they were full, no rooms available. I had to book another hotel 45 minutes away at a higher price. I called and wrote Hotel Power just to be jerked around. Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I was charged 199.00 after I had cancelled my membership 9 days ahead of time. When I tried to call they were rude and kept me on hold for a very long time. Do not waste your time trying become a Global Travel agent online.

Original review: May 31, 2017

This is a totally fraudulent & unethical company. They billed my account when the membership was canceled. I have been calling into this company for the last week. The agent put me on hold & hung up the phone. After the 100th call I received a voicemail for a supervisor name Paul. I left him over 10 voicemails and still have not received a call back. I wouldn't ever invest with this company.

Original review: April 10, 2017

They are totally fraudulent company. They misrepresent their offer and then keep charging their 'duped' customer for more and more. I was contacted by their staff in UK (name: Martin). My reservation reference number is: **. If any one wants more facts I will send you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Whatever you do, do not give this company your credit card number unless you seriously plan to continue your membership! There is no way they will "not" charge your account - even when you call them and request a cancellation within the allotted trial time frame. Then when you call to speak with a "so-called" manager to find out why they charged your card "illegally" for $200, you get a rude and nasty man telling you that you have to wait at least a week to get a refund. This is absolutely absurd. If they illegally charged my card today, they should be able to reverse the unauthorized charge on the same day. This is a warning - do not give them your credit card number. It's in your best interest to use a temp card with limited funds!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I was contacted by them and blinded into signing up by the lure of the $100.00 gift card (which I never received, but whatever). I called them this morning, a couple weeks later, to cancel, and the cancellation process couldn't have been easier. I was on hold for maybe two minutes and then spent another two minutes speaking with the very pleasant Brianna, who had a cancellation confirmation number for me very quickly. I felt compelled to leave this review for Global Travel International because of all the negative reviews regarding the cancellation process. If you call the 407 area code number listed on the first result when you Google the company, it's quick and easy.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I was contacted by Global Travel International, offering discount travel packages. After agreeing to let them charge my credit card $1 for a $100 store rebate router, and a $350 travel voucher, I received nothing! After numerous attempts to contact them by telephone to cancel, which were unsuccessful, due to the fact that their phone numbers are survey lines and other runarounds. They charged me $99, which would happen on a monthly basis.

Apparently this company runs a pyramid type scheme, where you become a travel agent. You are then required to sign others up for their program, with the promise of big commission paychecks. All a scam and this company goes by various other names, Globaltravel.com, Valu-pass.com, Gtimemberships.com, Globaltravelworks.com and Infovpass.com. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANY OF THESE COMPANIES, AND DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!! Also, if you have been scammed by this company, contact your banking institution's fraud department and file a claim!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

We booked Maya Koba Hotel in Cancun for 4 nights with Global Travel Travel agent IATA card and saved $1400! The regular rate was $500 per night and we received $150 per night daily rate. We also recently booked Southlake Hilton and saved $162! The regular rate was $278 and we booked room for $116 with Global Travel agent IATA. I am not sure why people don't give Global Travel a chance before criticizing it. There is no better deal for travel with any MLM and you get free FAM trip cruises and vacations as a member! Sign up today at globaltravel.com and start saving! It only cost $159 to sign up and sometimes only $99 specials! I have saved thousands over the past decade and never regretted one moment! I am only a member of Global Travel and no way an owner or investor, but just giving a true testimony.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I booked a cruise from them a year ago. This year, they snuck a $99 renewal fee on my credit card without my consent or knowledge. How crooked!!! Will never do business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

I have tried to cancel my membership with these people for TWO years and received nothing but rude people the whole time and telling me I have to cancel between certain dates. Well this year I FINALLY was able to cancel but they were so rude and it was like 10 seconds after I cancelled that my account was inactive and OFF! NEVER again!! We shall see if I still get charged anyway. BEWARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

I booked this place for 1 week while on business in Jacksonville. I spoke to Jovanna at Global Travel International. I made it clear I wanted clean place to stay with desk as on business trip. I was assured very nice and clean with desk. I paid upfront and booked for week. I called back and asked if I have an issue when I get there, will I be able to get refund and if so from, who do I contact. I arrived at the hotel, asked to see the room before check in. The room had stinky odor, food crumbs on chair, rusted appliance, beer bottles and cigarettes, on ground around building, signs of where people loiter and hang out in parking lot drinking etc. and even the lobby had odor. I informed I did not want to stay here at all. The lady at desk said ok and I could get refund from the 3rd party.

I attempted to call Global Travel International (GTI) from hotel, but no answer as no one available on weekends. I did call GTI first thing Monday morning and went over what happened and stated I wanted a refund, now I am told it would be up to the hotel. I was told I'd get a call by Wednesday on the refund, but there would be cancellation fee, I said fine I will pay fee just want to get the rest of money back. They promised call back by Wednesday and it did not happen. I called back Thursday and they said would get on it, then I got call back and was told there will be no refund and they was escalate up to manager. The manager called back later and said he is working with hotel owner to get refund but they currently are not wanting to refund me the money.

This whole set up appears to be a scam. I am out 1 weeks paid hotel stay, at a very nasty and disgusting place that the health department should shut down and was completely deceived by the VRBO advertisement and Global Travel International agent. I wish I would have googled Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham Jackson, I would have seen all the photos and write up about the roaches, spiders, bed bugs, nasty odor, and issues with non-guest hanging out and drinking in the parking lot. This has taught me big lesson, do not trust what is posted on VRBO, do not work with this Global Travel International as they clearly are misrepresenting the properties they list and post here on VRBO and their site, and never stay at anything listed as being associated with Wyndam Jackson.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

I received an offer for a 14 day trial membership for Journeypass.com with the promise of a gift card from stores like Walmart, Target. No card came so I called they said not to worry it was coming and my cancellation date was on Oct. 17, 2015. On the 16th I received a trial membership to a rebate club where I have to spend $100 a month at a store to receive a $25 rebate. I called Journey Pass to cancel and got an automated system that doesn't work. The next morning I emailed them since I couldn't get through to them on the phone. They emailed back my cancellation but on the 19th they charged me. You can't get through on the phone so I e-mailed.

I found out that Journey Pass goes by several other names and has all kinds of scams and offers running. They are Global Travel International and Value Pass. Address is 2600 Lake Lucien Drive Ste 201 Maitland FA 32751. Phone number is ** but they have lots of phone numbers. You can get a person right now but it did me no good. They may drop numbers as people find out about them. If you read other complaints for all three names you'll find out the extent of the fraud.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

We had asked for reservation for 3 people for 2 rooms having a kitchen. They mentioned that it had been done in a reputed hotel with free breakfast and parking. I believed them. Gave a call to the hotel and they too mentioned that it has been done. But it wasn't so. The hotel did not have a kitchen, neither had free breakfast nor free parking. I had to pay hotel more than 300$ for this which made me very unhappy. Also for all this we had to fight with the hotel which dampened our holiday spirit.

Original review: July 6, 2015

I booked a trip with clients in January of 2014. At that time, the invoice showed a commission of $1242.56 was taken. I emailed Viking and was told it would be paid after the cruise in April 2015. In May of 2015 I called or emailed Viking and they said they sent the check to Global Travel in April, right after the cruise ended. In June, I called, and Global Travel said my primary agent was no longer a member and therefore I would not get a commission. I paid another $200 so that I would now have primary status and get paid. The checks would then be issued at the end of June. Well, I finally received a check. Viking Travel sent Global Travel a commission totaling $1242.56, but the check I received was for $394.45. - 32% of the total.

When I talked to GTI, I was under the impression that the check would be for over $1000. After I finally got the check and called them, they said the check was for 5% of the base - which would have been more than what I received. I was never told the commission would be 5%. GTI is a rip-off. They generate their income by your payment to them as a travel agent and the large commission they take, but they do not honor the system by paying you the commission they receive from Viking.

Original review: June 11, 2015

Pushy salespeople. They refused to provide almost any information. So, I did my research. Found that GTN has terrible reviews by BBB, Consumer Affairs, and almost all online review sites. Got a call from "Quality Assurance." I was asked why I wasn't interested. I told them that I couldn't trust a company with such poor reviews. The lady rudely told me that I was "entitled to my opinion but it's just an opinion. We have great reviews."

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 13, 2015

I knew from the start of the presentation they were full of BS as the sales lady ** kept changing her information. We were promised in writing that we would receive a $200 South West gift card for sitting through a sales presentation. We did and at the end told them we weren't interested in buying anything. Well lo and behold, they "just" ran out of gift cards. They had me write my address on an envelope and they'd mail it to me. That was 2 weeks ago and surprise, surprise no gift card. I will be filing a formal complaint against this company for it's fraudulent practices.

Global Travel International response

Hi Kerry, it seems you have confused us with a different company. We are an online-only business offering gap year trips to 18-30 year olds in general. We never hold presentations, nor are we located in America or offer gift cards to customers. Perhaps your review is meant for Global Travel International? Please contact us at feedback@globalworkandtravel.com so we can clarify and subsequently have this review corrected. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2015

When I received a call from them about travels and huge discounts I spoke to my girlfriend at the time. Which she loves to travel. And when we sign up at office. Few days later making reservations to travel somewhere nice. Calling into them-- nothing. It ringing and ringing I decided to go into office-- it was empty out! Now it's on my credit report which I me having a hard time getting rid of.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

I called within the 14 days to cancel my membership and was told that it was taken care of. I then received a letter saying that I owed them $549.45. They are claiming in the letter that they did not receive my request to cancel. It seems that they are doing this to a lot of people and its unethical. I am interested in starting a class action law suit with the State of Florida against this company. If anyone else is interested in joining me email me at **. I am confident we can prove to the State we have been wronged and mislead by this company and that their business practices are unethical and misleading to confuse a consumer into monthly charges.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2014

I travel frequently, and was promised, both by ad and in a phone conversation that if I joined Global Travel, I would get travel at huge discounts. I signed up, thinking it's a one time, trial agreement, and never booked any travel. The prices were higher than I could get through regular, non-membership web sites, or through the websites of the airlines or cruises themselves. I am now told that I have signed up for what amounts to a lifetime membership which costs $169 per year, and which I am supposedly unable to cancel except during a very limited window each year! In my opinion, it's a scam and others should be aware.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2014

My phone call to GE Capital to pay a bill when their website was malfunctioning was intercepted by a promotional "opportunity" to get a trial period for Valu-Pass and Journey Pass out of Maitland, Florida. Turns out Global Travel International is the parent company. I think I was softened somewhat by having been reached by them through a company that I considered reputable. GE Capital has assured me they were not having a promotion for this, so I am unsatisfied with having no answer to the question: "How did they intercept this call?" So it's a "congratulations! You've been selected ... blah, blah, blah" and I went for it. The call was being monitored. More than once, I said, "I am authorizing $7.84 ONLY!" They insisted they understood. They now have taken more than $80.00 from my bank account. My bank can't shelter me for some reason, and I've had to cancel my check card so they can't get any more money. We need consumer protection in the country. We need it now!!!

Original review: July 31, 2014

After I read all those negative comments on the website so I'm a bit nervous on what gonna happened to me because I just sign up there free trial for 14 days and they charge me $59.99 but they told me It's a money back Guarantee. Is there any possibility if I will going to cancel my free trial, am I able to get my full money back that they charged me after I sign up for the Free trial.

Original review: April 3, 2014

I signed up for this membership online for month to month service. I love to travel and thought I could at least make enough money to cover the monthly fee of $39.95/month. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I booked over $13,000 (9 travelers) in international airfares and made $34.00 commission. Needless to say, this took the sail out of my wind and it changed my outlook. The booking took place after the 14 day period. I thought I could cancel anytime since I was paying month to month. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE. I had to pay $199 to cancel on top of paying already paying the monthly service fee of $39.95 for two months and also forfeiting the $34 commiss that I made.

Personally, I THINK IT'S A TOTAL RIP-OFF!!!! Everything was generated online and the only time I ever reached out to them was to cancel this membership. The cost to them was minimal. They could have waived the cancellation fee and kept the monthly service fee already charged. BTW, the full cancellation fee was $399. They did me a "favor" by reducing the fee to $199 and upon further discussion with a "supervisor" they saved me another $50 by reducing my cancellation fee to $150. So, in 45 days time, this is how much I paid: $39.95 X 2 (membership times 2) = $79.90 plus a reduced cancellation fee of $150. My total loss or expenses with GTI Travel was $229.90. I am not telling you what to do. I am just sharing my experience so you can make an informed decision because I wished I read the comments posted here before I signed up for it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2014

I received a membership renewal at around July of 2013 and I returned it and say that I'm cancelling my membership since it's of no use to be a member of GTI since I already have my own ARC# and I can affiliate with a big host companies that don't charge any membership fee. All the while I thought that everything was okay until now when I checked my bank account and I was charged with a $169 renewal membership fee. It's like giving away my hard earned money to something that is of no used and a company (GTI) that is only after making profit without even providing a good and true service to their travel agents. I was told that I should have called a certain number to cancel my membership but that renewal letter is enough to let them know that I don't want to renew the membership. They will always have alibis just to get the money from a small time travel agent, like me, who just want to earn extra money to survive. To all travel agents out there, please don't ever, ever experience to what I had with GTI. Just be aware of their modus operandi...

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

After being with Global Travel International for a few years, we decided to cancel it because we were not using it, and it felt like it was a waste of money to pay for a membership that we would never use. Therefore, we called to cancel it, but they kept on saying we have to pay for it this year and they will cancel it next year because it was past the due date. Well, three years has passed by with the same ** and we are sick and tired of this. It seems like they would never cancel the account and they keep on charging it every year even though we have requested it to be cancelled numerous times. They are definitely cheating on people by charging them on continuous basis even when a customer says enough is enough.

We have called so many times in the past three years, wrote a letter and talked to supervisors to ensure the membership will be canceled but nothing seems to work and they somehow have some stupid excused to recharge the credit card. I don't recommend them to anyone and I really hope something will happen and they change their cheating system.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

Global Travel International charges a fee for working at home on commissions for travel booked which they will not pay for. I kept getting the runaround and received no monies had I made it possible for them to make a hefty commission. They want to charge additional money for adequate training which they should include in the initial membership fees. This handicaps you by not being competent enough to know the business you are working. They bombard you with emails trying to sell travel to the consultants and that is what you desire to do, it's sell not to be sold to. You put money in up front in good faith and never get a dime in return. The accounting department keeps you holding on for a long time as to get their story together as to why you are not being paid for the work you do.

Global Travel International Company Information