2.22/5
Based on 67 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Days Inn

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 31, 2018

399 Days Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Our visit to Days Inn Jamaica was awful, left us ill, and worse. Yet despite talking to customer service of both Days Inn and of Wyndham Hotels (the parent company), no one has shown any real concern for our experience. There were three different problems at the hotel: First, the 'free' shuttle took almost 2 hours to get us. It took so long, even shuttle drivers from other hotels felt sorry for us and tried calling in to Days Inn to find our ride. Days Inn is incompetent; they do not seem to be connected to the airport Kiosk Days Inn dedicated phone, just before you come out to the pickup area, that contacts the hotel shuttles. This is all made worse by my heart condition; being left out in humid, sweltering heat was hard on me and would stress anyone with cardiac or health issues. Someone could get seriously ill from being left out in such heat; we both felt sick the entire evening.

Secondly, the bed was not good. We slept poorly, and the pillows were strange - they had only these smaller, square-shaped pillows. That was frustrating. Thirdly, and worse for my wife, was the bathroom floor - which was dangerously slippery. Please realize, we travel a lot, so we do know the difference. This floor was not normal, it was *very* slick. Their maid service clearly used the wrong cleaner, maybe trying too hard to make the floor look shinier? At the time of our stay, my wife was recovering from a broken foot, so we were very aware and worried about this shiny slick floor. What if someone were to fall down, or get seriously injured in a Days Inn or Wyndham, because of problems like this? We feel that if that happens, we hope their lawyers see this review. Also, it's hard for me to believe that we are the first to have these experiences at Days Inn, and therefore - if it happens again - that would show a pattern of negligence.

After the trip we talked to Days Inn Customer Service, found no help so we also talked to Wyndham Customer service - yet neither one has any real sympathy. No one there seems to understand how unhappy we were, and thus very little effort was made on our behalf. Therefore, these are poor customer service organizations, and we are recommending people avoid BOTH Days Inn, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.

This was our one-year wedding anniversary trip. We expected a lot more. We were able to recover after that, and enjoy the trip - but it was an unnecessarily difficult start. Even Wyndham senior staff (meaning VP's, & above, contacted on LinkedIn) do not seem to really understand how we feel. In summary let me say that we strongly urge people to avoid any Days Inn, and Wyndham as well - because if customer service is not good in a hotel, if you don't see some concern and some action (both to fix the problems, and to make it right with the consumer) - then you should not stay there.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My husband and son stayed at the Days Inn in Terre Haute, IN. The U-Haul they were driving, with everything in it my son owned, was stolen right out of the parking lot. When they went inside to ask for help or to view the security footage they were told that only a manager could access the system and it was down anyway. They received no help whatsoever. When contacting the corporate office of Days Inn I was informed that Days Inn is a franchise and you need to deal directly with individual Days Inn owners. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend anyone stay here. It is obviously not a safe place.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Days Inn Kansas City International Airport - I stayed for one night. Shower apparently leaked into the lower level, so was told to NOT use the shower at all. Male manager kept trying to come in my room, after me telling him several times - NO - no water on floor, but my daughter was trying to get dressed, and other daughter was sleeping. He came back 5-10 min later and tried 2 more times to come in. I again reiterated he couldn't come in, and the issue was NOT getting water on the floor, the floor was dry, but could see the crack where caulking needed redone. Again because I wasn't allowed to use the shower, I felt I should of been given another room. Of course I wasn't... Poor management, unable to use shower, and no room replacement. Would Not recommend. Room was nice enough, but there were a few what looked like hairballs stuck to the walls which was also gross.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Me and my wife stayed at the Days Inn in Kansan City. They were to give us free breakfast but when we went down to eat breakfast they were out of food and it was 8:30 am, but had plenty of coffee. The swimming pool is also never open. Too expensive for the room.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Days Inn in Yucaipa, Arizona - The bed was like sleeping on heavenly clouds and the shower was like a waterfall, all the room a person could ask for. The staff was also attentive and helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Days Inn Colorado Springs Colorado USA - The room had not been cleaned and there were dirty clothes in the bathtub. The blankets also stunk like pee. Staff was good but that's the only good thing I seen.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada - The room was very clean, nicely decorated and nice hotel with lots of parking. I have allergies to dogs and the first hotel I stayed in that I had no symptoms. The lobby and hallways were also very nice.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Black River Falls, Wisconsin Days Inn - New lobby, spacious rooms, big parking area for trailer and trucks. 24 hours indoor pool and hot-tub, fridge, microwave, new rooms, love the pictures, new mirror, hot breakfast.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Days Inn in Crystal River, Florida was pleasant. It was on the middle of being updated, which it was. Usually clean, good value, w/ good amenities. Typically, it has a breakfast bar, possibly due to the reno. The pool was clean but dated. It was nearby places we were going & Restaurant nearby.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Tulsa, Oklahoma location - Easy on the budget, clean rooms, professional service, knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, eager to help. Knew the city to help get around. Knew the taxi schedules and the cheapest rates.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Days Inn in Clayton, GA, USA. We arrived and was given a room, when we entered we noticed a scent. As we looked around, on the side of the second bed on the rug was dog poop and the rug looked like it was not cleaned or vacuumed. I immediately called and the night auditor was inattentive and did not care. He basically expected us to sleep there and I asked him if he would sleep in a room like this. He then said to come down to pick up another room key. I was disappointed for the price we spent on that night.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

It was inconvenient because you have to put 100.00 dollar deposit (Provo, Utah location). You get it back if the room is satisfactory. You have to go get them then they check it to make sure you can have your 100.00.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Grande Prairie, AB (Canada) hotel had very clean rooms. The staff were very clean and attentive to my needs. It was within close proximity of shopping and restaurants. There were other motels/hotels in the area but they were not as well received as this one was which made our decision easy.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

My stay at San Antonio Texas Days Inn was relaxing and fun. The view are beautiful. Riverwalk very nice. Food was great. The employees were helpful. I would go back for my next stay. There's a lot of activities to do also.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Fulton MS Days Inn was fine for a ordinary hotel but the price was a little high in my opinion. It was clean and decent place to stay but the costs on everything has gone up and keeps going up.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Days Inn Motels are reasonably clean, relatively small rooms, and functional. This is not a luxury resort, and by no means is Atlantic City a superior facility among Days Inns, but for a safe night's sleep, it is ok.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Days Inn Arlington Texas - It's nothing like the ad, wasn't what I expected. It was trash in the parking lot, the room were clean so that was a plus. They need to work on air quality.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We checked in on Nov. 22, 2017. First thing was a cig. burn on the sheets and blankets. Nose booger on bathroom door. Same thing on frame of door room. Touched. Water stains on ceiling. I could go on.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Assigned room (Salem, Oregon) was under stairway so very dark - was given another room for more money but at least some light. Noisy as right by freeway. Breakfast not very good and couldn't take to the room to be with my dog.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Pineville LA - This place so bad I had to leave 4 am and don't know how Days Inn keeps them on. Bed bugs on me bites on my head, took a bug to bug man, told me that's what it was.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Days Inn in Thomasville, Ga. Quiet, comfortable, clean, good service, good value for your money. I would recommend to all my family and friends, I can't wait to until I get a chance to return.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Fortunate sleep, illness, lack of quiet enjoyment suffered at Show Low Days Inn stay not entirely limited to, endured given fate of Officer Reed; lost life apprehending multiple criminals connected to Show Low Days Inn. Fortunately Show Low, AZ; foresight to build new police, public safety department across from Days Inn. Drug problems prevalent. Recommend higher quality property, safety and security measures, venting employees and management, to protect, limit access to drug addicts, drug dealers; criminals. Your life, health, safety; well-being depends on it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My wife and I were traveling to Lackland AFB to attend an Air Force graduation. We decided to get a room at Days Inn because another family member was also staying there while attending the graduation. We were given room 137. We open the door and try to turn on the lights to the room, nothing happens. We turn the flashlights on the phone on, and we see the beds off the rails, and BED BUGS spray bottles just sitting on the table.

My wife and I quickly exit the room and turn the keys back in. We then do go to join our family member for the night (about 2 am at this point and need to be up by 5 am) to try and get some shut eye. When we go to their room, their bathrooms was one of the worst smelling bathrooms that flowed through my nose. I’m an army veteran so there have been some pretty bad smells that I have come across. The next morning when we go to take a shower we all ended up having to take it with cold water as the room did not provide any source of warm/hot water. Once we left to attend the ceremony, we ended up turning our keys in and canceling the remainder our stay in this hotel.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I booked 7 nights accommodation in Days Inn Kingsland (GA) through Priceline and was not advised which hotel until I had prepaid in full. When Days Inn Kingsland was confirmed, I checked into room 112 from 2nd October 2017 for 7 nights. The bathroom had a strong stench of sewage, most bathroom fittings were rusty and bath/shower grab rail was loose. Without a slip mat making it potentially dangerous when entering/leaving bath/shower. Toilet base and floor dirty and broken tiles. Light above vanity unit not working so impossible to shave/apply make-up.

Room fridge dirty and rusty and floor carpet absolutely filthy, so got feet dirty walking the 10 feet from bathroom to bed. After check-in tried to report these and many other faults but sign placed on reception door that hotel was full. Visited reception three separate times following day and on each occasion no staff member on visible duty. On my return contacted Priceline but they stated hotel was not willing to even make a token return. Avoid this hotel at all costs - rated 18 out of 21 hotels in Kingsland on TripAdvisor.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My day started with them stopping shuttle service at 11am. That should be on site. I specifically choose this hotel because I needed shuttle service. Fail. I had to take the hotel shuttle next door and walk. When I get to the hotel, it's ragged. Not it what I'm used to. Again, don't believe the pictures. So I'm in my room and they wiped everything with bleach. So now I cant breathe. The website says free breakfast. Can't comment yet because I don't know yet, but I'm think about forfeiting my $200 and going to Country Inn around the corner. When I get back to work, I'm definitively advising our company perk page to take this hotel off their list. DAYS INN ATLANTA PHOENIX BLVD SUCKS!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

It was an excellent value for the dollar. All I needed that night was to check in late, alone, and get up and out early, and easy access. It fit my needs well that trip. The Days Inn in Atlanta, GA was a bit down at the heels (needing an extensive update).

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The Days Inn in North Port, AL looked nice from the outside but the room was dark and musty. The fridge did not work. It was noisy and the coffee and donuts were horrible. The air conditioner was not working to cool off the room for what they charged. It was a nightmare.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had a planned trip to Lawrence, Kansas on business where I had booked a room for 2 nights. During my drive through Missouri I was involved in a traffic accident & was unable to make my reservation. The hotel lacked understanding of my situation & refused to cancel my reservation without penalty! Contacted Days Inn customer care about my issue, the representative then contacted the motel & belligerently yelled at by the attendant. I was charged for one night regardless for which I was told would be refund for my troubles by a customer care rep from Wyndham. Nearly 2 weeks have passed & I've yet to be recompensated for my loss! I will not recommend this chain or any affiliated!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

The Days Inn in Union City is excellent so they receive good and know how take care their bedroom. They very clean, too. It was very free when I ask something they use to give me what I need.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We spent a night at a Days Inn in Brunswick, GA and again tonight in Roanoke, VA. Both looked very nice on Expedia and hotels .com. Both were filthy, worn out, and very noisy. Don't stay at a Days Inn.

Days Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

• Best for: Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Days Inn Company Information

www.wyndhamhotels.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use