3.42/5

Looking for a travel site?

Days Inn

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Days Inn Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2019

E. **...May 4, 2019. Have stayed at this hotel many times for the Carlisle Spring car show. Above average hotel. However, this last visit 2 weeks ago was the best. Formerly, a Quality Inn and now a Days Inn and it shows. Granted, this is an older hotel and could use some modernization, however, check in was quick and courteous, the room was very clean and neat, and the hot breakfast was excellent. Manager, David **, was very pleasant and courteous. Desk assistant, Nicole, was also very courteous. I highly recommend this Days Inn.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I normally stay at 3-4 star hotels when I travel, but I have also stayed in a couple of 2-star hotels in the recent past. I recently booked a room at Days Inn Wyndham Hotel Miami Airport because it is in the vicinity of a seminar I am attending, and it was a reasonably priced combo/deal through Travelocity. I was concerned about the 2-star rating I read online, but because I was pressed for time I decided to give it a chance.

When I first walked into the room, I was very pleasantly surprised with the CLEANLINESS and unusual perks, like well-stocked coffee maker, security safe, iron and ironing board, large bathroom sink with a granite countertop. This is in addition to a pool, game room, and a really nice on-site micro-brewery/restaurant. I am also a stickler for customer service and the front desk help has been extremely courteous and helpful. Bottom line: In my opinion, Days Inn Wyndham Hotel Miami Airport deserves 4-stars. I will definitely stay here again if I need a Miami hotel. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Merced is my hometown. I visited to see my Children and grandchildren. My plan was to stay a maximum of 6 days...I stayed three weeks. The entire staff from the manager Melissa to each and every staff worker took themselves above and beyond to assure that my stay was very comfortable. Yes, this is a budget motel, however, I was treated every bit as well as if I would have been staying at a high priced Hotel. Jasmine, at the front desk and every lady that was in charge of room keeping treated me with a smile and professional service!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Days Inn is more inexpensive compared with all others. Their accent was partially different but their overall breakfast & benefits were entirely helpful. Their location is slightly within the lower suburbs outside of Reading, but their overall value is entirely worth it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot, very impressed with those things. However, the breakfast was a disappointment. Bagels and oatmeal was below average. The coffee was good as was the juice. But overall it could of been worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I stayed at the Days Inn in Erie, PA, in June. I was given a room which was covered in many areas with a film of construction dust and the bathroom fixtures was stained in several places. When I requested to be moved, the next room I was given had its marble countertop in the main room broken completely across in two places, with a very large chunk of marble entirely missing! Several dresser drawers were missing. The nightstand had gooey gunk on top of it. I alerted the front desk but I did not want to move again. The management took several months to respond to my e-mailed complaint (with picture) to ask for a full refund; when I finally did get a response, I was haggled over the refund and was only able to get a partial refund. The hotel needs to drastically improve the quality of its rooms.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

On Friday Oct 18 I went to Check in to The Days Inn on Carpenter Rd in Ypsilanti MI. My reservation was From Friday to Monday. The first issue arises the minute I walked through the door at around 6:00 pm. The manager told me “It’s a good thing that you just showed up because I was about to give your room away." Excuse me? I have a reservation. There are people willing to pay more for this room because it is a game weekend!“ Wow!! I feel that he gave me the worst room in this hotel intentionally. The room had only one working light! The bathroom was so disgusting I Had to purchase cleaning supplies and clean it myself before my family could use it. The floors were filthy! And the most disgusting thing happened when my two yr old niece came to me with a mouthful of SOMEONE'S HAIR!! I was SICK!!! My mother and I both have braids and the baby has little hair!

When I brought this to the manager's attention he never apologized! He simply said, "I’ll move you to room 148 once it’s clean." He gave me the keys and said housekeeping would notify me when the room was ready. I went back to the room with a migraine. Housekeep knocked at my door 7 times with broken English say “I clean you leave”. I did my best to explain I was waiting for room 148 to be cleaned and was told no! The 8th time I was disrupted was when a man walked right into my room without knocking!! He said he was there to get the trash!!! I was livid at this point!

I walked around the whole building to get to the office because I did not have a working phone in the room! I told a young man how I was being treated and he said “you are supposed to be in 148 now right?" So they were well aware of the situation. I explained that the room was still unclean at 2:00 in the afternoon!! I even showed him the pictures that I took of that still dirty room because the door was wide open! It was after 3:00 when I was told the room was now clean. The only good thing I Have to say is that the young man was polite. I left. Went out for a few hours after switching rooms. When I came back to turn on the lights THEY DID NOT WORK!!

Again I went to the desk because this time I did have a working phone but after trying to call for 15min I never got an answer. This man told me yet again to switch rooms now around the building and upstairs! (I have a disability) so yet another inconvenience! But he was polite. This room had working lights and was at least clean!

This morning I again tried to speak to the manager about the situation and was blown off!! Not an apology! But I was told to leave and that I was a liar!! I told him I had video and pictures and his response was a simple have a good day I’m done! WOW!!! I travel often! I stay at a range of establishments and I am always polite, considerate. This hotel was disgusting but the manager was rude! Arrogant and his behavior was disgusting!! I love Wyndham hotels and this should not be associated with Wyndham, Priceline, or any other site! They make you look bad.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Booked a 3-day stay, cancelled the booking the next day as plans had changed. Staff told me they had no record, and charged me for the room, even though I had the cancelled notification on my computer. Called main Days Inn who got me a refund for the room, but staff still charged me a no show fee of 70$. Credit card company refunded my 70$ plus tax I was due.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Don't stay at any Days Inn. I was charged 250 dollars for smoking and I don't smoke. Rooms are disgusting and you will end up ill. I am still fighting to get my money back and now have to get a new debit card since I had to dispute it. Total nightmare. Run from them. It is totally worth spending more. My room was supposed to be 54 per night 108 total and ended up at 359 for 2 nights.. Just don't go there!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Booked through Expedia and no way to change rooms or get money back. The carpet needs to be shampooed badly. Every Expedia room we gotten so far has been a smoking room. We won't be booking through Expedia anymore. The towels were used. Did the maid forget? The beds were made. Why not fresh towels. I'm not a germ-a-phobe, but e-e-w-a! Nasty!

Days Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

• Best for: Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs