2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.29/5

Days Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: March 3, 2020

Building unkempt. Upon entering room found garbage on the floor, bathroom dirty and cockroaches in bathroom and on pillow. Front desk did not answer phone and upon trying to speak with some at front desk, the door was locked and lights off (arrived late at night).

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Upon checking in, I gave the front desk my debit card for incidentals. 10 minutes later I got a $40 charge on my card. When I inquired about it, they said that it was because they have a pet fee. On the website it says that support animals are free of charge if there is proper documentation. Informed the guy that I have 2 support animals and I gave the front desk person my support animal registration during my check in. He said that it doesn't matter. I told him that I would just dispute the charge with my bank because it was unauthorized.

The only charges authorized were for probable incidentals (which there couldn't have been because I hadn't even walked in my room yet). He then told me I would have to leave if I didn't pay the fee and he threatened to call the police when I refused to leave because I already paid for my reservation. He already had the money because he deducted it off of my account without authorization. Anyways, I would not recommend this place because they have terrible customer service. Furthermore, if you require a support animal, you will be charged $20 per animal even if you have the proper documentation.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

To be very honest, we had very bad experience with this hotel. We booked hotel for 2 days but have to leave before one day. Room and bathroom were very dirty and it was stink if very bad that’s why my 5 month old baby and me got sick. Then we asked hotel person to refund at least one day but he didn’t. Because we have to leave hotel issues so that should have help us but they didn’t help us. Even I wrote many and call but no satisfactory reply. Got same email. In future I will never stay in this Hotel.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

While staying at the Days Inn 2120 Menaul Blv. NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico our room was broken into and all our personal belongings were stolen. They did not so much as offer us any assistance. No refund, Not a thing!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I stayed at the Days Inn in Erie, PA, in June. I was given a room which was covered in many areas with a film of construction dust and the bathroom fixtures was stained in several places. When I requested to be moved, the next room I was given had its marble countertop in the main room broken completely across in two places, with a very large chunk of marble entirely missing! Several dresser drawers were missing. The nightstand had gooey gunk on top of it. I alerted the front desk but I did not want to move again. The management took several months to respond to my e-mailed complaint (with picture) to ask for a full refund; when I finally did get a response, I was haggled over the refund and was only able to get a partial refund. The hotel needs to drastically improve the quality of its rooms.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

On Friday Oct 18 I went to Check in to The Days Inn on Carpenter Rd in Ypsilanti MI. My reservation was From Friday to Monday. The first issue arises the minute I walked through the door at around 6:00 pm. The manager told me “It’s a good thing that you just showed up because I was about to give your room away." Excuse me? I have a reservation. There are people willing to pay more for this room because it is a game weekend!“ Wow!! I feel that he gave me the worst room in this hotel intentionally. The room had only one working light! The bathroom was so disgusting I Had to purchase cleaning supplies and clean it myself before my family could use it. The floors were filthy! And the most disgusting thing happened when my two yr old niece came to me with a mouthful of SOMEONE'S HAIR!! I was SICK!!! My mother and I both have braids and the baby has little hair!

When I brought this to the manager's attention he never apologized! He simply said, "I’ll move you to room 148 once it’s clean." He gave me the keys and said housekeeping would notify me when the room was ready. I went back to the room with a migraine. Housekeep knocked at my door 7 times with broken English say “I clean you leave”. I did my best to explain I was waiting for room 148 to be cleaned and was told no! The 8th time I was disrupted was when a man walked right into my room without knocking!! He said he was there to get the trash!!! I was livid at this point!

I walked around the whole building to get to the office because I did not have a working phone in the room! I told a young man how I was being treated and he said “you are supposed to be in 148 now right?" So they were well aware of the situation. I explained that the room was still unclean at 2:00 in the afternoon!! I even showed him the pictures that I took of that still dirty room because the door was wide open! It was after 3:00 when I was told the room was now clean. The only good thing I Have to say is that the young man was polite. I left. Went out for a few hours after switching rooms. When I came back to turn on the lights THEY DID NOT WORK!!

Again I went to the desk because this time I did have a working phone but after trying to call for 15min I never got an answer. This man told me yet again to switch rooms now around the building and upstairs! (I have a disability) so yet another inconvenience! But he was polite. This room had working lights and was at least clean!

This morning I again tried to speak to the manager about the situation and was blown off!! Not an apology! But I was told to leave and that I was a liar!! I told him I had video and pictures and his response was a simple have a good day I’m done! WOW!!! I travel often! I stay at a range of establishments and I am always polite, considerate. This hotel was disgusting but the manager was rude! Arrogant and his behavior was disgusting!! I love Wyndham hotels and this should not be associated with Wyndham, Priceline, or any other site! They make you look bad.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Booked a 3-day stay, cancelled the booking the next day as plans had changed. Staff told me they had no record, and charged me for the room, even though I had the cancelled notification on my computer. Called main Days Inn who got me a refund for the room, but staff still charged me a no show fee of 70$. Credit card company refunded my 70$ plus tax I was due.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Don't stay at any Days Inn. I was charged 250 dollars for smoking and I don't smoke. Rooms are disgusting and you will end up ill. I am still fighting to get my money back and now have to get a new debit card since I had to dispute it. Total nightmare. Run from them. It is totally worth spending more. My room was supposed to be 54 per night 108 total and ended up at 359 for 2 nights.. Just don't go there!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Booked through Expedia and no way to change rooms or get money back. The carpet needs to be shampooed badly. Every Expedia room we gotten so far has been a smoking room. We won't be booking through Expedia anymore. The towels were used. Did the maid forget? The beds were made. Why not fresh towels. I'm not a germ-a-phobe, but e-e-w-a! Nasty!

Original review: July 7, 2019

Rude front desk. Lost reservation & wasn't interested in my confirmation documentation. Booking agent straightened it out with them. The room had a dirty bed skirt which prompted me to look closer to find blood stains and live bedbugs! Took a photo/video & ran out. Front desk seemed not to care but offered a "better" room without the "upcharge." The room wasn't better except the shower wall wasn't broken. I checked around the mattress of one of the beds only to find beetle & roach carcasses. My 8 year old daughter screamed, "Wasp!" There was a wasp just chilling on the ceiling. That was it.

I gave back my card & asked for a full refund. The front desk had the nerve to tell me she wasn't sure they could do that. I asked for a manager. There wasn't one there. I believe the booking agent got them to refund the charges. It took hours of standby & disconnected calls to find a room including the 4th. Finally found a hotel much further from the beach. They were very nice offering to dry our clothes that might have been contaminated by the Days Inn bedbugs in high heat. I despaired at midnight. It was now my birthday but I was still going through luggage checking for bedbugs. I cried. I still had to pay for the whole day I lost @ the Days Inn toward the new hotel even though it was midnight. Fortunately, everything got better from there. I'm a single mom who works VERY hard all year & just wanted to escape for a few days to the beach with my kid. Stay away from this Days Inn.

Days Inn author review by ConsumerAffairs

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team