Days Inn

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband and I checked into the hotel informing them we were evacuees from Hurricane Irma Florida and my husband is handicapped with a service dog. We had a small bird with us. They came to my door this morning told us to leave and fined us $100. I thought the hotels were ordered to lift pet policy. With all we have been through and being displaced for a period of time they caused undue stress on our finances to stay in a hotel longer. We cannot go home as of now. I would like to file a formal complaint. If possible I would appreciate a reply. Thank You.

The place was filthy. We got into town late and checked in about 8:30-9 PM. We got to the room and there was dust, mold in the corners, bathroom paper holder was falling out of the wall, drywall was peeling over the lights in the bathroom, stains on the furniture just to start. We needed to be at the hospital for my wife to have surgery at 6:00 am. I got up at 5:30 to take a shower and there was NO hot water. I went to the desk and they knew the night before that there was a problem yet let me check in. After reading the reviews I saw on reservation counter I thought it should be fine. Tonight I read lots of reviews on Madison Heights and corporate reviews that this is a common problem with Days Inns across the country. I will NEVER stay in another Days Inn and believe me everyone I know and more will find out how filthy they are.

My husband and I choose the Days Inn in Copiague NY on August 22, 2017 for the night based on our past experiences and the promises in advertising by the company assuring us of the reliable, clean services they have branded themself to be. I paid good money for the night even though there were cheaper motels in the area because of their well known name and assurance of providing a clean safe environment. When we checked into a no smoking room (we were told) we were automatically disgusted by the state of the room. There were dirty cigarette burns on EVERYTHING! The burns were all over bedspread, the ice bucket had black burns all inside of it and the tray to bring food in if you needed to was also covered in black burn marks! There was an ash tray in the no smoking room though it was obvious none ever used it!

The room was so run down and the things I mentioned above were absolutely unusable! Being my husband had recent surgery and we stopped for the night due to that fact and him needing to rest, we had to stay put. That was just the beginning. The room next door had no windows at all and I now know why. The amount of action that room saw kept us up all night. Every hour another car would pull up and a man would get out, enter the room and stay for a short visit. It wasn’t the only room that saw action. It seems like at least half of the rooms were used for the same purpose. When a man pulled up and let out a much younger women and waited in the parking lot for her to finish whatever, I of course became concerned. Who wouldn't be? I’ll tell you who. The owner of the hotel who said they choose that life so he didn't feel bad. Was it chosen? Who? The question is Why do the owners turn a blind eye?

It’s not like they are going bust! They don't even replace the ice bucket and the tray with the Days Inn name on it. That I’m sure costs less than 2 dollars each! They also aren't losing: money on the breakfast! Besides being the bare minimum they can get away with I was told when things were empty that they are forced to put out less because some take too much and don't finish it. Why I have to put up with this after being a pretty good customer to other Days Inns and paid for something promised I never received! They could rectify the damage by making it.

Checked in late at night, around 11:45 and room was hot. Air conditioner didn't work. Holes in the wall. Nasty linens, pubic hairs on the toilets. Phones were caked with dirt and didn't even work. Shower and floors were so dirty couldn't take your shoes off. Slept on top of sheets fully clothed and checked out the next morning. Didn't want to refund second night but after some talking with the front desk we checked out anyway. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!

I have never stayed at a Days Inn. The rooms are basically like the Red Roof Inn. I ask the housekeepers to put clean sheets on every day and the housekeepers are Indian hardly speak English. They never clean the pool. There's yellow stuff under the water. No towels. You have to ask and yes it's indoors, they charge us different rates all the time. The continental breakfast is a joke. Our towels look like rags. The way the owner speaks to you is very unacceptable. All I can say is DON'T EXPECT WHAT PICTURES OF THE FACILITY SHOW, and another thing CHECK OUT IS 11:00. THEY START KNOCKING AT DOORS AT 9:00. THAT'S ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

This is by far the most budget hotel I have ever stayed in Lacey, WA. I recently stayed for a week, and I really got to suck in all of the penny-pinching goodness. I came here with my daughter, wife, and mother and stayed in two separate rooms. The first day I requested a pack-and-play to let my daughter sleep in during our stay since she is up and mobile. That night when I set it up, the thing collapsed! So, I went up to the front desk and no one is to be found. I wait a few moments and check the security cameras (I'll get to this) for the somebody that works there and there was nothing. So I go back to my room and make a fort on the other bed for my daughter to sleep in until the next day.

I tell the front desk attendant and she is unsurprised. Eventually, I take all four pack-and-plays the hotel supplied back to my room, one at a time. I test it, it collapses. I return it. Rinse and repeat. Until eventually the attendant tells me that I'm out of luck. Well, I then request two broom sticks to secure the one pack-and-play that had two working arms and two inoperable arms. So my daughter slept in that for a week. The front desk is unmanned for lengthy periods. I walked up one day to get my key re-magnetized (I'll get to this too!). There was a lady standing there already, and she mentioned that she had already been waiting there for fifteen minutes. We waited together there for another ten, so she stood there for nearly half an hour to check in!

Speaking of the next morning, even though I am a paying customer I am not allowed to bring food from the high-dollar continental breakfast back to my sleeping daughter and wife! By high-dollar, I mean the most budget-friendly spread of impressively small bagels and stale cereal along with the other usual staples of a 'dry continental breakfast'. I'll revisit this impressive security system. The front desk gives a full view of every security camera in the hotel. So anyone, including people that aren't staying in the hotel and just hanging out in the lobby, get to see any dead spots the hotel security might have. This coupled with the front desk being unmanned a majority of the time is a recipe for disaster.

There is such a thing as 'security through ambiguity'. All it takes is someone with a cell phone to take a quick picture and the entire hotel security is compromised. Also the hotel ceilings are low and the cameras are placed right in the middle of the hallways. So being 6 foot, my hair grazed across the bottom of a security camera. I feel sorry for any 6'2" or taller people! Some other not-serious or not-as-serious but honorable mentions: Both washers are broken on the first floor, and cost a dollar per load. Found auxiliary doors leading outside that had napkins stuffed into the locking mechanism so it didn't lock. Soda machine was broken and stealing change, staff was told by both my wife and my mom, and not labeled broken until our third day there.

The trash can outside the front door was constantly full with different trash. So try a bigger trash can! Getting key re-magnetized was quick when staff was at the front desk, however I had to get it re-magnetized daily + for a week. Staffers I didn't recognize re-magnetized my key without verifying my identity on multiple occasions. Then one lady verified my identity every time (which is good security). In conclusion, I won't be returning and unfortunately this is a great horror story to share with friends!

I went on a vacation to my home state of Michigan with my family to visit my mother. We searched online to find a hotel that fit our budget and came across Days Inn & Suites in Roseville, Michigan. I booked it and we checked in and went to our room and the first things I noticed wrong were the old curtains, dirty smelly old carpet and the outdated fixtures, lamps and furniture. It's like this place hasn't been updated since the 80s. There was also a strong smell of stale cigarette smoke; especially when the AC was on. Housekeeping apparently only gave us fresh towels, made our bed with the same sheets and emptied the trash cans. They didn't clean the bathroom, the furniture and they poorly vacuumed the dirty carpet. The person at the front desk was dry and unwelcoming. I will not be staying at this hotel my next visit to Metro Detroit.

The experience here at the motel was awful. There was an ant infestation. Nothing was readily available, rooms were not playing properly. The doors on both rooms after being moved from one to another were not stable, the locks were loose, refrigerator wasn't clean with food still left in it, freezer had a mountain of ice where you couldn't put anything in it. The beds were lopsided. All the toiletries and linings were not available. When asked for toiletries they couldn't find them. Seems as if pieces of the ceiling was falling on the floor. Most awful experience I have ever had. To add insult to injury this Days Inn is right off of the shore.

With that being said this should be a tip top Motel. Very very very disappointed especially for the rates that was pay nightly. Spoke with staff, they did their best but this was just awful. The last day of staying I guess they just forgot to service our rooms after speaking with us several times. I tried to wait it out but I couldn't go anymore without saying anything. Too many things were unsatisfactory.

The Days Inn beach property should be investigated. The lack of cleanliness, hygiene and overall lack of safe standards should be visibly inspected. I regret not taking photos of the property in question. This property is a detriment to your hotel chain and your usual high standards of quality properties.

1450 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502-2200 US1. +1-757-466-7474 - Pictures of the rooms on the website are so deceiving. Rooms are nothing close to the pictures. The smell in there make you throw up. I was unable to change the hotel because the shuttle made the last run to airport. Walked in and the carpet was ripped out right at the door... Kind of like a half moon size chunk right up against the door. Got in and looked around and noticed the drain plug was pulled and there was a ton of hair in the drain. Not terrible right... Just something you know is there but don't want to see. As I sat down on the bed I grabbed a pillow and noticed some black specks on the bed right under where the pillow was.

Upon taking a closer look I noticed it was mouse droppings. I looked some more and there was droppings on all four pillows and under each pillow. I've stayed in some pretty bad places but never noticed mouse poop all over the beds and pillows. Pictures of the rooms on the website are so deceiving. Rooms are nothing close to the pictures. The smell in there make you throw up. I was unable to change the hotel because the shuttle made the last run to airport. I wish I had away to get away from that place! I sat up ALL night with the lights and TV on until I could leave. I would NEVER check in there AGAIN IN LIFE!!

I stayed for one night and found accommodations to be less than satisfactory. The television had local channels only although free cable was advertised. "Pets Welcome" was advertised but, when I checked out, the owner/manager scolded me and told me that they no longer accept pets. When I reviewed my bank statement the next day, I found that I was charged two additional charges of $50 and $100 above and beyond my $60 payment that I had made when arriving. The manager/owner was rude, threatening, and extremely unprofessional. I have since contacted my bank and local law enforcement to get my stolen funds back.

7/7/17 called to confirmed check in and that I had 2 rooms on 1st level by the pool as requested at time of reservation. She answered the phone, very rude, laid the phone on the counter so that I would hear her personal conversation for the next 20 minutes. I hung up and tried to call back for an hour and there was never an answer. Called back 2 hrs later and spoke with a very pleasant gentleman that confirmed everything and said to call when we arrived in Lake Havasu around 11 am to inquire about early check in. Called and got the negative individuals that I had spoke with the afternoon before who told me no and to call back after 1 pm. Arrived on 7/8 at 3:00 PM and received the same type of welcome by Vivian and Amber. Just as rude as could be.

When given our room keys they were on 2nd fl and she proceeded to argue with us about our reservations. Several others in the lobby waiting to check in witnessed this. Finally given our rooms on the 1st floor - rm 145 smelled horrid like it had not been cleaned properly and rm 144 the toilet would not flush at all. When we went for the breakfast - 1 party had invited their family that lived in Havasu to join them taking up the entire room and left nothing for us - when asked if more items were to be brought out was informed that the breakfast was over. This was between 8-8:30. Checking out same treatment - when we told Amber about our issues she just told us we were all set. Good bye. I have stayed at this inn a few times before and have never been treated this way. Not sure if we will return.

Do not stay at the Days Inn in Greenwood, SC. The photos online is false advertisement. Once you purchase your room and look inside, it's nothing like the photos online which is understandable because motels do have a little wear and tear but the room I received was farrrrrrrrr away from the photos. The room had roaches crawling everywhere with a leaking air condition unit. Roaches was under the lamp shades, on the TV, the dresser, crawling down the walls, looking at me like, "(Why are you in our room)."

I went downstairs and told the clerk the room was roach infested and "move me now." She gave me another room which was a little better. I checked for roaches and bed bugs. At this point I was tired so I went to bed. The next morning I showed the photos and videos to the manager and she wasn't surprised. She said "We have a bug problem here and it's nothing we can do about it." She said "We always had roaches." I said "Next time before you take people money, let them know that they will be sharing a room with bugs!!!"

I attempted to stayed the night at Days Inn located in Morrow, GA. The room smelled like urine and pot, no towels, and no soap. The floors had no carpet. I thought room was ugly. Shady looking people hanging out near the area of the room. I did not feel safe and I had my daughter with me. I could not stayed the night there. They wouldn't give me a refund which is worst thing of my experience. I would never spend or recommend Days Inn.

We arrived in the evening, my 2 small children and myself. We checked in around 11:30 pm, we were tired from a long day driving from Fort Lauderdale. Once we got to the room we realized that the room had not been cleaned from the previous guest. The hallway smelled of smoke and the room smelled disastrous. We went down to the front desk to see what could be done.He asked us, "How bad is it, because that is the last room". AS if he thought we would stay in the room in that condition. Little did we know that the entire city was fully booked. I called every single hotel in the town. So the front desk clerk took 2 sets of bed sheets up to the room, not the cleaning cart to change the bed sheets. He realized that he needed more, so he came back down to collect the cleaning cart, then came back down to find different sheets because the ones he took up were stained. He had to return another time to grab another sheet because of stains.

I should have ran. I know, but we had no choice. When we finally got to the room, still smelly and with toothpaste stains in the sink and hairs all over the bathroom floor. It was 2:30 in the morning. They only had hand towels available. In the morning when I asked for regular towels, housekeeping said that none of the housekeeping carts had towels on them. WTH?? Buy some more towels, get some more sheets, clean your rooms!! It was horrible. We jumped up first thing in the morning and checked out. The manager could only say "Oops sorry" Like its a normal occurrence. I will NEVER stay in another Days INN for the rest of my life.

Stayed at Days Inn on Clark rd in Siesta Key Florida and daughter got bit several times by bed bugs on her face and along side of her arms and hip. Notified the front desk and was treated like it was no big deal and was moved to a room that was worse. Smelled like mold and completely disgusting. My daughter spent the two day vacation miserable and now might need to go to hospitals because she is getting pain in her arm where she was bit.

The room was filthy. Mold in the bath tub, and soap still in the shower from the last guests. The bedside lamps did not work, thick dust in top of the bed ledge, and on the chairs. Hair behind the door in the bathroom. It was so nasty I had to check for bed bugs! The manager didn't even give us a discount because we checked in at 6:30 pm, but we dropped stuff off and left because we were late for a concert. I was in no way shape or form looking for a free stay, just what I was owed. The price was way over what should have been expected. The manager was very rude "Ken **". We didn't even get an apology. Very disappointing. I wouldn't let my dogs stay there. The only good thing was my kids weren't there. I would have left when we got back at 3 am. Not recommended and a bodily hazard.

We had booked this hotel online prior to arriving from out of state. Upon arrival at the hotel room it had a very bad smell, the carpet was very dirty, a lamp was broken, and I noticed the wifi connection constantly dropped out. I reported this to the front desk. They gave us another room. My wife noticed a cockroach in the room. Again, they use a very strong cleaner to mask the bad smell in the rooms. We tried the complimentary breakfast, and the space is small. We stood in line for an hour or more as everyone was waiting for the wafflemaker. This hotel is overpriced, outdated, and needs a major overhaul. Better yet tear it down and build a new one!

While staying 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend 2017, we returned to our room on Saturday and Sunday evenings only to find a party of young adults taking place right outside our room in the back parking lot where our new car was parked. Saturday night they had a tent and grill and were very noisy playing games. We complained twice to the front desk with no action taken. The next day we discovered the rear passenger door had been damaged. The cost to repair is $569. We have submitted this to our insurance company and feel the hotel should cover the cost. So far, Days Inn has not responded.

The Days Inn in DeSoto Texas at 1401 N IH 35E, Desoto, Texas 75115. The manager at the Days Inn name is **. On 05/21-05/24 ** without my permission went in and used my points and made a reservation using the dates listed above and I never stayed at the hotel during that time because of an outstanding bill that I owed which was paid in full. The manager there is not to be trusted.

Stayed at Days Inn in Lytle TX. on May 26th and 27th. Room numbers 111 and 112. Rooms were in terrible condition. 112 had no smoke detector and the one in room 111 did not work. Hair dryer was pulled out of wall in 111. Air conditioners in both rooms partially out of wall. A/C in 111 did not work well at all. Black mold around sink in 112. Grab bar in bathtub in 112 appears to have broken and replaced with pvc pipe. Weather stripping on doors nonexistent allowing bugs to enter rooms. Some electrical wires exposed. Appears they are using electrical extension cords. Some type of paint or coating used on bathtubs. Can only guess to cover missing enamel.

Would have left but, it was late and other hotels were full. When checking out, I tried to express my concerns and complaints with manager on duty. He could not understand what I was saying. He finally came over to the rooms and I showed him some of the items. He took my cell number so his manager could call me. Never heard a word from anyone! See attached photos.

Very dissatisfied! My nephew traveling with us was attacked by bedbugs. Bitten multiple times on his back and shoulders. They were given a new room. There was trash everywhere from remodeling. Empty buckets with room keys in them. Caulk tubes empty laying around. Breakfast was pitiful. Muffins were stale and smashed. Danish looked like it was stale also. OJ was watered down. No fresh fruit anywhere. Really feel like they should have paid us combat pay to stay there.

We just got a room in Luray, Virginia. Walked in room wasn't even cleaned from people before us, towels still left in the bathroom from the customers before us... this place is sick. We are all just disgusted with this place so far. Went to set the alarm and the grease build up on the clock was so bad it left pure as day fingerprints on each button. Literally built up grime. I wouldn't even give this place a star. Absolutely ridiculous. Not what I wanted to stay in for 110 a night. This place is a joke. What a nightmare for a clean freak!!! Don't even think about trying this place. My stomach is just in a knot right now.

Days Inn Bellevue in Bellevue, WA 98007 - I stayed at this hotel on Friday, May 5th, 2017. This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Sink was clogged, lights were out, light cover in bathroom was missing, knob to go from bath to shower was missing- only a screw there to try and tug on, hot/cold knob did not work, security lock was cut off and not replaced so no added security, mold stains on wall, mirrors dirty- I was scared to check cleanliness closely!! In the morning, the laundry carts going by on the cement sidewalks outside sound like a plane is taking off. But all of that wasn't the worst part!!! The worst part is I emailed both the General Manager and Front Office/Sales Manager and they never responded to me!! So I doubled checked the emails which were correct and sent a second email just to be sure and still no response!!! This absolutely blows me away.

I was in Hotel Management for 12 years of my life and am very sympathetic to the hotel world and I if I have any major issues with hotels, I always give them the opportunity to fix it. It's the right thing to do. And I am honestly not hard to please, I don't raise a fuss often but this room was ridiculous ladies and gentleman. DO NOT STAY HERE. The fact that a General Manager of the hotel and the Sales Manger of a hotel won't even respond to my emails blows me away. I have never heard of hotel management treating guests like this.

I guess this is the world we are in today but we can all do something about these businesses that are not out for guests anymore, we can stop giving them our business! This is a genuine response of an encounter I had. I'm not out to get anybody. It was important enough for me to take the time out of my day to write this response so people in the future don't have to make the same mistake that I made. I hope this helps someone out there who is on the fence about staying here. Don't!

When we first got to our room the toilet overflowed. The manager told us to come down and get a plunger for the toilet. We would like to have somebody come look at the toilet. When we went to go put something in the refrigerator we noticed that it wasn't working refrigerator, so we had to call again and they did send somebody up to check it out, they got it working. Went to take a shower and there was a spider in the bathtub, washed down the drain and he was back in the morning, then we killed it. After spending a full day with family we got back to the hotel close to midnight, went to the front desk to see about extending stay one more day. There was two customers in front of us. The lady that was checking in was paying for cash for her room, had to fill out a lot of paperwork and then she got her room and left.

The man in front of us that was in line was also paying for cash for his room. He wasn't required to fill out any paperwork for his room. He told the manager it was a room for two people, he came in with another man. The guy that was paying cash for the room was all bling out in gold chains, rubies, and diamonds bracelets. Scary and very unsavory looking character, (we saw the two guys get out of their car and go into the hotel) after given his key and left for his room my sister asked the manager if he knew he was a Pimp and the manager said yes but he was a paying customer.

After concluding our business with the manager went up to our room and noticed outside the window that that same two men was escorting a young lady up to the room across from our hotel room. Curious to see what was going on we watch them for several hours. The girl would leave and come back several times and then a new girl came and she would do the same thing. There was quite the ruckus going on in the room above us all night long. The next night they were there again but we did see them check in we just saw the same activity going on. My sister and our families will never stay at the Days Inn in West Covina again. We also filed a complaint with the West Covina Police Department.

4/7/17 motel stay at Days Inn Mount Hope WV. Had large amount of money with us because we were car shopping for our 16 yr old daughter. We had this money inside a large book inside a bag in the room. We mistakenly left the bag when we checked out. We returned a few hours later to retrieve the bag and noticed $900 missing. Not sure if the money was taken when we left for breakfast before we checked out or later because we did not discover the bag missing until we got down the road a little way. Either way, one of the staff admitted rambling through the bag but denied taking any money. I filed a police report with the Raleigh County Sheriff's Department and made numerous calls to Days Inn Corporate and tried to resolve the issue with the hotel owner, all having zero results. Please help.

Arrived to an old hotel with only one person at the desk to service 12 people. No terrace. Locked windows. Dirty stinky carpet. Peeling paint. No refrigerator. Not sure about bed bugs(to be continued). Was kept holding on the phone for service only to be disconnected and no one answered when I called back. Took me four tries. Only one small elevator that was creaky. Everyone cramming in because they don't want to miss the elevator that won't be back for at least 5 minutes. Help. I don't know how to get out of here. My daughter made the reservation for me as a gift. Don't know how to tell her it's a dump!!!

It was dirty and in very bad shape. Leaky ceilings and we paid $75.59 for this. False advertising. Nothing like the pictures advertised. I WANT A REFUND OR I WILL POST ALL OF THESE PICTURES ONLINE. JUST PLAIN DIRTY!!! A RIP-OFF. One week to fix this or I will post all pictures... You should be ashamed of yourselves. We trusted you by your advertising and photos... You lied...

My husband and I booked a room for 2 nights for an event in Kentucky. The room we were given was musty smelling, dirty carpet, cold water for the shower, wallpaper peeling. We left after one night. Hotel staff denied any problems with the rooms. Said they did not smell, no other complaints. This was a lie, as other people in our group had to ask for clean sheets, and their rooms smelled. We had to stay one night. We bought Lysol. Towels were like cardboard. Awful hotel. They would not refund us for the night we didn't stay. I think this was wrong due to the horrible conditions of this hotel. Staff was awful too.

When I arrived to the hotel I originally had a reservation. They claimed that they could not find it which meant I had to pay more money out of pocket. They were so unprofessional. For some reason they didn't have me registered to the room and the housekeepers were harassing us because I guess they thought we weren't supposed to be there. They had roaches and bed bugs, toilet did not work, overrated prices, the housekeepers are lazy as hell. We basically cleaned our own room everyday. They claim they serve breakfast. That is a lie. They have no hot food, juice machine was out of order, bread with no toaster but claim they serve toast. This was the worst experience of a hotel I have ever had in my entire life and especially for that price. Do your research on hotels before you come to this one.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.
  • Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.
  • Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.
  • Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.
  • Best for Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Compare Hotel Brands