2.44/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 24, 2018

412 Days Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 24, 2018

I recently booked a room at the Days Inn on Poole Street in Gulfport Ms. Upon arriving at the location, I quickly noticed the hotel was NOT the hotel in the photos on the Days Inn website that indicated the exact address. The hotel was in extremely poor and unsafe conditions. The rooms were filthy and smelled horrible, holes in the bathtub, the door handle to the room was broken along with the entire set of rooms along that 2nd floor level, the adjoining door to the room next to mine had been broken into and the lock had been broken and not fixed, the eating breakfast area was IN THE LOBBY of the hotel where you check in and had old piles of food left for what must have been for days.

I immediately asked the front desk attendant to cancel my reservations due to the conditions of the hotel as to which I was refused and told there was no manager on duty to make that call or take my complaints. However, I saw what turned out to be the manager behind a closed door adjoining the hotel lobby. I was approached by a drug dealer on the way to my vehicle to get my bags as I was told I had already been charged prior to my arrival. Days Inn IS A PAY UPON ARRIVAL policy hotel. These people ran my credit card at 4:00 PM to charge me the first nights stay and stated they assumed I was a no show. I arrived there at 5 PM on the first afternoon of my reservation. I never indicated a specific time a arrival when I booked the rooms.

They also had 2 other couples leave the hotel due to the same reasons I didn't wish to stay there and they were also told they would not be issued a refund. The attendant was very unwilling to help me and stated she would not refund my 2 nights that I was charged and that I was free to leave without a refund. I am now disputing the charges through my bank. I am extremely disappointed in how this situation was handled and how I was taken advantage of by Days Inn and Wyndham Group as no one was willing to resolve this problem or offer a resolution. All I wanted to do was transfer my reservation to a safe and clean Wyndham Group Hotel in the area for my weekend getaway. This was a total nightmare! NEVER BOOK THIS HOTEL. If I could rate this hotel a -0 it still wouldn't be good enough.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The Days Inn in Orlando had great price, quiet, clean, and great staff. Universal Studios was within walking distance, which we did 2 times. Good bedding, rooms were quiet, could not hear the neighbors, and the pool was great. We stayed there for 4 days and loved it and you could not beat the price. I would go back again.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Booked No Smoking Room in No Smoking Building behind office at Days Inn Show Low, Arizona. Assured this would not be an issue. The noise level and Smoking which was Done outside the room door close to one of the building entrances caused sleepless night with complaints to manager ignored. Days Inn provided 15% Discount on room charge. Later the Illegal drug activity and criminal elements on the property contributed to the death of Officer Reed of Show Low. People in the rural town were stunned saying that kind of thing just does not happen in Show Low.

It does, it just did and no one was proactive preventing these types of crimes; escalating in the area. PC Public Culpability Days Inn long time owners doing nothing to provide a safe nonhostile environment; complicit, culpable in Problems pervasive on the property management and longtime owners are aware of; fail to address. Management is the problem; not the solution. Stay at a safer location if there is one.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The Days Inn side in Reno Nevada is much nicer than the Super 8 side with nice clean rooms, parking in front of the room, great staff, quiet, easy check in and out. But the Super 8 side is pet friendly while the Days Inn side is not.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I set up a one day room rental through Hotels.com for 3/21/2018, Confirmation number: ** for $96.53. We checked into Days Inn Lanham, MD, and a chair was holding open the door to our assigned room 108. Upon inquiry, the front desk said the room prep was completed needing towels. We left some luggage in room and upon returning the room bed linen was totally unacceptable. Bed poorly made, linen looked worn, linen was dingy, with wrinkled sheets and pillowcases. I have pictures to prove my point. All I am asking for is a refund. I would like to add that the young lady at the front desk was very polite, friendly and professional. I can be reached via email or my cell. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have stay on several occasion and I truly enjoyed my stay in Days Inn Greenville. I've never had or encounter a bad experience. Whatever my needs they were taken care of without question.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Rooms were clean at Days Inn Ocean Springs MS. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast and cable were good. Convenient to everything. You don't want to waste your time trying to figure out where things are located.

Original review: March 20, 2018

This hotel in Michigan, Detroit need better elevators and better breakfast with more drink options. Every modeling in a swimming pool wasn't down when I was there but it was great for that price.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Everyone in the Valley Park, MO branch was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice considering it's not one of the fancier hotels. The pool was clean and the entrances were all conveniently located. There are plenty of restaurants and convenience stores very close by and it was accommodating to pets, which I really enjoyed and appreciated even though I didn't have a pet with me. There is also shopping close by if someone needed it.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Traveling with my pet, Days Inn at Forrest City, AR gave me what they called a handicapped accessible room. It was so stuffed with furniture I was hardly able to move so how could anyone with a wheelchair? The restaurant contracted for them were not open on time & had an attitude because we were waiting in line & were very rude. If I return to that area I will find a different hotel that takes pets even if I must travel more miles to my destination.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I had a very disturbing experience in Days Inn Colorado Springs. It was not very good price and not very good place to stay. The housekeeper's dryer caught fire, the customer next door was a drunk and smelled to high heaven. The only good thing about it was the housekeepers and the breakfast.

Original review: March 12, 2018

The room at Days Inn Bismarck was clean, but the staff was less than helpful and friendly. The hours for eating were very limited. The restaurant was in the bar and the food was not as good as it could have been.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

We checked in on Sunday, February 11, 2018 after the 7 day cruise on RRC. I asked for a handicap room because my wife and sister-in-law have some special needs. We were given room 123 lower level facing the parking lot. All went well until we returned home to find a $250.00 charge on my account. I called to find out that we were charged $250.00 for smoking in this room. None of us smoke at all. I called the manager numerous time to discuss this issue and I am put on hold or disconnected. Finally my brother in law reached the manager on Monday, February 19th. The manager said there was nothing he could do because we didn't report any type of orders when we checked in.

This is an older hotel with a musk type of smell. We were never instructed at check in report any type of orders or smells. I have filed a complaint with Days Inn Corp, BBB, Travel Trip and Expedia. I am encouraging anyone that travels not to stay at the Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port. They must not of made their numbers and need addition revenue from stealing from senior citizens.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Our visit to Days Inn Jamaica was awful, left us ill, and worse. Yet despite talking to customer service of both Days Inn and of Wyndham Hotels (the parent company), no one has shown any real concern for our experience. There were three different problems at the hotel: First, the 'free' shuttle took almost 2 hours to get us. It took so long, even shuttle drivers from other hotels felt sorry for us and tried calling in to Days Inn to find our ride. Days Inn is incompetent; they do not seem to be connected to the airport Kiosk Days Inn dedicated phone, just before you come out to the pickup area, that contacts the hotel shuttles. This is all made worse by my heart condition; being left out in humid, sweltering heat was hard on me and would stress anyone with cardiac or health issues. Someone could get seriously ill from being left out in such heat; we both felt sick the entire evening.

Secondly, the bed was not good. We slept poorly, and the pillows were strange - they had only these smaller, square-shaped pillows. That was frustrating. Thirdly, and worse for my wife, was the bathroom floor - which was dangerously slippery. Please realize, we travel a lot, so we do know the difference. This floor was not normal, it was *very* slick. Their maid service clearly used the wrong cleaner, maybe trying too hard to make the floor look shinier? At the time of our stay, my wife was recovering from a broken foot, so we were very aware and worried about this shiny slick floor. What if someone were to fall down, or get seriously injured in a Days Inn or Wyndham, because of problems like this? We feel that if that happens, we hope their lawyers see this review. Also, it's hard for me to believe that we are the first to have these experiences at Days Inn, and therefore - if it happens again - that would show a pattern of negligence.

After the trip we talked to Days Inn Customer Service, found no help so we also talked to Wyndham Customer service - yet neither one has any real sympathy. No one there seems to understand how unhappy we were, and thus very little effort was made on our behalf. Therefore, these are poor customer service organizations, and we are recommending people avoid BOTH Days Inn, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.

This was our one-year wedding anniversary trip. We expected a lot more. We were able to recover after that, and enjoy the trip - but it was an unnecessarily difficult start. Even Wyndham senior staff (meaning VP's, & above, contacted on LinkedIn) do not seem to really understand how we feel. In summary let me say that we strongly urge people to avoid any Days Inn, and Wyndham as well - because if customer service is not good in a hotel, if you don't see some concern and some action (both to fix the problems, and to make it right with the consumer) - then you should not stay there.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My husband and son stayed at the Days Inn in Terre Haute, IN. The U-Haul they were driving, with everything in it my son owned, was stolen right out of the parking lot. When they went inside to ask for help or to view the security footage they were told that only a manager could access the system and it was down anyway. They received no help whatsoever. When contacting the corporate office of Days Inn I was informed that Days Inn is a franchise and you need to deal directly with individual Days Inn owners. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend anyone stay here. It is obviously not a safe place.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Days Inn Kansas City International Airport - I stayed for one night. Shower apparently leaked into the lower level, so was told to NOT use the shower at all. Male manager kept trying to come in my room, after me telling him several times - NO - no water on floor, but my daughter was trying to get dressed, and other daughter was sleeping. He came back 5-10 min later and tried 2 more times to come in. I again reiterated he couldn't come in, and the issue was NOT getting water on the floor, the floor was dry, but could see the crack where caulking needed redone. Again because I wasn't allowed to use the shower, I felt I should of been given another room. Of course I wasn't... Poor management, unable to use shower, and no room replacement. Would Not recommend. Room was nice enough, but there were a few what looked like hairballs stuck to the walls which was also gross.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Me and my wife stayed at the Days Inn in Kansan City. They were to give us free breakfast but when we went down to eat breakfast they were out of food and it was 8:30 am, but had plenty of coffee. The swimming pool is also never open. Too expensive for the room.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Days Inn in Yucaipa, Arizona - The bed was like sleeping on heavenly clouds and the shower was like a waterfall, all the room a person could ask for. The staff was also attentive and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Days Inn Colorado Springs Colorado USA - The room had not been cleaned and there were dirty clothes in the bathtub. The blankets also stunk like pee. Staff was good but that's the only good thing I seen.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada - The room was very clean, nicely decorated and nice hotel with lots of parking. I have allergies to dogs and the first hotel I stayed in that I had no symptoms. The lobby and hallways were also very nice.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Black River Falls, Wisconsin Days Inn - New lobby, spacious rooms, big parking area for trailer and trucks. 24 hours indoor pool and hot-tub, fridge, microwave, new rooms, love the pictures, new mirror, hot breakfast.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Days Inn in Crystal River, Florida was pleasant. It was on the middle of being updated, which it was. Usually clean, good value, w/ good amenities. Typically, it has a breakfast bar, possibly due to the reno. The pool was clean but dated. It was nearby places we were going & Restaurant nearby.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Tulsa, Oklahoma location - Easy on the budget, clean rooms, professional service, knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, eager to help. Knew the city to help get around. Knew the taxi schedules and the cheapest rates.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Days Inn in Clayton, GA, USA. We arrived and was given a room, when we entered we noticed a scent. As we looked around, on the side of the second bed on the rug was dog poop and the rug looked like it was not cleaned or vacuumed. I immediately called and the night auditor was inattentive and did not care. He basically expected us to sleep there and I asked him if he would sleep in a room like this. He then said to come down to pick up another room key. I was disappointed for the price we spent on that night.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

It was inconvenient because you have to put 100.00 dollar deposit (Provo, Utah location). You get it back if the room is satisfactory. You have to go get them then they check it to make sure you can have your 100.00.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Grande Prairie, AB (Canada) hotel had very clean rooms. The staff were very clean and attentive to my needs. It was within close proximity of shopping and restaurants. There were other motels/hotels in the area but they were not as well received as this one was which made our decision easy.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

My stay at San Antonio Texas Days Inn was relaxing and fun. The view are beautiful. Riverwalk very nice. Food was great. The employees were helpful. I would go back for my next stay. There's a lot of activities to do also.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Fulton MS Days Inn was fine for a ordinary hotel but the price was a little high in my opinion. It was clean and decent place to stay but the costs on everything has gone up and keeps going up.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Days Inn Motels are reasonably clean, relatively small rooms, and functional. This is not a luxury resort, and by no means is Atlantic City a superior facility among Days Inns, but for a safe night's sleep, it is ok.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Days Inn Arlington Texas - It's nothing like the ad, wasn't what I expected. It was trash in the parking lot, the room were clean so that was a plus. They need to work on air quality.

Days Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

• Best for: Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs