3.8/5 (61 ratings)

About Days Inn

Days Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: May 6, 2022

I booked a room at the Days INN in Kamloops BC with a KING bed. Got to the room and the bed is a QUEEN. Went to the front desk. They say it is a KING. Measured it. 60" wide! A KING is 80" wide! The headboard is 89" wide, hmmm.... apparently a QUEEN bed is actually a KING bed in disguise! Oh, and by the way, the person at the desk is not exactly the nicest person I've met in the last few decades! Contacted PRICELINE immediately. They called the hotel - same story! Asked for a supervisor. They called -- again, no luck. Oh well. I guess they changed the size of a KING bed without anyone knowing it.; What poor customer service from Days INN and from PriceLine.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Horrible room! So dirty! Hoped to have a nice visit in Tampa for Yankees Spring Training. So disappointed and disgusted. Don't stay at the Days Inn near Ybor City! I unfortunately could not change hotels, so I was stuck. I had to go buy cleaning supplies and my own pillow and blanket. The smell was so horrible! When I returned home had to launder my clothes straight away. One bag has been trashed because I can't get the smell out. Horrible experience. To top it off the clerk would not honor my AARP discount. Steer clear!!!

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I don't know if other Days Inns are similar, but the one off of I-65 Nashville, Trinity exit, should be shut down. I've stayed in some dumps, but nothing like this. Between the smell and filth, it was indescribable. Sink faucet wasn't even connected to sink. Had booked 3 days through Hotels.com, was supposed to have free cancellation. They told me I could have a refund for the third night, but then refused. If you book online, NEVER use the pay at motel option. I was afraid to use the shower. I guess it was a lesson learned.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

It is a worse place to spend a night. I will not recommend you staying there. If you have other places to stay, go there. I really regret paying my $108.00 in this piece of craps. My advice to you is stay away.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I and my family went to Days Inn by Wyndham to lodge for two days. We booked two rooms. The receptionist there and her manager gave us a room they already sold out. When we opened the room, we saw a naked man with towel on his make. We started apologizing. We went to the other room and saw no fridge or microwave, someone already checked out from it and the room was not cleaned up. There was condom on the floor. We went down to complain and also request for a fridge, they called police on us and ordered us out with the help of police and refused to refund our money. Banks was notified and civil court will be filed for the money they stole.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

The entrances to the rooms are on the outside. Outside on the sidewalk I was greeted by a big pile of dog poop. Upon entering the room the first thing I noticed was deep black gouges in the flooring. Second thing I noticed was the sticky black floor. Next thing I noticed was dust covered every surface of this room. There was black dust on the lampshades even on the light bulbs. A huge layer of dust and fingerprints all over the furniture in in the room. The nightstand was dirty and dusty and sticky fingerprints all over it. Credenza drawers pot or tobacco leaves in it and dead bugs. The stink had fingernail polish in it and hair. The refrigerator was lopsided and being stabilized by a prescription bottle cap. Mini refrigerator has old gooey food and it smells. There were no shelves in the refrigerator. The microwave? The microwave had gunk under the plate and the top of the microwave had splattered old food in it and it smells rancid.

Let's get to the bathroom. The bathroom floor was dirty and an had hair. I guess repairs to the bathtub are done by painting it. That was peeling up in huge chunks of about 10 inches across. The shower curtain what's disgusting there it was black mildew on the bottom of it that's disgusting. Toilet paper roll holders missing. The towels were shoved into a broken towel rack and were stained. The sheets on the bed.? On one bed it only had one sheet and no blanket. The other bed look like the pillowcases were blackened with whatever hair product. Cigarette Burns were on sheets and the blankets. The window unit in the room is so heavy with dust you can see it from the outside. There are holes all over the walls.

Went to turn a light on and the whole light fixture fell out hanging by the cords. Underneath the sink is black. It's black with old hair and dust and dirt. The clothes rack is non-existent. Two bars on the wall but no rack but they do have the holes where they used to be. I am a rewards member and pay FULL PRICE. For What? So I can clean someone else's neglect? This is NOT WHAT WYNDHAM wants to represent their company. Action needs to be taken in correcting this situation. I request my money back.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

We paid extra for a (suite) to have an extra hide a bed in the couch only to find when we went to bed that the legs were broken off and the bed wouldn’t even fold out! We slept on the floor. The room was not cleaned or sanitized prior to us checking in even though we called ahead. When we addressed this with the hotel front desk they said they would let maintenance know. When I reached out to discuss the refund and problems with the room she stated that there was no record of my complaint of the room! She said it was my fault that the front desk failed to report to maintenance about our room! When requesting a full refund we were told they didn’t note it so there was nothing they could do! There is something we can do. Choose to never stay nor recommend this hotel and let all of our friends know not to patronize this substandard Wyndham hotel and circus.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I booked this stay with Hotels.com a few days before my trip. On the way to check-in, literally, as I was driving to the property, I received a call from a front desk staff named John. Rudely, I was told my room was cancelled and I needed to find another place to stay. The hotel overbooked and gave my room away. I was in Atlanta during a busy holiday weekend. John also rudely told me, he didn't know what I was going to do, but you can't stay here. I questioned my booking as it was guaranteed. I was not offered and options or help. This was infuriating as this was early evening and at the last minute I had to find another hotel.

Once I arrived back from my trip. I called and asked for a manager. I spoke with Porcha, who said I needed to contact hotel.com for my refund as I was charged. Hotels.com "says" they never got ahold of the hotel. I also left a message for the hotel. I then contacted Days Inn customer service and they gave me a confirmation number and told me someone would contact me in regards to the unfortunate situation. I should have known, no one was going to contact me. This is the worst customer I've ever experience in my life. Please stay away from Days Inn Kennesaw, Ga. I will NOT stay at another Days Inn by Wyndham. I am disgusted by their service and lack of help to resolve this matter. STAY AWAY from this property.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I don’t recommend this hotel. I found everything bad in this hotel and nothing good. The beds, floors, sink, bathtub, floors, microwave, freezer, the phone and tv don’t work etc and the smell terrible. I entered for a few minutes and something bites my daughter legs and arms. I paid for it room and I still waiting for my refund.

Original review: July 20, 2021

BED BUGS!! Days Inn in Washington, Pennsylvania. Do NOT stay at this hotel. Upon arrival we discovered bed bugs. We took pictures, reported it to the front desk, and requested a refund. The woman at the front desk said "ewww" and called her manager/owner. He instructed her to NOT give us a refund. She told us that they had a company that comes in every week to verify that there's no bed bugs. I asked for the name of the company or a phone number for them. She could not provide either. But said if we could even get a refund it wouldn't be until the "company" comes in.

I asked for the manager's contact information. She would not give it to me and not would not let me speak to me. She told me he would be in the next day. I called the hotel the next day, the manager was "unavailable". I asked for an email address, got a weird email with a bunch of numbers. I have yet to hear from the owner after I was told that he would contact me.

In addition to the biggest, obvious problem of bed bugs. There was leftover food in the fridge from the last person, dried urine on the bathroom floor, and the carpets were utterly disgusting. I asked if they would do anything about the bed bugs, if they were planning on letting anyone know, and if they were planning on booking that same room after we left to someone else. The front desk woman said they will operate as normal until this "company" (that she couldn't provide any proof actually exists) comes in NEXT WEEK. Meanwhile, everyone that stays here is at risk. We warned everyone we could on the way out. We just wanted a refund. Do the right thing, owner Vijay Patel.

Days Inn author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

Days Inn Company Information