1.60/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

443 Days Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Nasty rooms and service. I was switched into three different dirty rooms after they cancelled my reservation. Hotel management was very rude. And as for the c.s. Is a joke. They do not take your complaints seriously. And the whole thing is it's nothing we as customers can do.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Merced is my hometown. I visited to see my Children and grandchildren. My plan was to stay a maximum of 6 days...I stayed three weeks. The entire staff from the manager Melissa to each and every staff worker took themselves above and beyond to assure that my stay was very comfortable. Yes, this is a budget motel, however, I was treated every bit as well as if I would have been staying at a high priced Hotel. Jasmine, at the front desk and every lady that was in charge of room keeping treated me with a smile and professional service!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I checked in with my family at around 11:30 pm at Days Inn Manning SC, I was accompanied with my family. The room we checked in had cockroaches in our room plus the beds were very uncomfortable and unclean. We went to the lobby to mention to the front desk, the lady was rude and offered us to cancel the room. She showed no courtesy and was extremely rude, she said, "I can't do anything if you have cockroach in your room." It was a pathetic experience. Her language was insulting and she was losing her temper.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Days Inn is more inexpensive compared with all others. Their accent was partially different but their overall breakfast & benefits were entirely helpful. Their location is slightly within the lower suburbs outside of Reading, but their overall value is entirely worth it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot, very impressed with those things. However, the breakfast was a disappointment. Bagels and oatmeal was below average. The coffee was good as was the juice. But overall it could of been worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Stayed at 2 Days Inn motels, Gallup NM & Terra Haute IN. Both rooms in poor condition, especially the Terrace Haute location. Contacted Days Inn by mail, with included photos with no response. Evidently they are as attentive to their customers as they are to their properties. How they stay in business is a mystery to me. The Terra Haute location had stained, ripped furniture, nasty bathroom, broken lights , etc. I swear I heard “critters” in the room at night. I will never stay at Days Inn properties again, especially when they don’t have the common decency to respond to my queries. I will recommend to all I know to avoid these properties.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We left this disgusting place! Arrived and started to unpack and shower, but: Bugs started crawling across the ceiling and slowly increasing in number. We booked a NON smoking room, but found burns on the countertop, and through the bedding. Multiples of NASTY stains on the bed covers, as though not washed. They were truly gross! I had to get my kids out of there, so we left! The manager, Christina, later refused a full refund. I showed them the pictures I took, but she didn't care. Stay Away from this place!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The Days Inn in Salisbury North Carolina was a nightmarish experience. It is definitely not compliant with the American Disability Act. I would discourage anyone with a disability to stay there. The flight of stairs is definitely not conducive to wheelchairs or walkers. There is NO ELEVATOR. If their personnel were trained in customer service they would have assisted me in the negotiation of the stairs. I reiterate the hotel is not recommended at all for persons with disabilities.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My wife and I stayed in this motel on our way to do disaster relief after Hurricane Florence. The tub had been painted and was cracking so badly we could not bathe in it. Above the tub was a bare lightbulb and no fixture. There was no stopper on the tub and it was stopped up - we could not take a bath that night. There was construction in the lobby where they were leveling a concrete floor. They continued hammering on concrete until 1:00 am and were working until 3:30 am. I got hardly any sleep. I complained. The hotel only offered $6.00 credit! Wyndham offered to give me points towards another stay somewhere... which means I will have to spend even more money with them ($40+) in order to use the discount! So, the hotel I stayed in offered nothing. If I choose to use my discount, another hotel rents a room for $40+ depending upon the hotel quality. The only loser in the situation? ME. Worst hotel experience in 65 years.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Get another motel as this one has worn out facilities in the room including the tub, sink and doors. Mold on walls and ceiling over tub. This room is Substandard and I will not stay at this hotel again. Are all Days Inns like this? If so, I will not stay at this chain again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

FRAUD by Days Inn Austin Univ/Downtown at 3105 North I-35, Austin, TX. I made a 4-days reservation and then canceled it (before cancel deadline). Hotel charged my credit card $529. I wrote to hotel, no response. I disputed with Chase. Hotel sent to Chase a Fake Registration Form with my signature Forged! And a Fake Bill (dated departure date) with my signature Forged!. So, hotel claimed I stayed. But I was not in the US during these 4 days and proved it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We stayed at this so called Days Inn by Wyndham Middleburg Heights in Cleveland, Ohio in Aug. 25th, 2018. It was the worst experience ever. How dare people call this a hotel??? It's not pet friendly, rather it's insect friendly, bed bugs all over the place. Fake pictures on the website, staff don't know AB hospitality, rude and mad faces. Breakfast are from 7 to 9 am (why not make it 7 to 7:15, it will save you money). Dirty washroom, shame on you for calling this a Wyndham. Will never stay there again and will never recommend it. If there is anything less than this star you would've got it. It's a huge mistake to call this place hotel. We paid $139.84 US for 2 rooms and it was the worst experience for everyone.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This was the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed at! They said it was renovated, what a joke!! No hot water, no curtains, the tiniest bathroom ever. All the furniture we’d Broken, lamps falling apart. All I have to say is DON'T stay here!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I stayed April 15th for one night. I called the location and told then I will be there in the 15th. They said, "15th of May?" I said, "No, tomorrow the 15th." "Oh let me change that in the computer. Okay, you are all set for tomorrow." I came in and paid cash, but wanted to put a credit card on file, it is their policy, I was told. [Follow month] I get a charge on my credit card for $95.75. I called the hotel and they told me it was a no show fee. I explained that it was a mistake and I had stayed there a month ago. I was traveling and don't even live in the state of FL. I didn't stay there May 15th. She said, "Call customer service!" And hung up on me. I have called several times and they keep telling me "no shows" are non-refundable. I get that but I didn't "no show."

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Days Inn down town Pensacola Florida. This brings new meaning to the phrase roach motel/hotel. The beds hard as rocks, trains going through, other sirens going on, trash trucks 4 am. The free breakfast I wouldn’t even feed my dog. It was so bad. The one good thing was the shower. It had plenty of pressure and hot water. If you go to their pictures let’s they are deceiving.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My friend and I each had a room there overnight recently - $114 wasted each - list of complaints... Front desk was not at all helpful or friendly, door cards don't work, tv broken, no hot water for showers at all, no coffee pot, and finally when we went for the continental breakfast, it just about was ripped from our hands, before we could finish. ALL WE GOT REALLY WAS A BED TO SLEEP IN - No Amenities. For $114 each too much!!!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Just a note you have to do a star- BY NO MEANS DOES THIS ESTABLISHMENT DESERVE A PIECE OF A STAR! Stayed with family, 2 rooms, 8 people. Another guest thought it was a good idea to have a fire on walkway. Called office, they responded, people did not listen to them, (if that's even what they said to the people), disgusting office staff, no one knows anything, very unprofessional! We went down to office to complain again, only to be told leave them alone. They are putting it out (as my daughter sees the fire outside on the walkway still blazing), at that point lady doing fire went absolutely crazy, pushed myself from behind into a pillar on stairs, attacked my daughter and daughter in law.

Called ridiculous town cops, they came for nothing, one told me if I wanted to press charges I would need to come back 4 or 5 times maybe more for court (can't do that), also that that town has more gangs than Atlanta Ga has. Don't stay in this town, really weird things to say to a bleeding woman, another sad cop told the idiot that attacked and started the whole thing that he was sorry for the inconvenience! Is this the stupidest thing you have ever heard? So a review is if you value your life and your family's do not stay here! No camera coverage anywhere, they allow drinking at pool! No limits on how many can be in pool, says 40 to 50 people-but well over 75 people just party on weekends!

Original review: July 26, 2018

I had a long journey. Decided to stay in their hotel, I'm an avid customer there but the guy charged me twice for one day stay, when I complaint cause it shows in my mobile banking they refused and says it's the bank. I called the bank. They says it's the merchant. Going back and forth. The thing was they were very rude as they treat you as customer, yelling, screaming and there is one lady that works there who called me a stupid. I will never ever go back there. It was a very unpleasant welcome. Please treat your customer right as nurse we do have the same motto, customer is always right! That is how I treat my patients...

Original review: July 17, 2018

As a frequent patron (visiting approximately monthly) & Wyndham Rewards member who enjoys & recommends this hotel (lovely, clean, comfy hotel) it saddens me to share what happened BEFORE our stay even began. We arrived earlier than the STRICT 3pm check-in, expecting to wait in the EMPTY lobby, which we did for about 20 minutes (quietly, no mess, not in the way) but were told to leave by the notoriously rude front desk clerk I have come to tolerate: "It's for guests with rooms" as she visits with a friend (who I assume doesn't have a room) for over 30 min.

While waiting for a ride, security gives us a 15 min warning! Refusing to allow us to leave luggage while being forced out, while an employee lounges in said lobby watching TV, perhaps he had a room. A complaint was filed by phone, received by a friendly yet embarrassed representative, which is quite fitting considering the way we were treated. This is how Days Inn is represented! Hospitality at its finest! I used to recommend this hotel, not sure I will continue. At the time this review was written, 3:11pm, still waiting for my room! #livid

Original review: July 16, 2018

My wife and I checked into the Days Inn - Lumberton, NC Sunday evening, July 8. We were given room 119. When we entered the room, I commented, "Smells like dog." We turned on the AC and went out to get something to eat. When we returned, the dog smell wasn't quite as bad, so we decided to stay. After being in the room for awhile, my wife felt a bite on her leg and when she looked on the floor, we noticed fleas. We packed up as quickly as possible and I called the front desk for a new room.

We were given a room on the second floor. This room apparently was last updated in the 1970s. The door didn't fit right, there was no remote and at least two lamps had no light bulbs. The carpet appeared clean but there was a musty smell. When we checked out, I asked for a discount for the trauma of having been given a room infested with fleas. The manager offered me 5%. 5%?! Are you kidding me?! He said they would have to investigate my claim and, if verified, they would consider a bigger discount. I worked in hotels as night auditor for 8 years. This kind of experience would have earned a compensation. My recommendation for this hotel is that they tear it down and start over! It is that bad!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Stayed 14 nights at this hotel with free parking. 2 weeks later deducted £168 in parking fines in their car park. Contacted them. Don't pay l was told. l have already had it debited from my bank account by rental company. Their customer could not care less department are incompetent. Don't stay there.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Days Inn New Orleans Airport, Kenner, LA - I was wondering why it was so empty. Cockroaches were spotted in our room, unventilated bathroom, and general disrepair. Bathtub was slippery and I fell. I reported falling and response was "I will let them know." I mean I don't even get an "are you ok???" It's not like I was asking for anything free, though I really should consider suing. You get free parking, free ice, free coffee and soaps. Continental breakfast? Where? You get what you pay for.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Our stay was the worst experience!!! We checked in early yesterday, July 1st and they have indicated to come back because room was not ready yet. Which is fine but when I came back exactly at 3 which is the check in time, receptionist said, room was not ready yet. I was perfectly okay with this as I understand it's a busy day at the same time it's a hot weather. Anyway, we were able to check in just before 330pm. My family and I planned to leave the hotel to go to Clifton Hill and enjoy the scenery, play and watch the fireworks.

When we came back, I hear security and my friend arguing because we are apparently being disrupted and security said the complain was our kids were jumping. Our kids were sleeping and we just got back from Clifton Hill. Wondering and wanted to get to the bottom of this I tried speaking to the security. Did not even hear me out as I heard was we have 5 minutes to leave the property and I was not aware that there was a first complain already. Despite the fact that I tried to have it all settled, none of the staff or even security looked for me, the one that booked the room to discuss this matter. My cousin and I went to the lobby and a receptionist on the night shift plus the security was yelling at me because they said that our kids were jumping and making noises and that is the complaint.

I have tried to explain that we just got back from Clifton Hill and our kids were asleep. Even the police was involved. Shut me down and basically it is what is, the security made the decision to have us leave the property in the middle of the night with a 2 and a 3 year old that was blamed for making noises but are asleep. Any parent that will be at this situation will be upset, will curse obviously especially if you know it was unfair and uncalled for. I have paid so much and additional charges has been applied and I am so upset as we had to drive back to Toronto not getting the refund obviously at midnight waking our kids who they said was jumping.

I was never spoken to from the staff and no manager was to be found to speak to! Basically the situation was dealt with unfairly and none of the staff or even the security looked for me. I have always booked a room in this hotel and this has been the worst experience and embarrassing. I felt so degraded, disrespected and unjustified. No matter what it should have been, I had the right to be heard but was not. The worst worst worst experience!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Last year in July my son made reservations for a room at Days Inn at Chino Valley over the internet. When he went to sign in he was informed he had no reservation. He showed him his confirmation number. They informed him he had no room and they were full. Sent him on his way to travel with his family at night with his family. This year I called Days Inn at Chino and made reservation. Printed out confirmation. To make a story short, 4 of us had to head back to hometown at night because Days Inn rented my room and they were full.

Original review: June 28, 2018

On 6-15-18, I phoned to make a reservation. Showed up and waited 30 minutes for the desk clerk to talk to another unsatisfied customer. He didn't speak to me or recognize I was there. He just kept talking. I left and phoned to cancel reservation. Then my bank account got debited $126. I phoned the business and some rude lady told me that I was being charged a no-show fee and a travel consultant fee of $87. I do not agree with this and I have filed a BBB complaint. This type of treatment should not be allowed. I am a senior citizen. I want a refund. If you want a lawyer to call me tell him to do so. I am the victim and this is a true account of what happened. Based on other reviews I've read, I am not the only one. This business should be shut down.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Days Inn. North Miami - This place defines “sketchy”. Filthy rugs, bedding wrinkled and askew, light switch was a hanging greasy string. Stayed before and after flying on 10 day trip and same clientele occupied parking area, some scantily dressed.

Original review: June 15, 2018

After driving a 14 hour day over the road, I hit my hotel room, shower and go to climb in the bed when what awaits me? Bedbug... yes you read that right... bedbug. Then when informing the front desk night clerk, I am informed that it is not a bedbug but rather outdoor beetle. Then I am told that I can return to my room or sleep in my truck. Really? These rooms are not cheap and I especially do not appreciate the hateful and very loud tone that I was dealt. So, heads up, if you plan on sleeping in a Days Inn, please search your rooms thoroughly or you may be leaving with more baggage than you brought in with you and definitely less money as they would rather argue with you than just check out the bedbug situation and make it right.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My husband and I stayed one night at Days Inn Marietta and I was covered in bed bug bites. The hotel manager was rude and apologetic even after we explained that I was getting married the next day and now had horrible bites all over my body for my wedding day!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I booked a room for 2 2 queen size bed with smoking. When I arrived I was given a room that had 1 full size bed and a couch. I went to the desk and showed them that was not the room I reserved. They said that's all they had and it wasn't their fault because I had booked it online with Expedia. I showed them my print out of what I had booked and they said that is not what they received from Expedia. I got on the phone with Expedia and told them I needed to get out of there. I swear I saw blood on the wall and lots of dirt. I would not have let my dog stay there. This Days Inn was in Pontoon Beach Illinois at 5105 Hwy 111 Granite City IL. PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Days Inn 2102 Coulter Dr. Amarillo Texas - I am a disabled person. When I called for my reservation I asked for a room close to the office. I did not ask for a disabled room just close to the office so that I would not have to walk so far as I am on a walker. When I checked they put me in a room about one block away from the office. I asked to be moved but they would not let me move. I called for a towel at the front desk but was told I would have to walk down there to get it. Only after telling them I would call their manager they finally brought me the towel. I want others to know about this treatment. I paid 64.30 per night for 2 nights a charge on my credit card.

Days Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

• Best for: Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs