Days Inn

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I stayed for one night and found accommodations to be less than satisfactory. The television had local channels only although free cable was advertised. "Pets Welcome" was advertised but, when I checked out, the owner/manager scolded me and told me that they no longer accept pets. When I reviewed my bank statement the next day, I found that I was charged two additional charges of $50 and $100 above and beyond my $60 payment that I had made when arriving. The manager/owner was rude, threatening, and extremely unprofessional. I have since contacted my bank and local law enforcement to get my stolen funds back.

7/7/17 called to confirmed check in and that I had 2 rooms on 1st level by the pool as requested at time of reservation. She answered the phone, very rude, laid the phone on the counter so that I would hear her personal conversation for the next 20 minutes. I hung up and tried to call back for an hour and there was never an answer. Called back 2 hrs later and spoke with a very pleasant gentleman that confirmed everything and said to call when we arrived in Lake Havasu around 11 am to inquire about early check in. Called and got the negative individuals that I had spoke with the afternoon before who told me no and to call back after 1 pm. Arrived on 7/8 at 3:00 PM and received the same type of welcome by Vivian and Amber. Just as rude as could be.

When given our room keys they were on 2nd fl and she proceeded to argue with us about our reservations. Several others in the lobby waiting to check in witnessed this. Finally given our rooms on the 1st floor - rm 145 smelled horrid like it had not been cleaned properly and rm 144 the toilet would not flush at all. When we went for the breakfast - 1 party had invited their family that lived in Havasu to join them taking up the entire room and left nothing for us - when asked if more items were to be brought out was informed that the breakfast was over. This was between 8-8:30. Checking out same treatment - when we told Amber about our issues she just told us we were all set. Good bye. I have stayed at this inn a few times before and have never been treated this way. Not sure if we will return.

Do not stay at the Days Inn in Greenwood, SC. The photos online is false advertisement. Once you purchase your room and look inside, it's nothing like the photos online which is understandable because motels do have a little wear and tear but the room I received was farrrrrrrrr away from the photos. The room had roaches crawling everywhere with a leaking air condition unit. Roaches was under the lamp shades, on the TV, the dresser, crawling down the walls, looking at me like, "(Why are you in our room)."

I went downstairs and told the clerk the room was roach infested and "move me now." She gave me another room which was a little better. I checked for roaches and bed bugs. At this point I was tired so I went to bed. The next morning I showed the photos and videos to the manager and she wasn't surprised. She said "We have a bug problem here and it's nothing we can do about it." She said "We always had roaches." I said "Next time before you take people money, let them know that they will be sharing a room with bugs!!!"

I attempted to stayed the night at Days Inn located in Morrow, GA. The room smelled like urine and pot, no towels, and no soap. The floors had no carpet. I thought room was ugly. Shady looking people hanging out near the area of the room. I did not feel safe and I had my daughter with me. I could not stayed the night there. They wouldn't give me a refund which is worst thing of my experience. I would never spend or recommend Days Inn.

We arrived in the evening, my 2 small children and myself. We checked in around 11:30 pm, we were tired from a long day driving from Fort Lauderdale. Once we got to the room we realized that the room had not been cleaned from the previous guest. The hallway smelled of smoke and the room smelled disastrous. We went down to the front desk to see what could be done.He asked us, "How bad is it, because that is the last room". AS if he thought we would stay in the room in that condition. Little did we know that the entire city was fully booked. I called every single hotel in the town. So the front desk clerk took 2 sets of bed sheets up to the room, not the cleaning cart to change the bed sheets. He realized that he needed more, so he came back down to collect the cleaning cart, then came back down to find different sheets because the ones he took up were stained. He had to return another time to grab another sheet because of stains.

I should have ran. I know, but we had no choice. When we finally got to the room, still smelly and with toothpaste stains in the sink and hairs all over the bathroom floor. It was 2:30 in the morning. They only had hand towels available. In the morning when I asked for regular towels, housekeeping said that none of the housekeeping carts had towels on them. WTH?? Buy some more towels, get some more sheets, clean your rooms!! It was horrible. We jumped up first thing in the morning and checked out. The manager could only say "Oops sorry" Like its a normal occurrence. I will NEVER stay in another Days INN for the rest of my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Stayed at Days Inn on Clark rd in Siesta Key Florida and daughter got bit several times by bed bugs on her face and along side of her arms and hip. Notified the front desk and was treated like it was no big deal and was moved to a room that was worse. Smelled like mold and completely disgusting. My daughter spent the two day vacation miserable and now might need to go to hospitals because she is getting pain in her arm where she was bit.

The room was filthy. Mold in the bath tub, and soap still in the shower from the last guests. The bedside lamps did not work, thick dust in top of the bed ledge, and on the chairs. Hair behind the door in the bathroom. It was so nasty I had to check for bed bugs! The manager didn't even give us a discount because we checked in at 6:30 pm, but we dropped stuff off and left because we were late for a concert. I was in no way shape or form looking for a free stay, just what I was owed. The price was way over what should have been expected. The manager was very rude "Ken **". We didn't even get an apology. Very disappointing. I wouldn't let my dogs stay there. The only good thing was my kids weren't there. I would have left when we got back at 3 am. Not recommended and a bodily hazard.

We had booked this hotel online prior to arriving from out of state. Upon arrival at the hotel room it had a very bad smell, the carpet was very dirty, a lamp was broken, and I noticed the wifi connection constantly dropped out. I reported this to the front desk. They gave us another room. My wife noticed a cockroach in the room. Again, they use a very strong cleaner to mask the bad smell in the rooms. We tried the complimentary breakfast, and the space is small. We stood in line for an hour or more as everyone was waiting for the wafflemaker. This hotel is overpriced, outdated, and needs a major overhaul. Better yet tear it down and build a new one!

While staying 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend 2017, we returned to our room on Saturday and Sunday evenings only to find a party of young adults taking place right outside our room in the back parking lot where our new car was parked. Saturday night they had a tent and grill and were very noisy playing games. We complained twice to the front desk with no action taken. The next day we discovered the rear passenger door had been damaged. The cost to repair is $569. We have submitted this to our insurance company and feel the hotel should cover the cost. So far, Days Inn has not responded.

The Days Inn in DeSoto Texas at 1401 N IH 35E, Desoto, Texas 75115. The manager at the Days Inn name is **. On 05/21-05/24 ** without my permission went in and used my points and made a reservation using the dates listed above and I never stayed at the hotel during that time because of an outstanding bill that I owed which was paid in full. The manager there is not to be trusted.

Stayed at Days Inn in Lytle TX. on May 26th and 27th. Room numbers 111 and 112. Rooms were in terrible condition. 112 had no smoke detector and the one in room 111 did not work. Hair dryer was pulled out of wall in 111. Air conditioners in both rooms partially out of wall. A/C in 111 did not work well at all. Black mold around sink in 112. Grab bar in bathtub in 112 appears to have broken and replaced with pvc pipe. Weather stripping on doors nonexistent allowing bugs to enter rooms. Some electrical wires exposed. Appears they are using electrical extension cords. Some type of paint or coating used on bathtubs. Can only guess to cover missing enamel.

Would have left but, it was late and other hotels were full. When checking out, I tried to express my concerns and complaints with manager on duty. He could not understand what I was saying. He finally came over to the rooms and I showed him some of the items. He took my cell number so his manager could call me. Never heard a word from anyone! See attached photos.

Very dissatisfied! My nephew traveling with us was attacked by bedbugs. Bitten multiple times on his back and shoulders. They were given a new room. There was trash everywhere from remodeling. Empty buckets with room keys in them. Caulk tubes empty laying around. Breakfast was pitiful. Muffins were stale and smashed. Danish looked like it was stale also. OJ was watered down. No fresh fruit anywhere. Really feel like they should have paid us combat pay to stay there.

We just got a room in Luray, Virginia. Walked in room wasn't even cleaned from people before us, towels still left in the bathroom from the customers before us... this place is sick. We are all just disgusted with this place so far. Went to set the alarm and the grease build up on the clock was so bad it left pure as day fingerprints on each button. Literally built up grime. I wouldn't even give this place a star. Absolutely ridiculous. Not what I wanted to stay in for 110 a night. This place is a joke. What a nightmare for a clean freak!!! Don't even think about trying this place. My stomach is just in a knot right now.

Days Inn Bellevue in Bellevue, WA 98007 - I stayed at this hotel on Friday, May 5th, 2017. This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Sink was clogged, lights were out, light cover in bathroom was missing, knob to go from bath to shower was missing- only a screw there to try and tug on, hot/cold knob did not work, security lock was cut off and not replaced so no added security, mold stains on wall, mirrors dirty- I was scared to check cleanliness closely!! In the morning, the laundry carts going by on the cement sidewalks outside sound like a plane is taking off. But all of that wasn't the worst part!!! The worst part is I emailed both the General Manager and Front Office/Sales Manager and they never responded to me!! So I doubled checked the emails which were correct and sent a second email just to be sure and still no response!!! This absolutely blows me away.

I was in Hotel Management for 12 years of my life and am very sympathetic to the hotel world and I if I have any major issues with hotels, I always give them the opportunity to fix it. It's the right thing to do. And I am honestly not hard to please, I don't raise a fuss often but this room was ridiculous ladies and gentleman. DO NOT STAY HERE. The fact that a General Manager of the hotel and the Sales Manger of a hotel won't even respond to my emails blows me away. I have never heard of hotel management treating guests like this.

I guess this is the world we are in today but we can all do something about these businesses that are not out for guests anymore, we can stop giving them our business! This is a genuine response of an encounter I had. I'm not out to get anybody. It was important enough for me to take the time out of my day to write this response so people in the future don't have to make the same mistake that I made. I hope this helps someone out there who is on the fence about staying here. Don't!

When we first got to our room the toilet overflowed. The manager told us to come down and get a plunger for the toilet. We would like to have somebody come look at the toilet. When we went to go put something in the refrigerator we noticed that it wasn't working refrigerator, so we had to call again and they did send somebody up to check it out, they got it working. Went to take a shower and there was a spider in the bathtub, washed down the drain and he was back in the morning, then we killed it. After spending a full day with family we got back to the hotel close to midnight, went to the front desk to see about extending stay one more day. There was two customers in front of us. The lady that was checking in was paying for cash for her room, had to fill out a lot of paperwork and then she got her room and left.

The man in front of us that was in line was also paying for cash for his room. He wasn't required to fill out any paperwork for his room. He told the manager it was a room for two people, he came in with another man. The guy that was paying cash for the room was all bling out in gold chains, rubies, and diamonds bracelets. Scary and very unsavory looking character, (we saw the two guys get out of their car and go into the hotel) after given his key and left for his room my sister asked the manager if he knew he was a Pimp and the manager said yes but he was a paying customer.

After concluding our business with the manager went up to our room and noticed outside the window that that same two men was escorting a young lady up to the room across from our hotel room. Curious to see what was going on we watch them for several hours. The girl would leave and come back several times and then a new girl came and she would do the same thing. There was quite the ruckus going on in the room above us all night long. The next night they were there again but we did see them check in we just saw the same activity going on. My sister and our families will never stay at the Days Inn in West Covina again. We also filed a complaint with the West Covina Police Department.

4/7/17 motel stay at Days Inn Mount Hope WV. Had large amount of money with us because we were car shopping for our 16 yr old daughter. We had this money inside a large book inside a bag in the room. We mistakenly left the bag when we checked out. We returned a few hours later to retrieve the bag and noticed $900 missing. Not sure if the money was taken when we left for breakfast before we checked out or later because we did not discover the bag missing until we got down the road a little way. Either way, one of the staff admitted rambling through the bag but denied taking any money. I filed a police report with the Raleigh County Sheriff's Department and made numerous calls to Days Inn Corporate and tried to resolve the issue with the hotel owner, all having zero results. Please help.

Arrived to an old hotel with only one person at the desk to service 12 people. No terrace. Locked windows. Dirty stinky carpet. Peeling paint. No refrigerator. Not sure about bed bugs(to be continued). Was kept holding on the phone for service only to be disconnected and no one answered when I called back. Took me four tries. Only one small elevator that was creaky. Everyone cramming in because they don't want to miss the elevator that won't be back for at least 5 minutes. Help. I don't know how to get out of here. My daughter made the reservation for me as a gift. Don't know how to tell her it's a dump!!!

It was dirty and in very bad shape. Leaky ceilings and we paid $75.59 for this. False advertising. Nothing like the pictures advertised. I WANT A REFUND OR I WILL POST ALL OF THESE PICTURES ONLINE. JUST PLAIN DIRTY!!! A RIP-OFF. One week to fix this or I will post all pictures... You should be ashamed of yourselves. We trusted you by your advertising and photos... You lied...

My husband and I booked a room for 2 nights for an event in Kentucky. The room we were given was musty smelling, dirty carpet, cold water for the shower, wallpaper peeling. We left after one night. Hotel staff denied any problems with the rooms. Said they did not smell, no other complaints. This was a lie, as other people in our group had to ask for clean sheets, and their rooms smelled. We had to stay one night. We bought Lysol. Towels were like cardboard. Awful hotel. They would not refund us for the night we didn't stay. I think this was wrong due to the horrible conditions of this hotel. Staff was awful too.

When I arrived to the hotel I originally had a reservation. They claimed that they could not find it which meant I had to pay more money out of pocket. They were so unprofessional. For some reason they didn't have me registered to the room and the housekeepers were harassing us because I guess they thought we weren't supposed to be there. They had roaches and bed bugs, toilet did not work, overrated prices, the housekeepers are lazy as hell. We basically cleaned our own room everyday. They claim they serve breakfast. That is a lie. They have no hot food, juice machine was out of order, bread with no toaster but claim they serve toast. This was the worst experience of a hotel I have ever had in my entire life and especially for that price. Do your research on hotels before you come to this one.

My husband made arrangements for our family to stay at the Corvallis, Oregon Days Inn, March 30, 2017. His company often uses the chain for people working in Eastern Washington and Oregon to stay at while working away from home. When we arrived at the motel, the outside was suspect. No cars parked in the lot, weeds and garbage on the grounds, and ill-maintained. I was suspicious about checking in, but we had already made the reservations and could not cancel.

Upon checking in, the lady was pleasant, but the place was a dive. Our room was dirty, smelly, and in need of repair. In the back parking lot was derelict cars and an overflowing dumpster. We immediately got on our phones and looked for another motel. We found one and promptly checked out. Found the Corvallis Days Inn on a Bed Bug Registry website. We were gladly out the money for the motel to not stay in that place one minute longer. DO NOT stay at the Corvallis Oregon Days Inn.

Checked into the Days Inn in Dundee MI. Front desk took forever to get us checked in. Got into the room. The smell was horrible. The ceiling in the bathroom was falling in. The vents had dust webs hanging. The coffee pot had a old used filter in it with mold.

On March 10, 2017 we arrived at Days inn 5858 international Drive, Orlando FL, 328. We check in me and my husband and some family members which the agent was very rude at check-in that was a red flag. We got our keys, went up to room 283 2nd floor, put the air on and the rooms was not call down to the desk to complain. They said they would send someone, no one came, call again. It was 2 am. He said we can move if they had another room. Mind you we had to be somewhere at 6 am.

So we stay out all day, got back to the room. It was still not call down to the desk, spoke to a nasty customer service lady. She said it's nothing she can do for us in such a rule and nasty way. I asked her name. She said she don't have one so me and my husband went down stairs from the front desk, got down there and began talking. These lady were so nasty and ruled their call the cops after. They were out order to us call us names like ** and had the nerve to tell us to get out the hotel when all they had to do is fix the problem. The cops agree with them because of Florida rules which stinks gangway.

The hotel was dirty, the room smell like dogs. We were itching so I was glad to get out of there. Besides I don't think anyone should be treated like this. If you have a bad day then stay home. We ask both of them for the names. They both stated they don't have a name. They give us the wrong address. They give us 1800 international drive like we were so dumb just like they said they didn't have a name but one name was **. The other cover her badge but her name started with and m. She was a blond skinny lady with and earring in her nose, very rude, a nasty. I WOULD NEVER EVER GO TO A DAYS INN AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

My mom and I decide to do some laundry when we stand here so she went to the laundry room to the laundry and the dryer didn't work at all. She went to the front desk and was told that they couldn't do anything about the laundry room and told her that she was to walk to the laundromat a short distance away from there in the dark. She was not too happy with that but they needed to be dry before going back to the airport so she walked to there and she said that when me and her get back home she will be calling the manager and complain.

I began to stay at Days Inn on 12/05/2016 and stayed until 02/10/2017. There was no break in my stay, as they lied and told PayPal. I stayed each week without checking out. My daughter and I stayed in a room with two beds. There were roaches in the room and I began to get bitten by something, but when their maintenance person came and looked at my bed, he saw nothing. A few days later, I was lying across the bed and something moving on one of my pillows caught my attention. I sat up and looked at it and discovered it was a good sized bed bug. My daughter walked the whole pillow up to the front desk. They were very nonchalant about it, but moved us to the room next door.

The room next door was dirty and there were a lot of roaches. My daughter woke up with one in bed with her one morning. There was a water leak in the bathroom from the toilet above us spilling over and the ceiling was soiled. Once the first room was chemically treated, we moved back into the first room. There was always someone arguing in the hall using profanity and banging on the doors ready to fight. It was very discouraging. My daughter and I were not happy and she moved out. I moved into a one bedroom. There were still roaches and the ceiling had mold in the bathroom, so I began to look for another place to stay.

The people that worked the front desk were nice, but I noticed that my account began to take a hit with charges that I hadn't authorized. There were two at first, one for $50.00 and a second for $45.00. I used my PayPal account to pay for the room each week because of the invoice setup that they have. I went up to the office and asked the head clerk why my account was being charged the $95 and when he didn't give me a good answer, I called PayPal and had them cancelled. Then, there were two other transactions that were denied by PayPal that I didn't even know about.

I always paid each Friday for the upcoming week while I stayed there. In viewing my account, you can easily see each time I paid. On 01/20/2017 I paid just like every week. What I did notice was that my account was under-charged by $50 one week and overcharged the next by $50.00. I could see where they were making up the difference, but it made no sense to me why I wasn't being fully charged. I checked out of the hotel and moved to another one on 02/10/2017. That same day, they charged my account $315.00. This payment was supposed to be taken out on the 02/23/2017, but I didn't even notice that until 02/10/2017 (This is the payment I made on the twentieth).

I want to know why they waited so late to take this payment. By taking it out three weeks later, it threw my whole account off and I'm still not sure why they held it like that. My account is now in the red more than $250. This is frustrating and no payment should be held out for any reason when people are paying. I trusted Days Inn to keep up with their accounting, not inconvenience me. I have my receipts, but I have not scanned them into this complaint, but will gladly forward them to someone if necessary.

Checked in on the 4th of Feb & checked out on the 7th "Feb" at Days Inn on International Drive Orlando Florida. And this is where a lot of tourists go to not knowing because they're worried about everything else. But I traveled from the 4th to the 7th alone on the little getaway to relieve stress & the first day there I found a roach. 2nd day I wasn't there all day. Came back only just to go to sleep.

All these days here I felt something biting me. Come to find out there was bedbugs on my bed next to my pillow. I record this, took pictures, went to complain at the office & they gave me the number to call manager. So now they stated they need to do their own investigation. It will take 48hrs. Like really Days Inn. Shame on you. Pictures & videos don't lie. This is the most disgusting hotel ever. That was my first time there. My last time there. I want the money I paid for this room. What should I do. I'm about to call license and inspections on them if my room had bed bugs. All the rooms have bed bugs. I'm going to dig a hole in them so do I get a lawyer. What should I do. I have pictures and videos.

I could not give a zero star because my review wouldn't be accepted. However, this hotel should NOT be in business. I stayed in this hotel for only one night on 12/29/16 on my way to a trip overseas. I suffer from acute asthma and bronchitis and I am HIGHLY allergic to mildew and mold. The rooms have a PUNGENT and VERY STRONG smell of mildew and mold. I couldn't sleep all night long. I ended up with a horrible asthma and bronchitis attack which is lasting until this date (02/06/17). I ended up in the ER of a hospital, I am taking steroids for asthma, antibiotics for my bronchitis, another asthma medication, doing inhalation with steroids, and using my pump. I've been sick for 40 days already.

I have written to Wyndham (apparently this hotel is part of the chain) and Wyndham told me to deal with the situation directly with Days Inn & Suites, Humble, TX which I did. I've written 3 (three) emails and so far I never got a response from them. I AM DISGUSTED by this behavior on the part of the management for this hotel. This hotel should NEVER NEVER EVER be in business until they clean up the rooms from these smells. People with asthma, bronchitis and COPD could die staying there! I paid almost $68/night to get sick and so far my out of pocket expenses have exceed $300 in addition to losing days work. And ABOVE ALL my health is currently in jeopardy!

Worst hotel ever!!! The front door seemed to have been kicked in many times and you must slam it to lock it. The carpet was sticky/dirty I was scared walking without shoes. The refrigerator smelled, dirty and couldn't adjust the temp (button missing). The bathroom sink was clogged and fruit flies continued to fly out of it. Showers handle continued to turn, other people hair, hole in the wall.

AC unit doesn't work. Garbage everywhere. Mold around the toilet. Mold around the shower (inside) and (outer). Mold on the shower curtain. After I reported this to Corporate office they had the General Manager call me and she is telling me "We have 2 employees verify after housekeeping turns in the paperwork to do a double check and they all come back saying it's done." "I have verified some and they are all fine." Fire them all, including the owner.

This hotel was very dirty and had broken equipment in the room. We had planned to stay 2 nights but got up next morning and checked out and checked into another hotel. I was looking for another hotel after we step in room and looked around. We got up and didn't even take shower or make coffee because the bathtub was filthy and was afraid of coffee pot. We will not stay at this hotel again. We would suggest other people to find another hotel.

We arrived at 11 p.m. on Friday, August 19, 2016 and checked-in to the Days Inn Lakeview at Mackinaw City, MI. Upon carrying suitcases up the side stairway, I noticed a warped and soft step. This was just the first bad step of a very negative experience… We picked Days Inn Lakeview, Mackinaw City, Michigan from a variety of website hotel ads and a AAA book. We wanted to stay on a beachfront hotel to enjoy the beach and lake for a special family vacation. We had booked two rooms that night and had four rooms booked for the following night.

The ad on the website mackinawcity.com for Days Inn Lakeview and in the AAA travel books show the hotel on a light tan beach looking site that runs from the hotel to the lake. In the ad in AAA, it says "a half mile of Private Sandy Beach" The hotel actually sits on a site with a gravel and grass parking lot in between the hotel and the lake. Our main reason for booking this hotel was based on the photo and description of the hotel. The photo and the descriptions in the advertisements are not correct - the photo must have been "photoshopped" and the description is misleading.

Our family had two hotel rooms for August 19th both of which had major maintenance issues. Here is what we experienced… Room #228… No outlets that worked to charge 3 devices. Wall outlet broken. Ceiling light of bathroom hanging off ceiling. Shower control handle broken with large chunk out of it. Molding broken and missing by slider. Molding at ceiling hanging. No Do Not Disturb sign for door. Room #229… Upon check-in hot, muggy and could not get A/C on. Hair dryer holder broken and hair dryer laying on sink area. No toilet paper holder - screws & metal in wall, roll just sitting on back of toilet. Shower not workable - control unit unable to pull out to turn on. Wash basin has no stopper - can’t hold water. No trim under window, drywall showing. No hotel information/phone number book.

Main hotel area trash overflowing in container, steps filthy, dead flowers in flower boxes. Breakfast area - filthy carpet not swept by counters or wall, OJ and eggs both tasted bad, wanted to listen to news/weather - worker singing out loud throughout our breakfast. Not only were these conditions terrible but what made the experience worse was when we asked for the General Manager early Saturday morning to talk about the concerns and ask to cancel the next nights due to the conditions. She definitely was the worst representative I have ever met and I have been in management and customer service for over 30 years.

We explained the situation - that there were numerous problems with our rooms and that the hotel was definitely not on a beach, as depicted in the website photo. We said due to this we would like to cancel the four rooms we had for Saturday night due to the maintenance problems and misrepresentation of a beach. We asked that we not be charged a cancellation fee. She not only did not want to hear our concerns or what was the issues with the rooms... Quickly snapping “I’ll send maintenance up. He’ll handle everything”. We tried to explain that they were not quick fixes. I asked if she didn’t want to know what they were. “No, you go over that with maintenance”… Hmm this is my vacation and I have to go over items with maintenance. Yes, that is what we did with the maintenance as he was in the rooms for over an hour. The maintenance guy kept saying “Oh my” when we showed him the problems.

When we mentioned the step that is warped and possibly a future injury liability problem he stated he never uses those steps. He preceded to change wall outlet shocking himself. He said he would have to get a plumber and didn’t know when that would be for the shower and sink issues. Of course, he would have to go to a hardware store to repair molding issues, hair dryer and toilet paper holder issues.

The manager never said “I’m sorry” or showed any concern that the rooms were not up to standard. She stated that she will be charging the $50 per room plus tax cancellation fee. $220 in total. I asked if it is not worth it for $200 not to have upset customers that will review the hotel badly. She immediately very harshly said “okay, if you are going to review us then I am charging the full room night charge for each room on your mother’s credit card right now!” We could not believe what we were hearing.

My mother getting very upset. (This was a special and maybe last trip that she will go on with her family.) She wanted to speak and explain that she tried to call the front desk late last night since the A/C was not working and it was very hot in her room. She then wanted to take a shower to cool off but it didn’t work. She couldn’t even put water in the sink basin to wash off. She said she tried to find a number to call but couldn’t (no book in her room).

The response to these concerns by the manager was that this 93 year old who walks with a cane should have come down to the front desk at 11:30 p.m. and told someone. Really?! No apology or concern by the general manager. We decided all we wanted was to get out of there and quick! We did not have a chance to use the indoor pool or walk on the parking lot by the lake. We never saw a heated outdoor pool, fitness facility or told about unlimited access to 3 indoor waterparks that is mentioned in the AAA Tour book advertisement. I do not believe they have an outdoor pool or fitness facility as mentioned in the advertisement. We were charged the $222 and could not get this off our credit card billing.

The general manager lied about us booking "lake view rooms vs. lakefront rooms" and threatened us into signing for the cancellation fee. NO consumer should have to pay a cancellation fee for rooms that are not maintained, items unusable and in a hotel that is filthy. Let alone being deceived by the advertisement. Consumers should be aware of this hotel especially when paying $133 a night!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.
  • Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.
  • Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.
  • Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.
  • Best for Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Compare Hotel Brands