3.9/5 (545 ratings)

About Days Inn

Days Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: July 30, 2022

Right away was off to a bad start. Customer service took a long time. They didn’t give us the room we ordered, instead, they gave us smaller beds because the room was not ready. When we entered room it smelled like cigarettes. I have a child with me so I was very unpleased. We left the room smelling like cigarettes. The receptionist did not want to give me a refund.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I arrived to Days Inn, 806 S. Ocean Drive, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577, on 07/14/22, after a lengthy drive from Baltimore. **, the employee, at the desk, stated he was not able to find my confirmation, but my card was charged earlier during the day. He was very rude by turning out the lights and clocking out, stating he did not know what to do and he had never been in this situation before. He said he got off at 12am and had to be back by 7 am. He walked to the door, we all walked out, and my family and we're not accommodated. We returned, in the morning, to speak with the manager **. She stated, he gave my room to someone else, in error, did not place their license on file, and charged my card. Since the rates had changed, it is now Friday, the only accommodation I received was a refund. I was not giving another day to come and stay for free. I would not recommend staying here.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Booked a last minute (about 8hrs before) stay at the Charlotte NC Woodlawn location. Arrive and the credit card machine does not work. They allow us to use cash but there is no atm on sight. We find an atm and come back. Check in but the key cards don’t work. A house keeper lets us in the room after several attempts from the desk clerk to fit it. We let them know that’s fine as we can keep someone in the room all day as long as we have a key card before morning because that’s when we all have to be out at the same time and be able to get back in. The plumbing isn’t great and almost immediately the toilet clogged. They let us know they’ll just switch our room.

Get to room 2 and the ac is broken, tv is broken and it reeks of moth balls. Call down and they say, "Ok we’ll just switch your room again." In walks the general manager into the room who says ZERO words to anyone even when spoken to and he walks out. He then tells us that the ac isn’t broken and he’ll switch us now but he will not be switching us again. Well when we went into the THIRD ROOM it was ice cold like it should be and that ac was set to a higher temp than room two so it clearly wasn’t working.

Room three was okay, no major issues except the patio door is broken. None of the rooms were what I would call clean and they have cockroaches. There is definitely drug deals going on in the rooms. My neighbor must have had 20 visitors in the course of our one day stay. The woman at the desk was extremely pleasant and did her best to help but the general manager was extremely rude in every interaction. It was cheap and available so I didn’t expect perfect but bugless, clean and without having to lug our stuff to 3 rooms would have been nice. I definitely could have done without the awful general manager as well.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I booked a room at the Days INN in Kamloops BC with a KING bed. Got to the room and the bed is a QUEEN. Went to the front desk. They say it is a KING. Measured it. 60" wide! A KING is 80" wide! The headboard is 89" wide, hmmm.... apparently a QUEEN bed is actually a KING bed in disguise! Oh, and by the way, the person at the desk is not exactly the nicest person I've met in the last few decades! Contacted PRICELINE immediately. They called the hotel - same story! Asked for a supervisor. They called -- again, no luck. Oh well. I guess they changed the size of a KING bed without anyone knowing it.; What poor customer service from Days INN and from PriceLine.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Horrible room! So dirty! Hoped to have a nice visit in Tampa for Yankees Spring Training. So disappointed and disgusted. Don't stay at the Days Inn near Ybor City! I unfortunately could not change hotels, so I was stuck. I had to go buy cleaning supplies and my own pillow and blanket. The smell was so horrible! When I returned home had to launder my clothes straight away. One bag has been trashed because I can't get the smell out. Horrible experience. To top it off the clerk would not honor my AARP discount. Steer clear!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I don't know if other Days Inns are similar, but the one off of I-65 Nashville, Trinity exit, should be shut down. I've stayed in some dumps, but nothing like this. Between the smell and filth, it was indescribable. Sink faucet wasn't even connected to sink. Had booked 3 days through Hotels.com, was supposed to have free cancellation. They told me I could have a refund for the third night, but then refused. If you book online, NEVER use the pay at motel option. I was afraid to use the shower. I guess it was a lesson learned.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

It is a worse place to spend a night. I will not recommend you staying there. If you have other places to stay, go there. I really regret paying my $108.00 in this piece of craps. My advice to you is stay away.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I and my family went to Days Inn by Wyndham to lodge for two days. We booked two rooms. The receptionist there and her manager gave us a room they already sold out. When we opened the room, we saw a naked man with towel on his make. We started apologizing. We went to the other room and saw no fridge or microwave, someone already checked out from it and the room was not cleaned up. There was condom on the floor. We went down to complain and also request for a fridge, they called police on us and ordered us out with the help of police and refused to refund our money. Banks was notified and civil court will be filed for the money they stole.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

The entrances to the rooms are on the outside. Outside on the sidewalk I was greeted by a big pile of dog poop. Upon entering the room the first thing I noticed was deep black gouges in the flooring. Second thing I noticed was the sticky black floor. Next thing I noticed was dust covered every surface of this room. There was black dust on the lampshades even on the light bulbs. A huge layer of dust and fingerprints all over the furniture in in the room. The nightstand was dirty and dusty and sticky fingerprints all over it. Credenza drawers pot or tobacco leaves in it and dead bugs. The stink had fingernail polish in it and hair. The refrigerator was lopsided and being stabilized by a prescription bottle cap. Mini refrigerator has old gooey food and it smells. There were no shelves in the refrigerator. The microwave? The microwave had gunk under the plate and the top of the microwave had splattered old food in it and it smells rancid.

Let's get to the bathroom. The bathroom floor was dirty and an had hair. I guess repairs to the bathtub are done by painting it. That was peeling up in huge chunks of about 10 inches across. The shower curtain what's disgusting there it was black mildew on the bottom of it that's disgusting. Toilet paper roll holders missing. The towels were shoved into a broken towel rack and were stained. The sheets on the bed.? On one bed it only had one sheet and no blanket. The other bed look like the pillowcases were blackened with whatever hair product. Cigarette Burns were on sheets and the blankets. The window unit in the room is so heavy with dust you can see it from the outside. There are holes all over the walls.

Went to turn a light on and the whole light fixture fell out hanging by the cords. Underneath the sink is black. It's black with old hair and dust and dirt. The clothes rack is non-existent. Two bars on the wall but no rack but they do have the holes where they used to be. I am a rewards member and pay FULL PRICE. For What? So I can clean someone else's neglect? This is NOT WHAT WYNDHAM wants to represent their company. Action needs to be taken in correcting this situation. I request my money back.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

We paid extra for a (suite) to have an extra hide a bed in the couch only to find when we went to bed that the legs were broken off and the bed wouldn’t even fold out! We slept on the floor. The room was not cleaned or sanitized prior to us checking in even though we called ahead. When we addressed this with the hotel front desk they said they would let maintenance know. When I reached out to discuss the refund and problems with the room she stated that there was no record of my complaint of the room! She said it was my fault that the front desk failed to report to maintenance about our room! When requesting a full refund we were told they didn’t note it so there was nothing they could do! There is something we can do. Choose to never stay nor recommend this hotel and let all of our friends know not to patronize this substandard Wyndham hotel and circus.

Days Inn author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

Days Inn Company Information