3.45/5

458 Days Inn Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2019

E. **...May 4, 2019. Have stayed at this hotel many times for the Carlisle Spring car show. Above average hotel. However, this last visit 2 weeks ago was the best. Formerly, a Quality Inn and now a Days Inn and it shows. Granted, this is an older hotel and could use some modernization, however, check in was quick and courteous, the room was very clean and neat, and the hot breakfast was excellent. Manager, David **, was very pleasant and courteous. Desk assistant, Nicole, was also very courteous. I highly recommend this Days Inn.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I normally stay at 3-4 star hotels when I travel, but I have also stayed in a couple of 2-star hotels in the recent past. I recently booked a room at Days Inn Wyndham Hotel Miami Airport because it is in the vicinity of a seminar I am attending, and it was a reasonably priced combo/deal through Travelocity. I was concerned about the 2-star rating I read online, but because I was pressed for time I decided to give it a chance.

When I first walked into the room, I was very pleasantly surprised with the CLEANLINESS and unusual perks, like well-stocked coffee maker, security safe, iron and ironing board, large bathroom sink with a granite countertop. This is in addition to a pool, game room, and a really nice on-site micro-brewery/restaurant. I am also a stickler for customer service and the front desk help has been extremely courteous and helpful. Bottom line: In my opinion, Days Inn Wyndham Hotel Miami Airport deserves 4-stars. I will definitely stay here again if I need a Miami hotel. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Merced is my hometown. I visited to see my Children and grandchildren. My plan was to stay a maximum of 6 days...I stayed three weeks. The entire staff from the manager Melissa to each and every staff worker took themselves above and beyond to assure that my stay was very comfortable. Yes, this is a budget motel, however, I was treated every bit as well as if I would have been staying at a high priced Hotel. Jasmine, at the front desk and every lady that was in charge of room keeping treated me with a smile and professional service!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Days Inn is more inexpensive compared with all others. Their accent was partially different but their overall breakfast & benefits were entirely helpful. Their location is slightly within the lower suburbs outside of Reading, but their overall value is entirely worth it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot, very impressed with those things. However, the breakfast was a disappointment. Bagels and oatmeal was below average. The coffee was good as was the juice. But overall it could of been worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: June 1, 2019

I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights, prepaid on Priceline for workers going to Fresno. I personally called the hotel to confirm everything and make sure workers had what they needed. Was advised they just needed $100 for an incidental deposit or credit card. We advised the head worker they would need to have $100 cash or a credit card for the two room, two night reservation to cover the deposit that would be refunded after the stay.

The men worked all day and in the evening went to check in to the rooms. They were then informed it was $100 per room ($200) and the hotel refused to let them check into the 2nd room as they only brought $100 and none of them had brought credit cards. It was a Bad experience but rather than call me late at night, they all spent the night in 1 crowded room as none of them had brought extra cash or cards for the short job. The next day they confirmed with hotel staff they would be checking into the 2nd room and bringing the additional deposit. (They called mid-day and confirmed everything and advised they would be back later that evening and the clerk said that would be fine.)

Well after a LONG day of work in the heat, they arrived around 9PM and went to get the 2nd room only to be told that they could not check in to the 2nd room. The 2nd room reservation was not honored/cancelled. They would need to pay for a new room and the $100 fee if they wanted a 2nd room. Again late at night... The hotel clerk would not budge, no manager to speak with. They called me, and I spoke to a young lady who said the manager was gone, nothing they could do except she would be happy to sell me another room.

I got off the phone - called Priceline where we booked the rooms. Priceline called her and she told Priceline the hotel was full, manager gone, room cancelled, nothing could be done. I checked on Priceline's website immediately after to confirm if they had sold out in the past 1/2 hour since talking to her. As I suspected, I could book rooms on Priceline for that evening - King, 2 Queens, all types of rooms were available for that night. Somewhere along the line, another communication breakdown...

The principal of this was had we of had the correct information in the first place, there would never of been an issue. Our worker in charge did NOT want that hotel to get another dime of our money due to their earlier treatment, so they toughed it out for the night all in one room. The next morning when checking out, the clerk went to inspect the room before allowing a check out, which seems odd, but after she took 10-15 minutes in the room she came back saying that A TOWEL of some type was missing and they had to pay $10 for the towel to check out. First of all, the worker has been with us 20 years and there has NEVER been any issues. Clearly it was a bogus claim, but he paid the fee and left. When I tried calling to get a refund for the 2 nights in the 2nd room due to the issues, I was told The HOTEL refused to do anything. (Again no manager to talk to or deal with, just the clerk.)

They stated since we did not check in the first night (due to the misinformation provided by them) we forfeited the room. Did not matter that we had called in advance to make sure we knew what was needed which is what we went by. Also did not matter that the 2nd day when the worker called he was assured all would be fine. Bottom line is I do understand that things can and do happen, but it is how you handle problems that makes the difference. This was clearly mishandled and then they added insult to injury with the bogus $10 towel charge. On the towel, it is not the money at all, but the insult of accusing a worker we have known for 20 years of stealing a towel was simply crazy.

As info, we book hotel rooms 60 to 80 days out of the year between workers and family and rarely ever have even minor issues, let alone dealing with this type of poor business practices. The most costly of this issue is time spent dealing with this frustration. This makes me want to make sure OTHERS are aware, so hopefully they can avoid having to deal with any similar frustrations. We understand they deal with lots of types of people, but we are straight up in our dealings. The way this was handled with the check-in and then adding the bogus towel charge was simply over the top. Days Inn... Never Again...

Original review: May 26, 2019

Smell dirty, not vacuumed at all. I came into the room, there was hair on the bed and it looked like it hasn't been cleaned in like a week or so. And when I was there housekeeping didn't change my trash at all. I had to take it out. I believe the girl said her name was Jenn and I don't think I would come back to this hotel again. Thanks.

Original review: May 26, 2019

We booked our trip on Expedia. We were traveling with multiple family members who also booked through Expedia. The young lady at the front desk was very rude that we booked on the site. She didn’t give myself or any of my family members the room we requested and were told by Expedia was guaranteed. We then had to pay an extra $30 dollars. Once we made it to our rooms it was flat out dangerous. There were tack nails sticking out from the carpet that cut my foot and the lady at the desk didn’t care. The curtains were falling off the track and the bathroom had black mold growing in it. The sheets had weird stains and it smelled horrible. We were told that was all they had. No offer to fix anything. We honestly felt trapped.

After a rough night at the hotel we woke to the breakfast being there but no plates, no utensils nothing to eat the food with. The front desk advised they were out and there was nothing she could do. She returned to playing on her phone. The pool was supposed to open at a certain time and it didn’t open. All over just a bad experience with little to no customer care. I understand the price is low but she charged us extra and was so rude. We always stay at Days Inn but my entire family was so put off by all this. I am hoping to hear from someone regarding this experience.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I noticed a 100$ charge for smoking, I did not smoke their motel room. I also paid cash for the room and the also charged my debit card, so I paid cash for the room 48$. I was charged 100$ for smoking in the room and they charged my debit card 48$. I overpaid 148$ for a 48$ motel room at the Days Inn Servile Tennessee, I tried calling the manager and all she would say is, I smoked in room. I tried explaining to her that I did not smoke in the room, all she did was argue with me, that I did. The room already smelled of smoke & mold, the rooms are old and had stale cigarette smell. Once you turn the AC off, and the room warms up, you can smell all the old cigarette smell. I think this is a scam, so if anyone else was overcharged and charged a fee smoking fee please respond.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I stayed at the Days Inn in Pierre, SD. They had bugs and it was so dirty. It was the worst hotel l have ever stayed in. I didn't sleep because l killed 2 bugs in my bed. They weren't bed bugs, they were bigger and l was creeped out all night and left right at 6 in the morning just to get out of there. The staff was also rude.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Days Inn, Decatur, AL. Floor sticky, huge piece of ceiling fell on my head during my shower, someone came in our room even with DND sign on door. Turned out it was housekeeping and she didn't announce herself. Pool unusable. Breakfast was rotting fruit nothing else. Worse place ever. When complaining to the front desk, the manager said 'oh well' and nothing else.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I stayed in Days Inn Johnson Creek WI on 3/27-29. Carpet was filthy and I found a huge bed bug on the bed after waking up in the morning. Now, a week later, I noticed I have itching all over and it must be those bed bug bites from Days Inn. I reported to front desk that I found bed bug in my room 115.

Original review: March 31, 2019

My stay was terrible. I was ate up by bed bugs and complained and no one did anything about it. I will never stay there again. Terrible customer service and it's franchised so the owner did nothing about my complaints. Just sad.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Carpet in room stained and smelly!! Bed spread stained!! Dog feces all over parking lot and sidewalk. Snow was not plowed well and dangerous to walk in parking lot especially at handicap parking areas.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I called Days Inn Charleston WVA to make 4 day reservation. Got quoted a decent rate but I had to get my cc which wasn't with me. Called back hour later and was told to call back later as he was busy. Called back later and was told to call back tomorrow as he was busy. Called customer care and went through the whole thing again. Was put on hold and hung up on. I don't understand a business that tells you to call later when you are trying to hand them your credit card info. I'm trying to give you money and you tell me to try later? WTH. Lots of other discount hotels in the area that probably want my money now.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Thoroughly Disgusted. Got home to find a $150 charge on credit card for smoking in the room. We do not smoke, never have smoked, and did not smoke there. Hotel emailed pics with ashes on the carpet. Impossible! Felt we were set up.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Cons: Bathroom filthy, black mold in ceiling, lamps busted, Felt dirty just walking in the bathroom. Bed rocked like a boat, they fixed after 20 minutes. Sheets stained. This place was too much money. Would not stay at a Days Inn again. Pros: Pillows comfortable.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We arrived at the hotel around 5 p.m. We went to the office and told them I was handicapped. My friend and I are in our 60's and we were given a room in the very back of the hotel (There were empty rooms in the front). The outside of the buildings are dirty. We had difficulty opening our door with the key. Upon entering the room there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, the carpet was filthier then outside and I refused to remove my socks.

The faucets in the shower were literally falling off the wall. We were told we would have 2 queen beds and we got 2 doubles. The chair in the room was oversized and so dirty. We kept our clothes in the suitcase on the table. We had a non smoking room however, when I went to bed all I could smell on the covers was smoke!! The place was so dirty that when we went for our breakfast I ate a yogurt because it was sealed. The meal was cold cereal, toast and thawed frozen waffles. We were so uncomfortable. We had difficulty getting any rest. Worst experience ever!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Nasty rooms and service. I was switched into three different dirty rooms after they cancelled my reservation. Hotel management was very rude. And as for the c.s. Is a joke. They do not take your complaints seriously. And the whole thing is it's nothing we as customers can do.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I checked in with my family at around 11:30 pm at Days Inn Manning SC, I was accompanied with my family. The room we checked in had cockroaches in our room plus the beds were very uncomfortable and unclean. We went to the lobby to mention to the front desk, the lady was rude and offered us to cancel the room. She showed no courtesy and was extremely rude, she said, "I can't do anything if you have cockroach in your room." It was a pathetic experience. Her language was insulting and she was losing her temper.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Stayed at 2 Days Inn motels, Gallup NM & Terra Haute IN. Both rooms in poor condition, especially the Terrace Haute location. Contacted Days Inn by mail, with included photos with no response. Evidently they are as attentive to their customers as they are to their properties. How they stay in business is a mystery to me. The Terra Haute location had stained, ripped furniture, nasty bathroom, broken lights , etc. I swear I heard “critters” in the room at night. I will never stay at Days Inn properties again, especially when they don’t have the common decency to respond to my queries. I will recommend to all I know to avoid these properties.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We left this disgusting place! Arrived and started to unpack and shower, but: Bugs started crawling across the ceiling and slowly increasing in number. We booked a NON smoking room, but found burns on the countertop, and through the bedding. Multiples of NASTY stains on the bed covers, as though not washed. They were truly gross! I had to get my kids out of there, so we left! The manager, Christina, later refused a full refund. I showed them the pictures I took, but she didn't care. Stay Away from this place!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The Days Inn in Salisbury North Carolina was a nightmarish experience. It is definitely not compliant with the American Disability Act. I would discourage anyone with a disability to stay there. The flight of stairs is definitely not conducive to wheelchairs or walkers. There is NO ELEVATOR. If their personnel were trained in customer service they would have assisted me in the negotiation of the stairs. I reiterate the hotel is not recommended at all for persons with disabilities.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My wife and I stayed in this motel on our way to do disaster relief after Hurricane Florence. The tub had been painted and was cracking so badly we could not bathe in it. Above the tub was a bare lightbulb and no fixture. There was no stopper on the tub and it was stopped up - we could not take a bath that night. There was construction in the lobby where they were leveling a concrete floor. They continued hammering on concrete until 1:00 am and were working until 3:30 am. I got hardly any sleep. I complained. The hotel only offered $6.00 credit! Wyndham offered to give me points towards another stay somewhere... which means I will have to spend even more money with them ($40+) in order to use the discount! So, the hotel I stayed in offered nothing. If I choose to use my discount, another hotel rents a room for $40+ depending upon the hotel quality. The only loser in the situation? ME. Worst hotel experience in 65 years.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Get another motel as this one has worn out facilities in the room including the tub, sink and doors. Mold on walls and ceiling over tub. This room is Substandard and I will not stay at this hotel again. Are all Days Inns like this? If so, I will not stay at this chain again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

FRAUD by Days Inn Austin Univ/Downtown at 3105 North I-35, Austin, TX. I made a 4-days reservation and then canceled it (before cancel deadline). Hotel charged my credit card $529. I wrote to hotel, no response. I disputed with Chase. Hotel sent to Chase a Fake Registration Form with my signature Forged! And a Fake Bill (dated departure date) with my signature Forged!. So, hotel claimed I stayed. But I was not in the US during these 4 days and proved it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We stayed at this so called Days Inn by Wyndham Middleburg Heights in Cleveland, Ohio in Aug. 25th, 2018. It was the worst experience ever. How dare people call this a hotel??? It's not pet friendly, rather it's insect friendly, bed bugs all over the place. Fake pictures on the website, staff don't know AB hospitality, rude and mad faces. Breakfast are from 7 to 9 am (why not make it 7 to 7:15, it will save you money). Dirty washroom, shame on you for calling this a Wyndham. Will never stay there again and will never recommend it. If there is anything less than this star you would've got it. It's a huge mistake to call this place hotel. We paid $139.84 US for 2 rooms and it was the worst experience for everyone.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This was the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed at! They said it was renovated, what a joke!! No hot water, no curtains, the tiniest bathroom ever. All the furniture we’d Broken, lamps falling apart. All I have to say is DON'T stay here!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I stayed April 15th for one night. I called the location and told then I will be there in the 15th. They said, "15th of May?" I said, "No, tomorrow the 15th." "Oh let me change that in the computer. Okay, you are all set for tomorrow." I came in and paid cash, but wanted to put a credit card on file, it is their policy, I was told. [Follow month] I get a charge on my credit card for $95.75. I called the hotel and they told me it was a no show fee. I explained that it was a mistake and I had stayed there a month ago. I was traveling and don't even live in the state of FL. I didn't stay there May 15th. She said, "Call customer service!" And hung up on me. I have called several times and they keep telling me "no shows" are non-refundable. I get that but I didn't "no show."

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Days Inn down town Pensacola Florida. This brings new meaning to the phrase roach motel/hotel. The beds hard as rocks, trains going through, other sirens going on, trash trucks 4 am. The free breakfast I wouldn’t even feed my dog. It was so bad. The one good thing was the shower. It had plenty of pressure and hot water. If you go to their pictures let’s they are deceiving.

Days Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

• Best for: Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs