1.66/5

435 Days Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My wife and I stayed in this motel on our way to do disaster relief after Hurricane Florence. The tub had been painted and was cracking so badly we could not bathe in it. Above the tub was a bare lightbulb and no fixture. There was no stopper on the tub and it was stopped up - we could not take a bath that night. There was construction in the lobby where they were leveling a concrete floor. They continued hammering on concrete until 1:00 am and were working until 3:30 am. I got hardly any sleep. I complained. The hotel only offered $6.00 credit! Wyndham offered to give me points towards another stay somewhere... which means I will have to spend even more money with them ($40+) in order to use the discount! So, the hotel I stayed in offered nothing. If I choose to use my discount, another hotel rents a room for $40+ depending upon the hotel quality. The only loser in the situation? ME. Worst hotel experience in 65 years.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Get another motel as this one has worn out facilities in the room including the tub, sink and doors. Mold on walls and ceiling over tub. This room is Substandard and I will not stay at this hotel again. Are all Days Inns like this? If so, I will not stay at this chain again.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

FRAUD by Days Inn Austin Univ/Downtown at 3105 North I-35, Austin, TX. I made a 4-days reservation and then canceled it (before cancel deadline). Hotel charged my credit card $529. I wrote to hotel, no response. I disputed with Chase. Hotel sent to Chase a Fake Registration Form with my signature Forged! And a Fake Bill (dated departure date) with my signature Forged!. So, hotel claimed I stayed. But I was not in the US during these 4 days and proved it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We stayed at this so called Days Inn by Wyndham Middleburg Heights in Cleveland, Ohio in Aug. 25th, 2018. It was the worst experience ever. How dare people call this a hotel??? It's not pet friendly, rather it's insect friendly, bed bugs all over the place. Fake pictures on the website, staff don't know AB hospitality, rude and mad faces. Breakfast are from 7 to 9 am (why not make it 7 to 7:15, it will save you money). Dirty washroom, shame on you for calling this a Wyndham. Will never stay there again and will never recommend it. If there is anything less than this star you would've got it. It's a huge mistake to call this place hotel. We paid $139.84 US for 2 rooms and it was the worst experience for everyone.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This was the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed at! They said it was renovated, what a joke!! No hot water, no curtains, the tiniest bathroom ever. All the furniture we’d Broken, lamps falling apart. All I have to say is DON'T stay here!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I stayed April 15th for one night. I called the location and told then I will be there in the 15th. They said, "15th of May?" I said, "No, tomorrow the 15th." "Oh let me change that in the computer. Okay, you are all set for tomorrow." I came in and paid cash, but wanted to put a credit card on file, it is their policy, I was told. [Follow month] I get a charge on my credit card for $95.75. I called the hotel and they told me it was a no show fee. I explained that it was a mistake and I had stayed there a month ago. I was traveling and don't even live in the state of FL. I didn't stay there May 15th. She said, "Call customer service!" And hung up on me. I have called several times and they keep telling me "no shows" are non-refundable. I get that but I didn't "no show."

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Days Inn down town Pensacola Florida. This brings new meaning to the phrase roach motel/hotel. The beds hard as rocks, trains going through, other sirens going on, trash trucks 4 am. The free breakfast I wouldn’t even feed my dog. It was so bad. The one good thing was the shower. It had plenty of pressure and hot water. If you go to their pictures let’s they are deceiving.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My friend and I each had a room there overnight recently - $114 wasted each - list of complaints... Front desk was not at all helpful or friendly, door cards don't work, tv broken, no hot water for showers at all, no coffee pot, and finally when we went for the continental breakfast, it just about was ripped from our hands, before we could finish. ALL WE GOT REALLY WAS A BED TO SLEEP IN - No Amenities. For $114 each too much!!!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Just a note you have to do a star- BY NO MEANS DOES THIS ESTABLISHMENT DESERVE A PIECE OF A STAR! Stayed with family, 2 rooms, 8 people. Another guest thought it was a good idea to have a fire on walkway. Called office, they responded, people did not listen to them, (if that's even what they said to the people), disgusting office staff, no one knows anything, very unprofessional! We went down to office to complain again, only to be told leave them alone. They are putting it out (as my daughter sees the fire outside on the walkway still blazing), at that point lady doing fire went absolutely crazy, pushed myself from behind into a pillar on stairs, attacked my daughter and daughter in law.

Called ridiculous town cops, they came for nothing, one told me if I wanted to press charges I would need to come back 4 or 5 times maybe more for court (can't do that), also that that town has more gangs than Atlanta Ga has. Don't stay in this town, really weird things to say to a bleeding woman, another sad cop told the idiot that attacked and started the whole thing that he was sorry for the inconvenience! Is this the stupidest thing you have ever heard? So a review is if you value your life and your family's do not stay here! No camera coverage anywhere, they allow drinking at pool! No limits on how many can be in pool, says 40 to 50 people-but well over 75 people just party on weekends!

Original review: July 26, 2018

I had a long journey. Decided to stay in their hotel, I'm an avid customer there but the guy charged me twice for one day stay, when I complaint cause it shows in my mobile banking they refused and says it's the bank. I called the bank. They says it's the merchant. Going back and forth. The thing was they were very rude as they treat you as customer, yelling, screaming and there is one lady that works there who called me a stupid. I will never ever go back there. It was a very unpleasant welcome. Please treat your customer right as nurse we do have the same motto, customer is always right! That is how I treat my patients...

Original review: July 17, 2018

As a frequent patron (visiting approximately monthly) & Wyndham Rewards member who enjoys & recommends this hotel (lovely, clean, comfy hotel) it saddens me to share what happened BEFORE our stay even began. We arrived earlier than the STRICT 3pm check-in, expecting to wait in the EMPTY lobby, which we did for about 20 minutes (quietly, no mess, not in the way) but were told to leave by the notoriously rude front desk clerk I have come to tolerate: "It's for guests with rooms" as she visits with a friend (who I assume doesn't have a room) for over 30 min.

While waiting for a ride, security gives us a 15 min warning! Refusing to allow us to leave luggage while being forced out, while an employee lounges in said lobby watching TV, perhaps he had a room. A complaint was filed by phone, received by a friendly yet embarrassed representative, which is quite fitting considering the way we were treated. This is how Days Inn is represented! Hospitality at its finest! I used to recommend this hotel, not sure I will continue. At the time this review was written, 3:11pm, still waiting for my room! #livid

Original review: July 16, 2018

My wife and I checked into the Days Inn - Lumberton, NC Sunday evening, July 8. We were given room 119. When we entered the room, I commented, "Smells like dog." We turned on the AC and went out to get something to eat. When we returned, the dog smell wasn't quite as bad, so we decided to stay. After being in the room for awhile, my wife felt a bite on her leg and when she looked on the floor, we noticed fleas. We packed up as quickly as possible and I called the front desk for a new room.

We were given a room on the second floor. This room apparently was last updated in the 1970s. The door didn't fit right, there was no remote and at least two lamps had no light bulbs. The carpet appeared clean but there was a musty smell. When we checked out, I asked for a discount for the trauma of having been given a room infested with fleas. The manager offered me 5%. 5%?! Are you kidding me?! He said they would have to investigate my claim and, if verified, they would consider a bigger discount. I worked in hotels as night auditor for 8 years. This kind of experience would have earned a compensation. My recommendation for this hotel is that they tear it down and start over! It is that bad!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Stayed 14 nights at this hotel with free parking. 2 weeks later deducted £168 in parking fines in their car park. Contacted them. Don't pay l was told. l have already had it debited from my bank account by rental company. Their customer could not care less department are incompetent. Don't stay there.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Days Inn New Orleans Airport, Kenner, LA - I was wondering why it was so empty. Cockroaches were spotted in our room, unventilated bathroom, and general disrepair. Bathtub was slippery and I fell. I reported falling and response was "I will let them know." I mean I don't even get an "are you ok???" It's not like I was asking for anything free, though I really should consider suing. You get free parking, free ice, free coffee and soaps. Continental breakfast? Where? You get what you pay for.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Our stay was the worst experience!!! We checked in early yesterday, July 1st and they have indicated to come back because room was not ready yet. Which is fine but when I came back exactly at 3 which is the check in time, receptionist said, room was not ready yet. I was perfectly okay with this as I understand it's a busy day at the same time it's a hot weather. Anyway, we were able to check in just before 330pm. My family and I planned to leave the hotel to go to Clifton Hill and enjoy the scenery, play and watch the fireworks.

When we came back, I hear security and my friend arguing because we are apparently being disrupted and security said the complain was our kids were jumping. Our kids were sleeping and we just got back from Clifton Hill. Wondering and wanted to get to the bottom of this I tried speaking to the security. Did not even hear me out as I heard was we have 5 minutes to leave the property and I was not aware that there was a first complain already. Despite the fact that I tried to have it all settled, none of the staff or even security looked for me, the one that booked the room to discuss this matter. My cousin and I went to the lobby and a receptionist on the night shift plus the security was yelling at me because they said that our kids were jumping and making noises and that is the complaint.

I have tried to explain that we just got back from Clifton Hill and our kids were asleep. Even the police was involved. Shut me down and basically it is what is, the security made the decision to have us leave the property in the middle of the night with a 2 and a 3 year old that was blamed for making noises but are asleep. Any parent that will be at this situation will be upset, will curse obviously especially if you know it was unfair and uncalled for. I have paid so much and additional charges has been applied and I am so upset as we had to drive back to Toronto not getting the refund obviously at midnight waking our kids who they said was jumping.

I was never spoken to from the staff and no manager was to be found to speak to! Basically the situation was dealt with unfairly and none of the staff or even the security looked for me. I have always booked a room in this hotel and this has been the worst experience and embarrassing. I felt so degraded, disrespected and unjustified. No matter what it should have been, I had the right to be heard but was not. The worst worst worst experience!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Last year in July my son made reservations for a room at Days Inn at Chino Valley over the internet. When he went to sign in he was informed he had no reservation. He showed him his confirmation number. They informed him he had no room and they were full. Sent him on his way to travel with his family at night with his family. This year I called Days Inn at Chino and made reservation. Printed out confirmation. To make a story short, 4 of us had to head back to hometown at night because Days Inn rented my room and they were full.

Original review: June 28, 2018

On 6-15-18, I phoned to make a reservation. Showed up and waited 30 minutes for the desk clerk to talk to another unsatisfied customer. He didn't speak to me or recognize I was there. He just kept talking. I left and phoned to cancel reservation. Then my bank account got debited $126. I phoned the business and some rude lady told me that I was being charged a no-show fee and a travel consultant fee of $87. I do not agree with this and I have filed a BBB complaint. This type of treatment should not be allowed. I am a senior citizen. I want a refund. If you want a lawyer to call me tell him to do so. I am the victim and this is a true account of what happened. Based on other reviews I've read, I am not the only one. This business should be shut down.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Days Inn. North Miami - This place defines “sketchy”. Filthy rugs, bedding wrinkled and askew, light switch was a hanging greasy string. Stayed before and after flying on 10 day trip and same clientele occupied parking area, some scantily dressed.

Original review: June 15, 2018

After driving a 14 hour day over the road, I hit my hotel room, shower and go to climb in the bed when what awaits me? Bedbug... yes you read that right... bedbug. Then when informing the front desk night clerk, I am informed that it is not a bedbug but rather outdoor beetle. Then I am told that I can return to my room or sleep in my truck. Really? These rooms are not cheap and I especially do not appreciate the hateful and very loud tone that I was dealt. So, heads up, if you plan on sleeping in a Days Inn, please search your rooms thoroughly or you may be leaving with more baggage than you brought in with you and definitely less money as they would rather argue with you than just check out the bedbug situation and make it right.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My husband and I stayed one night at Days Inn Marietta and I was covered in bed bug bites. The hotel manager was rude and apologetic even after we explained that I was getting married the next day and now had horrible bites all over my body for my wedding day!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I booked a room for 2 2 queen size bed with smoking. When I arrived I was given a room that had 1 full size bed and a couch. I went to the desk and showed them that was not the room I reserved. They said that's all they had and it wasn't their fault because I had booked it online with Expedia. I showed them my print out of what I had booked and they said that is not what they received from Expedia. I got on the phone with Expedia and told them I needed to get out of there. I swear I saw blood on the wall and lots of dirt. I would not have let my dog stay there. This Days Inn was in Pontoon Beach Illinois at 5105 Hwy 111 Granite City IL. PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Days Inn 2102 Coulter Dr. Amarillo Texas - I am a disabled person. When I called for my reservation I asked for a room close to the office. I did not ask for a disabled room just close to the office so that I would not have to walk so far as I am on a walker. When I checked they put me in a room about one block away from the office. I asked to be moved but they would not let me move. I called for a towel at the front desk but was told I would have to walk down there to get it. Only after telling them I would call their manager they finally brought me the towel. I want others to know about this treatment. I paid 64.30 per night for 2 nights a charge on my credit card.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We stayed at the Fort Walton Beach, Florida destination on Saturday, April 28th 2018. During our stay it started with a very unpleasant experience with the employee at the front counter. He told me his name was Darron. Darron was extremely rude and "snappy" in nature during the entire check in process. At one point he snapped at my fiancé, which led to a verbal confrontation between him and me.

Once we finally got to our room (#221) we immediately noticed that the bathroom, counter and sink were issues. The toilet had urine splashes on the seat. The sink would not drain. The bathtub was extremely dirty with black stuff in the bottom. The walls in the bathroom were dirty, stained and appeared to have rust and/or mold. I have attached the photos of the room prior to use using any of these items. We chose not to report to the front desk because of the negative conflict with the desk tenant.

I did attempt to contact the property manager (from a card I picked up at the front desk while Darron and I were exchanging our displeasure with each other). When I called the number it was Darron that answered. I asked to speak to the person who was listed on the card and he laughed (sarcastically) and said he won't be back until tomorrow. I then decided to report this to you all directly.

Something really needs to be done with the place and this employee (Darron). I hate to know that people are trying to enjoy their vacations and they have your company and your employees doing all they can to ruin it. One would expect to have an enjoyable experience with great customer service and a clean room to stay in. Instead you provided poor customer service, unsanitary conditions and an overall bad experience.

Additionally, the argument was never over if or why my girlfriend had to come inside or not. The complaint was strictly about Darron's poor customer service skills, his smart mouth, snappy responses and disrespectful demeanor toward us. Neither you nor I would have wanted us to go back and interact with this Darron immediately upon finding these issues in the room (#221). We were both not happy, Darron had a smart mouth and that would have escalated quickly to a negative outcome that neither party would have liked. Days Inn then contacted us on 05/02/18 via email apologizing for the negative encounter and twisted the complaint to me having my girlfriend pay vs. me.

This was my response. There are more issues that have yet to be discussed or release that did occur during this encounter with Darron at Days Inn - Fort Walton Beach location on April 28th 2018. Darron actually yelled (snapped) at her when she asked if there was going to be a hold placed on her card. He yelled at her "No, I am running your card". Darron actually told us he was having a negative encounter with us. This occurred after he yelled at her and I made the statement "Do you have a lot of negative encounters?" In which he responded "Yes, I am actually having one now". This was done in an extremely negative demeanor, voice and pitch. We did call the number on the card picked up at the front desk to report these issues to the manager and Darron responded while laughing (facetious) "No, he will not be back until in the morning". He did not ask if there was a problem or anything, just simply what I just stated.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I recently booked a room at the Days Inn on Poole Street in Gulfport Ms. Upon arriving at the location, I quickly noticed the hotel was NOT the hotel in the photos on the Days Inn website that indicated the exact address. The hotel was in extremely poor and unsafe conditions. The rooms were filthy and smelled horrible, holes in the bathtub, the door handle to the room was broken along with the entire set of rooms along that 2nd floor level, the adjoining door to the room next to mine had been broken into and the lock had been broken and not fixed, the eating breakfast area was IN THE LOBBY of the hotel where you check in and had old piles of food left for what must have been for days.

I immediately asked the front desk attendant to cancel my reservations due to the conditions of the hotel as to which I was refused and told there was no manager on duty to make that call or take my complaints. However, I saw what turned out to be the manager behind a closed door adjoining the hotel lobby. I was approached by a drug dealer on the way to my vehicle to get my bags as I was told I had already been charged prior to my arrival. Days Inn IS A PAY UPON ARRIVAL policy hotel. These people ran my credit card at 4:00 PM to charge me the first nights stay and stated they assumed I was a no show. I arrived there at 5 PM on the first afternoon of my reservation. I never indicated a specific time a arrival when I booked the rooms.

They also had 2 other couples leave the hotel due to the same reasons I didn't wish to stay there and they were also told they would not be issued a refund. The attendant was very unwilling to help me and stated she would not refund my 2 nights that I was charged and that I was free to leave without a refund. I am now disputing the charges through my bank. I am extremely disappointed in how this situation was handled and how I was taken advantage of by Days Inn and Wyndham Group as no one was willing to resolve this problem or offer a resolution. All I wanted to do was transfer my reservation to a safe and clean Wyndham Group Hotel in the area for my weekend getaway. This was a total nightmare! NEVER BOOK THIS HOTEL. If I could rate this hotel a -0 it still wouldn't be good enough.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The Days Inn in Orlando had great price, quiet, clean, and great staff. Universal Studios was within walking distance, which we did 2 times. Good bedding, rooms were quiet, could not hear the neighbors, and the pool was great. We stayed there for 4 days and loved it and you could not beat the price. I would go back again.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Booked No Smoking Room in No Smoking Building behind office at Days Inn Show Low, Arizona. Assured this would not be an issue. The noise level and Smoking which was Done outside the room door close to one of the building entrances caused sleepless night with complaints to manager ignored. Days Inn provided 15% Discount on room charge. Later the Illegal drug activity and criminal elements on the property contributed to the death of Officer Reed of Show Low. People in the rural town were stunned saying that kind of thing just does not happen in Show Low.

It does, it just did and no one was proactive preventing these types of crimes; escalating in the area. PC Public Culpability Days Inn long time owners doing nothing to provide a safe nonhostile environment; complicit, culpable in Problems pervasive on the property management and longtime owners are aware of; fail to address. Management is the problem; not the solution. Stay at a safer location if there is one.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The Days Inn side in Reno Nevada is much nicer than the Super 8 side with nice clean rooms, parking in front of the room, great staff, quiet, easy check in and out. But the Super 8 side is pet friendly while the Days Inn side is not.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I set up a one day room rental through Hotels.com for 3/21/2018, Confirmation number: ** for $96.53. We checked into Days Inn Lanham, MD, and a chair was holding open the door to our assigned room 108. Upon inquiry, the front desk said the room prep was completed needing towels. We left some luggage in room and upon returning the room bed linen was totally unacceptable. Bed poorly made, linen looked worn, linen was dingy, with wrinkled sheets and pillowcases. I have pictures to prove my point. All I am asking for is a refund. I would like to add that the young lady at the front desk was very polite, friendly and professional. I can be reached via email or my cell. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have stay on several occasion and I truly enjoyed my stay in Days Inn Greenville. I've never had or encounter a bad experience. Whatever my needs they were taken care of without question.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Rooms were clean at Days Inn Ocean Springs MS. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast and cable were good. Convenient to everything. You don't want to waste your time trying to figure out where things are located.

Days Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

• Best for: Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs