3.42/5

462 Days Inn Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2019

E. **...May 4, 2019. Have stayed at this hotel many times for the Carlisle Spring car show. Above average hotel. However, this last visit 2 weeks ago was the best. Formerly, a Quality Inn and now a Days Inn and it shows. Granted, this is an older hotel and could use some modernization, however, check in was quick and courteous, the room was very clean and neat, and the hot breakfast was excellent. Manager, David **, was very pleasant and courteous. Desk assistant, Nicole, was also very courteous. I highly recommend this Days Inn.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I normally stay at 3-4 star hotels when I travel, but I have also stayed in a couple of 2-star hotels in the recent past. I recently booked a room at Days Inn Wyndham Hotel Miami Airport because it is in the vicinity of a seminar I am attending, and it was a reasonably priced combo/deal through Travelocity. I was concerned about the 2-star rating I read online, but because I was pressed for time I decided to give it a chance.

When I first walked into the room, I was very pleasantly surprised with the CLEANLINESS and unusual perks, like well-stocked coffee maker, security safe, iron and ironing board, large bathroom sink with a granite countertop. This is in addition to a pool, game room, and a really nice on-site micro-brewery/restaurant. I am also a stickler for customer service and the front desk help has been extremely courteous and helpful. Bottom line: In my opinion, Days Inn Wyndham Hotel Miami Airport deserves 4-stars. I will definitely stay here again if I need a Miami hotel. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Merced is my hometown. I visited to see my Children and grandchildren. My plan was to stay a maximum of 6 days...I stayed three weeks. The entire staff from the manager Melissa to each and every staff worker took themselves above and beyond to assure that my stay was very comfortable. Yes, this is a budget motel, however, I was treated every bit as well as if I would have been staying at a high priced Hotel. Jasmine, at the front desk and every lady that was in charge of room keeping treated me with a smile and professional service!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Days Inn is more inexpensive compared with all others. Their accent was partially different but their overall breakfast & benefits were entirely helpful. Their location is slightly within the lower suburbs outside of Reading, but their overall value is entirely worth it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot, very impressed with those things. However, the breakfast was a disappointment. Bagels and oatmeal was below average. The coffee was good as was the juice. But overall it could of been worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Days Inn?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Don't stay at any Days Inn. I was charged 250 dollars for smoking and I don't smoke. Rooms are disgusting and you will end up ill. I am still fighting to get my money back and now have to get a new debit card since I had to dispute it. Total nightmare. Run from them. It is totally worth spending more. My room was supposed to be 54 per night 108 total and ended up at 359 for 2 nights.. Just don't go there!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Booked through Expedia and no way to change rooms or get money back. The carpet needs to be shampooed badly. Every Expedia room we gotten so far has been a smoking room. We won't be booking through Expedia anymore. The towels were used. Did the maid forget? The beds were made. Why not fresh towels. I'm not a germ-a-phobe, but e-e-w-a! Nasty!

Original review: July 7, 2019

Rude front desk. Lost reservation & wasn't interested in my confirmation documentation. Booking agent straightened it out with them. The room had a dirty bed skirt which prompted me to look closer to find blood stains and live bedbugs! Took a photo/video & ran out. Front desk seemed not to care but offered a "better" room without the "upcharge." The room wasn't better except the shower wall wasn't broken. I checked around the mattress of one of the beds only to find beetle & roach carcasses. My 8 year old daughter screamed, "Wasp!" There was a wasp just chilling on the ceiling. That was it.

I gave back my card & asked for a full refund. The front desk had the nerve to tell me she wasn't sure they could do that. I asked for a manager. There wasn't one there. I believe the booking agent got them to refund the charges. It took hours of standby & disconnected calls to find a room including the 4th. Finally found a hotel much further from the beach. They were very nice offering to dry our clothes that might have been contaminated by the Days Inn bedbugs in high heat. I despaired at midnight. It was now my birthday but I was still going through luggage checking for bedbugs. I cried. I still had to pay for the whole day I lost @ the Days Inn toward the new hotel even though it was midnight. Fortunately, everything got better from there. I'm a single mom who works VERY hard all year & just wanted to escape for a few days to the beach with my kid. Stay away from this Days Inn.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Our room was dirty, wallpaper stained and falling off the wall. Sink stopped up, shower head only dripped out. Very disappointed in our stay. We were going to stop on our way home next week but I will definitely be finding somewhere else to stay!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights, prepaid on Priceline for workers going to Fresno. I personally called the hotel to confirm everything and make sure workers had what they needed. Was advised they just needed $100 for an incidental deposit or credit card. We advised the head worker they would need to have $100 cash or a credit card for the two room, two night reservation to cover the deposit that would be refunded after the stay.

The men worked all day and in the evening went to check in to the rooms. They were then informed it was $100 per room ($200) and the hotel refused to let them check into the 2nd room as they only brought $100 and none of them had brought credit cards. It was a Bad experience but rather than call me late at night, they all spent the night in 1 crowded room as none of them had brought extra cash or cards for the short job. The next day they confirmed with hotel staff they would be checking into the 2nd room and bringing the additional deposit. (They called mid-day and confirmed everything and advised they would be back later that evening and the clerk said that would be fine.)

Well after a LONG day of work in the heat, they arrived around 9PM and went to get the 2nd room only to be told that they could not check in to the 2nd room. The 2nd room reservation was not honored/cancelled. They would need to pay for a new room and the $100 fee if they wanted a 2nd room. Again late at night... The hotel clerk would not budge, no manager to speak with. They called me, and I spoke to a young lady who said the manager was gone, nothing they could do except she would be happy to sell me another room.

I got off the phone - called Priceline where we booked the rooms. Priceline called her and she told Priceline the hotel was full, manager gone, room cancelled, nothing could be done. I checked on Priceline's website immediately after to confirm if they had sold out in the past 1/2 hour since talking to her. As I suspected, I could book rooms on Priceline for that evening - King, 2 Queens, all types of rooms were available for that night. Somewhere along the line, another communication breakdown...

The principal of this was had we of had the correct information in the first place, there would never of been an issue. Our worker in charge did NOT want that hotel to get another dime of our money due to their earlier treatment, so they toughed it out for the night all in one room. The next morning when checking out, the clerk went to inspect the room before allowing a check out, which seems odd, but after she took 10-15 minutes in the room she came back saying that A TOWEL of some type was missing and they had to pay $10 for the towel to check out. First of all, the worker has been with us 20 years and there has NEVER been any issues. Clearly it was a bogus claim, but he paid the fee and left. When I tried calling to get a refund for the 2 nights in the 2nd room due to the issues, I was told The HOTEL refused to do anything. (Again no manager to talk to or deal with, just the clerk.)

They stated since we did not check in the first night (due to the misinformation provided by them) we forfeited the room. Did not matter that we had called in advance to make sure we knew what was needed which is what we went by. Also did not matter that the 2nd day when the worker called he was assured all would be fine. Bottom line is I do understand that things can and do happen, but it is how you handle problems that makes the difference. This was clearly mishandled and then they added insult to injury with the bogus $10 towel charge. On the towel, it is not the money at all, but the insult of accusing a worker we have known for 20 years of stealing a towel was simply crazy.

As info, we book hotel rooms 60 to 80 days out of the year between workers and family and rarely ever have even minor issues, let alone dealing with this type of poor business practices. The most costly of this issue is time spent dealing with this frustration. This makes me want to make sure OTHERS are aware, so hopefully they can avoid having to deal with any similar frustrations. We understand they deal with lots of types of people, but we are straight up in our dealings. The way this was handled with the check-in and then adding the bogus towel charge was simply over the top. Days Inn... Never Again...

Days Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Days Inn was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. It is a subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group and is classified as one of their economy brands. Days Inn operates almost 2000 hotels worldwide and includes three brands: Days Inn, Days Hotels and Days Inn & Suites.

• Free breakfast: Days Inn offers an expansive complimentary breakfast to all guests. The Free Daybreak Breakfast includes fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and other select items at different locations. Free coffee and tea is also available in all guest rooms.

• Free Wi-Fi: Days Inn provides all guests with free Wi-Fi in their rooms as well as in common areas.

• Special discounts: This chain of hotels offers discounts to members of certain groups, like AAA, CAA and AARP. They also have special offers that change seasonally. To see the most recent offers, travelers can visit the Days Inn website.

• Wyndham Rewards: Days Inn participates in the Wyndham Rewards program, so points earned at Days Inn can be used at any of the Wyndham brands, including other economy hotels like Super 8 and Knights Inn as well as upscale resorts like Dolce and Wyndham Grand. Members earn a minimum of 1,000 points for every stay.

• Sustainability: The Wyndham group continually works to lessen its properties impact on the environment. The Wyndham Green Tool box is a proprietary online system that lets the company monitor water and energy use as well as waste production and emissions company-wide.

• Best for: Days Inn caters to individuals looking for a great value. It’s suitable for solo travelers, families and retirees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs