Cruises-N-More

Lake Mary, FL

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been booking cruises with Cruises-N-More for a decade or more now, and have always been satisfied with their prices, service and professionalism - they almost always come in with the lowest quote, and I have never, ever had a problem. But I have never been moved to write a review until this week, when I received really exceptional customer service that I felt went above and beyond even the usual. I just booked a cruise through Cruises-N-More with MSC. I spoke with Orlando, who advised me about MSC's loyalty program status match program which saved me an additional 5% on my fare and gave me some additional nice perks - thank you Orlando for sharing that valuable tip!

Orlando was not in the office when I called back the next day, but Kenny ** went above and beyond to help me book the cruise and find the cabin I wanted, calling MSC three times, always got right back to me. He was truly delightful all the way through the process. Many thanks to Cruises-N-More for another great experience.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I have used them a couple of times, the owner and She will make sure you know she is the Owner!! Will promise you the World then get your Money and back down on some of the "Perks". Our First Cruise she told us the wrong room size, I thought it was just a mistake. The 2nd cruise believe it or not I do forget!!! So it must not of been that bad. This cruise I was told by her, her Sister in Law and 2 Employees that I would receive a Spa treatment for one. Then she came back after final payment and said no that it could not happen because I transferred a cruise and didn't book a new cruise.

If I would of known that I would of transferred it from her Company all together and received it from another company. It's only one Spa treatment, don't you think you would honor it. This is "her Company" her words to keep a client Happy??? I say no more she will do as the owner. She can do as she wishes. So if you want to be treated like 2nd class use them if not go elsewhere!!!

I am amazed at some of the negative comments I have read on this site. I have been dealing with Cruises-N-More (CNM) for over 15 years and I have booked more than 20 cruises with them. As a Diamond Plus member with Royal Caribbean (RC), I have dealt with several different agents during this period of time and they all were very competent. I frequently call other travel agencies to see what their on-board credits will be and find that CNM, without fail, offers better OBC's than any other agency, and almost always by a substantial margin.

I am currently dealing with Orlando. He always is exceptionally prompt returning emails or phone calls; all my communications are answered the same day unless I contact him at the end of the business day. He worked a "miracle" for me one trip when I inadvertently forgot to transfer my Royal Caribbean reservation within the 60 days that are allowed by them. Before I had begun using Cruises-N-More exclusively, I had called other travel agencies to see if they could convince RC to allow me to transfer my reservation so that I could take advantage of the travel agency OBC. Not one of them was able to do that. I finally called Orlando at Cruises-N-More who was able to negotiate with RC and somehow was able to transfer the reservation to CNM. I was then able to take advantage of the RC OBC plus the CNM credit. I am not one who normally posts reviews but I am doing so now as I have experienced excellent service and feel it should be acknowledged.

I had a great experience with using the 800 number to make my reservation with the online service. My agent helped me with everything I needed and some things I didn't know about. He answered every question and was very courteous. I really appreciate his kindness and understanding. I will use this service again when booking another cruise.

We booked a room for three senior ladies for a nine day cruise with Debbie ** of Cruises-N-More. I made it very clear that we needed to have a room that accommodates three seniors and needed three sleeping units on the floor... even a sofa bed or sofa would work fine. She booked us into an ocean view room on deck three. I inquired if the room met our specifications... she said she believed that those rooms had pull down bunks but she would check to make sure. I told her if the room was not suitable that we were ready to change to a room that was more suitable. Well I guess she was too much in a hurry to close the deal that she went ahead and booked/invoiced us and never inquired as to the suitability to our needs.

Upon our arrival in our state room we find that there are only two beds... two pullman bunks and a four foot sofa! I called Cruises-N-More on my cell phone while still in port and spoke with Debbie ** and Kenia **. They said there was nothing they could do and they would look into the situation and get back to me after my nine day cruise! Nine days and nowhere to sleep! I SPENT THE FIRST NIGHT SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR. After that they squeezed in and I do mean squeezed in, a roll away bed which made it close to impossible for myself and my roommates to move around for our nightly restroom calls. I found it easier and more comfortable for all to call it a night at 5 AM and moved up to the 11th floor pool deck lounge chairs to catch some addition shut eye until the sun came up!

Bottom line steer clear of the scams of Cruises-N-More. They are only interested in closing the deal and not customer service. They claim to be faultless and held no responsibility or sympathy for this shortfall. There are several other reputable agencies out there that will serve your needs to your satisfaction. Watch out for Cruises-N-More!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises-N-More?

I have read both good and bad reviews for this travel agency. Let me just say that there are faults in every travel agency I have dealt with in the past. Even booking directly with the cruise line has had its issues. We all take vacations to relax and get away from everyday life. When choosing where to cruise, which line to use and to use an agency or go direct, a person needs to do their homework. I am sure some are familiar with CruiseCompete.com, which is a service that allow the consumer to search for the best offers for the itinerary they are interested in.

When requesting quotes for the itinerary you are looking for, the responses come in quick with all kinds of options. When you first look at the quotes from each of the agencies, it is not real clear what they are offering so it is the consumer's responsibility to get the details. During this step is when I became aware of the agency Cruises-N-More.com. They were listed as the "Lowest" quote and had the highest on-board credit. It's a shame that I never knew this little trick and booked my previous cruises directly through the cruise line where no OBC was offered.

My first time using Cruise-N-More was back in 2012 with Ron **. He was very pleasant older gentleman and he made sure we were taken care of. I admit that I was very worried up until we boarded that things were not going to go right and our OBC would not be applied to our ship account. I have never used an outside agency for cruising and just did not know what to expect. When we checked in on the ship, I was very relieved as everything we scheduled and promised was indeed there. I was now hooked on using this type of service.

While we were on the cruise that we booked through CNM, we booked a 12-day Med Cruise so we could get the RCCL on-board booking bonus. When we got back home, I decided to use CruiseCompete again and sure enough CNM was the cheapest again. I called Ron up and told him that we booked while on-board and he not only offered a huge OBC but also was able to discount due to some promotion going on. I transferred the cruise from RCCL to CNM and saved about $2000 including OBC since we booked over a year in advance. We also received savings certificate in the mail for our cruise itinerary and CNM was able to apply it to our cruise. Our cruise was awesome and went without issue.

We are now very happy with CNM and have booked 2 more cruises with them (I still double check with CruiseCompete to make sure they are the cheapest). Ron has since retired so we had to find someone else at CNM to take over our account. The first agent we talked to was someone that I did not feel was up to the task and decided to find someone else. I called into their 800 number and decided to go down 1 extension and I found Debbie ** (ext **). She was very helpful and was able to offer me the most on-board credit again. She has always been responsive, unless she was on vacation, and has been able to make changes and re-quote when the prices went down. Overall, I have been very happy with their service. I have 2 cruises with Royal Caribbean on the calendar and in 27 days one of them will be underway. Overall, I would recommend that people at least check them out.

On separate occasions, I attempted to use Cruisecompete.com, but both times it was Cruises-N-more that hosed it up for me. I left very simple instructions for the preparations of my quotes and they totally ignored both of them. I had asked for only "real numbers", not (save up to $$$). The second request was "no obstructed view cabins". I was quoted obstructed view cabins thinly veiled by the "cabin type" numbering system. If I had not done my homework prior to that, I would have been stuck staring at a lifeboat the whole trip. They try to lure you with vague offers that most likely would not apply to your quote. But by the time you notice there is a problem, they have already charged your credit card. Bottom line? Their offers are very misleading and confusing. Veer away.

I have booked over 10 cruises with this company. Sometimes things went well, but most times they would run my credit card and not call for final payment. It’s always hard to get a hold of them and I have trouble with them getting the lower price as the price dropped before final payment. This time I had booked a cruise for October and left a deposit. When I wanted to get it switched to a December sailing, they called back and said it was a non-refundable price on a promotion. That cost me $200, plus there’s the $150 shipboard credit as well. I never would have booked knowing that it was non-refundable. Someone with over 50 sailings do not book before final payment as prices always go down when they are begging for people to fill the ship. If it fills up, there are always other ships and sailings. They definitely do not follow through.

There was a complaint posted here about our company Cruises-N-More. It referred to a promotion of "Included Gratuities." The client mentions they were charged for the gratuities even though the ad read that they were included. This customer says the ad never mentioned that they may not qualify. Each booking that is made through our website has a box that must be checked with terms and conditions. It also always has the disclaimer that some bookings may not qualify for certain promotions. Due to our limitations on what the vendors will allow us to offer to specific individual bookings, we must have those disclaimers on our site. Here is an example of what the promotion detail reads:

“2-week sale: Reduced Deposit + Johnny Rockets or Specialty Dinner + More! Cruises-N-More Promotions X.

*Reduced Deposit all 2010 and 2011 sailings call to apply this perk.
*Pre-Paid Gratuities or Double Onboard Credits all bookings.
*Dinner For Two at a Specialty Restaurant all bookings.
* Family Bonus: Triple & Quad Cabins with at least one passenger 17 or younger will receive a meal for up to four at Johnny Rockets or a Bottle of Wine, Soda Package for kids & Priority Boarding. (please note: this offer is not combinable with Specialty Dinner Offer you can choose either bonus).

*15% Off Shore Excursions booked at www.cruises-n-more.com (select destinations apply).

*Additional Savings: Seniors, Resident Rates, Police, Firefighters & Military call for details. Please note amenities vary when booking these rates and you are guaranteed at least a valuable onboard credit or gratuities!

*Diamond and Platinum Members: We accept your balcony/suite discounts, call us to apply this benefit. Please note amenities vary when this perk is applied and you are guaranteed at least a valuable OBC.

Restrictions: Pre-Paid Gratuities and Double Onboard Credits are combinable with non-restrictive fare codes and special pricing codes/discounts under Crown & Anchor, Tuesday Sales Event (formerly Happy Hour), Military, Police, Firefighters, Senior and Residents may reduced the amenity provided to a valuable onboard credit. Please contact us with any questions regarding your bonus offer prior to purchasing online. Shore Excursions booked on our website are discounted by 15% and these savings are reflected online. Family bonus and dinner for two at a specialty restaurant are not combinable and bookings will receive either offer. Sale ends on 6/15. Additional restrictions apply.”

As you can see there is a section that reads "restrictions" specifically for these instances. This is the same for all of our cruises and all of our promotions. We want to apologize to any client that misunderstands the site in any way. However, we are a very reputable company that has always spelled everything out in black and white to combat any misunderstandings. There is also a policy that if you are unsatisfied in any way you can cancel within 24 hours with no penalty.

We bought a tour on a cruise to Baja, California and they gave us a promotion of prepaid gratuities, but to our surprise they charged us the gratuities. When we asked why we were charged for the gratuities they replied saying that the promotion depended if we qualified or not, but that was not what was stated on the Internet when we bought the cruise. I'm attaching the receipt that I received were it says that it’s all paid. The total price is $569.00 plus taxes/fees of $428.96, total amount paid is $997.96.

We bought a tour on a cruise to Baja California, and they gave us a promotion of prepaid gratuities. But to our surprise, they charged us the gratuities. When we asked why we were charged for the gratuities, they replied saying that the promotion depended if we qualified or not. But that was not what was stated on the internet when we bought the cruise.

Cruises-N-More Company Profile