1.34/5
Based on 32 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Country Inns & Suites

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 26, 2017

34 Country Inns & Suites Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

To have made a reservation that I email Booking.com and also call to let them know I had a 2 tire blow out and I can't make it Friday 9/22. Call talk to front desk also. I couldn't believe I was changed Saturday morning 9/23. I called the hotel to speak with the manager 3x only to be lied to and avoided. He was in Traffic all morning before I left home then when I arrived the wasn't available. Charged 199.00.

They wanted an extra 92.00 for us to stay. I didn't have then I called Booking.com. Spoke to Chris. Ask why did I get charged only to him tell, "I will refund you your money so you can take care of your night." Ask to go to Wal-Mart and tried to give him 200.00 on a gift card for him so I ask, "Where am I going to get 200.00. Your partner the hotel took what I had." He screamed at me, "Manage your money." Light bulb moment for me. I was being scammed to pay again for him to acted like they gave me money. I was charged a no show. Had tires blow out. Couldn't make it. Very disappointed in this Booking.com company and Country Inn. NO STARS!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We stayed for 6 nights, no problem. Paid $717. We then booked another 6 nights at $82 or so a night. We found online that the suites were $9-$13 more a night so we called and asked if we could move to a suite at the $9-$13 more a night rate. The front desk lady said she did not know what the manager and us had going on with the rates and they don't go off what’s online because it's personally owned. So about an hour later my wife called the front desk to ask to speak to a manager, "Cheryl **" at the Slidell Louisiana Location, threatened us to call the cops because she did not want to argue. NO She did not want to do her job.

So we said, “Ok, we are leaving.” As we are packing, the cops showed up and basically "Cheryl **" wasted police time. They blew it off because we did nothing. It was embarrassing and rude of Ms. Cheryl **. This is the first review. I will be contacting the BBB and the Corporate office next. BEWARE OF COUNTRY INN!! Just read all these reviews on here. They are not False!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 7, 2017

Room a/c thermostat showing 80 degrees since arrival. Given a fan, then a second fan. Our second room (another family member), a/c was cooling, but air in room too moist. Toilet about to overflow. Carpet feels lumpy. Staff courteous, apologetic, says no rooms available.

Original review: May 24, 2017

We loved this hotel. The room we had was huge and one of the cleanest I have been in. The beds were very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were very clean and not too small. The staff were very helpful, quick and efficient. The breakfast was great with a variety to choose from. We only wished we had more time to enjoy it more.

Original review: April 7, 2017

We booked this hotel through a travel website. Our booking described a 2 bedroom suite. Upon check-in, we were given 1 room. Front desk informed us that 2 bedrooms is equivalent to 2 beds in 1 room. If that was clear, we would not have spent over $150 on 1 room. If I was looking for a house and the listing said 2 bedrooms, I would be expecting 2 separate rooms, not 2 beds in 1 room. We are currently seeking to get half of what we paid refunded. We feel this is reasonable because we were too tired to negotiate and did use the 1 room. Hoping to get this resolved soon. Called 3 times and not able to speak to a manager yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Inns & Suites?

Original review: March 20, 2017

Made reservations back in November 2016 for our honeymoon in March 2017. Called and was advised late check-in was OK per someone is always there. Called 2 days before our wedding and was told again late check-in was OK. I told the woman we had to drive over 5 hours to get there. Wedding Day March 18 2017 comes and we leave for the honeymoon only to get held up in Orlando traffic. We got to the hotel around 12:30 am and was told our reservations were cancelled. The man at the front desk could not advise who cancelled and when I was speaking with the man, he made me move aside to help another guest. So we drove 6 hours from Ft. Myers FL to St Augustine only to be told our reservations canceled, along with being treated very rudely.

We went to several other hotels who were booked up and no vacancies. We stopped at a Hilton. The woman there was so nice and helped us find a room for the night. So needless to say, we finally got checked into another hotel around 2 am Sunday morning. We were later told by another hotel that Country Inn was famous for overbooking and giving reserved rooms away. I should say though thank you Country Inn and Suites because at the time I thought you ruined our honeymoon but you saved us money by staying at another hotel!

Original review: March 12, 2017

On the CountryInns.com site, the only rate displayed is the "Advanced Purchase" option without mention that it is a non-refundable rate, until the confirmation email is sent. Operator at the 888.288.8889 number refused to change to the higher refundable rate even though I called within minutes of receiving the email. I asked for the supervisor. They just put me on hold and ignored me for over 20 min all the while playing an annoying jingle that I was an important call. The gall!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

No hot water. I booked 3 rooms for 3 days, paid extra for in room jacuzzis. Every evening no hot water was available for showers or jacuzzis. Hair dryer took 3 days to replace. Manager acknowledge and apologized for lack of hot water and refused to credit more than 30 dollars. Corporate could care less. Will never stay at a Country Inns or any of their affiliates.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

When I knew I was going to be coming to Amarillo, Texas for at least an 8 week visit that was paid for by my company, I did an online search to find hotels that had wired ethernet connections in the rooms. I was assured that the rooms indeed did have wired ethernet, so I had my company book a stay for 8 weeks. Upon arriving to the room and initiating a connection to the internet, I discover that the Wifi was fully operational, but that there was no connectivity via ethernet. I placed a call to the front desk, and the girl there in all her wisdom stated that no one else was having problems with WiFi and that if I wanted to, I could bring my computer down to the front desk to receive assistance with connecting.

I then responded, "I was not referring to Wifi, I was referring to Cable Ethernet connection," and then this receptionist responded with, "You don't have to be so rude, I am just trying to help". (She couldn't understand my initial question regarding "Ethernet cable connection as opposed to Wifi". I said I would try again, and after 15 minutes of futility, I called back to the front desk to ask for a number for Customer support, to which she responded, "I don't know of a number to customer support". I then said, “There has to be customer support available if you have Internet capability, so can you check to locate a number for customer support?” She said she would try and get back to me.

Ten minutes later she called back to give me a number which I immediately called. I was then shocked when I heard the person at the other end of the line say to me that they did not offer technical support to individual rooms, and that the only way they could respond would be if the hotel called to say there was a widespread outage. I hung up the phone in disbelief, thinking that I had to be dreaming that I had been transported to a 3rd world country where they were just discovering the internet. I was in total shock and disbelief, to say the least.

I then called back to the front desk to relay what I had been told and she said there was nothing she could do about it, that no one had ever required help with connection to the internet using ethernet. I said that it was rather amazing that the hotel could advertise themselves as offering the internet via ethernet without offering tech support for troubleshooting issues as they arose. She very abruptly said there was nothing she was going to do about it and began issuing a tirade against me like I have ever heard from a hotel employee in my whole life. I said, "You know what, your attitude sucks, and you are in the wrong job. I am going to register a serious complaint, so what is the name of the General Manager?" She said she was the General Manager, and I said, " No, you could not be the General Manager, who is it?”

With still a bit of reluctance, she gave me the name of the General Manager, with whom I will have a face to face confrontation with on Monday, December 19th. I am also planning to call Corporate Headquarters in Minnesota and register the biggest complaint I have ever registered against any hotel. Further spreading of the experience I have had will continue on TripAdvisor and other Websites, as many as I can find.

The person with whom I dealt has the name of Trish. At the very outset at the point of registration, I detected an immense amount of defensiveness and abruptness that I have never ever in my whole life of staying at hotels seen in any person in her position. It makes me think she has to be related to someone in the company, since no one in their right mind would ever have a person with such a psychiatric aberration being in a position such as this.

I let the first incident go by since I was tired from having driven for 2 days, but when this thing came up with the internet, the bats truly did ascend from hell and the entire situation has definitely caused me to not ever as long as I live make another reservation at this place. If you all that are reading this, do yourself a favor and find another place. You would get better service at a place like Motel 6 or Sleep Inns; perhaps their employees have not just been released from the nearest Psychiatric Hospital.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Was told due to hot water in hotel not working would get discount. Then the next day they said it smelled like smoke in the room which I don't smoke and charged me 193$ more dollars. Never stay there again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

We will NEVER book another room with Country Inn and Suites in Eagan Minnesota. I booked their suite for two nights because we needed the extra room since there was six of us. When we got there they had us in a small room with two tiny beds. When I told them they messed up they told us the suite was full the first night but could move us the next night and give us a discount since we had to repack all our stuff and take it with us to the mall and recheck in and unpack the next day.

When I went down the next morning to clear things up they refused the discount the night clerk promised and wanted to charge me full price of the suite for two nights even though we just stayed a night in the tiny room. They could clearly see when I made the reservation that I booked for 3 adults and 3 teens. But told me I had only booked a double. When I told them I couldn't have done that, with so many people it's not allowed, they told me it was perfectly legal to have 6 adults in a double bedroom. We ended up having to find another hotel for the second night.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

On 11/12/2016 I was at the Williamsburg Va Country Inn for a work related trip. I got in and quickly changed and headed out for business, leaving all my belongings on the 1 bed in my bag. I returned about 10:30 exhausted fell asleep only to be woken up with the feeling of things crawling on me. I got up to use the restroom and my right side of my body (arm, legs, neck) was itching so I stumbled back to bed sleepy not thinking much of it as I go to get in bed I see more than a dozen bugs some extremely small others large. I freaked and called my husband frantically as I was trying to kill all of them, some got away others were so full of my blood they had sucked I suppose they were much slower.

I then called the front desk and the man that answered said very rudely "So what do you want me to do about it, you want a different room?" I said "not if there will be more bugs" when he stated "well I can't say there won't be." When I went to get another room I get to the desk and the man said nothing, so I said I'm the one that just got woken to bed bugs, he then typed on the computer and threw the new key card across the counter and went back to the room behind the counter, did not even say 1 word to me, nothing no sorry. I have since called corporate who promised I would hear from manager and escalations within 24hrs, it has now been well over that and not 1 call.

Meanwhile I have massive welts that that itch like nothing I have ever been bitten by all of my stuff is in garbage bags outside of my house for fear that I will bring them into my home. Country Inn and Suites does not care that my shoes, luggage, cosmetics, clothing are sitting outside or that I'm itching and having the embarrassment of these massive welts that are visible on my neck and arms. They do not care that most of my cosmetics and very expensive skincare products are probably ruined from being out in the cold as I cannot risk their bed bugs hitchhiking into my home, they can hide in the smallest of crevices and lay eggs. This has been a nightmare and I would not wish this to happen to anyone else.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I booked a room for a week for a business trip in the Merrillville IN location. I stayed approximately 5 hrs, woke up around 2:15 am covered in bed bugs. I was to receive credit for the stay but my credit card was still charged for the one night being there. When calling the hotel manager was very rude and don't want to speak to me about the issue!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

Left my truck in the parking lot and my side window was busted, paint damaged and my contents stolen. Total damage $3000. I was told originally that they have security but that was a lie and they claim no responsibility. Other guests were also broken in. When I call the manager at the location of Houston Intercontinental Airport on JFK Blvd Houston, Tx manager Jack ** to get an update on the police investigation he does not even have the courtesy to return calls.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

We were evicted from our hotel room based on the error of the hotel. My husband and I check into the Country Inn and Suites located on 24555 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124-1731. We drove from Chicago because my husband had to conduct business in Windsor Canada. We checked in at 4AM. PRIOR to our checked in, we called the hotel to ensure that we can check in at that time and it wouldn't be a problem. We were checking in from Tuesday August 23rd to Wednesday August 24th. After speaking with the Night Front Desk Clerk which was quite rude, she assured me that it would be considered 1 night.

Now I've never stayed at a Country Inn before. Typically I do the Hilton Brand of hotels. But I was highly disappointed. First and foremost, the rude service at front desk. Secondly, 2 housekeepers stormed into my room after having a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door and I was speaking to clients via phone. Then around 8pm, I get a call from ** the manager stating that I need to make payment. I was shocked. I explained to him that the front desk clerk ensured me that this would be considered one night. He claimed that actually after 6am is when it's considered the next day. I stated that this was not my problem because I was told by an employee that I paid until the next day and if I had known, my husband and I would have waited 2 hours in the lobby until 6am.

I've never had an issue with a hotel regarding early check-in as long as I let the clerk know beforehand. Hence the reason why we called before and told it was okay. So ** the manager started to harass us by calling the room every 10 minutes. I then asked to speak to his manager **. He refused to give me her information and then finally after my husband insisted, he gives us her card. Then he calls shortly after stating he spoke to her and we have to pay. I asked him if I can speak to ** myself and he refused and hung up the phone. The he called back and threatened to call the police if we did pay. I still refused because I wanted to speak to the general manager because the information we were given was not correct.

20 minutes later, we hear 3 police at our room door. We invited them in and filled out a Police Report. After I explained what was going on, the police agreed this was horrible customer service and suggested I follow up in a civil matter. They couldn't believe that we were being thrown out over an employee in ability to relay the correct information to customer. We left and check into the Holiday Inn Express right next to the hotel. I am still in shock about how this was handled. I travel for a living and stay 2-3 hotels a week. This was my first and last stay at Country Inn and Suites. My husband is a Nurse and I'm a Human Resources Manager and Employment Lawyer. We are 2 professionals, never been in any trouble with the law and to know we were evicted from a hotel because the manager refused to see that this was a error on their end was appalling. I need for this to be investigated ASAP. Incident # **.

Original review: July 21, 2016

A large group of us stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Merrillville, Indiana for a middle school aged softball tournament. Nearly every room had issues. We had issues in our rooms such as spider egg nests, a mud wasp nest on the ceiling, stained bed covers bathrooms with hair (some curly) all over, pee on toilets, mold on shower curtains and on the caulk around toilet and shower. One room called to complain about a leak in their bathroom. The front desk said "I'm not sure what you want me to do? I can send up a bucket and towels...I'm sure it will stop when the room above stops the shower." My room had a spill on the window ledge that you could tell had been there for a while because there was mold on it, filthy bathroom and when I stood by the window I felt the floor drop, there was a hole that went through to the next level about 15 inches in size.

As for the rest of the hotel, the lobby had a rug that had 3 or 4 large stains on it that covered what looked like it could have been a nice hardwood floor. Dust and dirt everywhere in the halls, tile that was missing and popped up. A couple of us complained to the manager upon check out. He offered to discount my stay from 2 nights to only 1. Even at $140, this hotel was not worth $70 a night but I figured it's better than nothing and get me outta here.

Once home I noticed that the original $280 charge was never dropped and the $140 was also charged. I tried to reach the manager many times with no response. I then tried to reach corporate but there wasn't anything they would do because on one of the night something hit my window on the outside and cracked it, I notified the front desk and they called the local police. The police report said it had nothing to do with me it was an outside party, but since the police were called the people at the Carlson Group said there is nothing they can do about my issue with the manager. Finally 10 days later the manager finally called me back to discuss the issue and finally refunded me my money. Couldn't wait to get home and take a shower!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

Called Country Inn Dearborn, MI Dec. 2015 about their meeting room for a baby shower, had to leave a message. Received a call back within a few days stating I needed to speak to the manager (Sam) about it at an Ohio area code (419). Called the manager (Sam), spoke with him about the room and what I wanted to use it for my shower was a Sun. He told me it would be $100 then he stated I would have to come see him at the hotel and he'd be there M-F until 4 pm.

I came in beginning of Jan 2016 early in the week, 2:40 pm (my son's school was nearby and he got out at 3:30 pm). Seen the room, could fit 8-9 long tables. Was told to have a seat by 3 pm. I let the man at the front desk know I had to pick my son up. He said it would only be a few more moments. I wanted to book room so it was available. I waited, he finally came out at 3:20 pm then tried to charge me $150. I reminded him I spoke with him on the phone and he told me the room was $100. He started being rude but gave me the meeting room for the price he told me. I booked it from 3 pm-7 pm for Feb 28th.

I arrived yesterday Feb 28th at 3:05 pm. The room was dirty cookies on the floor, coffee cups on counter, garbage in the garbage can and no tables out, room was filled with chairs. Told the man at the desk I needed tables and the room to be cleaned up. He stated he was unaware the room was being used and said he would see what he could do. 20 min pass I go back to the counter. It is a different man up there. I tell him my party starts at 4 pm. I need the room cleaned up and tables so we can set up and asked him if anyone told him that. He states he just came onto shift. He was unaware the room was being used and he would see what he could do me and my people find tables and stacked chairs in the storage closets in the room. We begin throwing garbage away, stacking the chairs that filled the room and pulling tables out the closet.

3:45 pm - I go back up there and tell him my party starts in 15 min. It has been 45 since I've asked for help that I am 9 months pregnant and that I could get hurt doing it myself and/or someone I am with that he needs to get someone back there to help us and clean the room and that I have done most of the work. He gets rude and tells me he has no extra staff. He didn't know it was being used and that he can't go back there and do the front desk at the same time after he took care of the 3 people in line he would be back there to do it himself. I reminded him again my guest would be arriving in less than 15 min now and I needed assistance immediately and asked to speak to a manager. He stated he was the only person I could talk to. It was no one else back there and that the managers # was on the business card for the hotel.

I then called the mobile # on the business card. It was (Sam) the manager I had set everything up with. I told him my party was starting 4 pm and I have not even been able to set up. I explained the disposition of the room to him. He tells me that I should've made enough time to set up prior to my party and that I tell the Country Inn staff how I want it set up and they set it up for me. I then told him that I paid for the room from 3-7 today and that I have been asking someone for help for an hour that my people have been getting out tables and we have been setting up the room ourselves and it still needs to be cleaned as well. He then says he will call me back. He is going to get someone in there.

3 of my guest arrive, I apologize and give them the 1st arrival gift and tell them we should be ready soon. 2 women come in and get right to work. We began making progress - room got vacuumed, additional chairs got put away as my guest are arriving and nothing is set up. Was unable to bring anything else in until room was ready.

Called manager (Sam) back again and let him know it was very unprofessional his staff was telling me they were not prepared for my arrival and the 2 women told me someone rented it out on Sundays to do their church service and that is why it was looking that way and reminded him I paid for the time slot and done most of the work. He cuts me off and says they don't do refunds. I continue saying we did most of the work by stacking chairs, cleaning up garbage from floor and around, room storage closet was open, pulled out all of the tables because no one could help me for a while hour until it was time for my party to start and that these ladies are getting it cleaned up and helping arrange the tables. He then says he can give me $10 as I'm redirecting my guest. Never offered the upgraded area (which was clean). Told me that was all he could do.

I then told him this is not what I paid for. My guest are seeing this and I had the times I set up for the shower not only around my schedule but for the convenience of my guest as well and that $10 was not even 25% after all the work we did and my guest walking in for a party that is nowhere near ready for them to even sit in the room. He said at this time, "Well I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I can give you an extra hour. That is all I can do cause you're going to use the room anyway." I explained to him that it is still not set up 20 min into my party and that 95% of my set up was still in bags and that I'm still technically not using the room yet he says I can take my things and leave. He will have them give me a full refund. I was so upset I hung up the phone. All I could do was cry.

The 4 people I brought to help, set up told me to go calm down, finish getting food and everything I was going to bring before this happened, fix my hair and makeup and it will be ready when I come back. We could not cancel a party that people had been getting ready for over a month and that it was too many people there to leave now. I was so upset I didn't want to be seen as I cried and cried. Worse experience I've had in my life. I get my rooms from there but not anymore. I will never return to a Country Inn nor a Carlson companies hotel after this experience.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

We have been traveling to Warner Robins Georgia frequently in the past few months due to a very ill son here. We are from NY. This is the first time we have stayed here at Country Inn and Suites. The hd tv was fuzzy and unable to see well. Wi-fi comes and goes, which is a must as I work remotely. So that was an issue. Then this am I was greeted by a large cockroach in our bathroom. We will never stay here again and would never recommend it EVER.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

I was on website to book a weekend long weekend trip and needed a room with separate living room area. Reserved at Country Inns and Suites in Beckley WV for Jan 15th - 18th. The room description was double bed with non smoking but the picture had a double bed in back of room with picture of separate living room infront. So I made booking and so excited about deal that was offered for our trip so we wouldn't be crowded on our trip. Later I went to confirm room description and was advised it was a standard room only not suite.

I advised the desk clerk that the picture showed a suite and does not state is a standard room. She said it was a mistake and I would not be getting a suite on my arrival. She looked up the website and saw what I was looking at and said she was going to have her manager change that. I advised that I should get a suite cause that is what was advertised whether it was a mistake or not. She said she couldn't give me a suite 'cause it was a mistake on the website. We will not be staying here again since we were mislead with the type room we were going to be ending up with. If all the other hotels weren't already so booked I would've cancelled my reservation. I have stayed at this hotel (not exactly in this city) hundred times or more and have always preferred it over others... But maybe it is time to try others since they can't seem to honor what they advertise. I have picture of price with pictures also to prove my case. So disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

Made a reservation for 5 people, 2 adult and 3 teenager, 2 girls and a boy. When we got there the room only slept 4 and the furniture was stained. I had called before I had made the reservation online to find out how the room would accommodate us and was reassured we would fit. Not the case! VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

We stayed at Newport News Va Country Inns and Suites. You don't want to stay their unless they take care of Bedbugs, ants and make sure the room is clean!!!

Original review: June 15, 2015

I booked two nights at this hotel just outside Atlantic City for me, my wife and two kids. I drove there separately from my wife and kids: me from Princeton, them from Washington DC. After a 4.5 hour drive my wife and kids got there before me. They were hot, tired and hungry. Despite having a printout of the email confirming booking and the confirmation number, the hotel refused to let my wife and kids check into the room. They made them wait in the parking lot until I arrived half an hour later. When I complained, the officer manager ** just shouted at me. (I was not shouting at him.) What's the point of a confirmation number if it's not taken as confirmation of booking? And since when are managers trained to shout at customers?

Original review: April 25, 2015

I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Shakopee the night of April 10, 2015. The young lady handling my check-in was not neatly dressed. I was not offered an upgrade as stated when I made my reservations. When I got to my room the ironing board was up which made me wonder if the room had been made up. There was a small refrigerator and a small microwave on top of that in the corner of the room. The towels were discolored. There was something at breakfast that I did not recognize. I know I should have asked! When I got the e-mail for the survey I was told I should have complained at the time. I have stayed at many Country Inn & Suites and have never had a bad experience! I will never stay at this one again!

Original review: April 12, 2015

I arrived at the Country Inn Suite Atlanta Ga 1365 Hardin Ave on April 05. I stayed until April 07. Then returned on the 8. The first 2 nights were fair. The last night was TERRIBLE. I arrived at approximately 3:00 pm on Mon the 8th. The first room smelled of a bad fragrance. I asked to move to another room after waiting in line for I don't know how long. Finally I was moved to a room directly above the "swimming pool". The room felt really stuffy so I opened the window thinking my companion and I would receive fresh air, bad move. Instantly we both fell into a DEEP SLEEP asleep for 5 straight hours. I tried to wake up several times, but was unable to. I did not awake until 10 pm!!! This room I believe had Carbon Monoxide and gases coming from the hot tub and pool area.

After awaking by the grace of the LORD... I went to the desk and talked to **. She acted as if I was crazy or unknowledgeable about The "Silent KILLER" Carbon Monoxide. I waited 30 minutes at least for her to finally to decide to call the manager. She had an attitude and asked if I wanted a refund which would not be placed back on my card until several days later! Really! Finally, after she spoke to the manager I was moved to another room... my companion was still asleep and WHEN HE AWOKE, HIS EYES WERE BLOODSHOT RED. He was almost in coma. I finally helped him get out of this toxic room into the 3rd room we were given.

Overall it was near death experience, that I never ever want to experience again. I spoke with the hotel manager and was told he actually lost money that night by switching my room. Really, I actually almost lost my life that night. I am not satisfied with his reassuring the room was ok jokingly. He will be hearing from my attorney... p.s I also asked them when the hot tub had last been cleaned. No one could give me an answer!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

My room was not clean! First of all I had a hard time getting. Then I get in go to take a shower, hair is everywhere! Tub, shower walls, and toilet! Then I go by the bed, candy on the floor! Then I get in the bed, hair in the blankets, cover and bed!!! I was so tired and drained I didn't have the energy to go to the front desk or even call. Oh I forgot, hair was on my towels! I would love to be reimbursed if not all some of my money. I paid $77.15 for the night...

Original review: Jan. 3, 2015

During check in on 1/1 2015 we confirmed that laundry services would be provided, as it also states on website they were not (because the entire team was not there). When I spoke to Melody (clerk) she was extremely rude and stated we would need to speak to manager (wasn't available until following morning). Due to this I had to purchase another pair of baseball pants.

On 1/2 when we left the room there was clay on the carpet and bathroom floor (no broom available to clean myself). I left at 8 AM & when I returned the clay was still there, towels were placed on counter inside room & dirty towels were still on bathroom floor. I proceed to buy laundry soap from the clerk (Melody or Alex) & was informed the hotel was out. The attitudes from both clerks were extremely uncalled for. I will definitely NOT recommend Country Inn & Suites nor will I stay again. We play travel baseball and this treatment is uncalled for.

Original review: June 17, 2013
    I stayed at Country Inn and Suites in Nashville, TN for one night in January 2013. The water sprinkle opened in my room and damaged my laptop and my suit.

I am a doctor and I was there for a job interview. I lost a lot of important files because of the damage to my laptop. I was contacted by the insurance company and the hotel, and they both refused to reimburse me. It was one of the worst experiences in my life. Please advise.

Original review: May 7, 2013

I complained about very strong and pungent smells coming from guests who were apparently cooking some type of very nasty food in their rooms, apparently, in a very large quantity. I stayed here for three weeks and had to complain twice about what sounded like a sumo wrestling match above me. No big deal. But on the last night, the smell of the food polluted my room to the point where it was unbearable. When I complained, a man who claimed it was "his hotel" came to my room and told me I had the right to fry food in my room too and was very rude. I was polite to him and told him that for an upscale hotel, it is unacceptable for me to endure cafeteria style volume of cooking that was polluting my room. He said he wanted me to leave the next day and I told him he'd have to beg me to stay. One more thing, my room had a Jacuzzi in it and when I turned it on, bright orange rusty water with small particles filled the tub. It was disgusting. Stay at your own risk because if you complain, the man who claims it's his hotel will be very condescending and provocational. This man literally wanted to punch me.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2012

Not honoring commitment - After purchasing a package for a stay at the Country Inn & Suites at Carmel, IN during the PBS Tele-a-sale and making a reservation, we were informed that the facility was closed for remodeling. Our reservation was well within the time frame stated for the package. We are out the monies with no recourse. Very poor advertising and customer service.

Original review: July 2, 2012

Arriving from Alaska, my wife and I was picked up from the Atlanta Airport by shuttle. When we arrived at the motel, our luggage was under loaded in the parking lot. As we are both in our late 60's, I went in to the front desk to ask for a cart. Casey (the woman at the desk) told me to look for one. After walking all around the first floor and outside and not finding any, I returned and asked her for help. She said that they must be all in the rooms. She offered no help at this point and her attitude was that she could care less. Overall motel was fine, if only you could replace the staff. I doubt that we return to this motel again.

Country Inns & Suites Company Information