1.42/5
Based on 48 reviews that contain star ratings

49 Country Inns & Suites Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I stayed at a Country Inn & Suites in Michigan City, IN. It didn't seem clean and carpets were very grungy and stained. I highly doubt I had clean linens or towels, broke out with ringworm lesions after my stay. Never booking this hotel or any other Country Inn and Suites ever again.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I reserved a room for one night from June 30-July 1. When I received the confirmation, it was for two nights June 12-14. I immediately called the hotel and was told they couldn't make a change and I needed to call Radisson. Radisson told me I needed to contact the hotel and they sent a note to management. I sent an email explaining what happened, and followed up with another email. I have gotten no responses. I have stayed at many hotels, including other Country Inn and Suites (which used to be a favorite) and this is the first time I have had no assistance or response. I will be sharing this with friends and family who are considering staying at any Country Inn and Suites. All I needed the hotel to do, was correct the date.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2018

The entire place was just "tired" looking. Starting with the grimy, worn-out carpet and grungy, stained furnishings, broken/missing grout in the bathroom flooring, tub drain plug broken and missing light bulbs. The ice machine was broken, the hot water for tea came out of the dispenser ALREADY BROWN... Not at all acceptable. A/C was very loud... But, I decided that it sounded like a rainstorm and that I'd sleep harder for it.

All this I could get past, because the room was on the "affordable" side... until I discovered that the cleaning crew had taken our dirty underwear! That's right, a pair of granny panties and my husband's Fruit o' the Loom boxers... dirty... in a laundry bag. Why? When I complained to management, she said the girl's phone was turned off and she didn't come in until 10 AM. And, when I asked what compensation she could offer, she said none, because I booked through Expedia. So, Country Inn and Suites of Fountain Court, Columbus, GA... hope you enjoy my undies.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We checked in to the hotel on Saturday night, got into the room. It was very nasty so, we cleaned the room. I went to turn on the light. There were no light bulbs in the lamps and the door lock was broken. Went downstairs to tell the young lady at the front desk and she said, "Ok. Will send someone to fix the problems," then I asked for a ironing board. The young lady at the desk replied none of the rooms have ironing boards. Saturday no one came to the room to address the problems, so I asked to speak to the manager and the young lady replied that the manager would be in Sunday morning which that was not true.

Sunday afternoon after complaining again to the next front desk young lady we was given another room which had an ironing board in which the first desk young lady once again lied. She just sat there doing nothing to rectify the situation. For the price that I paid for this hotel I should've had these problems. On Monday when I addressed the manager with the issues she gave me a $25 discount but, I believe this headache should of been free. Very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I really enjoy the decor and the amenities of Country Inns & Suites NJ, Pittsburg, Ohio. Breakfast always has been good, indoor pool nice and wifi is strong. Nice to sit by the fireplace after a long day and many restaurant close by or malls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Inns & Suites?

Original review: March 27, 2018

We stayed in this hotel in Manteno Illinois Country Inns & Suites for 6 nights and checked out at the cost of $900 and the toilet and flush right, the bathroom was filled with ants on the floor and in the tub. The tub would not drain properly and a bunch of other things such as vending machines not working, key card readers on exits outside not working and extremely rude staff.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Lawrenceville, GA for business and was itching all week and on Friday morning when I woke up the was a bug crawling on the pillow. After looking at it closely it was no roach. It was an adult bedbug and that is why I was itching all week. I have pictures too with the marks the bugs left on my body. The hotel and corporate gave me the runaround and made it like me and another young lady who stayed on a totally different floor than I did whom I don't even know is lying on them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I recently booked a room at the Country Inn & Suites, Gainesville, FL (2 queen large room with sofa bed) and I must tell you that my experience on a scale of 1 - 10 (was a Zero). Let me explain: Let me begin by complaining about your front desk staff member R'Jeane ** who was nothing but short, rude and unhelpful since the moment I called your hotel to advice her that I was arriving early and wanted to check if a room would be ready by noon.

I also told her that I would be changing my method of payment to a different credit card and to please not charge anything on the credit on file. Not only was she rude on the phone telling me that rooms would not be available at noon but she kept repeating to me, that if we didn't show up by 6pm the credit card on file would be charged. She was completely unresourceful and useless and appeared to simply be repeating your hotel policies about a 6pm charge on the credit cards.

When I arrived in person, she had a very annoying attitude with me, I even asked her for the manager's name and she would not provide it to me. She said she was the only one available to speak to! What is her title by the way? I provided her with the appropriate credit card and told her I would go to my meetings and come back later that day. Due to the busy weekend at UF and around town, we returned back at your hotel approx 9pm. When I arrived at the front desk she was gone and another gentleman was there. I checked in, and proceeded to my room.

When I arrived at my room, the first issue was a NON-working television in the living room area where the sofa bed is. My husband tried a few times to get the TV to work but was unsuccessful. I then went to one of the queen beds to place my stuff and was greeted by BUGS on the sheets. Several lady bugs were sitting on the bed. As I proceeded to the window area, again more BUGS on the curtain. At this point, we are already very annoyed. I start inspecting the room, and there was an infestation of Lady BUGS all over the ceiling, which were flying around.

I immediately called your front desk to report the issues we were having and asked to be moved to another room. Your front desk staff said they could not move us because the hotel was Sold Out for the night. The only thing he did was offer clean sheets, and said he could come to the room to try and get rid of the BUGS and check on the TV. Needless to say I was very upset with Country Inn & Suites by this time. At a rate of $279.00 for that night I could not believe what I was dealing with at 10pm after being tired from driving all day!

I went down to the front desk and told your Staff that this was unacceptable and that I would be cutting my visit short and checking out in the morning, because I had called around to various other hotels and all of them were sold out for that night so we were basically STUCK. The front desk guy (named unknown) went to the room and did what he could to get rid of the BUGS, however needless to say neither myself, my husband nor my son were able to get a good night sleep in that room because we were already annoyed by the whole experience and I could not believe I was paying you $279.00 for a night full of BUGS and NO SLEEP.

The next day I made a reservation at the Hilton by UF (at a cheaper rate) and proceeded to check out of your hotel. When I went down to the front desk, I was again greeted by R'Jeane ** who was back. I told her I was checking out and was very upset over the whole stay and experience. Her response? "So sorry about it, but I will be charging you the one night stay at the same exact rate of $279.00 plus tax and here is your copy of the invoice."

To be honest Mr. **, I can't even believe I am having to write this email to you. I am a frequent traveler not only in Florida, but all over the US. This is by far the WORST hotel experience I have ever had to endure. You need to address this with your corporate office, because as I see it, your front desk staff needs better training, your housekeeping crew is very deficient and the hotel maintenance all around appears to be awful. At a rate of $279.00 per night for a long weekend, YOU and the CORPORATE OFFICE can do much better than this!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I checked into the hotel. By the next day not only was the charge I paid for the hotel taken off 2 extra charges were taken off of my card without my knowledge. Not only was the info pulled up online and I showed proof that it was taken out of my account. They continued to tell me it wasn't taken. It was like I was too stupid to read the info and even after I showed proof they continued to deny it. Not only was I in the hotel with horrible representatives. Loud obnoxious kids running around everywhere, not able to sleep, then I wake up to 2 extra charges on my debit card not authorized by me from your hotel. The Country Inn in Mishawaka Indiana.

I was then kicked out because I wasn't nice enough and ask her to look into the system and if I wasn't asking her to do it I can get kicked out of the hotel. After I spent a horrible night listening to her ** take over the hotel. Nothing was done. None of their kind was kicked out but as soon as I came to them about unauthorized charges that she stated Priceline and the overnight staff took off of my card and everybody tells me it wasn't them. I was treated like I was less because I wasn't **. I still didn't get the info after 2 reps that had something to do with my money being taken didn't want to hear what I had to say. Both tried to kick me out. They sent at least 6 police officers. I didn't threaten anybody 'cause anybody out didn't have weapons but had to sit and listen to the disgusting man that worked Sunday night scream at me and over me after I was told they took my money off of my debit card.

This hotel needs new management new employees or to be shut down completely. Racism and prejudice is very much a part of the Radisson family. The courtyard in Mishawaka shows it. Terrible disrespectful. Undermining liars that expect a ** woman to bow to them as the ** people run the hotel and their untrained wild disrespectful kids do as they please. As the manager already stated he had to put up a no liquor sign because the parents sat around drunk in the lobby while their kids ran through the hotel. I even tried to give assistance. The railing was loose and the right person coming down would fall off of the steps and break it off completely. I get kicked out now. I have to fight for my money back. All three transactions taken off of my card. for one hotel reservation. DISGUSTING!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I booked a reservation here (Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Nashville Airport, TN) and my wife and I was unable to make the date. My wife called a week prior and cancelled the reservation. Well the employee working that day did not cancel our reservation, so in turn I was charged for the room. I contacted the hotel after I seen a charges on my checking account for the stay. I was not billed just once, but twice. The person who took my call that morning was the person who charged my card that night and apologized for charging my card two times and also apologized for the reservation not being cancelled like it was suppose to have been. I was informed to call back around 9 to talk to the manager to get the problem corrected.

I called back at 9 and then was told to call back at 11. This went on two more times before they finally had the manager call me back. The manager was very rude and barely spoke English. I was told they would not refund me for the night, because I had no proof the reservation was cancelled. I was supposed to have received a cancellation email from them. I never received one, because they never cancelled it. That was my fault per the manager. After this situation I was then charged another time for the room. A total of three times for a room I did not even stay at; a total of 600.00 dollars.

This put my checking account in a negative balance and several checks did not go through. Again I contacted the manager and again was very rude and told me it was common to see multiple charges and they were just authorization. They were not authorization and the money came out of my account. I asked to talk to an owner and the manager gave me his phone number. I guess he forgot he already gave it to me. When I asked him about it he stated that the owners do not have an email.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

When we arrived, our time at check in was prolonged by stories about the room we were given. The room had recently been redone because the room had been flooded. As I turned down the covers, several short black hairs were on the sheets. I went downstairs to talk to the desk clerk. I was offered another room. When I returned to the room, my friend was asleep so I chose not to switch rooms. Later, the desk clerk called (I was asleep on top of the bed) and offered to bring me new sheets. I declined as I was sleeping on top of the covers. Room was 80 degrees-HOT! So this was not a problem.

"No compensation due to me because I was offered a new room and new sheets". I made several calls for some sort of compensation and calls were never returned. This motel does not know the reason for traveling or the medical condition of the travelers. I did not wake my friend for many health reasons. On the brighter side- breakfast was great and Marsha was fantastic. She put a bright light on our morning and continued travel.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

First my bottle of mouthwash disappeared, then when I got home I see my phone cord is also gone. I reported this to the manager and they said they went through the camera tapes and found nothing out of the ordinary. Well guess my new LG phone charging cord just walked away. I went directly home after checking out and the phone cord must have jumped out of my suitcase somewhere along the way??? Evidently they have a thief working there. It's the principle not the phone cord!!! I have stayed in motels around the world and in the USA, and never have had a problem with anything disappearing from my room. And 2 items to boot.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Country Inns & Suites Tifton, GA, USA. The process of a walk into arriving at a comfortable and clean room, then enjoy the hot breakfast and allowed to depart after the check-out time was WONDERFUL!!! The staff was friendly, the location was clean and the beds were COMFORTABLE! I would definitely be using this chain of hotels.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

When we arrived at this hotel in Bessemer, Alabama,12/01/2017, the lobby was not clean looking. The host that greeted us was outside on the phone and there were children running in the lobby throwing shoes. Got to our room and it was disgusting. The beds' covers were so old. There were knots in them. Worst part found a BUG in the bed. Should have left then. Made coffee and pouring water in the pot BLACK stuff came to the top. I got it out and show it to the manager the next morning. Also TV wouldn't work. Staff could not fix. Shower rod was loose and about to fall. Will not stay at you hotel again...

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

COUNTRY INN & SUITES POCAHONTAS TRAIL WILLIAMSBURG VA: After experiencing a smelly room, cigarettes and urine, musty odors. Dirty old worn carpet, mattresses & box springs with urine stains. A rude old lady who called herself the asst. mgr. A night shift guy who refused to give me a trash bag. I was nice, put every piece of garbage in a bag, didn't even dirty the cans. Put all dirty bath linens in the tub. Didn't trash the room in the least!!! Here's the catch-I had a service dog. A 13 lb. well-mannered, trained, service animal. Which only ONE staff member welcomed.

The hotel was advertised as a 3??? I offered no complaints. Its stench would not pass a 1??? rating. And the 1973 appearance? Should've had a flashing silhouette of a neon women outside! Anyway-2 days after my departure I find a $50 charge on my VISA. I called & asked the hotel why - they stated they found pee on a towel & they would email me a picture of it. What a farce. 1st I take my baby out, but I have puppy pads just in case. Still no pic BTW... This is criminal. But what can you do when they have your card #???

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

To have made a reservation that I email Booking.com and also call to let them know I had a 2 tire blow out and I can't make it Friday 9/22. Call talk to front desk also. I couldn't believe I was changed Saturday morning 9/23. I called the hotel to speak with the manager 3x only to be lied to and avoided. He was in Traffic all morning before I left home then when I arrived the wasn't available. Charged 199.00.

They wanted an extra 92.00 for us to stay. I didn't have then I called Booking.com. Spoke to Chris. Ask why did I get charged only to him tell, "I will refund you your money so you can take care of your night." Ask to go to Wal-Mart and tried to give him 200.00 on a gift card for him so I ask, "Where am I going to get 200.00. Your partner the hotel took what I had." He screamed at me, "Manage your money." Light bulb moment for me. I was being scammed to pay again for him to acted like they gave me money. I was charged a no show. Had tires blow out. Couldn't make it. Very disappointed in this Booking.com company and Country Inn. NO STARS!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We stayed for 6 nights, no problem. Paid $717. We then booked another 6 nights at $82 or so a night. We found online that the suites were $9-$13 more a night so we called and asked if we could move to a suite at the $9-$13 more a night rate. The front desk lady said she did not know what the manager and us had going on with the rates and they don't go off what’s online because it's personally owned. So about an hour later my wife called the front desk to ask to speak to a manager, "Cheryl **" at the Slidell Louisiana Location, threatened us to call the cops because she did not want to argue. NO She did not want to do her job.

So we said, “Ok, we are leaving.” As we are packing, the cops showed up and basically "Cheryl **" wasted police time. They blew it off because we did nothing. It was embarrassing and rude of Ms. Cheryl **. This is the first review. I will be contacting the BBB and the Corporate office next. BEWARE OF COUNTRY INN!! Just read all these reviews on here. They are not False!!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Room a/c thermostat showing 80 degrees since arrival. Given a fan, then a second fan. Our second room (another family member), a/c was cooling, but air in room too moist. Toilet about to overflow. Carpet feels lumpy. Staff courteous, apologetic, says no rooms available.

Original review: May 24, 2017

We loved this hotel. The room we had was huge and one of the cleanest I have been in. The beds were very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were very clean and not too small. The staff were very helpful, quick and efficient. The breakfast was great with a variety to choose from. We only wished we had more time to enjoy it more.

Resolution response: April 16, 2017

Have since received the refund we asked for. Also have notice that their listings appearing on travel websites no longer advertise 2 bedrooms. Thank you

Original review: April 7, 2017

We booked this hotel through a travel website. Our booking described a 2 bedroom suite. Upon check-in, we were given 1 room. Front desk informed us that 2 bedrooms is equivalent to 2 beds in 1 room. If that was clear, we would not have spent over $150 on 1 room. If I was looking for a house and the listing said 2 bedrooms, I would be expecting 2 separate rooms, not 2 beds in 1 room. We are currently seeking to get half of what we paid refunded. We feel this is reasonable because we were too tired to negotiate and did use the 1 room. Hoping to get this resolved soon. Called 3 times and not able to speak to a manager yet.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Made reservations back in November 2016 for our honeymoon in March 2017. Called and was advised late check-in was OK per someone is always there. Called 2 days before our wedding and was told again late check-in was OK. I told the woman we had to drive over 5 hours to get there. Wedding Day March 18 2017 comes and we leave for the honeymoon only to get held up in Orlando traffic. We got to the hotel around 12:30 am and was told our reservations were cancelled. The man at the front desk could not advise who cancelled and when I was speaking with the man, he made me move aside to help another guest. So we drove 6 hours from Ft. Myers FL to St Augustine only to be told our reservations canceled, along with being treated very rudely.

We went to several other hotels who were booked up and no vacancies. We stopped at a Hilton. The woman there was so nice and helped us find a room for the night. So needless to say, we finally got checked into another hotel around 2 am Sunday morning. We were later told by another hotel that Country Inn was famous for overbooking and giving reserved rooms away. I should say though thank you Country Inn and Suites because at the time I thought you ruined our honeymoon but you saved us money by staying at another hotel!

Original review: March 12, 2017

On the CountryInns.com site, the only rate displayed is the "Advanced Purchase" option without mention that it is a non-refundable rate, until the confirmation email is sent. Operator at the 888.288.8889 number refused to change to the higher refundable rate even though I called within minutes of receiving the email. I asked for the supervisor. They just put me on hold and ignored me for over 20 min all the while playing an annoying jingle that I was an important call. The gall!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

No hot water. I booked 3 rooms for 3 days, paid extra for in room jacuzzis. Every evening no hot water was available for showers or jacuzzis. Hair dryer took 3 days to replace. Manager acknowledge and apologized for lack of hot water and refused to credit more than 30 dollars. Corporate could care less. Will never stay at a Country Inns or any of their affiliates.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

When I knew I was going to be coming to Amarillo, Texas for at least an 8 week visit that was paid for by my company, I did an online search to find hotels that had wired ethernet connections in the rooms. I was assured that the rooms indeed did have wired ethernet, so I had my company book a stay for 8 weeks. Upon arriving to the room and initiating a connection to the internet, I discover that the Wifi was fully operational, but that there was no connectivity via ethernet. I placed a call to the front desk, and the girl there in all her wisdom stated that no one else was having problems with WiFi and that if I wanted to, I could bring my computer down to the front desk to receive assistance with connecting.

I then responded, "I was not referring to Wifi, I was referring to Cable Ethernet connection," and then this receptionist responded with, "You don't have to be so rude, I am just trying to help". (She couldn't understand my initial question regarding "Ethernet cable connection as opposed to Wifi". I said I would try again, and after 15 minutes of futility, I called back to the front desk to ask for a number for Customer support, to which she responded, "I don't know of a number to customer support". I then said, “There has to be customer support available if you have Internet capability, so can you check to locate a number for customer support?” She said she would try and get back to me.

Ten minutes later she called back to give me a number which I immediately called. I was then shocked when I heard the person at the other end of the line say to me that they did not offer technical support to individual rooms, and that the only way they could respond would be if the hotel called to say there was a widespread outage. I hung up the phone in disbelief, thinking that I had to be dreaming that I had been transported to a 3rd world country where they were just discovering the internet. I was in total shock and disbelief, to say the least.

I then called back to the front desk to relay what I had been told and she said there was nothing she could do about it, that no one had ever required help with connection to the internet using ethernet. I said that it was rather amazing that the hotel could advertise themselves as offering the internet via ethernet without offering tech support for troubleshooting issues as they arose. She very abruptly said there was nothing she was going to do about it and began issuing a tirade against me like I have ever heard from a hotel employee in my whole life. I said, "You know what, your attitude sucks, and you are in the wrong job. I am going to register a serious complaint, so what is the name of the General Manager?" She said she was the General Manager, and I said, " No, you could not be the General Manager, who is it?”

With still a bit of reluctance, she gave me the name of the General Manager, with whom I will have a face to face confrontation with on Monday, December 19th. I am also planning to call Corporate Headquarters in Minnesota and register the biggest complaint I have ever registered against any hotel. Further spreading of the experience I have had will continue on TripAdvisor and other Websites, as many as I can find.

The person with whom I dealt has the name of Trish. At the very outset at the point of registration, I detected an immense amount of defensiveness and abruptness that I have never ever in my whole life of staying at hotels seen in any person in her position. It makes me think she has to be related to someone in the company, since no one in their right mind would ever have a person with such a psychiatric aberration being in a position such as this.

I let the first incident go by since I was tired from having driven for 2 days, but when this thing came up with the internet, the bats truly did ascend from hell and the entire situation has definitely caused me to not ever as long as I live make another reservation at this place. If you all that are reading this, do yourself a favor and find another place. You would get better service at a place like Motel 6 or Sleep Inns; perhaps their employees have not just been released from the nearest Psychiatric Hospital.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Was told due to hot water in hotel not working would get discount. Then the next day they said it smelled like smoke in the room which I don't smoke and charged me 193$ more dollars. Never stay there again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

We will NEVER book another room with Country Inn and Suites in Eagan Minnesota. I booked their suite for two nights because we needed the extra room since there was six of us. When we got there they had us in a small room with two tiny beds. When I told them they messed up they told us the suite was full the first night but could move us the next night and give us a discount since we had to repack all our stuff and take it with us to the mall and recheck in and unpack the next day.

When I went down the next morning to clear things up they refused the discount the night clerk promised and wanted to charge me full price of the suite for two nights even though we just stayed a night in the tiny room. They could clearly see when I made the reservation that I booked for 3 adults and 3 teens. But told me I had only booked a double. When I told them I couldn't have done that, with so many people it's not allowed, they told me it was perfectly legal to have 6 adults in a double bedroom. We ended up having to find another hotel for the second night.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

On 11/12/2016 I was at the Williamsburg Va Country Inn for a work related trip. I got in and quickly changed and headed out for business, leaving all my belongings on the 1 bed in my bag. I returned about 10:30 exhausted fell asleep only to be woken up with the feeling of things crawling on me. I got up to use the restroom and my right side of my body (arm, legs, neck) was itching so I stumbled back to bed sleepy not thinking much of it as I go to get in bed I see more than a dozen bugs some extremely small others large. I freaked and called my husband frantically as I was trying to kill all of them, some got away others were so full of my blood they had sucked I suppose they were much slower.

I then called the front desk and the man that answered said very rudely "So what do you want me to do about it, you want a different room?" I said "not if there will be more bugs" when he stated "well I can't say there won't be." When I went to get another room I get to the desk and the man said nothing, so I said I'm the one that just got woken to bed bugs, he then typed on the computer and threw the new key card across the counter and went back to the room behind the counter, did not even say 1 word to me, nothing no sorry. I have since called corporate who promised I would hear from manager and escalations within 24hrs, it has now been well over that and not 1 call.

Meanwhile I have massive welts that that itch like nothing I have ever been bitten by all of my stuff is in garbage bags outside of my house for fear that I will bring them into my home. Country Inn and Suites does not care that my shoes, luggage, cosmetics, clothing are sitting outside or that I'm itching and having the embarrassment of these massive welts that are visible on my neck and arms. They do not care that most of my cosmetics and very expensive skincare products are probably ruined from being out in the cold as I cannot risk their bed bugs hitchhiking into my home, they can hide in the smallest of crevices and lay eggs. This has been a nightmare and I would not wish this to happen to anyone else.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I booked a room for a week for a business trip in the Merrillville IN location. I stayed approximately 5 hrs, woke up around 2:15 am covered in bed bugs. I was to receive credit for the stay but my credit card was still charged for the one night being there. When calling the hotel manager was very rude and don't want to speak to me about the issue!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

Left my truck in the parking lot and my side window was busted, paint damaged and my contents stolen. Total damage $3000. I was told originally that they have security but that was a lie and they claim no responsibility. Other guests were also broken in. When I call the manager at the location of Houston Intercontinental Airport on JFK Blvd Houston, Tx manager Jack ** to get an update on the police investigation he does not even have the courtesy to return calls.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

We were evicted from our hotel room based on the error of the hotel. My husband and I check into the Country Inn and Suites located on 24555 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124-1731. We drove from Chicago because my husband had to conduct business in Windsor Canada. We checked in at 4AM. PRIOR to our checked in, we called the hotel to ensure that we can check in at that time and it wouldn't be a problem. We were checking in from Tuesday August 23rd to Wednesday August 24th. After speaking with the Night Front Desk Clerk which was quite rude, she assured me that it would be considered 1 night.

Now I've never stayed at a Country Inn before. Typically I do the Hilton Brand of hotels. But I was highly disappointed. First and foremost, the rude service at front desk. Secondly, 2 housekeepers stormed into my room after having a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door and I was speaking to clients via phone. Then around 8pm, I get a call from ** the manager stating that I need to make payment. I was shocked. I explained to him that the front desk clerk ensured me that this would be considered one night. He claimed that actually after 6am is when it's considered the next day. I stated that this was not my problem because I was told by an employee that I paid until the next day and if I had known, my husband and I would have waited 2 hours in the lobby until 6am.

I've never had an issue with a hotel regarding early check-in as long as I let the clerk know beforehand. Hence the reason why we called before and told it was okay. So ** the manager started to harass us by calling the room every 10 minutes. I then asked to speak to his manager **. He refused to give me her information and then finally after my husband insisted, he gives us her card. Then he calls shortly after stating he spoke to her and we have to pay. I asked him if I can speak to ** myself and he refused and hung up the phone. The he called back and threatened to call the police if we did pay. I still refused because I wanted to speak to the general manager because the information we were given was not correct.

20 minutes later, we hear 3 police at our room door. We invited them in and filled out a Police Report. After I explained what was going on, the police agreed this was horrible customer service and suggested I follow up in a civil matter. They couldn't believe that we were being thrown out over an employee in ability to relay the correct information to customer. We left and check into the Holiday Inn Express right next to the hotel. I am still in shock about how this was handled. I travel for a living and stay 2-3 hotels a week. This was my first and last stay at Country Inn and Suites. My husband is a Nurse and I'm a Human Resources Manager and Employment Lawyer. We are 2 professionals, never been in any trouble with the law and to know we were evicted from a hotel because the manager refused to see that this was a error on their end was appalling. I need for this to be investigated ASAP. Incident # **.

Country Inns & Suites Company Information