1.48/5

64 Country Inns & Suites Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 8, 2019

The Country Inn and Suites in Albany, GA provided poor customer service. There were so many problems that I experienced, but the one that sticks out is the TV did not work and when I complained, management tried to blame me. Additionally, the price was increased because of an HBCU event. I will never stay there again and I would not recommend that hotel to anyone.

Original review: May 20, 2019

This happened at the location in Oklahoma City on Northwest Expressway. I checked in on a Thursday night and went straight to bed. On Friday morning I wanted to take a shower. No hot water... And I let it run for quite a while. Went to the front desk and told them. They sent a maintenance guy up who ran the water more. I had warmish water for about 4 minutes and then it went cold. Oh Well... I was leaving early Saturday morning. Friday night I learned that my morning flight was cancelled. I wanted a hot shower but couldn't get any hot water. Went back down to the front desk. (The phone in my room didn't work. I also reported that on Friday morning).

The front desk clerk came up and couldn't get any hot water. I told him I just wanted to go to bed... I was kinda mess with missed flights, lost luggage, etc... and just wanted a shower and sleep. Then a knock on the door. Another guy, kinda stinky who also had to check the water. He couldn't get hot water either but blamed it on hard minerals. I didn't really care why I didn't have hot water I just wanted a shower. I just wanted him to leave. Then before 8am there was a knock on my door. The 1st guy was back. I told him he couldn't come in. If 3 hotel employees couldn't get hot water from the shower it wasn't there and I was tired of having men in my hotel room.

I called the 1-800 customer service number because I wasn't getting any help from hotel staff. I called them the 1st time and got a service center in the Philippines. A supervisor was supposed to call me back. 2 hours later, no call. Then I called again. I told them if I didn't hear back from supervisor I would file a Better Business Bureau report. 2 days later I have not received a call. They are also not a member of the Better Business Bureau.

Also, the remote in my room would not change channels or volume up. I took that down to the desk on Friday morning. They gave me a different remote. Later that night when I returned to my hotel room the previous remote was back. Besides the fact that the up buttons wouldn't work the paint was rubbed off on both of those buttons. The replacement remote didn't have any paint rubbed off so somebody replaced the no working remote during the day while I had the do not disturb sign on the door. When I check out there was a woman working the desk who finally listened to me and called the manager so I was given a discount. However, would much rather of had a hot shower!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2019

The look of the hotel on the outside and lobby are deceiving. Very clean and inviting... Then you walk into your room. Found nail clippings on the floor next to the bed, mold and mildew and rust around and in the tub, hairs on the floor of the bathroom. The curtain over the window was stained.

Original review: April 4, 2019

There are 4 of us staying at this motel in Raleigh North Carolina. We came back after being gone all day to a room that was not cleaned again for the third time and we stopped at the front desk and told the clerk we were leaving as it was 11 o'clock to please have our room clean. We are on vacation so the do not disturb sign is on the door until 11 am and upon returning nothing had been touched for the second day in a row.

Upon telling the second shift clerk Cathy that our room had not been cleaned again she got rude and told us we could just leave and was very rude. "What happened to the customer is always right" as I had asked her the night before and she was rude then, did not offer to have anyone come and clean bring towels or empty trash so I asked her if they would at least empty the trash. Today after calling corporate they are in here now to clean the room, mind you she never offered to have this done for us. Love the hotel but the clerk has to go way too rude. We will not be back to this hotel since they employ such rude people.

Original review: April 2, 2019

This company is claiming for 5-star property but I got damaged room during my vacation to Bali. Now this company is blaming me to choose that particular hotel. They are not even refunding my full amount. Now I am suffering to get the refund from them my membership amount is 1,30,000/- Service offered on table. - They agree to provide us Bali trip of 2 days which is coming in their voucher 2 nights but we ask for 4 night trip in the month of Feb and they agreed. That voucher offered air tickets as well so they agreed for 4 nights Bali trip with air tickets and some other vouchers as well. They also offered refund in one week if service is unsatisfied without telling T&C.

We finalize the deal on 1,60,000/- with 0% EMI 3500 per month EMI. We settle down but at the time of payment they swap 1,30,000/- full amount by saying, "We waive off your 30,000/- from your membership as will get more percentage of interest from bank on EMI but you will get less interest from bank." According to them 30,000 is the interest which we paid to the bank but that is not true. When I check with bank about EMI the interest amount was 60,000 with 3,500/- per month. After singing their membership they provide one paper. No T&C written on it only voucher and package mentioned. They got closed and we called that executive who handle the deal with us and ask for our trip arrangement.

From there whole story starts, they start telling us the rules. They said, "You can opt our service after 21 days of membership." After lots of fight they agreed for the trip and again they denied for air tickets. They said, "We cannot arrange tickets so early. Please book your tickets and we will provide you the hotels." They have damaged hotel in their list and we choose that hotel by seen pictures only. After coming back we address the whole thing to the company. They again offered me Bali trip. After lots of discussion and fight they agree to refund me with T&C which was not mentioned during the agreement. They are deducting my 46,600/- from 1,30,000/- and I am not agree. I am not pay for bad service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Inns & Suites?

Original review: March 3, 2019

We usually stay at Country Inns & Suites. We went to Grand Forks ND. We were in the pool area, floor had no grip (was plain smooth concrete). I witnessed at least a dozen people slip and fall. I ended up falling myself, I injured my left arm. Management just blew me off. I plan on legal action.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Pathetic service and hospitality by Country Inn & Suites Sohna Road, Gurgaon. Booked a lifetime event of my brother's marriage on 26 Jan 2019 and paid full amount in advance against the booking. We were told and committed a class service by the Sales Manager during the sales pitch however arrangements made at the day was absolutely a third class service and nowhere was a standard of Country Inn & Suites as an International Brand.

We asked the Operation Manager to open the dinner buffet at 9:00 PM and the staff asked us to wait for 15 minutes before they could open the buffet which we agreed and asked our guests to wait. Duty Manager opened the buffet at 9:15 PM and by 9:45 PM it is frustrating and disappointing to write that all service containers were empty and nobody at the duty was even looking at it. There were dirty plates all around the table because none of the waiters were at the duty and looked like as if it was just the buffet opening as their primary responsibility.

At 10:30 our guests started making complaints of non-availability of food and Hotel staff was not even taking the ownership of the mess. They kept on telling, "We are in process of filling the stuff back." However nothing happened. I reached out to the Duty Manager and he again committed 10 minutes to get everything sorted out. However he disappeared from the venue. I again contacted the front desk and asked for someone senior and I contacted the Operations Manager this time. He again asked for 10 minutes to look into the matter and assured to get things sorted out however in this whole process my guests waited for 30-45 minutes with empty plates in hand, no bowls, no breads, nothing to eat, no water bottles etc... My guests had to left without food and it was really an embarrassing moment for the entire family. All I hear from the staff was a sorry!!

Amidst all of this ** hospitality the staff even had the courage to say that it was just a mess for 5 minutes and it keeps happening at such big events. My question to the whole staff and team would be if this is the service that they commit to provide then they have no right to call themselves as a class-service provider because a "C" Class Hotel or Vendor is quite capable of providing a better service than what Country Inn & Suites have provided to us.

The story does not end here because after the event I contacted the staff almost 5-6 times to discuss and get me an apology letter for ruining my event for which none of the staff member agreed and even did not show any interest in resolving the matter. I have the video recordings and the voice recordings of the discussion with multiple staff members at the event night. I reached out to the GM as well for his intervention in this matter however he also seems to be irresponsible and not ready for any kind of discussion. Every time I heard from him was "I am out of city and will talk" which never happened. Sales Manager:- Ms. **. Operation Manager: Mr. Ajit **. Operation General Manager: Mr. Anil **.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I am not sure whether to be more upset with the lack of customer care I received from the management at Country Inn and Suites, Tunnel Road location in Asheville NC or Hotels.com for their terrible and misleading cancellation confirmation policy. I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Country Inn and Suites Tunnel Road location through Hotels.com. I was given one confirmation number for this entire reservation. When our travel plans changed, I canceled the reservation and immediately received a confirmation saying my reservation was cancelled. NOT partially canceled but cancelled. I have since found out that if you book two rooms, even if you are given ONE confirmation number, Hotels.com says you have to actually cancel each room separately. Who would have thought?

We actually stayed at this hotel one day later than originally planned, so imagine my surprise when I got charged an additional charge for a no show. After disputing the charge thru my credit card company, Country Inn and Suites said their charge was legitimate as a no-show. I called the hotel several times to try to figure out what went amiss, but apparently they value getting their money more than working with a customer who did actually stay at their hotel and who did her due diligence to cancel the reservation.

I explained what happened to many front desk staff at the Country Inn and Suites, finally asking to speak with the manager, Chris. He was never available when I called nor has he returned my calls. Needless to say, I am disappointed in this hotel’s customer care and Hotels.com. So, beware, if you book more than one room at a hotel that this could happen to you. The upsetting part is that, because I actually did stay there, the hotel could care less as there has been no consideration for my dilemma.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Somebody stole our credit card information. Thankfully our credit union contacted us of fraudulent charges. Otherwise the hotel was really nice, and clean. I wish we would have had a chance to use the pool.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Country Inns & Suites has the kindest, helpful, responsive and attentive staff. Freshly baked cookies wonderful touch. Dining room person, Tara, was super kind and helpful to guests who have special needs; that is customer service. Thank you.

Country Inns & Suites Company Information