Country Inns & Suites

• 12%
  • 24%
  • 46%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Inns & Suites?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Inns & Suites?

Reviewed April 6, 2024

Stayed at Country Inn in Iowa next to Diamond Jo Casino. We were rudely awaken by housekeeping banging on the door at 9AM. When shared our concerns asked to see their policy, the lady at the front desk rudely said, “We have the right to knock on doors as long as it’s 9AM. We don’t know when people check out. All you had to do was let housekeeping know you were in the room. We can’t control when you came in.” We will never stay again. We do NOT recommend this location!

Verified purchase

Reviewed March 13, 2024

My stay at Country Inn & Suites, Airport, Columbus Airport (CMH): Overall, the room was clean, comfortable, however, every floor was filled with ** smoke, 24/7. I was told that this was a non smoking facility. There were a lot of children exposed to the smoke. Also, towels were of very poor quality and no tissues. Customer service was mediocre at best. Will not stay here again and will not recommend.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2023

Worst hotel experience we’ve EVER had! Booked hotel a month in advance for 12/21-12/24. Emailed the hotel through booking.com and told them our flight would be coming in late on 12/21 (after midnight), we have stayed here before and sent emails to the hotel about specific requests and they’ve always responded. But for some reason, after I flight was delayed, an accident on the freeway, and in route to the hotel, we received notification that our booking was canceled at 1:30 AM, when we arrived at 1:36 AM, we spent almost 3 hours in the lobby while the front desk clerk, David tried to say that it was Booking.com that canceled it and Booking.com says it was Country in that cancelled it, and they could not reverse the cancellation, but said they could rebook us at a higher rate. At this point we were so tired and just wanted to go to sleep. Our room was originally $441 for the stay and they charged us $589 (which included $100 deposit).

At 4:07 AM we got into our room, just got our bags undone and sat down on the couch. Fell asleep then at 6 AM I got a notification that the hotel charged another $100.00. We called down to the front desk and ask why they were charging another hundred dollars and the rude & unprofessional person at the desk, Aracely said, "I don’t know what the charges for. I didn’t charge you." I said, "Well you need to tell me what the charge is for" and she hung up on me. We went down to the front desk and asked again and again, she said “I already told you I didn’t charge you.” And I said “you need to figure it out because you can’t just keep charging my card” and she said “I’m not dealing with you. You just need to leave.” I told her, "We’d be happy to leave. Just refund my money" and she said, "No, you just need to leave" instead of trying to find out why we were charged…so unprofessional (and by the way, she said she was the manager).

At that point, we called the police and decided to leave and dispute the charges. After we left the hotel, I received another $256 charge and 45 minutes later, another $146, totaling almost $900 in charges. After spending almost 3 hours in the lobby and barely an hour in a room we never slept in and were in less than 2hours, I refuse to pay this hotel one dime for the treatment we received and extremely rude & unprofessional manager that we had to deal with. SHE SHOULD BE FIRED! We have disputed ALL Charges and strongly recommend you don’t stay at this hotel! We went to Best Western, where we were met with professional and kind people which is how all hotels should be. I hope I sharing this experience that it helps others.

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2023

I had an emergency and couldn't stay the last night! I tried canceling and was told after 11 hours of waiting for a reply that I didn’t cancel within 24 hours so I wasn't getting a refund. My sister was brought to the hospital. She has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I was dismissed by the manager Jennifer ** and Expedia said the hotel would take care of it.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2023

I have used the hotel on many occasions, the last time I called they would not shuttle us without extra charge so they sent us over to the Comfort Inn in Cedar Rapids, they shuttled us to the airport but when we got back my call was routed to the Country Inn, they said they would be five minutes, I had to call again, the Country Inn van said he would not take us to the Comfort Inn right next door, I call again, she says she didn’t have to help us at all that it was a one time courtesy, not one apology for the mess up, the driver should not be allowed with people's lives, he ran the stop sign, speeding and had no intention of lifting a finger with luggage! I will never use these hotels again and you can be sure I’ll share my experience $.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

My and my friend stayed at this hotel for a second time. The first time was very pleasant had a great experience not issues. I checked in without any problems. He arrived after me, came in and got to the room with no issues. This time around on our second stay was much different. I came in checked and no problems. He comes in after me and is harassed by the security guard. He walks in gets an apple, throws something away and proceeds to our room. He is asked by the guard if he has a room, he says yes however he also tells her to get out of here. Because no one else that walked in had been asked that same question. He comes to the room, I let him in, and he is telling me what happened. He tells his side of the story, we laugh it off and start watching a movie. Then there is a knock on the door and someone yells something. I get up and open the door no one is there. I go in the hall and say hello no one answers.

I go back into the room and called the front desk. I let the front door clerk know that someone had knocked on my door, but no one was there when I opened it. He tells me to hold on. A lady gets on the phone and tells me that the male guest in the room must leave “because” or the cops will be called. Also, if he doesn't leave, I will need to also leave the hotel. I asked what the reason for him was having to leave and I was told because security said so. I asked why security needed him to leave and the phone was given to a female security guard. She again repeats that he needs to leave because she believed he called her a “**”. My roommate states that he did not call her a **. The guard then states that she watched on camera that he had a room and which room he went into and then came to was listen at our door. She then thought she heard him say **.

Then she tells her side of the story, that he came in, threw something away. He had water and grabbed an apple as he was on the way to the room, she asked him if he had a room and then she said he mumbled something under his breath. I told her OK I could understand if she thought he called her a ** why she would be upset. She stated if he apologized then it would be done. He got on the phone with her and explained that he did not call her a ** but her apologies if that is what she thought. She explained to him that all he had to do was come to her like a “real **” when she asked if he had a room. He agreed that he should has said it louder and clearer that he had a room however he was offended by being asked. He gives me the phone. I apologized for the inconvenience, and we did not have any issues for the rest of the night.

Fast forward to morning, the last time we stayed we received a text message for a quick checkout. Check out was at 12 and I had to go to work. Being as though I already requested the room for two guests, I left the room and left my male guest there with the key to turn in at checkout. I never received the text message to check out. Ok So I text from him stating that there was another threat to call the cops because he was taking too long to check out of the room. He stated that he overslept and woke about 10 to 15 mins before checkout. He called the front desk to request if it would be possible to get until 12:30 for checkout so that he can take a quick shower. After calling 3 times he never got an answer. And 12 noon someone knocks on the door he asked them if it was ok to have until 12:30 because he was getting in the shower after oversleeping.

These first-person states that it would be ok. He proceeds to take his shower. A few minutes later someone else comes to the door while he is dressing to leave and tells him that if he does not leave, they will be calling the cops. Now, yes, we understand to his fault he overslept and needed a few extra minutes. However, in my experience when this has happened, I was either allotted the extra time or offered an option to purchase the extra time with the card on file. So, he made sure he gathered his things and left.

This was the weirdest, craziest, and a most unpleasant experience I have ever encountered at a hotel. I have stayed at plenty of Comfort suite hotels especially Country Inn and Suites and never encountered such profiling and harassment from something some thought they heard. We understand that security has a job to do however that was a stretch after seeing that he in fact had a room in the hotel from the security cameras. I’m not sure if it's policy to listen at a guest door after you have determined that they do in fact have a room there. Also, it was shown on the reservation that 2 guest were staying in the room. Wish this was a better review.

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

I recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites by Radison in Ontario at Ontario Mills, California. I checked in on August 25th at 11:30 p.m. and was checked into room 203. I fell asleep and woke up at 2:00 a.m. to an ant crawling on me. I went over to check my phone on the nightstand next to the bed and found another ant. After squishing the 2 ants, I found another, then another and another all in my bed again and got up. I went down to the help desk counter, and they switched me rooms. I transferred my belongings to room 210. By the morning, I had gotten up, grab breakfast and picked up my sister, niece, and dad from the airport.

Upon arrival back to the hotel, entering back into my room I found more ants. I then went back down to the help desk, and she switched me rooms, yet again, with the excuse that it is “due to the heat”. I was born and raised in California (same area) for over 21 years and my sister has worked for Terminix and my brother-in-law still works in the pest control industry and has been for over 20 years. Now on a different floor (top 4th) figuring that would be far enough away from the “bugs that just want to get away from the heat”. We now have fruit flies, I killed a spider (and had a web) and... once again… My trash can with a small amount of coffee and a chip bag is covered in ants. I’ve stayed in motels cleaner… Yes, motels. I was disgusted and disappointed.

Manager's response: Hello Tracy, I am so sorry you had a terrible experience; while a guest in our hotel. I have taken note of your concerns, and will review with our cleaning and maintenance staff; in order to prevent this from happening again. Thank you for taking the time to bringing this to my attention.

All the best,
      Yani **
      Hotel General Manager
      Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, at Ontario Mills

Ontario, CA 91764

Reviewed July 11, 2023

Drapes notably shredded. Microwave and fridge did not work. Exercise equipment in gym did not work. Impossible to contact customer service. Calls not returned.

Online complaints ignored. Will not stay here again, even if free.

Reviewed Sept. 7, 2022

I am a corporate don and stayed there and was put in rooms that reeked of dog smell. My sheets was dog smell bad. Housekeeping don’t clean like they should. I got bites on me in the room of bad dog smell. Told manager next morning and she smiled at me and said “Thank You.” This is in Maumee, Ohio. It’s nasty. The staff lie and I filed a complaint with their corporate and called health dept. This place is NASTY! Never will I stay there again.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2022

We booked a King Whirlpool Suite for 2 nights in St. Augustine, FL. There was trash and wet towels though out the hallways. Hot tub was closed by the health dept and was disgusting. Whirlpool was not cleaned properly. The temperature on the 3rd floor in the hallway was 80 degrees. Cleaning staff almost non-existent. Night guy locked the front door and disengaged the keypad. Nobody even asked about our stay upon check out. Nobody at that hotel seemed to care about the customer. I spoke to the manager, he just offered excuses. We paid way too much money for what we got. When I called back to customer service at Radisson 800 number didn't care about it either. The guy said that we didn't pay for the amenities, so it is not a problem to not get what was advertised.

Country Inns & Suites Company Information