3.0/5 (191 ratings)

About Country Inns & Suites

Country Inns & Suites Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Inns & Suites?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Country Inns & Suites?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Decent older establishment for the money but have roaches. Staff was very nice. Not enough pillows or towels though. When I complained about the roaches the Manager said it wasn't their first experience with roaches.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

My experience there was crazy I checked in and was not told no maid service. I was told the same day. Later on I had to request it. I requested towels for each day. Did I get them as requested. No. I had to go down and get them. I had huge piles of dirty towels. When I checked out I accidentally left closed unopened packages of candy there. I realized it and called two hours after I left and was told it was thrown out and then I was hung up on.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I'm originally from Salinas, California. On March 31st, My Mom passed away due to an auto accident, but because of the Covid restrictions, we weren't able to be there. So on August 5th, closer to her own birthday, We decided to drive down and do a Celebration of Life. On that Saturday, We stayed at the Country Inns & Suites by Radisson in Monterey. On their website, they were next to the beach and the rooms looked amazing. Once we were there, We saw dozens of security guards that were surrounding the hotel. We had my Mother-in-Law, with me, so I asked for something on the first floor.

The staff told me no, all they had was the 3rd floor. Everything else was booked. What they failed to mention was that it was filled by homeless people that were both in hotel rooms & sleeping in their cars. Upon contacting them on Facebook, They repeatedly promised I would receive a refund. It has now been almost over a month, and all I still receive are excuses. If it wasn't for my Mom passing, I would've never been in California during a pandemic. I have no problem that they were housing homeless people there, I have a problem that I paid $153 for a room that was disgusting and at no time, did I feel safe.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I was given a room next to the elevator, after getting ready to sleep. About every 3-5 minutes loud humming noise from wall. Ended up being the elevator, they told me I got the last room. Not much sleep or rest dealing with the noise from elevator, around 9 am the house keeping is cleaning and vacuums are going off. I went to check out. Told the clerk they need a new elevator or get it fixed. She tells me, "Oh yeah. We hear that all the time," then fix it or don't give out any rooms. I went to get coffee. About 200 feet from elevator you can hear it there also. Terrible stay at this location, usually we love staying at Country Inn.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I was accused of smoking in my room. I was told I had to pay a $ 250.00 smoking fee or be escorted out by the Police! Not only was there no proof of this, but the desk clerk lied and said they had proof and a another residence called about smoke. I ask for the proof. She told me she would call the police if I didn't sign the paper to pay them the $ 250.00 in the middle of the night and I'm visiting from out of town! They also keep my hotel deposit!!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The manager tried to convince me that the 2 bedroom suite I reserved was actually the 2 Queen bed room we were given. I checked in, put our things in the room and left right away to pick my Mom up from the funeral that we were in town for. Upon returning my sister who actually made the reservation noticed it wasnt the 2 room suite. I called the front desk and she said, "The manager said after 2 hours you can't change rooms." When I informed her it had been almost 1 and 1/2 hours since I checked in she changed it to 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. When I spoke via phone to the manager I asked for the number to speak with corporate about the misleading information he had given. He said he would comp the room he put us in, I told him I would prefer to be treated with the respect I have enjoyed at any other hotel.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Skip this Dirty Country Inns & Suites in Charleston West Virginia. Travel quite often and love Country Inns & Suites. Unfortunately, this one is a BIG exception! Reserved 2 rooms. 1 for my handicap parents, 1 for us. In the description and photo for a handicap room, a fully tiled, & handicap bars, no step in shower. Wheelchair accessible. Complete false advertisement. It was a step in tub & I had to screw the seat to the tub to use. Plus, the tub was disgusting and I HAD to scrub the filthy scum off in both rooms before using. Mirrors were dirty with toothpaste spit on it. Dog poo & pee stains on carpet & 2-3 Barking dogs in the room next door. The manager actually (Chris) lied to me & said he would give us a discount for the inconvenience. I discovered he actually charged me more than I paid up front when I checked my records at home.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Bugs on the beds (both of them) and on the curtains in room 125. Moved to room 319 and there was mold all over the curtains. Person at front desk argued about it. Radisson corp is ignoring me outright, so here we go! I wish I could post my pics here.

Original review: June 8, 2019

The Country Inn and Suites in Albany, GA provided poor customer service. There were so many problems that I experienced, but the one that sticks out is the TV did not work and when I complained, management tried to blame me. Additionally, the price was increased because of an HBCU event. I will never stay there again and I would not recommend that hotel to anyone.

Original review: May 20, 2019

This happened at the location in Oklahoma City on Northwest Expressway. I checked in on a Thursday night and went straight to bed. On Friday morning I wanted to take a shower. No hot water... And I let it run for quite a while. Went to the front desk and told them. They sent a maintenance guy up who ran the water more. I had warmish water for about 4 minutes and then it went cold. Oh Well... I was leaving early Saturday morning. Friday night I learned that my morning flight was cancelled. I wanted a hot shower but couldn't get any hot water. Went back down to the front desk. (The phone in my room didn't work. I also reported that on Friday morning).

The front desk clerk came up and couldn't get any hot water. I told him I just wanted to go to bed... I was kinda mess with missed flights, lost luggage, etc... and just wanted a shower and sleep. Then a knock on the door. Another guy, kinda stinky who also had to check the water. He couldn't get hot water either but blamed it on hard minerals. I didn't really care why I didn't have hot water I just wanted a shower. I just wanted him to leave. Then before 8am there was a knock on my door. The 1st guy was back. I told him he couldn't come in. If 3 hotel employees couldn't get hot water from the shower it wasn't there and I was tired of having men in my hotel room.

I called the 1-800 customer service number because I wasn't getting any help from hotel staff. I called them the 1st time and got a service center in the Philippines. A supervisor was supposed to call me back. 2 hours later, no call. Then I called again. I told them if I didn't hear back from supervisor I would file a Better Business Bureau report. 2 days later I have not received a call. They are also not a member of the Better Business Bureau.

Also, the remote in my room would not change channels or volume up. I took that down to the desk on Friday morning. They gave me a different remote. Later that night when I returned to my hotel room the previous remote was back. Besides the fact that the up buttons wouldn't work the paint was rubbed off on both of those buttons. The replacement remote didn't have any paint rubbed off so somebody replaced the no working remote during the day while I had the do not disturb sign on the door. When I check out there was a woman working the desk who finally listened to me and called the manager so I was given a discount. However, would much rather of had a hot shower!

Country Inns & Suites Company Information