2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

3.7/5 (22 ratings)

About CandleWood Suites

CandleWood Suites Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CandleWood Suites?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CandleWood Suites?

Original review: April 12, 2021

We were visiting our daughter and another time we were out of town and wanted a cost efficient hotel and we choose Candlewood. It was clean and the staff were very helpful. Mind you this is Covid-19 time of the year. Would have loved the hot breakfast but understand the situation of Covid.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Very clean and friendly atmosphere. The sheets however were not made of breathable material, the thermostat would reset itself to 75°... so the room was rather hot! And upon leaving, they processed my payment, but called 1 month later and said that it never went through and had to show proof of payment.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2021

The accommodations are spacious, clean, and functional. As a business traveler, it provides safe haven after a long day or week of work. It's like coming home and relaxing. And the rooms are always well. Of course the rooms are clean but they have a sparkle about them that makes one feel like the experience is special. It is a great space stay for extended stay or simply overnight.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I arrived at this location after staying in an overpriced hotel that was being demolished, loudly, during my stay. Mind you this is during pandemic events, and the Front Desk of the CandleWood was prepared with hand sanitizer and a glass shield, they provided touchless service and a room that was exceptionally clean, comfortable and well stocked with a full kitchen, what appeared to be crisp, ironed linens and a bathroom that was spotless. As close as it is to DIA, you can't hear anything from inside the room, it was insulated and very quiet. Because of the cleanliness policy, I felt a sense of security knowing that the cleaning staff paid attention to every detail in the upkeep of the room. Thank you for easing my mind and putting me at ease.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The hotel was very decent and the room were as well. I think now hotels needs to do a more in depth cleaning especially bathroom as well as desk tables phones and definitely any mirrors. This will help keep this virus down and hopefully gone for good in Jesus name.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Always clean rooms, decent staff, reasonable prices. Most have truck parking nearby for us truckers when we need a room and best discounts. Clean swimming pools & hot tub. Access to shuttles & nearby restaurants.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

When the American Cancer Society sent us to Candlewood Suites while my wife was undergoing breast cancer surgery, we knew absolutely nothing about them. We called to personally pay for another day, since we lived out in the Arizona desert and did not want to be hours away from medical help so soon after her surgery. They graciously gave us the same rate charged to ACS, and when we had to go to the ER a day after surgery, they willingly extended our stay and kept the same rate.

Because they provided such a beautiful suite with a fully stocked kitchen, we were able to prepare our own meals- which is important for diabetics on the road. Our diet is strict by necessity. Every person on staff was cheerful and helpful. Our room was kept clean and neat. Even though they cut their price, they did not scrimp on service. We have changed the way we travel. From now on, we'll plan our vacations around Candlewood Suites locations!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I’ve stayed at Candlewood since May. Met a guy here. We were dating. He drank a lot. Was drunk pretty much everyday so I ended it. Last night he came to my room at 11:45 pm pounding on my door like he was trying to knock it down. He then started cussing me out wishing me dead. He then went to elevator and screamed and yelled at me. Lady from front desk came and yelled at him. I was not talking or screaming at him or cussing at him. Found out this am that they will Not my stay because of him. I'm the victim here. I think it's total ** that they are doing this to me since I was the victim. I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER CANDLEWOOD SUITES!!!??

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Fleas in Room 312. We walked into our room and were attacked by a swarm of fleas within 30 seconds. I have taken pictures and of course as time goes on it hurts more and more and the bites become more pronounced. The way the situation was handled could have been much better. We were given of reward, which is obvious that one would do so, but that was it. No apologies from the Manager - Martha, no accommodations etc. These bites start from my butt all down to my feet as you can see in the pictures. I walked the furthest into the room to plug in my laptop and therefore received the most bites. This is absolutely disgusting.

In addition, at check in, we were initially told that there weren't any vacancies. We kindly advised that our reservation began on Aug 15 and we were checking in early morning Aug 16. Doing this would ensure we would have a room available when we arrived after driving 5 hours and 40 min, from Atlanta, to your location. Someone should have checked the room prior to our arrival to ensure that it was habitable.

We are disappointed with how the situation was handled. You can't imagine the amount of burning and itching we have to endure due to this. We have been in correspondence with the hotel and IHG. The responses have been jokes and IHG responded to me regarding bed bugs, when the issue was fleas... So that tells you how much they paid attention to the complaint. I am reaching out to everyone from Corporate on down to those that plan to book a room to let them know about our experience..ESPECIALLY since the response we received from this establishment made it obvious that they could care less.

Original review: July 8, 2019

1. CandleWood at this location overbooked customers, did not secure reservations. by rather gave out reserved rooms to others.

2. CandleWood was unwilling to pay the other hotel who accommodated CandleWood's kicked-out customers.

3. CandleWood was dishonest twice, claiming that their partner hotel "did not want to take our work-letter (i.e. : payment)" so customers had to pay the other hotel on their own. CandleWood also said that the printer did not work so would print the receipt right away. She said "done" with e-mailing the receipt, while we were in the process of checking out. I checked 24 hours later: No, there has been no receipt from CandleWood at all.

CandleWood Suites Company Information