1.21/5
  • 1 star
Based on 72 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Get matched with a great travel agency now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

American Express Travel

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

82 American Express Travel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have had mostly positive experience with American Express over the last 9 years as a card holder. This was however my first time using the travel feature because honestly the price was never the best. I discovered the lowest rate guarantee this time on top of the perks of the gold hotel collection, so a great deal. I read reviews first and was worried to book. I looked over cancellation policy first and felt comfortable booking. Submitted my lowest rate guarantee after I was sure it was a match, and less than a day later I received an email that it was granted and my account will be credited. I usually don't post reviews unless it was awful or superb, but I felt like everyone on here just left angry reviews. Some are legitimate complaints but some also sounded like people upset that they didn't read the terms before they booked or submitted a claim. The experience was easy and went smoothly for me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I was a victim of price gouging plain and simple! I will cancel all my cards with American Express because I do not trust them After this experience. My hotel room was denied when trying to book through AMEX travel and then literally right after I was denied they marked up the price $20 a day and I was trying to book a room for 21 days. I was only getting the runaround when I inquired further. I will never again be a American Express customer, not to mention having to pay $550 a year for a horrible experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 31, 2017

I booked a RT flight and hotel with American Express Travel, instead of booking with my preferred airline and hotel on July 5, 2017 for an emergency trip. Within 24 hours I called the American Express Travel number to cancel. Hold time was over 10 minutes. Finally I was connected with a disgruntled agent. I spoke to her with respect and consideration thinking the 4th of July holiday travels might have had an effect on her demeanor. When I told her I needed to cancel she became irritated and said I would not receive credit for my purchase. I reminded her Delta airlines and most airlines are required to give refunds if canceled within 24 hours, she understood and agreed and confirmed I would receive the airfare refund.

That, did not happened. Billed on my AMEX card after disputing with AMEX. I asked her about the Marriott fees and she informed me no refund. I explained to her as a Marriott Member I have never been charged for an entire reservation if I cancel within 24 hours and that I personally spoken with the Manager at the Marriott in Auburn, Ala and confirmed I would not be charged for the stay. Billed on my AMEX after disputing. So who gets my $1600++? Btw, American Express Travel is not a true travel agent, they book their flights through Orbitz. So I'm still dealing with the company to get my money back. No ticket, no hotel, no money. Don't fall for the American Express Travel as affiliated with AMEX. These are not true Travel Agents.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Since I am an American Express Platinum member, I figured I was in good hands booking travel through Amex Travel. WRONG! I booked 8400.00 in business class tickets through Amex Travel-- When I needed to cancel them I found out they were NON-REFUNDABLE. There is some small print on the folio that says "List-item-policies This ticket may be non-refundable. Please read the airline fare rules and restrictions for more information." But they do not post the web address anywhere you can find it. DON'T BOOK TRAVEL THROUGH THESE PEOPLE. I am considering canceling my account.

Original review: July 2, 2017

We booked 2 nights at the Omni Richmond Hotel. The first night we had to leave due to an emergency. The trip was paid for using points/cash. This morning I spoke with American Express Travel asking to at least get some of my points reinstated. After a run around for 1 hour I closed both of my accounts. Nothing was resolved, the hotel was worthless. We were customers with American Express for years. Never again, and never at Omni Hotel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Express?

Original review: May 2, 2017

American Express Travel is an unlawful company that you can't trust in business. I booked an all inclusive hotel package for kids' spring break through Amex Travel on Feb, after comparing rate with Expedia and other travel websites. It was slightly cheaper, maybe ~$200 for 8 days package and guess I can earn rewards point via Amex card as well. $1991.60 was charged on my Amex card on Feb25th, but didn't receive any confirmation. I can still see my travel booking on Amex Travel website. Felt ok. Received a brief email confirmation on April 9th.

Arrived at Mexico hotel on April 16th, and they wouldn't allow me to check in and asked to pay extra $1500 for two kids which were already included in my booking. I told the hotel and they kept saying booking shows two infants while my kids are 5 and 12. Had to call Amex Travel and they insisted on their record showing two infants ages 0 and 0. After waiting in the lobby for over 2 hrs while kids were hungry, I had no choice but paying whatever they are going to charge me additional $1186.10 (so called discounted rate for kids). Mood of my whole family for vacation was kind of ruined then... By the time I checked in, we already wasted whole afternoon waiting and making international phone calls...

By then, I realized it was a trap set up by Amex Travel agent, don't know specific who handles it or who scheme is like this, to lure customer book through them and not sending confirmation with no details after they can't freely cancel their reservation. And then while they arrive, hotel charges additional fees with arrangement with Amex Travel beforehand. Called Amex credit card for 2 hrs 5 time to dispute this morning, they kept saying it is internal so transfer my call to Amex Travel, but I was let waiting on phone for over 1 hr without talking to anyone after a person learned my case!!! Such an awful company and I will never book anything with Amex Travel and will definitely send this review as many place as I can so people are alerted with them.

Original review: April 9, 2017

I tried to book a flight through AmEx Travel three times on the same day, maybe more. I received an "Internal Error" message each time. The message also explained that my order could not be processed, so I gave up on the flight. After a 4hr. nap, I received a flight confirmation. How, when my request could not be processed? I called to cancel the flight, and the AmEx Travel rep informed me that the flight was canceled. I went on with my life.

A month later I was charged for the same amount for the same flight. Fast forward another month and 10 representatives later, I found out I was charged twice for the same flight. I disputed the transaction TWICE, but AmEx rebilled me for the flight both times. I decided to pay the balance and close the account. I had to pay $420 for their website's technicality. I will never open another account nor will I recommend AmEx to anyone. Their travel website is terrible, and their customer service reps lack the brains to realize that I was charged for the same flight on the same day for the same amount of passengers during a time that their website malfunctioned. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 28, 2017

A good reason NOT to use American Express travel is that they do not follow American Express policies that protect and assist you with the best advice with purchases and finances. They do not follow a 21st century MO (as in the card division) which is to exchange information in a fast expedient manner by the use of a CHAT service. They prefer that you use their website, thereby taking yet another step to separate you from a personalized service.

When you book a trip they do not warn or protect you from predator airlines that have no change or refund policies with lengthy layover trips. They don’t look for the shortest routes and competitive fares. They don’t go to bat for you and weigh your patronage using their card by looking at how they can bargain with an airline as their bank to fight for what is fair for a valued customer. In fact that do not treat you as a valued customer. My inclination after speaking to other friends who have used their services and my 3 experiences where they clearly sold me a fare that I could have found on my own for a better rate directly from the airlines at the last minute. Unlike the Card division that calls you back when they say they will they do not follow up.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I booked a trip using my air miles for 4 people 1500 air miles which is 1500 dollars. They booked me on Frontier Airlines... Only to find out when we flew that seats were 29 dollars... We had to pay 45 dollars for our seats and another 130 dollars for our luggage, which would not be bad if we didn't only paid 25 dollars. This whole trip cost us 2200. They lost my husband's luggage. On return trip did not have a wheelchair ready for me. We haven't traveled in so long. This was terrible.

Original review: March 19, 2017

When booking my flight with American Express I was led to believe that I was in very good hands with your executive and she steered me in the wrong direction. I booked the wrong flight and when I tried to change it I was told they would be a $200 change fee and no matter who I spoke to and I devoted almost an entire day to correcting the city I was told over and over again that this was an airline issue and they could not waive the fee. I will never ever use your company again and I'm thinking very carefully about changing to a different credit card.

Original review: March 19, 2017

Decided to book two flights using the Amex travel site. The latter was acting erratically, so gave up and finally called an Amex agent to help. The flight was a red eye, checking in on one day but departing the next day after midnight. I was very clear about all the details. Come the day of departure, I learn that the agent had booked me for the wrong date and the flight had already departed. I was flying cross country for major surgery so had a very set itinerary. Amex got a supervisor who was able to book another flight, but it didn't jive with all the itinerary details, PLUS I had to pay much more money! All this was the last thing I needed to go through headed into major surgery.

In addition, my return flight, also eventually booked thru an Amex agent, was done with the add-on Global Shield insurance. Buying the ticket online wouldn't allow me to buy the insurance at the same time. A problem because unless that was done that way, I wouldn't have any coverage if I cancelled for medical reasons. So I had to cancel the ticket and re-purchase everything thru an Amex agent as well as the insurance add-on. I followed up with other Amex & Global Shield that I had the insurance coverage w/medical provision. Fast forward, I had to change my return and thinking I had the insurance, bought a new ticket, there not being any seats on another flight for the same airline.

I later, while recovering, put in a claim with Global Shield (which had assured me I had the medical coverage). After four months, they denied me claiming I hadn't bought the insurance at the same time as the ticket. They claimed they searched for all the phone calls (I'd written down the dates & agent names) but "couldn't find them." How convenient. Also, the charges later show up on my statement as two different dates. These crooks just make things up. Am filing a complaint with Calif. insurance dept. for such shady practices. I'm truly appalled at Amex and what seedy service they're dishing out along with crooked partners.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Booked 3 airline tickets with our reward points through AMEX Travel. Chose dates, SEATS and location and booked out over 6 weeks in advance. The day before, I found out that even though you choose seats on the site, they kick them out and you go in without seat assignment. I will never trust the AMEX Travel site again. Go directly to the source, i.e. Delta.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I found someone's wallet this morning with an American Express card. I contacted American Express so that they can contact the customer and give my contact information to the customer. So, that he can retrieved his wallet. I was told by American Express customer representative, I should cut up the card and that's all they can do. I went ahead and call Chase bank his other credit lender. They were nice enough to reach out to the customer and provided him with the information, so that he can get back his wallet. I think that was very unprofessional. What happened to providing excellent customer service? P.S. Closing my card.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

We rented a car with our AMEX card that included rental car protection. We rejected the insurance from the rental car company as required by AMEX. We returned the car with minor damage (scrapes & scratches), and were charged $1500 USD. We filed a claim with AMEX, after a while AMEX closed the claim because the rental car company did not reply to their requests. We contacted the rental car company they said they never received anything from AMEX. We have tried to contact AMEX again, to have them resend the request, or at least help us and the rental car company locate the request. AMEX does not reply to us with anything more than what looks like a computer generated mail saying they are still waiting for the rental car company response. I hate to think about the consequences of relying on AMEX rental car protection in a more serious collision.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I travel constantly and Amex has been a way that I can bring a colleague in business class and maintain flexibility using the International Airline Program. It used to be a great tool. At some point, I can't identify when, the program changed and the class of ticket was lowered. The flexibility became seriously restricted with Emirates and I no longer was able to change in a reasonably flexible class of service. Just spoke with the sixth person today from Dubai - no calls back, nobody can help, everyone needs to call the rate desk but doesn't call me back, nobody cares, everyone is totally decentralized, Iowa, Georgia, etc etc. No dedicated help. Amex travel is useless - I can't even describe the frustration of what it has become. As soon as I get home from my trip I will cancel my card. FYI I spend about $200,000 a year on business travel. They don't value me...

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Amex Travel claims to charge no hotel booking fees for platinum members yet when I booked there was a lump "taxes and fees" charge that was about 4% higher than booking at the hotel and other travel sites such as Expedia and Orbitz. After 3 hours on the phone with various folks (mostly waiting on hold) no one could still explain the difference. We even called the hotel directly and they confirmed there was a difference in the fee yet Amex could not explain what it was for. Ridiculous. Trying to sneak fees in - watch out.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

They hit you w/ triple points used for flying - don't use them there. Hotel bookings are nearly impossible. Also busy working put on hold too long - hung up. They should STOP sending travel HOTEL COLLECTIONS BOOK - if it's impossible to book.

Original review: July 24, 2016

Do not book your travel plans with American Express. We used our points to book an all inclusive vacation. It was a nightmare. We were stuck at the airport in Mexico. They did not send our reservation to the hotel. We had no shuttle to get to the resort. Use other travel agencies. We called them many times and their response; "sorry for your inconvenience".

Original review: July 20, 2016

AMEX Credit Card and the Travel Insurance are a complete scam. My rental car was broken into while on vacation. They wouldn't cover anything. Zilch. I'm talking about $8000 worth of stuff and they wouldn't even cover purchases that were on the AMEX Credit Card. I would sue them but they are based out of Arizona and the most you can claim in small claims court is $500. Are you kidding me? And we wonder why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. AMEX is a fraud. Everything about their business is a fraud.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I submitted a claim for my recent hotel reservation for my American Express. Since their Lowest Rate Guaranteed policy states to match lowest rate for another website. I was told by a customer service representative to do it. The claim was denied because their policy is only for refundable hotels... First of all their representative needs more training when it come to company policies and not to tell lies. Second, I will never use AmEx Travel for any other reservations. Booking.com have better deals and I don't have to deal with Orbitz, the AmEx third party travel agent. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NO KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR AGREEMENTS. Thank you.

Original review: July 4, 2016

I had called the American Express Membership Rewards people last Thursday to arrange a point/miles transfer to Lufthansa for a business class ticket one way I want for November from New York thru Frankfurt on to Lisbon. I had 55000 points in the account and needed 5300 to give to Lufthansa. Amex Membership Rewards do not have an agreement with Lufthansa so the lady I spoke with (once I finally got through to a human) suggested I transfer the points to Hilton Honors where I would get 1500 points credited to my HHonors account for every 1000 Membership Rewards. She did stress that once the points were transferred they could not be re-deposited into the Membership Rewards program. I transferred 55000 points and received 82500 HHonors points.

I then call Hilton Honors and ask about those points to Lufthansa and she tells me yes - takes 30 days - and they transfer points in units of 10000 for every 1000 airline miles, so after doing the math Hilton would give me 80000 points and I would only have 8000 miles to give Lufthansa for my ticket. I then asked the Hilton lady how many points I need for a two stay at their hotel in Barbados in November and she told me 50000 per night. Does this not seem right or almost a ripoff? I have been trying to get Amex to contact Hilton to get the points credited back to account since last Thursday and they tell me it's impossible and to contact Hilton.

When I asked for an Amex to call me back I was told that they cannot make long distance calls - I'm a Platinum card holder and live in Bermuda and have been a member since 1990. The frustrating thing is that it is next to impossible to contact an English speaking person to sort this out for me and now all I want to is pay off my existing statement and transfer whatever miles I still have in Membership Rewards to American Airlines, cut up the card and send it to American Express. Ditto with the Hilton Honors card.

Original review: June 2, 2016

I have just unwound charges to my American Express by the American Express Travel. The credits were due to duplicate travel insurance. The site does not tell you all the hidden charges. They will add when you book their "cheaper" rates. The airplane that I scheduled was dropped and a new airplane ticket had to be arranged. Guess what? All the charges were replaced. This is the first time I ever used points. The points are not worth it.

Original review: April 23, 2016

I finally decided to use my Green Amex Card points by booking a hotel in Mexico through American Express Travel online. The one time I didn't think I needed to check with the hotel before my cousin and I arrived, we get there AT NIGHT and HAVE NO RESERVATIONS AT ALL. The hotel advised they could accommodate us for a couple of nights but not for the full 5 night stay scheduled. The agent and supervisor that night advised that Amex Travel made the reservations through Orbitz... Yes that's right Orbitz! I don't use online discount travel sites. Amex Travel offered no calls to any hotels in the area, no referrals to any hotel reservation managers, no vouchers for another hotel... nothing. You'd see on the commercials that makes you feel like "Membership has its privileges"... just - ... "you can make other reservations while we refund you for these"... like I'm going to trust them again!

The next morning while I was in the hotel business center, on hold with the Amex Travel supervisor, I overheard the hotel reservation manager clearly say, in English, that they do not interface with the Orbitz system. When the Amex Travel supervisor came back on the line with me, she told me "... I don't know why the hotel lost the reservation". Other Amex Travel supervisors tried to blame the error on the hotel with stereotypical assumptions saying "small hotels lose FAXes". THIS IS A LARGE HOTEL. Upon trying to get compensation above the charges refunded, I've gotten the run around by agents that don't seem to really understand English, A FAX number to a Customer Service Analyst Unit that apparently was read by an automated search engine that misinterpreted it as a dispute against the hotel under my other Amex SkyMiles card that wasn't involved.

The hotel was more than charming and accommodating. Hotel Real de Minas Tradicional, QRO, MX - beautiful place !! - who repeatedly made efforts to find rooms for the 5 nights for me and my cousin traveling with me... so I have no dispute against them. I think it is shameful that a 3rd party was used for my reservation and that they cannot properly process my request or comprehend the concept of compensation above and beyond the $100 travel voucher (for future use) offered. They think can make up for the trauma we experienced in a foreign country, at night with no reservations to be found. Two $500 Amex gift cards for myself and cousin is the level of compensation I am looking for.

Original review: April 11, 2016

AMEX really dropped the ball. Many other companies don't require you to prepay, but AMEX Travel does. I booked my hotel stay through AMEX Travel because I had faith in their lowest rate guarantee. Unfortunately, after I booked my hotel they decided to change the terms of their lowest rate guarantee and refused to honor a lower rate from the hotel's own website. They stated they no longer price match all-inclusive hotels. So now I missed out on a sale because AMEX already had my money and refused to honor the terms of our agreement because they changed the terms after taking my money. Disgusting.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

Have been a long term AMEX customer and accumulated a lot of points. For my honeymoon, we decided to cash on the points, and I tried to book flights to Belize on AMEX travel's very glitchy system. At one point it sent me back to the beginning to start over. Finally, it worked, the flights were booked, but as I tried to pay with points there was another system error and a message saying I had to call AMEX. The way AMEX pay with points works is that they charge your credit card the full amount and then later refund it and remove their points; therefore, it's very dangerous when things go wrong. They charge your card first and foremost.

I called in after receiving the message (and having spent 45 frustrating minutes on their glitchy site) and spoke with an agent who told me his computer was down. He rebooted, and it still didn't work, and after being on the phone with him for 30 minutes, he informed me the whole system was down for all employees and I needed to call back the next day. I told him just to cancel my flights. This was the week of my wedding and I wasn't going to be able to call back at their convenience the following day. He apologized profusely and told me he canceled the flights. By federal law airlines have to cancel flights for free within 24 hours of booking.

I logged back in several days later and saw that I had, indeed, been charged for the 180,000 points. When I called AMEX, the agent told me the flight had been booked twice, four minutes apart, due to a glitch in their system. The agent I spoke with the night of the booking had only seen one of the flight bookings and therefore only canceled one. They spoke with the airline who refused to cancel/refund the booking, since it was an AMEX error, not an American Airlines error. And then when I pushed back, the AMEX agent told me she would look into it and try to get a favorable resolution. Several days later they sent me an email saying they were not going to resolve the situation and that it was not their fault that their own system booked the flights twice. Now there is an $1800 charge on my Amex Platinum that I am supposed to pay this month, all caused by AMEX Travel's glitchy website and agents.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

After being with Green Dot for years and them fighting me in 260 unauthorized transactions, I have been searching for something better. I called Bluebird because the reviews are 5 stars on every review. One guy called to dispute a 60 charge and they put it back in his account while he was on the phone. They should look at the customer's history. I've never had an issue and then back to back and they cost me everything, my apartment and everything in it. I called Bluebird to ask questions and they are so nice, they are knowledgeable and they were appalled at all the transactions, especially 188 in one day. Take your business there. He also assured me that they will never block your purchases without contacting you. I didn't know Green Dot did that. I can't take the chance that I get to a register and my card is blocked and I certainly can't wait for weeks for a refund check.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

I used AMEX Platinum Department to make a pre-cruise hotel reservation in November 2014 and cancelled the reservation that I re-booked with them. In April I again cancelled the reservation to accommodate my son's request to book with them. AMEX Travel Department failed to cancel any of the reservations and failed to notify me that they had not booked the reservations. The hotel charged my account for 3 reservations that they claimed I had not cancelled. AMEX Travel Department refused to accept the responsibility for the failure to cancel the reservation(s) and insisted it was my mistake and my responsibility despite my having emails with 2 cancellation reference numbers.

I have tried since May 2015 to dispute, but they denied and insisted I must pay the full charge. I would strongly caution anyone about using AMEX Travel services and am cancelling the American Express Platinum Card I have had since 1996. I have never experience the level of incompetence and lack of accountability for poor service. I only regret that I had not reviewed AMEX Travel complaints prior to making the reservations.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

Booked a travel package/flight early this year for myself and my ex boyfriend. Boyfriend had some medical issues, needed surgery around the time of the trip so I called AMEX travel to determine my options surrounding transferring the ticket to someone else. I called 3 times, spoke with 3 different agents about a week before the trip to determine the options, how to proceed BEFORE cancelling the flight. The final suggestion, and the one that was easiest for me, was to send the request to cancel the flight to the airlines (flight was $637, cancel fee was $115, so refund amount was $522), which I did. I purchased a new ticket for another companion to go. I spoke with the airline the day of the departure as I hadn't received any confirmation that they received the request, they confirmed they received my request and I was told it takes several weeks for processing, if I don't hear back to follow up.

Over a month later of not hearing anything, I called AMEX to get the insurance plan refund squared away, and inquired about the flight refund. I was told to call the airline. I called the airline (Copa Air), waited an hour only to be told to call Amex Travel. I called back to Amex travel only to be told to call the airline. I spoke with an Amex Travel supervisor, Jim, who would look into it - I had to go to funeral and couldn't stay on the line. Jim called me back a few days later, left me a muffled voicemail which I couldn't understand but figured he was giving me good news as just around that same day I had received the refund of the insurance plan as requested.

3 weeks later I still didn't have the flight refund so I called AMEX and spoke with Jim, who proceeded to tell me that I needed to furnish medical documentation (that was the info he left me on the call 3 weeks earlier - which was completely my fault, I should have called him back if I couldn't understand what he said on the message. I agree with this point, I just ASSUMED it was resolved considering I had received the travel insurance refund. Poor assumption). I explained that I was not informed that I needed to provide medical documentation during any of the 3 calls I had made prior to cancelling the flight. I asked Jim to pull the calls and confirm that AMEX never told me to submit medical documentation when explaining to me how to request a refund. Jim informed me he would pull the call, that it takes a couple days and would follow up.

It's been two weeks, I have not heard from Jim. I called and spoke with another supervisor who didn't see a call pulled and would pass it on to Jim to follow up. To date, I paid over $600 for this ticket in May 2015, didn't use the flight, cancelled it per how AMEX instructed to receive a refund (minus processing fees) and have not received a refund, a flight voucher, nothing. This is stealing. It is not my problem their employees don't know their own policies and are obligated to refund my flight. I won't drop this, but recommend not using AMEX travel or purchasing a Copa flight.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

My wife and I booked a return flight from Victoria to Manila via Vancouver Airport (YVR). My wife's booking coming back is a connecting flight but on my flight they booked Vancouver to Victoria on the next night which is not a connecting flight. AMEX will not budge on the mistake and now want $169 extra to book the Vancouver to Victoria flight on the proper date. Their travel services are awful. I have informed them that we will never book through AMEX travel services again and I am so mad. I will return the AMEX cards to Scotia. What ever happened to customer service? No wonder AMEX is losing customers with service like this.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

Yesterday I called to inquire about using my points towards a plane ticket to Paris. The gal helping me quoted me prices for first class, and told me how much my points would bring off the total. I checked the prices online with Delta, and they were in line with Delta prices. Spoke with husband that night, and we decided to purchase today. I call back today and I am informed that I would save 39$ if I went online and booked, but booking online was going to be a 10$ charge as well. (I'm thinking, what the heck for?) I explain that my husband already has his ticket, and I want to be sure I'm on the same flight. He says he can walk me through it.

We get to the page with prices, and they are economy, which were the same as Delta economy. But when I change the search to 1st class, they are $2500-$3000 MORE than Delta. What the heck? I ask what the problem is, and explain that the gal I spoke with yesterday quoted me the same prices as Delta.com. He has no explanation and says he's sorry... then silence. I finally say I would like to speak to someone else. He gives me the travel rewards department, and she says to me, "We will allow you this one time, ONE TIME instance for the life of the account, to book with Delta, and we will credit you back your points on your statement." Her tone was unfriendly, as though I was the one with the problem. All I can think is, on what planet does she think it's right to not only charge a fee to book a reservation when NO ONE ELSE charges a fee to book a reservation, and on top of it, add a 2500$ extra charge to the ticket?

I have been an AMEX customer for 30 some odd years. I have always liked the services they offer, but this is the biggest turnoff since I was 20 something and my bank told me they were going to start charging a fee to customers for each deposit. I left them, of course. I will never use their Travel booking again, and use the points for something else, if I don't leave them all together.

American Express Travel Company Information