Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

American Express Travel
3.41/5

American Express Travel

116 American Express Travel Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 6, 2019

Been trying for 2 days to get a flight change re-booked. Yesterday I spent 1.5 hrs on the phone, my calls were dropped 3 times, eventually I got the changes booked. Received no email booking confirmation or new Trip ID as promised. Went online to their portal, no new booking noted. Now just spent 44 minutes trying to contact the Service Excellence department, only to have my call dropped once again. How is it possible that we have to endure this level on service, it's just inexcusable that clients are treated like this.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I am somewhat saddened to see so much negativity in these reviews. I work for an Amex agency owner who is hands down the most knowledgeable agent I have ever met. She goes so far out of her way to help Amex customers. My advice to all these naysayers is to call an agency in the Amex system - not Amex. Some of the Amex phone agents actually call us when they don't know what to do. Our store-front is in Rehoboth Beach, DE and I'm proud to be associated with them.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We are canceling our Platinum Cards because the travel website is full of glitches. I have called and complained several times but the problems are never addressed. We have accumulated close to 400,000 points and have not been able to use them because the site is so inefficient. Leaving and going back to VISA.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I've been a platinum holder for years. I like to book via Amex travel to get 5x points. I booked a vacation package for the first time, and last minute 5 days before the trip) I was not able to go anymore. I've currently been on the phone with them for over two hours because: You're not able to cancel online (on the hotel/flight). They said the tickets are non-refundable, but this was stated nowhere in booking or the policies. And when going to the flight carrier site (Aer Lingus), it says the ticket was booked via Amex so they can't share more about the details of that flight.

For the hotel, they said it's non-refundable - but on the hotel website it says it is as long as it's 48 hours before the check-in time??? They said in booking you should be able to see the type of flight/hotel (non-refundable status). I took screenshots and replicated the process which DOES NOT include it. When I said that they escalated to a supervisor. Now on the phone with the supervisor, they said did I read through all the policies - which I said yes, and I have screenshots. Now they're saying well it's subject to the vendors...but this information wasn't shared up front, and I can't access it either for the hotel or airline on the sites because it was booked third party. This whole thing is unacceptable and poor service. If you're thinking of getting a vacation package - DO NOT GET IT. Go elsewhere or book direct!

Original review: March 21, 2019

DO NOT USE AMEX CORP TRAVEL!! Where do I begin... So many issues in a few weeks of being a new Travel Manager in a New Company! Here is only one incident of many. This long but worth the time to read. 4 days into my new and exciting position I was given a reservation that needed to be changed, okay how hard can this be? The reservation was booked through AMEX, I called and spoke to an agent after giving all my information and I felt like I was going to have to give them my first born before I could make a change. I suppose this is good security. But I am on the Administrator on the account and my info should be good enough.

I let the agent know that I am new and have not done international travel in a lot of years and that this reservation is for international and I need to change the return flight from JFK on 3/6 to go to China-Shenzhen from Seoul Korea on 3/6. Keep in mind I did remind him again I do not have experience with this. The agent tells me that there is no direct flight to Shenzhen and it would take 3 flights to get there, as he was letting me know I was on instant message with the VP telling her this info. Well she got a little annoyed. I did not make any changes at that time. Then the VP messages me and told me there is a direct flight that will take 4 hours and gives me the details to book. Why did he not know that?

The next day I need to call again for this same reservation but now I need to add on her return from Shenzhen to JFK on Sat 3/9 and I inform this agent I am new and he says no worries. The agent lets me know that there is no direct to JFK so he gave me information for when she wanted to depart at 6:00 pm, he gives me information for Air China to Beijing arriving at 9:10 pm, then depart on Air China at 10:25 pm arrive JFK at 6:00 am on 3/10. It is now the middle of the night in China so I agree and book the flight. I see the itinerary and it looked fine. She is departing from Shenzhen to Beijing, the JFK on Sun 3.10. My mistake was not reading the flight details from Beijing to JFK.

Three days before the flight is to leave the VP asks me why she is in Beijing for 24 hours. I panic and check the reservation and call AMEX, the agent puts me on hold after I explain what happened and ask why the Agent never told me, the new agent informs me that Air China does not fly to JFK on Sat!!! Are you serious and the agent did not think to tell me that and look for another flight!!! Again I take part of the blame since I did not read it I just glanced at it. Now the VP is very angry with me, this is the 2nd time I give wrong info to her that was provided to me from the agent. I call AMEX and they have me on hold for 30 minutes and then they are rude and disconnect me, I call again and now cancel and book another flight.

While I am sending the VP the information and apologizing in my email, she messages me she needs a hotel where her colleagues are staying in Shenzhen, I call AMEX and ask to add to reservation saying she is flying in and I would like to book her in a certain hotel. I am now told that it is sold out!!! I ask him to call the hotel, he puts me on hold for 40 minutes! I hang up, call again and I am told there is no reservation person answering the phone!!

Now she is about to land and will be on her way to the hotel she requested, he gives me another hotel in the same district (walking distance) & it looked nice so I reserved it in case there was a chance they would sell out too. I text her the new hotel info and she sends me another email showing there are plenty of rooms available!!! OMG I can't win with AMEX and I look like a total idiot and the VP does not want to hear the BS that happened, now I might to get fired. I call AMEX to speak to someone about my experience and I am on hold for 45 minutes before being disconnected 5 times!!!

As of today I had to call my boss and explain what had been happening and taking ownership in my part but it has been a crazy nightmare working with this group. Our company was small (100 employees) so there was not much travel and the person who did originally sign the contract is no longer here and we are growing quickly. Our contract has not been resigned since 10/2015, they just renew without speaking to anyone. Again I have left several messages and I still can't seem to get any help on the contract. The fees are ridiculous as well. I am now trying to find out how to get out of the contract and find a better company.

After reading so many complaints I feel better that it is not just me experiencing issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Express?

Original review: March 20, 2019

I'm a Platinum member for many years so my comments are based on booking over 100K of travel every year. Both hotels and airfare are always higher booking through Amex travel. Amex books all its hotels through Expedia and you will always get more room choices, better room information and lower prices booking through Expedia. In fact, Amex deletes most photos showing hotel and rooms on their site so you must go to Expedia or Hotels to get the full number of room choices and images of individual rooms. Amex Travel customer service is almost non existent when you have an issue with an existing booking or with trying to get a specific room type or room option available on every other booking site on the web.

Additionally, their agents on the phone are very inexperienced. My greatest frustration with Amex travel is the many ways they try to cheat the customer out of the bonuses they heavily promote. As a plat member, you get SPG Plat membership but since Amex books through a third party, Expedia, you never get the points. The 5X bonus points Platinum members get is not available if you call them and they don't tell you this when you speak to them. This is infuriating because on a recent $4,000 booking for a hotel in Hong Kong, the Amex site said call this number to check availability.

The entire range of rooms at the Ritz Carlton Kowloon was available on every on-line travel agency except Amex travel. Recently I booked the same room for about $1,000 less with breakfast included, an option not even available on Amex Travel. To sum up my experience with Amex Travel, if you want to pay more, get bad customer service, these are the guys for you.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Called to try and make a modification to a flight. Was met with nonchalant attitude and the representative hung up on me. Guess platinum status means nothing. Will not be booking through American Express Travel anymore.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Save yourself much grief and book online direct or with a reputable agency. I have been a Platinum Card Member since 1977. Means absolutely nothing in the end as they simply took my money all those years. Recently used Amex Travel online to book business class tickets for two on China Southern. (It was a weekend and China Southern only answers phones weekdays in the USA.) I called China Southern on following Monday to book my seats and add loyalty #'s which Amex Travel did not have capability on-line. China Southern advised me that this was an Amex travel agency booking, they were paid a commission, and I had to call them!

After three attempts calling Amex travel (dropped calls, wrong dept., transfers, long hold times), I was advised seats are between the airline and me...they have nothing to do with it. I called again and said I wished to cancel but the Amex agent put me on hold and called China Southern for me. She obtained the seats and put in my loyalty numbers just like that. Last week I received a schedule change from Amex Travel via email but the only change was seats now unassigned and incorrect loyalty numbers entered.

Once again I called China Southern but to no avail (I did not book direct by phone or on-line) so I tried Amex Travel again: two wrong depts., three dropped calls, a long wait time, and a callback and I got the most unhelpful agent in the history of travel agents. It took him over ten minutes (no lie) to get my platinum card number, security code, telephone, mother’s maiden name, # of family members on card, and email address! (Has Amex Travel ever heard of a profile? What a joke!). He misquoted city codes on my itinerary and did not even know who China Southern was! My loyalty to American Express is now over. It's just not worth the aggravation. I will do it myself or use a well know customer service agency like Frosch Travel and truly cares about customers that have done business with them for 40+ years and not spend 10-minutes profiling Platinum card members and then say they can be of no help at all in the first place!!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I am an AmEx Platinum cardholder and I tried the Amex Platinum travel service thinking that my premium status would get me better service. That did not turn out to be true. What I liked at first was the discounts they provided on international business class tickets. As a big agency, they have access to consolidator fares in business class that are often 15-20% lower than the fares offered directly by airlines or on Expedia and Travelocity. Since some of these tickets cost $5000 to $10,000, this is real money.

We were planning a trip for February, 2019. Because of the smooth experiences, I had in booking international business class tickets. And because of the possibility of accessing an agent on the phone during a possible weather delay, I decided to book the air tickets for this family vacation (to Central America) with Amex Platinum Travel. The booking process was smooth enough though not cheap ($39 per ticket). Rebooking one of the flights 10 days before the trip also went smoothly.

What did NOT go smoothly and actually made our trip less enjoyable was attempting to rebook another one of the flights just as the trip was beginning. We were in the middle of our outbound journey, on a layover at an airport in Florida, and the flight we were rebooking was for the return journey 6 days later, so it was not as if I wanted to change the flights on the same day. It simply became a customer service nightmare to make this one change. There were at least 6 critical errors in booking flights and dealing with this customer that I counted over the next two days.

Bottom line was, Amex Travel was unable to navigate the simple process of changing a flight with JetBlue; unable to recognize that my status on JetBlue entitles me to free changes (they charged me $200 per ticket to change); and unable to get the tickets authorized without multiple long phone calls with, yes, long holds, all DURING our time in the Central American jungle.

They promised at the end to refund our multiple $200 change fees. They have not done so yet, a week later. But they did NOT make a manager available to listen to our complaints in detail, let alone do anything about them. They seemed not to care at all that their own procedures were not working and that they had made my vacation less enjoyable. All they wanted to do was wait for me to be finished with my justified criticisms so they could get me off the phone and make money on the next customer. I find this inexcusable, which is why I am never booking a vacation with them again.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Sat March 9, 2019 - 10:17 am. I tried to call and cancel my trip way in advance and agent was not able to successfully cancel it. Every time I call, for some reason, the call gets dropped. Around 5th time I called, the agent promised to call me back. She didnt. I also purchased travel protection thinking if I get had to cancel, I will get full refund, no I had to pay 200$ travel fee for cancellation. Bye Amex. You suck.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Please do not book flights through Amex Travel. Book with the airline directly. Amex Travel has poor customer service, more fees and is unable to fix issues. I am

currently at the airport with a ticket issued through Amex that they cannot fix even though I called numerous times to make sure it was fixed. Every time you call there is a long wait and they need 10 minutes to verify identity and then can’t help. They won’t give any information about the department that can help as they say it's internal. Do NOT book flights through them. The airline can’t help if they booked the ticket. I would give 0 stars. I have been Amex member for 20 years and customer Service has gone way down.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

As Amex cardholder wanna tell Amex has a lot good services and people! Amex travel is still undeveloped part Amex company! Pricing is very high and not competitive, rewards points unreasonable. Not affordable, but they also sell product called Amex assurance travel insurance who scam members and don't honor travel claims! Watch out. Amex selling you travel policy, which stating everything covered. Trip cancel, trip interruption etc, and then week after you will receive actual policy on 26 pages, saying nothing covered!? It is illegal sell insurance and read policy week after! I made several complaints Amex travel online, and they refused to assist, saying they never heard about this company, and they sell it right on Amex.Com!? Merry Christmas!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The date was saved, alarms set, bags packed. I arrive at the airport later than planned but still in time for check in, security, etc. When I have my ID over to the front desk I find that my reservation doesn't exist. "We can see that you had a seat but the reservation was canceled." I visit the American Express Travel site to see at the top of this particular trip a message of, "this trip has been canceled." How? By who? Certainly not me. The charge is still there in my account. No amount of benefits is worth situations like this. A purchase made and charged for were canceled, without my knowledge or permission, yet I was still charged. HOW?!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

You have a Gold Card and are encouraged through the marketing to utilise the Amex Travel services? So when the airline replace your expensive business seats with economy service, is it unreasonable to expect your travel agent Amex Travel to intervene on your behalf to obtain a reasonable service? No just get an email to inform you of the changes! Service what service? Begin the long drawn out process of repeated phone calls and emails to obtain a refund? Emails stating they had forgot to respond to the airline? No apology and follow up? Why would you choose to use this for any travel services!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I recently completed a vacation with my family. This trip included American Airline flights I purchased thru Amex Travel. When I made the airline reservations, I reserved seats, or at least I thought I did. I have been a frequent traveler for over 40 years and never experienced what I did on this trip. I went to the airport, DCA, on 3 Nov. When I went to check in, my reserved seats had been changed and my wife and I were no longer sitting together.

My wife will not fly unless we are sitting together, so the only seats now that were available cost me over $180 for us to sit together. I thought this would only be a one time problem, but when we arrived at Miami airport after the cruise we were on, I had the same issues, this time seats together cost me over $116. I decided to contact American and Amex Travel to discuss my frustration of being ripped off and almost doubling my ticket costs with baggage fees and having my reserved seats being changed.

I went on the Amex Travel website and had a chat with a gentleman named Clarence. He told me in the chat that the reserve seats I booked through Amex Travel were not actually guaranteed. Why would I take the time to book with Amex Travel, trying to save money, and get better service, if my reserved seats are not guaranteed. The purpose of me booking with Amex Travel was the confidence that I was getting the best price and the best service. It looks as if I received neither. This is very very disturbing. I would like an explanation of why I should not have reserved seats when I make the reservation and why I should use Amex Travel if my fight is going to end up costing me almost double.

Clarence said he could not help me and he gave me the email address to the Amex Travel Supervisors. He told me to email them and someone would respond to deal with this. So far I have sent three emails to the supervisors in box, with no answer. If this is true, that reserved seats are not guaranteed, this should be published so no one will use Amex Travel. I know if this is case, I will broadcast this on every social media site I can, as this is horrible service. I use my American Express card everywhere. Getting ripped off of almost $400 may make me think again about using American Express and also American Express Travel.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have a round trip credit from a flight I canceled less than a year ago. I have called four times thus far to attempt to book the flight before this credit expires. Every time I have called it results with my call being transferred to several different agents. The duration of each call has lasted 30 plus minutes and I end up having to end the conversation and call back when I have time to stay on hold no matter how long this simple request will take. I have made three more calls since the first and each time transferred to a multitude of call agents and eventually connected with a supervisor who contradicted the "book by" and "travel by" expiration dates the previous agents stated.

I asked to speak to the supervisor's manager only to be refused and eventually hung up on. Now they are supposedly pulling the past recorded calls to see what I was told from the previous agents and then someone will return my call. I will be contacting the president of American Express Travel as soon as I finish this complaint. I am appalled this outfit actually carries the name American Express.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have now had 2 horrible experiences with American Express Travel and trying to use my points. The people who work there are the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with. Trying to transfer points to pay for a hotel and they can't do it. Can't find the charge (I am looking at it on my computer while speaking to them). Asked to speak to supervisor and put on hold forever. Over an hour and still not able to simply get my points transferred. It is a shame American Express has such a terrible travel points service. It makes me want to get a card with another company with better points service.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We are coming up to 5 hours trying to get a problem solved. Renee, one of their Customer Care Specialists was the most inept out of all we spoke with. Asked for her last name & her supervisor's name and she is unable to share that info - surprise! Eric, also a Customer Care Specialist, told us he straightened out our seat assignments and we would get a confirmation email shortly. SURPRISE, never got that email and found out he never made the changes.

These were expensive tickets $8,000 + (after points!) and we lost our assigned seats & to top it off, were never informed about it. The right hand didn’t know what the left hand was doing and they certainly weren’t helpful. We travel frequently and always book our own travel but wanted to use points to take care of some of the cost, therefore using American Express Travel. I would have paid the full amount to not have this aggravation. Do yourself a favor and don’t use this poor service provider. If you have to and you get Renee or Eric, hang up & try again later.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I bought this trip months ago, bought a travel waiver and used it because I had a flu so I rebooked 2 weeks prior. I wanted to leave to Cancun. My sister passed away. My reservation was Aug 11 to 28. My sister passed on the 3rd and was scheduled for viewing for 12 to 12 burial 13. I called on the 3 and wanted to reschedule. They said no. I called again asking for reconsideration and said he will call back. Never did. Tried to call again today. Said no. Again just wanted to meet half way maybe partial credit. I paid almost 900. I want to give them lower than 1 star. Terrible customer service.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I booked travel with AMEX for the first (and last) time. When my flight was delayed, I could not get a hold of anyone for over 30 minutes on hold; and finally gave up. Once I returned home, I tried again. It was worse. The agents place you on hold for so long that I actually waited to see - it was over one hour on death hold and STILL no one picks up. When I finally get an agent (only when you press new booking) the agent: Brandon tells me: "You need to speak with a Service Excellence Manager and they are not available for at least 45 minutes and more likely 2-3 hours and you CANNOT hang up. We must have you hold." This is a true story. Service excellence? Hilarious! They ask for your contact number; but then tell you they cannot call you back. They do not have enough agents, and do not care. The first and last time I will ever use my platinum membership to book a trip. Very disappointing as AMEX is usually better than this.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Expect to wait on hold a minimum of 30 minutes for each call to travel support. Expect, once you reach them, to then be placed on 2-3 additional holds of at least 30 minutes. Do not expect anyone on the other line of travel services to be able to look up your details, travel information, etc. I booked a trip to Tokyo for $1172 using miles and had to cancel. They banked the credit and four months later they rebooked a trip to Seattle for $400 out of the credit plus $300 change fee. The agent told me to expect the refund of ~$460 to be credited to my card.

Never happened. I spent multiple commutes home on hold waiting to explain the situation. Each agent had no record of any of my flights. They said there were "thousands of agents" and shouldn't be expected to know what other agents said. I was told I could talk to a manager if I waited for 2 hours on hold, so I did. Somehow she had access to all my information and informed me she wasn't responsible for what other agents promised, and she will have to recall the phone tape to verify the conversation. At that point, they would consider some level of repayment, but she could not make promises. She will call me in 72 hours to give me an update on their investigation. Investigation? This is NOT what I anticipated when I signed up to pay $200 a year in service fees. Save yourself time and money.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I am an Amex Platinum customer (Not for long). We were buying tickets for family vacation with points earned patiently over the last 5 years. The lady on phone could not help as there is a per ticket charge to use her but was kind enough to walk me through. After hitting purchase it took a while may 5 odd mins after which we got an error message. The CSR on phone went and got the permission to allow to use her service without having the extra fee. When she checked the cost per ticket had gone up. Stating clearly the error was due to the fact that the airline was re-valuing the tickets. We decided to abandon that and bought tickets from Priceline. Guess what? The transaction did go through and we were not sent any emails for notifying us due to which we bought another set of tickets.

After waiting for 4 hours on wait for a supervisor and I am not exaggerating we were told we will listen to the call recording that we provided them and do keystroke analysis. A couple weeks later after sending in a couple of emails later we get a response that we cannot do anything about this. It is an obvious error on their system which will now cost me 200 per ticket date. I am going to cancel all my Amex cards, I know that is not going to bother them at all but at least no more business from me going forward, users beware.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I've now had two experiences in which Amex Travel for Platinum Members misled me with lower prices on their website. I rented a car through their travel services to be picked up in Downtown Denver and dropped off at the Denver International Airport. Amex's website showed the price as $43.99 for a midsize SUV, which I booked. Once I got the confirmation, it showed the drop off location as Los Angeles Airport, with a different pick-up location in Denver. Assuming I made a mistake, I cancelled the reservation and started again, only for the issue to occur again.

I called Amex, was on hold for 30 minutes and gave up. Called back a few hours later, and same issue. Called a different customer service number the day after, finally got through but had to go through different people, spent about 45 minutes on the phone only for Amex to tell me that even though THEIR website was messing up, they would not honor the price. A similar issue happened a few weeks back when I tried to book a flight to Italy. The website showed a lower price, but once I got to the final page it nearly doubled. Calling American Express was no help at all. With all of these issues, I will not be recommended the Platinum card and will shift to a new card -- Chase Sapphire has been much better in terms of customer service.

Original review: April 27, 2018

American Express Travel is a typical airline credit card. Minimal benefits for the cardholder and maximum benefits for the airline and/or credit card company, if you don't pay it off every month.

Original review: April 22, 2018

As another poster stated, the ONLY reason to ever use AMEX travel is for points, and that is what I did. On March 13, 2018 I purchased a plane ticket from AMEX travel from Pittsburgh to Beijing. Purchasing this ticket on the AMEX website took almost two hours due to due issues caused by the AMEX servers. After trying to put my trip through a few times and noticing the seat I chose was now sold, it appeared that my purchase of the ticket for $450 had processed, but I wasn't 'sure as I didn't receive a confirmation. I called the customer service line to see if my trip had processed or not.

The customer service agent I spoke to said my ticket sale did not process, but that she could see I had logged in SEVEN different times and tried to process this trip and payment. At this time the woman on the phone manually processed my ticket sale, but I was told the price in the past few minutes had jumped from $450 to $569.90. As this was the last ticket available, I paid for the ticket. The customer service woman told me that she thought it was very unfair that I had to pay an extra $119.90 due to their website issues, especially since she could clearly see my seven log in attempts and also could see at least two separate occasions when I tried to purchase the ticket at $450 and the AMEX site failed me.

She put me on hold while she tried to get a supervisor to credit me the $119.90. I was left on hold about 45 minutes waiting to hear back or speak to a supervisor. I didn't get an answer in the end but was told this matter was flagged as "URGENT" and that I should get a call from a supervisor within a few hours. Question Reference # ** and Subject: Trip ID: **. Instead I got an email on March 16th stating "we are unable to see the price you were trying to book due to the booking failed." I was already told they could see all my activity and my seven login attempts. I am sure they could see a cached file and see the $450 price. I shouldn't have to pay extra for their faulty website.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I just made two reservations with my AMEX miles, and found that their use of my points was very fair. I think booking through AMEX gave me a much better deal that I got with United Mileage Plus card.

Original review: April 17, 2018

If you fly Delta this is a perfect card. They keep me updated on my miles and also send me deals as they come available. The first year is free of fees.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Their customer service is the best ever! It is the only card I pay an annual fee for because of the benefits of first bag free and priority boarding.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My husband, who has been an American Express member since 1988 and is also a Platinum member, decided to book our hotel for Spring Break through the AmEx website. He found the hotel that we stayed at 3 years ago, found the suite we had with a separate bedroom and booked it. We printed out the details along with the picture that the website posted to bring with us. After arrival, checking in and walking into our room we realized this was a much smaller room with no separate bedroom.

We have a teen son and a 7 year old son who need lots of room to spread out and we are stuck in a small room that is nothing like the description on the AmEx website. The hotel is sold out, so no chance of changing rooms. My husband called AmEx only to waste an hour and a half of his time to be told by the “manager” that there was nothing they would do because he booked the trip! He’s ready to cancel our membership and I cannot blame him. It was the worst customer service experience that we have ever had with Amex.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Basically, the only reason to use Amex Travel is for points. Spent the last month back and forth trying to get Amex to refund Delta change fees which were incurred because the agent didn't book connecting flights on the correct day. I spent a couple of hours on the phone on hold and had to follow up multiple times to get them to "review" the voice records and get me my refund. Had I not double checked my ticket for a connecting flight I would have missed my flight.

I just kept getting "I'm very sorry but we have to review the record" and then no response for a week. Also, know that if you are a platinum card holder when you book online you aren't booking with platinum travel. You are booking with regular Amex Travel which I've now learned does not offer any type platinum service. They apparently tell you that you aren't with platinum travel when booking online somewhere in the fine print. No point in paying 550 dollars a year to have travel messed up and then spend a bunch of time on the phone to have them fix it.

American Express Travel Company Information