4.3/5 (31 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Nokian Tyres Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nokian Tyres?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nokian Tyres?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I have run these tires for about 30,000 KM and have nothing but good to say about them. As a sport tire I like that they squeal before releasing from the pavement which lets you know a lot more about your handling than tires which just release from the pavement without any notice. My mileage from the tires is above what the factory calls for (65,000km per set) and I will probably get closer to 80,000km out of them. I drive hard as the comment above shows and I have had these up at very high speeds too and no problems there either. I really have nothing bad to say about them. I noticed that for my car club where tens of thousands of reviewers have commented on Nokian tires (BMW car club) that they are favored over Michelins, Pirellis and other high end tires about 5:1. They also come with the stronger XL side rating for heavier and or faster cars.

I also use their snow tire but my area has more ice than snow. I would say the Michelin Ice radial is better on ice than the Nokian snow tire but then Michelin has both a snow tire and an ice tire where Nokian only has the snow tires which are two different needs. The Nokian snow tire are marginally better than the Michelin snow tire so it all depends on whether you need a snow tire or ice tire on which brand I would pick for winter. For summer (where I still use an all season) the Nokian is clearly better than any other tire I have tried.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Mounted these to my 2020 Kia Telluride in Oct'20. Dec'20 took a road trip from Toronto, Canada to Austin, Texas and back. On the return path from St. Louis, IL to Toronto went through 2000Km of snow storm. And this heavy snow where the road is not visible or only lane caravan on the highway. I was able to cut through the storm as if the Tellu was on winter tires. Must say, in the beginning was not sure how they would perform, but that trip it boosted my confidence. The ride is smooth, much quieter than winter tires and many cheaper all-season tires. Braking & handling in snow, icy condition & rain is good. I will not take same risks over snow as I took with my dedicated tires and these tires do not place themselves to that level as well. In Wet/slushy snow conditions also these tires do pretty good.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Nokian Hakkapeliitta tires are absolutely the best Winter tire you will find. I make the 8 hour drive from Fairbanks to Anchorage trip once a week in a Volkswagen Passat. I have tried many other premium brand Winter tires and the Nokians out perform them all. I found out about these tires through a lifelong Alaskan friend and have become my family’s tire of choice. My wife makes the dreaded commute from the MatSu valley to Anchorage daily. I feel comforted knowing she has proper Winter tires. My 17 year old daughter is new to driving and needs all the help possible to stay out of the ditches. I believe her studded hakkapeliita’s give her an edge.

Original review: June 21, 2020

We have a Mercedes Sedan, a newer Ford Edge 4wd, and a Mini-Van 4wd, now all running Nokian tires, previously we used Good Year Triple Tread, Michelin X-Ice, Altimax, which were all pretty good tires, but nothing compared to the Nokian's. We have always researched all our purchases, these tires and the service we have received has been flawless. The only reason I am writing this is that there are two reviews slamming these tires and I can only think they are lying. We live in Alberta, Canada and experience from +40c to -45C running all weather Nokian's in the worst winter and changing summer weather, from heavy rain, hail, black ice, drifting snow and more. Never have I felt safer and more secure knowing that my family is using Nokian tires.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I bought 4 Nokian eNtyre 215/55R17 from Amazon 2.5 years ago. Found cracks on side of the tires, and sent pictures and the invoice to Nokian USA. Nobody answer for 2 weeks. Finally made contact with them and they explained that Amazon is not authorized seller, and on this case don't have warranty. The warranty for the material defect they advertised 5 years from date of purchase or 6 years of date of production. Customer service are ridiculous, maybe customers can feel better if they know that don't have customer service for this company!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I purchased and after that, I found a defect in the product. It's so disgusting that when I called, they didn't pick up the phone. And when I visited them, Now they are not accepting or refunding my claim. I don't know what to do.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I bought 4 225/55R16 all weather Nokian tires 5 years ago and drove year around from heavy snow to hot summer conditions. They were the best tires ever rode, this year I was told it was discontinued.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I bought a set of 4 Nokian tires a few years back. I couldn't believe the performance I got, in some of the worst snow in the New Hampshire. There was a bad snowstorm and I saw a car get stuck on the hill that leads to my house. The road was packed snow, but, very slippery. The hill has got to be approx. on a 25-30 degree incline. I immediately took a left on a side road to go around the car. When I got on the side road, I realized it had not been plowed and had approx. 5 inches of snow. I have a 2012 Hyundai Sonata.

As I turned the bend in the road, I saw that this hill was as bad if not worse than the main road. I was ready to call for help, but, the Sonata with the Nokian tires had no problem to my amazement. I came back on the main road ahead of the car that was still stuck on the hill. I just put another 4 tires on the car and am looking forward to winter. The car has been driven by my wife for the past 2 years and insisted on the new Nokian tires. I have them on the Sonata and on our 2011 Hyundai Elantra. And this weekend I am putting a set of 4 on my 2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My Nokian tires were recommended by sales as being good for every day and very good on snowy town roads. They are made in Norway and have aggressive tread on one side of tire. These tires were road tested. They are good on wet roads and snow around town although they're probably not adequate for snow in Rocky Mountains in winter. They're as good as it gets except for a snow tires.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

My tires are made using environmentally friendly materials, designed with an all-weather blend of rubber compounds (soft enough to work in winter, hard enough to survive in summer), and designed with multiple channels and tread measurement systems. Nokian WRG3 All-Weather tires are pricey - but you absolutely get what you pay for. Two sets were bought over two years ago by my hand - one for my brother, another for myself - and both sets, despite seeing heavy use, still have plenty of tread life remaining; last check was around 8-9 32nds. We got them for their strong tread life, excellent quality, and environmental consciousness. Of all the tires the shop sold, Nokian was top notch in all areas. I've had them for at least 60,000 KM.

The tires have excellent braking and cornering. Also, slips the least in winter and drives the smoothest in summer. Following proper tire rotation guidelines has seen even and minimal wear on a full set of Nokian WRG3s despite the extreme distances driven. (There have been at least four interprovince trips and three trips throughout my home province.) Also, proper tire rotations and wheel alignments will easily see a single set last you several years.

Two brands have been purchased by my hand - Michelin Defender and Nokian WRG3. Aside from the all-weather performance of the latter, there has been little difference between the two tire sets in regards to performance - and both tire sets are constructed as environmentally conscious as is possible in this day and age. Which brand you choose will depend on your environmental consciousness and on your budget.

Nokian Tyres Company Information