2. Automotive

4.8/5 (862 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Mavis Discount Tires

Mavis Discount Tire offers top tire brands such as Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Goodyear and Firestone. Customers can schedule an appointment online for many different auto and tire repair services. It also offers a 30-day price guarantee — if you find the same tire by the same brand for a lower price within 30 days of purchase, Mavis will refund the difference plus 5%.

Pros

• Available across the county
  • Offers various auto services
  • Discount name-brand tires

Cons

• Online reservations can be difficult
  • Some competitors offer more perks

Bottom Line

Mavis Discount Tire offers name-brand tires at discounted prices and a wide selection of auto services. The company has locations all across the country and offers deals and promos on its website.

Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

My tire pressure electronic gauge showed low psi so when I stopped to put air in the tire I saw there was a screw in the tread. I went to Mavis in Palmyra and was in and out within 10 minutes. The charge was less than $20. I took a business card from the counter, thanked them for being so friendly and I will recommend them to my friends and co-workers.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Great customer service, great prices.. They really treated me right while I was in a bind w two flats. I recommend them highly. They gave me a great deal and were very kind and accommodating. I’d recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Great experience with Eugene and Q. Highly recommend. Great service. Customer service is excellent. Service time is quick and best rates possible. Glad I brought my truck here. Eugene was polite, very thorough and highly appreciated. Mavis is the place to go!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

The team at Mavis always takes very good care of my car and treats me fairly. I really like this place. I've been there several times for various reasons and I know that I will go back. Prices beat other competitors. Never any pressure or concern so I can go there with confidence.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I had a different Mavis tire that was closer to my work but they never pick up the phone. I so happen to see a different Mavis thought let me try them. Steve answered was very helpful and gave me a quote on some tires, made a appointment for me, went in and Justin was great. His whole team was great. They found some problem. Justin let me know and they got me back on the road. I definitely will be back to this Mavis tires

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I made an appointment to have my oil changed and tires rotated. My vehicle was taken back in a timely manner. I waited for my vehicle to be serviced. The waiting area was clean and comfortable. An issue arose when changing the oil, evidently, when removing the oil filter, the casing broke. The issue was resolved immediately.. Customer Service was professional and courteous.

Resolution response: Oct. 20, 2021

On 10/13 I spoke with regional manager, Anthony, and what a joke that was. Basically, the gist of the conversation was: oops, your bill was wrong so "I am helping you out and giving you your money back," go in the shop for the 6th time to get the money owed to you and "not a dollar more" or accept a voucher. Why the hell would I accept a voucher? I am never giving you my time or money again. His customer service skills were incredibly poor and as a result, I told corporate I had evidence of what I wrote in my review and that’s when corporate decided to call me. The results were the same, but at least the lady I spoke with knew how to speak to someone politely and I got my refund, finally.

Basically, they are all about the numbers and that is more important than their customer service. You will not get any credit/refund for any inconvenience, disservice, and/or shortcomings. And if you find mistakes on your bill, you will have to jump through hoops to get that back. It’s time to change your policy. If your customer service was up to par, even with long wait times and mistakes, you might have a better return/repeat customer rate. It's unfortunate such a big company has outdated policies and unsatisfactory service.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

An hour ago. NEW. As a person who worked as an essential worker during the pandemic, being short staffed is totally understandable, but having to wait for almost 3 hrs with an appt (10/4/21) is pretty excessive. Not only was the wait long, but the specific tires (Michelin Premier LTX) I made an appointment for were not delivered on time so I had to settle for the Michelin Defenders T+H that they claimed to be on stock. About 1.5hrs into the appt, I was told only 1 of the 2 tires were on stock and I would have to wait for someone to pick them up at another location. If your inventory is not reliable, I suggest you check if the tires are actually available at your shop before you try to sell it to someone. So that would conclude a pretty crappy first time experience at this shop? Nope.

The following day my air pressure light came on so I called the shop & spoke with Manny who asked me to bring the car in. I had to leave work early since they close at 6p and I work in Union Co. I bring my car in at 5:52p & get my keys back to me at 6p. Pretty fast checkup, huh? I was told my tires just needed to recalibrated. I guess it didn't do it on its own while I was driving. Solved! Right?! Nope. My air pressure lights came back on the next day & I had to leave work early again just to be turned away. This time, I was told it probably had something to do with my sensors, but the guy who checks the sensors left for the day. I got there at 5:17p.

On the 4th day (10/7) that I had to bring my car in is when I actually saw or spoke to Manny since the day of my actual appt. I was told it had nothing to do with sensors for Honda CR-Vs & that he will have the mechanics take a look into it. After being there for about 50 mins, it turns out they never checked the air pressure in the tires & they were at 30 instead of 33. They actually tried to claim air was leaking out of my rear tires because it had cracks (which were just cosmetic & shallow).

I asked the gentleman how he would know if air is leaking if my tires weren't wet & he told me they checked WITH THEIR EYES. (After not seeing any punctures how would you know if air is leaking through the cracks with your eyes???) He then asked if I wanted a dunk test which I replied yes & boy was he annoyed. He was just trying to sell me two more tires which I declined. So why didn't my air pressure light come on after that day if they're leaking through the [superficial] cracks??? Hmm...

Now due to their lack of professionalism & detail I decided to look over my receipt. Turns out I wasn't charged correctly either. I go in today, (10/11) to try to get credit back & during the 18 mins discussion about my bill with Manny, he was not trying to give me what was due to me, which wasn't a lot. It was $24.54 after taxes. He actually wanted to charge me more for things they did wrong!

I got the warranty for $20 (discount of $5) because the employee was trying to sell me the warranty for road side service, even though Michelin has their own manufacturer warranty, so I agreed for the discounted price. Manny tells me the employee shouldn't have done that & tried to charge me for it! I also was not honored the "appointment installation special" of $18 either. He begins to tell me he gave me the Defenders for cheaper than the Premier when the Premier is $177 and the Defenders are $172.99. And he told me the NJ disposal was $5 when it's $1.50 each in NJ. How do you not know that when you manage a discount tire store? He gave me back $9 in cash because he couldn't agree with what was owed to me.

I'm still owed $15.54 ($24.54 difference - the $9 cash I received today). Now I'm considering asking for the warranty fee back since people are having a hard time getting free service for it. For the trouble I went through for 2 new front tires, I should be credited more than I'm asking for, but reading all the reviews on Google, Yelp and BBB I won't hold my breath! I wasn't going to leave a review and just email corporate, but again, reading the reviews sounds like corporate doesn't care and they don't call back so here we are.

Mavis Discount Tires response

Dear Carol, first and foremost we apologize for this entire experience. We can understand that negative reviews can paint a poor picture of us, but please know we do care and we absolutely do connect with our customers to ensure their satisfaction. We have created a ticket for you in our system (#**) to the Regional Manager responsible for this location, Anthony, who will be calling you immediately to resolve this and regain your confidence in our company. Our golden rule is to treat you how we would want to be treated and we truly thank you for allowing us the opportunity to improve for you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

The staff that I encountered were friendly and professional. Walked in and was scheduled for a brakes and rotors check. Mechanic literally showed me the condition of my brakes/rotors and told me what needed to be done. I received a quote to replace my rear brakes and rotors. They ordered the parts, and I returned the next day for installation. Smooth process. I will definitely return for future service needs.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Zach and his team at Mavis Tire in Summerville, SC, went above and beyond when I was in an emergency. They were pleasant and courteous and worked quickly and efficiently to resolve my tire issues. I will gladly use them again and recommend them to others!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

We were on our way from Florida to North Caroline when we picked up a nail in our truck. We asked around and everyone recommended Mavis. They did a great job fixing our flat and got us back on road quick. Their cost to patch the tire was very reasonable! Highly recommend them!

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information