2. Automotive

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.70/5

Goodyear Tires Shop Now

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Goodyear Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Bought an Audi Q7 new from the dealer. The tires failed after ~35K miles of driving (tire made a loud noise and appeared to have delaminated). Was very surprised that the tires would need replacing so soon. Dealer told us that we should only expect tires to last 40K nowadays. Went to Belle Tire and figured I just needed to purchase replacement tires. They recommended the same tire from Goodyear and said it should last well over 50K miles if I bought new from them. Spent money on getting all four tires replaced.

Drove the tires for 11 months and started to notice severe pitting and cracking around the edge of the tread on both of the two front tires. Took it back to Belle Tire and they checked alignment etc and said it wasn't an issue with alignment (alignment was perfect). They then said I must have driven on lots of dirt roads (I hadn't). They then called Goodyear to see if it was a warranty replacement. Belle Tire then said I needed to replace the two tires and they quoted me ~50% of the original cost I paid for 4 tires. ie., basically no discount and the same as buying two new tires. They said it was the best they could do and it was Goodyear's problem not theirs. I let them know I wasn't happy and that they needed to stand by products they sold. I then ended up calling Goodyear directly and using the claim number provided by Belle Tire.

After spending 30 minutes on hold with Goodyear I was told that they would provide new tires for replacement cost minus the amount of "use" I had on the existing tires. They claimed I had used 30% of the tire in 11 months (this made no sense and they seemed to be putting the blame for their tires falling apart after 11 months back on me). After much discussion they agreed to provide 2 new tires to Belle Tire at ~25% of the cost (despite the fact that the tires clearly started to fail after 11 months I still had to pay 25%). I asked why I should invest more money to replace tires that clearly had a manufacturing or design defect and what changed that would mean they wouldn't fail again in another 11 months. They told me "they shouldn't but maybe the Audi Q7 is too heavy for these tires" (despite the fact that the original vehicle came with these tires and the fact that these were the tires recommended to me by Belle Tire).

I went back to Belle Tire who then told me they would charge me full price to put the tires back on and insisted it wasn't their problem and hence they couldn't do anything about it. When I reminded them they recommended this tire to me 11 months ago when I purchased it from them they then tried to blame me for the problem by saying I should bring the tires in to get rotated every 4 months. Instead of admitting that a tire shouldn't crumble after 11 months of use they just wanted to renounce all responsibility for the tire they sold me.

Ended up extremely disappointed with both Goodyear Tires and Belle Tire (and incredibly frustrated at the lack of service). Neither company was willing to stand by the product they sold me and instead wanted to blame me for failures of their product. I had to pay both of them money for the inconvenience of replacing a defective product (this isn't right). I shouldn't have to waste time contacting Goodyear if I buy a product from Belle Tire and it's defective. I shouldn't have to pay Belle Tire full price to replace a tire they sold me when it's clearly defective (they sold me the product).

There is clearly a basic problem with this tire on this vehicle. In retrospect I should have replaced the tire with something other than the one that came on the original vehicle (I just assumed that Audi would have chosen the right tire for this vehicle). In summary, if you have a Q7 don't buy this tire (also, be wary about buying tires from Belle Tire).

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I put new Good year tires on my BMW 750li. One year and 12000 miles later the tires are literally separating. The car is maintained and aligned. The tires are just junk. Beware of their product. I replaced the tires with a Michelin product and I hope to have a much better experience.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Audi Q7 owners beware. I replaced the original 255/55R19 run on flat tires with Goodyear Eagle All Season run on flat tires. I started hearing a concerning rotational noise at low speeds. After working with the Audi dealer to try and diagnose the problem and replacing brakes looking at the Quattro system, wheel bearings etc. we were at a loss. Then we looked at the tires. Although there was about 25% to 30% tread life left and the wear was completely even, the tread's flat surfaces on the axle-side of the tire on all four tires had hundreds of small flaps of rubber flaking off creating pits in the tire all the way around the tire. It looked as if the rubber was breaking down and sort of delaminating.

After some good detective work, it was determined that sound we were hearing was these disintegrating places on the tires in contact with the road. Trading out identical wheels with different tires eliminated the noise entirely. I had obtained my car new as part of the executive fleet of a large company. I retired and purchased the car. I consulted the fleet team that had previously maintained the car and they indicated that several other of the Q7s in the fleet had experienced the same flaking/breakdown. They confirmed the symptoms and It appears that this may be a significant design or manufacturing flaw in this tire. I just want to ensure that others who may be considering this tire consider this as they research what tire to buy. I would recommend avoiding this tire.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I've been driving a Mercedes Benz for the past 27 Years, never had a problem with my Tires, therefore I know that the that the problem I presently experience is not due to my driving (as the dealer claims). My 2 Front Tires are Cracking, or you may call it Dry Rot. I feel that the Dealer or Mercedes Benz Corp. should be responsible for the repair. It's a well known fact that GoodYear Tires are Faulty, as a result a lot of people are experiencing Flat Tires and Accidents. I am going to get as many people as I can who drive cars with Goodyear Tires to sign a Petition. So if any of you is driving a car with GoodYear Tires (who suppose to last 50,000 Miles) and had experienced a flat tire or a dry rot around 20,000 miles or less, please email me at: **.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I have the Wrangler ST tires on my Jeep. little tread wear on them, I came out one day to find one flat, the leak is in the side wall. After closer inspection it is heavily cracked, I removed the tire. Looking from the inside out I saw light through a pin hole sized hole. I was going to just get a replacement tire but after seeing how thin those side walls are I'm not sure I even dare run them anymore. There is nothing to them.

Original review: July 29, 2019

MB GLA250 with Goodyear run flats. On the way back from Tallahassee could feel a bump/thump/wobble or what ever at low speed. Car had 30K miles and still good tread. Tampa MB dealer said right front tire steel belt had shifted, sold me another. Out the door for $371. Four months later left front same thing at 33K miles, another $371. Now it's the left rear at 34K miles. I'm beginning to see a pattern. Dealer finally will try to get some relieve from Goodyear. These tires were made in Germany. Have to wait and see if it helps any. I will never buy another car with run flats and have never bought Goodyear tires on purpose.

Original review: July 24, 2019

Sold exclusively by Discount Tires, these tires are the complete opposite of what they say they are. Suppose to be 70,000 mile tires. Not even close. Excessive premature tread wear. Suppose to be quiet. No way, sounds like off road tires, especially in the rear. Stay away from these tires!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I just bought my 4th set of Goodyear Integrity tires. The first three sets were really good. Yesterday my dealer installed my 4th set. I noticed immediately that on my drive home, the new tires were walking all over the road. They did not feel stable. I checked the tire pressure, checked the lug nuts, and visually looked them over. That's when I notice that they were made in Chile. This is obviously an INFERIOR product. I sure regret buying them.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Website said it had an error and could not process my order. But it charged my card twice!! I have called twice and they have not done anything to reverse the charges. $1100....gone...can't buy food, can't buy gas, and can't pay bills!! Don't use their website.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Less than 2 years ago, I purchased a new set of 4 of these tires that hail a 65k mile warranty. After only 16k miles, took Jeep in to have a rebalance and rotation only to find out that my front tires are damn near bald, or passed the 'Still Serviceable' stage... To my disbelief, there is no existing recall that I am aware of. Goodyear has 'credited' me a few bucks for miles NOT driven. Very disappointing, and costly.

Goodyear Tires author review by Lauren Fix

The company was founded in 1898 to service the bicycle tire and emerging horseless carriage tire industries. Goodyear is now the number one tire maker in North America.

• Tire warranty: Goodyear offers several tire warranties, including premature tread wear protection and a limited warranty if excessive noise or roughness is experienced.

• Special offers: Sign up for special offers through the Goodyear website. These can include tire rebates and service coupons.

• Full auto service: Many Goodyear tire locations offer full auto service, including oil changes and mufflers. This provides convenient one-stop service backed by a Goodyear warranty.

• Register your tires: By registering a Goodyear tire purchase online, consumers will receive important updates about their tires. This can include product safety-related recalls.

• 30-Day Goodyear Pledge: Consumers have 30 days to try their new tires. If they are not satisfied, they can return the tires for another set of Goodyear tires. Some restrictions apply.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Tires Company Information