3.52/5
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

360 Goodyear Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

Bought a set of 4 Goodyear tires for my MBZ E500. In Dec 2015. I drove 8000 miles on them. Living in Silicon Valley where roads are well maintained. Yesterday I had my first flat tire on this car, then I went to two different local Goodyear dealers since the original shop I bought from closed down. They all agreed I need a new set of tires. But they both insisted the 50K miles Warranty will not cover any. I said, "Why do I need new set of tires after 8k miles." They said tires are not safe. They gave me the runaround; for the flat, they said I must have drove on it while it’s low in air which I didn’t feel it nor my TPS sensor came on.

About the other tires was said I may have bad alignments or may hit the curb a lot or or or. All possibilities to get me out of warranty as if I was the worst driver living in the deserts (though I have 6 cars and clean driving record). I will call the factory customer service tomorrow and update my review based on their response. But so far the dealers are bad. No wonder why the two shops I went to in San Jose are big in space but empty of business.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Purchased new 2018 Dodge Ram with new Goodyear Wrangler sr a P275/60r20 tires. Rear driver tire tear at low speed on July 6 2018 with less than 4000 mi on tire, the next day while driving on 2 lane highway with speed limit 75 front passenger side tire blew and nearly pulled vehicle off the road into steep ditch. Damage to vehicle, front fender bent, inner molding gone, chipped paint and dent on fender. No, there was no road hazards, and recently paved highway. This could have killed my entire family!

Goodyear Tires Reviews (Updated May 2018) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 10, 2018

These Goodyear Marathon tires (ST235/80R16) are about 3 yrs old about 5000 miles. Always took care of them, like parked the 5th wheel on wood, spent $250 on a TireMinder system, kept them covered. They're made in China. Had 2 blowouts coming home this spring within an hour of each other. Called Goodyear, filed a claim, sent what was left of the tires, claim was denied. I spent $850 on a new set of tires and those garbage Goodyear tires caused $6000 damage to my 5th wheel, a blow out on each side of the trailer. Don't deal with this company, their tires are junk, and the company won't stand behind their product.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I purchased Goodyear tires and the service was great. But shortly after they closed the shop. Never expected that from a big name outfit. The closest to get rotation and service is 20 miles away. Then one of the tires developed a slow leak. Took a week to find it and repair it. The tires began losing traction grab in wet weather. The tires wasn't cheap. A set of 4 was over $1,000.00 so I expected much better than what I got for the money. Financed through their lender. Big mistake. I would not buy tires from Goodyear again. I just don't feel I got what I thought I was buying.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Goodyear tires perform great. Rides smooth and has great wear. Performs well no matter weather we have. Rain, snow or ice. I would recommend Goodyear to all my friends and family. I have 44k miles on these tires and I am sure 55-60k is not out of the question. I rotate every oil change. No problems or issues. I would buy them again and again. I may purchase another car with Goodyear tires before I replace the tires on my car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: June 26, 2018

Goodyear tires may cost a little more, but they are sturdy, handle well, and durable. When replacing, the wear is prorated and you pay less for the new tires. So once you buy your first tires, you are set as long as you need tires.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I've just put Goodyear tires on my car (4), because it is AWD, my goodness, that car ride so smooth. I searched around to get the best deal for 4 and I'm glad for that. Tires are expensive. Goodyears are the best.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I have always purchased Goodyear tires. A little expensive but well worth the price. They handle well in all kinds of weather. Out of 40 years I only had three tires that they had to replace, and did not cost anything for replacement.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Tires just are not made the same as they used to be. Wear out way too fast! Can't say they are the worst tires ever but do need more life in them for the price you pay for tires these days!

Original review: June 23, 2018

I just purchased this tire brand about three weeks ago to replace two rear tires that were constantly leaking air despite repairs. I had replaced the two front tires a year ago with the same brand and I really liked their durability so I had no problem buying the same brand for my rear tire replacements.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Best tires I ever had on a car by far and when tires wear out on my truck I will replace them with Goodyear Tires. They're smooth, wear great and give you all the traction you need on wet or dry road.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I sacrificed on the warranty (only have a 30,000 mile warranty for almost $200 less) to get a better drive out price. I would definitely purchase the same again.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We've had these tires on our 2014 Camry for over four years and almost 55000 miles. Never had any issues and still in good shape. We live in Wisconsin so these tires see every form of weather and road situation. Might get new ones by end of this year and will absolutely get the same brand. Takes some of the worry out of long trips and weather changes.

Original review: June 19, 2018

These tires don’t seem to grip well on wet or snowy roads and also seem to wear out faster than others I’ve had on the same vehicles. I’m not very impressed by this company’s products.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The tire is ok. Durability, safety, price, and good performance on all terrain, I'll recommend to all my friends. Goodyear is the most brand that satisfies me with all requirement that I needs in one brand.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Very reliable tire. I have it on my Jeep. I had it on my other Jeep had no problems. Very cost effective tires. I would recommend them for all vehicles.

Original review: June 17, 2018

1st set didn’t last 30k. On 2nd set having same issues. Keep having to back to Goodyear dealer hoping don’t need 3rd set since they are still under warranty.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The tires are really good. I wanted tires that are long lasting and ones that are backed by the race car driver’s safety. I did not want tires that lose tread like Firestone did to me. The tires I now have are a bit too hard and I feel every bump on the road. My next tires will be softer ones Hopefully by GOODYEAR. GOODYEAR has a better reputation.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Only had 1 set of these because, two of them had blowouts and I've never had a blowout on any other tire in 40 years. Goodyear Eagle GT sounded like a great tire but they wore quickly and had issues, lesson learned.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been using Goodyear tires for the past 20 years. I have never had a problem with them. I buy the special ones with the threads so that are do not slip in the rain.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I always buy my Goodyear tires at Sam's Club because they are the least expensive when you factor in the $80.00 discount that Goodyear offers. My job requires that I do a lot of driving so I cannot risk flat tires. I have purchased Goodyear tires 3 times and have never had any tires go flat on me. I think they hold up extremely well.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I only have had them for about 4 months and so far I've done about 5-300 mile trips, plus lots of short highway driving. I don't see any tread loss yet. If it goes like this I'll like them a lot.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have always used this brand of tires and never had a problem with them. My family uses this too and we do let our friends know about them.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Bought car used. 2 tires are original, 2 were replaced by dealer. The original appear to be able to last until 50000 miles, likewise the replacement tires. Tires perform generally well except a little skittish on wet asphalt and when powering into a turn.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I bought these tires on the advice of a neighbor that had this tire on a similar vehicle and I am not sorry I bought this particular tire. The tires are the Assurance Comfortred Touring. Price comparable to other brands.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I like Goodyear because I had Coopers on my Ram when I bought it. Tire noise was really bad so I looked at some reviews on the net on tires and a good price and went with the Goodyear SRA 4ply highway tire. Road noise gone. Smooth ride like a new truck. I also put them on my Dodge Nitro the ST. Great tires and great ride for the money. I will never use anything else but Goodyear. I got 52k on a 40k tire. Awesome. For the money you can't go wrong.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have always had Goodyear tires, ever since I can remember. I think they are a good value for me & my driving. I don't do long distance driving basically only local driving. But I would trust them on long distance also.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We have had two sidewall blowouts with Wrangler tires. The motorhome was not overloaded as we had dumped all tanks prior to the blowout. The tires were replaced at no cost by Farm & Fleet and they were the SR-A LT225/76 R16 tires. We will never buy Goodyear again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Viva 3 - I bought a set for 2014 Toyota Corolla, I have had them a month, I haven't had them on snow or ice yet. But lots of rain, I know for a fact they are a good rain tire, they are quieter than the ones that come on the car when I bought it new. Walmart was quick getting on, lifetime rotation. I like Wal-Mart to buy my tires, so when I go back to get them rotated, they don't start telling me I need brakes on my car. I would recommend these tires!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

These tires came with my Ford Freestar new in 2006. The low pressure light remained on for the last 10 years. Problem with air loss all tires. I replaced 2 and the same problem. Only after I purchased Cooper tires the problem stopped. Never again. Goodyear goodbye and good riddance. Never to buy Goodyear again.

Goodyear Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

The company was founded in 1898 to service the bicycle tire and emerging horseless carriage tire industries. Goodyear is now the number one tire maker in North America.

• Tire warranty: Goodyear offers several tire warranties, including premature tread wear protection and a limited warranty if excessive noise or roughness is experienced.

• Special offers: Sign up for special offers through the Goodyear website. These can include tire rebates and service coupons.

• Full auto service: Many Goodyear tire locations offer full auto service, including oil changes and mufflers. This provides convenient one-stop service backed by a Goodyear warranty.

• Register your tires: By registering a Goodyear tire purchase online, consumers will receive important updates about their tires. This can include product safety-related recalls.

• 30-Day Goodyear Pledge: Consumers have 30 days to try their new tires. If they are not satisfied, they can return the tires for another set of Goodyear tires. Some restrictions apply.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Tires Company Information