1.54/5
Based on 168 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Goodyear Tires

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

325 Goodyear Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Goodyear Eagle brand tires almost killed me! Despite 4 flat tires and 1 tire replacement within 1 year of purchase of 4 brand new Eagle brand tires for my 2013 Honda Accord, today while driving on the highway, thankfully under the speed limit, my front driver tire split from the seams and rolled off my car. The rubber steel left around the rim of my wheel well most likely saved my life. I regularly rotate my tires and am in a habit of checking my air pressure because of the previous 4 flat tires on 4 different occasions. Today I should have died... These tires should be recalled immediately!! Please see my photos attached.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Brother in law worked for them in OKC talked me into buying them. 3 months after putting all terrain Kevlar on truck got a unpatchable hole while driving on gravel road. Goodyear refused to pay for new tire. Put exact tire back on and one year later while up hunting on a paved road "unpatchable" hole. This time Goodyear refused to do anything. Their advertisements say 60,000 miles. Have less than 40 now and they look nearly worn. Guy at Goodyear distributor says never seen one of them get more than 45,000. Not very encouraging. Never again buy Goodyear tires. Will go to Les Schwab to get best service and good tires.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My boyfriend recently purchased a new 2017 Dodge Ram which came with new Goodyear tires. He was driving home from work this week when his rear passenger side tire exploded (5-10 good size puncture holes all throughout the tire). Thankfully no one was injured as his truck swerved off to the side of the highway. His truck had to be towed to our Dodge dealership where they advised him that Goodyear would need to evaluate for warranty. Goodyear comes to check out the tire and says that there must have been a slow leak which caused the tire to burst (even though the pressure sensor in the tire never indicated that the tire was losing air... So either the sensor or the tire was faulty to begin with).

Now my boyfriend needs to spend a few hundred dollars on a new tire when he just bought the truck two months ago... Absolutely ridiculous. I work for a company who prides itself on customer service and the fact that Goodyear will not even consider a warranty replacement for a tire that is less than two months old is complete nonsense. They're extremely lucky that there were no injuries involved in this accident or they would have a lawsuit on their hands. I would not recommend Goodyear to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Goodyear Warranty. They do not stand behind their tires. 9000 miles and evidence of road hazard. The customer is always wrong. I cannot believe I am going to buy two more to match the ones that are on the pickup. I hope I will never have to buy another Goodyear.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Bought 4 new tires in Dec.2016. Drove a total of 1,000 miles in 5 months and ended up with 2 flat tires. Went to Goodyear dealer where I purchased them and because I didn't buy extra warranty for them they could do nothing to replace my 2 tires. The problem seemed to be in the inside side wall and that's not covered? I spent over 500 dollars and drove a total of 1,000 miles in six months. I'm 76 years old and not a race car driver. This is the worst customer service company, and I will never tell anyone to buy Goodyear tires ever!! Why should someone have to buy an extra warranty when purchasing NEW TIRES!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: July 19, 2017

I bought a brand new 2016 Chevy Traverse that came with Goodyear Fortera tires and from the start they have been noisy and not good traction in wet conditions. They are also wearing fast, I won't get 45,000 miles out of them. The tires sound like they are "cupped" or the tire is coming apart inside but the Chevy dealer says everything looks normal. I could get a minimal amount of money back if I got another set of Goodyears but that's not going to happen. Goodyear, you should do a better job at quality control and make better tires. Chevy, you should better monitor the tires (low bidder?) you put on your new vehicles and replace bad tires, for free, on those vehicles if there are problems.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I put Viva 3 tires on 2 of my vehicles. My first car was sliding all over the road when it rained. I am a very good driver so I thought what's wrong with my car. Until I took the other car out & it slid in the rain as well & had never done that before. I will never again use Goodyear trash tires!!! They do NOT get traction on wet pavement at all. It's terrible & I read another review on here where he said he wasn't getting traction either & had slid into an intersection. Well same thing has happened to me too. Time to upgrade back to Michelin tires!!!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I bought a set of 4 275/60r20 Goodyear tires from Discount Tire. They said it's top of the line tire paid lil over $700 with the install fee and all. A month later I'm heading to Vegas bam blow out. Next day I got back they charged me $50 bucks when it's on warranty. Barely even had 200 miles on it. So I went ahead bought it again for $50. Next month I got about 20 miles out heading to Vegas bam another tire. The same one they put on. I put my spare on I turn around to come back home 6 miles from town bam goes another. Now I'm stuck for 4 hours waiting so someone who has a spare to come help me out. Never again will I buy Goodyear tires ever again. I bought Toyos off eBay 650 all 4 all terrain tires brand new. Imma take these 2 month old tires back to discount tires tell them to keep their garbage tires and fake warranty. I'm done with Good year.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I purchase 4 new Goodyear tires for my 2013 Hyundai Sonata in September of 2016. I thought everything was fine until it turned cold in December. Since that time, the tires will not hold air. During the winter, every single day I had to put air in them. If I went to a dealership or oil change place to do it, I would get the "physics of air" explanation. Yeah, I know air shrinks in the cold, I also know that I went through the "Polar Vortex" a few years back, with a no-name brand of tire on my car, and it had the issue twice.

Today is the last straw. The temperature is 62 degrees. It dipped to 50 last night and this morning, bam, low tire pressure. And if you're thinking my pressure sensor is too sensitive, think again. Every time this light is on, my tires have 22 pounds of pressure instead of their normal 33. That isn't a minimal amount of lost air! This morning I took the car to Goodyear to say enough is enough. I get the same story about air and temperature.

So Goodyear, what you are telling everyone is unless we live in a place with constant air temperatures of 75 degrees, all day, all year, we can expect this problem?! Also, what does this say for long road trips when the tires are in constant use and are extremely hot. Can the tires not handle the expansion of air either?! I can't actually drive my car without the fear of something happening with these tires. The store couldn't take my service today and is having me go back tomorrow.

If this isn't magically fixed, and I seriously doubt it, I will be going to another store and replacing "new-ish" tires for a different set. If it is something they can fix, say the tires have dry rot and needs to be replaced, I'll come back and edit my review. But seriously, this shouldn't be a problem in the first place. I've had valve stem issues before with my Michelin tires, but that was the fault of the installer, not the tire itself. Never again Goodyear, never again. My past tires of Yokohama, Michelin, Big O brand, and whatever that no-name brand tire was I had on this car when I bought it, those are ALL better than this crap.

Original review: April 15, 2017

September of 2015 I purchased a new set of Goodyear Assurance tires for our 2012 Honda CRV at a Goodyear store. Right from the start I noticed that when stopped at an intersection, stop sign or light, and I go to accelerate many times the tires just spin, I can't get traction. I have to take my foot off the gas pedal and then slowly accelerate. A number of times this puts me in the middle of the intersection with traffic coming at me from the side... very dangerous. I consider myself a very good driver. I've been driving for almost 50 years. I'm not reckless nor am I in the habit of doing "burn outs". The tires do not visually look to be defective and have plenty of tread and I keep them properly inflated. Any others with this problem?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I had the Firestone tires that blew out and made the Explorers tip over and roll. So the dealer changed to Goodyear. These are great tires and they stand behind their product. I've had no problems with them and I got the rated miles per set.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I wanted Michelin tires to replace the original tires. However, those weren't readily available. So I did some research and decided on All Seasons 225/50ZR17. I had L/E knowledge of Goodyear's brand and found it to be a reputable tire. I'm at 18000 miles with these tires and thus far, I am satisfied with it. I find it to be a little harder as compared to the previous tires (Michelin) thus causing the ride to be a bit louder. The Goodyear tire doesn't allow for a smooth ride but it's not uncomfortable. Goodyear grips the surface extremely well allowing very little or no lost movement from steering to control the vehicle. My overall experience with Goodyear is positive. However, they lose air pressure frequently. This is a quality tire at a great price and the brand is one I trust.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I purchased 4 Goodyear Fortera TripleTred tires in Jan. 2010. By Aug. 2011, one of them had blown out on a trip out west. Because my car documentation says I should keep the same tires on all four wheels to not damage the differential, I purchased another Fortera TripleTred while on the trip. By Jan. 2014, after only 23,000 miles, two more had failed, one due to an unrepairable puncture and another from another blowout. I put so few miles on my car because I bike commute to work and as many places as possible.

When I researched Goodyear Fortera TripleTred tires, I found out they had been discontinued. I contacted Goodyear and asked if I could get some kind of refund because 3 of the 5 tires had lasted for so few miles and I needed to replace all four tires again. The Goodyear representative said all they could do was prorate the tires and replace them with a comparable Goodyear tire. Rather than try Goodyear again, I decided to replace all four with Michelin Defender tires. Best move I ever made. I haven't had a single problem with the Michelin Defender tires in 3 years. When I talked to the tire store manager, he joked: "You know why they call them Goodyear, right? Because they're only good for one year." Never again, Goodyear.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I used to own Michelin tires, they were down to the wear bars and needed to be replaced. My car drove very smooth to the store to get new tires. The day I had the Goodyear tires installed my van drove like every road was a gravel road. I took them back. I was told my shocks were bad and that my rims were bent. How did that happen the instant I had the Goodyears installed! Two of the tires were found defective (not even round.) I thought tires were supposed to be round. I thought I was buying a good name. My tires needed to be replaced. These tires have 30,000 miles on it and still are not round. Even the replacement tires are not round. I will never buy Goodyear again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Excellent tread wear, comfortable on the road and look good on my car! Came with my car and I trust the company I purchased it from. These work great. Always feels like they grip the road. In the rain, no hydro planing. I purchased a different set of tires for an older car and I did not like the performance. Driving in the rain was terrible as in snow. Did not seem like I was getting a comfortable grip and seemed like I really had to fight to keep it in control.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

An American company is important to me so I got a Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor M+S P265/75R16 on my Pathfinder 2005 off road and 4X4. It's an AT tire with very rugged and aggressive tread and I've already had 18,000 miles on it. I drive a lot on desert dirt roads, sometimes in DEEP blow sand and I've never got stuck in the sand as long as I keep moving so it's really is an AT tire. It also has good traction in all conditions except ice plus, it provides a good and quiet ride.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I've had 25000 miles on my tires and I rotate other tires on time and keep them properly inflated. The tires weren't that great on wet roads and wore out quickly. They are on a minivan so there is no crazy driving going on. My cousin also had Goodyear tires on his minivan and also said the tires wore out quickly.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I was told this was a good tire for the 2011 Avalon. I disagree. It has poor gas mileage and poor handling. I had Bridgestone and Michelin tires. Bridgestone tires are good but mileage was poor. Michelin tires have great tire mileage and performance. Yokohama performs good for the MR2 but tires have to be replaced every 10,000 miles.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I have Eagle LS, high-performance Goodyear tires which I got on sale at nearby tire shop. I've had 10,000 mi. on it and never had a flat tire. I also inflate them less frequently. It has a great feel, smooth ride, and it grips dry road extremely well, but not as well during a lot of rain like a big downpour or large thunderstorm.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Goodyear is one of best of breed. It's a quality brand and the price was right. The tires stood the test of time on the brickyard oval. I've had 5,000+/- miles on my tires and so far, I've had no problems. It stay round, and no flat spots from sitting or cold weather. Retain the proper tire pressure and so far wear is negligible but then again it has not gone far. Road noise is also negligible, and the tires handle well under most road conditions - good comfortable ride.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I have Goodyear tires on a mini van. I use it on rain-snow, but these are not snow tires, just plain good road tires. I got these because it has lots of miles in it based on my past experience. Just keep pressure at 36 lbs. I don't run them way down, I usually go 50 to 55000 and they stick to the road at higher speeds and also on rainy roads or snow.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I wanted tires made in the U.S., and these were the only ones I found, 4 years ago. I chose these tires for their size, tread pattern, and length of service. That is, according to the maker's warranty. After 24k miles, my tires still look great! Great traction, even on wet surfaces and they handle corners fine.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I've had 3 SUV's and used the same tire when purchasing a vehicle. Goodyear tires have aggressive features and traction. They are perfect for the snow and very good on sand. I've never tried them in rugged terrain but they're not too loud on highway driving.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Went to Walmart back in May 2016 and bought 4 New Goodyear Viva 3 235/60/16 tires. After only having the tires on my truck for less than 6,000 miles, the sidewall blew out on the passenger side. Went in, had it replace. Since having these tires, we have replaced 9 tires as of today. And today, Walmart gave me the runaround about the tread being worn and that I had to pay full price for one ($81) and $54 for the other. Yes 2 tires (new - less than a month old) same issue - sidewalls getting holes.

The Walmart associate had the nerve to ask if I was running over a lot of curbs. Guess what? Nope because my boyfriend is usually driving the truck - rural road, no curbs, no rough roads. Made me mad for his insinuating that I either could not make a proper turn in this little Ford Explorer Sport Trac or because I was a woman driver. I, frankly, told him I drive a full size Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab and don't get any flats but I have Michelin tires. Not these crap things. Don't buy. Spend the extra on another better quality brand!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

My wife was pumping up her Goodyear car tire at the gas station. The tire sidewall blew up (exploded) in her face. She was thrown several feet away and momentarily lost consciousness. She was rushed to the hospital and treated for her injuries. The end result of the incident, aside from pieces of rubber embedded in her face, she was left permanently deaf in one ear and has overall major hearing loss. Goodyear refused to accept any responsibility, making excuses for the tire. Goodyear would not admit to any type of flaw. My wife will have to live with this disability for the rest of her life and Goodyear doesn't care! They are a bad company - stay away from Goodyear!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

My views and opinions, my experience. I purchased 2 new Goodyear Assurance at the end of September and not even mid November I experience a crazy blow out of the driver side rear. I drive a 2010 Dodge Charger. The blow out lifted the rear of the car in the air so much that I thought someone hit us from behind and went up under the car. The car swirled back and forth but I was able to gain control. I did not come in contact with any materials in the road. The manager at Mr. Tire in Columbia had the nerve to say he could believe it where a blow out if I didn't have damage to the rim? There are nowhere marks to the side wall to show low tire pressure and no uneven were to lead you to believe there was bubble. The tire is ripped end to end and the damaged rim is outward away from the tire because it occurred after the tire blew. In my opinion they should look further into bettering this product.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

G670 RV tire was four (4) years old with less than 21000 miles. Side wall blowout on front steer axle resulted in tire leaving rim and destroying rim. I suggest to all motorhome owners that you do not use Goodyear on the steer axle. We were lucky no one was hurt.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

We purchased a 2013 Silverado new. We seldom drive it so therefore it only has 28000 miles on it. The tires that were on the truck when purchased were Goodyear Wrangler AT/S P265/70 R17. These tires have been nothing but a headache and a money pit. We drove to Ky, which is about a 2 hour drive and noticed the tire had a bump in the middle of the tread and the tread was splitting. We made it to a tire shop where we were told that these tires were junk and that it could not be plugged and would have to purchase a new tire.

Well thinking that they just wanted the money for a new tire we put our spare on and drive back home to the dealership where we purchased the truck, we were told the same thing about the tires. We purchased another tire and have since had the same problem with the others. This is ridiculous. These tires need to be recalled and people should get their money back or new tires. The company should be held responsible for their product.

Original review: July 15, 2016

Purchased a brand new Kia Forte SX, came with Goodyear Eagle tires on it. At 55K both front tires developed bulges in the sidewall. Needed tires right away and the local Canadian tire had a really good deal on certain tires so I replaced the Eagles with Goodyear Allegra Fuel Max tires. At 18K kilometers the driver side tire blew out the entire sidewall leaving me on the side of the road, luckily that was the worst of it. Kept a close eye on the other tires from then on. They didn't make the Allegra anymore so replaced it with a Goodyear Assurance. Only 18K kilometers on it blew out and still cost me $25 for the replacement, plus balancing, plus tire disposal, plus taxes!

At 21K kilometers the other Allegra developed a large bulge in the side wall and one of the rear. Eagles also started to get a bulge in the sidewall!! 71K kilometers for that tire. Took car in and of course you have to replace a tire under warranty with the same tire so Goodyears on again but the price has changed on the assurance so not only was I charged $26.50 for the tire but an additional $9.99 charge for the pricing difference, even though they couldn't have replaced it with the same tire I purchased and again I had to pay balancing, tire disposal and tax. Car has 71K kilometers on it and have now had to purchase 5 new tires costing me more than $550, and I still have Goodyear tires on it which I have no trust in whatsoever. Yay. Don't buy Goodyear tires if you want tires that you can trust. The aforementioned car is my back and forth to work car, minor highway driving and around a small town so the damage is totally unacceptable.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Going 65 MPH on the expressway my right rear goodyear tire blew. Almost had an accident but managed to get to the side of the road and found that the tire tread has completely separated from the sidewall. Less than 20,000 miles on the tire as it came with my Jeep so will never I repeat never buy one of these crummy tires again. Will also let all my friends know what a crummy, defective product Goodyear makes!

Goodyear Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

The company was founded in 1898 to service the bicycle tire and emerging horseless carriage tire industries. Goodyear is now the number one tire maker in North America.

• Tire warranty: Goodyear offers several tire warranties, including premature tread wear protection and a limited warranty if excessive noise or roughness is experienced.
    • Special offers: Sign up for special offers through the Goodyear website. These can include tire rebates and service coupons.
    • Full auto service: Many Goodyear tire locations offer full auto service, including oil changes and mufflers. This provides convenient one-stop service backed by a Goodyear warranty.
    • Register your tires: By registering a Goodyear tire purchase online, consumers will receive important updates about their tires. This can include product safety-related recalls.
    • 30-Day Goodyear Pledge: Consumers have 30 days to try their new tires. If they are not satisfied, they can return the tires for another set of Goodyear tires. Some restrictions apply.
    • Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.
    Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Tires Company Information