Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

373 Goodyear Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Went to Goodyear service for tires in December 2019 in West Hartford, CT. At first they were very helpful, searched a Goodyear credit card I had not yet received. They had the tires I wanted and said they could put them on that day. Then the up sell began. I agreed to a front end alignment and 3 yr tire protection. Upon reviewing the invoice I noticed they had charged me for a 3 yr alignment package. Since I did not live there but was visiting and had no Goodyear service stations where I live, I declined the package, even though they insisted it would be cheaper. I left the car and about an hour later I received a call stating that my brakes were in dangerous condition and would need front and rear pads, rotors and a brake line flush with an estimated cost of 1,200.00. I had experienced no issues with my brakes and declined.

The manager spent another 10 minutes trying to convince me that I might not make it home, we could just put it on the credit card and request a credit increase to pay for it. I asked him to please just put the tires on and call me when my car was ready. 2 hrs later with the shop closing shortly I got a ride over. They acted like they did not remember me and we're about to close but said my car had been ready. No phone call and very little customer service once I declined hundreds of dollars worth of unneeded repairs. Long story short, just got back from my mechanic in VT after having my brakes checked 2 months later and they are fine, in good shape and oh by the way Goodyear mounted one of the tires backwards. Once the tires are paid off, cutting up the card and will not use Goodyear again.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have been trying to get the rebate that I took out a Goodyear credit care to access, and they have been giving me the run round for almost three months. I completely regret my purchase as I don't think I will get the rebate I am owed, and it has been so much work and stress.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Goodyear is one of two of the last remaining American tire makers. That's very important to some consumers and should be to all American consumers. My experience with Goodyear tires has been over the course of the last 35 years. I have owned many different brands during that time, but never had a better tire than Goodyear. From Wrangler all terrain truck tires to the Assurance weather ready tires. I just put on my daughter's Buick Regal, Goodyear have never let me down. I am a retired police officer and for 21 years experienced some different brands of tires on my police vehicles. Goodyear was hands down the best, safest, longest lasting tire I ever used during my years as a police officer.

Many of the tires that do not last a long time are made of softer rubber which in turn, usually provides better grip, but I actually got 70,000 miles out of some Goodyear Eagle LS tires that came standard on my 1999 Dodge Durango, which is pretty amazing. As a husband and father of three, I trust Goodyear with my entire family. They are on every vehicle I own and always will be. Michelin's cost more and they are French, BF Goodrich is usually less expensive and owned by Michelin. Bridgestone is, a lot of times more expensive, and they are Japanese. Toyo, Kumho, General, Continental, Uniroyal, Hankook, Pirelli, etc are all decent but foreign. Kelly Springfield is owned by Goodyear and they make a very affordable, great tire. Cooper is the only other American tire maker, but my .02 is that you cannot go wrong with a Goodyear tire. The best tire money can buy.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Mine is a 2016 CRV Touring bought in 2016. From then to last week, I had put on 89000 highway miles on it. And I needed to replace the 4 Dunlop tires that looked almost worn flat. I shopped around and considered several brands and finally was almost ready to pick on a set of Michelin Primacy MXM4 at the cost of $1,121.39 (installation and alignment included).

Then one day after the last Black Friday, I was shopping in the Walmart Store at Benner Pike, PA and I picked up a brief conversation at the auto center about possible options for my tire replacement with another shopper, who recommended Goodyear Aviva 3 all season tires to me. On the one hand, I liked the good price, which was $354 for Black Friday, $80 less than usual. On the other, I was worried about the quality of the tires. Then the idea 'why not give a try since it saves me so much' flashed across my mind. So I made the purchase right away and waited for almost two weeks before I got called and had the tires replaced last Friday. Immediately after that I drove to the Sears Auto Center nearby to have the alignment done at $68. Since then, I have been on the road for about 700 miles, 2 round trips from my home to Philadelphia.

I must say I am satisfied with the new Aviva 3 tires. For one thing, the riding with the new tires was smoother and a little bit quieter than that with the worm Dunlap tires. Most importantly, the last time I was riding with the old tires, I got 30 miles per gallon to Phila and 29 miles per gallon back home. The most recent time I was riding with the new tires, to my surprise, got me 33.2 miles per gallon to Phila and 32.2 miles per gallon back home. The weather for both occasions were almost the same, cloudy, around 40 F and a little bit windy. I really highly recommend Aviva 3 tires!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought Goodyear tires mainly because of the rebate that was being offered. Well, lo and behold, once I submitted my claim it was denied. I bought the tires through Amazon and apparently they are not an "Approved Dealer;" therefore, no rebate. I won't be fooled again. I simply will never buy Goodyear tires again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am absolutely appalled at Goodyear as a seller and service shop. I ordered my tires online according to the size requirements Goodyear gave me after putting in my 2017 Kia Optima LX. I opted to have my tires put on by a Goodyear service shop. I sat there for 3 HOURS only to be told they were the wrong size. The size I ordered were BASED ON GOODYEAR'S WEBSITE. I had canceled an appointment I had elsewhere because of this extreme, excessive wait. Goodyear also claimed that I brought the vehicle in with a stripped screw. I have no way of knowing if they are responsible or if it was like that. The shop did not have a die tool to repair it and had to go to NAPA and buy one! (A tire shop doesn't have a die tool???)

I called the next day (Thursday 11/29) and spent 1 HOUR on the phone talking to Janelle and Elanor. I was told that I would now need to pay $50 MORE PER tire. They finally agreed to give me a 30% off coupon. The tires were to delivered to Mavis on Saturday (as I will absolutely never go to a Goodyear service location again). I once again revolved my entire day around Goodyear only to find out the tires never arrived! I called again (12/4), waited 20 minutes for someone to answer only to be immediately hung up on. I called back and waited another 15 minutes and the same rep answered, Janelle. I was given the tracking number only to see that the tires weren't shipped until Friday and weren't due to be delivered until Monday. A blatant and purposeful lie from Goodyear. As of now, my tires are still not delivered and still do not have an appointment for installation.

How can purchasing tires be such an awful and extremely painful process?! I will never purchase tires from Goodyear or go to another Goodyear shop. Completely awful, discombobulated process all the way around. I have spent over 4 1/2 hours dealing with this tire fiasco. I've lost appointments and time from work trying to get this resolved only to be blatantly lied to and ran in circles by this entire company. I never ever give reviews or contact businesses but this ordeal has been one of the worst experiences I've dealt with. Absolutely disgusting. As of last night, I received an email from Goodyear sent at 10:53 PM with an appointment reminder for Thursday, Dec 6 at 5:00 to some Goodyear location I have no clue where it is and I never set up. At this time, I still have no idea where my tires are.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I bought a set of Goodyear tires in July and have had 5 flats since, three of them on the same tire. All they will do is fix the flats. Looking to replace them with a different brand already after only a couple thousand miles.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I have 28,000 miles on these tires, which were supposed to be 60,000 mile tires. They are already at 2/32 and they won’t replace them after telling me they came from a bad batch. If this is how they stand behind their products, no thanks. I’ll be switching to Cooper.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

2018 Ram Longhorn pickup. At 4000 miles one of the Goodyear tires separated horizontally. At 11,000 miles while traveling at 80 miles per hour on an Idaho freeway another developed a side wall split. Why are these inferior tires being put on brand new pickups? This is dangerous.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Purchased a 2017 4x4 Silverado that came equipped with Goodyear. Within a few months the tires were showing signs of wear even though I mostly drove on the highway. I one time did take my 4x4 into the nearby hills. I took it to the local Goodyear shop that said it was normal wear. I have not taken the vehicle off road as the quick wear was troubling. Today a friend and I drove up a paved road to check out the local fires and the tire blew out the sidewall. Goodyear tires are not quality and the company does not stand behind their product.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

The new Goodyear tires I got are much quieter than my older tires. But, I feel like tires are so overpriced but a necessity in life.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

One of our brand new 255/45ZR18 Goodyear tire failed in the Causeway bridge and by no means you can stop in this 24 mile bridge. At 8 am this morning Mr ** who should not be attending customer service just denied my claim and I ended being cursed by him because there were no tire left. I am calling Goodyear Headquarters to find out if they can help (Tire Hazard Protection Plan). Thank You.

Original review: July 31, 2018

First time I've ever bought Goodyear tires - never again. At over $250 a tire, I thought I was getting a solid set of new tires. Within 3 months, I had a blowout (low, grass-covered curb) and was told I needed a new tire for a staple causing a slow leak (non-patchable) - two new tires required as these don't have a warranty for road hazards. The SOFTEST, most fragile tires ever - junk. Going back to Pirelli.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Bought a set of 4 Goodyear tires for my MBZ E500. In Dec 2015. I drove 8000 miles on them. Living in Silicon Valley where roads are well maintained. Yesterday I had my first flat tire on this car, then I went to two different local Goodyear dealers since the original shop I bought from closed down. They all agreed I need a new set of tires. But they both insisted the 50K miles Warranty will not cover any. I said, "Why do I need new set of tires after 8k miles." They said tires are not safe. They gave me the runaround; for the flat, they said I must have drove on it while it’s low in air which I didn’t feel it nor my TPS sensor came on.

About the other tires was said I may have bad alignments or may hit the curb a lot or or or. All possibilities to get me out of warranty as if I was the worst driver living in the deserts (though I have 6 cars and clean driving record). I will call the factory customer service tomorrow and update my review based on their response. But so far the dealers are bad. No wonder why the two shops I went to in San Jose are big in space but empty of business.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Purchased new 2018 Dodge Ram with new Goodyear Wrangler sr a P275/60r20 tires. Rear driver tire tear at low speed on July 6 2018 with less than 4000 mi on tire, the next day while driving on 2 lane highway with speed limit 75 front passenger side tire blew and nearly pulled vehicle off the road into steep ditch. Damage to vehicle, front fender bent, inner molding gone, chipped paint and dent on fender. No, there was no road hazards, and recently paved highway. This could have killed my entire family!

Original review: July 10, 2018

These Goodyear Marathon tires (ST235/80R16) are about 3 yrs old about 5000 miles. Always took care of them, like parked the 5th wheel on wood, spent $250 on a TireMinder system, kept them covered. They're made in China. Had 2 blowouts coming home this spring within an hour of each other. Called Goodyear, filed a claim, sent what was left of the tires, claim was denied. I spent $850 on a new set of tires and those garbage Goodyear tires caused $6000 damage to my 5th wheel, a blow out on each side of the trailer. Don't deal with this company, their tires are junk, and the company won't stand behind their product.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I purchased Goodyear tires and the service was great. But shortly after they closed the shop. Never expected that from a big name outfit. The closest to get rotation and service is 20 miles away. Then one of the tires developed a slow leak. Took a week to find it and repair it. The tires began losing traction grab in wet weather. The tires wasn't cheap. A set of 4 was over $1,000.00 so I expected much better than what I got for the money. Financed through their lender. Big mistake. I would not buy tires from Goodyear again. I just don't feel I got what I thought I was buying.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Goodyear tires perform great. Rides smooth and has great wear. Performs well no matter weather we have. Rain, snow or ice. I would recommend Goodyear to all my friends and family. I have 44k miles on these tires and I am sure 55-60k is not out of the question. I rotate every oil change. No problems or issues. I would buy them again and again. I may purchase another car with Goodyear tires before I replace the tires on my car.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Goodyear tires may cost a little more, but they are sturdy, handle well, and durable. When replacing, the wear is prorated and you pay less for the new tires. So once you buy your first tires, you are set as long as you need tires.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I've just put Goodyear tires on my car (4), because it is AWD, my goodness, that car ride so smooth. I searched around to get the best deal for 4 and I'm glad for that. Tires are expensive. Goodyears are the best.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I have always purchased Goodyear tires. A little expensive but well worth the price. They handle well in all kinds of weather. Out of 40 years I only had three tires that they had to replace, and did not cost anything for replacement.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Tires just are not made the same as they used to be. Wear out way too fast! Can't say they are the worst tires ever but do need more life in them for the price you pay for tires these days!

Original review: June 23, 2018

I just purchased this tire brand about three weeks ago to replace two rear tires that were constantly leaking air despite repairs. I had replaced the two front tires a year ago with the same brand and I really liked their durability so I had no problem buying the same brand for my rear tire replacements.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Best tires I ever had on a car by far and when tires wear out on my truck I will replace them with Goodyear Tires. They're smooth, wear great and give you all the traction you need on wet or dry road.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I sacrificed on the warranty (only have a 30,000 mile warranty for almost $200 less) to get a better drive out price. I would definitely purchase the same again.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We've had these tires on our 2014 Camry for over four years and almost 55000 miles. Never had any issues and still in good shape. We live in Wisconsin so these tires see every form of weather and road situation. Might get new ones by end of this year and will absolutely get the same brand. Takes some of the worry out of long trips and weather changes.

Original review: June 19, 2018

These tires don’t seem to grip well on wet or snowy roads and also seem to wear out faster than others I’ve had on the same vehicles. I’m not very impressed by this company’s products.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The tire is ok. Durability, safety, price, and good performance on all terrain, I'll recommend to all my friends. Goodyear is the most brand that satisfies me with all requirement that I needs in one brand.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Very reliable tire. I have it on my Jeep. I had it on my other Jeep had no problems. Very cost effective tires. I would recommend them for all vehicles.

Original review: June 17, 2018

1st set didn’t last 30k. On 2nd set having same issues. Keep having to back to Goodyear dealer hoping don’t need 3rd set since they are still under warranty.

Goodyear Tires expert review by Lauren Fix

The company was founded in 1898 to service the bicycle tire and emerging horseless carriage tire industries. Goodyear is now the number one tire maker in North America.

• Tire warranty: Goodyear offers several tire warranties, including premature tread wear protection and a limited warranty if excessive noise or roughness is experienced.

• Special offers: Sign up for special offers through the Goodyear website. These can include tire rebates and service coupons.

• Full auto service: Many Goodyear tire locations offer full auto service, including oil changes and mufflers. This provides convenient one-stop service backed by a Goodyear warranty.

• Register your tires: By registering a Goodyear tire purchase online, consumers will receive important updates about their tires. This can include product safety-related recalls.

• 30-Day Goodyear Pledge: Consumers have 30 days to try their new tires. If they are not satisfied, they can return the tires for another set of Goodyear tires. Some restrictions apply.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Goodyear Tires Company Information