Goodyear Tires

• 0%
  • 0%
  • 60%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodyear Tires?

Reviewed March 26, 2023

Extremely costly tires, only lasted 2 months past factory warranty, thus necessitating another 4 tire purchase if AWD vehicle. Tire leak on side which cannot be repaired. Don't buy for the name anymore.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 19, 2023

I have Goodyear Eagle Sport 245/50R20 fitted to my vehicle with 10K mileage. There is a 50K warranty. The front 2 tires are crumbling. Contacted Warranty department and they provided a claim number and directed me to one of their service centers. On contacting the service center I was informed that if the tires were fitted at the car manufacturer's plant then tough luck! Not Goodyear's problem. I said what's the difference unless substandard tires are shipped to Jaguar. He was not prepared to inspect the tires and then said the tires must have tire rot due to the vehicle being stationary for a protracted period. That's weird as must have stored the vehicle vertically as the rear tires are fine. The guy at Palm Harbor, FL Goodyear service depot was very dismissive and defensive. As they say Goodyear tires - only good for a year! I also emailed Goodyear a week ago with NO response.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2023

Purchased 4 of these tires in Oct of 2019 from Blacks Tires here in Myrtle Beach on 3rd Street. I got a nail in my side wall back in November. I was told it was not fixable. But they fixed it anyway with a bulge on the side. I have driven at least 40,000 miles on these tires and they do not even have a 20,000 miles left. Completely bald and maybe will last another 5-10 at the most. Goodyear keeps giving me the runaround. They say they will call me back and never did. Now they can't even find my records of a call. Been switched to a 1000 diff depts. Spoke to many diff reps...they keep transferring my calls or hang up.

I was told by Blacks Tires that I can pay 600 to have all my tires replaced??? Whyyy would I have to pay? I didnt rent these tires. I even opened up your credit card and paid them off with no interest. Now you want me to pay an additional amount of money to replace even tho they are under warranty. Blacks Tires acknowledged that I have kept up on maintenance and tire rotation.

I would never buy Goodyear tires again. But I bet you everything before this is all over, YOU WILL BE REPLACING MY TIRES FOR FREE. That's what I paid for...I paid for the extra protection as well. I am not one of those going down without a fight like others have. I will blow up your reviews about how these tires are terrible and so much for the guarantee. Not even worth it!!

Verified purchase

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2022

I’ve had a few experiences with GY. The weather-ready on my wife's SUV are pretty good. No real complaints except reduced gas mileage. This experience is why I gave Goodyear a chance when I needed tires on my Lexus LS460. Wrong choice! The Eagle Exhilarate were terrible. I fought shakes and actually needed a dealer to diagnose my issues… They found 2/4 new tires were out of round! Customer service was terrible! They wouldn’t let me try a different model within their brand. The replacement tires are now on marketplace! Went with Michelins and I have my luxury smooth ride again. :)

The SRA that came Stock on my truck are also subpar. They are quiet and cheap…that's the only pros. Cons - terrible wet traction, no traction on gravel, sway when towing even light loads, bad uneven wear, worst tire in snow (even with 4x4). I will NEVER buy another Goodyear in my life again. Their customer service is poor, their products are poorer.

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2022

I track my gas mileage on every tank of gas I buy. When I purchase the Goodyear Assurance Weatherready, I lost five miles per gallon immediately. I have ran four tanks of gas through since purchasing and it has remained consistent. I gave them a four for this reason. As far as the tire itself goes, I give it a five! The handling is excellent. The comfort is excellent. I couldn't say a bad thing about the performance of the tire. Overall, I would buy them again, even with the reduced gas mileage. However, if this is an issue for you, I thought I would give a heads up.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2022

Zero stars. I've tried Goodyear tires on two different cars (Honda Element and Toyota Matrix) and I have to say they're the worst ever. Both vehicles instantly lost significant maneuverability, becoming extremely "floaty", making anything but extremely slow turns at low speeds unsafe. I instantly returned them and will never ever ever buy Goodyear.

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2022

I bought these tires because they had a 60,000 mile guarantee. They wore out at 25,000. Goodyear would not do anything about it because I bought through Wal-Mart. Please beware that the promised warranty will not be honored by Goodyear. Very disappointed with the tires and customer service when I called.

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2021

Goodyear has been a brand for many generations and a tire you can trust. We place our lives and our families in the hands of many in today's situations that we have no control over but with choosing your vehicle's safety and reliability of tires you cannot go wrong with Goodyear.

Coverage

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2021

The Goodyear Triple Tread tire has served me well over the last 5 years. Excellent traction on dry, wet, snow covered, and icy roads. It's the ONLY tire that's rated by US DOT for ALL 4 seasons. Other "all season" tires are Not rated by DOT for snow.

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2021

This is my second set of Goodyear tires on my 2014 Ram 1500 truck! They wear evenly and are quiet on the road even at highway speeds. But, they are not long wearing tires! I drive my truck very easy and do not jackrabbit from stops and brake slowly at stop.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2021

I always buy Goodyear tires which is what my car came with in 2005. I read that it is best to use the same type and brand of tires when replacing. I have an SUV, so I am concerned that I get the right tires. They usually last about what the rating says--just average lifetime.

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2021

Consistently I have found that the Goodyear branded tires which come on new Chrysler autos since the early 1980's are of low quality, perform poorly, and do not last very long.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2021

Used to be a solid tire brand but can't trust the mileage warranty guideline. Didn't even make half the advertised mileage. Guess they want to trap you in the cycle of going back for more and getting the small treadwear credit.

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2021

I bought my Jeep brand new 2015 and my Goodyear wranglers have not been change once due to being worn, they are top notch tires, I am sorry they no longer sell them. I am still driving on these tires believe this or not, goodyear puts out durable tires, I will continue to buy my tires from Goodyear and recommend them highly.

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2021

I bought Goodyear tires to replace other tires that wore out at 30.000 miles that should have lasted 70,000 and hoping these will last for the amount of time it is warranted for. Goodyear is a good and reliable brand.

Price

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2021

GoodYear Tires give a great smooth ride on my Chevrolet Suburban. Cost is reasonable and mileage is excellent. Service after the sale is exceptional not to mention the phenomenal financing offered! I've took advantage of the special financing option purchasing 4 sets of tires!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

I purchased 4 new Goodyear tires of which were eligible for rebate. I sent rebate form along with my purchase receipt on 4/1/21. As of 6/17/21 I had not received rebate so I contacted Goodyear by phone inquiring about my rebate. The person I spoke to said they had not received my rebate form but I could resubmit it and they would honor it even though it was past expiration date. I sent a second form in on 6/17/21 but as of latter July still hadn't received rebate.

So I called Goodyear again and was told that they received my second request but offer had expired and the sales receipt didn't have the exact tire number on it. I asked them why they didn't notify me of needing more info and was told they didn't have time to do that. So if you are buying tires from Goodyear with the plan of getting a rebate, make sure you closely follow up on the processing of the rebate. They should have informed me the first time I called them if the sales receipt didn't have all the information they needed.

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Bought these tires 17 months ago and have less than 20000 miles on them and have had more flat tires in that time than I have in 40 years. I didn’t even have them two months and started having problems with flats. They are the worst tires I’ve ever had!. Also I was suppose to have a rebate which was why I decided on these but it was denied after turning in all the proper paperwork.

Reviewed June 29, 2021

I have the Assurance Tires for my Dodge Journey. I have had to take it to the tire shop to have it looked at many times, because it keeps going flat. They can find nothing wrong with the tire, but it loses pressure. I had one tire that started bulging. I would not recommend Goodyear Assurance Tires.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2020

Goodyear offered a $75 rebate for purchasing the Assurance Maxlife. Valid from July 1-Sept 30. I purchased these tires on September 22nd and submitted my rebate shortly after. It's November 4th today and I still don't have my rebate. I've called their rebate center multiple times, waiting 20 minutes each time with nobody picking up. They don't have an email or any other form of contact. I'm just going to assume that I was duped by false advertising. Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend purchasing Goodyear tires if you want the rebate.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2020

Talked my girlfriend into buying new Goodyear Assurance 235-55-18 for her Toyota RAV4 back in March 2018. It’s now September 2020 only 38,000 miles later and desperately need new tires already. Regularly rotated and all 4 tire evenly worn below Lincoln penny. Very pissed! As she is mad because I recommended them! Wish I could upload pix.

Verified purchase
    Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2020

Updated on 10/17/2020: They offered a rebate but they can't back up their mouth. Nor do you folks how tacky you people act. Yea very unprofessional. This has been going on for 3 months now. Get it together people. If you say you are reviewing it then let me know and follow through on your end. You ask us to so do it.

Updated on 09/21/2020: Well now you people tell me to call so I did. Now I'm being told that I need a claim number and the lady was very rude. So I bought 4 brand new Good year Eagle GT 285 50 r 20 and the ad said up too $100 rebate. Well once I purchased them that ad went away. So then I wasted my time looking for a rebate and there was one with $50 mail in rebate but now it's no good because I didn't use a goodyear charge card so please let's move forward with this. Thank You. Larry

Original review: Good I hope people read this. Let's start with what they advertise compared to after you purchase. While shopping they advertised $50 mail in rebate. Ok not much but I was cool with it. So I purchase 4 Eagle GT 'll P285 50r20's and now there is nowhere to find the rebate oh from 2017 or they needed to be bought by a Good Year card and other LOOPHOLES. I just think a Big Corp. Like Goodyear Tires should back their smack up. So I'm a Truck Driver so word goes fast. It's the point of this matter so I will never BUY and or refer anyone to fall for their fake, false advertising little gig for $50. Wow Goodyear that's very tacky, rude, degrading and very sad. I'm sorry you think you care about the public you showed me. Anyway back up your offer. I backed my purchase.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2020

I have A truck. A van & A sedan. Purchased 4 Goodyear Wrangler 235_75r15 for my truck. Then 6 month later got 4 more tires for my sedan. From Goodyear Purcell in Peoria Arizona. Though the manager knew me & my business. Found out that I paid over 10% to goodyear than I would have paid Discount Tires or Big O. At 700 miles driving my truck over 1 year I noticed cracks around the rim side. I took it back and he told me it is normal...I am 58 years old...

Called customer service & the lady was helpful. Sent me to company owned store. I walked in the store in Litchfield Park.... Service manager face in the computer & did not even acknowledge my presence... I told him that I am here to see the mgt. I got a claim for defect tires.. He pointed to the office & back into his computer. Manager checked the tires & said they are old & this cracks are normal & when I insisted to get replacement because these tires are not safe. I set an appointment after 4 days on Tuesday morning. Got there & I Felt that they are doing me a favor letting me in to the store.

He said that he do not have these tires & tried to get me a lot cheaper tires & want to charge me $ 200.00. I wanted the better tires so he said to come back at 2:30pm. Their shop is about 18 miles from my house. I left then on time I was back. Same treatment.. He came out after about 15 minutes me waiting and said bgg that the delivery will be 1/2 hour late. I waited & there was a customer with newer sporty Chrysler standing there for good 15 minutes & no one acknowledge him.. even the service manager walked past him without saying a word.

When the customer said, "I am here for an oil change.." he got turned down as he do not have an appointment... BUSINESS LOST. Then my tires came at 4.10 pm. 3 people rushed & got the tires on as there was no cars there. Then it took the service manager over one hour to finish my paperwork & pay... I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND GOODYEAR TIRES NOR THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS TO MY WORST ENEMY.. I am in retail business & will be sure to tell as much as I can to my customer about this kind of service ..if they call it service...

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2020

I go to Goodyear Kannapolis NC. Back drivers side tire is low. I figure it’s a nail. It’s possibly a staple. I’m checking in the guy is looking at me with this stupid face as I’m telling him my issue. Almost condescending. They take my car back. The dude checks out the tire. Looks at all tires. He says, "Yeah you may need all 4. "You're on secondary rubber on fronts." Ok I mean sure. I get estimate. Now here’s the kicker. I drive an 2018 Hyundai Elantra value edition. Cheap car small tire equals cheap tire. 205 55 r16, He comes at me with almost $900 price tag. My jaw drops. I’m like, "Huh. I’m not driving a Land Rover." I’m like, "Come on. That’s not real." He’s like, "Well I can get you something cheaper. 'Clicks a few Buttons. $670. I’m like, "No. That’s still way too high." He is like, "I’m sorry then" and I’m like, "Jeez I am too."

I’m at Discount Tire now. Same tire mileage. Mounted. Balanced. 331.00. What in god's creation? How were we at $900 or even almost $700. I will never use good year again. Total scam artists. I advise anyone to look elsewhere. This is a commission based company. They jack up your prices so they make more money in commission. Discount tire was like, "Yeah the guy wasn’t telling you the truth about needing 4 new tires." I have to say I understand why people hate mechanics car dealers so on and so forth. Goodyear you have officially lost my business for life. Once you lose trust you can’t gain it back. Anyone I know will hear my story. I will post this experience online. Thank you.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2020

These tires were a terrible experience, noisy, wearing fast and quite expensive. Definitely not any better than your average Chinese cheap brand. I fitted the tires to a Jeep Wrangler. I've since changed them to Cooper - much better.

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2020

10 days ago I bought a new 2020 F150 from Republic Ford in Springfield MO. When test driving it myself and the salesman noticed a feeling like a tire was out of balance. It was Saturday and service was closed so I took the vehicle anyway thinking it was just a flat spot from sitting on the lot and would work itself out on the drive home (150 miles). It didn't so took it to my locale dealer (Ultimate Ford ). They work with the truck for 2 hours then told me I had bad tires and Goodyear would only warranty 2. It has been over a week and have heard nothing from Goodyear. Heck of a deal pay over 50000 for a vehicle wind up with this problem. I don't blame either dealer but is surely on Goodyear.

PriceReliability

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2019

Bought an Audi Q7 new from the dealer. The tires failed after ~35K miles of driving (tire made a loud noise and appeared to have delaminated). Was very surprised that the tires would need replacing so soon. Dealer told us that we should only expect tires to last 40K nowadays. Went to Belle Tire and figured I just needed to purchase replacement tires. They recommended the same tire from Goodyear and said it should last well over 50K miles if I bought new from them. Spent money on getting all four tires replaced.

Drove the tires for 11 months and started to notice severe pitting and cracking around the edge of the tread on both of the two front tires. Took it back to Belle Tire and they checked alignment etc and said it wasn't an issue with alignment (alignment was perfect). They then said I must have driven on lots of dirt roads (I hadn't). They then called Goodyear to see if it was a warranty replacement. Belle Tire then said I needed to replace the two tires and they quoted me ~50% of the original cost I paid for 4 tires. ie., basically no discount and the same as buying two new tires. They said it was the best they could do and it was Goodyear's problem not theirs. I let them know I wasn't happy and that they needed to stand by products they sold. I then ended up calling Goodyear directly and using the claim number provided by Belle Tire.

After spending 30 minutes on hold with Goodyear I was told that they would provide new tires for replacement cost minus the amount of "use" I had on the existing tires. They claimed I had used 30% of the tire in 11 months (this made no sense and they seemed to be putting the blame for their tires falling apart after 11 months back on me). After much discussion they agreed to provide 2 new tires to Belle Tire at ~25% of the cost (despite the fact that the tires clearly started to fail after 11 months I still had to pay 25%). I asked why I should invest more money to replace tires that clearly had a manufacturing or design defect and what changed that would mean they wouldn't fail again in another 11 months. They told me "they shouldn't but maybe the Audi Q7 is too heavy for these tires" (despite the fact that the original vehicle came with these tires and the fact that these were the tires recommended to me by Belle Tire).

I went back to Belle Tire who then told me they would charge me full price to put the tires back on and insisted it wasn't their problem and hence they couldn't do anything about it. When I reminded them they recommended this tire to me 11 months ago when I purchased it from them they then tried to blame me for the problem by saying I should bring the tires in to get rotated every 4 months. Instead of admitting that a tire shouldn't crumble after 11 months of use they just wanted to renounce all responsibility for the tire they sold me.

Ended up extremely disappointed with both Goodyear Tires and Belle Tire (and incredibly frustrated at the lack of service). Neither company was willing to stand by the product they sold me and instead wanted to blame me for failures of their product. I had to pay both of them money for the inconvenience of replacing a defective product (this isn't right). I shouldn't have to waste time contacting Goodyear if I buy a product from Belle Tire and it's defective. I shouldn't have to pay Belle Tire full price to replace a tire they sold me when it's clearly defective (they sold me the product).

There is clearly a basic problem with this tire on this vehicle. In retrospect I should have replaced the tire with something other than the one that came on the original vehicle (I just assumed that Audi would have chosen the right tire for this vehicle). In summary, if you have a Q7 don't buy this tire (also, be wary about buying tires from Belle Tire).

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2019

I put new Good year tires on my BMW 750li. One year and 12000 miles later the tires are literally separating. The car is maintained and aligned. The tires are just junk. Beware of their product. I replaced the tires with a Michelin product and I hope to have a much better experience.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2019

Audi Q7 owners beware. I replaced the original 255/55R19 run on flat tires with Goodyear Eagle All Season run on flat tires. I started hearing a concerning rotational noise at low speeds. After working with the Audi dealer to try and diagnose the problem and replacing brakes looking at the Quattro system, wheel bearings etc. we were at a loss. Then we looked at the tires. Although there was about 25% to 30% tread life left and the wear was completely even, the tread's flat surfaces on the axle-side of the tire on all four tires had hundreds of small flaps of rubber flaking off creating pits in the tire all the way around the tire. It looked as if the rubber was breaking down and sort of delaminating.

After some good detective work, it was determined that sound we were hearing was these disintegrating places on the tires in contact with the road. Trading out identical wheels with different tires eliminated the noise entirely. I had obtained my car new as part of the executive fleet of a large company. I retired and purchased the car. I consulted the fleet team that had previously maintained the car and they indicated that several other of the Q7s in the fleet had experienced the same flaking/breakdown. They confirmed the symptoms and It appears that this may be a significant design or manufacturing flaw in this tire. I just want to ensure that others who may be considering this tire consider this as they research what tire to buy. I would recommend avoiding this tire.

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2019

I've been driving a Mercedes Benz for the past 27 Years, never had a problem with my Tires, therefore I know that the that the problem I presently experience is not due to my driving (as the dealer claims). My 2 Front Tires are Cracking, or you may call it Dry Rot. I feel that the Dealer or Mercedes Benz Corp. should be responsible for the repair. It's a well known fact that GoodYear Tires are Faulty, as a result a lot of people are experiencing Flat Tires and Accidents. I am going to get as many people as I can who drive cars with Goodyear Tires to sign a Petition. So if any of you is driving a car with GoodYear Tires (who suppose to last 50,000 Miles) and had experienced a flat tire or a dry rot around 20,000 miles or less, please email me at: **.

Goodyear Tires Company Information