2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

General Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Tire?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Much less expensive than the more expensive Michelin with almost exact same performance ratings. Have them on all our vehicles. Having run Michelin top rated tires, which are as good as the Generals, and knowing that Michelin offers a less expensive poorly rated dealer choice tire, at the same price as the General tire, I have to be concerned that my "Trust" in the Michelin brand has been corroded. Perhaps financially it might be okay to trade on your brand name for the short term but as buyers become more aware of the deception, the long term value of the deception should affect the sales figures perhaps. I know it has been somewhat profound for me, as I no longer trust their brand to deliver value throughout their product line. This is the main reason I fleet with Generals. Regardless of cost I don't want to play games with trying to figure out which Michelin tire is good and which is not up to their standard.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Love these tires, good wear, quiet, good traction, excellent value, purchased at Pep Boys, good service, good warranty, nice looking.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I've had all three of the other tires. Michelin pilots that came on my fusion wore out in 29,000 miles. The Continentals that came on my 2015 CRV were the noisiest tires I've ever had. The Michelins that came on an escort had knots in the sidewalls and all had to replaced before 30,000 miles. The Goodyears and Generals have done much better than the other two.

Original review: July 30, 2018

The tires is a cheaper. My tire it was bought from Walmart. These tires are not the best of tires there. Own a 2008 Jeep patriot and the towers are probably the best thing on the jeep because it’s not safe to drive.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My car is a Nissan Altima S-ER and it came equipped with high performance tires. When I replaced the tires for the first time I replaced them with "General G-Max" high performance tires. They are an all season traction grabbing high performance tire.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Great tires for the money. My family members have bought this brand for forty years. They have a great reputation for performance and value. The pricing for a set of four tires is very competitive and represent a really good deal for me. I will continue doing business with them as I’ve been totally satisfied with their product performance.

General Tire Company Information