2. Shopping
  3. Sporting Goods

3.8/5 (399 ratings)

About Nike

Nike Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nike?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nike?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I ordered shoes last week and they hasn’t been delivered. So I tried to contact Nike using chat and they told to wait for investigation but after some time of waiting I’ve been emailed that my gift cards used for the order were noticed in some fraudulent activity which is not a true ‘cause I used all of the gift cards for the first time. THEY JUST STOLE MY MONEY (GIFT CARDS) and also replied like: “Nike is not responsible for lost packages”. Great service. So NIKE IS SCAM! Use another places to buy stuff and avoid using Nike.com at all!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I purchased a pair of Vapormax shoes from Foot Locker. Less then 2 months later the air bag on the heap was punctured. I took them back to Foot Locker and was told I had to contact Nike directly. So I went online and made a claim. Paid $25 for packaging and shipping and Nike denied my claim twice. So now I have no shoes and can’t afford to purchase any. I’m a single disabled mom with 3 kids I’m raising alone. It took me a long time to save for these shoes and now they are worthless and I don’t have any shoes for after my knee replacement surgery next week. I will never buy another Nike brand anything ever again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of custom cleats for my son's mens size 7 and 8 in July. The ordered was to be delivered first week in September. Throughout the order I checked the status is said they were in process. I received a email they would be delivered September 2nd. On that day I didn't receive them. On September 4th I received a email saying they are delayed and I wouldn't receive them until October 15th. I called saying it's unacceptable. A week ok but over another month on a order costing over 300 dollars. I was offered 20% off my next order. I refused as I feel at the very least some sort of interest on they money. My son's last game is the end of October and he wont be the same size next year. I cancelled the order and contacted corporate who gave me a claim number that I check and it's not even valid. As a long time Nike customer I'm so disappointed in the way this issue was handled.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

This is a nice looking lightweight shoe but there is very little heel support and what there is soon fails which allows the shoe to move laterally off your foot in the heel area. This makes walking uncomfortable. I returned the shoes to Nike pointing out the failed heel support. They said it was a fit issue and returned the shoes to me. I posted a review like this on their site. It was removed, I don't know why.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Bought a paid of Nike shoes for my son before school. The Velcro lasted maybe 1 week, however, since I didnt expect the shoes to have ongoing issues I threw the box out. Now I wasted at least 50 dollars on shoes that wont stay on or Velcroed.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Air bubble popped after a few times of wearing. Went back to store to return and Nike said I must have receipt to return my like new defective shoes. Not good service. You pay top dollar for nice shoes and expect under normal wear they would last more than a few wears.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Unfortunately, I cannot talk good things about Nike. I have ordered VaporMax for my son birthday when I recognized my model was available, but they cancelled after 3 days because of website issue, they told me when I called and complain about the situation. They have no any solution or any respect for customer. Thank you Nike, you have won unsatisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Bought my son a pair of Nike VaporMax, $210.00. Less than two months they had holes on the top of the shoe. Called in and they said to send them in and they would look at them and since they were defective they would issue a refund so he could get another pair of shoes. So I paid to send them in and they denied the claim because of normal wear and tear! Seriously! Two months is normal wear and tear, I don't think so! So I called in and they said they sent the claim back to somebody else to review, yeah right! It was denied again. I called back, and I ask the guy why they didn't stand behind their products and he said, "Well we think this is normal wear and tear." So basically they don't care about their customer and don't care if their shoes last two months or a year. Never again will I spend my hard earned money on anything Nike. So disappointed.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Nike Presto Fly - defective. Eyelet holding shoelace came off/apart - there is no way to lace shoes. CSR told me they were still "under warranty" and that whole process of returning/getting credit would take about 2 weeks. I paid $20 to expedite the shipping in June as I was leaving on trip and need my shoes. I was told my refund claim was approved a few days later but I still had to wait for a Manager to sign off. Well It's been over 40 days and I am still waiting. Calls are useless. My trip came and went. Now when I put my claim number in - nothing comes up. Nike now has my shoes and the $$$$ I spent on them. This is stealing. No response from customer service. Horrible treatment.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike shoes and less than a week later the shoes were coming apart. Assuming the company was a standup company I put in a claim. Not only did they reject my claim, saying the shoes were exposed to excessive heat or moisture. What like I left them in the rain and baked them in the oven? Seriously, I have never seen such nonsense. I obviously paid for the shoes, paid to have the shoes returned for the claim, then I was told they would recycle the shoes? What you should say, that you will not stand behind your product and would prefer to destroy the product to find your flaws and shortcomings on developing a quality product! I will never purchase Nike again! So disappointed they did not stand behind their product.

Original review: July 5, 2019

In 2018 I bought pair of Nike Running shoes from Nordstrom. I was looking for high end shoes and paid 120 dollars for Nike Air Zoom. After few months the sole starting wearing down and after 12 months the sole was completely gone from one side and torn at bottom. This has never happened with any of my shoes before. When I called Nike they said that since this was manufactured in Jan 2017 and been more than 2 years, they won’t be able to return it. I told them that I bought in Apr 2018 as a new shoes. They refused to listen. After this I have decided never to buy anything. Nike - overpriced, poor quality and bad quality.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I have been an avid customer of Nike for going on 25 years. I buy new shoes every month just about. I ordered a rare color scheme shoe for my girlfriend's special birthday from Nike that they and only Finish Line had in stock. The order said that it would get to me within 5-7 days. 6 days in and USPS notifies me that her package was there so I raced home to get it before she found yet. But... when I got home, there was no package. I called Nike immediately to have a customer service rep apologize and tell me that USPS actually lost the package aka probably stolen. He said that he would ship out the same order immediately and have it overnight shipped to make it in time for my girlfriend's birthday as she has wanted these shoes for some time.

I call back after another 5 full days of hearing and seeing nothing. A new customer service rep said that nothing in my notes says that there was another package on its way. I was extremely upset and asked for a manager. No manager was around. Shocking. And she said that she would offer me a refund. Even a refund wouldn't help with the issue Nike has now caused me but I accepted it. What do you know. Another 4 days go by and no refund. I call back today for the 2nd full hour I've been on the phone with them (should send them an invoice for my time) and she said she finally issued a refund. No offer of a discount, no sending the shoes on top of this massive ** up.

With how big Nike is and the experience they just gave to me they should be offering a refund and shipping the shoes out since their systems and processes are obviously broken and the customer shouldn't be the one paying the price. I will never be shopping at Nike again for how they handled this issue. Should always make your customers happy as you never really know how much reach the customer on the phone has with social media in 2019.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Purchased Nike Run Swift Men's running shoe two weeks ago at Famous Footwear. 70 year old, light jogger while walking dog. Brilliant new shoelace with tiny little abrasive pieces woven in. Lace stays tied..but...they saw right through the tongue of the show. What a joke. I remember when Nike was the go to brand. Now they are just middle of the road junk with a life of two weeks. This was a terrible investment.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Worst customer service. They do not give a damn about the customer. They do not help you with anything. BAD BAD BAD service and the supervisor are very bad and they told me the I can go and do whatever I want and they do not want to help me.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My last pair of Nike's lasted years. No holes and just finally arch gave out. Bought this pair, was so comfy. Left shoe developed hole on top right. Then brushed against something and right ripped. Called. They would give me 15% off of Nike.com. I can buy Nike at DSW or Nordstroms Rack for less. They didn't care. I will post pics on my Facebook. Really that big of company. The material they used on these they must have had problems. Should be Lemon law for them too.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I purchased some Nike Tennis Shoes for my daughter and within two months, they had developed a hole in the toe area. This was from normal use while playing tennis. Obviously, any quality shoe should not develop a hole in them after only two months of normal use, so we filed a warranty claim with Nike. We had to spend $16 dollars shipping from the Bay Area in Northern California to the warranty address at Nike, which was the cheapest cost available (and unreasonably high). I received a quick rejection to my claim, stating this was normal wear and tear. They left no way for me to respond to them. I faxed two letters successfully to their Corporate Office and didn't receive the courtesy of a reply. We are now all done with Nike in this family, since they do not stand by the quality of their product.

Original review: May 20, 2019

About 2 weeks ago was placing an order on the Nike site and they ran my card 6 times and only 5 of them fell off, the other one posted. Called Nike and they said will fall off in 7 days and it's been 2 weeks, still no resolution, very upset with their customer service and lack of help when calling or chatting with an team member.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike volleyball shoes, size 13 for my 6'2" 15 year old daughter. She wore them for a couple of months and said that her toes on her right foot were hurting her. I took out the insoles from both shoes and compared them. The one in the right shoe was noticeably smaller. I submitted a claim to Nike to get a new set of insoles, which they said they don't provide and that I'd have to send the shoes in for a full warranty review (claim **). After a few days, I received a denial notice that there was no manufacturing defect, it was normal wear & tear.

I called back and spoke to a representative and asked for a re-evaluation on the shoes, particularly the insoles as it was an obvious flaw. Two days later, another email denying the claim again as normal wear & tear. Come on now Nike... Please explain how having two different sized insoles is in any way normal? This could have been an easy, low cost fix. Instead, you have an upset mom & customer who tried to do the right thing, the right way. Thank you for returning the shoes. They will now be thrown in the garbage as unusable. We'll be looking at Adidas and Mizuno for volleyball shoes going forward as Nike doesn't seem to want to back their product as they claim to for issues that are clearly a Nike flaw.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike Legend Reacts, and run in them twice-weekly, which is the only time they see any use (always on an indoor track), and yet after 2 months, there are holes all over the netting of the shoe, with a large rip by the laces of one where the shoe is actually coming apart. The blue color is also turning strangely yellow in areas, even though they aren't worn outside. Least durable pair of shoes I've ever owned, with no real additional performance or comfort.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have run with Nike shoes for decades. I wear them socially as well. Over the past few years, I have become hooked on Nike custom designs. Unfortunately, things have changed. Nike custom-designs no longer support a wide shoe. I wear a 9 wide. For the second time, I ordered a 10 medium because custom shoes are no longer available in wide. They don't fit. Furthermore, almost all of the noncustom shoes have a white sole. White soles were stylish about ten years ago--I had many pairs with white soles. Nike is known for being more fashion conscious than fit conscience (of course, performance depends on fit, unless one advertises differently), but it is time to go beyond white-only soles. I guess I will have to learn loyalty to a new company.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have been a long-time Nike consumer, and have always worn one brand of shoe, the Air Max. For the very first time in over 20 years of wearing the same brand, the current pair that I have had a rip open up all along the front of it in less than 6 months of light wear. I only wear it once a week for light walking. Less than six months!!! The other times I have worn this brand, it took years and years before they were worn down enough for me to change them! I returned it to Nike, they just got back to me saying that it was due to "normal wear and tear" and not taking any responsibility of it being a defective product. I haven't changed my lifestyle at all, but I'm being blamed? Why should I stay loyal to a company that doesn't stand by their product?

Original review: April 8, 2019

Bought many shirts at a Nike store that is well over 100 KMs from my house - when I got home, I realized that one of the shirts still have their theft prevention tag attached. I called store, their solution is for me to drive the 200+ KMs roundtrip so that they can fix their mistake - not an option in my eyes. Did an online chat on nike.com - they can't help, tell me to talk to the store. Tried Twitter and Facebook - again, both are telling me to go to the store. The value of the shirt is $50. 2+ hours of driving, gas, wear and tear they are asking me to do so they can fix their mistake is a non-starter. Thank you Nike for letting me waste $50 on a shirt I cannot wear!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Sent in my shoe because the glue has separated from the sole and the shoe on the inner part of my Nike Air Max, and they sent it back pointing to the bubble being cracked saying it not defective. Where I showed reps at footlocker and co workers and clearly whoever inspected them should not be working at Nike. Or they need to be trained. I don't have this issue with New Balance or Puma but Nike seems to be high priced and no help when it comes to a defective matter on their part.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of custom color Nike shoes (February 2019). The one that was absolutely unsatisfactory was ordered to have a red top alternately described by Nike as either Cherry Red or Crimson Red. Online and as printed from the site, the color looks like the Red as labeled to my naked eye. When the shoes arrived the color didn't match the color shown at all. Nowhere close. In fact, everyone who looks at the shoe and I ask what color it looks like to them has NOT mentioned Red once. Everyone every time (and I didn't prep or lead them by prefacing my question by mentioning they're supposed to be red) doesn't see Red. When I ask them what color they see the most frequent descriptions are Orange, Neon Orange, Hot Orange. The color is so far from red to be laughable.

I made calls to Nike. The first customer service person pushed back by saying that there are sometimes differences between how the/a color looks on the site, prints out on your printer and what it looks like in reality. His answer was immediate and I suspect that's because this has happened before. AND, if it has happened before, I would expect Nike to make the appropriate adjustment to its color dye or not present it falsely which is what they did in reality. I would expect them to adjust as needed so their advertised color matches reality; give that as much attention as they try to do with their engineering of the shoe in terms of its functionality - especially given the cost!

My second call got a bit more attention to my complaint, however, pretty much said the same thing - the colors sometimes don't come out how they look online (again, they obviously know that and they keep making this option available which they can't meet for whatever 'lame' reason). I sent them pictures of the shoes standing alone, the shoes next to other things red. They still didn't acknowledge what I think is their responsibility - people sell clothes, watches, etc., online and make sure that what you see is what you get.

Nike offered 3 things; return the shoes for a full refund, keep the shoes and get part of the price removed, keep the shoes and get promotional discount on my next purchase. I have kept the shoes and accepted the refund of part of my purchase price because I can still use them accepting that they aren't what they should be.

So, let the buyer beware if you're ordering custom colors. I wouldn't trust that what you see online is what you'll receive. And you shouldn't expect Nike to fully accept their terrible effort to customize according to your order. After many years as a runner who actually respects Nike's engineering (along with one of their competitors), I won't be buying their products any time soon. While it could be argued you're buying the shoe for how well it works as a running shoe so color shouldn't matter, it's my argument if Nike offers a custom colored shoe at the price they charge ($165.00), it should have the capacity to make it happen. They obviously don't. A terrible corporate response for an egregious mistake that Nike apparently is pretty comfortable continuing.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been buying Nike shoes since 80s. Last January I bought a pair, light no running, no extreme sport, no daily use. Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt because the past experience. This is what they look like after 4 time I wore them.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My wife has always wanted Nike sneakers. I have bought many pairs for her in the past. I'm very disheartened by the poor quality and lack of longevity in recent years. The last pair I bought was Nike Shox NZ. She wears them normally. No running, no jogging, and never plays basketball. But yet the soles have separated from the uppers in less than 6 months. After seeing what happened in the NC game I thought I should add my two cents of unhappiness with Nike products. It's a shame because they have made good products but obviously they don't anymore. Very sad!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I purchased 2 pairs of these shoes in 2018 and both pairs of holes by the toes in each shoe within 4 months and I wear only with jeans...NO RUNNING OR WORKOUT OF ANY TYPE. The quality is terrible and now I have app. $400 in shoes with holes. Nike is not returning at this point because I don’t have box or receipts - why would I keep when I loved them and they fit? Well shame on me - but you...don’t purchase!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

FYI...Nike does not stand by its product as they believe that $200 shoes worn less than 6 months is the customer's fault when they feel shoes have abnormal wear. Nike does not take responsibility and rather blames its customer for abnormal wear. Perhaps Nike expects their customers to buy shoes and not wear them. Check out Today's formal response received from Nike..."the problem appears to be caused by normal wear and tear or excessive outsole wear. Unfortunately, this is not considered a material or manufacturing flaw and all inspector decisions are final." Unbelievable. Stay away from buying their product unless you wish to take full responsibility and risk injuries due to their substandard products.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Bought 2 pair of Nike bball shoes for my son, playing high school bball in a top Baltimore area league. Kyrie Flytrap- top lace eyelet pulled right out of the shoe after 2 weeks of preseason practice. Sole was also peeling off the bottom. Kyrie 4- 3 weeks of play and the sole off both shoes was dramatically peeling off, not in just a small spot. Two other teammates had the SAME shoe with the sole peeling off exactly the same way. Now we have the Zion Nike blowout. I called Nike customer service to complain, they basically said "oh well." Sent them an email, no reply. No more Nikes for us.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike B Flex Contact Shoes for my 10 year old son for Christmas from Academy Sports. He started wearing them on Dec 25, 2018, and by January 20, 2019, there was a hole in the right toe (25 days of normal wear). I contacted Academy Sports and they told me to contact Nike directly. I did so and returned the shoes for inspection. They inspected them and returned them to me with no replacement or credit and said the hole was from wear and tear. I have 2 boys and they have never gone through a pair of sneakers in 25 days! I will never buy a Nike shoe again!

Nike Company Information