Nike

Compare Sporting Goods Stores

Research top Sporting Goods Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a pair of Nike Huarache baseball cleats for my son and spent over a hundred dollars through East Bay. He wore them a few months. The max air in the bottom of the shoe deflated and leaked water making it not wearable. Because they are a mesh shoe, the manufacturers number was printed on a tag that often gets torn of. Nike refused to do anything. Customer service used to be amazing. When you spend that much money on shoes, you expect them to stand by it. Switching to other brands. Very disappointed!

I have bought Nike Flyknit Airmax 620469 in the month of May 2016 from Finish Line Chicago. I have hardly used them for about two months for morning walks. I am shocked to see Nike shoes are coming of this inferior quality. The shoes are worn only because of inferior quality of cloth used inside and manufacturing defect. I have shared the picture of the shoes which clearly shows the shoes are maintained well but only due to poor manufacturing it got worn so badly. When contacted Nike, They gave a standard reply that "It's above six months of purchase so we cannot do anything." If I start using the shoes it will be completely worn from inside due to bad quality material used inside. I am hardcore fan of NIKE for years and this was never expected from such a reputed brand. I think this will be the last pair of Nike I have bought. I understand each nike shoes have a unique ID and can be tracked when and where it was purchased.

I purchased a pair of Air Thea running shoes before going on vacation just over a year ago. These shoes have been used occasionally since that time. Recently the back of the inside of the shoe has come apart and a piece of plastic is sticking out and cuts your foot when you wear them. After contacting customer service and paying postage twice to have the shoes inspected, Nike had initially advised me that this is normal due to excessive wear, but after challenging that, I have been told that it was caused by "inside friction".

Nike's response has been to offer a discount on another pair of shoes, and they do not care that the quality and workmanship does not support the price of these shoes. This has not been my first pair of Nike shoes, but given the many other companies that offer casual running shoes, Nike should not assume that customers will make the same mistake twice.

I bought my Nike air Max from the local sports store. I had them 1 month and the sole wore. Paid $200.00. Above the sole there are air pockets. Well, after a month they were leaking. But I didn't learn my lesson. I order a pair of 178.00 ACG's (black). The entire sole separated from the boots. I didn't complain, because I read others end results. I'll just NEVER purchase a pair of Nikes again! Buyer beware. They are garbage, and don't last!!!

I once ordered some Nike air max's 95 with next day delivery and it took them over a week to deliver. I kept on contacting Nike and apparently they got lost in transit after over a week. These were for a occasion and I'm still furious to this day. smh kmt bmt

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nike?

I purchased a pair of Nike Free Rn Flyknit sneakers on 1/4/17 at a local Dicks Sporting Goods, specifically for running. I primarily run on a treadmill as the area I reside has some adverse weather part of the year. Every time I use them I get HORRIBLE electrical shocks. These shocks are very uncomfortable. I believe the fabric from the shoe is causing this. I have never experienced anything like this before using these sneakers. I have tried various treadmills and am still experiencing this. I paid quite a bit of money for the sneakers $130 and have used and trusted the Nike brand in the past so am very disappointed and upset about this. I am nervous about getting on the treadmill as I dread the painful shocks.

I called Nike for a refund and was told there was no defect and no compensation or reimbursement could be given. The supervisor stated, "I could send the shoes back but my claim would be denied since there wasn't a problem with the shoe, that it must be from dry air in the winter." The other Nike representative stated those shoes are "not running shoes and shouldn't be used on the treadmill." I did not see any label or notification of this anywhere. They were sold under running shoes and I tested them in the store! Buyer beware and hope you don't get injured, the shocks are so bad you could easily mis-step and get injured. They should be recalled!!!

Stay away from Nike's footwear. I have bought Nikes since I was 17, I am now 40. I recently bought a pair of Nike runners for 200 only to last 4 weeks. When I rang customer support they haven't been helpful at all and look for any avenue to not help you because I've lost my receipt. They don't care who keeps a receipt. So my advice is since the factory has moved overseas the quality has gone out the door. If you pay your workers peanuts you get monkeys. Stay away. You'll regret spending the money.

Spent a little over $250 for Nike soccer cleats for my 16 y.o. son. 2 weeks later, the shoe separated from the sole during a soccer tournament. Less than 30 days from purchase, I followed the online directions to return and make a claim with Nike. One day after Nike was in receipt of the cleats, they claimed that the cleats' defect was due to normal wear and tear.

I called to speak with a "supervisor", whose job is to make me complacent. Although there were photos of the shoes in my account and the cust service rep that I spoke with said "I wear these cleats all the time, they should not have done that", the supervisor continued to stand by the min wage worker that "examined" the shoe. Then he figured he would offer me a 20% off coupon -- as if I would give them another dollar for another piece of crap product. That was neglectful on Nike's part and shameful. Problem is that Nike doesn't care about my customer satisfaction. My warning to you -- if you work hard for your money and don't want to buy $250 cleats every month - skip Nike.

One more caveat -- when placing an online claim with Nike, there is an option to have your product returned to you after inspection or recycled. I chose the recycled option (what else was I going to do with torn cleats). The supervisor went on to tell me that since I chose to have the cleats recycled after my claim was reviewed, that it was my fault that the shoes couldn't be re-examined. Really? Besides the fact that there are photos under my acct on the claim, Nike is going to turn around and "blame" me with some BS excuse that I created the issue. So, don't choose to have the item recycled. It's just another way for them to get around accountability.

Air max bubble popped within 6 months. No help, only 20% off. According to Nike basically the way I walk/run deflated the shoes before 6 months. They said the rubber wore down on one side and caused the bubble to pop. I paid 220 dollars for Nike fly kit shoes that were meant for running.

I buy athletic shoes every few months... I am a FedEx driver and run a lot. Looking for a quality shoe isn't easy. I used to buy all my shoes at Kohl's. Unfortunately Nike is the only brand shoe who doesn't offer discounts... ALL NIKE SHOES SUCK. If it sprinkles outside or the shoes get a little wet they just fall apart. I had my last pair for all of 3 months... They were comfortable, looked stylish... but they just don't last. You would think at $80-$100 a pop you would get a better shoe. I was running across a yard and the bottom of one shoe (the WHOLE BOTTOM) came right off. I had to duct tape it together to make it through the day... What else can you do when you have a schedule to keep. Thanks a lot NIKE for crappy shoes!

I bought a Nike basketball shoes. Both bottom of soles unattached after maybe two years. It is a quality issue because you can see the top of shoes are in good condition. I don't buy Nike and Adidas anymore.

I bought a pair of Nike sneakers for my 14 year old son 6 months ago... The kind with the air bubble in the heel. 6 mos later both of the soles have holes worn in them and one of the air bubbles has popped. When I sent it to the Nike "quality inspectors" I was told "We've determined that the issue is a result of normal wear and tear. With that, we can't consider this a material or manufacturing flaw, per our return guidelines, and we're unable to issue a product voucher." Well if Nike says that their shoes should only last 6 months with normal wear and tear then I think I'll be looking into higher quality brands. No accountability for quality standards.

I am an avid walker in my 40's. I purchase at least 3-4 new pairs of athletic shoes for walking a year because I wear them out. The ladies Nike shoes I purchased from Finish Line began to hurt my feet after 1 month. The material the shoes were made of began stretching out causing my feet to pinched between insoles & sides of shoe. I was getting blisters on the outside edge of my feet on both sides. I sent them back to Nike claims at my own expense, was denied & I was told by customer service I do not know how to buy the proper size shoes. I questioned her as to why the shoes didn't do this when they were new only after they started stretching out & she could only keep repeating I do know how to buy the proper size shoes.

I have bought Nike shoes before and many other brands, not once has this ever happened to me. You would think after all these years I would know how to buy a pair of shoes that fit me. Thanks for your help Nike, not only am I out the $80 for the shoes but also shipping costs & you justified that by saying my shoes were donated to a good cause. I never expected new shoes but I thought you would at least stand behind your product & offer half off the purchase of new pair thru your website. Never again Nike!

In early August 2016, our family purchased the Nike Roshe for my 14 year old son. He has only been wearing them for right at a month. Today, he comes home from school and says, "Mom please don't be mad. I really didn't do it." The whole toe of the right shoe has come apart at the seam. I got on Nike's website to see what I could do. I must have the receipt for a return. I'm not sure who keeps receipts for 2 years (the length of time Nike supposedly warrants their products), but it isn't me. When the product has been used, the receipt goes in the trash. After reading the other reviews on here, it wouldn't have done me any good to send them back anyway. We will not be buying Nike again anytime soon. The old saying you get what you pay for has never applied to Nike in my opinion, but it does now. Shame on Nike for charging such high prices for such low quality products.

I bought a new Nike golf polo shirt and paid close to $90.00 for it. It looks really cool, but the shirt is already falling apart and I have only had it for a week. I love the look, but I will not be purchasing another Nike Golf polo any time soon.

I purchased a pair of Nike Air Max running shoes for $107 from the Finish Line. I WALKED in them 4 times before I noticed that the air came out of one of the shoes. I went back to Finish Line and they told me I had to contact Nike directly which I did. I went through the process of mailing back the shoes for $13 at my cost. I received a response stating that the air bubble appeared to be sliced and there was nothing they could do for me... they could not repair or give me a credit to purchase another pair. They were kind enough to mail the shoes back to me in which I cannot wear. So for $120 NIKE lost my families business which is a shame because I USED to purchase my son's AIR Jordans for his High School's basketball team, Nike cleats for his football team and Nike cleats for his baseball team and I have 2 boys in those sports... not to mention the everyday shoes for the family.

WE WERE definitely a NIKE family... this really got under my skin especially when I called back to AIR out my situation. All I was told was that "We would look into this one more time" and they would get back to me. They promptly sent me a note stating once again this was my fault and there was nothing they could do. Well, there's something I can do... I've been spreading the word and will begin purchasing competitor shoes for my family. It's a shame because I have NEVER had an issue before and I truly like their product, apparently they have downgraded their customer service and feel that NIKE is above the rest and can afford to lose a few customers here and there.

I bought a pair of Nike woman's athletic shoes priced at 75.00. They began to rip at the front seams within a few months of wearing them, even though I did not wear them every day. I went to Kohl's to return them and all I got for credit was $23.00! I like NIKE shoes because of their comfort and the many styles and colors available, however, reading some other reviews, seems like the quality of the shoes is not as good as it used to be.

I ordered a pair of Air Jordan 11 Low "Closing Ceremony" and they came to me with scuffs and scratches on the gold patent leather as well as a #25 engraved in the back part of the gold patent leather, which should not be there. I paid $170 for these and it was very disappointing to see these sneakers with scratches and scuffs and especially that #25 engraved on the back of the left sneaker. I really like the sneakers and want to keep them but that's not right that I received a pair of Jordans that are scratched and have scuffs when they're brand new. Jordan brand and or Nike has to fix this issue because that's ridiculous. I would like to see if I can get the same sneakers but a different pair without these flaws or get at least $170 in Nike store credit.

I bought a pair of sneakers for my daughter. They had a clear defect. I sent them to NIKE and made a claim which they denied. Anyone who sees the shoes knows the problem was not caused by wear. When I called to challenge the claim they said they were sorry but the sneakers were sent to be recycled so we cannot review the claim. They offered me a 20% off coupon. The reason for this review is that I had thought NIKE was a company who stood behind the quality of their product. That they were ethical and unique in this way... but I was wrong. They are just like any other company who denies responsibility when they ship defective goods.

I have pictures to back up my claim but of course do not have the sneakers. A very sad day for me... I manufacture goods for consumers for living. We are a small company and cannot afford to take back goods if there are issues but we do because it's the right thing to do. My daughter is 21 years old and has been wearing sneakers her whole life. This has never happened to another pair... and these are only months old!!! See pics attached. Really? Two identical holes in each shoe in same exact spot where plastic broke through and cut her foot. This is normal wear? Shame on you NIKE! A huge disappointment.

Nike denied my claim for a NIKE+FUELBAND that did not even work in the first place. I will never buy another product from them in the future and hope they go down in flames regarding their stores and business. Good Luck NIKE. Hope you fail in the future. Not going to get any more business from me!!! And I got a lot of friends!

I have bought six pair of socks and out of the 6 only 1 actually had any durability to it. They all mirrored each other and all the rights to each one, split in the same places as the right of each one. They were not made properly which is probably why I don't see them on the market anymore. I still paid an awful lot for some socks that were not up to the high standards set by Jordan and the NIKE family. Please let me return them for other socks please or send them to me. Thank you.

I bought some black slippers with the Nike check on top black and white because I always wanted one. Never better for them finally bought them and they have destroyed my feet. I have all kind of callous and my fat toe. I am very disappointed to find out that a very expensive high quality slippers can do this to your feet. I would love to get refund and have my feet back to normal. Thank you for whoever is reading this.

My son buys a lot of Nike apparel. Never any problems until now. Bought a large boys' Nike Tshirt at Kohl's. Tried it on before purchase and fit fine. Took it home and washed it. It shrunk so small I don't think my 6 year old nephew could wear it. Have never had Nike Tshirt shrink like this before. Tag says Egyptian cotton. Don't know if they have had a bad batch of shirts or what is going on. My son is upset since he spent his hard earned money on this shirt.

Bought the shoes around 2014 and I haven't used it until recently. So far the shoes are really comfy at all... I used it today for my first fun run. It got wet inside out due to the rain... got glitters and color in it. After the run, I decided to rinse it off with water. But it surprised me that the rubber that has color started to fade (as seen on the pic). Didn't scratch it or what, don't know the cause of it also. Kinda disappointed though.

My 21 year old son bought my husband $200 sneakers for Christmas. Sneakers are supposed to have a 2 year return policy for problems in workmanship. These sneakers were worn twice when the design part which is a white almost net type cloth design turned yellow. The rest of the shoe is perfect. We sent them back and paid $20 to return them and were told we would be reimbursed and for postage and the shoes. I only asked for a replacement of the shoe they offered a gift card. After a few weeks we received an e mail saying there was some corrosive substance exposed to the sneaker! SERIOUSLY??? I called again and they said they would look at them again and said the same thing again. They say we washed the sneakers (lie) and they smell like laundry detergent. So, what they are saying is they don't smell foot odor because they were only worn twice?

I'm really mad because $200 is a lot for a 21 year old to spend and Nike charges a crazy amount for their products. They are a terrible company to go to with a problem. I wish I could get "Samantha" back on the phone who told me they would be covered as well as the postage! The company is awful, we have many Nike products. They will not get another dime out of me. Here is the last response, I assure you nothing came in contact with the shoes. "Thank you for contacting us regarding your product claim. Per you request I completed a review of the inspection, including a few photos the inspection team attached for reference. I can confirm the shoes do not have a material or workmanship flaw. Rather, the discoloration is the result of something the product came into contact with. Therefore, after careful consideration we stand by the Inspector's original findings and are unable to consider the product for compensation."

I bought the Huarache. They are the worst. Even though they super expensive on top, they break at the back of it.

Ordered a Nike Flyknit shoes online and those were horrible shoes I have ever bought. I returned them on may 20/2016 and it's been more than a month and I haven't received my refund. This is damn horrible customer service. One thing I have decided is never to buy any stuff from Nike ever in my life. Horrible service. This is plain disaster nobody even cares. I feel Under Armour is much better. I'll never buy from Nike again, learnt a lesson. Thank you Nike for teaching a wonderful lesson.

I got my first ever sports bra from Nike as a gift from my brother. It was a simple pink one. Despite the fact that it was a bit pricy, I chose to buy from them because I believed that they sell quality items. I have been using it for three years now and it's still in great condition. Although it's not the only one I've been using, I'd still say it's of pretty good quality as it still looks and wears almost like it's brand new. It's definitely worth it. When I've a little extra on my savings, maybe I could go back and get myself another one with a fancier design. :-)

I've always been a fan of Nike. I love my frees, air max and roshes because my feet are most comfortable when I wear them. Recently, we've been to Japan and was able to chance upon these Nike Huaraches at a very affordable price. My husband and I decided to buy them and it was the best decision we've made that time! They were the most comfortable shoes we've ever worn. We used them right away and definitely wore them the whole time we were in Japan. There was a lot of walking when we were in Japan so the Huaraches made it absolutely easier for our feet to endure those long walks. This pair of shoes is a must-have especially if you love to travel or walk a lot.

While I was in your official Nike showroom, I found that there were extremely less varieties in the girls section and all the shoes were not at all of tough look and were a lot kiddish and stupid (pink, blue, etc). I would like you to think of it this way: all the girls who are actually willing to spend rs 10,000-20,000 on sport shoes are girls who are sporty and tough and want to buy shoes which actually suit their personality. Moreover, there are not much varieties in designs or price range. I had strive a lot and double my budget, just because you people cannot keep all the sizes. I will never prefer to go in a Nike showroom again because of such an experience which I had to face. While on the other hand there were a lot of varieties in the boys section but your smallest size for boys is 7 which does not fit 75% of the girls who are shopping in Nike. Next time I would rather go for Puma, Reebok or Adidas.

Nike Company Profile