1.25/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 21, 2018

383 Nike Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

First off, I’m usually a big Nike fan. Purchased a lot with no problem. But this Tech Fleece Aeroloft parka/jacket I bought in December started to fall apart 2-3 weeks after I bought it. Down feathers are sticking out everywhere; through the tech fleece jacket breathing holes throughout the entire jacket. I had no intentions of returning it since I trust Nike products to be made of quality. So I have don’t know where my receipt is. I called Nike and they told me to go back to the Nike store I bought it from. They told me the jacket had since gone on sale and selling for much less than what I paid for.

I didn’t want a refund. I just wanted an exchange for another Nonfaulty one because I actually really like the style of jacket. They said there is no more stock in store and can’t do anything about it. I was really surprised. Nike for sure still has it in their warehouse but was told they operate separate from Nike.com which I find ridiculous. I didn’t even end up taking the money since the offer was much less than the price I paid just a few weeks prior. I just want an exchange for a nondefective product. Simple request which I am surprised Nike can’t do.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought a pair of Nike shoes on 15/12/2017. A hole developed in 2 month's time. I informed the company on 14/02/2018. The shoes were only used for casual wear. The company didn’t find it to be a manufacturer defect and refused to replace. Although it was within warranty period. My plea is that the poor material used in manufacturing shoes is also responsibility of the company.

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Every time we buy a pair of cleats from Nike, they pull apart at the bottom after 3-6 months wear. No matter whether they cost $75 or $300, they are still awful. Nike supposedly warranties them but that process requires the consumer to pay to ship the cleats to Nike for them to determine if they were defective. Then, if they do determine they are defective, Nike typically offers a $75 voucher which can be used to purchase merchandise on their very expensive website. So the compensation is not great plus if you are forced to buy new cleats before the return process is completed and the refund is issued (because it's hard to play soccer without cleats), you have to wait to use the voucher on a future order.

It is their way of getting dissatisfied customers to keep buying from them. This most recent time, I let them know that I needed cleats immediately for my daughter, whose cleats broke in season. In a chat session, I expressed concern about paying for the cleats and then receiving store credit for the returned cleats after I already pair for the new cleats. The customer service rep told me they'd give us expedited shipping so she'd have the new cleats in time for her next soccer event and then I'd get a refund rather than store credit. Yet, when we got the refund, it was for two $75 vouchers. I contacted Nike and they said they didn't give me store credit, they gave me $150 worth of vouchers, which I'd used as payment for the returned defective cleats.

They indicated that store credit and vouchers were different, and pointed out that the rep said I wouldn't receive store credit. So they basically tricked me because the chat rep had my invoice and knew all along how I'd paid for the defective cleats that I returned. Basically, Nike was fine with my being out the $220 I'd spent on the new cleats to replace the returned defective cleats.

They assured me that the vouchers don't expire and I could use them on a future purchase. You can imagine how excited it made me that they have given me the opportunity to continue to buy their subpar products and deal with their passive aggressive customer service team that tonight kept making me repeat the details for an hour on chat before transferring me to a supervisor that then kept me on chat for another hour before denying my request but thanking me for my input which they valued because it helps with future customer experiences. Ironically, we have another pair of broken/defective cleats sitting in a closet from another daughter. Really no point in paying to ship those back for evaluation and another cheesy voucher...

Original review: April 14, 2018

My recent order was for two pairs of Converse high top. One is great the other has been used and has many issues. Staining and marks on sole and on shoes. Silver marker writing also. I contacted them for a replacement. First the rep said no problem and both were still in stock. I told them I need to return one pair only and will have to return first. I said ok. A few mins later the rep told me they then were out of stock the pair I want to exchange and can only get a refund. He said I can reorder again later... and provided me with a 15% off for them. I used a 30% for this order mind you and he basically said too bad.

I then checked online to see if they have a similar pair and lo and behold, the ones that was supposed to be out of stock is still in stock. I waited a week or so later and checked a few times and still in stock. What a crook and liar. Sending me a defective and used pair (which you can tell has been returned a few times) then lied. Nice shoes but horrible people.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My card was hacked to buy 2 pair of shoes totaling ~$700. I contacted Nike.com as soon as I saw the purchases on my bank account. At the time one of the charges was still pending. The girl made me feel good because she took my information and said they would start an investigation. Well then they sent an email stating sorry for the delay, but the purchases were made already so there was nothing they could do. Really?!? They know who bought the shoes and where they were sent. And they did nothing. By the way, my son has around 20 pairs of Nike’s that I bought legally. Never again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nike?

Original review: March 12, 2018

If you buy something from Nike good for you BUT if you buy something and there's an issue or anything that will require you to talk to customer service then good luck to you! Just for some $100 voucher I received few years ago and trying to apply it to my order I have been on phone call for hours, countless amount of time. Not to mention how many times the customer service just dropped the phone call on me OR places me on hold and then drops me again.

I have been more than nice this past few weeks but now I will be going all nuts and will it be worth it to Nike? Nope, for some simple issue. I am compiling a portfolio to sue Nike and how many times I have been dropped and all the support messages including the proof for every single one. After researching it seems that I am right about this review and NIKE only cares about their branding and profits, not its employees or customers. Their brand is the only reason they are still here but I will make sure at this moment that nobody I know will ever use this company.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I purchased these (Lebron Solider 11s) as well as for my 6 year old son - Not only mine but my son has same defect - the second strap becomes un-done simply by just walking!!! To spend a fair amount of money and as much money as these companies make you would think they would test products before selling them... Store that they were purchased from is of no help being the shoes have been worn - even though less than a month old!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

When you go to order they ask for all your information including billing and credit card information, then they say the sneaker in my case was not available. This is very disappointing as when I started the ordering process they stated it was available. I really have a problem giving out my credit card info then being told, "SORRY. ITEM Not AVAILABLE". I do not give out my information until I know I am ordering, this makes me feel very uncomfortable using this site.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I generated a label on Nike.com for free, and returned everything in the order, tags attached. This was over a month ago. For a $124 order, I was lied to about the status of the return, placed on hold over 45 minutes, was told it was "escalated" to an elite team three times, hung up on, disconnected from chat, was told to return to the store, you name it. I will return everything I buy from them until they can get it right.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

In less than one month of purchase. Shoes (Nike Lunar Fingertrap Shoes) wore a 50 cent size hole in heel. Nike had me send back (my cost) and Inspector Gadget sent back saying this was normal Wear and Tear caused by “Friction”. Well ladies and gentlemen of the jury, does any reasonable person think a brand new pair of shoes should last 1 month? Then Nike denies your claim with a templated Letter, then wants you to send to another ”Inspector”. Well I say “No”. Do not buy this piece of garbage shoe. Do not fall for their send back ploy. Look at the pic of normal wear.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Lousy product (Nike ID custom made shoes $140, falls apart after 3 days of wearing them), customer service is Horrible, took over 7 hours and 8 calls to reach a supervisor and still not sure that THE issue is resolved! Supervisors will not call you back. Customer service will not put you through to them. I originally called on December 22, 2017 today is January 11, 2018. Terrible experience and not a Satisfaction to be gained. The most they will give is a 10% refund and replacement shoes!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I've order the Foamposite Stucco size 9 from NIKE online and when I got them I was very upset. I wanted to cry. One shoe was a size bigger so 9 and a 9.5. They were supposed to be the same size a 9. I really wanted those shoes. Now I have to return them and get a refund because how NIKE mess up on an order that was so simple. So now there's no telling how the process is for getting a refund. I don't understand how NIKE be so sloppy and customer service is really terrible and the website just wrong. Never was like this.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I bought some Nike Airs from Footlocker not even 4 months ago. I spent 170 thinking "Oh I'll invest in some nice comfy shoes and I'll take care of them". I put them on and wear them at least 8 or 9 times and the air pocket on the bottom of the whole shoe is flat... Are you kidding? Is that what Nike is about selling their sweatshop shoes for a lot just so they will go out? I'm never buying Nike again unless they would be responsible and take care of my shoes for me. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone after that. PS I'm livid to spend 170 for the poorest quality shoe I could find. If I had the receipt I'd go back.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

This time of year GIFT CARDS are a big deal. My wife ordered one last evening. Today I ordered the same gift card not knowing she had already purchased it. Within an hour I contacted Nike and communicated with JHAY and the supervisor explaining what happened. They told me to "spend the card". They refused to cancel the gift card order. They were curt and rude. As a business owner I believe this is very POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. You should expect the same POOR CUSTOMER service should you find yourself in need of a resolution to a problem because this company NIKE is too big now and obviously DOESN'T CARE about the customer any longer. Consider another sneaker manufacturer or take your chances.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Ok so I've worn my Nike Huaraches like twice since I got them last Christmas, today is December 15, 2017. My husband got them a 1/2 size bigger since that's what was recommended he do for a perfect fit (for anyone)... When I tried putting them on, it was a nightmare but I gave it an opportunity to see if I wore them around the house they would break in. No luck that 1st try. My Achilles tendon was in So much pain, I had to give it another week, tried it again and couldn't make it through the day. I just couldn’t. Now I have a brand spankin’ new pair Huaraches just sitting in the closet. So disappointing. I want the red ones sooo bad because to me, the aesthetics are so hit! BUT SOO NOT WORTH THE RIPPING AGONIZING PAIN WHEN THAT STRAP IN BACK RUBS ON MY TENDON!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My grandson owned a pair of Huarache Nike shoes... men size mind you, and after wearing them for a month and half they tore on both sides in the same place. I filed a claim with Nike and returned the shoes. Nike sent me an email saying my claim was denied, due to normal wear and tear? Huh? I'm confused! How can that be! Any person In their right mind knows that a pair of Nike shoes should not tear after wearing them for a month and half. I can only conclude that Nike is a crook. They will take your money and not stand by their products! Don't spend your hard earned money I any Nike products! They don't stand by them!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Bought one of my players $200 cleats. The studs started snapping falling off after only one season of regular wear. These cleats stay on my bag, he puts them on and takes them off at the field and never wears them anywhere else. Nike is claiming this is normal wear and tear. How can it be normal for the studs to break and fall off when they're only worn on grass or turf, and only for one season? Never wasting money on Nike again if they consider that normal.

Resolution response: Dec. 10, 2017

I am writing a follow-up review from my past experience: I haven't spoken with anyone from Nike but, I have since received my other 2 pair of shoes. I appreciate them for making it right but I still would like to talk with someone.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I placed an order online the day after Thanksgiving for the 1st time at Nike.com, I was excited at the price I was paying for 3 pair of shoes using coupon code Epic25, which only discounted 2 of the 3 pair, even though they were the same style different colors, I was fine with that. My card was authorized for the total amount of $188.22. I was sent an email confirming the order. Later I was sent the tracking info, which said my package will be split into 2 shipments, however, I only received 1 tracking number.

I tracked the package via UPS, the status stated that it was waiting for carrier pickup 11.27-29.17. It wasn't until 11.30.17 that I received an email about the order, stating that the return I requested has been processed, now I'm worried because I haven't received anything. I contacted customer service to see what the problem was, I was under the impression that the item was out of stock. I was then informed by the CSR, that there was an issue with my address, the apartment # wasn't listed & that the order was en route to the warehouse, even though an unauthorized return was issued for 1 pair. The other 2 pair were somewhere. So, in the midst of all that, I checked my card saw that Nike had placed another authorization on my card causing an overdraft.

I stated to the CSR my concerns, she exchanged the 2 pair for the 1 that a return was being issued for because those are the ones I really wanted, I could have done without the other 2 pair but since those were discounted why not. I was also told that I would be credited the difference & to expect it within 3-5 business days, but the credit is going against the overdraft charge of $36 that was initiated by Nike, in addition to the credit for the 1 pair that was in the process of being returned. The CSR also stated that she would next day ship them out, okay cool.

Now, it's the next day & I still haven't received my shoes because the apartment # wasn't listed on the reorder that the CSR placed, and verified the complete address & apartment #, which leads me to believe I didn't screw up the 1st time. So now, FEDEX reached out to me stating that my package will be delivered Monday 12.4.17. I tried to contact Nike customer service chat, no response after 3 minutes of waiting, I issued a call back request, nothing as of yet & I was on hold for 38 minutes before the phone hung up & 28 minutes after trying to call the 1800 number. I'm so upset and I hope this review will help someone before going through what I went through.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Every year we order my daughter’s basketball shoes from Nike and wait and wait. This year was exceptionally poor. We ordered way ahead of time this year so we would get them before the 1st game. We talk to 3 cs reps and finally after a month the rep tells us they haven’t even made the shoes yet?! I asked why were we not informed right away about them not being able to make the shoes. He had no answer and was happy to just cancel the order for us!? Ridiculous poor service, poor ordering handling! I will never order Nike again!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I bought a Nike slippers on 10/10/2017 from a Nike showroom under Grand in Kolkata in Esplanade. Few days after use. I saw it had a stitching problem. It was within the warranty period. I took the slippers to the store for claim of the defect. They gave me a customer claim settlement slip and took the slippers on 8/11/2017. They gave me 7-10 days time. Now they are saying the company has rejected the claim. The store is saying me to take the defected shoe back. It was within the warranty period but still not changed. I am submitting the customer claim settlement slip and it's no because the original bill is with them now.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

When I called about a problem with a pair of shoes, I really figured I wouldn't get anywhere. But to my surprise, very helpful. Had me send them in for review. In few days had email stating they had found in my favor. Few days later I had certificate for new pair. First time I had ever been disappointed in Nike but they made it right. Thank you Nike Corp.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Just spent my last hundred dollars on Nike's. Have been trying to 'break them in' for the past week and it's not getting any better. Then it occurred to me to actually compare them to the ones I bought last year and the ones from six - eight years ago. Using a measuring tape around the toe bed just above the laces I discovered they are half an inch smaller. I don't know if it's in the width or depth but considering a toe isn't much taller than that it's apparent all the stretching and bending in the world isn't going to help. The ones I bought six - eight years ago are 5 1/2, they are 1/4" longer than the size six I've been buying. How much do they save cutting back just a tiny bit on materials? Probably a lot more than losing my lousy $100 bucks.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I never write reviews but my experience with Nike was the worst in my life. I had issues with my gift certificate, ordering online, then ordering by phone, then having my shipping delayed and then getting a refund. It was almost like they were trying to push me away as a customer. There are some many other easier options with better customer service. Do not use Nike to buy anything. I know I never will again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I bought two pairs of the NIKE AIR PEGASUS Bowerman Series shoes some years ago. I wore one of them and decided to save the other unworn pair for later. One month ago, the sole of the pair I had lightly used began crumbling and separated from the shoe. (See image, sole is completely separated of shoe) I thought I had done something wrong and decided to go and take out the "NEW UNUSED PAIR". SURPRISE! The sole of the UNWORN shoes was also beginning to come apart. (See 3 images, shoes have pink stripes)

I called NIKE, and they told me to go to the nearest retail store. Last week I finally found time to drive there (the store is 40 miles away, in Raleigh there are no NIKE "retail stores" and now I see why.) I get to the manager and show him my shoes (the new-coming apart without being worn, and the "used" shoes), and ask him to do something about this. He tells me there is nothing he can do, that he has had people come into the store at the request of the "NIKE customer service line", and that basically, their shoes are designed to come apart regardless of use or not, in a couple years.

I insist that he do something about this, he declares that he can see that the shoes are UNWORN and that they are coming apart, but claims that "all tennis shoe makers use this foam soles that disintegrate in two or three years no matter what". I show him my Clark walking shoes and tell him that I wear and abuse them almost every day. He says that "awww, Clarks are made differently..." He goes ahead to tell me that the customer service people were wrong to send me over to a store, and that there are protocols for sending in shoes to "review" by some "experts" at NIKE, but that he thinks I will be turned down because he has had "several" cases of people trying to return or make a claim on shoes that have had soles coming apart, and that all claims were simply declined by this trashy company.

Nevertheless, he advises to send the shoes to them, and he assures me that I will receive a prepaid label that will cover postage to send the "UNWORN NEW shoes with the soles coming apart" to NIKE. I return home and fill out a form, I get a label, but no postage paid by NIKE. So... Really? Besides the $70+ I paid for the trashy shoes do I need to pay another $15 to get your defective shoes back to you, not expecting to get any positive response? What kind of a company does not stand behind their defective products?

I will not spend one more penny on ANY Nike product, nor will my family. I just heard they are laying off people, no wonder why. SHAME on you NIKE. I feel betrayed and angry. I will make sure everyone I know here's what happened and sees the pictures of the UNWORN shoes coming apart, because of a flaw, or worse: an intentional design that leads to the disintegration of the soles in a short period of time... this is deceivingly devious. What a way to make a buck! SHAME on this trashy company!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I ordered a pair of Nike shoes (to India) and received them after 5 days. Due to size issues, I called their customer team (000800 100 9538) and immediately filed a return which they said will happen in another week. But, it didn't. So, I emailed them asking about the reason to which they replied saying "We do apologize for the trouble that our carrier didn't show up on the scheduled date. Please give us a call at 000800 100 9538 (24 hours a day) or you can do a chat support at **. We love to hear from you so we can reschedule the pick up of your item, do not hesitate to respond directly to this email. I'm always here to help."

I called them up and their team asked me to call the carrier myself and without asking me, she rescheduled the pickup for another date. I was really frustrated by that. When I raised this issue to their team, they replied saying that I was the one who called to reschedule the pickup. I raised this issue too. But, no response. The funny part? The carrier didn't show up on the re-rescheduled date also! Upon contacting the Nike team through their online chat support, I received no response again and they just re-re-rescheduled my picked for another date. Moral of the story: NEVER EVER BUY FROM NIKE ONLINE. THEY SUCK!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Bought my daughter soccer cleats, $360.00 which we thought was ok since her previous cleats lasted her at least 4 years, so we knew these would last her a while. It is now 8 months later and they are falling apart. The store won't take them back and I contacted Nike who gave me their number for Consumer Affairs department. Will update once I contact them to see what they plan on doing about this. As of now, I am PISSED!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Bought a new pair of Air Monarch about 6 months ago. They are very comfortable new and still six months later. The problem is the soles are falling off. Today is the second time I had to re-glue the soles back on. For the price of these sport shoes should last more than six months. I'm guessing this pair was made first thing Monday morning or the last pair on Friday afternoon. First Nike product we ever bought and probably the last.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I purchased a pair of Nike golf shoes last Nov. and didn't use them until Jan. They were purchased at Dick's. In August they fell apart while I was playing golf. The instep separated from the sole of both shoes. This created a dangerous situation as I could have easily tipped and suffered an injury. Both Nike and Dick's refused to do anything about this. Nike said the shoes were manufactured 2 years before I purchased them and their warranty did not have to cover them. The shoes should have lasted a lot longer and should not have become dangerous.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I used to work for nike in the 90's. I have been wearing the Nike monarchs for a very long time. The past 7 years the shoe quality has been getting worse. I am having problems finding a pair that do not squeak or make sounds with popped air soles. I just purchased two new pairs, first pair 2 days starting making noise, returned it, got second pair, after 1 week, making noise. I don't ever remember this happening before 7 to 8 years ago. In the past 3 years I have probably sent back at least 10 pair to Nike. That is horrible.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Bought my son a pair of black Nike Jordan's. He had them a couple of months and they faded from black to gray. I wrote the company a letter and they obviously didn't read it and mailed me back a generic letter not touching on any of the topics I wrote about. It looks as if they saw I mentioned a child in the letter and they then wrote back to a child, not an adult. What a waste of time. We buy so many Nike products for casual wear as well as sports. This was seriously a disappointment!

Nike Company Information