3.74/5

425 Nike Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2019

My last pair of Nike's lasted years. No holes and just finally arch gave out. Bought this pair, was so comfy. Left shoe developed hole on top right. Then brushed against something and right ripped. Called. They would give me 15% off of Nike.com. I can buy Nike at DSW or Nordstroms Rack for less. They didn't care. I will post pics on my Facebook. Really that big of company. The material they used on these they must have had problems. Should be Lemon law for them too.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I purchased some Nike Tennis Shoes for my daughter and within two months, they had developed a hole in the toe area. This was from normal use while playing tennis. Obviously, any quality shoe should not develop a hole in them after only two months of normal use, so we filed a warranty claim with Nike. We had to spend $16 dollars shipping from the Bay Area in Northern California to the warranty address at Nike, which was the cheapest cost available (and unreasonably high). I received a quick rejection to my claim, stating this was normal wear and tear. They left no way for me to respond to them. I faxed two letters successfully to their Corporate Office and didn't receive the courtesy of a reply. We are now all done with Nike in this family, since they do not stand by the quality of their product.

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2019

About 2 weeks ago was placing an order on the Nike site and they ran my card 6 times and only 5 of them fell off, the other one posted. Called Nike and they said will fall off in 7 days and it's been 2 weeks, still no resolution, very upset with their customer service and lack of help when calling or chatting with an team member.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike volleyball shoes, size 13 for my 6'2" 15 year old daughter. She wore them for a couple of months and said that her toes on her right foot were hurting her. I took out the insoles from both shoes and compared them. The one in the right shoe was noticeably smaller. I submitted a claim to Nike to get a new set of insoles, which they said they don't provide and that I'd have to send the shoes in for a full warranty review (claim **). After a few days, I received a denial notice that there was no manufacturing defect, it was normal wear & tear.

I called back and spoke to a representative and asked for a re-evaluation on the shoes, particularly the insoles as it was an obvious flaw. Two days later, another email denying the claim again as normal wear & tear. Come on now Nike... Please explain how having two different sized insoles is in any way normal? This could have been an easy, low cost fix. Instead, you have an upset mom & customer who tried to do the right thing, the right way. Thank you for returning the shoes. They will now be thrown in the garbage as unusable. We'll be looking at Adidas and Mizuno for volleyball shoes going forward as Nike doesn't seem to want to back their product as they claim to for issues that are clearly a Nike flaw.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike Legend Reacts, and run in them twice-weekly, which is the only time they see any use (always on an indoor track), and yet after 2 months, there are holes all over the netting of the shoe, with a large rip by the laces of one where the shoe is actually coming apart. The blue color is also turning strangely yellow in areas, even though they aren't worn outside. Least durable pair of shoes I've ever owned, with no real additional performance or comfort.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nike?

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have run with Nike shoes for decades. I wear them socially as well. Over the past few years, I have become hooked on Nike custom designs. Unfortunately, things have changed. Nike custom-designs no longer support a wide shoe. I wear a 9 wide. For the second time, I ordered a 10 medium because custom shoes are no longer available in wide. They don't fit. Furthermore, almost all of the noncustom shoes have a white sole. White soles were stylish about ten years ago--I had many pairs with white soles. Nike is known for being more fashion conscious than fit conscience (of course, performance depends on fit, unless one advertises differently), but it is time to go beyond white-only soles. I guess I will have to learn loyalty to a new company.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have been a long-time Nike consumer, and have always worn one brand of shoe, the Air Max. For the very first time in over 20 years of wearing the same brand, the current pair that I have had a rip open up all along the front of it in less than 6 months of light wear. I only wear it once a week for light walking. Less than six months!!! The other times I have worn this brand, it took years and years before they were worn down enough for me to change them! I returned it to Nike, they just got back to me saying that it was due to "normal wear and tear" and not taking any responsibility of it being a defective product. I haven't changed my lifestyle at all, but I'm being blamed? Why should I stay loyal to a company that doesn't stand by their product?

Original review: April 8, 2019

Bought many shirts at a Nike store that is well over 100 KMs from my house - when I got home, I realized that one of the shirts still have their theft prevention tag attached. I called store, their solution is for me to drive the 200+ KMs roundtrip so that they can fix their mistake - not an option in my eyes. Did an online chat on nike.com - they can't help, tell me to talk to the store. Tried Twitter and Facebook - again, both are telling me to go to the store. The value of the shirt is $50. 2+ hours of driving, gas, wear and tear they are asking me to do so they can fix their mistake is a non-starter. Thank you Nike for letting me waste $50 on a shirt I cannot wear!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Sent in my shoe because the glue has separated from the sole and the shoe on the inner part of my Nike Air Max, and they sent it back pointing to the bubble being cracked saying it not defective. Where I showed reps at footlocker and co workers and clearly whoever inspected them should not be working at Nike. Or they need to be trained. I don't have this issue with New Balance or Puma but Nike seems to be high priced and no help when it comes to a defective matter on their part.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of custom color Nike shoes (February 2019). The one that was absolutely unsatisfactory was ordered to have a red top alternately described by Nike as either Cherry Red or Crimson Red. Online and as printed from the site, the color looks like the Red as labeled to my naked eye. When the shoes arrived the color didn't match the color shown at all. Nowhere close. In fact, everyone who looks at the shoe and I ask what color it looks like to them has NOT mentioned Red once. Everyone every time (and I didn't prep or lead them by prefacing my question by mentioning they're supposed to be red) doesn't see Red. When I ask them what color they see the most frequent descriptions are Orange, Neon Orange, Hot Orange. The color is so far from red to be laughable.

I made calls to Nike. The first customer service person pushed back by saying that there are sometimes differences between how the/a color looks on the site, prints out on your printer and what it looks like in reality. His answer was immediate and I suspect that's because this has happened before. AND, if it has happened before, I would expect Nike to make the appropriate adjustment to its color dye or not present it falsely which is what they did in reality. I would expect them to adjust as needed so their advertised color matches reality; give that as much attention as they try to do with their engineering of the shoe in terms of its functionality - especially given the cost!

My second call got a bit more attention to my complaint, however, pretty much said the same thing - the colors sometimes don't come out how they look online (again, they obviously know that and they keep making this option available which they can't meet for whatever 'lame' reason). I sent them pictures of the shoes standing alone, the shoes next to other things red. They still didn't acknowledge what I think is their responsibility - people sell clothes, watches, etc., online and make sure that what you see is what you get.

Nike offered 3 things; return the shoes for a full refund, keep the shoes and get part of the price removed, keep the shoes and get promotional discount on my next purchase. I have kept the shoes and accepted the refund of part of my purchase price because I can still use them accepting that they aren't what they should be.

So, let the buyer beware if you're ordering custom colors. I wouldn't trust that what you see online is what you'll receive. And you shouldn't expect Nike to fully accept their terrible effort to customize according to your order. After many years as a runner who actually respects Nike's engineering (along with one of their competitors), I won't be buying their products any time soon. While it could be argued you're buying the shoe for how well it works as a running shoe so color shouldn't matter, it's my argument if Nike offers a custom colored shoe at the price they charge ($165.00), it should have the capacity to make it happen. They obviously don't. A terrible corporate response for an egregious mistake that Nike apparently is pretty comfortable continuing.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been buying Nike shoes since 80s. Last January I bought a pair, light no running, no extreme sport, no daily use. Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt because the past experience. This is what they look like after 4 time I wore them.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My wife has always wanted Nike sneakers. I have bought many pairs for her in the past. I'm very disheartened by the poor quality and lack of longevity in recent years. The last pair I bought was Nike Shox NZ. She wears them normally. No running, no jogging, and never plays basketball. But yet the soles have separated from the uppers in less than 6 months. After seeing what happened in the NC game I thought I should add my two cents of unhappiness with Nike products. It's a shame because they have made good products but obviously they don't anymore. Very sad!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I purchased 2 pairs of these shoes in 2018 and both pairs of holes by the toes in each shoe within 4 months and I wear only with jeans...NO RUNNING OR WORKOUT OF ANY TYPE. The quality is terrible and now I have app. $400 in shoes with holes. Nike is not returning at this point because I don’t have box or receipts - why would I keep when I loved them and they fit? Well shame on me - but you...don’t purchase!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

FYI...Nike does not stand by its product as they believe that $200 shoes worn less than 6 months is the customer's fault when they feel shoes have abnormal wear. Nike does not take responsibility and rather blames its customer for abnormal wear. Perhaps Nike expects their customers to buy shoes and not wear them. Check out Today's formal response received from Nike..."the problem appears to be caused by normal wear and tear or excessive outsole wear. Unfortunately, this is not considered a material or manufacturing flaw and all inspector decisions are final." Unbelievable. Stay away from buying their product unless you wish to take full responsibility and risk injuries due to their substandard products.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Bought 2 pair of Nike bball shoes for my son, playing high school bball in a top Baltimore area league. Kyrie Flytrap- top lace eyelet pulled right out of the shoe after 2 weeks of preseason practice. Sole was also peeling off the bottom. Kyrie 4- 3 weeks of play and the sole off both shoes was dramatically peeling off, not in just a small spot. Two other teammates had the SAME shoe with the sole peeling off exactly the same way. Now we have the Zion Nike blowout. I called Nike customer service to complain, they basically said "oh well." Sent them an email, no reply. No more Nikes for us.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike B Flex Contact Shoes for my 10 year old son for Christmas from Academy Sports. He started wearing them on Dec 25, 2018, and by January 20, 2019, there was a hole in the right toe (25 days of normal wear). I contacted Academy Sports and they told me to contact Nike directly. I did so and returned the shoes for inspection. They inspected them and returned them to me with no replacement or credit and said the hole was from wear and tear. I have 2 boys and they have never gone through a pair of sneakers in 25 days! I will never buy a Nike shoe again!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike Air Max Plus volt red in a size 8 online 4 days ago for a very important occasion as a gift, I was never updated with a “shipment or even order status” so I decided to call them myself today and I was informed they had messed up and they don't have the shoe in stores or even warehouse and representative was supposed to have informed me within the same day of my order. I spoke to a manager and he simply said “There is nothing we can do” so I asked for him to look for a 7.5 at least and he said “Well its most likely out of stock too” without even checking, but they're quick to charge my bank as soon as I made the purchase! Managers are useless and their customer service and shopping experience just not worth it!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Jordan Jumpman Z: I don’t have an issue with Nike rather the design of a $150 pair of Jordan design. This particular shoe is nice looking but the design inside the shoe is split right at the ankle inside. The issue would have not been an issue if they would have designed a full bootie. Within an hour of wearing them in the house I had a blister where the inner sock splits due to the seam being so rough. It’s the worst design I’ve ever seen on a Jordan. They don’t make Jordan’s like they did with my many OGs from 95-98! These are. Ring returned and I’m not even going to reorder another pair because of this design. For the money Nike asks for Jordan’s I expect more of this athlete.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Nike 2 year warranty period is a false claim. Recently told by Nike Customer Service Canada that my son’s $290 soccer shoes that are less than the 2 years old period (per tag inside) - outside coating on both shoes visibly damaged and inside left shoe plastic coming through (had to use duct tape to avoid blisters)... Reason for rejection was ‘regular wear and tear... Nice one Nike! Guess he should of only looked at the shoes versus wearing them?? STAND behind your products!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I wear a brace on my left ankle, so I wear a 12 regular on my right foot and a 12 wide on my left foot. I contacted Nike on January 3rd and asked about the Pegasus FlyEase running shoe. I explained my situation and asked if I could special order the two different sizes. I was told I could purchase the two different sizes and return the two shoes I don't need for a refund. At $120.00 a pair I thought that was steep. I decided to think about it.

On January 7th, I found the Nike Revolution 4 FlyEase running shoe. I again called Nike explained my situation and was again told I can order the two different sizes and return the ones I don't need for a refund. I got off the phone and joined Nike's membership so I could get free shipping. I then ordered the 2 pair of shoes at $60.00 a pair. I received the two pair of shoes and tried to initiate the return online, but kept running into "an error has occurred." I called Nike explained everything that happened and was told the return only can work if I purchased 2 pair of shoes that are 1 1/2 sizes and difference in width does not apply. I asked to talk with a supervisor, because even in Nike's notes about my previous conversations, they did not mention that. After being kept on hold, I was told the supervisor was too busy to talk to me.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Bought cleats for daughter in Nike store in Minnesota Mall of America for Christmas while she was going to Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Cleats don't fit. Nike says have to return to Nike store. Closest store 300 miles from home in Alabama.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My grandson’s NIKE Kylie 4 basketball shoes, after 2 months of wear separated just under the NIKE Logo. I sent them to NIKE Canada in Toronto. We just received an email from NIKE stating they were not replacing the shoes and were returning them. They indicated a sharp object had cut the shoes. What kind of a sharp object would have separated right around the curvature of the logo, perhaps a scalpel? I examined the shoes and I would not have paid to ship them back to NIKE had I suspected they were cut. I called their corporate customer service to be told they were put under a microscope and examined. Please NIKE I am not that naive, or was this a case for CSI. Buyer beware, the product is inferior and they can back it with a two year warranty, but never expect they will uphold it. Shame on you NIKE.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I ordered a football shirt for our 8-year-old's birthday and we were not emailed the tracking number and delivery firm as they insisted they had done. It took ages to get through to them, including 5 attempts and they clearly kept cutting the phone off! The first time they refused to accept they had not given me the tracking number and refused to. The second time, they eventually did but the man on the phone swore at me when I said I was going to repeat the number back to him to ensure I had got it right as I could not easily understand his accent. The parcel took way longer than expected and all in all it was a nightmare experience and we simply will not buy any more Nike products. Absolutely awful and rude patronizing staff. They clearly do not care about customers.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I had bought a pair of shoes and within a month, a hole on the inside had worn where my pinky toe lays which started causing blisters. They were unbearable after that, so I just threw them away. $120 thrown away.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I purchase a lot of Nike. I have 4 kids and 2 of them wear nothing but Nike. I purchase 4 pair of slides from Kohl’s. They were defective. They were only worn about 3 times and were falling apart. I called Nike. They were returned. They sent emails saying they were received and I would be getting product vouchers. As time passed I still didn’t receive them. I called they said it was still being processed to give it 4-6 months. Well that turned into a year, then I once again called and said they were mailed. When I said that I didn’t get them of course they said that they had to investigate. That turned into another 3-6 months. Then I got a called stating they were never issued. That they would be issued right away.

After another long wait I called again and nothing. Oh well they were issued and never cashed this time. So again another 3-6 months. Well it has turned into 3 years. And I just got off the phone with Nike and they just told me that they will no longer issue my vouchers or give my money back because it’s been too long and that they can’t find a record of one of my returns anymore!!! Really waiting 3 years and dealing with all this, they have the shoes I PAID FOR, PAID TO SHIP TO THEM, and have called wasted all this time dealing with them. And they are going to tell me, too much time has passed.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Bought a brand new watch for recent University of Miami graduate. Watch straight out of a box, never used. Rubberband breaks in 4 places before one has a chance to wear it. Customer service refuses to replace it or give credit for the watch. Too bad I can’t attach pictures for you to see.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Ordered 2 pairs of NIKE ID Air Force 1 shoes, Sep 12, 2018. Shoes were to arrive to me on or before Oct 1, 2018. Oct 3, 2018, they send me an email saying there was a delay with the order, and it would be on or before Nov 13, 2018, when the shoes would arrive. (SIX WEEKS LATE!) So, I canceled the order Oct 3. The Nike rep I spoke with was absolutely unapologetic about it. They screwed up my order, and were cocky about it! Uh, no thanks, Nike! If you don't appreciate the business, at least there are public forums such as this to complain about it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchased a pair of Manoas online thinking they would be the same as last two pair I bought. Although the price was the same the shoes were not. Synthetic uppers instead of leather, eyelets falling out. Generally poor quality... Nike is now just an expensive logo applied on junk.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I bought Airmax 2015 sneakers 3 years ago and they're not holding up that well. It is pretty comfy and breathable, nice snug fit. Toe box is a little narrow so I had to go half a size up. I usually wear a 7.5, but for Nike I wear a size 8. I paid $180 when I bought it. The problem is, the quality of the shoe is not fair for the price. The right shoe's midsole got scratched or something, and now the air is leaking and it makes a squish sound when walking. The left shoe is fine though. I replaced the insoles with Dr. Scholl's athletic insoles, because they were slightly rough, it was uncomfortable when walking. The outsoles were less than average quality, plastic with barely enough traction. On wet areas, you can literally skate on asphalt and concrete lol. It was pretty fun, but I tripped a lot because of the slippery outsole. Fortunately, the later versions they have used some kind of rubber instead of plastic. Offers more traction and stability, albeit only moderately.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Nike used to be the best. Apparently, they've gotten a little too big...because they are now the absolute worst company I've ever purchased from! If I could give them a less than zero rating, I would! Whether it's a representative, a supervisor, or a manager...NONE of them are the least bit concerned with helping their customers...or the overall experience their customers have.

I ordered two pairs of shoes on Nike's website before 9 AM EST yesterday (Wednesday, Aug. 29th) and chose next day shipping. Once the order was placed, the confirmation popped up on the website with my order number, a statement that a confirmation email had been sent to me, and a statement that the shoes would be received on or before today (Thursday, Aug. 30th).

After a couple of hours, I noticed that I had not yet received the confirmation email. I tried to search Nike's website for the status of my order (using the order # provided to me when I submitted the order). However, when I tried to search using my order # and email address, the order could not be found. I have now contacted Nike (via chat and phone) a total of at least six times about my order. The last chat I had yesterday was with a supervisor who assured me that my order was being processed and would be received today.

Around 2 AM this morning, Nike apparently sent me an email thanking me for my order. I clicked on the "Order Status" link in the email, and once I'm on the Nike site, I notice that the status of my order is still "Preparing to Ship". By the way, it still shows that status at 12:39 PM. I'm now on the phone with Nike Corporate. My call was dropped by the first person...and another agent picked up the call. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and this jerk tells me that it will probably take 2 hours to get a supervisor on the line. Seriously?? I guess he thought I would hang up, but I did not. Finally, after about 20 minutes, a supervisor picks up. Not very helpful...rather nonchalant...just like everyone else at Nike that I've spoken with so far.

She proceeds to tell me that my order is "preparing for pick" or some crap and that it could, in fact, be delivered today because the "warehouse is not far away...just in Tennessee". However, there is always a chance they may not be delivered today (although remember I chose next day shipping). AND it gets even better...now when I click on Order Status in Nike's email, the site no longer recognizes the order number...tells me it's invalid. NO ONE...not one person (including the two supervisors) I spoke with at Nike expressed any concern at all. They were either rude, nonchalant, arrogant or all of the above. The only "solution" they have provided to me is that I can send the shoes back with the prepaid shipping label once I receive them. Are you kidding me?!?!

From this day forward...I will no longer purchase Nike products. I plan on sharing this experience (which by the way isn't my first bad experience with Nike) online, via social media outlets, and by word of mouth. Nike needs to put every single employee through customer service training, refocus their efforts on treating their customers like they are the lifeblood of the company (because they are), and understand that they do have serious competition from other companies like Adidas, Under Armour, New Balance, and others...who actually DO know how to treat their customers!

Nike Company Information