1.23/5
Based on 38 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

393 Nike Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have been trying for 3 weeks to have a pre-paid label sent to me (I need a USPS label as the item was shipped to an APO/DPO address). I have received 13 attempts all with the words "SAMPLE-DO NOT MAIL" printed over the label. Each time I've reached out to Nike, they assure me the "Elite Team" is handling the issue and will contact me when they have a solution to the issue. I've contacted them 4 times. I even offered to pay for return shipping and be reimbursed. They rejected that without justification. Still awaiting a solution.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I sent some gym shoes back to Nike because of defect and they approved it! After some time went back I called because I never received my voucher in the mail. I was informed that someone has used my voucher. I called on the June 13th 2018 and they told me the voucher was used June 12th 2018 so I asked them to stop the order because it’s fraud. But, they told me they will sent it to the elite services to try to stop it! But they didn’t try or do anything about it! I have been calling left and right because my shoes cost $200 and I don’t want to have to just say bye to my money! After doing everything they ask, even making a police report, I still continued to call! Finally I got a call today from Nike elite services saying it’s not they will do and in so many words asking to not call them anymore!

After looking on here and seeing how many complaints it was and a lot of them similar to mine, I had to add this review because Nike is taking advantage of people like us and don’t even care! I really wish we could stand up to these big businesses that take our money and tell us to go away! They create rules and procedures to literally tell us to ** off, and if we don’t like it go buy shoes or whatever from someone else! This is not right and if there ever is any kind of way we can make Nike stop treating us consumers like crap, PLEASE count me in! I am so disappointed because I have been a Nike customer for over 30 years and this is the first time I had a problem where I asked for assistance and got a slap in the face!

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased a pair of Nike soccer Turf cleats at Soccer Zone in Parsippany NJ for my son. After one use the inside sole came out of the shoe and the cover over the insert was also completely detached. I tried contacting Soccer Zone within two weeks of purchasing the product and they told me that it was Nike's responsibility. I called Nike and they tell me that even though the shoe came defective they do not replace insoles or shoe laces and would not replace the shoe. It's not their fault! The shoe was sold defective and now I have to eat the cost of the product after one use. Nike sucks! Nike does not stand behind their product because if they did I would not be so pissed off right now. I would never recommend anyone buying their products!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

After paying $300 for cleats that are guaranteed to hold up or your money back - our claim was denied. My son played fall season and the laces fell apart and then 1/2 way through spring they completely fell apart and separated. His toe was sticking out so he taped them up and played the game - because he had no other cleats. He then finished the season before sending them back. Customer service sent me the cleats with no explanation and everyone on the phone was not at all helpful. I was on the phone for an hour - corporate said Nike.com should help me and nike.com said corporate should help me - so I chatted online and was told – “too bad”. So the lesson is...don’t buy $300 cleats and expect them to last or expect Nike to help you - they won’t. The image is what they call wear and tear? Ok??? I would expect a soccer cleat to hold up better than this - just as a bonus - worst customer service ever.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Order $374 worth of shoes. Paid for two day shipping because I wanted to make sure I'm home when they are delivered. It even said the dates when the shoes should be here. Check shipping the delivery date change from between the 3rd and 4th to the 6th! I will be at work. Now I have to hope nobody steal them before I got off work to get them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nike?

Original review: July 13, 2018

It started so well with a fast 2 day delivery of a pair of women’s trainers. Unfortunately they didn’t fit so we returned them via one of their chosen couriers (DPD). This was easy enough to organize and drop off at my local collection point. The couriers informed me of pick up and return dates. Perfect so far! But after another 10 days after courier's confirmation of return, or 8 working days I had still not received notification of the return from Nike or even refund. I then called Nike after the day previously not heard from my email. They answered. Told me to wait on the hold as they checked the return. After 12 minutes I was then asked whom I had used to return the trainers. So I told them, then hold for another 8 minutes.

Finally got told they had received them a week previously to this call. So I asked why hadn’t I been refunded, he never answered and just said he will process the refund now. Then he told me it could take up to 9 days to receive it in my bank. I asked why so long and was told that is the normal waiting period for every company. I questioned this and was told I must never use online services. Being disabled and almost housebound I tend to use online shopping for 90% of my purchases. This operator treated me like a fool. In all they were useless and I will never use this company ever again. I would not advise anyone to use them either. If you need to return an item you should take up a religion and start praying. This may be all that helps.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have purchased four pairs of Nike street and trail running shoes since 2007 swapping between the four (other three pairs bought in 2009, 2011, and 2014 respectively). I do not run, but use them as general walking shoes on weekends and on vacations. I'm skinny and under average weight for my height and Nike has always fit me better in history than New Balance. However, in the last several years, they have all started falling apart. One pair started breaking up in tread on the bottom in bits like I was cutting it away with a knife. The rest of it held up however. The three other pairs started separating in two places: the bottom tread layer and where the foot layer meets the top layer (thickest layer) cushion sole.

I was able to successfully Shoe-Goo them based on instructions from a self-help home fix website, but it will remain to be seen if that will hold up (photo attached of an example while waiting to dry overnight). For this reason, I have decided to buy New Balance made in the USA going forward. As one who has had Nike's shoes since the early 1980s as a kid, it's a shame they have taken profits first and outsourced all of their production to China with iffy quality. Brand recognition and loyalty mean nothing if the product falls apart prematurely. To put this Nike experience into perspective, I have two pairs of Cole Haan dress shoes dating from the 1990s and a combined five pairs of Timberland business-casual shoes and hiking boots that date from the early 2000s that are still good as new minus sole wear. I got what I paid for there. Not so with Nike.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I purchased 2 pairs of Air VaporMax Flyknit running shoes. I alternate each pair every other day for running. After only 1 month and 100 miles on each pair, the rear heel outer soles wore out and punctured the air pocket causing the cushioning to go flat. I returned the shoes to Nike under their warranty and per instructions on their website. I chose the Reuse program to have the shoes recycled rather than returned to me since they were useless. This is the reply I received from Nike:

"Unfortunately, after a thorough inspection of your product, we've determined that the issue is a result of outsole wear through to the internal airbag, which caused the airbag to deflate. With that, we can't consider this a material or manufacturing flaw, per our return guidelines, and we're unable to issue a product voucher. Per your request, your original product will be recycled through Nike's Reuse-a-Shoe program. Please reach out to us at 1-800-344-6453 (7 am–4 pm PT, Monday–Friday) with any additional questions you might have."

I called that number and was told by the representative that since I chose the Reuse-a-Shoe option to have the shoes recycled further action and review of my claim could not be pursued. I explained that this is ridiculous and did not make sense since I thought that the recycling option was the thoughtful thing to do since the shoes were useless to me and that there was nothing on the option check that informed customers that choosing that option would void any further review of their claim. This fell on deaf ears. This treatment of a lifelong customers speaks pathetically about the corporate culture at Nike.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I purchased a lot of Nike products mostly Air Jordan shoes. I was told to return two pairs that was defective. Pair turned yellow and was box kept. The other pair the eyelet popped out... I paid $15.00 to ship them to the address provided by customer service. It has been a month. The shoes are lost and customer service tells me when they do find them they will be mailed back to me because I mailed them back unauthorized. How is my return unauthorized when the Nike rep told me I can pay my own shipping to return them. The worst customer experience ever. I was really quick and easy to take thousands of dollars of my money. But don't know how to treat you after selling me defectives products.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I always used to buy Adidas and Puma clothes and shoes but first time I wanted to try nice and bought a Nike pants. I cannot believe after spend 250 AED the quality of track pants in one month look like garbage **. And the worst thing is Nike did not take action. So please beware of paying high and get ** in back.

Original review: April 21, 2018

First off, I’m usually a big Nike fan. Purchased a lot with no problem. But this Tech Fleece Aeroloft parka/jacket I bought in December started to fall apart 2-3 weeks after I bought it. Down feathers are sticking out everywhere; through the tech fleece jacket breathing holes throughout the entire jacket. I had no intentions of returning it since I trust Nike products to be made of quality. So I have don’t know where my receipt is. I called Nike and they told me to go back to the Nike store I bought it from. They told me the jacket had since gone on sale and selling for much less than what I paid for.

I didn’t want a refund. I just wanted an exchange for another Nonfaulty one because I actually really like the style of jacket. They said there is no more stock in store and can’t do anything about it. I was really surprised. Nike for sure still has it in their warehouse but was told they operate separate from Nike.com which I find ridiculous. I didn’t even end up taking the money since the offer was much less than the price I paid just a few weeks prior. I just want an exchange for a nondefective product. Simple request which I am surprised Nike can’t do.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought a pair of Nike shoes on 15/12/2017. A hole developed in 2 month's time. I informed the company on 14/02/2018. The shoes were only used for casual wear. The company didn’t find it to be a manufacturer defect and refused to replace. Although it was within warranty period. My plea is that the poor material used in manufacturing shoes is also responsibility of the company.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Every time we buy a pair of cleats from Nike, they pull apart at the bottom after 3-6 months wear. No matter whether they cost $75 or $300, they are still awful. Nike supposedly warranties them but that process requires the consumer to pay to ship the cleats to Nike for them to determine if they were defective. Then, if they do determine they are defective, Nike typically offers a $75 voucher which can be used to purchase merchandise on their very expensive website. So the compensation is not great plus if you are forced to buy new cleats before the return process is completed and the refund is issued (because it's hard to play soccer without cleats), you have to wait to use the voucher on a future order.

It is their way of getting dissatisfied customers to keep buying from them. This most recent time, I let them know that I needed cleats immediately for my daughter, whose cleats broke in season. In a chat session, I expressed concern about paying for the cleats and then receiving store credit for the returned cleats after I already pair for the new cleats. The customer service rep told me they'd give us expedited shipping so she'd have the new cleats in time for her next soccer event and then I'd get a refund rather than store credit. Yet, when we got the refund, it was for two $75 vouchers. I contacted Nike and they said they didn't give me store credit, they gave me $150 worth of vouchers, which I'd used as payment for the returned defective cleats.

They indicated that store credit and vouchers were different, and pointed out that the rep said I wouldn't receive store credit. So they basically tricked me because the chat rep had my invoice and knew all along how I'd paid for the defective cleats that I returned. Basically, Nike was fine with my being out the $220 I'd spent on the new cleats to replace the returned defective cleats.

They assured me that the vouchers don't expire and I could use them on a future purchase. You can imagine how excited it made me that they have given me the opportunity to continue to buy their subpar products and deal with their passive aggressive customer service team that tonight kept making me repeat the details for an hour on chat before transferring me to a supervisor that then kept me on chat for another hour before denying my request but thanking me for my input which they valued because it helps with future customer experiences. Ironically, we have another pair of broken/defective cleats sitting in a closet from another daughter. Really no point in paying to ship those back for evaluation and another cheesy voucher...

Original review: April 14, 2018

My recent order was for two pairs of Converse high top. One is great the other has been used and has many issues. Staining and marks on sole and on shoes. Silver marker writing also. I contacted them for a replacement. First the rep said no problem and both were still in stock. I told them I need to return one pair only and will have to return first. I said ok. A few mins later the rep told me they then were out of stock the pair I want to exchange and can only get a refund. He said I can reorder again later... and provided me with a 15% off for them. I used a 30% for this order mind you and he basically said too bad.

I then checked online to see if they have a similar pair and lo and behold, the ones that was supposed to be out of stock is still in stock. I waited a week or so later and checked a few times and still in stock. What a crook and liar. Sending me a defective and used pair (which you can tell has been returned a few times) then lied. Nice shoes but horrible people.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My card was hacked to buy 2 pair of shoes totaling ~$700. I contacted Nike.com as soon as I saw the purchases on my bank account. At the time one of the charges was still pending. The girl made me feel good because she took my information and said they would start an investigation. Well then they sent an email stating sorry for the delay, but the purchases were made already so there was nothing they could do. Really?!? They know who bought the shoes and where they were sent. And they did nothing. By the way, my son has around 20 pairs of Nike’s that I bought legally. Never again!

Original review: March 12, 2018

If you buy something from Nike good for you BUT if you buy something and there's an issue or anything that will require you to talk to customer service then good luck to you! Just for some $100 voucher I received few years ago and trying to apply it to my order I have been on phone call for hours, countless amount of time. Not to mention how many times the customer service just dropped the phone call on me OR places me on hold and then drops me again.

I have been more than nice this past few weeks but now I will be going all nuts and will it be worth it to Nike? Nope, for some simple issue. I am compiling a portfolio to sue Nike and how many times I have been dropped and all the support messages including the proof for every single one. After researching it seems that I am right about this review and NIKE only cares about their branding and profits, not its employees or customers. Their brand is the only reason they are still here but I will make sure at this moment that nobody I know will ever use this company.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I purchased these (Lebron Solider 11s) as well as for my 6 year old son - Not only mine but my son has same defect - the second strap becomes un-done simply by just walking!!! To spend a fair amount of money and as much money as these companies make you would think they would test products before selling them... Store that they were purchased from is of no help being the shoes have been worn - even though less than a month old!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

When you go to order they ask for all your information including billing and credit card information, then they say the sneaker in my case was not available. This is very disappointing as when I started the ordering process they stated it was available. I really have a problem giving out my credit card info then being told, "SORRY. ITEM Not AVAILABLE". I do not give out my information until I know I am ordering, this makes me feel very uncomfortable using this site.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I generated a label on Nike.com for free, and returned everything in the order, tags attached. This was over a month ago. For a $124 order, I was lied to about the status of the return, placed on hold over 45 minutes, was told it was "escalated" to an elite team three times, hung up on, disconnected from chat, was told to return to the store, you name it. I will return everything I buy from them until they can get it right.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

In less than one month of purchase. Shoes (Nike Lunar Fingertrap Shoes) wore a 50 cent size hole in heel. Nike had me send back (my cost) and Inspector Gadget sent back saying this was normal Wear and Tear caused by “Friction”. Well ladies and gentlemen of the jury, does any reasonable person think a brand new pair of shoes should last 1 month? Then Nike denies your claim with a templated Letter, then wants you to send to another ”Inspector”. Well I say “No”. Do not buy this piece of garbage shoe. Do not fall for their send back ploy. Look at the pic of normal wear.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Lousy product (Nike ID custom made shoes $140, falls apart after 3 days of wearing them), customer service is Horrible, took over 7 hours and 8 calls to reach a supervisor and still not sure that THE issue is resolved! Supervisors will not call you back. Customer service will not put you through to them. I originally called on December 22, 2017 today is January 11, 2018. Terrible experience and not a Satisfaction to be gained. The most they will give is a 10% refund and replacement shoes!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I've order the Foamposite Stucco size 9 from NIKE online and when I got them I was very upset. I wanted to cry. One shoe was a size bigger so 9 and a 9.5. They were supposed to be the same size a 9. I really wanted those shoes. Now I have to return them and get a refund because how NIKE mess up on an order that was so simple. So now there's no telling how the process is for getting a refund. I don't understand how NIKE be so sloppy and customer service is really terrible and the website just wrong. Never was like this.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I bought some Nike Airs from Footlocker not even 4 months ago. I spent 170 thinking "Oh I'll invest in some nice comfy shoes and I'll take care of them". I put them on and wear them at least 8 or 9 times and the air pocket on the bottom of the whole shoe is flat... Are you kidding? Is that what Nike is about selling their sweatshop shoes for a lot just so they will go out? I'm never buying Nike again unless they would be responsible and take care of my shoes for me. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone after that. PS I'm livid to spend 170 for the poorest quality shoe I could find. If I had the receipt I'd go back.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

This time of year GIFT CARDS are a big deal. My wife ordered one last evening. Today I ordered the same gift card not knowing she had already purchased it. Within an hour I contacted Nike and communicated with JHAY and the supervisor explaining what happened. They told me to "spend the card". They refused to cancel the gift card order. They were curt and rude. As a business owner I believe this is very POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. You should expect the same POOR CUSTOMER service should you find yourself in need of a resolution to a problem because this company NIKE is too big now and obviously DOESN'T CARE about the customer any longer. Consider another sneaker manufacturer or take your chances.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Ok so I've worn my Nike Huaraches like twice since I got them last Christmas, today is December 15, 2017. My husband got them a 1/2 size bigger since that's what was recommended he do for a perfect fit (for anyone)... When I tried putting them on, it was a nightmare but I gave it an opportunity to see if I wore them around the house they would break in. No luck that 1st try. My Achilles tendon was in So much pain, I had to give it another week, tried it again and couldn't make it through the day. I just couldn’t. Now I have a brand spankin’ new pair Huaraches just sitting in the closet. So disappointing. I want the red ones sooo bad because to me, the aesthetics are so hit! BUT SOO NOT WORTH THE RIPPING AGONIZING PAIN WHEN THAT STRAP IN BACK RUBS ON MY TENDON!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My grandson owned a pair of Huarache Nike shoes... men size mind you, and after wearing them for a month and half they tore on both sides in the same place. I filed a claim with Nike and returned the shoes. Nike sent me an email saying my claim was denied, due to normal wear and tear? Huh? I'm confused! How can that be! Any person In their right mind knows that a pair of Nike shoes should not tear after wearing them for a month and half. I can only conclude that Nike is a crook. They will take your money and not stand by their products! Don't spend your hard earned money I any Nike products! They don't stand by them!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Bought one of my players $200 cleats. The studs started snapping falling off after only one season of regular wear. These cleats stay on my bag, he puts them on and takes them off at the field and never wears them anywhere else. Nike is claiming this is normal wear and tear. How can it be normal for the studs to break and fall off when they're only worn on grass or turf, and only for one season? Never wasting money on Nike again if they consider that normal.

Resolution response: Dec. 10, 2017

I am writing a follow-up review from my past experience: I haven't spoken with anyone from Nike but, I have since received my other 2 pair of shoes. I appreciate them for making it right but I still would like to talk with someone.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I placed an order online the day after Thanksgiving for the 1st time at Nike.com, I was excited at the price I was paying for 3 pair of shoes using coupon code Epic25, which only discounted 2 of the 3 pair, even though they were the same style different colors, I was fine with that. My card was authorized for the total amount of $188.22. I was sent an email confirming the order. Later I was sent the tracking info, which said my package will be split into 2 shipments, however, I only received 1 tracking number.

I tracked the package via UPS, the status stated that it was waiting for carrier pickup 11.27-29.17. It wasn't until 11.30.17 that I received an email about the order, stating that the return I requested has been processed, now I'm worried because I haven't received anything. I contacted customer service to see what the problem was, I was under the impression that the item was out of stock. I was then informed by the CSR, that there was an issue with my address, the apartment # wasn't listed & that the order was en route to the warehouse, even though an unauthorized return was issued for 1 pair. The other 2 pair were somewhere. So, in the midst of all that, I checked my card saw that Nike had placed another authorization on my card causing an overdraft.

I stated to the CSR my concerns, she exchanged the 2 pair for the 1 that a return was being issued for because those are the ones I really wanted, I could have done without the other 2 pair but since those were discounted why not. I was also told that I would be credited the difference & to expect it within 3-5 business days, but the credit is going against the overdraft charge of $36 that was initiated by Nike, in addition to the credit for the 1 pair that was in the process of being returned. The CSR also stated that she would next day ship them out, okay cool.

Now, it's the next day & I still haven't received my shoes because the apartment # wasn't listed on the reorder that the CSR placed, and verified the complete address & apartment #, which leads me to believe I didn't screw up the 1st time. So now, FEDEX reached out to me stating that my package will be delivered Monday 12.4.17. I tried to contact Nike customer service chat, no response after 3 minutes of waiting, I issued a call back request, nothing as of yet & I was on hold for 38 minutes before the phone hung up & 28 minutes after trying to call the 1800 number. I'm so upset and I hope this review will help someone before going through what I went through.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Every year we order my daughter’s basketball shoes from Nike and wait and wait. This year was exceptionally poor. We ordered way ahead of time this year so we would get them before the 1st game. We talk to 3 cs reps and finally after a month the rep tells us they haven’t even made the shoes yet?! I asked why were we not informed right away about them not being able to make the shoes. He had no answer and was happy to just cancel the order for us!? Ridiculous poor service, poor ordering handling! I will never order Nike again!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I bought a Nike slippers on 10/10/2017 from a Nike showroom under Grand in Kolkata in Esplanade. Few days after use. I saw it had a stitching problem. It was within the warranty period. I took the slippers to the store for claim of the defect. They gave me a customer claim settlement slip and took the slippers on 8/11/2017. They gave me 7-10 days time. Now they are saying the company has rejected the claim. The store is saying me to take the defected shoe back. It was within the warranty period but still not changed. I am submitting the customer claim settlement slip and it's no because the original bill is with them now.

Nike Company Information

www.nike.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business