1.09/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

415 Nike Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been buying Nike shoes since 80s. Last January I bought a pair, light no running, no extreme sport, no daily use. Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt because the past experience. This is what they look like after 4 time I wore them.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My wife has always wanted Nike sneakers. I have bought many pairs for her in the past. I'm very disheartened by the poor quality and lack of longevity in recent years. The last pair I bought was Nike Shox NZ. She wears them normally. No running, no jogging, and never plays basketball. But yet the soles have separated from the uppers in less than 6 months. After seeing what happened in the NC game I thought I should add my two cents of unhappiness with Nike products. It's a shame because they have made good products but obviously they don't anymore. Very sad!!

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I purchased 2 pairs of these shoes in 2018 and both pairs of holes by the toes in each shoe within 4 months and I wear only with jeans...NO RUNNING OR WORKOUT OF ANY TYPE. The quality is terrible and now I have app. $400 in shoes with holes. Nike is not returning at this point because I don’t have box or receipts - why would I keep when I loved them and they fit? Well shame on me - but you...don’t purchase!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

FYI...Nike does not stand by its product as they believe that $200 shoes worn less than 6 months is the customer's fault when they feel shoes have abnormal wear. Nike does not take responsibility and rather blames its customer for abnormal wear. Perhaps Nike expects their customers to buy shoes and not wear them. Check out Today's formal response received from Nike..."the problem appears to be caused by normal wear and tear or excessive outsole wear. Unfortunately, this is not considered a material or manufacturing flaw and all inspector decisions are final." Unbelievable. Stay away from buying their product unless you wish to take full responsibility and risk injuries due to their substandard products.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Bought 2 pair of Nike bball shoes for my son, playing high school bball in a top Baltimore area league. Kyrie Flytrap- top lace eyelet pulled right out of the shoe after 2 weeks of preseason practice. Sole was also peeling off the bottom. Kyrie 4- 3 weeks of play and the sole off both shoes was dramatically peeling off, not in just a small spot. Two other teammates had the SAME shoe with the sole peeling off exactly the same way. Now we have the Zion Nike blowout. I called Nike customer service to complain, they basically said "oh well." Sent them an email, no reply. No more Nikes for us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nike?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike B Flex Contact Shoes for my 10 year old son for Christmas from Academy Sports. He started wearing them on Dec 25, 2018, and by January 20, 2019, there was a hole in the right toe (25 days of normal wear). I contacted Academy Sports and they told me to contact Nike directly. I did so and returned the shoes for inspection. They inspected them and returned them to me with no replacement or credit and said the hole was from wear and tear. I have 2 boys and they have never gone through a pair of sneakers in 25 days! I will never buy a Nike shoe again!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I purchased a pair of Nike Air Max Plus volt red in a size 8 online 4 days ago for a very important occasion as a gift, I was never updated with a “shipment or even order status” so I decided to call them myself today and I was informed they had messed up and they don't have the shoe in stores or even warehouse and representative was supposed to have informed me within the same day of my order. I spoke to a manager and he simply said “There is nothing we can do” so I asked for him to look for a 7.5 at least and he said “Well its most likely out of stock too” without even checking, but they're quick to charge my bank as soon as I made the purchase! Managers are useless and their customer service and shopping experience just not worth it!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Jordan Jumpman Z: I don’t have an issue with Nike rather the design of a $150 pair of Jordan design. This particular shoe is nice looking but the design inside the shoe is split right at the ankle inside. The issue would have not been an issue if they would have designed a full bootie. Within an hour of wearing them in the house I had a blister where the inner sock splits due to the seam being so rough. It’s the worst design I’ve ever seen on a Jordan. They don’t make Jordan’s like they did with my many OGs from 95-98! These are. Ring returned and I’m not even going to reorder another pair because of this design. For the money Nike asks for Jordan’s I expect more of this athlete.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Nike 2 year warranty period is a false claim. Recently told by Nike Customer Service Canada that my son’s $290 soccer shoes that are less than the 2 years old period (per tag inside) - outside coating on both shoes visibly damaged and inside left shoe plastic coming through (had to use duct tape to avoid blisters)... Reason for rejection was ‘regular wear and tear... Nice one Nike! Guess he should of only looked at the shoes versus wearing them?? STAND behind your products!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I wear a brace on my left ankle, so I wear a 12 regular on my right foot and a 12 wide on my left foot. I contacted Nike on January 3rd and asked about the Pegasus FlyEase running shoe. I explained my situation and asked if I could special order the two different sizes. I was told I could purchase the two different sizes and return the two shoes I don't need for a refund. At $120.00 a pair I thought that was steep. I decided to think about it.

On January 7th, I found the Nike Revolution 4 FlyEase running shoe. I again called Nike explained my situation and was again told I can order the two different sizes and return the ones I don't need for a refund. I got off the phone and joined Nike's membership so I could get free shipping. I then ordered the 2 pair of shoes at $60.00 a pair. I received the two pair of shoes and tried to initiate the return online, but kept running into "an error has occurred." I called Nike explained everything that happened and was told the return only can work if I purchased 2 pair of shoes that are 1 1/2 sizes and difference in width does not apply. I asked to talk with a supervisor, because even in Nike's notes about my previous conversations, they did not mention that. After being kept on hold, I was told the supervisor was too busy to talk to me.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Bought cleats for daughter in Nike store in Minnesota Mall of America for Christmas while she was going to Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Cleats don't fit. Nike says have to return to Nike store. Closest store 300 miles from home in Alabama.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My grandson’s NIKE Kylie 4 basketball shoes, after 2 months of wear separated just under the NIKE Logo. I sent them to NIKE Canada in Toronto. We just received an email from NIKE stating they were not replacing the shoes and were returning them. They indicated a sharp object had cut the shoes. What kind of a sharp object would have separated right around the curvature of the logo, perhaps a scalpel? I examined the shoes and I would not have paid to ship them back to NIKE had I suspected they were cut. I called their corporate customer service to be told they were put under a microscope and examined. Please NIKE I am not that naive, or was this a case for CSI. Buyer beware, the product is inferior and they can back it with a two year warranty, but never expect they will uphold it. Shame on you NIKE.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I ordered a football shirt for our 8-year-old's birthday and we were not emailed the tracking number and delivery firm as they insisted they had done. It took ages to get through to them, including 5 attempts and they clearly kept cutting the phone off! The first time they refused to accept they had not given me the tracking number and refused to. The second time, they eventually did but the man on the phone swore at me when I said I was going to repeat the number back to him to ensure I had got it right as I could not easily understand his accent. The parcel took way longer than expected and all in all it was a nightmare experience and we simply will not buy any more Nike products. Absolutely awful and rude patronizing staff. They clearly do not care about customers.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I had bought a pair of shoes and within a month, a hole on the inside had worn where my pinky toe lays which started causing blisters. They were unbearable after that, so I just threw them away. $120 thrown away.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I purchase a lot of Nike. I have 4 kids and 2 of them wear nothing but Nike. I purchase 4 pair of slides from Kohl’s. They were defective. They were only worn about 3 times and were falling apart. I called Nike. They were returned. They sent emails saying they were received and I would be getting product vouchers. As time passed I still didn’t receive them. I called they said it was still being processed to give it 4-6 months. Well that turned into a year, then I once again called and said they were mailed. When I said that I didn’t get them of course they said that they had to investigate. That turned into another 3-6 months. Then I got a called stating they were never issued. That they would be issued right away.

After another long wait I called again and nothing. Oh well they were issued and never cashed this time. So again another 3-6 months. Well it has turned into 3 years. And I just got off the phone with Nike and they just told me that they will no longer issue my vouchers or give my money back because it’s been too long and that they can’t find a record of one of my returns anymore!!! Really waiting 3 years and dealing with all this, they have the shoes I PAID FOR, PAID TO SHIP TO THEM, and have called wasted all this time dealing with them. And they are going to tell me, too much time has passed.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Bought a brand new watch for recent University of Miami graduate. Watch straight out of a box, never used. Rubberband breaks in 4 places before one has a chance to wear it. Customer service refuses to replace it or give credit for the watch. Too bad I can’t attach pictures for you to see.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Ordered 2 pairs of NIKE ID Air Force 1 shoes, Sep 12, 2018. Shoes were to arrive to me on or before Oct 1, 2018. Oct 3, 2018, they send me an email saying there was a delay with the order, and it would be on or before Nov 13, 2018, when the shoes would arrive. (SIX WEEKS LATE!) So, I canceled the order Oct 3. The Nike rep I spoke with was absolutely unapologetic about it. They screwed up my order, and were cocky about it! Uh, no thanks, Nike! If you don't appreciate the business, at least there are public forums such as this to complain about it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchased a pair of Manoas online thinking they would be the same as last two pair I bought. Although the price was the same the shoes were not. Synthetic uppers instead of leather, eyelets falling out. Generally poor quality... Nike is now just an expensive logo applied on junk.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I bought Airmax 2015 sneakers 3 years ago and they're not holding up that well. It is pretty comfy and breathable, nice snug fit. Toe box is a little narrow so I had to go half a size up. I usually wear a 7.5, but for Nike I wear a size 8. I paid $180 when I bought it. The problem is, the quality of the shoe is not fair for the price. The right shoe's midsole got scratched or something, and now the air is leaking and it makes a squish sound when walking. The left shoe is fine though. I replaced the insoles with Dr. Scholl's athletic insoles, because they were slightly rough, it was uncomfortable when walking. The outsoles were less than average quality, plastic with barely enough traction. On wet areas, you can literally skate on asphalt and concrete lol. It was pretty fun, but I tripped a lot because of the slippery outsole. Fortunately, the later versions they have used some kind of rubber instead of plastic. Offers more traction and stability, albeit only moderately.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Nike used to be the best. Apparently, they've gotten a little too big...because they are now the absolute worst company I've ever purchased from! If I could give them a less than zero rating, I would! Whether it's a representative, a supervisor, or a manager...NONE of them are the least bit concerned with helping their customers...or the overall experience their customers have.

I ordered two pairs of shoes on Nike's website before 9 AM EST yesterday (Wednesday, Aug. 29th) and chose next day shipping. Once the order was placed, the confirmation popped up on the website with my order number, a statement that a confirmation email had been sent to me, and a statement that the shoes would be received on or before today (Thursday, Aug. 30th).

After a couple of hours, I noticed that I had not yet received the confirmation email. I tried to search Nike's website for the status of my order (using the order # provided to me when I submitted the order). However, when I tried to search using my order # and email address, the order could not be found. I have now contacted Nike (via chat and phone) a total of at least six times about my order. The last chat I had yesterday was with a supervisor who assured me that my order was being processed and would be received today.

Around 2 AM this morning, Nike apparently sent me an email thanking me for my order. I clicked on the "Order Status" link in the email, and once I'm on the Nike site, I notice that the status of my order is still "Preparing to Ship". By the way, it still shows that status at 12:39 PM. I'm now on the phone with Nike Corporate. My call was dropped by the first person...and another agent picked up the call. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and this jerk tells me that it will probably take 2 hours to get a supervisor on the line. Seriously?? I guess he thought I would hang up, but I did not. Finally, after about 20 minutes, a supervisor picks up. Not very helpful...rather nonchalant...just like everyone else at Nike that I've spoken with so far.

She proceeds to tell me that my order is "preparing for pick" or some crap and that it could, in fact, be delivered today because the "warehouse is not far away...just in Tennessee". However, there is always a chance they may not be delivered today (although remember I chose next day shipping). AND it gets even better...now when I click on Order Status in Nike's email, the site no longer recognizes the order number...tells me it's invalid. NO ONE...not one person (including the two supervisors) I spoke with at Nike expressed any concern at all. They were either rude, nonchalant, arrogant or all of the above. The only "solution" they have provided to me is that I can send the shoes back with the prepaid shipping label once I receive them. Are you kidding me?!?!

From this day forward...I will no longer purchase Nike products. I plan on sharing this experience (which by the way isn't my first bad experience with Nike) online, via social media outlets, and by word of mouth. Nike needs to put every single employee through customer service training, refocus their efforts on treating their customers like they are the lifeblood of the company (because they are), and understand that they do have serious competition from other companies like Adidas, Under Armour, New Balance, and others...who actually DO know how to treat their customers!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I used two gift cards totaling $140 at the factory outlet store in Woodbury Commons NY. Their cashier never applied this money to my purchase. He said the register crashed so I was charged and paid full price of sneakers at $179. I have spoken to two store managers, Jamik ** and Jordan ** and not a penny has been refunded to me and all they said was you’ll get a refund “tomorrow”, it’s been a month. I even called corporate and still received the same runaround. Very disappointed and disheartening experience. My gift cards were basically stolen. And I was still charged the full price on my purchase. Never ever buying or supporting Nike.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I purchased a Nike Legend React shoe from Nike Online and it showed that it will cost me $107 including shipping. I went ahead and made a payment of $40.66 using my Nike Gift card and the rest $66.34 I authorized using my credit card. Nike deducted the full $107 from my credit card and also charged my Gift card entirely. So for a shoe that cost $107 I ended up paying $140.66. I am following up with Nike Customer service since last 2 weeks and every time I call them they have no answer to my query and says our team will reach out to you over email. Till date I have not received a single communication from them except worthless product ads. Very very dissatisfied with Nike and their worthless technical/customer service. I feel being robbed by them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have been trying for 3 weeks to have a pre-paid label sent to me (I need a USPS label as the item was shipped to an APO/DPO address). I have received 13 attempts all with the words "SAMPLE-DO NOT MAIL" printed over the label. Each time I've reached out to Nike, they assure me the "Elite Team" is handling the issue and will contact me when they have a solution to the issue. I've contacted them 4 times. I even offered to pay for return shipping and be reimbursed. They rejected that without justification. Still awaiting a solution.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I sent some gym shoes back to Nike because of defect and they approved it! After some time went back I called because I never received my voucher in the mail. I was informed that someone has used my voucher. I called on the June 13th 2018 and they told me the voucher was used June 12th 2018 so I asked them to stop the order because it’s fraud. But, they told me they will sent it to the elite services to try to stop it! But they didn’t try or do anything about it! I have been calling left and right because my shoes cost $200 and I don’t want to have to just say bye to my money! After doing everything they ask, even making a police report, I still continued to call! Finally I got a call today from Nike elite services saying it’s not they will do and in so many words asking to not call them anymore!

After looking on here and seeing how many complaints it was and a lot of them similar to mine, I had to add this review because Nike is taking advantage of people like us and don’t even care! I really wish we could stand up to these big businesses that take our money and tell us to go away! They create rules and procedures to literally tell us to ** off, and if we don’t like it go buy shoes or whatever from someone else! This is not right and if there ever is any kind of way we can make Nike stop treating us consumers like crap, PLEASE count me in! I am so disappointed because I have been a Nike customer for over 30 years and this is the first time I had a problem where I asked for assistance and got a slap in the face!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased a pair of Nike soccer Turf cleats at Soccer Zone in Parsippany NJ for my son. After one use the inside sole came out of the shoe and the cover over the insert was also completely detached. I tried contacting Soccer Zone within two weeks of purchasing the product and they told me that it was Nike's responsibility. I called Nike and they tell me that even though the shoe came defective they do not replace insoles or shoe laces and would not replace the shoe. It's not their fault! The shoe was sold defective and now I have to eat the cost of the product after one use. Nike sucks! Nike does not stand behind their product because if they did I would not be so pissed off right now. I would never recommend anyone buying their products!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

After paying $300 for cleats that are guaranteed to hold up or your money back - our claim was denied. My son played fall season and the laces fell apart and then 1/2 way through spring they completely fell apart and separated. His toe was sticking out so he taped them up and played the game - because he had no other cleats. He then finished the season before sending them back. Customer service sent me the cleats with no explanation and everyone on the phone was not at all helpful. I was on the phone for an hour - corporate said Nike.com should help me and nike.com said corporate should help me - so I chatted online and was told – “too bad”. So the lesson is...don’t buy $300 cleats and expect them to last or expect Nike to help you - they won’t. The image is what they call wear and tear? Ok??? I would expect a soccer cleat to hold up better than this - just as a bonus - worst customer service ever.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Order $374 worth of shoes. Paid for two day shipping because I wanted to make sure I'm home when they are delivered. It even said the dates when the shoes should be here. Check shipping the delivery date change from between the 3rd and 4th to the 6th! I will be at work. Now I have to hope nobody steal them before I got off work to get them.

Original review: July 13, 2018

It started so well with a fast 2 day delivery of a pair of women’s trainers. Unfortunately they didn’t fit so we returned them via one of their chosen couriers (DPD). This was easy enough to organize and drop off at my local collection point. The couriers informed me of pick up and return dates. Perfect so far! But after another 10 days after courier's confirmation of return, or 8 working days I had still not received notification of the return from Nike or even refund. I then called Nike after the day previously not heard from my email. They answered. Told me to wait on the hold as they checked the return. After 12 minutes I was then asked whom I had used to return the trainers. So I told them, then hold for another 8 minutes.

Finally got told they had received them a week previously to this call. So I asked why hadn’t I been refunded, he never answered and just said he will process the refund now. Then he told me it could take up to 9 days to receive it in my bank. I asked why so long and was told that is the normal waiting period for every company. I questioned this and was told I must never use online services. Being disabled and almost housebound I tend to use online shopping for 90% of my purchases. This operator treated me like a fool. In all they were useless and I will never use this company ever again. I would not advise anyone to use them either. If you need to return an item you should take up a religion and start praying. This may be all that helps.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have purchased four pairs of Nike street and trail running shoes since 2007 swapping between the four (other three pairs bought in 2009, 2011, and 2014 respectively). I do not run, but use them as general walking shoes on weekends and on vacations. I'm skinny and under average weight for my height and Nike has always fit me better in history than New Balance. However, in the last several years, they have all started falling apart. One pair started breaking up in tread on the bottom in bits like I was cutting it away with a knife. The rest of it held up however. The three other pairs started separating in two places: the bottom tread layer and where the foot layer meets the top layer (thickest layer) cushion sole.

I was able to successfully Shoe-Goo them based on instructions from a self-help home fix website, but it will remain to be seen if that will hold up (photo attached of an example while waiting to dry overnight). For this reason, I have decided to buy New Balance made in the USA going forward. As one who has had Nike's shoes since the early 1980s as a kid, it's a shame they have taken profits first and outsourced all of their production to China with iffy quality. Brand recognition and loyalty mean nothing if the product falls apart prematurely. To put this Nike experience into perspective, I have two pairs of Cole Haan dress shoes dating from the 1990s and a combined five pairs of Timberland business-casual shoes and hiking boots that date from the early 2000s that are still good as new minus sole wear. I got what I paid for there. Not so with Nike.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I purchased 2 pairs of Air VaporMax Flyknit running shoes. I alternate each pair every other day for running. After only 1 month and 100 miles on each pair, the rear heel outer soles wore out and punctured the air pocket causing the cushioning to go flat. I returned the shoes to Nike under their warranty and per instructions on their website. I chose the Reuse program to have the shoes recycled rather than returned to me since they were useless. This is the reply I received from Nike:

"Unfortunately, after a thorough inspection of your product, we've determined that the issue is a result of outsole wear through to the internal airbag, which caused the airbag to deflate. With that, we can't consider this a material or manufacturing flaw, per our return guidelines, and we're unable to issue a product voucher. Per your request, your original product will be recycled through Nike's Reuse-a-Shoe program. Please reach out to us at 1-800-344-6453 (7 am–4 pm PT, Monday–Friday) with any additional questions you might have."

I called that number and was told by the representative that since I chose the Reuse-a-Shoe option to have the shoes recycled further action and review of my claim could not be pursued. I explained that this is ridiculous and did not make sense since I thought that the recycling option was the thoughtful thing to do since the shoes were useless to me and that there was nothing on the option check that informed customers that choosing that option would void any further review of their claim. This fell on deaf ears. This treatment of a lifelong customers speaks pathetically about the corporate culture at Nike.

Nike Company Information