1.32/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

365 Nike Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Every year we order my daughter’s basketball shoes from Nike and wait and wait. This year was exceptionally poor. We ordered way ahead of time this year so we would get them before the 1st game. We talk to 3 cs reps and finally after a month the rep tells us they haven’t even made the shoes yet?! I asked why were we not informed right away about them not being able to make the shoes. He had no answer and was happy to just cancel the order for us!? Ridiculous poor service, poor ordering handling! I will never order Nike again!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I bought a Nike slippers on 10/10/2017 from a Nike showroom under Grand in Kolkata in Esplanade. Few days after use. I saw it had a stitching problem. It was within the warranty period. I took the slippers to the store for claim of the defect. They gave me a customer claim settlement slip and took the slippers on 8/11/2017. They gave me 7-10 days time. Now they are saying the company has rejected the claim. The store is saying me to take the defected shoe back. It was within the warranty period but still not changed. I am submitting the customer claim settlement slip and it's no because the original bill is with them now.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

When I called about a problem with a pair of shoes, I really figured I wouldn't get anywhere. But to my surprise, very helpful. Had me send them in for review. In few days had email stating they had found in my favor. Few days later I had certificate for new pair. First time I had ever been disappointed in Nike but they made it right. Thank you Nike Corp.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Just spent my last hundred dollars on Nike's. Have been trying to 'break them in' for the past week and it's not getting any better. Then it occurred to me to actually compare them to the ones I bought last year and the ones from six - eight years ago. Using a measuring tape around the toe bed just above the laces I discovered they are half an inch smaller. I don't know if it's in the width or depth but considering a toe isn't much taller than that it's apparent all the stretching and bending in the world isn't going to help. The ones I bought six - eight years ago are 5 1/2, they are 1/4" longer than the size six I've been buying. How much do they save cutting back just a tiny bit on materials? Probably a lot more than losing my lousy $100 bucks.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I never write reviews but my experience with Nike was the worst in my life. I had issues with my gift certificate, ordering online, then ordering by phone, then having my shipping delayed and then getting a refund. It was almost like they were trying to push me away as a customer. There are some many other easier options with better customer service. Do not use Nike to buy anything. I know I never will again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nike?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I bought two pairs of the NIKE AIR PEGASUS Bowerman Series shoes some years ago. I wore one of them and decided to save the other unworn pair for later. One month ago, the sole of the pair I had lightly used began crumbling and separated from the shoe. (See image, sole is completely separated of shoe) I thought I had done something wrong and decided to go and take out the "NEW UNUSED PAIR". SURPRISE! The sole of the UNWORN shoes was also beginning to come apart. (See 3 images, shoes have pink stripes)

I called NIKE, and they told me to go to the nearest retail store. Last week I finally found time to drive there (the store is 40 miles away, in Raleigh there are no NIKE "retail stores" and now I see why.) I get to the manager and show him my shoes (the new-coming apart without being worn, and the "used" shoes), and ask him to do something about this. He tells me there is nothing he can do, that he has had people come into the store at the request of the "NIKE customer service line", and that basically, their shoes are designed to come apart regardless of use or not, in a couple years.

I insist that he do something about this, he declares that he can see that the shoes are UNWORN and that they are coming apart, but claims that "all tennis shoe makers use this foam soles that disintegrate in two or three years no matter what". I show him my Clark walking shoes and tell him that I wear and abuse them almost every day. He says that "awww, Clarks are made differently..." He goes ahead to tell me that the customer service people were wrong to send me over to a store, and that there are protocols for sending in shoes to "review" by some "experts" at NIKE, but that he thinks I will be turned down because he has had "several" cases of people trying to return or make a claim on shoes that have had soles coming apart, and that all claims were simply declined by this trashy company.

Nevertheless, he advises to send the shoes to them, and he assures me that I will receive a prepaid label that will cover postage to send the "UNWORN NEW shoes with the soles coming apart" to NIKE. I return home and fill out a form, I get a label, but no postage paid by NIKE. So... Really? Besides the $70+ I paid for the trashy shoes do I need to pay another $15 to get your defective shoes back to you, not expecting to get any positive response? What kind of a company does not stand behind their defective products?

I will not spend one more penny on ANY Nike product, nor will my family. I just heard they are laying off people, no wonder why. SHAME on you NIKE. I feel betrayed and angry. I will make sure everyone I know here's what happened and sees the pictures of the UNWORN shoes coming apart, because of a flaw, or worse: an intentional design that leads to the disintegration of the soles in a short period of time... this is deceivingly devious. What a way to make a buck! SHAME on this trashy company!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I ordered a pair of Nike shoes (to India) and received them after 5 days. Due to size issues, I called their customer team (000800 100 9538) and immediately filed a return which they said will happen in another week. But, it didn't. So, I emailed them asking about the reason to which they replied saying "We do apologize for the trouble that our carrier didn't show up on the scheduled date. Please give us a call at 000800 100 9538 (24 hours a day) or you can do a chat support at **. We love to hear from you so we can reschedule the pick up of your item, do not hesitate to respond directly to this email. I'm always here to help."

I called them up and their team asked me to call the carrier myself and without asking me, she rescheduled the pickup for another date. I was really frustrated by that. When I raised this issue to their team, they replied saying that I was the one who called to reschedule the pickup. I raised this issue too. But, no response. The funny part? The carrier didn't show up on the re-rescheduled date also! Upon contacting the Nike team through their online chat support, I received no response again and they just re-re-rescheduled my picked for another date. Moral of the story: NEVER EVER BUY FROM NIKE ONLINE. THEY SUCK!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Bought my daughter soccer cleats, $360.00 which we thought was ok since her previous cleats lasted her at least 4 years, so we knew these would last her a while. It is now 8 months later and they are falling apart. The store won't take them back and I contacted Nike who gave me their number for Consumer Affairs department. Will update once I contact them to see what they plan on doing about this. As of now, I am PISSED!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Bought a new pair of Air Monarch about 6 months ago. They are very comfortable new and still six months later. The problem is the soles are falling off. Today is the second time I had to re-glue the soles back on. For the price of these sport shoes should last more than six months. I'm guessing this pair was made first thing Monday morning or the last pair on Friday afternoon. First Nike product we ever bought and probably the last.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I purchased a pair of Nike golf shoes last Nov. and didn't use them until Jan. They were purchased at Dick's. In August they fell apart while I was playing golf. The instep separated from the sole of both shoes. This created a dangerous situation as I could have easily tipped and suffered an injury. Both Nike and Dick's refused to do anything about this. Nike said the shoes were manufactured 2 years before I purchased them and their warranty did not have to cover them. The shoes should have lasted a lot longer and should not have become dangerous.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I used to work for nike in the 90's. I have been wearing the Nike monarchs for a very long time. The past 7 years the shoe quality has been getting worse. I am having problems finding a pair that do not squeak or make sounds with popped air soles. I just purchased two new pairs, first pair 2 days starting making noise, returned it, got second pair, after 1 week, making noise. I don't ever remember this happening before 7 to 8 years ago. In the past 3 years I have probably sent back at least 10 pair to Nike. That is horrible.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Bought my son a pair of black Nike Jordan's. He had them a couple of months and they faded from black to gray. I wrote the company a letter and they obviously didn't read it and mailed me back a generic letter not touching on any of the topics I wrote about. It looks as if they saw I mentioned a child in the letter and they then wrote back to a child, not an adult. What a waste of time. We buy so many Nike products for casual wear as well as sports. This was seriously a disappointment!

Original review: July 5, 2017

For Christmas my daughter was given a Visa gift card to use from her grandfather to buy some custom ID Nike tennis shoes. She did so in January with that gift card. As 6 months went on, the name she had put on the back of the tennis shoe began to wear off; odd place for something to wear off as the back of a tennis shoe doesn't rub up against anything. Called Nike and they said to send the shoes back and they would review a refund possibility. Was notified by email that she indeed received a refund, however that refund was made to the gift card.

As this was 6 months ago (Christmas time), after the gift card was used it was thrown away. We therefore obviously did not have access to the card any longer. After calling Nike to inform them of this, we were told that since they had already processed the credit to the gift card, they couldn't do anything else about it. So now we are not only out of a pair of custom tennis shoes, BUT we are out of getting money owed to us as well; i.e. our entitled refund.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Disappointed with Kevin Durant Fire and Ice sneakers I bought for a 10 year old boy. After few months, sole separated and cracked from shoe. A real piece of junk. KD Astro should be ashamed about sponsored that bad product. Low mediocre quality materials. Don't buy Nike!!!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I ordered a pair of shoes for me and my husband for the first time on this website! I get an email that the shoe are no longer in stock and they don't sell those shoes any longer! After they had them posted for people to order! Asked me to pick another pair of shoes and they would match the price! I said "no thank you! I would like my refund back..." My husband checks the account and they took the money the same day I asked for my refund! I have been asking for my money back several times now... no response! I'm now going to get the law into it and build a case on them for FRAUD!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I've been trying to get NIKE FLYEASE, the amazing trainer designed for disabled athletes and due to the zip you can get a splint in. I am sad that NIKE after all its advertisement in respect to this product have allowed themselves to have no stock... while ensuring they have plenty of stock for their able customers (I note they have not run out of them). NIKE attitude was "we have lots of stock of other trainers." Appalling NIKE you should be ashamed.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I collect rare Nike and I thought I was lucky enough to purchase some of these very exclusive shoes. They have never been worn, maintained in their original box in my air conditioned home. I went to show the Exclusive Mirror Foamposite off and they were significantly faded. Nike has BEEN USELESS in a reasonable response or to assist. Needless to say I am NO longer a Nike fan, ** Nike, and I will not purchase any more of their crap.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I purchased a pair of Nike shoes for my 12 year old in March 2017. I spent approximately $76 for a piece of junk! Two months later the soles starting coming apart from both shoes. I filed a complaint and mailed the shoes back to Nike and just got my response: "Sorry after a thorough inspection, we have denied your claim due to normal wear and tear." Pathetic to say the least! What person in their right mind would ever buy another Nike product? I'd be ashame to even admit to "this reason". Your Nike product is only good for 2 months guaranteed. Lol. I knew I should have purchased an American made product! Not anymore!

Original review: May 24, 2017

I purchased these Flyknit sneakers for my son just for casual wear - no "high performance" activities. He doesn't even wear them every day. A little over 2 months later, they are COMPLETELY FALLING APART on the TOP of the shoe. This is ridiculous. That's the last pair of Nikes for us.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I have a pair of Air Max 95 that I have kept and worn about 2 times since I bought them. They are Air Max 95 premium. The shoes are immaculate with the exception of the midsole. I have worn them 2 times since I bought them and the soles are disintegrating with each step. I contacted Nike since it is an older shoe but I felt that the sole disintegrating was a manufacturers defect. I was told they would only warranty a shoe that was 2 years old or less.

Regardless of age a shoe should not disintegrate. The upper of the shoe speaks to the use which is like new. They would do absolutely nothing. I was told if I sent them in Nike would just send them back. How hard is it for them to take responsibility for their workmanship errors. Most other shoe companies would rather have a happy customer than one who feels cheated.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Nike Athletic Shoes - Cheap, cheap, cheap quality. Wow! This company has seriously gone downhill in the last 5 years. I remember when I could buy a pair of Nike's and they would last longer than all my other shoes. I'm not that hard on my shoes either. The last two pairs I purchased were made with black mesh, instead of man made material, or leather (which I don't think is available anymore) and within 3 months they both had holes. Nike doesn't care because they know that most people will simply go buy new ones.

Not me. I'm done with Nike, 100%. Tired of corps. like Nike cutting corners on quality. The material they use for sneakers now is PVC/Olefin, which is basically plastic. Maybe I'll make my sneakers out of old milk cartons now as they will probably last longer than Nike sneakers. I had a friend who worked for Nike in Korea. He said that they are always looking for material that is cheaper, lighter, and they couldn't care less about quality anymore. It's all about how many shoes they produce, and how quickly. Sorry, NIKE! You lost a customer here. I spent over 200.00 per year on sneakers with your company for the last 25 years. No MORE!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I purchased two pair of Nike Huaraches (one for work and one for recreation). These are the WORST shoes I've ever put on my feet. The shoes push my heel so far forward, my toes ache! My feet hurt while wearing these shoes and I have just given up. I'm going to a podiatrist to see if they have ruined/injured my toes. I will be returning the recreational pair, since I haven't worn them yet.

Original review: May 16, 2017

The Nike Air Shoe is an expensive shoe that will not hold up. I have a pair that look brand new and have been used very little and the sole separated from the shoe exposing the air pockets. Save your money and time in trying to file a claim with Nike as you won't get anywhere. Mine are going in the landfill and I will never think that Nike puts out a superior product. These shoes came from Vietnam. Goodbye Nike.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I bought a pair running Nike about 2 weeks ago. They are so uncomfortable trying to wear them in but they are so hard and already starting to fall apart. Nike need to put up their game and make quality products, instead of cheap rubbish!!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I bought my 12 year old son Nike Huarache in late December 2016. By March 2017 (3 MONTHS!) there was a hole in the sole of the right shoe and the beginning of a hole in the sole of the other. I filed a claim with Nike and truly believed they would stand behind their product and make it right. NOPE! They said this is "normal wear and tear" - really?? Their products are only made to last 3 months?? We have been loyal Nike customers for years... not anymore!

Original review: May 1, 2017

So I've been buying Nike my whole life. Basically for the name and style. There is different levels of comfort in the different styles obviously. Well I came across Kevin Durant while looking for a pair to play basketball in. Loved the way they looked, and when I tried them on I could not believe how comfortable they were. I had to have them, hell I bought another pair to play in and one to wear around.

After a little over a month of having these Kevin Durant, and only wearing them several times, they broke on me the other day. Obviously upset I try to figure a way to get another pair or see what Nike Claims could do for me. After the page told me I had to mail my sneakers in and wouldn't take pictures I emailed I tried to contact someone directly via phone. After a long wait I finally got someone (Amanda, or Amber). I tell them my situation, how I've been a long time customer, how sneakers (Air Max in particular) in the past have broke or popped with no excessive wear, how I was pretty upset about these Kevin Durant breaking on me. I go on to explain I don't have means to send these sneakers out and how I can email pictures with the damage and a picture of my license.

She continues to say the only way is to mail them in. So obviously upset I explain my dissatisfaction with her and Nike. Why should I have to use more of my time to mail them back their junk when they can simply look it up on their computer and see what I am saying is the truth. All in all Nike lost this customer of many many many years!!!

Original review: April 29, 2017

Nike running shoes - After trying on the shoes in the store, I was very confident and satisfied with the shoes I had selected. However, after wearing the shoes for about 2 months, they are now making a noise when I walk. There is a hollowed out area in the heel that is creating this. This was made by the manufacturer. This noise occurs on concrete, or tiled floors. It sounds like a suction cup release with every step I take. For the price I had to pay, the shoes should last more than 2 months.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I received my Jordan 11 low that I purchased for my toddler today. Upon inspection of the shoes I noticed that one shoe has more fabric on the back than the other and the "jumpman" one is higher than the other. I called customer service and got a poor apology and only to offer me to ship the shoes back and said it will take 4 WEEKS for them to create another shoe!! What the hell! Never again will I buy from NIKE.COM!!!

Original review: April 28, 2017

Nike Noir = trash or money down the drain. Nike is bringing out below par products with below par service. Consumers please save your money until this company learn to invest on shoes than the sports personnel or on their ads. The sole is paper thick and the sole is coming off main shoes in a month and half with use only in basketball court.

Original review: April 19, 2017

You should maybe start making your products to last. I bought some KD series 9 for my 10 year old son and within 3 months, the airbag deflated. They were bought Dec 2016 as a Christmas present. I was told that because of the wear, they would not do anything about it. He is a BOY!!! They play rough, so make your products to withstand a little more activity. Whether it's on the court or outside playing. The amount of money you charge for these shoes and it got my son 3 months of use. No way will I be buying any more products from Nike. To top it off, I paid $20 to ship them to Nike for the inspection. They also tried to offer a discount on future purchases, thanks but no thanks.

Nike Company Information