Formerly Sunpro Solar

SunPower

SunPower

View Plan

About ADT Solar

ADT Solar sells and installs solar panels from four brands, including Enphase, LG, Unirac and Outback Power. It takes care of all permitting and inspections and backs up its work with a 25-year guarantee that covers labor, power production and certain parts and systems. The company is available in 22 states nationwide.

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

Pros

• 25-year guarantee
    • Free consultation
    • Handles permitting
    • Provides roofing support

Cons

• Not available in all states
    • No in-house financing

Bottom Line

ADT Solar sells solar panels and handles permitting, installation, inspections, electrical work and grid connection. Systems come with a 25-year, legally binding power production guarantee, along with warranty coverage.

What is ADT Solar?

ADT Solar is a solar energy company that offers grid-tied solar panel system installation in 22 states. It can get your system up and running in several weeks. ADT Solar also installs Tesla Powerwall energy storage and solar batteries to provide power through the night and help you avoid electrical surge prices.

ADT Solar systems come with a 25-year labor guarantee, 25-year power production guarantee, 25-year panel module performance guarantee and 25-year Enphase microinverters guarantees. Brands include LG, Enphase, Outback Power and Unirac.

The company also has an in-house roofing division to address any concerns regarding roof damage and ensure the best practices for solar installation. In case of damage to your solar panels, ADT Solar can also help with removal and reinstallation.

ADT Solar provides 100% in-house repair and maintenance of its systems. If panels are damaged, customers are covered by the 25-year guarantee and will not pay for repairs.

How does ADT Solar work?

ADT Solar offers free estimates and energy audits to get you started. A solar specialist will work with you to customize a solar energy system that meets your goals and maximizes efficiency on your property.

ADT Solar takes care of the permits, inspections and electrical work. Once the company installs the panels and the city utility installs the net meter, the system starts producing power right away.

You only pay for the electricity not produced by your system, and any excess power will be sent back to the city grid. Net metering works slightly differently depending on location.

With the installation of an ADT Solar solar system, customers get lifetime, 24/7 online monitoring with Enphase Enlighten. Track energy consumption, see performance data in real time, check that the system is operating normally and get alerts of any issues with the array.

ADT Solar cost

ADT Solar says the average cost to install solar panels ranges from $11,000 to $25,000. The exact cost depends on square footage, kilowatt usage and the south-facing roofline. In some areas, you can get rebates and tax credits.

Qualified customers can finance a ADT Solar system with $0 down, but you can also obtain a solar loan or pay upfront (solar purchase). ADT Solar also recommends exploring an Energy Efficient Mortgage, which credits a home’s energy efficiency into the mortgage.

ADT Solar FAQ

Where is ADT Solar available?

ADT Solar is available in:

• Iowa
    • California
    • Nevada
    • Massachusetts
    Does ADT Solar provide a warranty?

Yes, ADT Solar provides a 25-year warranty on labor, power production, panel module performance and Enphase microinverters.

What financing programs does ADT Solar offer?

ADT Solar partners with solar loan providers to offer zero-down financing. The company also accepts solar loans from banks and credit unions. An Energy Efficient Mortgage can also finance a solar energy system.

What brands of solar panels are available from ADT Solar?

ADT Solar sells products from LG, Enphase, Outback Power and Unirac.

How long do ADT Solar solar power systems last?

ADT Solar claims its solar power systems can last up to 50 years. The company offers a 25-year power production guarantee.

Is ADT Solar legit?

ADT Solar offers a 25-year power production guarantee with its solar energy installations, which legally protects customers in case the solar panels don’t perform as expected. With a warranty, ADT Solar also covers labor, panels and inverters. Though ADT Solar isn’t available in all areas, the company offers services in 22 states and has performed over 18,000 solar installations.

ADT Solar doesn’t outsource to other contractors for repair and maintenance of its solar arrays, and all systems come with 24/7 online monitoring.

ADT Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Solar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Solar?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

In the middle of a Breach of Contract dispute with ADT Solar. The fact that I have waited more than 11 months (four months after the contractual deadline for completion of this project) speaks to my patience. I understanding that things happen, and that constraints are a fact of life these days, but 12 months to complete a project is completely unacceptable under any circumstance. What makes it even worse is their lack of communication. Stay away from ADT Solar.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Project has failed inspections multiple times, no sense of urgency, now on month 11 and still no power from the solar project that was promised to be done in 60-90 days. HORRIBLE. Keep trading out customer service reps.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

First and foremost I am writing this because they use Enphase solar, but refuse to allow the Sunlight backup which was the only reason I went with them as it doesn't require a battery to run essential functions if the grid goes down. My customer service advocate, Yesinia **, was friendly when she could answer questions, but just ignored emails when she couldn't. I am on my final inspection before we go live so I haven't had the issue that others have had with them messing up the installation but I can easily see that happen with how this company runs.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Our solar panels were installed in May of 2022. We were told the project would be inspected and turned on. 9 months later we still have no solar and we are paying every month for the equipment. We told them from the start we could not afford to pay the equivalent of light bills a months on our SS each month. Folks, please be careful!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Three months later after purchasing ADT Solar (Sun Pro), the system is still not working. I’ve contacted them several times and no action to correct 16 installation defects or get the other 11 panels to work. They collect $50,000 from me and disappear. Do not buy from ADT Solar. Like me, you will be making an expensive mistake.

Resolution response: Oct. 11, 2022

I talked with the company and they worked out the situation. I am content with the resolution that we came to. Although it was tricky to get to the right person, I believe that person who I finally connected to was understanding and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

There were serious communication problems from the beginning. Several no shows of the inspector and the inspector found a major issue, they continued to try to schedule installation without addressing the issue. Asked about the issue multiple times, and would get a message back saying they could answer my question, but wouldn't actually answer it.

To this day, I don't know if they were going to charge more to resolve these concerns. Telling them there were concerns about trusting them, it was as if that wasn't heard at all. They simply ignore concerns and continue pretending to move forward. On the day I said I was cancelling, I got a cancellation notice along with a call wanting to schedule the same day. They try to use the contract to pin you in the corner, but I'm going to pay the 3K fee before I spend 50K letting these people mess things up even more than they have. It shouldn't be this confusing. I couldn't actually tell you who is in charge of installation as I got 3-4 different people texting to set it up "tomorrow" with an electrical box that their inspection said wasn't up to go to do the project. Not a good service.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I signed a contract with ADT Solar on June 15th 2022. It took 4 weeks for permits to city and get approval from HOA. After approval it only took 5 days and they installed panels and wiring electrical boxes, running all wires thru attic completing all in 10 hours. I have called the scheduler about SRP's inspection and Pro Team time line but I still don't have a date on Sept. 27th 2022.

I can understand electric company dragging their feet so they can still charge me for the 100-104 degree summer days here in AZ and the Pro Team is backlogged. Pro Team is checking house for energy loss and replacing light bulbs with LED bulbs. I will come back when or if anything happens. I understood when the salesman said the Federal and State credits are against the tax you owe because I researched that. To increase my tax owed I began moving money from Traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs so that money is taxable in the year I move it. In that way I will be able to use most all of the energy credit.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I initially installed solar five years ago under Sunpro, my service was great. Now under ADT Management, the service is very disorganized, calls are not returned for days or weeks. They say they have Project managers, but have done nothing to manage my project or keep me the customer informed of what they are doing or when they intend to complete my FLOP. Deinstall/Reinstall.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

My solar panels were installed in December 2021 and the guy who sold them to me was not honest about everything. I didn’t know the company who financed the solar panels would also put a lien on my house until they were paid for…. They were financed for 25 years. The salesman told me I would get a tax refund/credit for 6% of the amount paid ($9,200) and that was not true either. Six of my 19 solar panels stopped working on 14 August 2022 and I have not been able to get them fixed.

On my Enphase App, it reads “This microinverter is reporting a production issue. Contact your maintenance for help.” I have contacted the company several times and they told me they are aware of the problem but are being very vague with details about what they are doing to get them repaired and WHEN they will be repaired. In the meantime, I am paying my electric bill and also paying for solar panels that are defective and ADT/SUNPRO Solar is not doing anything to assist me with this issue.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Honestly, I would not give this any stars. We signed for the system in April. Was told complete installation would be 45 to 60 days. We are now working on 5 months. This has been a nightmare every step of the way. As of today, the system still has not been inspected by the State (was scheduled over a month ago for yesterday) but no one showed up. Our Service Manager, Christopher ** is of no help at all. He never ever responds unless we call the sales rep and get mad. The most recent example of his lack of support is, we reached out to him several days (4) to verify when the inspection was to be done. He responded he would get back to us. Still nothing and no inspector arrived as scheduled (yesterday). Today, Chris finally got back to us after we really got angry, he was defensive and rude but still had no answers on what is going on with our system.

We can give you example after example of the incompetence of this company. We were required to schedule time off from work to be here for installation. Two days turned into 4, which turned into 6, plus a half day which ended up being 11 hours. The reasons we were given for all the delays were numerous from the teams were not informed of what was needed or what was done prior, or they are lacking the equipment and/or supplies necessary to complete the project.

The hardest and one of many annoying things is they received their money from the finance company, even though the system is not usable. We are responsible for the payment even though we are not able to get the system inspected and final steps (we were told another 2 weeks after the inspection). With no answers from our Service Manager Chris, we will be paying a couple of months charges for a system still not ready to use.

Overall, I would warn you of how unprofessional, unresponsive, lack of professionalism they have displayed in the several months dealing with them. Now they have their money we are not a priority and can't get anyone to respond to our inquiries until you get to the point of anger. If you are thinking about this type of system, I again would strongly suggest someone else. We are researching how to proceed legally - get their equipment removed, and our home roof and bricks (where they installed something, we would have never approved) repaired. I wish you the best - but I would not recommend wasting your time, effort and money with ADT / Sun Solar.

Find a Solar Energy partner near you.

ADT Solar Company Information

Formerly Named:
        Sunpro Solar
        www.goadtsolar.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: