4.3/5 (1127 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About ADT

ADT provides home security and alarm systems with features like entry sensors, motion detection, smoke alarms and leak detectors to help ensure your home, family and belongings are protected from intruders and environmental disasters. The company offers professionally installed systems available with top-of-the-line equipment for intrusion detection, video monitoring and smart-home automation.

Pros

• Variety of products
  • Reliable service
  • Smart-home connectivity
  • Six-month money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited video capabilities
  • Installation cost

Bottom Line

ADT offers customized alarm and security systems with smart-home automation features and 24/7 monitoring. With ADT Pulse, the system can be connected to Amazon Alexa and your smart-home devices.

ADT Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

The reps did as promised during the installation and it took as long as they said it would. Also, the quality and the system overall are great. I’d recommend it to anybody. I’m highly satisfied and I hope it stays that way.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

The features offered in my package are good and the system is easy to use. I'm happy with my service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

About two weeks before Thanksgiving, I thought I had disarmed the alarm and I went out the front door. The alarm went off and ADT was on the phone before I could get that disarmed. Also, there was one time that the panic button went off somehow, and it was in my car, locked up. We got to the house and the police was sitting in my front yard. He said my panic button went off and asked for my identity. We had to show the police an ID before he would let us in. I was with a different company before and they never did that. ADT does more than what that company did. I've recommended ADT to people. Also, their reps, Jason and Tom, were really good. I couldn't ask for two better people to come to the house and do what they did. I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I had a very helpful and knowledgeable tech. He got the system all updated. He installed all the sensors in the downstairs windows and front door for me, and he needed very little assistance from me. We then tested out the system together. I only had one issue with ADT. I already had an existing dashboard and they were going to have me run through it to see if they could activate it without sending a tech out. The first time I set up the appointment, they called the wrong day and time. I reconfirmed that I was not home at that time and that the appointment was supposed to be the following day at a certain time. I didn't get a phone call for another week and they were asking if I was still interested in setting up the system. That was a little bit frustrating. But once I got the lady back on the phone and we got it set up, the rest was fine.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Everything's been fine with ADT. I like that I can view what's going on outside. I utilize their app and I like it. It's very easy to use.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I shopped around to a few different vendors and I didn't see anybody with a comparable package to ADT. Signing up with them was a good experience and I'm satisfied with their system features. The cameras have given me a lot of sense of security and I like how responsive they are. We had a minor hiccup for a few days with the system but besides that, it's functioning well. Strongly consider ADT.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

It's easy to get ahold of someone at ADT and to speak to a real person. We've had the system for a month and a half and everything seems to be going well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

It was a very good experience all the way around with ADT. The sales rep and the technician were great.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Signing up with ADT was pretty easy and the sales rep I had was very professional. I was also very satisfied with the service package that was offered to me but from the previous package that we had, the Ring that we had on our front door was way faster and easier to work with than the ADT products because we always had issues with the cameras. They usually lagged and they'd freeze here and there. We don't have them anymore but if ADT would get a little turnaround on the cameras or the speed, that would be better. Other than that, the sensors work fine and with the kids, I feel good about the protection that we get.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I had a good experience with the ADT sales rep.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I've had ADT for years and they are the best. I had an issue where I did a transfer from an old home to a new home and there was a miscommunication. I was still getting a bill from one location when that should have been transferred. But we got that resolved.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

ADT is awesome. The representatives are good and the installers are informative. It’s a good investment and it makes me feel more at ease.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

At this home that I'm in, ADT has been the worst. Their new system that came out in ’19 was the newest panel that they got at the time. I had ADT since 2004 in all my homes and even businesses. It went to ‘17, an authorized dealer put all aftermarket equipment in my home. So, ADT wasn't monitoring my home. They are an authorized dealer. And I said the customer did not know that. They even installed my garage door opener. I still have the cameras in there, but ADT doesn't monitor those. So my doorbell they did was replaced seven times. When corporate got involved, I just told them. It was like on a scary movie that somebody came in, installed equipment, supposed to be from one of the nation's top brands, and they are not with ADT. So business-wise, we went to CPI for two of the businesses and kept ADT for one.

But in the new house, one of the sensors that they installed is bad. The technician that came out last week said he tried to fix it, but he didn't carry those sensors on his truck. So, I have to call back again this week, because it went off again that it's not monitored. That's a 8,900 square foot house. The police have been called and have been out there three times but I haven't been called once. When I called ADT about it, they said it was a test system where the alarm just kept going off. They said they contacted me but they did not. And just yesterday, my husband was out there because the gas people had to come out and check the gas pipes. The alarm went off before on one of the sensors that he didn't know, which is to the pool door outside that connects to the house. The police was again called but I wasn't called. We’re looking for someone else.

ADT response

Thank you for reaching out to us! We do apologize for the experience that you have described and would like to assist in resolving any outstanding issues. If you could please email our team directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com with the full address in which the services are located and the account details along with your post for further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

There were some issues with the install. In the house, the guy put a screw into the electrical wire in a wall when he was putting in the control panel and it shorted out all the lights in my mudroom, kitchen, and dining room. I made him back the screw out because he said that wasn’t the problem, but it was, and the lights came back on. But it’s dimmer, or the mudroom lights don't work anymore, and I'm not sure of the damage in the wall to the wire. Plus, he used all house stuff to install stuff in my garage. I haven't been able to secure my garage since the install. Two of the sensors don't work.

The manager for this area said he was gonna get back to me and he was gonna start a claim. It's been a week and I haven't heard anything. I'm still waiting. I had Protection 1 for 20 years in Western Washington, which was bought by ADT, and I never had an issue with those guys. Always there, always did things right. When I come over here, I get a bad install, and nobody wants to talk to me about it. I think they're hoping that I’d go away.

ADT response

Hello harry. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for any frustration this has caused you. We have escalated your concerns to our local team and have asked that they contact you directly. Thank you!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

The installer who did my ADT system was great. Everything leading up to it was a bit of a disaster though. We had someone come out and give us the initial quote, and we said, "Great," so we signed the contract. Then, the very next day, we got a flyer in the mail from ADT saying if you sign up, you get two free outdoor cameras. I had purchased an outdoor camera. So, I quickly called our guy and said, "Hey, I just got this flyer. Now, can we still cash in on it?" He said, "Well, no. Because I already gave you a deal. No." I said, "Okay." Then I thought, "Well, I'm gonna call the main ADT number, 1-800." I talked to them and chatted with this gal and she said, "Oh, I think I can still get that for you." I was on hold off and on for over a half-hour. She finally came back and she said, "Great. I got approval for it." Then, the phone got disconnected.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

The customer service guy explained to me that when I move, I could have it set up somewhere else, the length of the contract, and when I pay that contract off, I own the camera and the DVR. I'm still trying to learn it all. I'm still confused about how the DVR works, but I'll figure it out.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

My rep was super helpful and gave me all the information I needed. It was easy to set up an appointment. A tech then came out and was super polite and nice. The install was done within 30 minutes and it was perfect. The security system works fine. My kids both know how to use it, turn it on, and turn it off. That helps them sleep in their own beds because they're not scared. ADT has reasonable prices and my experience with them has been great so far.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

I had ADT years ago and I switched over, which was a big mistake. When that contract ran out, I went back to ADT. The technician that came to install was nice, friendly, and professional. He knew what he was doing. My wife came in the house and she was not familiar with it. She set the alarm off and ADT called in no time to make sure.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

We had ADT for 20 years before we got it this time. The technician was in the house the whole time when it was reactivated and he demonstrated it step by step. Everything seems really up to date. The equipment is a lot newer than it was 20 years ago. I can even get on my phone and do it. It's doing really well now.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I had ADT reinstated. They updated my system and the guy that came out for the installation was good. But trying to get the service back in place took several hours on the phone. It was ridiculous how much time it took.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

ADT was a special that was offered to my job. The overall functionality and performance of the system were excellent. It was just that all of them were a little bulky. It could be smaller. But I was pretty satisfied. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

ADT came out and we discussed everything that I wanted. The price was right so I chose them. The system works great and we are getting used to hearing the electronic chick’s voice all the time going the driveway door, French doors, or patio door is still open. My wife downloaded the app for her phone. She can activate or deactivate the system and set the alarm using her phone. That’s convenient. I’m very happy with the experience and the whole situation.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I've had ADT for years and since they got new equipment, it's been pretty good.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

We were told that ADT might be the best for us to get based on our needs. Our sales rep was really good and informed. Our install guy was Brian and he was incredible. We needed to get our doorbell installed but we didn't have enough voltage. He told us what to do to get that done. We bought a transformer that's needed. Recently, we purchased a couple of shutter things and a motion sensor. The only thing with ADT is it's a bit pricey, especially for the startup. We paid $900 upfront instead of doing the installments. That's a lot of money. We are also having a higher bill for a few years.

ADT response

Greetings, AJ! Glad to hear your sales rep was awesome before, during and after the sale! We show on the account however, your install was discounted $370.85 leaving your total install cost, $578.15. The other two charges for $63.17 were for the current month, and next month billing as we bill a month in advance. Totaling $700.00, not $900.00- If you have records indicating other wise, we would be happy to review! Please forward any further correspondence to AlwaysThere@adt.com so our team can check it out. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I called ADT and they came out three hours later. They were very nice while they were here and I was happy with everything. I use my phone app. It's easier for me because when I hit the screen and get the code in, I panic. My husband uses the panel thing a lot. Also, I love the camera outside and my grandkids are able to speak to me when I'm out there. It’s fun. Everything seems really good.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

ADT was really good with the scheduling and customer service was great. Their system is a lot more advanced now than the previous system and I like the touchscreen keypad.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

We already had ADT previously but I am less happy this time than our last house. The panel has not been working. It was installed and then within a week, it was triggering. The fire department came. There were things going off with it and I talked to ADT but they weren't able to help me over the phone. So, I had to disable it and we haven't had a system for two weeks. They're coming out to look at it but aren't able to because of my work schedule. So, it's gonna be another two weeks before they can come. And in this whole time, after we had it for about a week and we're having a lot of issues with it, we want to cancel our service and go something like SimpliSafe. But ADT's return or cancellation policy is only three days so we're stuck with it.

Having three days to be able to decide you don’t want something is a little short. So, being transparent about how short that period is something that ADT can improve on. I got upsold into doing it. I wanted to look at other ones but the ADT person convinced me to do it, which I understand that's their job, but they didn't say I only had three days to decide if I wanted to keep it. I got a little bit trapped into it.

ADT response

We're so terribly sorry to learn of this experience you've had as a member of the ADT family! We would love to address these issues with you further. If you could please email our team directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com with the full address in which the services are located and the account details along with your post for further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The ADT system was already installed and all the technician had to do was come in and do whatever he had to do to turn it back on. He was excellent. I’m learning more about my neighborhood so I'm very happy to have the home security system. I got the extra protection and security from my system and as long as I can afford it, I’ll have it around. I live on a fixed income so I got to watch my p's and q's.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Everything was great with the ADT sales rep and it was a positive experience. If I had questions or before the installer did something, he would ask. The equipment is better than what we had previously and the smart features are more responsive and a little bit better as far as the camera. The clarity is good and you can select where you want the motion detected, which is what I like. I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

ADT’s customer service was good as well as the installer. He had a lot to do so there wasn't much conversation while he was working but he asked me plenty of questions on where I wanted certain things in the house and where I felt it best would be needed and installed. He listened and put it there, and even offered some suggestions. Having a Protection 1 system for the past 10 years, the nicest thing is the upgrade in the equipment and the ease of use. The new technology is quite different than the old keypad. I've got an iPad-looking thing now that I could use and added cameras.

I had a service call last night and everything went well. I had a couple of cameras go out so I needed to have them re-hooked back up and we did everything online. I'd recommend ADT if you were looking for a basic to mid-level security system. The cameras detect motion but it doesn't record 24/7. That's something I didn't know beforehand and might have changed my mind switching over to ADT. But overall, if a buddy has a house and he's just looking for camera coverage when someone walks in the front yard or something moves in his backyard, it’s a good deal for the price.

ADT Company Information