Call toll free
1.69/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When you consider home security, consider who you want to be by your side when selecting 24/7 security services. ADT not only offers the best in home security and alarm systems, but for over 140 years ADT continues to remain the name for the most tested, trusted and proven security systems available to you. ADT home security can help safeguard you, your family and everything you have worked so hard for from an uncertain world. Learn about 24/7 security services that can help protect your home, your family, and everything you own - call us today!

ADT Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

ADT Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Never notifies you before calling the police resulting in local fines for false alarm. Upon contacting customer support they refuse to admit the mistake for not contacting you. Then when you call to cancel FIVE separate times they never cancel or confirm a cancel. Each time I referenced the previous call to which they denied it ever occured. This is the sketchy customer service I expect from a rinky dink fly by night alarm company not this "reputable" company. Honestly I don't see ADT lasting much longer if this is how they handle their customers.

ADT response

Hello Edward- We are sorry to hear of the experience that you have had. We have reviewed the account and do not show any false alarms in the past year. We are happy to address your concern. Please reach out to us at alwaysthere@adt.com.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

A few months ago, ADT's scheduled monthly payments stopped working, despite no changes in my credit card information. They claim my bank has declined the payments, but I've contacted my bank, and they show no attempted transactions by ADT. I've spent at least 8 hours trying to resolve their billing issues, but the problem persists. I have to ask myself, how can a company provide a quality high tech security system when they can't even manage a low tech billing service.

ADT response

Hello Mark. We apologize for this frustrating experience. We've located your account and do see that it is set up on easypay. If you have any additional trouble with the billing, please give us a call at 1-800-238-2727 or let us know via email at AlwaysThere@adt.com, and we'll be happy to review further. Thank you. -Andrew

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

ADT Refuses to unlock the alarm system in my house so I can use it for security purposes. I cannot do anything with it, not even enable the door chimes. They are trying to force me to pay them over 600 dollars a year for a system that can work in a standalone mode for free. The entire house is filled with sensors and wires, but they refuse to come remove them as they say 'The alarm system belongs to the house.' They act like the alarm system belongs to them, and won't allow me to have security in my own home without paying them. I would expect them to give me the installer code instead of holding my security hostage.

ADT response

Hello William- For liability and legal reasons ADT would not come to your house once you have ceased services. We do however wish you the best of luck with finding a system that might work better for you family. Thank you.

- Mazen

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

My experience with ADT has been nothing short of a nightmare. I signed a three year contract with ADT in 2017. I feel that ADT was dishonest, callous, and irresponsible. Please reconsider another service before ADT. I signed a three year contract with ADT and everything was fine until I decided to switch my services 18 months in. Once I decided that, I was thrusted into a nightmare. ADT obstructed my buyout by refusing to release the necessary paperwork for months. Moreover, they went into my account unauthorized and took the remaining balance of nearly 700.00 dollars without thought or regard to what else I had going on.

When I called to request the morning back, I was hung up on by five different customer representatives who acted as if they couldn't hear me. When I finally got through to management, she was condescending, unsympathetic, and rude. To add insult to injury, ADT had a collection agency call me and representing themselves as attorneys. I was not even behind on payments. I am shocked that an organization of this caliber would be on par with what I feel and believe to be underhanded tactics.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I was told my equipment and installation would be no charge as I was a new customer. I was charged on my credit card the full price of equipment and installation. I called to speak to someone about the error, and was told they would check the phone call information I had that assured me the equipment and installation were free, and I would receive a callback within 24 hours, and I did not receive the call.

ADT response

Hello Rebecca- We're truly sorry to hear of the trouble! If you could please email our team directly at AlwaysThere@adt.com with the address in which the services are located we would be happy to assist you further!~ Eileen

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Hello, My doorbell camera has been a failure since the start of my ADT service. I always have issues with it. Also, the recorded videos no longer play when I try to access them. I am considering canceling the service all together. The hours of available technicians for our work schedule is really difficult to match.

ADT response

Hello Jose- We do apologize to learn of the trouble you're experiencing with the doorbell! We would be happy to address this with you further if you could please email our team directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com with the address in which the services are located and a reference to your review we would be happy to assist you further.~ Thank you

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Reactivating my account with ADT was smooth! The representative who took care of my account and the technician who updated my unit and attachments were both excellent! They were both focused in making me feel confident of the advantages of having a newer unit and the benefits of adding another motion detector inside my home! I would give them both a thumbs up!

ADT response

Thank you for choosing ADT, and giving us the opportunity to protect what matters most! Have a great day, Rosalinda!

- Mazen

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I've been with Adt for about 7 yrs and have had lots of problems with relocation and billing issues. Adt managed to continue to bill me at 2 locations when I clearly switched residences. I was extremely proactive in informing them well in advance of relocating, but their systems were very slow in the switching process. It was like pulling teeth when it came to having to straighten everything out! Then, they switched me from paper billing to paperless, when I never authorized this...thus, called nearly 20 times speaking to different reps and supervisors and even then they couldn't resolve the problem!

So, I caved in after months of trying to get billing resolved and paid using the adt app. Once I used the app is when they finally started sending me the paper bills. It's been nothing but a waste of time yelling and being stuck on the phone for countless hours. However, the service itself has been a decent experience in terms of the alarm system being functional and receiving prompt response times, so there's that! I'm most likely going to cancel when my contract ends though, due to the headaches I've had from the billing and relocation side of things. Also, I'd highly recommend their basic wireless system over the massive robot of a system that they will try to sell you because they basically work the same, but basic wireless is much more affordable! Good luck!

ADT response

Hello Tara- We're sorry to learn of these billing concerns and would be happy to address this with you further if you could please email our team directly at AlwaysThere@adt.com with a reference to your review and the address(s) in which the services were/are located. Thank you~ Eileen

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I called customer service to see if there was anything they could do about my contract. Life threw me into a situation where I am trying to keep my head above water. I was told that my situation did not warranty any consideration and that I would have to continue paying my monthly fee until the end of 2020. I am selling my house and move to a small rental apt. This company is a rip off and binds you to contracts without specifying the terms of the agreement.

ADT response

Hello Varsha- We are sorry to hear of your experience. The contract does clearly stated that terms of the agreement. The termination fees are valid if the account is being cancelled.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Our installation tech was knowledgeable, informative, and friendly. He pointed out several areas that needed new equipment in our 40-year old home. So far, and it's only been a little over a month since the ADT system was installed, we are very pleased.

ADT Company Information